Speaker 1: Calling you around Australia and TI Heart Radio Prete Hockley and Laura Bird.
Speaker 2: You mum say tell your dog to your friends and shared a love because we are.
Speaker 3: The last on cut radio show studs.
Speaker 4: Right around Australia. Laura Ben, there's that laugh in real time, Brittany.
Speaker 2: Am I allowed to laugh at my own laugh because I shook every single time of hear and I'm not sure when I'm going to get used to it.
Speaker 3: It's a laugh inception. Also, it's the best part of the whole thing. That's what people come here for.
Speaker 2: I mean, do they that's questionable. I'm not sure. Let's try, let's try and produce some content that.
Speaker 3: We are coming for. Laugh Well. I mean, we've had a pretty big week. This week we had Rebel Wilson, she was on the last show she was on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Absolutely huge week. Rebel Wilson's episode went straight to the top of the chart, straight to number one. We're still sitting comfortably there. So it was a really great week for Life on Gut it was.
Speaker 3: And this week on the radio show, we've got a very special one for you bo Ryan. He's been kicked out of the but we're going to be talking to him about what it was like being on celebrity to get me out of here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there've been some questionable headlines about bo Ryan's who, but we also want to unpack. Now, Laura, you have seen something floating around. You want to talk about what you lie to your kids about.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I haven't seen something floating around. I have my own experience of me lying to my children.
Speaker 2: I want to know.
Speaker 3: I want to know if I'm causing some psychological damage here, or whether or not all your mum's out there are doing the same thing.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say it's highly likely you are. But I don't think you're alone.
Speaker 3: I don't think I'm alone.
Speaker 4: In the meantime, we're doing this. That TikTok trend has caught your attention.
Speaker 2: There is a TikTok trend going around. I don't know if anyone has seen it yet, but there is a pretty famous TikToker by the name of Julia Carlyle. Now, Julia Carlyle has started this trend where you list what has given you the ick in your relationship. Now, if you are sitting in the car right now and you are thinking to yourself, what is the ick. I'm going to tell you the ick is when one day out of nowhere, it hits you like a truck. You look at your lover, your partner, the person you're dating, and you were just like, I am so grossed out by you. I feel the ick. I feel disgusting. I cannot be in this relationship anymore. That is what the ick is like.
Speaker 3: You're instantly repulsed by their existence.
Speaker 2: Like you're vomit in your mouth and you have to reswallow it.
Speaker 3: Do you know I once got the ick. I was on a second date and I was sitting at the guy's house and then he pulled out of his bag a piece of floss and started flossing his teeth on the couch. And I feel like flossing your teeth kind of smells a bit as well, and that's a personal thing. You do it in your own privacy. And I remember sitting there watching him being like, well, this isn't gonna go anywhere now, is it.
Speaker 2: So was that early days dating or was that a relationship?
Speaker 3: Well, I would say it was a second date, but I ended up in his house, so it was kind of a second date to do with that. What you were you can use the word date very loosely in this. It was the second rendezvus.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're getting lucky.
Speaker 3: You're getting lucky with the floss. I got the ick.
Speaker 2: I want to tell you, I got the icks so badly ones. I was actually in a relationship. I know, that's funny in itself. That was a very long time ago. I was in a relationship and we'd probably been dating about six months, and we decided we didn't know each other that well. It was a long distance relationship from the dot, from the get go.
Speaker 3: How can you get the et for someone you'd barely ever see?
Speaker 2: Wait for it. I decided to go on a holiday by myself. I'm like, yep, booking. I'm very independent like that. He's like, you know what, why didn't I come to get Why don't we go together? I was like, okay, fine. We get on the plane, We're sitting next to each other, and we just started to like argue. Straight away. I thought we'd never spent this much time together. We had six weeks together. We'd get to Vegas. We're three days in to this whole holiday this planned, and I wake up one morning and I see him get in the shower and I look at him and then he didn't do anything. It was just it was just his being. He was just his presence. And I got the ick so badly.
Speaker 3: What you got the ick? Because he was alive. He didn't even do anything.
Speaker 2: It's like he was breathing too heavily. I don't know what it was like.
Speaker 3: It was just what was the way he was walking to the now, I think.
Speaker 2: It was a build up. We'd had the fire and we'd never been in each other's company that much. So do you know what I did? Three days in six week holiday? I just left and I never saw him again. Wow.
Speaker 3: Do some people actually come to our podcast for dating advice? That's the craziest part of this whole thing.
Speaker 4: We want to know your eggs? What it hit you like a ton of X.
Speaker 2: We had some people slide into the DMS with what gives them the egg? I'm going to read you a couple now because they're pretty funny.
Speaker 3: I mean, they're all pretty reasonable.
Speaker 2: I thing, I think they're questionable. I think there's people that are going to be alone for a long time if it just wasn't giving them the eck, says me, who his partner was breathing and I left. He would have a glass of milk as a drink.
Speaker 3: Matt does that all the time, and I agree, its weird. No, it's weird.
Speaker 2: No, I am against them. I'm on part with this. I hate milk. He wore a backpack everywhere we went. Now is a backpack? What's worse? A backpack or or a satul or a fanny pack or a.
Speaker 3: Leather satl do people call it fanny packs? Here? That butt like a bum bag. I think a bum bag is the worst bunless it's a fashion statement.
Speaker 2: It's never ever a This is probably my favorite. He sent me a video of him doing a pull up naked, so he sent an unsolicited fitness picture, well, a naked one unsolicited.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pull up, it's a lot.
Speaker 2: He needs to know.
Speaker 3: I think I'd be okay with that too. I have low standards if I Maddie j blocky. Maddie Jay is a military king naked pull up and he also fosses his teeth on the couch and arm. Here for it.
Speaker 4: We opened the phone thirteen one O sixty five? What's your weedy? What gave you the EXE?
Speaker 2: Me?
Speaker 4: You're on the air with the girls.
Speaker 5: Hello, Oh, Hi, guys. So my weird it's that I got. I was on one of those walking dates in Lockdown and we took one of our friend's dogs to a lake that was nearby, and it really liked playing fetch and running into the water and getting the tennis ball. I was throwing the tennis balls to this dog and my date goes, oh, yeap, yeah, let me throw the ball. He pegged the tennis bloor directly into the ground.
Speaker 6: And I don't think I've ever seen.
Speaker 5: Anything so uncoordinated in my life.
Speaker 2: There is nothing worse than a limp left arm and a limp throw you do.
Speaker 7: Look.
Speaker 5: I just couldn't help it laugh, But I was also just cringing the entire time, like, oh, your lord, please tell me you actually know how to throw. Second attept wasn't great. It made it to the water, But I think it's just tormented in my mind.
Speaker 3: Did you end up giving him a second date? Or was it completely off the cards based on his little pathetic throw.
Speaker 5: Look, he's actually my boyfriend now and I feel make punish him for it, But oh my gosh, can I make it suggestion the biggest dick?
Speaker 2: Yes, I think you need one of those bull throwers, you know that you can just put bend down to pick it up.
Speaker 5: So like I say, a Valentine's gift and probably get thrown out pretty specially thank you.
Speaker 4: We'll go to Chantel thirteen one. Hi Chantel, what's your eg?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 8: As an OG podcast listener, I'm so proud of the girls.
Speaker 2: Welcome, you can stay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're our favorite.
Speaker 2: Don't hang up.
Speaker 4: I love you.
Speaker 8: My ek would be I was having a carry Bradshaw moment and getting my you know, roll on sap in the bathroom, you know, your toothbrush, all of that, and then.
Speaker 6: I saw it. I opened up the coin and there was a very well worn electric toothbrush head and I just couldn't cope. I was looking at it, just looking at it.
Speaker 8: It was too much.
Speaker 3: Do you mean like when the bristles are all splayed to the side and there's like a bald patch in the middle.
Speaker 8: Yes, And I thought, that's going in your mouth.
Speaker 5: Like that's.
Speaker 2: In his offense. I am definitely pro electric toothbrush as opposed to like a manual handheld brush.
Speaker 3: Even not one that's being used until there's no bristles left. What are you polishing a boot?
Speaker 2: Nor hands.
Speaker 4: Exciting. Thank you chantel. Hello, Jam, I'm thirteen one six five. You're on the air with the girls. Hello.
Speaker 9: Okay, So a mutual friend. She introduced us with my Facebook. So we got talking on Messenger and we really vibed. It was great. I was, oh, he's really cool. So we drove an hour to my place to meet me. He turned up. He got out of his car and he was wearing me that heel cowboy boots and I mean, I just I've noticed straight away, and I would go inside and I've got wooden floorboards in this little house. And he's following me around. I'm showing him and it was like literally someone walking around on high heeled shoes.
Speaker 2: And Jam, I have a question. Are you located in Tamworth if you're in because if you're not in time, the only way that this is remotely okay is if you live in Tamworth and you're going to the Tamworth Country Music Festival. Otherwise it's a board mission. Immediately.
Speaker 3: I mean he did drive an hour an hour and a half and you say, maybe from the country, just see you.
Speaker 2: I meant you put your thongs on you you can change in the cab you've got time.
Speaker 3: There's nothing worse than thongs with jeans, though that's the real.
Speaker 2: Rather high heeled cowboy boots or thongs tell me that I think another cow.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 4: Now your Saturday Morning for the Dad Hockley and Laura Ben. Laura doesn't know this, but you've had some email troubles this week.
Speaker 2: Oh look, I always have email troubles. I always have email troubles. Usually it's typos when I'm in a rush, and I'm not proud of it. But this week something happened where I really really wasn't proud of it. I want to know if it happens to you guys too. Next week we have an episode. We interviewed a woman named beck Brown, and she was kind enough to bring us some homemade brownies. So I wanted to write her an email afterwards, just to say thank you.
Speaker 3: They were very good brownie.
Speaker 2: They were then brownie. Oh okay, the brownies were out of this world. So I get back on. She's a professional woman. I get back on and I'm typing to her and I want to say to her, I'm just trying to hype up the brownie. So I just want to say, what is this kind of sorcery, like this, brownie, what is this sorcery you're using? How did you create this?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Like which craft is a dream? I and I tried to spell the word sorcery five different times. I didn't know how to spell it. It was oh U s U s O R. I couldn't spell it, so I had to change my I just deleted the whole paragraph, changed the word imagine like thesaurus it. Yeah, I went with wizardry. I went with I'm like, what is this wizardry? But I want to know what is the word for you? Is there that one word that you because yacht's a big one.
Speaker 3: Considering how much champagne I drink, I'm always like, is it champagny? And I'm always like cycling wine love it.
Speaker 2: I say champagny in my head every time I spell the word. And I also say February. I have to like phonetically sounded out.
Speaker 3: I think were. I think like days and months can be a big one, like Wedner's Day. I'm always like Wedner's Day. I feel like a lot of people do this. Though.
Speaker 2: I used to date someone that couldn't spell remember, and he always used to drop one e and m and it was remember every time.
Speaker 4: Do you know why?
Speaker 3: Going back to what we talked about earlier in the ick mine is anytime an X of mine would go to say definitely, he would say defiant, Yeah, defiantly, and I was like, it's not defiant. But anyway, I'm not sure if it was just an accidental, you know, iPhone glitch, or whether he actually thought that that was the word.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously I could have just googled the word instead of rewriting my whole email, but at the time that felt what I need to do.
Speaker 3: I also don't think that you should take this as a learning exercise. If your phone can't auto predict what that word is, you should never use it again.
Speaker 2: Laura, can you spell sorcery for me right now?
Speaker 3: No, Mitch, can you spell sorcery turned into a spelling beer like s it's not a spelling bee.
Speaker 4: Use it in a sentence please. I have a hack though, if you use Siri, it'll spell it perfectly like dictaphone. Yep, did you say tap the Siri and say sorcery and will spell it for you.
Speaker 3: Your phones are just making us dumber, though, that's the real problem.
Speaker 2: A lot dumber than what we need to be. Look, it's not a spelling bee. I just wanted to make myself feel a little bit better, but you guys have definitely done that, so thank you.
Speaker 4: Welcome.
Speaker 10: Ask Nat.
Speaker 3: Ask Guncart is a segment that we do every week on our Thursday episode. It is where we answer you're deep, you're dark, and you're burning questions. And this week we have a question that has slid into the DMS from a lady named Lara.
Speaker 1: This guy and I have in really really good friends for about three years, but we've recently been hitting it off in a more romantic sense rather than just being friends. And I have to leave for UNI in a couple of weeks and we just haven't quite had the what are we discussion yet. It's not as simple as just going back to UNI, because I go to UNI Interstate. If I was in Sydney and I was here for UNI most of the time, I wouldn't even be questioning this, and I don't think he would be either. I see him about once or twice a week. I just don't know if I'm going to be able to do long distance or whether that's something he's even considering either. Because it's just something that neither of us clearly want to bring up. Any advice would be super helpful. Signing off love Lara.
Speaker 3: It's always so awkward when you've got to have that first conversation, the what are we conversation?
Speaker 2: Oh see, I don't think it is. I'm going to be on the other side of the fence on this one. I don't think this actually has to be an awkward conversation. I think if something's bothering you, Lara, which obviously is you're about to go away, you're about to I mean, you're going to have the best years of your life at UNI. These are going to really pave who you are.
Speaker 3: And this doesn't work out, it's not a big deal for it that way.
Speaker 2: I'm really big on just putting it out there, because whether you put it out there or whether you skirt around the bush, the answer is going to be the same. So do you want to get to that answer and decision sooner rather than later. I would just sit down and say, hey, I love spending time with you. We've obviously got something really good going on. We both know we're moving away. Where do you see this going? Do you want to try and make this work? Or do you think we just sort of do our own thing and come back and see where it goes at the end.
Speaker 4: Of the year.
Speaker 2: But I think all you can literally do is throw the question to him, because again, you either do it now, two weeks or a month, his answer is probably going to be the same.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I don't think that that diminishes it all. How nerve wracking it can be, Like I mean, if she doesn't know what the answer is going to be, if it could be a resounding no. Sometimes we put off asking these questions because we don't want to hear what the answer is, which is why we stay in situationships for so long, because we're so scared that the answer is going to be like, oh, actually, I'm just not that into you. But like Brit said, I think the sooner you ask it, the sooner you can either a have a boyfriend or be go on and live your best hot dam Uni life and that's what it's all about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, both are great endings.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 3: Fred Hockley and Laura Ben getting Saucy for your Saturday Morning.
Speaker 4: A Life on cut radio show Ladies. He is the host of the Amazing Race Australia was just eliminated from Home and Celebrity. Get Me out of Here by Ryan is here?
Speaker 2: Are you welcome to life on cut Radio show. It's a pleasure to have you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well done, congrats killing I'd say congrats to you too, but you just got kicked out of the jungle, out of the field about I don't know that kicked out, I mean more sort of fell on my sword. No, it was. It was actually good to get out of there, to be honest, yeah, it was good. It was great feeling.
Speaker 3: Did you think you were going to win at some point? Were you in there thinking it's going to be me at the finish line?
Speaker 7: Never?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 3: Never?
Speaker 7: To be completely honest, I think I got in there day one and I don't know. Everyone was good. Everything, everyone was good pretty much the whole show. But I think it was the afternoon of day one, so after our first night, and I remember Brooke mcclimates saying, all right, what are we going to what do we eat now? After we had our half a cup of rice and they said no, no, no, we have to win more food. And I was like, don't we just have like more rice and beans? Isn't it the show? And they're like, no, no, there's no more food. And I just remember Joey had just come in the night before and I just looked at him and I was like, so we have literally no more food. They're like, no, we have to win more food, and I'm like, I really should have watched the show before I come in out.
Speaker 2: That's how I felt about when I went on The Bachelor.
Speaker 7: At least it wasn't a Bachelor. That's one thing I got on my sleeve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what are you up to now since you've left the show.
Speaker 7: Well, I had a breakthrough a bit. I've had a hectic year. I've been away for quite a bit for Channel ten doing Shootout ten, an amazing race, and we go away again in four weeks. So I went up the coast with my family and got back yesterday actually, and we went up to Gold Coast and we come back and it was good. My house is looking like Jumanji. I'd been away for about four and a half weeks and it was good to get back two perhaps in the driveway, So it was a good feeling.
Speaker 3: At least you would have felt right at home getting back there with everything being on the go. Bat tell me a little bit. There was some drama that happened between you and Poe. How are you guys now? And what happened there? And was it really over food?
Speaker 7: Yeah? See, I get a really good with Poe. I mean probably out of everyone I speak to, probably Nathan Buckley and Poe, i'd say the most out of everyone. So I missed a couple of episodes in the middle when I was coming back, But I watched that episode and it was hard to watch, to be honest. I mean, most of the stuff that happened with me in the jungle I saw, spoke to people about it, and then Coe sent me a long message actually the night of an episode and said she wished she spoke to me about how she was feeling rather than go and talk to the talkie talkie. But that just see what it is like, you just it's so hard to explain unless you're in there. I mean, you you made sacrifices obviously to do you know, all the different jobs I've got, but taking away food from me, I've never been so challenged in my life. I can't explain the feeling I had, Like, I mean, one of the days when I sort of lost the plot was when I come back we've been on a trial our team and there was like a few there was a bit of rs and deans that to be left on lunch and then when we got back it was just gone. So they just sort of test you in every way to try and break you. They and they won Channel ten one.
Speaker 2: Nathan Buckley aka Bucks? Did he get paid as much as you say? And come on, we all want to know?
Speaker 7: That was funny. Before the show even started, we couldn't say we're in it, and there was articles saying that me and him had an argument, which is really hard because usually probably like you guys, there's a rumor or an allegation or something you can sort of run on radio or I'm lucky that I do TV and radio or even on your socials, you can sort of squash it or address it. But that was a hard one, I think before the show even started. Yeah, no, there was no talk about money. I mean money was the last thing on my mind, to be honest in there. Obviously my biggest issue was food. But yes, three hundred grand is is good money. I mean it's okay money, good money. I mean we didn't we didn't talk about money at all, but I'd be surprised if you got paid less than that, very surprised.
Speaker 3: I feel like three hundred grand's pretty okay if you just got to go a few weeks without some food.
Speaker 7: Yeah, three hundred grand is I think three hundred grand's good good money for three or four weeks in the jungle, tous a little bit of quarantine. It is good money. But I mean, Nathan Buckley has been on Monster money for the last fifteen years, so to him, I don't think three hundred grand is what it is to us.
Speaker 2: So, long story short, did Bucks get paid more than you?
Speaker 7: Well, we've got three hundred grand.
Speaker 2: No, oh, some tea there. I was about to say a bet when you were starving went around on the ground that you thought that.
Speaker 7: We didn't talk about it, But yeah you got three undred he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But there are so many headlines going around about you, and here are life on Cut. We do a segment where it's headlines or head lies. Can you tell us if it's a liar, if it's the truth?
Speaker 3: Why head lies?
Speaker 4: We're playing headlines where we bring you big stories, headlines that have been in the media about either the girls or our guest and ladies. We have something by Ryan this morning.
Speaker 7: I have to be honest. So you say your headline and I'm going to say it's true or if it's false.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and give us a little bit of the backstory. What happened to you? You know, there's been a lot of things that have been written about you recently. We want to get to the.
Speaker 4: Bottom of it.
Speaker 3: Here we go the shocking moment bo Ryan loses the plot and marches through a campfire on I'm a Celebrity because he fails to get a cookie, leaving his co stars watching in horror.
Speaker 7: Yeah that's true. Yeah, that's true. Yeah, I don't think it was marching. I sort of stood in it and it was like a slow mo walk, But that is true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a slow It was like the best march out anyone's ever seen.
Speaker 7: I sort of stepped on it and then like in my mind, committed to walking through it. And then as I got on it, I thought, what, like this is why am I doing this? So I just proceeded to go through it. But it was Yeah, that was hard to watch. I made my daughter go to bed so that one don't.
Speaker 3: I just explained, did everybody else get a cookie? And you were the only one left out.
Speaker 4: Is that what happened?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we were struggling with food, myself and Joey had six and we had to play a game where you couldn't laugh. And then I thought I didn't laugh, and then the producer said I did. And then what they did is they everyone had to come and eat their cookies in front of me, which I felt, you know what, I haven't told this story yet, but I felt all right at that. I'm like, okay, I can deal with that. And then Toddy tried to give me her a cookie and they said, no, you have to go and put it in the bin in front of Bow and I was like, man, I can't. That's not Yeah, that's not Elsie for me able to leave the situation and go and just hide under the dinner.
Speaker 3: I feel like a lot of mum's listening to this have had very relatable stories from daycare. Bo Ryan, I've got a new one, Bow Ryan. He uses his hand as toilet paper when he runs out.
Speaker 7: No, I haven't heard that one before. That's false. Everyone's paper here, we're loaded up, we're ready now, we.
Speaker 3: Know where it's all gone.
Speaker 7: During the Yeah, there's a toilet Another headline, Bow Ryan reveals he will never leave the Shire because quote, everybody knows me there.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 7: No, I won't leave the Shi. No. I think everyone knowing me at this point in time is not a good thing. Prior to the show it was probably okay, but I can't see myself leaving the Shire.
Speaker 3: Headline headline or headlight y headline.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, very good.
Speaker 3: I'm a celebrities bow. Ryan opens up about a parenting regret.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I do, Yes, I did. I did open up. I mean I that was when I actually saw that on one of the last depths recently, because I mean, you forget a lot of this stuff. Probably you know, you watch it back and you're like, I say that I really did. I really walk through the fly. But a lot of this stuff I just feels like I'm watching for the first time and I'm going through it for the first time. But I remember, Yeah, when I first retired from rugby league, my daughter was little and I retired and I was working so much that there was about a six month period there we spent a lot of time together and I just I wasn't present, and I just I felt like shit, I just felt I see so many photos with my daughter and out and about and doing stuff in my mind wasn't there And I just, yeah, I still kicked myself about that. To be honest. You know the good thing about your show, you can you can blame producers and editing. I can't blame anyone here because I try.
Speaker 2: Give it.
Speaker 7: I'm not that guy yet.
Speaker 3: Thank you for coming on and being a part of the show.
Speaker 7: Anytime. Good luck to it. I'll speak to you sooner.
Speaker 3: The Life Radio Show.
Speaker 2: With Brit Hockeley and Laura Burns.
Speaker 4: Laura, I feel like we're about to embark in some therapy with you.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I do need.
Speaker 3: I mean, for many reasons. I need a bit of therapy if this one isn't it though, I have committed the card sin when it comes to parenting. That is, you shouldn't bribe your children, and you also shouldn't lie to your children.
Speaker 2: I thought the cardinal sin was like, you're leave them at a supermarket or something.
Speaker 3: Two of them's a little bit extremely really took it fas no, Okay, you always get told they don't lie to your kids. But there comes a point, I think for most parents where you realize, actually it's the only way to get stuff done. So I was at the zoo with Marley Mulley's two and a half and we were at the zoo the other day.
Speaker 2: And ak in your landroom.
Speaker 3: No to wronga zoo at the actual zoo, and she loves it, like it's so beautiful taking the kids out for a day. It's so like the challenger getting them out of the house. But once they're there, they love it. Trying to get them home, on the other hand, is a whole other story. So we're walking towards where the toy shop is and everything, and she wants everything, and I was like, Mally, we have to go because at four pm they let the lions out. She was like, and I was like, at four pm the lions. Yeah, we've got to go before the lions are let out of the cages. She goes, okay, okay, And so she gets the stuff and we're running towards the g and Marley then says to the woman who sells the tickets, we have to go.
Speaker 2: The lieven end have called the police. So like there's a road line running around the zoo.
Speaker 3: And it occurred to me just how naturally the lie just fell out of my mouth, and I think we all do it right.
Speaker 2: Then I was like, fire out, what are my parents lied to me about? I can't think of anything, and there's four of us kids. There were a lot of lies floating around. I know, but I just remembered when you're telling the tiger story, when we were in the pool and it was really hard to get us out of the pool. This is at my Auntie's house. My parents used to say that at a time of day, five o'clock or whenever it was. In ten minutes, they pretended that they got like a text saying it was happening that the gates at either into the pool that came up and the sharks came out.
Speaker 3: The sharks they're coming, the lions are coming.
Speaker 2: Do you know how long it took me? I was atsd I'm still a grown at all. And sometimes I get in and I look at it into the pool to make sure there's like no gates so where the sharks come out?
Speaker 3: You know another good pool one is And this has stayed with me into adulthood. If you pee the pool, the pool water will turn purpurple.
Speaker 2: So I never peen.
Speaker 3: I mean, I wouldn't do it anyway, but I still think about it. Every time I'm in a pool and I need to pee, I'm like, oh God, maybe this I'll go purple.
Speaker 2: Look, I wanted my sister Sherry to jump on this because there's got to be more lives going around. So I've got her on the line. So we're just trying to remember what did mom and dad lie to us about when we were kids, because I feel like there were so many lives flying around.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, so many things.
Speaker 2: She's like, where do I begin?
Speaker 11: Do you remember every time the ice cream the Mister Whippy van would come through the neighborhood. I feel like a lot of parents do this one They would say that the music meant that there was no ice cream less.
Speaker 6: In the bed.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they're sold out textbook parenting.
Speaker 11: I like to say, you know, we were just thinking that it was that it was run out every single time.
Speaker 9: We were such an unlucky family, do you know?
Speaker 2: I thought? Also, remember, they used to say to you all the time, Sherry gets really bad hay fever, and she used to her nose was always running. She used to wipe her nose up her face instead of like blowing it. And they used to say. Mom used to say to her that if you keep doing that, your nose will be stuck upright like a peace on your face.
Speaker 11: That I would get like a ski ramp on the end of my nose.
Speaker 2: Like me, some people pay money for that.
Speaker 3: Though these days could have worked out. Look, I also had some excellent ones that slid into the DMS, and I wanted to share a couple of with you because I thought that I was a bad person for lying to my kids, and then I realized there's people who were doing much worse than me. Okay, here's one. The animals on the side of the road were just taking a nap because the road is warm.
Speaker 4: Oh cute, believable.
Speaker 2: Too cozy, but that sleeps there for like a week straight.
Speaker 3: Or but also what if you're in the snow you're heading out, you know it's not that warm.
Speaker 2: Taking it?
Speaker 3: They got very cold, had to have a sleep. Okay. I would tell my kids that if they didn't behave on a road trip, they wouldn't be getting a happy meal. They would be getting a sad meal with a piece.
Speaker 4: Of rock in it.
Speaker 2: Would they actually care, Like, I don't care what kind of meal it is.
Speaker 3: Just keep me give me the few meals come with toys, whereas if they get a sad meal, it's like getting cold at Christmas.
Speaker 2: I'd still go for the cheeseburger, Okay.
Speaker 3: My mum used to tell me that if I swallowed gum, my poo would come out and then it would bounce up and out in the toilet bowl and it would get stuck to my bottom.
Speaker 4: All right, That don't make me want to say.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'd probably be that child, be like, just give it a whirl, see what happened.
Speaker 3: Do you know what? Through I heard another one where someone said, if you swallow your chewing gum, your bottom hole is going to get stuck together and then you'll never be able to go to the toilet.
Speaker 4: Give us a call. Thirteen one six. What did your parents lie to you about? Brook? You're on with the girls?
Speaker 7: Good morning, high ladies.
Speaker 10: I tell my children that there is a camera in every room. I always believe it, and so they think that I have an app on my phone. Tell them that I can use the app to go back and see what they've got up to.
Speaker 2: So well, the crazy thing is Brook. That's a thing these days. Like we were just having a laugh that back in the day, I said my parents never said that there were never cameras in my house. But now there are cameras for the dogs, there's cameras for the kids, there's there's cameras you can put in a pen, like you can stalk someone.
Speaker 10: If I actually don't have a camera bricke, but they believe me that I do.
Speaker 3: So I like that you took this lie as far as you could, and you were like, not only do I have a camera, but I have it linked to an ass. You really went strong with the line. I think that's what you're going to do, go hard or go home to commit to the line.
Speaker 4: I agree Stephan's on thirteen one or six five, Stephie, what did your parents lie to you about?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 12: Well, it's actually what I lied to my daughter about.
Speaker 5: I told her she.
Speaker 12: Came home quite disguised with a bit of a deodorant kind of smell, and I could smell like some sort of a faint cigarette smell, and I'm like, oh, have you been smoking? And she said no, of course not. I'm like, oh, well that's good because the dentists will be able to tell when we go there on Friday anyway.
Speaker 3: So oh, but you know, you have to get the dentists on side with this as well. You've got to tell him, tell her she wants.
Speaker 2: A daughter to confess now before the dentist.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was the point.
Speaker 2: It's like the dentists. So did she confess?
Speaker 12: No, No she didn't, but she freaked out a little bit. I don't think that she had been. I think she'd been around people who had been, but I think yeah, that's scared her for a while. I mean, she probably smoked now every day I don't.
Speaker 3: Even know our kids are doing.
Speaker 2: She's either she's either smoking or not telling you, or she's kissing boys that have been smoking. So I don't know which one you prefer.
Speaker 12: I'm sure could come of everything at the moment.
Speaker 2: Good luck with that one.
Speaker 4: Thank you, step Flaty. That's us done for the day, for the morning.
Speaker 3: We're out a stay forever.
Speaker 2: I could stay here forever too. We'll be back next week.
Speaker 3: I mean, yes, surprisingly they're still letting us in the offices. We're going to come back for another week on. But we love doing the show. And also if you want to hear more from us, you guys know that we have the podcast, It's Life Uncut podcast. We have an awesome episode coming out this week with Beck Brown. So, anybody who is interested in maybe changing their jobs at New Year still in January, changing their job getting a pay rise just important one.
Speaker 2: Everyone wants a pay rise.
Speaker 3: How do you go to your boss and ask for a promotion or a pay rise? That's what we're getting to the bottom of. And you know the drill.
Speaker 2: Tell your mom, dad, to Doug Tay friends and share.
Speaker 3: The love because we love it.
Speaker 4: You're sitting the life on Cut Radio with Brett Hockley and Laura Ben. Hear it in the catch up podcast on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 12: Yeah,