Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms Daily Podcast.
Speaker 2: It is not often Miss Throumy comes to our show with a strong ceiling shed a lot, but I feel like the feelings are feeling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I.
Speaker 2: Feel like you do a good job, like muting how strong the ceilings are. Every now and then you'll pop up and be like, nah, this one is hidden the spot.
Speaker 3: But I wasn't prepared so.
Speaker 2: For me to come through and say that she finds the Jeffrey Dharma fanfare disgusting, not because she's not right, because you know, I don't know what happens when I don't see through me when she's not in front of me or on my phone.
Speaker 3: She's a mystery. I like having bards and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I'm just gonna say I feel a bit ineloquent this week.
Speaker 1: Why is that?
Speaker 3: I just, you know, ineloquent, it is a word. It's a really a great word.
Speaker 4: I'm just, you know, the brain's not really firing us. I'm still in I Beetha mode. But I will say we're talking about Jeffrey Dharmer. I don't say anything like really hectic because it makes me sick. So basically, this podcast is for anyone that tried to watch that series and will stick to their stomach. For example, my sister and I both love all of this spooky shit, even she Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I think that's why we've got to find a differentiation, because I'm all about spooky stuff, right, but I don't watch like I'm not into horror anymore or like paranormal activity stuff. I'm like a real life speaky person, Like I appreciate it when it's here, but like I'm not gonna go to the ghost.
Speaker 1: Tour that stuff.
Speaker 3: See that's where we differ.
Speaker 4: Okay, So what we're gonna do for a few podcast times put this in the diary. I want to tell you all my scary story.
Speaker 3: Okay. In fact, maybe I should tell you on to my's podcasts. No say it?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, anyway, once you hear the story, you believe in ghosts.
Speaker 3: I already do. Let's get to.
Speaker 1: It, Okay, Flick and frooms.
Speaker 2: Picture this Smiths Frumini. You've fallen in love, well uh oh.
Speaker 3: Triggered falling in love, and you get engaged and you are on cloud nine amazing.
Speaker 2: Your partner does some spooky stuff and you're like, okay, I'm done with this.
Speaker 3: I cannot. I cannot go through with this.
Speaker 2: Whatever he's done is just so beyond embarrassing, disrespectful, dangerous, unsafe that your only only only decision is to call the engagement. You can't marry him, it would never happen that way. But now here's the thing. You've got the ring. It's worth twenty three thousand dollars. Fair enough, Sarah, that's the minimum. Literally rates start at twenty three k for this ring. So yeah, naturally, like we've got to, you know, call the engagement. You take the ring, you put it on Facebook marketplace, you know, at market value twenty three k. What ends up happening is that you go viral on Facebook. You start a heated debate with people thinking that you are beyond insensitive for selling a gift which should have been returned to the person who gave it to you. Do you agree or do you disagree? It's kind of iconic, literally cyclist salary that someone gave you.
Speaker 4: You know, what was the most iconic execution of an engagement ring that I've ever heard of? Lara Bingle and the what's the sports guy whatever the cricket's name was when she flushed her engagement ring down the toilet.
Speaker 3: WHOA, Yeah in Bondai of all places. WHOA.
Speaker 4: Personally, if it was me, I'd be too scared to do that on Facebook is crazy. I once worked for someone who bought their girlfriend a Cartier ring.
Speaker 3: Well, wasn't an engagement ring, was it?
Speaker 4: It was an engagement ring? Oh and they broke up. So then he took it back and tried to sell it on high end on Facebook.
Speaker 3: Not on high end, you girlies, no what I'm talking about. That got a lot of traffic. I'm thinking about it, right.
Speaker 2: We really have to exercise a lot of you know, creative sensibilities to be like, we're engaged. But if I was engaged, I got the ring, the engagements called off. I'm giving it back. I don't feel like I should have to, but I like to prove points. So I'm like, you know, just so you know that I'm really really decisive, take.
Speaker 3: It back, get it out of my face.
Speaker 2: That hurts in a different life, though, I'm with this woman selling it.
Speaker 3: It was my gift. Let me do what I want with it. I'm a pretty princess.
Speaker 2: Facebook marketplace though, that was never going to be That was never going to be the place to make a sale.
Speaker 3: That's I wanted him to see. She's like, look at me.
Speaker 4: There's certain things you should not be allowed to sell on Facebook marketplace, like what namely a bag of frozen chicken nuggets that it apparently from me Donalds always comes out?
Speaker 3: What do you mean? Always comes up? Like random people? You're a primary demographic for that nonsense? Yes or no? Do you give the engagement ring back or is it yours to keep the person?
Speaker 4: I'd love to be if I was a dramatic person, sell it, But I'm going to be giving it back.
Speaker 3: We're so lame.
Speaker 1: We need a pattern up flex and frooms.
Speaker 2: Thankfully three me has a bone to pick. I love when this happens a.
Speaker 4: Little too literal of a phrase for what I'm about to talk about. Yeah, it might be Jeffrey Darmer, a man called Jay Jeffrey Darmer. It is a show on Netflix. Is it called just Darma?
Speaker 3: Not across it anyway? It is?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 3: It is? Have you watched it? I haven't. Do you know who Jeffrey Darma is?
Speaker 4: So Jeffrey Darmer is a serial killer from America. This is a show that's gained so much traction on Netflix. I made the mistake of clicking on Jeffrey Dahmer. I thought everyone's talking about this show, and there's a lot of discussion about whether or not it was good because it proved like nature verse nurture, or how leaving someone to fester and feel isolated can make them end up becoming a serial killer, or if it's just outright disrespectful to the victims. So often with these movies and TV shows, it's traumatic to witness these murders. I watched the first episode and I thought it was really interesting because I like the main actor. He's getting a lot of praise for his performance. But I got into the second episode oh about midway through, and in the first episode it's all about him getting caught. So basically, this guy was a serial killer in the eighties and nineties. He would lure men queen men back to his house and meet them in like gay bars, for example, and do really unsavory things to them. Obviously he's a murderer. I'm not going to get into the specifics because it's awful. But in the first episode of this show, which is a drama, it shows him getting caught, so he lose a man back, but doesn't get to kill him because the guy like fights back and finds his way out amazing. So I was happy to watch that because I like watching someone like fine justice. But then I kept watching and I got to the second episode and it was just so visceral and just upsetting. And I'm a big I love watching paranormal things. I don't mind horror movies like I can handle it, but it just I can't do true crime.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with you. I like you.
Speaker 2: When I was in high school, especially, I was big, I was just so fascinated by serial killers.
Speaker 3: I was like, what is this?
Speaker 2: Used to watch all these horror movies and stuff, And then one time I turned eighteen and went to a easter show like Spooky House of Horrors things, and the actors were just way too good and it was freaking me out and they were relentless. And then from that I was like, I'm but a regular girl. They could have really taken me out. I'm not playing with this anymore. And then you kind of just developed like an understanding of the world and you're like, whoa, this is super cooked stuff that we are like very easily normalizing, you know what I'm saying, Like and like it's so bizarre because, especially now in twenty twenty two on the Internet, people are extremely oversensitive about everything, right, but then true crime comes out and we're like.
Speaker 3: This is so fascinating. He's so hot. I want to get taken by him.
Speaker 2: Like you guys are you've lost it? You do realize, right, like all of it's deplorable, And you might say, oh, maybe people are watching it so they can be better prepared for this scenario. And like safety first, and all these amazing stories, you tell yourself you're all cooked.
Speaker 4: And I find that so condescending to the people that became victims, Like you can't you can't outthink someone who's crazy. And the answer isn't to be more safe for vigilant. Vigilance doesn't really do much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, okay, Well, first of all, you know, we can say on record we didn't watch Dharma.
Speaker 3: I watched one and a half episode.
Speaker 2: Yet I didn't watch Darma. You know, I did not put a check in Dama's pocket for me. Did in fact watch an episode, and I half enjoyed a bit of it.
Speaker 3: Big Darma, Big.
Speaker 2: But I want to talk more specifically about true crime and how statistically that is a genre that is overwhelmingly supported by women. Women are the backbone of the true crime genre, podcast, TV shows, documentaries. I talked about like, when I was in high school, I was really into true crime so much so, do you know it wasn't in true crime when I was in high school. It's really into personality tests, like we know, that's where it all started.
Speaker 3: I was sixteen. I was like, this is so fascinating.
Speaker 2: And when you try and google personality tests, I would try to find out the archetypes of the people. And TV shows I watched write like what is the personality type of Dean from Supernatural? They don't have that information, but what they did have is public figures and usually terrify, like terrifying public figures Hitler. You know, I don't know, I'm a malat or something. So then my interest in personality types coincided with my interest in serial killers, because that's where you got the bulk of the information. People were like cataloging someone's life and telling you when and where and how they became this person they became. Then you grow a brain and you're kind of like, yes, as a skill, I can separate the art from the reality. Or I can, you know, not personalize everything I consume. Then I'm like way too sensitive these days, Like I don't want to see someone get hacked up and know it was real. And I also don't like the conversation around it, because if we can create so much, what's what I'm looking for? If we can be if we can contextualize, like you know, like we're not supporting the serial killer when we watch Cerichiller movies, then where do we find this much grace for everybody else in the world who does a terrible things. It's like all morals out the door when you find a hot serialkiller you want to support, but like one random person says one like mildly cooked stuff or cooked thing, and like you want to deplatform that banished.
Speaker 3: I don't understand it. I don't like it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they've got to be connected somehow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's something there.
Speaker 4: I just couldn't I just couldn't imagine for some reason, Dama hit me different, really really really different. It's the point where I feel actually upset thinking about it. Just this one scene in the second episode he does something really awful to the man and maybe it's just really good acting, but I just couldn't help but think I gonna imagine being this kid's mum or that, you know, imagine it's weird. Maybe when you get older and you realize, like these things actually happen to people. Yeah, and it could be like it could very much be happening right now.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm it is. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I also feel like I'm sure I wouldn't be so uncomfortable with true crime if it wasn't so sensationalized. Like people don't just mildly watch af your true crime things. They're like deep in it. Oh, I watch I listen to case Well every day and this and this, and I go to bed to the sounds of people getting I'm like, do you hear yourself? That can't be right. And also are you so desensitized? Go watch an action movie?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 2: I like seeing chatting Tatum in a little in a little white singklou jumping out of a burning building. You know that that gets my adrenaline going.
Speaker 3: I don't need to hear.
Speaker 2: And also it's like I talk to my friends who really like true crime, and what they appreciate about it is, you know, I think it's like the historical element of getting access to something that's happened in history in a very conversational and inviting way. It's interesting. It's not exclusionary. It's inviting you into a space that you wouldn't be in normally. I totally understand that, but I'm like, it's also the problem because, like you know, there are YouTubers who do like makeup and murder, and they'll tell you about someone who's been after pieces while they show you how to conto on. I'm like, I've sometimes these two things just shouldn't mesh in the way we're trying to make a mess. And when does it stop?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know. I just can't too sensitive these days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but paranormal will give me a ghost, like cutting them up to pieces obsessed, you get vampires, zombies.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: The world is just too scary. I don't like it here that much. I'm not going to go anywhere, like I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But people are scared, Like, are you not.
Speaker 2: Afraid of the world. I'm so scared of the world. I'm scared of people. I'm scared of like the possibilities. I still walk around. I felt so invincible. I was like, I can walk around at night, I can travel alone like that would.
Speaker 3: Never happen to me. I'm the exception.
Speaker 2: No, babes, you just like all these other people. So they were too smart, too cool, too pretty, too gifted, too blessed, to looked after, to be hurt. No, literally, everybody has a story of experiencing something harrowing.
Speaker 3: No, please enough, I hate it. Well yep.
Speaker 4: So if you are listening for a recommendation, American horror stories, get Hicks that way, hun very entertaining, well done, and no real people were hurt vikings.
Speaker 2: What about war, war and pillaging? You know, gets a history in you that way? Oh dear, this is flex and frooms well flexee. I went to Ibtha recently. It's a big show love and I saw David Getter.
Speaker 3: Before we even get to that. Can you please paint a picture this?
Speaker 2: I know you don't read fiction because you go straight to the point, and I know, like what was the temperature?
Speaker 3: Like what was the vibe of people wearing? How are you feeling? I would love to.
Speaker 4: This was the last day in ibetha spirits a fragile Okay. We had four tickets, so me, myself and three friends.
Speaker 3: You yourself, three friends that massive is wow, how much of tickets?
Speaker 4: Roughly one hundred and twenty os each each, So anyway, pre booked. I was kind of like leading the charge with the d GAT and it gets to the day half attendance rate, two of them have pulled out. Why one severely hungover from the night before, which.
Speaker 2: Shane knew what the what the score was, be serious precisely a little hydro light, little gator Raye called a day please.
Speaker 4: The other one was very ill, physically ill.
Speaker 3: What kind of illness?
Speaker 4: I don't want to share too much. I'm pretty sure he listens to the podcast. Okay, but he was depleted.
Speaker 3: And you could see that, and you're comfortable with him opting out? Oh yeah, you know he was. He wasn't leaving the air bingb kind of thing. Okay, great.
Speaker 4: So as me and my friend Rachel from high school, we came to be friends over David Ghetto kind of really all the house parties together. So it was a real passage passage of time experience. So we we get the taxi from our accommodation to the festival. It's roughly twenty minutes, probably half I was gonna say half an hour, thirty dollars might get to the venue straight UPU I and no, it's gonna be Banshe's central because it's like the clubs in Ibtha if you've not been affing, enormous.
Speaker 3: But these are massive, but bigger than Ivy in Sydney. Oh ten times this big? What Okay? Maybe not?
Speaker 1: Maybe different?
Speaker 2: So is it split up into like different rooms and different genres or just like massive open space.
Speaker 4: Well, the one that I went to was kind of low key, but the one my friends went to without me was all different rooms. There was a party in the bathroom. Oh I love that DJA in the bathroom, and it's mixed like anyone can go to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: There's no gender divides.
Speaker 4: The one that I went to, the bathrooms had swans with wings that you would turn.
Speaker 3: The taps on with. It's very cool.
Speaker 4: But David Ghettar get there. It's a full festival experience, massive stage. It's like you're at Maybe it was intended to be.
Speaker 3: His show or he was just like doing a little set at a club.
Speaker 4: So this one wasn't a club. It was like an outdoor area in a resort. Okay, it's got a pool in the middle and kind of like apartments on either side. It's called a UI shot or something, and they have people every night playing. But he has a Monday residency.
Speaker 3: It's called f Me.
Speaker 4: I'm famous every Monday. It was a closing show. Oo packs Energy's up Pack pack Packs.
Speaker 3: I get there.
Speaker 4: Mixed crowd, like a lot of kind of forty fifty year olds, which makes sense. David Gettar, you know, he's been around since two thousand and two. I got to get a drink. I already knew that the drinks in IBFA are exorbitant, fuly priced. Guess how much it costs for two vodka Red Bulls aud thirty five bucks, seventy two dollars, oh, seventy two.
Speaker 3: I hadn't even touched the sides. And you're in debt.
Speaker 4: Seventy two Australian dollars for two vodka Red Bulls.
Speaker 3: Not even a double shot? Wow, one shot? So that was the first nling drink you got. Surely, no, you know what.
Speaker 4: I got two drinks because this is David getting you know, I'm going to push push the boat out and we just kind of went side a stage. I wanted to go in and my friend's a bit of a hooligan, so I thought she was going to be with me, but she's like, no, let's stay on the side.
Speaker 3: And when she pulls back, you know it's serious.
Speaker 4: So we just hung around kind of like on the side, made some friends with a group of Italians. Nice everyone. The vibe was electric. To be fair, I was jumping up and down the entire time like I was a rabbit be peril.
Speaker 2: I was offline at this time, but my best friend told me about the experience.
Speaker 3: Did you see for me? And I didn't see it, so you have to show me videos.
Speaker 4: I was having the best time ever, literally painted grin on my face. However, Oh it had its downside. No, I came away with a serious flu, origins of which I'm on shore. But it was bad, and so I spend the rest of my troop bedbound.
Speaker 3: Which was how many days? Three days?
Speaker 4: That sucks, but with my auntie, so she's taking care of me anyway.
Speaker 2: Man, flu, that was so cute. I can't believe he ended up going who's great, that's hot and sexy?
Speaker 1: This is flex and frooms on Cata.
Speaker 2: I have said what some would say is some controversial stuff over the course of my life, but also this radio show, and to be honest, I stand by it because I think that somebody needs to start the conversation, and if that must be me, then so be it. I think that we should bring back lying. I don't want to leave it at that. Somebody has a message us to with a bit of a moral dilemma, and I think we should answernestly because you don't do it often.
Speaker 3: But we should try it on for size.
Speaker 2: They say, should I lie to my current employer to get accepted at a much better job and more fitting job?
Speaker 3: Off the back?
Speaker 2: I say yeah, you say, okay, listen, they say, here's the situation. I have an opportunity at getting an amazing job that is creative and perfect for my artistic abilities in a trade skill i've been learning on my own for ten plus years. Decent pay and working from home, just all around a great opportunity after making not great money for a while. My issue is I need to make a sample and turn it into my future employer by Wednesday. Due to lots of unforeseen and out of my control issues, I won't be able to start the sample until tomorrow. I work two jobs tomorrow, which means i'll have a limited time to completely said sample. My partner says, I need to be rootless and do what I can to secure this all round better job, even if it means lying to get out of one of my jobs tomorrow to buy myself more time to complete the sample. I hate lying, but be devastated if I lose out on this job.
Speaker 3: Looking for advice on what to do. So summary this. A person has a job, or they have two jobs.
Speaker 2: They want to leave those jobs to go work at another job that's amazing, dream job. However, they've made big commitments in the current job, and in order to do what is required to get the new job, they need to flake on those commitments, which is not great.
Speaker 3: What would you suggest they do? This is your friend coming to you.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you got a flake. Get out of the girl. If you think you're going to get the job, you gotta go ham See.
Speaker 2: That's the other thing, though, Like you've got to be so sure that, like you're wrapping it up, you're gonna turn in that sample.
Speaker 3: They're gonna love it getting the job. What's the sample? Is it like a woodwork I'm assuming carpenter. Did I make that up? I think I think that's sort of mean.
Speaker 4: I think I heard that let's just get someone from Kmart Plywood number.
Speaker 3: I think it's totally worth it.
Speaker 2: I've been thinking a lot about this idea of obligations from like decisions that you've made in like a prior state. Now you've lived with them, you're like, okay, take it back? What like what everything? Let's say you agree to hang it with a friend you know in two weeks time. Two weeks time come, the vibe isn't there anymore. I should get a like a get out of jail free card. Let's make it a big deal. I wanted to at the time. The vibe has changed. Let me act accordingly. Plenty of people do that, yeah, and I think, but I think they also get a bad rap. I personally would hate for anybody to commit to me begrudgingly. Like if I asked you to hang out in two weeks time, two weeks time comes, you're feeling off it, you don't know where you're living at the moment you come back from a trip, I prefer you to say, oh, not in the mood, then like come and be like, oh I'm really tired, and like, oh, I've got so much on like I wish I just let a laugh.
Speaker 3: I'm going to be a drainer. Yeah, literally, leave stay at home. Just stay at home. I get it.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think there's something to be said in not canceling things and just showing up. Yeah, because it's easy to cancel. Remember when like, oh, cancel plans some personality training. Yeah, I feel like that was a big one that stopped over COVID, probably because we don't have.
Speaker 3: To because we got desperate.
Speaker 2: Not only desperate though, but I feel like when we when the world started opening up again and stuff started happening, but then you weren't invited, You're like, oh, I gotta put gotta put some effort back into these friendship Okay.
Speaker 3: Am I I'm back. We're back on the guest list. Please.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: I am currently experiencing almost abilitating hunger pangs, which I don't know why that's happening because I did have half an avocado toast and fed a sandwich and two Hash browns. I mean it was like one in a bit because I was far too early, But that should be tiding me over. It's going to be a couple of hours and I think I might pass out.
Speaker 4: Well after eat every three hours minimum. So I don't know how you're coping.
Speaker 3: I just go into the reserves.
Speaker 1: Oh no, not for me.
Speaker 4: I want to tell you a story that I heard when I was overseas. Oh my mother, Oh my god. So I kind of there's no way to not launch into this story.
Speaker 3: Launch.
Speaker 4: I told a friend of mine that I was going to Abitha and she said, oh my god, I've heard the craziest story about Ibitha. And she said that she knew a person that was in Ibifa and was going to a house party.
Speaker 3: Before the house party.
Speaker 4: A bunch of their friends had pres and something was taken that altered his mind.
Speaker 3: Oh, I like the way you phrase that.
Speaker 4: Then he decides to let everyone drives to the party. I'm assuming it was in like a jeep wrangler, soft top, soft top, okay, the tops down in the in the jeep Wrangler, and he is put his arm out the window. No going, you know, one hundred miles an hour or whatever. The arm is severed. No, they hit past the tree, arm comes off. This man is not in a typical reality frame of mind.
Speaker 3: He's in the vortex. So much so that neither.
Speaker 4: He nor anyone else in the car realized. He arrives at the party literally without an arm, walks in. Everybody's freaking out, obviously.
Speaker 3: Literally you're like, what is this? What is this?
Speaker 4: This is a bit stally lost his arm. They had to you know, beathe is quite small, but they're on the other side of the island. Had to get a car and go and find the arm. The woods, no, and they tried to stitch at that.
Speaker 2: You just let it go, that's gonna find the arm, and they stitch it back.
Speaker 3: I don't think they could at that point. Imagine just being so out of it, like it's giving extreme empty head, like what does that work?
Speaker 4: But it's true because then my you know, my friend who was telling me this story sounds whird, too crazy to be real.
Speaker 3: Did you google it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: She met up with people that she met, someone who worked in the hospital and my Betha she said, oh, someone told me this crazy story and she said, yes, that happened a few no folklora on the island.
Speaker 3: Everybody lives in the car.
Speaker 2: I know you all want your movie moment, your o C little Laguna beach moment.
Speaker 3: It's not free you, okay.
Speaker 2: Every now and then I put the windows down, get a little finger out to see what the air temper is doing. And I regret it every single time because what if that would be the last time I lost my fingers? And I don't know about you, but my fingers are very nice. I'm a quick, look like slender, beautiful, great noil bits. I can't live my life without these. And imagine the embarrassment I would feel when I tell the story of how I lost my fingers doing an avoidable I hate this guy, though I understand.
Speaker 3: That's pretty sad.
Speaker 2: It's my story, shaking in my boots. Though I hate that I can identify the feeling of anxiety in my body because I'm making feel anxious and.
Speaker 3: I feel that way at all. I hate that, but I like that f and.
Speaker 4: Fods, we are your principles vice principal and deputy principle, and which is the higher ranking vice and.
Speaker 3: Deputy the same?
Speaker 4: I wasn't giving a principle just because I don't believe that one.
Speaker 3: Of us should be able better than the other. That's what you and I differ.
Speaker 2: If we weren't vice and deputy principle. I think I want to be school counselor or pee teacher.
Speaker 4: Definitely pee teacher for you, I'm drama. Drama literally, mister g.
Speaker 1: Is the energy that's the hectic.
Speaker 3: I actually was thinking the other day about doing teaching. Yeah, there's still time while you're doing that.
Speaker 2: I think I want to do my apprenticeship in carpentry.
Speaker 3: Why would you laugh? I think it would be so good.
Speaker 2: I can't build up literally being high for about trades. I think they're the background of the society. I feel like this can't exist without them.
Speaker 3: We're going to data trade. Shout out to trades. We want a data plumber. I just want people to respect them, put a strict on their name, but loudly and proudly.
Speaker 2: You know, would you believe me if I told you that in California at one point in time over the last decade, it took more than double the time to become a licensed cosmatologist then it did to become a cop.
Speaker 3: Oh, what's a cosmetologist?
Speaker 2: You know, like you do beauty routines like waxing nails, hair, that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Wow, do you know what? Not surprised? Really? I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I feel like the I feel like for something like being a police person. We hold them in such high esteem or they thought of as like I almost don't think of police people as real people. I think of authority figures is not people.
Speaker 3: Then you assume that do you want to.
Speaker 4: Not in an acab way necessarily, do you want to just that like yourself slowly? Well in like I don't even because you are in a job that involves the law and stuff that all governs us, and you have some sort of power. I then think like, oh, it must be so hard to become a policeman. But then if you actually look at what the training they do, you're like, oh, it's actually not that hard.
Speaker 2: I did see some training on my TikTok the other day. It was like beat tests. All this is the physical, not the whole bit the beat. But I saw some beat tests. I saw some push ups, twenty five push ups. That was part of the criteria.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, on on toes, on toes. Yeah, even for women. I didn't see any women in the video.
Speaker 4: Can I why don't have to be fit? What happened to Chief William? I want to be eating donuts?
Speaker 2: The Simpsons the documentary, So yeah, that was in California. That first that I gave you sixteen hundred hours to become a licensed cosmetologist and six hundred and sixty four hours to become a police officer. And in North Carolina, it takes almost, yeah, about fifteen thousand hours to become a licensed barber, and the state's minimum police training requirement is six hundred and twenty hours.
Speaker 4: It's because everybody's hot in California, so they've got to like make sure they're not gonna fudge up anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Nice, You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, tune in Decater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.