Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast, Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for downloading show number fifty one, and just a.
Speaker 3: Quick note to say this Friday, Well you say I say this Friday, but I don't know when you listen to the show. But Christian's Court anyway, if you've got a case for Christian's Court, as can be a case that you'd like an independent ruling over against you and a friend, you and a workmate, you and your other half, let me know. We're looking for a new cases that Jack and I can preside over in Christian's Court.
Speaker 2: Email me anything Christian at Gold one O four three dot com dot au. On with the pod. Thank you for downloading.
Speaker 4: I hope you.
Speaker 5: Will live from level two twenty one to thirty one Wood Street, Wretchman, This is the Christian o'condinal Breakfast Show on Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So are we are our two hundred good Morning Show number fifty one.
Speaker 3: We're into a whole new area now showing them a fifty one Good Morning is three minutes past six Wednesday morning God won a four point three So yesterday evening watched two stories see how Hamish Nandy getting on.
Speaker 4: That's a very good episode.
Speaker 3: But if you saw episode three having a revolving restaurant and then details start coming in about Andy Lee is in hospital with the old bum grapes medical term Latin terminology there for you rectus grapes fruitus.
Speaker 4: He had to go in yesterday. It's a routine procedure.
Speaker 3: But I think they send in like obviously a man of Andy stature.
Speaker 2: It's not like the rest of us. You know, what about medicare he actually has. I didn't wontize this. You know, he's got his own.
Speaker 3: Hospital, so you never see Hamish Nandy in a hospital bed next to you.
Speaker 2: They have their own wing. All the tough bum doctors in the world.
Speaker 3: They mended his bum grapes ou ending the team with three people up there and they're working through the night, you know, like they have like a lane closure and they work through the night, so it's all open in the morning.
Speaker 4: That kind of free ways of speak.
Speaker 2: Elon Musk made a little submarine. So yeah, poor Andy, how to go and have that dealt with yesterday? Have you? It's hemorrhois we're talking about. It'd be so is a hemorrhoids. How do you get a hemorrhoid? I don't have to be honest, right, I'm not sure that I know that.
Speaker 3: Ladies are very familiar about this because sometimes when you go through pregnancy, as if it's not enough, you're actually growing a human being in you that sometimes you suffer from hemorrhoids.
Speaker 4: Do you know what they are?
Speaker 6: It's from straining. It's veins in your bottom, and if you strain or if you're constipated, it's like an enlarged vein.
Speaker 2: I think essentially, what do they do?
Speaker 4: What's the procedure?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm not quite sure. I've had family members. You can lance them, I.
Speaker 2: Know, and have them cut out, like spike them. It's nasty business. I don't think you can just spike them in the garden.
Speaker 3: They tie, They tie, darling, Listen, if I put my legs on your shoulders, can you just.
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: I think they land and like they tie something around them.
Speaker 2: To imagine a lance like what Knights used to have when they wrote.
Speaker 4: A no, like a six ft kind of thing like that.
Speaker 6: No no, no.
Speaker 2: But micro lasers or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, probably they've got all sorts of things. I guess it depends what where they are, and like in what area of said area?
Speaker 2: Are they only in the bum? Or can you get hemorrhon? Where is she going to get? I could a vain grow on your ankle? I don't know.
Speaker 3: That could save an embarrassing conversation with your doctors are as low down as my ankle. Get him in now the screens.
Speaker 2: Get the Chelsea stick. We're gonna need several All right, give us you all this morning then, not if you can tell us any more about your bum grapes, but if you've gone embarrassing ailments, that's what we want to talk about this morning.
Speaker 3: Nine four one four one oh four three. It's the moment you've been waiting for that someone on a breakfast show wants to hear all about your embarrassing ailment nine four three.
Speaker 2: After this from Europe, I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: About one I accidentally found out about about my dad and once it's one of those things you wish in life there was none. Do button just a couple of minutes and I'm it's all okay, But now I can't I know this about my own dad.
Speaker 4: It's beyond embarrassing.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Yesterday on the show was Andy Lee talking about true stories back on last night, eight forty third episode of the second series. And it turns out later on the afternoon, I had to go into his own private hospital.
Speaker 2: The ass. I think it's the Andy Lee Institute, and to have a Yeah, it's a routine procedure that happens to adults.
Speaker 3: We're all grown up on the show, You're grown up. We could talk about these things. Hemorrhoids, very very uncomfortable people. I'm not entirely sure what they are or what they do.
Speaker 2: It's one of those what they do is funny a team of miners that they shrink and then put up your backside.
Speaker 3: I believe that's what they do. So anyway, he had that going on yesterday, been Andy being the gun he is. He's still doing phone as if he's on Kennedy Mannoy yesterday, lying from his bed while someone's got a bum hammer pushing.
Speaker 4: Them back in. I think that's this guy's a pro.
Speaker 3: But listen, ER's not want to talk about embarrassing elments because sometimes we all have things that go wrong with the wonder that is the human body, and sometimes they can be seen. It's been a little bit embarrassing. But anyway, I'm going to share this story with you. It did not happen to me.
Speaker 2: It happened to a friend of mine. Okay, did you when you motion towards no motions? Friend of mine, he was.
Speaker 3: Going back to see his dad, and his dad texts that sound running a bit late.
Speaker 2: But there's a spare key under the mat. Let yourself in.
Speaker 3: This friend of mine lets himself in, puts the ketl on, makes a cup of tea, and it's you know, you can't help but have a little look around, just to see what's going on. And sometimes when you go back to your mom and dad's place, it's like a little kind of museum to them, isn't it. There's an indentation on the couch where they always sit in their set places. Then this friend of mine, his eye can't see some opened mail and one of the pieces of papers. Straight away he sees a compliment slip from the local hospital. He shouldn't have read anymore because that compliment slip, that letter, that information and the documents attached and the images attached were not for his eyes.
Speaker 4: But he something draws them to it. It's like the sun.
Speaker 3: He shouldn't look at it, but he starts to get drawn in, like a tractor being on the compliment slip from the local hospital physiotherapy department, says mister so and so, I hope these suggested positions help. He then goes on, are these images crude cave cave pictures really of two people.
Speaker 2: Doing it? What? Wait? Wait?
Speaker 4: What they were?
Speaker 2: Why would the doctors send you the kalmadiotherapy?
Speaker 3: They were like warm up exercises before going about your business, your business, and they were suggested positions as well. They might with someone with a bad back that might find it easier.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so your dad had a bad back. No, no, it's I know this friend of mine.
Speaker 4: I'm not in this story. I'm merely the storyteller. Happened to me.
Speaker 2: The way you told the story in the first hand account seems so real.
Speaker 3: I thought, well, that's a great storyteller can do that that, you know, but they bring a story to life.
Speaker 2: But this did not happen to me. If there's any confusion, I'm having to clear it up now. Is that coupled with the only two minutes ago you said I'll tell you something about my dad. No no, no, no, Sometimes I get confused, you know, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: This happened to a friend of mine and he can't undersee that stuff. And then when his dad suddenly arrives, you know, twenty minutes later he said his dad is the girlfriend he's now gone. Is that he has to make his excuses and sound you know what, I've got to head off now.
Speaker 4: You can't see that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, of the various imagine that warm up exercises as well.
Speaker 4: You waked down and over there in a minute. I've just got a hundred of these to do.
Speaker 2: It's good time for there. I just got to do it five minutes on the cross trainer and I'm going to sort you out. I've got to build up to it.
Speaker 3: He's going to do some warm enough exercise that they do, you know in the footy like sometimes you seen the solar pitch on the bike, don't you get?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably warming down afterwards as she sees this up. So you anyway, this morning, I said that story just so if you want to share your embarrassing elments.
Speaker 2: On nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So we've opened the lines this morning. Do you want to talk about your embarrassing elments? Andy Lee has opened this up for us along with his backside, poor guy, poor guy.
Speaker 2: Yesterday. He's been talking about this, by the way, he has shared this yesterday on the radio. He's doing his interviews. Although I don't know what happened because he's got he's got hemorrhoids, and he was on Kennedy molloy yesterday talking about this live from his hospital bed, but he never mentioned it to us. Well, he was do you think it was a hospital yesterday?
Speaker 8: So he was.
Speaker 2: He said he wasn't feeling well. Actually when he came in, he came in with him.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also now when you look back, do you remember we wouldn't see he had a rubber ring. He came in with a rubber ring. Now the signs were all there. Why do we say, Andy, what's up with your backside? Buddy? You know, I feel so bad?
Speaker 4: We never we never said anything to him.
Speaker 2: Emmanuel Coomering, good morning, Good morning, Annuel.
Speaker 4: So you've had an embarrassing alment. What happened.
Speaker 9: When I first met my future wife. We were sort of dating and I went to I had this boil. It was like a small boy on the top of my bum crack and yeah, so I went to the doctors get it looked at. He sort of sliced gaming a couple of tablets, you know, did he did a procedure there? Nothing was coming out anyway. On our first second date, we're actually going down towards killed around me.
Speaker 2: If that's a yeah euphemism, he's a lucky man. I was trying to take my wife down. Hasn't killed her, but she wouldn't have any of it.
Speaker 4: She said, buy a drink.
Speaker 9: First, we're going up for dinner and stuff. And she had a brand new car. And he actually decided to explode in her letter.
Speaker 2: See yeah, but she's still married.
Speaker 1: You did.
Speaker 9: People made me a sort of a benuver in public while she was in a car trying to wipe all the paths.
Speaker 3: And that's when you know you've met the right guy. Missed him right there. You know, you've got to got to keep her and a bleeder as well from his backside.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show one's gold one or four point three.
Speaker 3: So our new Early Morning Game where you've got to guess the song title is call this.
Speaker 2: It's six thirty am and time to play the early morning game.
Speaker 10: It sounds like a song to me, Christian, do.
Speaker 2: You know what small thing?
Speaker 3: I can't believe it's the first time I've ever played it, and actually it is six thirty. I think yesterday we played it was like six forty nine or ten to two. That would be the only time I ever hit it bang on time yesterday. I just presume this one would roll for weeks. You'd have no idea even But what money I had in my pocket was about five bucks, and the one of you fleeced me from that.
Speaker 2: This I still come believe that went rock lobster. I still have a problem with part two of that sound clue, the clause, the clause. Yeah, I know it's snippy, snippy, you know, is it? I'd like to see photographic evidence of mark our audio.
Speaker 4: He went around and.
Speaker 3: Went down to a French restaurant and recorded all of that. Okay, anyway, we've got a brand new one. Listen to the clues again. Listen to this effects what is the song?
Speaker 2: Too easy? As he annoys me, text Homer, all right, give us a cool lines up and now what do you reckon? The song title is nine four one four.
Speaker 1: One four three The Christian Who Conwell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We are playing. It's six thirty am and time to play the early morning game.
Speaker 10: It sounds like a song to me Christian.
Speaker 3: Thank you, I play you short ter f you sound effects. You've got to guess the song title here is the some Mornings. I think we made it too easy. I think we've made it too easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my next My only last guess is message me cartoon Daddy? Is that?
Speaker 3: I wish that song existed? Someone please make it. Andrew, good morning, Good morning, iom morning mate, welcome to the show. What do you think the song title is?
Speaker 2: I gotta get a message to you by Oh great song?
Speaker 4: No, Andrew, that's not the right one though, Stuart, good morning.
Speaker 2: I love how we cut them off. Never leave a listener.
Speaker 3: Down, Stuart, good morning, good morning. I'm pretty good Stewart, hope you're well this morning, and thanks to calling the show.
Speaker 2: What's your guests song too? Now, let's play this back. How do you hear?
Speaker 4: How do you hear?
Speaker 2: Song too?
Speaker 4: A good thinking?
Speaker 3: Uh no, it's not the right one to look Stuart Graham, good morning, Hei, guys, ge man, what are you going for?
Speaker 2: What's the song I've gone with?
Speaker 11: Blondie call me ah, No it's.
Speaker 3: Not Blondie called me smart, guess so Graham toughler. Emma, good morning, Good morning, Emma. I can just tell your voice the excitement you're feeling good you reckon, You've got.
Speaker 12: It, I think I do.
Speaker 8: What is it?
Speaker 12: Good vibrations?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Easy? Would there you go?
Speaker 4: Hey, I've got surprises for you. I've got some movie tickets.
Speaker 3: You go and see this great in Australian comedy movie Eddie Izzard and a great cast all in. It's called The Flip Side Out at the end of August on the thirtieth.
Speaker 2: You can have some tickets to go and see that. Em well done, very much, right, Okay, that's it from now on, No more easy ones, no more. That's it.
Speaker 3: The gloves off, this was gonna be Tomorrow's not even gonna I'm not even gonna waste your time with this one. And I'm gonna take it off line today and make a really really hard one.
Speaker 4: And what's going to be this?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's too easy. What do you reckon sand explosion? Oh my, you are not the focus group for this. What's the first set of effect? Give me a clue.
Speaker 4: Come on, you wanting me up?
Speaker 2: You know what that is? Sound bump, It's an explosion?
Speaker 4: Think about you must know what this is.
Speaker 6: I've done a few ah mischief, possible theme tnc dynamite that's why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well done, man, that's it. So tomorrow, brand new clip and I guarantee, I guarantee is not gonna go tomorrow. It won't even go all next week. Wow, Okay, I'm gonna I'm not gonna give anything. I'm not gonna play it on ED tomorrow and today. Have pressure tested this in the office and no one comes anywhere near it. That's it now, member, I've snapped.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three time now four. We forgot to do this. Yes, I felt really bad.
Speaker 3: Big John is out there every morning, he gets way before even we do, and it does this weather report for us.
Speaker 2: I forgot to play it yesterday. And where I found this guy.
Speaker 3: He's one of the people who in my WhatsApp group when I gave my mobile number out Here is today's weather report.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Christian, big John here with your four o'clock Rhaming weather report. Currently in Melbourne nine point three degrees. It feels like six point nine. We're chasing the top of fifteen degrees. Twe same chance of a watch hours in the morning and the afternoon with light wings.
Speaker 2: So that is where the report's brought to you by politics. Back to you Christian Nice in his own sponsorship.
Speaker 3: Not just that, I throw back to the studio as well. He's getting slick with this, Big John, Thank you very much. So you've got a dog, right, yes, yesterday I was walking the dog. It's over in the Dandy Park near where I live, and you see some odd stuff with other dog walkers. Okay, it's this strange kind of community, isn't it. Have you got one of those long things, the old tennis ball launcher?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I go raw arm. I mean I feel like I can throw it far enough myself. Yeah, exactly. I'm glad you were for the same way too.
Speaker 3: My wife has one and it drives her nuts because even when she launched that, I then see it as a competition that I have to prove a point and throw it just using my arm further than she's done it with the dog launcher. And yesterday there's a guy there right, and he's got the old launcher. And I have to be honest, I know this is pathetic and it's not going to put me a good light.
Speaker 2: I judged him. How was that? Okay?
Speaker 3: Bobby's got a weak arm, as he said, I'm I'm near him with sort of not because that's what dog people do. And I can actually get the tennis ball and I'm throwing it, but my one is I haven't quite warmed up.
Speaker 2: It falls a bit short. I now I can't leave it there, right.
Speaker 3: I know you guys are competitive, but I'm starting to become slightly straining this way, and I'm thinking I'm not moving on, so I pick it up again.
Speaker 2: Now I'm thinking I've got a really mode of this thing. I'm not I'm not leaving it.
Speaker 3: I then really well at yet, and I could see even he sees it, and he's like right. He then you know, makes out he's just you know, picking some off his showing up. But I see he's not going that.
Speaker 2: He then does another one. This one it's not bad, it's a it's a good throw for my friend, but he's still got the catapult.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got artificial you know, it's artificial assistance he's using there. I now, So this goes on for a couple of minutes. Right now, my arm is already starting to hurt, Okay, really really starting hurt. And then I notice he bends down and gets something out of a bag. This guy, he's got his dog there already. Right, he's got a labrador, beautiful dog. He gets out of a bag. I didn't walize he had it there. A small pet goat?
Speaker 2: What in ack?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 4: I can only describe what I saw.
Speaker 3: A small pet goat that he puts on the ground, A tiny little baby goat that starts like chewing.
Speaker 2: The grass, that's right. I mean there were so many rules and regulations everywhere in Victoria. Right, I've got I've had the dog permit. You know, you've got on leash off leash. I didn't know you could just rock up to a park here with a flipping goat. And I didn't think you would put it in the backpack. Was its head sticking out before you?
Speaker 4: It must have done.
Speaker 2: He didn't unzip it was anything like that.
Speaker 4: He just got it out the.
Speaker 2: Produce as a pet goat. I didn't know you could rock up with a pet goat.
Speaker 4: Not just that, is it a pet?
Speaker 2: I mean I live brighton a way I've not seen people walking goat? Is this a new hipster thing? He's one uped you to a point where you can't.
Speaker 4: You know, and we don't even know.
Speaker 3: My arm was sore as well as stall saw today from the throwing competition got involved in and he's out done me by bringing a you know, a pet go to it.
Speaker 2: You could throw a tennis ball two suburbs away, but he still wins with baby girl, can believe it?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three systems that bring it on by Van Halen and Jack actually let overgo?
Speaker 2: Who is this again?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I know, guys, I know van Halen, I did not know song You you appreciate you were a musician yourself, you can play instruments you know, you must appreciate.
Speaker 3: I mean Eddie van Halen, he's the revered is one of the greatest contemporary guitarists ever. No, No, A lot of people that millennial, so no, we are the great van Halen do you know what I like about that song is the big, that big guitar riff in it.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 2: I'd be very happy to put together and produce an album that was just back to back guitar riffs, and I think I would call it now that's what I call riff. Well, why don't you make one of the mixtapes midweek mixtape?
Speaker 3: Now, that's what I call riffs. It's just every song just another big old in there. I'm just just shooting off the to my head right now. You've got to have November Rain, that big one slash. I mean about ninety percent of that song is slash wigging out with the with his guitar, and even.
Speaker 4: In the video he's just stood outside the church.
Speaker 3: I don't know why he's outside the church and you get the big old helicopter shot and he's got.
Speaker 14: That's now I know what you mean by wigo, because yesterday you're like, oh, you should wig out on your on the Melbourne song, we have a big wig out.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I honestly, this is some.
Speaker 3: Kind of loan translation pommy thing. You know we're back in England, you know we like to wig out over there. I think it comes from sixteenth century, when I guess a lot of pumies used to wear powdered wigs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean like a big guitar solo. That's what I think. This song needs a solo. I don't know if it's a guitar solo, because you can have a bagpipe solo a CDC long way to the top. That's amazing. They actually managed to get a bagpipe solo in that song. But it needs a solo and then wig out an iconic Melbourne song because in the video clip they go down the center of Yeah, come down once and what do we have? We need an iconic moment in the song that is a wig out. I don't know what the riff is. It doesn't have to be a guitar, what a what instrument hasn't been used before? In an anthem that we could have a week hasn't been used? Yes, that's our challenge. Like an obo solo, an obo, a xylophone, a glockenspiel, a triangle, the old what's the thing I was asking about the day the old wooden fish that aguero I think we found it was called anyway, you know, we'll come.
Speaker 3: Back to that later on yesterday evening, I was having another kind of un peacekeeping battle moment with my kids about get.
Speaker 10: Up, come down here.
Speaker 2: Now I know the phones are up there. I'm going to turn the Wi Fi off then see who's having.
Speaker 4: Bigger folks down here?
Speaker 2: Yes, as you ever did the negotiations, ever settled with the contract, and I'm trying to ride a contract. Sitting back down again to negotiate the teas and sees.
Speaker 4: This weekend.
Speaker 2: They got their.
Speaker 4: People now sitting down with us.
Speaker 3: It's three weeks trying to get this so kind of phone contract together.
Speaker 2: They's too smart, it's too slippery.
Speaker 3: But yeah, this weekend we're putting the final details together. Do you know what I was thinking yesterday?
Speaker 2: I think we could.
Speaker 3: I really wish we could bring back the good old days of dial up internet. It was so painful, it felt it at the time, but when I look back now, the world was a better place.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: Now, people are angry in that because they can constantly just immediately just write a crappy review on.
Speaker 4: Trip Advisor and ruin some restaurant.
Speaker 3: You know, it's because they're angry in the moment they can complain about have a go at somebody online, and the reason why it was because it's immediate years ago there was this abuse online because you had to wait someone we're trying to use the landline and knock you off whatever, and by the time you got on there to like leave an abusive message, I've chilled out. Actually, remember what I was angry about what that DJ said earlier. I'm not going to contact the radio station anymore. So I think we should bring back dine up, you know, just have it as an option or an Apple or something.
Speaker 2: The dial up internet.
Speaker 4: I'd like to know this morning. Other things you'd like to see brought back.
Speaker 2: I know we're living an exciting all this latest advancements and it's never ending change and all that, but things actually you missed that you'd like to see you are brought back. I remember a time when I was a kid when the spare tire wasn't that little mini tire you get now, the kind of quarter tire. It was a big, old, fat, proper tire. Why are we gonna shrink it down now? I want to see the return of the big one, And no, it's driving on the shrunken tire for a couple of weeks there I scared you didn't want to go the frameway. You can't. All right?
Speaker 3: Then this morning, what would you like to see brought back? Nine four one four one four three. Don't call up and say grubby, indeedy and thank you nine one four.
Speaker 1: Three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So I think the world be a better place if we went back to the dark old days of the internet and dial up internet.
Speaker 4: Bring it back, I reckon. Also, I reckon bring back the return of the good old fax machine.
Speaker 2: No, you never used a facts and had fun No, quite right, but I like cumbersome technology. Everything these days is too small. Return of big old clunky TVs.
Speaker 3: You remember the big old TV that a big old I said, like a big old booty on the back there where the scientists sat there, you know, beaming it in and like some sort of cathode ray tubes in the back of it.
Speaker 2: And your TV would get hot if it was off. It was just on for like three minutes, glowing there. When did you grab with that? We had a TV that didn't have a remote when I was so you had to My dad would just go channel and I would have to get up and go and change the channel.
Speaker 6: Boy usually the youngest in the family.
Speaker 2: When I was the eldest channel and you had to get up, there was only like two choices to be as well, and not just that. It wasn't like now, everything's kind of like, uh, you know, a soft touch, isn't it tap tap? It was you almost have to punch.
Speaker 3: A douche push, you know. We had to jab it in to change the channel as well. And then they brought no controls out that had like a lead.
Speaker 2: It's not really remote lead into it as well.
Speaker 3: But you know, yesterday we were talking about the Martika song and I was saying, old Prince wrote this.
Speaker 2: I read a bit on it yesterday and he.
Speaker 3: Actually he faxed her the lyrics, the idea of Prince getting annoyed with the facts of she because they were never you know, it's like purple.
Speaker 2: I didn't talk like that.
Speaker 3: I think that's the Queen. By the way, I get confused with doing the Queen and Prince. U's a fax machine.
Speaker 4: Also, what's my Teaka's number?
Speaker 8: Again?
Speaker 4: You got the internet on?
Speaker 2: Turn the internet up on your end?
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to lines. So we're talking about things you want to bring back? Melissa, good morning.
Speaker 15: Hi, here you going.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty good, Melissa, how you.
Speaker 2: Well this morning? Thanks for calling the show. What do we need to bring back?
Speaker 15: We need to bring back video and DVD stores.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, the good old Blockbuster stores.
Speaker 11: I think I'm liking the other day and I was speaking to my husband about when we first started dating.
Speaker 9: You know, we go to the movie store.
Speaker 11: And you know, after a week of work on a Friday, you know, relate lastday night, and yeah, so what a shame we don't have that anymore?
Speaker 2: And yeah, do you know what?
Speaker 3: Because it was the whole experience, and it meant that a movie, I know, you can download them now in nano seconds. I can literally download a movie now and we can all watch it. But and when I first started dating my now wife, the same thing. Thursday night, Friday night, you go to Blockbusters, you walk around, see what was that? You'd have to read the back of it because you couldn't just dial up a review on the phone reader.
Speaker 2: Do you like that person?
Speaker 3: Jemna Faristin she's never done a good movie since she left friends. And then you go and you get it, and then it was then they had like the ice cream. It was like when Ben and Jerry's and Hargannask came out and you got your eight league bottle of fizzy drink as well, and then you got chips. But it was a whole experience that you a bleachded it more because it didn't happen very often. Wasn't easy to get hold of a movie. Now it's too easy.
Speaker 2: And I think you're right about the reviews. Bad movies had a lot better chance in the olden days of getting a play because now we can too easily look up Running Tomatoes or pretty was a critic and where more informed. I only watched not I'm terrible. I only watch everything above ninety percent. It's not. Back in the day, you didn't know.
Speaker 3: We saw more movies, more rubbish movies as well, because you just the experience.
Speaker 4: It was about the experience. Yeah, but that's a great one. Thanks for that one.
Speaker 2: Thank you have a good day, Greg.
Speaker 15: Yes, here you going, Christian Jaqueen Jack, how.
Speaker 2: Are you know what we're good this morning? What do you think we should bring back?
Speaker 15: We need to bring back to polywaffle chocolate bar.
Speaker 2: I'm reading up on this occasion.
Speaker 15: It's a yeah, it's a chocolate cut bar with waifer and marshmallow.
Speaker 9: In the middle.
Speaker 4: Now, why did it go away?
Speaker 15: I don't know, And that's like decided just a top production. They thought it wasn't popular enough anymore.
Speaker 2: Greg and Pats, it sounds like you like it as well. I've got a theory about the poly waffle. I don't think we actually liked it as much as everybody says we did. But now that it's gone, we miss we miss it. Yeah, it was great because we can't have it, we miss it. But at the time, I don't think a lot of people were choosing polly Waffle over your cherry ripes, your flakes, you crunches, your twigs. Let's go down to Greg for the counter points. So this's where do you stand on Jack.
Speaker 3: So the first time Jack said were giving the theory to any think who knew he's been sat for twelve weeks on a poly waffle theory must been killing him.
Speaker 4: Craig, what are you about Jack's poly waffle theory?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I think it's the minority that there because there was such a great chocolate bar. Maybe Christian, with your power, you can somehow bring it back.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I don't know what power we think.
Speaker 9: I've got a lot of power radio.
Speaker 2: See that's the only power of qu Yeah, you're right, Christians like the Polly Waffle of radio. A lot of people choose him. But if you like it that sort of thing.
Speaker 4: And he went away, you might miss him a bit more.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three thanks.
Speaker 2: To the course of Texas.
Speaker 3: One of the things that you'd like to see make a return, things that should come back. I was just about to say something you don't see very often these days, but I thought, actually, if I say that on air, we will get a load of complaints. That is not a good idea, is the clue. I can't honestly can't talk it out on it. I was about the set and I thought, no, no way, no way, filter. Yeah no, I just find finally had a moment there of awareness like that that would not go down very well.
Speaker 2: But you don't see a lot of them. Medicine has moved on.
Speaker 3: Now anyway, and he's on the line, Andy, good morning he and now Andy, what do you You've got a great one?
Speaker 2: Tell everyone what you think should make a comeback?
Speaker 11: Well, he said this, you view eight track eight stacker record player. I remember those, and you could put your forty fives on the special cruise on so nothing would slip. But he used used to slip, and you used to get your eighth record. It sounded like someone with a really deep voice and a bad attitude.
Speaker 4: Jimmy Barnes.
Speaker 11: He would have saund like Tom Jones.
Speaker 2: And so my my mate's dad had one of these and we were He was never allowed to go anywhere near it.
Speaker 4: His dad was very very protective of it. It was like, yeah, that was it, like an eight stack they called them.
Speaker 11: Yeah, my dad used to crack the ships because you could change the speed and we used to play all his seventy eight to thirty threes.
Speaker 4: Oh he loves it, and this is ascribe it.
Speaker 3: To jack Then there'd be a lot of people listening to this, like Jackie, aren't aware of what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: So how would you describe something like this, Andy, Well, it's.
Speaker 11: A turntable, the old fashioned turn table. And I never understand why they did away from the eight track and come up with this single little pole. You had to put one record on at the time. Yeah, maybe five minutes to change it. But yeah, he had a pole up in the middle with a special catch on it, and all the records is to sit up the top, and a special used to come around. Every time the arm returned back to base, it would drop the next record on to the top of the last record.
Speaker 2: So it's just so you didn't you didn't choose which you didn't say, I want to listen to record for you, Just the machine decided you.
Speaker 11: Now, you pre stacked it, you pre stacked it in your order you wanted it, but it never came out right.
Speaker 3: Do you know, Andy, do you think that'd be a great thing now if you had like a bar or a part and it had one of those in and so you know, like a jukebox, you pick a couple of songs, but you picked your eight songs, you worked out the order you and you makes me put them on and then that it would play it for you. I reckon that will make a great thing in a pub now, better than a chip box. So patrons of the planminnet allowed to do it themselves. It's that kid's dad who.
Speaker 2: Goes, don't touch it, don't touch it. I'll do it. You tell me the song.
Speaker 11: I'll do it very sense, tied up in the corner.
Speaker 4: So Andy, great Gold, thanks a lot for that one.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: This show needs you, your city needs you. So yeah, it was this time last week the news came out, most Liverpool city in the world. It's an annual thing. You've been at number one for like the last eight or nine years. It's one of the many reasons why my family's an idea. We decided to move over here to the most liveable city in the world, the reigning number one, undefeated champion for the last eight or nine years.
Speaker 2: And then suddenly Austria comes in with Vienna and I've been there. It's a boring little place, nothing on this great city. And we have the Lord Mayor on Sally Cap And then whilst we were chatting to how it just.
Speaker 3: Suddenly punted up the idea that maybe it's because the judges were dissuaded by that eighty song Vienna. Maybe if Melbourne has a song, it can get back the number one spot. So the Lord may he count the great And Jack was busy over the weekends a writer's retreat he called it when he went away to an Airbnb. I'm sure Dylan did this back in the day. His book's out on Airbnb somewhere.
Speaker 2: I went and wrote songs, and then when Jack came in on Monday, he paid us this demo version. So the demo versions before we play it, it's like a really raw kind of Yeah you can't You've got to still use your imagination of what the song will be. Yeah, this is raw.
Speaker 8: Everybody singing it for Malvin Malvin, everybody sing it for Melvin Noln.
Speaker 3: So then you've got you've called in some favors, and you've got someone who's really really produced this up said have a listen to this.
Speaker 2: Now this has really moved on. It sounds great. And then this goes to the chorus. Ye doesn't that sound great? And you you've corrected this.
Speaker 10: This is your work.
Speaker 2: Thank you Fair. It's amazing. I mean, he did the guitar on that is a lot better than what I'm capable of. So somebody so, yeah, he's brought it alive, but it's your inspiration.
Speaker 3: So Jack sort of laid down the vocal track with that yesterday, and you know, this is where we now need everybody's help YEP, it is clear that your balls haven't dropped.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with that. At thirty, it's been that situation.
Speaker 4: You're lucky.
Speaker 3: If we were to you know, it's obviously not going to happen for you. And that's okay, buddy, all right. I'm not judging or shaming in any way.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know.
Speaker 4: And if we were making a choir anthem, yeah we need you.
Speaker 2: But on a rock song.
Speaker 4: Haven't listened to this.
Speaker 2: Every body bless him.
Speaker 10: Ten year old boy, everybody singing.
Speaker 2: What is it you want to pocket?
Speaker 6: Running?
Speaker 10: True?
Speaker 2: I agree that now that the production quality of the music has gone up significantly, my voice is not the right voice for the song. What we need is someone like barn Zy.
Speaker 4: Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Our question now is we are looking to have you sing the chorus with us. You can not just listen to the song. You can be on the song. Do you want to join our people's chorus. We're looking for you to give us a call this morning. We're just going to audition you. She just wanted to do that line.
Speaker 2: Everybody singing for Melbourne Melbourne? All right, so it's Melbourne twice Melbourne twice. It's so good they named it twice.
Speaker 3: All right, give us a call now nine four one four one o four three. We want to audition you. We want to hear your pipes.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So we are making a song for Melbourne, a brand new anthem for this great city to rival the new number one most Liverpool's city in the world v Enna. So we need you to sing on it. We like you to sing on to be part of the chorus. Jack has laid down this vocal.
Speaker 10: Everybody singing, Oh, everybody.
Speaker 2: Singing, got on the Muppets. It's it's too high, a registered on. It's not on my range. It's not in your again because I wrote the song. Sok. But you've you've. It's not about you. You've you've given to this to us, you know, And so we need you to come on here this morning and lay down your a big kind of vocal to it.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: Our first this morning we say, well, Jenny is Brake. She's the first person to.
Speaker 2: Come on here and do this. Good morning Jenny, Hello Jenny, So did you sing at school or anything you've been in a band before I was in a heavy metal band, were you really? That's what we need? This is it?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 4: What was the name of your heavy metal band, Jenny, Day of.
Speaker 5: Knives, Day of Knives?
Speaker 2: I love hearing high bands into a whole show. Just on here, and what your old band used to be called?
Speaker 9: And now I'm in a choir called Open Doors Choir.
Speaker 2: Well, that is a transition and a half, isn't it, from the heavy metal band day of Night to the so Jenny, you know we're after here, Jack. The line we need is everybody sing it for Melbourne. Everybody. Everybody singing is everybody. I can't do it, Jenny, I believe in you. Will give you a bit of a leading. I'll count you in. So's everybody sing it for Melbourne? Melbourne? Yep, yeah, Jenny, Maybe pull the phone away from your mouth a little bit. I want you to belt it out.
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay, all right, you ready, Jenny, I'm going.
Speaker 2: All right, let's try and do this everyone. This is Live Radio one, two, three, four. Everybody sing it? Oh Best.
Speaker 4: On once more?
Speaker 2: That sounds great.
Speaker 4: Go again.
Speaker 16: Everybody's singing it from Mail Best.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 4: She's finding a groove.
Speaker 17: Jenny Jenny, you're in the bands.
Speaker 2: You're in the band, Jenny.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wait, that's a high standard set there, Jenny. That is impressive. Let's go to Freedom. Good morning, good morning, okay, Freedom, tell us about your form.
Speaker 4: Have you been in a band?
Speaker 2: H No, I have not.
Speaker 16: I used to sing in the school choir, but this was back in primary school and we used to sing a lot of kid songs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, what it doesn't matter, right you ready to give this a go?
Speaker 4: Freedom? And you know what we're after?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: All right, Jack will count you in.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, here we go, one, two, three.
Speaker 16: Everybody sing it from Melvin Melvin very good.
Speaker 2: And one more time Freedom go.
Speaker 16: Everybody sing it Albun Melbourne again, Freedom, very good.
Speaker 3: We're building the bad folks, we're building the band. So we've got Jenny, we got Freedom. Who else have we got there?
Speaker 4: We've got Nicole?
Speaker 2: Come on in, Nicole, good money? Okay, Nicole? So you want a hands free right now?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right? Is this safe?
Speaker 16: Completely same?
Speaker 4: No, I don't reckon.
Speaker 3: We can encourage singing and auditioning for live radio whilst you're driving. Worried about your safety, Nicole? Afraid when you can pull over and give us a call when it's safe. You've got to be safe with rock and roll these days, health and safety if you want all right, So if you want to sing in the man nine four one four one four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian who Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Sometimes when you're the host of a breakfast show, it's like you're a pilot. You've got to make micro decisions that can also the safety of the listeners and take you on a completely different course. And right now, during that song, we have to have an instant editor of meeting about whether or not Andy Lee's hemorrhoids will influence today's at work time where it's at nine four grown ups, four grownups actually talking about it, whether.
Speaker 4: Any of us saw going, hey, are we really.
Speaker 3: Talking about another guy's backside, and whether or not we put it on air for the at work time waste. We are talking about our good friend Andy Lee's hemorrhoids. So we have heard from this morning he's recovering well. Three man operation yesterday, go up his backside and it's a diamonte fixed. They've done amazing, amazing What money can buy you now, you know, beautiful stuff.
Speaker 4: Andy, I look forward to seeing it anyway.
Speaker 3: You know, we're still it's ongoing, whether or not we're going to influence today's at work time waste eight minutes past eight. We now got to get into this and I go from Andy Lee's backside to this.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about the anthem.
Speaker 2: Then.
Speaker 3: Jack has written an amazing anthem, laid down a demo track. This our song for Melbourne. Gun against Vienna now the number one most of the all sitting in the world. They've got that eighty song Vienna. We need our brand new anthem. Jack's been busy. Have listened to this.
Speaker 10: Everybody sing.
Speaker 2: It's a guide. It's a guys.
Speaker 10: Everybody singing.
Speaker 2: The music sounds fantastic. The singer there, yes, he's a guide. Track of yours is a more tender, willowy, lightweight voice. Okay, I want it to be powerful, but that's all I can muster. No, but it's great.
Speaker 4: You've given us this amazing anthem.
Speaker 3: You've given us a hook the song, and so far we've been opening the lines on nine four one four, one oh four three. We're asking to come and sing on the song, join the chorus. We're building the band already with Jenny.
Speaker 15: Everybody sing it's a most flowers.
Speaker 4: Wow, that sounds great.
Speaker 16: Go again, everybody saying it's allow best.
Speaker 4: And then we got Freedom.
Speaker 16: Everybody sing it now, then Melbourne.
Speaker 2: So they're sounding great already. We've got the girls that moment.
Speaker 4: We need the guys as well. Join the quiet nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 2: Pats by the way, I reckon. Perhaps it's got a real big old belting Yes, shout everybody, Patsy for mel Man in the show. Maybe Pats you know I reckon. You've got everybody sing it for me? Be shocking, shocking, you can sing, You'll be part of Come on, take time out from plugging in the old ten k Theropeak guarantee with pleasure.
Speaker 4: Maybe you could sing that every half an hour.
Speaker 2: Jojo, Hello Jojoe. So apparently you've got four mere You've you've sung in a lot of bands?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, I have sung in a few.
Speaker 12: Ye, that's the true thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, and any names? What bands have you sung him?
Speaker 15: Money Shot?
Speaker 2: And okay? I did ask you?
Speaker 8: Did?
Speaker 2: You did ask me?
Speaker 12: That's probably the most recent one, and it's probably probably the best one to tell you.
Speaker 2: That's the best one to tell me live on the radio at Temper sent me of the school. Yeah, okay, are you ready to sing your line for us? All right, give us the old money shot.
Speaker 8: One.
Speaker 16: Everybody, everybody.
Speaker 2: Jojo.
Speaker 3: I reckon, there's a better taking you than that. Yeah, we're not Oh no, no, no, no no no Jojo. Listen, come on, you're Jojo from the money Shot.
Speaker 2: I need to feel the passion you're singing for Melbourne, this is the greatest city in the water. When your line back there and faking it, let's go again. Can you bring it? Jojo?
Speaker 10: One?
Speaker 16: Two four, everybody sing? It's a malte more time.
Speaker 2: Everybody. There we go. You're in Jojo.
Speaker 4: That's but we got it. We got the essence of Jojo.
Speaker 2: There, we got here.
Speaker 3: Ye hey, hi Jen, Hey, hi Jen, I see my my phone system here just simply says really helpful producers, great one musical theater.
Speaker 4: Game and so you you work in the performing arts.
Speaker 10: No, it's all.
Speaker 12: It's pretty much all amateur stuff.
Speaker 10: I've found a little bit of singing with bands and things, but you know, you got to gott.
Speaker 2: To just do what you can do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, well listen, Jenny, Thanks for giving us a call. Try now are you ready with your line?
Speaker 13: Sure?
Speaker 2: Okay, Jack, you're going to counter in. Ok can you in gen? Everybody sing for Melbourne? Okay, Jenny bring it one two?
Speaker 10: Everybody singing for.
Speaker 2: Melvine Malver, She's got gay one more time?
Speaker 10: Are the sting into melbournel.
Speaker 2: That was brilliant best so far. We put Jen up the front of the microphone where the chorus.
Speaker 4: Hey, Jenny, well done, you're in the band.
Speaker 9: Okay, call with me, Jenny Christen It's Jin.
Speaker 3: Sorry, wow, everybody get ready. We've got our first guy, Peter.
Speaker 4: Well done, Pete.
Speaker 9: Here we going going he he He's our guy.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Peter, are you ready? You've got the line we need from you.
Speaker 9: I'd like to hear it one more time.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got my guide track. Yeah, we got the first d of the band.
Speaker 10: Guys, everybody singing. Everybody sing.
Speaker 2: Okay, Pietera, you got it, got it? Everybody sing it for Melbourne? Oh can you in Peat now? Listen, Peter, this is really important. You're representing the guys.
Speaker 3: You're the first person in trant audition for the band, so you really really really got to punch through.
Speaker 4: Okay, no problem, bringing came I right, come on, Pete. I know you can do this, Pizza.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 16: Go one two three four everybody Malbourn Melburn.
Speaker 9: Again.
Speaker 4: Peter, Yeah, Peter, I tell you what we need.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what it's. It's almost there. You know it's almost there. You're in first gear. I reckon, there's a few more gears than you, Peter. So I just need to do it again. We've got to be very very We only want the finest voices on the song. So Peter, could you do the line again? Sure, good man, Pieter.
Speaker 4: And then there's a better take in your buddy off you go.
Speaker 2: Bring it, Pete and one, two three four everybody sing meln that's great.
Speaker 4: One more time, Pixie, Pete.
Speaker 6: Yeah, can you only get one take?
Speaker 2: That's okay, one take, Pete, Pete, you're in the van, the first to come on through.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll take some more auditions next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We are holding live auditions right now. Forget Australia's got talent, this is Melbourne's got talent.
Speaker 2: MGT.
Speaker 3: We need you for our song for Melbourne, our anthem that we're going to be making this is the the what you call this the vocal trap, the vocal guy trap. Don't have a drum track sometimes don'tainly for bands to get them in time.
Speaker 4: Jack's laid this down.
Speaker 2: It's his song. He's come up with us.
Speaker 10: Everybody sing it, Lord, everybody singing.
Speaker 2: We've had some great auditions so far. If you're just tuning in, listen to this from Jen everybody singing the Melbourne Man.
Speaker 4: She sounds amazing.
Speaker 3: All right, we're ready to go to another guy. Okay, pe d Our last guy fingers burn one tape, Pete Gary.
Speaker 9: The album.
Speaker 4: Even need the truck, that's it.
Speaker 2: It brings the heaters, Gary, Gary, this truck one more time with the song as well, because this sounds really exciting.
Speaker 4: Mate, Jackie what he's account of.
Speaker 2: Him one every four.
Speaker 9: Album stuck in the loop.
Speaker 2: This is my job here is done? Back to work?
Speaker 4: Oh god, that's Britta James. Was he calling from the bath Jame?
Speaker 2: This show?
Speaker 9: James?
Speaker 4: James, worry right now?
Speaker 2: Done it? Well about all right? And it was air craft hangers. You were the toilet, James.
Speaker 10: In the bathroom off my headphone?
Speaker 2: How bad?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the guy's not making it easier.
Speaker 2: I have you to be safe though walking around your house.
Speaker 4: And all right, James, you anybody.
Speaker 11: Absolutely all right, bring it?
Speaker 2: One two three four.
Speaker 11: Everybody is singing for Melbourne Melbourne.
Speaker 2: In order to pizza.
Speaker 10: Again.
Speaker 16: Everybody is singing for Melbourne Melburn.
Speaker 6: M hm.
Speaker 2: That's a little bit of power, James.
Speaker 4: But any.
Speaker 2: James, when you're gonna need to hit one more time, it's really hot over the phone and there's a bit of a delay on the phone and hearing the song.
Speaker 10: I'll give you that.
Speaker 11: Actually think I thought us wants to be this is the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Oh I see, okay, enough, please.
Speaker 3: Now listen James, James, I can really feel that when we're talking to you. I can feel you've got a big, strong voice, buddy. Yeah, there there, I can feel it now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it. Okay, so really screw your face.
Speaker 2: That's it. Yes, that's what we call deep.
Speaker 4: Getting through it, all right? And I think now you've found it.
Speaker 2: What's happening? Now you found it?
Speaker 4: James, Let's here it one more time. Okay, you ready with glasses?
Speaker 11: Absolutely good stuff?
Speaker 2: Okay, right, go.
Speaker 17: One two three four.
Speaker 11: Everybody is singing for Melbourne Melbourne.
Speaker 7: Everybody is singing for Melbourn, Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Him at the back rather back, sick and right at the back.
Speaker 2: Right now, car park, Hey, Tom, Tom, Tom, Tom Tom Tom?
Speaker 4: You ready? I am okay?
Speaker 2: All right, Tom?
Speaker 4: Good luck?
Speaker 2: Bring it.
Speaker 4: One, two, three, four, everybody from now.
Speaker 2: He's like a Collingwood fan. Time you're fired.
Speaker 3: Sorry, we gotta we got to you gotta be Let some people go right, Okay.
Speaker 2: The ladies are running away with it today, you know, over the place. Guys, what's going on? Wendy? Hello, all right, do you know what I'm gonna do? Right, Let's do a Maybe this might be a mistake. Let's try this.
Speaker 3: Let's try and put another lady on the other line and audition two ladies at the same time. Alright, so, Wendy, you are online one, Wendy online one, and let's try let's put online two.
Speaker 2: Let's transfer.
Speaker 4: We got who we got?
Speaker 2: Nicole? Nicole? Welcome? All right, Nicole, say hi to Wendy. Wendy say hi to Nicole.
Speaker 10: Hello.
Speaker 2: You could feel this awkward. This could produce at Lennon and McCartney. They didn't get it when they got in the studio.
Speaker 15: The harmony is going to be a jewet.
Speaker 4: So we yes, yes, a jewet?
Speaker 2: Right you ready? Girls? Can you in? Okay? Sis Ter's bring It.
Speaker 8: One two three four Elbourne.
Speaker 17: One more Time Girls, There's one someone's good and someone's bad.
Speaker 1: On the car, but you're both hind the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Thank you ver much to everyone who called it. Try me part of the song for Melbourne. One thing is crystal clear. What the song really needs is this man. You know, we interviewed them last week. It's not really protocol to swap numbers with them. I've been stopping message with his wife. But if anyone has a contact in in with Sir Jimmy Barnes, I've knighted him now, so Jimmy.
Speaker 2: Barnes, he'd be great to sing a couple of lines on it. How did you get his wife's number?
Speaker 3: I don't get his wife's number. She started following me on Twitter. We've been back and forth dming each other. I said how much I love the documentary and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, maybe would you ask would you feel comfortable asking her if Jimmy would sing on the song? Do you think that's like the dumb thing? You know, she's then gonna un follow me, and oh god, I haven't been following him six days and now he's asking my husband to sing on a song. It's either that or Peyton Tom, those guys that we heard before.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So the weekend I had to go and put my daughter up, my eleven year old daughter. She'd be working on a school project with two other girls about the history of the Suffragette movement.
Speaker 4: Obviously this is a global.
Speaker 3: Thing, and so they've been working on even when they get that big old I'm sure Audrey's had to do this before they get that big old colored piece of like a three cart.
Speaker 2: We're always at office works getting sup.
Speaker 3: Getting the cutting it all out, and it's glue everywhere on the floor and chuck a bunch of glitter on and you know, they really get into it, you know, and they're concentrating, and so I had to go and pick her up and on these two other little girls that they were working really hard. And I'm driving Lois home and I'm going, so on, what have you learned? What have you learn about the Suffragette movement? You know, it's really pertinent even now what those what those those ladies did and why they did it. And so she was talking about it all and Australian obviously she coupled a little bit of it in the UK with Emily Pankers. And then she told me that New Zealand I think is the first country in the world to give woman the right to vote. And I'm sure she's taking all this in and then she said, we've got to wear when we present it to the class, We've got to wear these sashes. I went, yeah, that's right, because it's relevant as well. And she goes, do you think it'd be a good idea if I wrote on my sash Miss World?
Speaker 2: I went, I don't.
Speaker 4: I think that's the opposite. Whole figure is about.
Speaker 2: Said, I think you've missed a lesson there for hours you been working out and you think get up.
Speaker 4: There right, Miss World, Yay, women are empowered. In twenty eighteen, Miss.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: This Friday we Backjack when I we be going into our courtroom. We turned the studio into a courtroom overseeing your cases. Last week we had It was like a three person case, a mother in law, a wife and the son in law, the leaking ruth that had been mended in two years, and we stepped in and instant justice was dispatched. So if there's something you'd like us to try on your behalf. It might be between you and a buddy at work, it might be someone going on you and your other half. Whatever it is, please let me know. We're looking for the cases for this Friday. You can email me Christian at gold one I four to three dot com dot Au or drop us out on our Facebook page. Very easy up there O C one four three that's our home on Facebook. Now, over the last hour we have been having editorial meetings about what to do about today's at work time West. We had a nice easy, the family friendly one and then the subject this morning has come to our minds of our dear friend was on the show yesterday this time yesterday, Andy Lee and Andy Lee. There's nothing embarrassed about this happens to people were all grown up on this show.
Speaker 2: But he has hemorrhoids. It is a little bit embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Well, to be fair to Andy, he's done a good thing, you know, he was on the radio yesterday afternoon, live from hospital getting this treated, and he was still doing interviews on Kennedy Malloyal Trip of M and he was telling them about his backside.
Speaker 4: So he's trying to bring awareness to hemorrhoids.
Speaker 6: He's an ambassador.
Speaker 4: Well, I think he's going to be.
Speaker 2: On the poster.
Speaker 4: It's not him but his backside.
Speaker 2: I think he's trying to bring awareness to true story on Channel nine.
Speaker 3: I was just more about his roids he's got. But anyway, we were talking about this morning as concerned colleagues and friends, you know, and concerned for Andy that he's recovering well and his bum grapes. Andy has left this message.
Speaker 2: He heard it.
Speaker 12: And Jack, thank you very much for broadcasting about my bum grapes. Don't you put it or rectus fruits. I've heard that this morning. As soon as it's sniffed off, don't you worry. I've got three or four doctors in here. They're going to put it in a barrel, take their shoes and socks off, and stomp.
Speaker 2: On it for a few hours to.
Speaker 12: Make sure we get the finest wine lovely, which of course I'll bottle. Let's sit for all while and the advantage that I suggest we'll be best drunk at around about twenty twenty cheers.
Speaker 2: Cheers, only watch out going to dinner at dinner at Andy's house. If he goes down to the cellar.
Speaker 4: This one's definitely been corked.
Speaker 3: So are we actually going to let's just have a show vote right now, are we really going to do bum bands?
Speaker 2: It's a yes for me answers, Yes for me.
Speaker 3: Producer backs, you know, I always She's kind of like the saying one in the team, right. She runs it with a nine rule of this show, producer, becks are going to give you a vote at all. It's like the vote of confidence that's gone on the government. Even though Tumbles won, he hasn't really has he no bes?
Speaker 2: What do you think? Is it a bit?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 2: It's okay, we can do it. It's funny the reluctance there. You pick up the reluctance in the turn that producers here sometimes protect us from. You can't. It's about bum has to be clean. It's about bums. Andy Lee's bum is clean. Everything is clean.
Speaker 3: He's got to clean Darry everyone, Okay, no dirty bums. We don't want any of that.
Speaker 2: After nine o'clock. Okay, I'm gonna use that. He's got a diamond started dumb. No, that's enough.
Speaker 8: Patch.
Speaker 2: We just said keeping men have a word with that.
Speaker 4: Tell Pats to keep it clean. So we're going to do We're actually going to do this.
Speaker 2: Bum bands. Yes, you can do bum bands.
Speaker 4: Okay, some producer becks his head.
Speaker 3: Now see what I've done. If it goes wrong, when I get complaints, we throw her under us.
Speaker 2: She's out the door.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, this hour, all the music is picked by you. We do this every Wednesday.
Speaker 4: I love doing this. It's a midweek mixtape. We give you the theme. You pick all the songs. This is the best one you've done.
Speaker 3: It's there are no Sometimes when I look through it, you see certain songs like, okay, what's their songs? But this, all the songs are amazing. Honestly, it's brilliant. There all to do with the theme of walking. So we challenge you to come up with her and a whole hour, a great hour of songs to do with walking. You've got some of this coming up to the next hour. Before that though, let's go to the subject of Andy Lee's backside. We send our best wishes to our guests yesterday, our good friend Andy Lee and his day ay. He's been talk about this publicly. You just heard his voicemail message. You've heard us talking about today as well. Hemorrhoids. It's a condition. It happens to millions of us, you know. Good for Andy Lee for bringing away to it and the second season of True Stories.
Speaker 2: I was on last night at eight forty, so.
Speaker 3: Today to help him. He is listening right now is a private medical facility. He's listened to the station, so we're going to help him out by giving him some backside bands were doing this Going Away Backside has already tons of people that are pinging their text and I haven't even given up the number yet.
Speaker 2: MC hemorrhoid. Good Piles Davis. I only learned about Piles on this show when you've done that two.
Speaker 3: Weeks ago, Piles Davis. I've also got Poodoo Gurus, Great Australian band and Bert Backsider.
Speaker 2: Uh we're adults, we are. So what have you got for backside bands? Michael Crackton Dairy air Supply. Oh, very good, that's very good and bum forty one.
Speaker 4: All right, Melbourne, what can you.
Speaker 3: Do Texas now oh four seven five three one oh four three oh four seven five three one oh four three.
Speaker 2: Jack will go through and grade them in ten minutes time.
Speaker 4: Let's kick off the midwek mixtape to do with Walking.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: I actually feel sorry for stations like Nova and Fox and Kiss.
Speaker 2: And they can't play Sheena Easton. What a powerful song.
Speaker 3: Sena Easton was struck requested by Sally and Werriby before that, Walk This Way, Alsmith rund See, David broad Meadows Proclaimers. I'm going to be five hunch of Miles Kelly in Essendon. Let's hold an hour of power. This week's midweek mixtape Walking songs picked by There's some great ones coming up. All right, let's go and talk about Andy Lee's backside.
Speaker 2: Is another thing that Nova and Fox wouldn't touch.
Speaker 3: So poor Andy Lee and we are we're only doing this out of concern for Andy Lee. I just hope everyone's realizing that as it excuse me as a gesture of concern. We opened the show today with really upsetting news for us that Andy Lee was on the show yesterday never mentioned it at all, but he was stood up and wincing anytime he tried to sit down for a guy crying out.
Speaker 2: Of as it lies, and oh I'm glad, No, no, let's not go there.
Speaker 3: Come on, we know the line. And then later on I hear him on the radio and he's lying from a hospital. Ben He's about to have a medical procedure for his we're all grown ups here, okay, hemorrhoids. So Jack and I are talking about it this morning. Andy Lee, here's it. He's left us this message. I did refer to it as bum grats. I believe that is the Latin medical term.
Speaker 12: To Christian and Jack, thank you very much for broadcasting about my bum grapes as you put it, or rectors fruits. I heard that this morning. As soon as it's snipped off, don't you worry. I've got three or four doctors in here. They're going to put it in a peril. Take these shoes in socks off and stomp on it for a few hours to make sure. Get the finest wine, which of course I'll bottle lit it for all while and the advantage that I suggest we best drunk at around about twenty.
Speaker 2: Twenty cheers, so as another just going to find the right peering cheese.
Speaker 16: Oh what.
Speaker 2: Oh you're quite right all right? So that today's at work time waste for Andy Lee, I kind of get well messages backside bands.
Speaker 3: He's listening in hospital? What backside bands would he be listening to? Kenn In forest Hill takes us straight to the poo fighters right gold Jack Posterior singer songwriter chat Post silvera Eric Crapton.
Speaker 2: I don't want to just mark all these golds, but that's the gold it is, isn't it.
Speaker 3: That's all Phil well done, green Bee Day, very good, smart one, Steven.
Speaker 2: Oakley, that's great gold for smartness. I'm afraid this isn't smart, this effective. Richard skid marks. That's four golds.
Speaker 3: Currently we should go home. I'm not proud of what we've done today, but I'll tell you what, do you know what? In twelve weeks you know I brought this feature or start this feature. We try every day to try and make it smart and literally the most popular one we've ever done at backside Bands.
Speaker 2: Eight is the score to be I think from memory eight gold we've had in this segment. We're currently at four Kennan Forest Hill. He's back everything but plugged the girl. I don't know the band. I can't score it, okay, but I shouldn't score it anyway. That's a bronze dire rear straits also from Ke's under Michael Phelps. Is today just raining gold. That has to be gold, earth breaking, Wind and fire, Civil plus.
Speaker 4: That's a great come.
Speaker 2: That's gold.
Speaker 4: Screwing Anthony in Greensboro, well done.
Speaker 2: Bums and Roses, Civil plus, rump DMC. That's good, So we'll pass the bumberries. Cranberry's silver. Then the skid marks had skid marks already, Silvil plus the back doors hmm, don't I Phil Colon's that's great gold Premium. That's Jaden, another one of our new listeners in Geelong officially announced on Monday.
Speaker 3: We are now the biggest Regis station in Geelong. Geelong has fallen to us and finally this morning backside bands headlining our Backside Festival. Katie perineum Ah, let's get out of the Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 1: Breakfast show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We're doing the Midweet mixtape. You pick all the songs. We give you a femois all to do with walking today. Well done, great music so far. That was Katrina and the Waves.
Speaker 2: So earlier on this morning we were playing a bit more of Jack's song.
Speaker 3: I commission him to write a song for Melbourne after last week Vienna toppling you from number one, where you've been and rightly so for the last eight.
Speaker 4: Or nine years as my Liverpool city in the world.
Speaker 3: And we're thinking maybe the judges that we're also have been so close member that just was swayed by the rubbish eighties song about the boring town Vienna.
Speaker 4: We need a song for this great city, Melbourne.
Speaker 2: I thought. The only person who can write a song it is.
Speaker 3: Jack and the Lord Mayn was on the show Sally Cap She's given it her blessing as well. And early on this morning we were playing some of the amazing you've had this worked up?
Speaker 4: Who has the guy who's been doing this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they say, a friend of mine. Luck, thank you for laying down the guitar parts and the drums and the bass. Is this haven't listened to this? What are we calling it? Everybody sing it for Melbourne? Everybody sing it for the Melbourne.
Speaker 17: Yep, it's the Boris line and the name of the song.
Speaker 3: Now, last week we were lucky enough to be blessed by the first suggestion of.
Speaker 1: A rick of a line.
Speaker 2: This song is in such a good place.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right, the song is coming week exactly and I'm now about to bound another big leap forward. Very lucky to get on my WhatsApp group I've set up on my own phone. When I gave up my number, a guy called Anthony works at Dell's Caryards. He left this and I want us everyone just to reflect on the beautiful word, magic and poetry in this.
Speaker 7: We are Melbourne, we are strong, we are up then and number one. We can keep kick people's houses if food won't. But we are leading arts.
Speaker 2: Now that's not going in the song. I mean, I've done this.
Speaker 10: We Melbourne, we are show.
Speaker 2: We are up then and number one. Who we are leading? Hello, number one spot. I hate that. I'm going to delete that. I'm going to back up, Okay in a private hard ride.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: All right, that's it for us. Thank you very much for picking all the music.
Speaker 3: Another outstanding out picked by you on the midweek mixtape Huggy Is on the Way. Could be playing the same song twice. You could be winning ten thousand dollars on the ten k no Repeat work Day. We are back tomorrow morning with a quiz that I am going to work out today is actually impossible for anyone to win for least a week.
Speaker 2: Are you going to loop me in this time? I'm seeker being on the other side where I don't know the answer, Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: Title of today's show is Message Me Comma cartoon Daddy, have a gat day.
Speaker 2: We're speak to you tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three