Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week. I'm Safeie Tolbert, and we have a very special and intermate edition. Today we're going to be speaking about Kate and Reese's wedding. We actually have Reese on the podcast. I never thought i'd see the day. Welcome my new brother, Rehys Turner.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, welcome.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you agreed to be on this because Sofa and I were just going to record it by ourselves because Amy's going to Melbourne today. But I asked Raes, do you want to be on it? And he said yes, So we thought we'd better do it quickly until you renag on that decision.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought one day in the good books and I might go do it, and then probably I'll be in the bad books again.
Speaker 1: Okay, you didn't introduce yourself with your new last name. Is that going to be a thing on this podcast? Are you going to be Kate Turner from now on here? No? Well, I said, I'm going to keep Kate Tulbah as my professional name and Kate Turner as my family name. Alrighty, then now we put up a question box on an Instagram and people have been sending in some other juicy questions. My favorite one was whether you consummated the marriage the night of? But I feel a bit awkward asking you guys this. Maybe we'll leave that one for later when Reese has warmed up a little bit. So now a lot of the questions were, of course about the dress. Kate, who was the designer? Can you tell us a little bit about it? So I got the dress from Bride Lab in Adelaide on King William Road, and the designer is Ammaline Vitali. I don't know if I've butchered that name. Actually you picked it out, didn't you? So you guess? Well, when we went there was this look. You had shown me a picture of a dress that was very similar to the one you ended up wearing, And there was a girl in the Chaine rooms next to us trying on the very dress. So I went and stole it from the change rooms after she'd gone. So, for those who haven't seen it, it's got long sleeves, it's off the shoulder, it was beautiful, had buttons down the back. Yeah, someone did ask why did I decide to have long sleeves during January with a lot of confused faces. I think it was a bold move considering the weekend before was nearly forty degrees. I was pretty nervous about it. Well, for those who were in Adelaide, it was perfect wedding weather. Yes, was degrees twenty five twenty six degrees, so it was actually perfect. I didn't sweat at all. It actually got a little bit cold in the night. So I felt very smug about that decision. Now, how did you know that it was the dress for you? Someone asked? Or it was actually really hard because when you tried the dresses on, I thought they'd have them all in different sizes, but the one I tried on was a lot bigger than I am, so I had to have it all pinned back, and it was really hard to imagine what it actually looked like. So I it was definitely the one I like the most, but I was kind of a bit on the fence. And then I had to make a really quick decision because apparently it took like six to eight months to actually get it made. Well, that was another question. Someone said, how far out from the wedding did you get the dress? And the general rule is you should start looking about a year before your wedding, So Amy and I have to start looking now that your big days overcame. Yeah, so we got We had a look in March, and then I made the decision after going to three different shops, and then we ended up getting it altered a few like three three times a couple of weeks before the wedding. Now, obviously we talk about a lot of influencer weddings on here, Kate. Did you have any inspiration for your dress? Did you see it online anywhere? Was anyone else wearing it? Well? I saw a similar one on Marquez Bridle and that's what piqued my interest on Pinterest. But I actually was scouring the designer's page trying to find someone else in it to make sure it looked good, and they just had a photo of it on the mannequin, and I was getting nervous because I had bored it, and then I was having second thoughts like oh did I rush into it? But I actually ended up really loving it on the day. I think that's pretty normal. I feel like everyone has a bit of a freak out because there's so much online, so much inspo. When the second you lock yours in because it is a very long time until your wedding. What did you think of the dress? Race? What was your reaction when you saw it? Was it what you're expecting?
Speaker 2: I had some thoughts about it because while practicing our Dan's Kate gave away some clues. But you know, overall, it was a beautiful dress and they did very well, and she looked very stunning in it. Right.
Speaker 1: I kept askings to guess what it looked like, and I stupidly slipped up in front of his friends and said it had a slit in it. So I don't know. I don't think you were expecting some sort of traditional bulk on fairy princess dress.
Speaker 2: No, no, it was very new.
Speaker 1: Now where were the shoes from Kate? They were from Steve Madden. I actually got them on Revolve. I think they've all sold out because I got them for like one hundred and ten dollars, so they were a bargain. What about the bridesmaid's dresses. We got a lot of comments on them because I think it was sort of a color that not too many people have done before. So the bridesmaids dresses were from Pilgrim. It was really lovely. They reached out and asked if I liked any of their dresses, and they said, no pressure if you don't. So I put it to you guys, and you really liked the Marley gown and coral, so they kindly gifted them to us. It was the only thing that we actually had gifted for the wedding. We did pay for everything else. They were really flattering. I think that's what we were all worried about. When you have silk gowns or satin gowns, there's always that element where they might be slightly unflattering. But these were amazing. I have to say though, I think the secret weapon was skims. We had a long time searching for some skims and they were great on the day. Yeah, I had mixed reviews about skims, but they were so good and they're actually really comfortable. They looked tiny when you get them out of the packet, but yeah, they were really good and I loved the color. So the color was coral, and I don't know that it just all went together really well. I was a bit nervous of how things would come together, but it looked really good. The color palette and Reese, where was your suit from?
Speaker 2: Oh? Thank you? Yeah, finally measure for the boys. So I got mine and all the guys suits from Beggy Pardon.
Speaker 1: Beggy Pardon, what was that called?
Speaker 2: Michael from Beggy Pardon's in the City. One of the best, top notch has some amazing fabrics, so we got to choose from and we ended up getting your dad's suit there as well.
Speaker 1: Now, Kate's been ragging on you for a while on this podcast about not going down the traditional path of having a black tuxedo, but I have to say I thought the suits were amazing. I feel like it all tied in so well with the color palette. Did you end up liking it, Kate? Oh, I love them. I love the blue color. I was nervous because Reese, originally before we got engaged, we were talking about weddings and he said, do you have a dress picked out? And I was like no, But he had a suit picked out and it was kind of a purply marone patterned suit, so I was he might pick something like that. But I love the blue color. It's my favorite color and it did go really well together, which I was surprised about because I thought it might look quite bad together. Weren't you're going to go for a brown suit as well? Until everyone said you look like mister bean.
Speaker 2: It was mentioned of it that was quickly down tent.
Speaker 1: No. It rees looked amazing. I was very impressed. O kay, you had quite a mane on you. I loved your hair. A good friend of ours, Marianne, she did it. She's been doing our hair for years. A lot of people asked, was that your real hair or were they hair extensions or were they permanent hair extensions? Look, it was obviously not my own hair. I have very thin natural hair, so I had hair extensions, some sitting pretty halo extensions, so it's like a non permanent extension. They're not you know, at the moment. But no, I love them. They were really comfortable during the day, surprisingly, And someone did say, were you worried about them being visible? Or I was because when I walked down the aisle, my dad accidentally stepped on my veil and it popped out, and I thought for a second that it had taken the hair extent with them. That was Someone did ask whether any mishaps on the day, and I think that was probably the biggest mishap because you were kind of umming and ring as to whether you wanted a veil in the first place. And I feel slightly guilty because I was on veil duties. But to be fair, when we rocked up to the ceremony in the big van, which we'll get into in a second, I noticed you had a black speck of makeup or eyeland or something on your face. So I was more concerned rushing back to the car to get makeup than what was happening with your veil. Yeah, we were so proud because we actually arrived two minutes early, and everyone was raising us, saying because we run late to everything, that we would be late. And then all of a sudden, we're about to start walking, and so it's like, you've got something black on your face, and I was like, for fuck's sake, and Dad's just stressing. Well, after he stepped on the veil, we tried to put it back in, and it was quite windy during the ceremony and it blew out again. So I was so paranoid it would emerge from the bush because I ended up having to just tuck it into the plants. Oh is that? But I was so worried because you pay money for a veil and then I'm like, you can't even use it, and it's getting real. Well, you guys can use it for your weddings if you want, maybe just secure it with a few more pins. But I think it would have been blowing around the whole ceremony and annoying me. So anyway, it wasn't a big deal. As my friend Owen said, apparently, if something goes wrong during the wedding, then it means not going to have any issues during your marriage. I feel like it's on the tension though as well, because you know what, it gets all a bit serious and it's like it's a real day. I mean, you only see people's highlights in the videos. Yeah, we also had our two dogs, Shadow and Sunny there, and we had a dog handler from ard Pause who was incredible. But we'd only given Sunny some sort of sedatives rather than Shadow, like Shadow will be fine, and he was just like jumping about and well that was probably another mishap because my partner brown And was doing some behind the scenes filming and he captured the moment that Sonny decided to Oh, you can probably tell the story you were there she did a poo right before the ceremony.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, just as we arrived, like it just happened, so you could smell it from a mile away. It was lovely.
Speaker 1: Well, there was like fake grass around that area and they had to bring out a bucket and a mop, so.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Maximillion's proof clean that up.
Speaker 1: Now. A lot of people wanted to know, Reese, did you cry when you saw Kate walking down the aisle.
Speaker 2: I didn't cry when she walked down the aisle. I was just more probably in awe of what she looked like. But yeah, no, there's plenty of teas coming along.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I remember walking down and I was rattled after the whole veil incident, and I was trying to pull myself together. And then I was like, hang on, Reese didn't cry. I was a bit like upset that you didn't cry. And then during your vows the waterworks came out, so I was like, Yes. A few people wanted to know about the vowels, and the vow's pretty cute. Do you guys want to give an insight?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, we made a choice to create our own vowels, which for us is special. But for some that don't have a master's of journalism, it was quite difficult.
Speaker 1: So I know yours, yours so good. You should have a master's in journalism. Hard writing. I feel like you're very in touch with your feelings when you write stuff, whereas we're a bit like try and make things funny. I know Reese was like saying I wouldn't be emotional at all, and I did have a tear in my eye during his vows, But then I had to pull it together because I went, second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what.
Speaker 1: What what are you gonna say?
Speaker 2: Just a hard person to make cry.
Speaker 1: I did have tears in my eyes, so you could see it, could you not. I thought i'd be a mess because I for some reason, like because I've been so excited for the wedding when I go to sleep, I was like sort of picturing what it would be like. But I think I only got teary when the mention of our all of our grandparents happened. That's when I sort of had a little tear. And I think it's different for the girls because you've been getting ready all day. So we started getting ready at what seven am a am? And it was almost felt more like a performance. Because you're all done up. You don't want to ruin your makeup. Yeah, and I'm not very emotional in front of crowds. I mean, I don't like public speaking either, so I just was a not to look at anyone. You mentioned Love Island during your speech, I feel like you've got to tell about that.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I wanted to make it a bit more fun as well, So in the vow, like in terms of making promises, I said that Reese could watched all the basketball he wanted, as long as he watches Love Island with me. And it's good timing because the Winter Editions just started, so after Ginny and Georgia were going to start bringing that. What song did you guys end up choosing for the ceremony? We went with when You Say Nothing at All by Ron and Keating. We had a singer their James Terrence, who did a really good job. All the other ones we had all the other ones. We had Dreams and we had Ellie Goulding. Yep, that was when we walked back down. Is that still falling for you? That's the title, isn't it. Yeah, we had a couple of other ones. Someone did ask us how many Taylor Swift songs we had playing at the wedding. There was quite a few. It was mainly you Belong with Me. We had that performed live, and then we also had that when we walked out. We did get a few questions about what song the bridesmaids and groomsmen ended up walking into. Was quite cool because Reese and Kate met through work, which where they worked at the thirty six is obviously a basketball club. So you guys had this really cool MC. I can't remember his name, if you want.
Speaker 2: To give me Downtown Alan Brown.
Speaker 1: So he's the court announcer. Is that it? Yeah, the court announcer for the thirty sixers. So we had a basketball style themed entry and the girls ended up walking in or running in or whatever they wanted to do, dancing into Hanson's Where's the Love And it was so funny because we're all standing waiting. Pip, Kate's bridemaid was one of the first to walk in and she just pulled this dance out of nowhere. She's a professional dancer and was so funny. We were like, holy fuck, what are we going to do after that? Like we can't outdo that? Yeah, Well, the photographer was very taken by Pip because, as you said, she's a professionally trained ballerina, and she's like wow when she walked down the aisle, I was just like in awe and mesmerized by her, and we're like, wow, she's a dancer. She's like, oh, that makes a bit more sense. Someone wrote in saying that they loved that we arrived in a relatively normal car. Now this was your idea, Reese.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had a look at getting some cars through different supplies and that sort of side of things. But you know, when we put it all together for about what twenty minutes drive altogether, it was pretty hard to come up with that amount of cash. And we decided to get an eight seat to get the boys around all weekend, and then you know Kate being disorganized for the wedding what and you know Kate's decision to steal it on the day as well and get Dale Amy's partner to drive and do that was was actually quite good and just probably normalized what we actually do.
Speaker 1: I think it was a great idea though, because it was really fun having everyone in there and it was quite spacious. I had Mum and Dad on either side of me, and the bridesmaids were in the back and we had a bit of a sing along to You Belong with Me, and it was probably one of the funniest moments of the whole day because even our dad was joining in, like how does he know the words?
Speaker 2: Poor dar? I'm sure it was a slightly different drive than the boys of the ceremony.
Speaker 1: Well, all your beers were left in the car. My mum was absolutely clinging onto my hand. She started getting teary as we got into the car. It was very cute. Yeah, I reckon it was my favorite part of the day as well, because I think that sometimes the drive can be a little bit somber and everyone's nervous, but I feel like everyone rose to the occasion and just made it fun. I reckon, I'm going to have to hire one of these minibuses too for mine, because it was just fun to share it with everyone, because I know sometimes it's just you and your dad, but I think it kind of helped curve a few nerves for you. Perhaps. Let's get into the reception, because I was blown away by how incredible it looked. You guys had it at Maximilian's, which is atver Done in South Australia and the flowers, I think they stole the show. Oh my gosh. I was very nervous about the flowers because I've obviously never planned a wedding and our friend has a friend who is a florist, and of course her wedding flowers were amazing, and so we booked her in her name's Adele and business is called The Lost Florists, and I would highly recommend her. She dropped the flowers off around ten a and it just got me so excited for the day because they were just so much better than I ever expected, so much better than the Pinterest board that I had created. I think what was good about them is I haven't really seen too many people have that exact color palette. So it was lots of blushes and corals and even a bit of yellow and orange and there it was so pretty. And then your bouquet was all white roses. It was enormous. You did such an incredible door. I couldn't get over it because I was expecting it to be smaller, and it just blew my mind how big the bunch of flowers were. It was incredible. I did copy Steph Clere Smith's color palette. I know you're saying it was very unique, but it wasn't. And because I don't have thirty three million dollars like Steph Clere Smith, I was like, yeah, just substitute some of the premium roses out. I mean, there was still so many roses. But I was shocked at how similar it actually looked to Stamps. I was so happy with it. You guys also went down the route of having the long tables. There was lots of gold fairy lights and the food was amazing. Yeah, someone did ask saying they wanted to know all the details about the food. So I can't quite remember exactly what the meat eaters ate because I had a vegetarian meal which was like a barada salad and stuff zucchini leaves. You guys had like basically meat and chicken. But it was a bit fancier, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely. We went up a couple of months before and had a fuel food tasting which was up my Ali, so that was great. And yeah, we ended up choosing a pork and salmon alternate drop for entree, and then a beef and chicken alturna to drop as well for dinner, which was sublime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, recently got pulled away just as the mains were being served and he had been really looking forward to his steak, but the kitchen nicely put them away for us. But it was so funny. We went to take our sunset photos and our photographer Megan Coles, who was also incredible, and our videographer Kelly from KMS Vision. They took us to this abandon I'd tell you, you'd call it a field on the side of the.
Speaker 2: Road, probably not an abandoned but well not abandoned.
Speaker 1: But they're like, we're empty. They're like, we're not sure this public or private property, but let's have a go. And there was this massive fence, probably what nearly taller than me alright, being.
Speaker 2: Melodramatic, melodramatic, it was like, you know, just below shovel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're like, oh, do you feel comfortable, you know, climbing over the fence. And I was a bit taken aback because I'd had no idea how I was going to do it, because my dress was pretty tight and my arms are really restricted in terms of because the dress was off the shoulder, I barely could lift them above my head. So Reese kindly helped me across the fence and we took the best photos there though, like I've only seen a few of them, but I think it was worth it. You guys haven't even touched on the gelati. I feel like that was a real standout feature. I loved it. Oh yeah, So originally when we met with our wedding planner at Maximilians, He's like, I'm going to be honest, no one wants to eat your bloody wedding cake. So originally we were going to have a big cake, but we went with one of those retro eighties nineties cakes and I loved it so much. It was from Little Lil's Bakery. And then we ended up having gelati, as you said, from Jelatissimo, and they were so great. We had a bit of a competition about who would pick the best favors. Frere rash Air was what I picked, and it was gone well it was. The other pick was mint Chock and that probably was the least popular.
Speaker 2: But it's a surprise surprise, but a lot of.
Speaker 1: People came up to me and raved and said they were so excited it was there. And we also have some Jelati to collect later, and I like chop mint, so that's left. Well. I loved it though, because it was this cute little cart so when people were hungry they could go up and have some ice cream. It wasn't like, here's your bowl of ice cream and light throw it at you. It was very cute. I hope no one was throwing ice cream. I think the speeches were another favorite part of mine, not just because Amy and I gave us not such double brag there. Yes, I enjoyed the other speeches because you guys had your parents speaking and then the best man and maids of honor. Yes, we did. The speeches were really good. I think they set the tone of the night. A lot of people came up and was like, oh, we just loved how personal they were and also how funny they were. So Mum and Dad really blew me away with their speech. It was full of like lovely anecdotes and it's weird to see our dad get emotional. He's a man of few words usually, but he really rose to the occasion, as did Mum. When I gave my speech at the end, which someone did ask did Kate end up actually finishing writing her speech? Because you shared a little snippet from behind the scenes of me saying I hadn't written my speech yet. I have a story about why I didn't finish writing my speech. So it was my last thing to do. And Sophie has decided to wear contact lenses in the last couple of weeks, and well, your wedding, so i''s have to see. So she got her nails done and she asked to get a very small tip on them. However, it wasn't exactly what you wanted. It's quite a large to have clause at the moment to be removed. So basically she was struggling to get a contact lens out. It got to one am and she still couldn't get it out, and we were sharing a room and I was trying to, like, I was like, the fuck, just get it out, and I was trying to like get my fingers into your eye and pull it out. And then I was like, I kept telling Kat, you're actually really hurting me. Going blonde, kept going on how painful it was, and then I looked into her eye and it wasn't even in there. It had come out. I know because you took an hour to try to get her so it must have popped out without knowing. Yeah, that was a nice way to end the night anyway. So I blame you because I actually forgot to thank the bridesmaids in the speech, so I'll publicly thank you guys now for everything that you did for me during the wedding process. But well, Dad lost it during your speech, so he must have done all right. Like he was actually full on crying. One of our family friends was trying to catchize with us, being yeah, God. I looked up and I was like, what's going on because I didn't think I said anything that amazing in it, but yeah, it really got to him. And then when we did a dance later, I was like, Dad, were you crying? He's like, no, your parents and brother did a beautiful speech as well. This was very touching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. I think Dad went first for us and that was it was pretty good because he's such a business like man like, he's done plenty of speeches before in front of a lot of people, and he sort of went off script a little bit, which was nice. He hasn't done that a lot, so you know, he loves kid and he wanted to I guess share how much he does. And you know, Mum was on the opposite. She's all emotion and for her to get through that was sad was pretty special as well.
Speaker 1: Their speeches are beautiful. That's the thing. It is such an emotional day because you always think about the people who aren't there with you, and I think that you're focusing so much on the day. But then when you're there talking about everyone, I think that's when all the emotions start pouring out. I did enjoy Ryan's speech. He made a great joke about so everyone says that Reese is very chatty in work situations and that's probably why we you know, we met at work, but he's very quiet outside of work. And Ryan said that now that we're married, we can have our own spin off podcast called Unspoken, which I thought was pretty clever. He's starting, is correct? Oh? I know, yeah, you only say correct. Well, he's starting his podcast career now, so you know, let us know, do you want a spin off Cooled Unspoken? Unspoken? I think you're speaking quite a lot now if you can get a word in with us. And of course Sophie and Amy. I was a bit nervous when you guys did your speech because there were some disagreements about if it was appropriate. You kept having a fight with Amy in front of me about you coming up with some zinger lines. And I thought it was going to be a complete roast, and I was correct. It was a roast. But I really enjoyed it. I was just nervous because I didn't know how you took it.
Speaker 2: No, it was great. I loved it. There was some good one liners in there that some people in the audience definitely got as well. So it was good for all.
Speaker 1: And what about the dance, because Kate's been a bit nervous. You have been trying to give Kate some dancing lessons. How did they go? Well? Just to put it into perspective, Reese and his family are or like a grade dancers. His brother is a professional dancer. What was that? What was that show? Ryan was on?
Speaker 2: So you think you can dance?
Speaker 1: Yes? And then pip as I was saying, his partner is a professional ballerina and you, I mean you were a former stripper in your day. I'm just joking. Reese is very good at dancing. I think all the outspoken listeners saw him doing the worm recently. Yeah, I was waiting for you to pull that one out.
Speaker 2: It's hard to do to Hanson or s Club seven.
Speaker 1: I know reeswere were you on the dance law because we were all having a good time and you were nowhere to be seen.
Speaker 2: Just keeping the guests happy. You know, someone's got to do it.
Speaker 1: But what did you think of our first dance? Because we ended up practicing what four days out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm trying to get her to practice probably a couple of months out, and she's like, no, No, that's your job, that's your job. It's like no, but you've got to actually join me in dance. So I went to a few YouTube tutorials just to see, just to see what I can do. Night one was probably the funniest experience in my life trying to get this robot to dance. We had two dogs just staring at us, going what is happening? So yeah, no, it was good fun. We pulled it together somehow. I don't know if anyone saw I was whispering, not some sweet nothings, but some dance steps and one then two.
Speaker 1: You guys did well. Though I was impressed, I was standing quite far away, but I didn't get much feedback from it, so I didn't know if it was awful, and I did ask the videographer. I said, look, before you feel it, is there anything you can do to make it look a bit better, any special effect? She said she'd just put it on slow mo. But Pip kept saying to me after, oh my god, Kate, you had the most perfect face for when you were dancing. I don't know what face I was playing. I surprised it wasn't resting bitch face, because that's usually what you have when you concentrated. Well, I just had resa at one, two three. I did stuff up the spin in at the end because it was meant to be a bit of a dip. But I was very nervous about ripping my dress and also just dancing in front of people because it never happens well our dad, because you guys didn't have the traditional daddy daughter dance where there's like a separate song. You had Reese, you had your mum come in and then dad came in, and the whole lead up that we kept saying to Dad, I think you got to practice your dance. What are you going to do? And he kept saying He's going to do a putuzzi. I don't even know what the fuck that is. But he definitely just did a normal dance and it was quite sweet. I feel like we need to mention the bouquet toss as well. We did have a florist asking us if we did a bouquet toss because she was saying it kills her when so much effort goes into the bridal bouquet and it's just thrown around. I did get a bunch of fake flowers from my gear because I didn't want to lose my flowers. And I did tell my cousin's girlfriend, Look, she's a six foot two netballer. I said, look, stand directly behind me and just hip and shoulder everyone out of the way and leap up to grab it. But you and Amy joined the crowd, even though you're engaged if you're not married yet, but you were engaged out of it anyway, but we were trying to make up the numbers. Anyway. You ended up catching the bouquet. So what happened was Kate throws it back. I was literally sort of just standing, you know, kind of close to you in the middle. Wasn't really going for it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: I saw that he and the bouquet hit the roof, and then I just went forward and got it. But I felt like a bit of an asshole because did you catch it or pick it off for the ground? No, I caught it. I felt like an asshole.
Speaker 2: While elbows out my stairs.
Speaker 1: Well, I saw my little second cousin who's like eighteen s Dowdy next to me, and I thought, holy fuck. I hope I did not push her over. So I quickly gave her the bouquet flowers and she was thrilled about that. But then afterwards Amy, she had this huge cut down her arm. Yeah, because apparently it did get a bit in there. The fingernails were coming out, like yeah, I know, people getting scratched up. But it's funny because I feel like there is some truth in it because I caught the bouquet at my friend Owen's wedding. It was five years ago, but I am the first to get married out of that whole group of girls. We know what, though, maybe it's a sign that Amy should move a wedding after mine now that I've caught the bouquet. Maybe that was a bit of a fuck you over the whole issue. Well, someone did ask us it was there any it was there a race to be the first married? And is there any competition around weddings? I think so could just answer that competition around it. But even like some of our interstate guests when they were like when you're in Amy's dex and one of them's like, oh, it's a bit close to come over both. Oh, they have to pick which one they love more. For me, it wasn't a race. I just got engaged first. No burn there or anything. But I mean we were together for the shortest amount of time, so is another burning. That's just a message for Dale and Brandon. You know, someone did ask they wanted to know more about Kate's ring and how you selected it because you brought your good friend with you. I'd like to hear this too, because Reese was being really cryptic about it, which is very much like Reese.
Speaker 2: It doesn't sound like me at all. Yeah, I took a good, really good friend of mine, Carli along. She knows me really well. Yes, you know, wholesome pinterest. A little bit before it's to my shock, we went into Class A Jewelers and we saw the amazing Daniel there. He picked out sort of two rings that might suit, and I pretty much instantly said, yeah, that one is fantastic. It's pretty much when I was looking at beforehand. Carli definitely agreed. So yeah, no, actually, overall it was pretty easy and I'm lucky probably I hopefully got it right.
Speaker 1: No, I loved it. I was very excited. I remember you opened the box when you proposed, and I was just like blinded by bling, and I was I was just just all shocked because I remember having a fear that I wouldn't like my engagement ry, not from you, but just in general, like Amy had a dream. I remember that Dale got her an Opal No offensive, anyone likes Ople's. But no, I was so thrilled with it. And then we got our wedding bands from Brandon's uncle who was a jeweler. So and they're amazing. You've got a little diamond.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had a little bleaning got so much bling on their ring.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't even know the name of Brandon's auntie uncle's jeweler. Is it Urban I believe it's Urban Craft. So they're in Brisbane. And they were amazing. They did everything over email and they even sent us the rings before we paid for them and they just like arrived. I'm like, do you want us to send you some money? They're probably not usually that trusting to non relatives. I hope not. We did have a lot of questions from brides to be about advice. So what is your best advice for those who were sort of starting the planning process? Now? I did ask Reese for some input in this one, but I joked like I planned the whole wedding, which was an on running joke. During the wedding. He did organize the cars, and he did have a job to bring sparklers, but they.
Speaker 2: Was forgotten and the suits suits.
Speaker 1: I want to ask the listeners, I have to butt in here. Okay, you don't use talk like this in the podcast. I feel like this is your very loved up sort of like really your little like baby voice with Reese, is it? I think so? I think everyone's going to be shocked that, like, where's that girl who's just like what you about stuff? We're talking about our wedding? Yeah, okay, there it was. I hear a bit more of the novel voice, but we're usually screaming to each other during the podcast, and he's open eye. There's no fights currently because Reese is here, well, my best behavior. Yeah, So my advice would be to create a Google doc sheet and have all of your info in one document. So when I started getting quotes from suppliers, I had a tab for save venues, you know, different things, and then have your budget in there. And I think it's important to work the budget out first, because I was pretty shocked at how much weddings cost, Like I'd always heard they're expensive, but so only when you start getting quotes that you're like, holy shit. So it's really good to be able to track the budget. And I found setting the dates of when things would do was really helpful. And then I would suggest joining a Facebook group called wedge shed, so they it's in a national group in Australia and everyone just posts their inspo and have different questions in there, and I found it really useful. And then I mean I'd spent time on Pinterest, but I actually found webshed the group a lot better. I think it's because it's real people in there, so it's not these influencers or celebrities who have unlimited budget. It's actually what real people have done. Yeah, there was another question about what were some things that you could you can do cheap or maybe when you are in a budget. I suppose the car is probably one of them. Yeah, for us, I mean it depends if you're a car person. Like we weren't car people, and spending a couple of ground on cars wasn't really a priority for us. My other suggestion is to for like the wedding stationary so for your invites and envelopes to use Etsy. So we bought just a really cheap template. I think it ended up being forty dollars for a template for like the seating plan invites menus, and we ended up using that. But then I organized it to get printed at Peterkin Paper, so they're a Western Australian business, and they were so good. I literally emailed this woman probably like fifty times asking her different quotes on papers, because that was one thing that I was shocked at. I think I spent the most time in terms of planning trying to work out what colored paper to use for the invites. I suppose it sets the tone of what the wedding's going to be. I think what you guys did really cleverly as well was you didn't do is it bomb and areas. Is that what they're called. You didn't do like the little gift because I feel like no one even ends up taking the gift. And I thought it was clever because on the menus you had the person's name, so then you're not having to spend extra money on a name tag that's going to go missing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, because even though we did the Etsy ten plates, printing is really expensive in paper, so it was good to do have menu and name tag all in one. Another tip would also be with the seating plan. We had people dropping out the week of of course, when we had just paid the bill and the seating plan changed quite a few times in that week, and if we had purchased one of those really flash seating plans, I would have been really annoyed. So we ended up just getting a poster of it printed from Office Works and putting it in a frame, and we also did the same for our welcome board, and I think it still looked effective, Like I was happy with that. I mean, no one really gives a shit about those signs, I do. They blow over most of the time, and now we can use the frames again. So is there anything that you guys regretted on the day or think that you do differently personally. No, I was just shocked. How I did make a comment to you guys in the car before the ceremony. I'm going to regret it, but things are running so smoothie like. The morning was really relaxed. I actually had a really good time. I'd heard of people just stressing, but Marianne, our hairdresser, and Tire the makeup artists, were just like machines that were getting everyone done so quickly, and we had a really nice breakfast and just all were hanging out. We have to hear about the boys morning, so I haven't gone into that. I think it was very different because to set the scene, we were all staying at this incredible retreat in Sterling, which is up in the hills. It was like this old manner. It was just surrounded by all these beautiful trees and plants and everything, and you guys, all the boys were in sort of like a sectioned off area which wasn't quite as nigh out here. We got there first, and we did so I got the bridal sweet. I would say. It was a massive room with a king sized bed. There was this insane walking wardrobe, that's made me very depressed to go back to my built ins and it had an epic bathroom. I have to give you a big thank you so for you and Amy and the other bridesmaids for organizing the beautiful balloons. He really set the scene. But yeah, you guys had you still had a nice area.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that was amazing for us.
Speaker 1: When we saw the other side of the house.
Speaker 2: To day, Yeah, yeah, I didn't get the king sweet, but that's all right, No, it was good. We were super stressed. Now for us, it was super cruisy. The Sterling golf Club was right next door, so we played around of nine holes with nine guys on the friday, which is the funniest thing I've ever seen. Right, nearly killed all of us, my best man and brother, so none of us nearly turned up to the wedding.
Speaker 1: How did he do that?
Speaker 2: He managed to hit a golf ball backwards. I don't know if that's actually possible, but it did say.
Speaker 1: That was just kept that quiet. You didn't hear about that. Just I mean, I know Ryan listens to the podcast and he got a little bit offended Amy and so well, Amy's not here. But when you guys said that you didn't know any of the bridal party, and I see, I would like to put that into perspective. I said I didn't know any of the grooms, meant and he was the best met I love right, and he's my new brother as well now, so shout out to Ryan. I also love Pip. I just want to steal her as my sister too. I know I think Pip's got three sisters now, if she likes it or not. But yeah, how did you guys go in the day of because we heard there was a lot of sitting around. You made a beautiful platter of fruit.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, it all started with a little spoon with each other because we had to sleep together in the same only two and two.
Speaker 1: But on Friday I get it's a message and I've literally written this full on itinerary. You know, I've got a map of the retreat for Reese to give the boys and it says like who's in each room? And I asked you you're happy with you know, do you want seven in your room? Or who do you want? And then I get this text, Oh where are the other rooms? Or like what's going on? Do you each have a room? But there's only six bedrooms you meant to be sharing.
Speaker 2: We were all happy to caudle. So yes, after that it was cruzy. So we went to Stirling to have some brecky. Then we went went got some fruit because you know what do you do that day off?
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, we had so much fruit you could have had needed it.
Speaker 2: Nice and fresh for the boys. Yeah. No, we got back and we just chewed out for a little bit. Videographer and photographer came in for us, which was like super cruisy.
Speaker 1: Do you have a hilarious moment with the photographer?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, Meghan after our group shots in the in the lounde room. Meghan unfortunately for her because the boys picked up on it and said, Reese, you're gonna get your pet and Reese do you want to go get your portraits done? And oh, can you just follow me into the bedroom? So all the boys picked up on that for sure. I was like, oh, well I was getting married now. So that was a bit of fun during the day and relaxed everyone. So that was good. And then look, we watched them MBA and then you know, we were planning to leave about three thirty, so we all got ready about three twenty and hopped into the bus and wet. Good to go.
Speaker 1: So did you have your Did you originally get into the suits for the photos and then get out of them again?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, so that was easy.
Speaker 1: It was funny you say that about the bedroom photos because the videographer and photographer we're trying to get so they told the girls, can you go get into your dresses? And it was literally trying to to herd cats like you guys were just cats. Yeah, because it's impossible to hear them. Is that that's the same thing, Yeah, it is, okay. Anyway, you made it very difficult. You guys were all off in your own little world and they go, oh, well, we'll take some photos of you in this bedroom with all the balloons. Can you haven't even said what the balloons were. I got these balloons it spelled out bride to be, and then I got all of these helium balloons. I also almost died heading up to this retreat because I had I think it was fourteen balloons in the back of my cart. I drive a tiny Masda too, and I also had no natural but I couldn't pull over and stop because I was worried that the balloons would explode in the heat. So yeah, it was a dicey It was a dicey walk way back to the recovery. I very much appreciate it. It did look like a Pinterest photo when I went into the room, and so the photographer liked and she goes, so just get up onto the bed, and then it was like yeah, Kelly, well yeah, and her there was a male photographer of videographer two that was helping out, and they're like, yeah, so can you just like pull the balloons down and bounce around with them for a bit. And I'm like, oh my god, I hope the photos turned out okay, I've got no idea what they're going to look like. Also, in terms of your timings, it was quite funny because we were trying to go outside to take the bridal photos with the family and bridesmaids, and everyone's like, now, the boys are just about to leave, and it was just like this frantic communication back and forth because we were so worried you were going to see me. I kept screaming being like Brandon, where is res No.
Speaker 2: I was on a strict instruction to look forward and only forward.
Speaker 1: Oh so did you walk out when we were there no.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, I was under strict instruction.
Speaker 1: I want to give some advice as a bridesmaid, because one thing I would say as a bridesmaid is make sure there's lots of tape just in case for you and the bride. There was a fair bit of like booty tape going on. Yeah, even Mum Mum was like fretting about this tape. So I think you need to equip yourself with all the things that the bride might need. And you also, Kate gave us these really beautiful gifts the morning of. So the night before you gave us some slippers to get around in, and then the morning of you got us these really cute ring boxes from the Daily Edited. So it was very thoughtful and also a bit of a handwritten note. So it made up for the fact that we didn't get a mansion in the speech. Oh, I did personal cards for you guys. Someone did ask me about what rees got me, and it was very sweet because you delivered. You got the box delivered the day before. Pip came and brought on Friday night this big gold box from Peter Alexander and I was like, wow, how many pajamas are in here. It was a massive box. I didn't know they did gift boxes. It was heavy too, so more than pajamas in here. Yes, we were under strict instructions to open the Presence on camera, you know, capture those moments, so we were running out of time. So I felt very rude, but because I opened it up and there were so many beautiful things inside, but I had to do a really quick rate of the card and then pull them out. But Reees got me these amazing pink, silky Peter Alexander pajamas, which I love. Yeah, they're so nice. And then some gray slippers and a beautiful necklace from I'm gonna Swarowski. Don't say that right, that means generational. There's a symbol. This is very special. I felt bad I didn't wear it on the wedding day only because the neckline was very didn't suit it. And then Reese also got me a candle and a candle plate. I opened the candleplate before and all the videographers like, what is it? We like, we think it's a mirror. What did you get, Reese?
Speaker 2: Oh? Is that all you got?
Speaker 1: Oh? And the beautiful charm from Pandora, which had family on it.
Speaker 2: I learned from the showercuty incident.
Speaker 1: See. I feel so bad because Reese never listens to the podcast, but I think someone gave you the heads up. You listen to the podcast where I discussed the shower caddy for those who didn't hear that. One got me some beautiful gifts at Christmas, but one was a shower caddy and it did trigger me. I think I hadn't had much sleep that date, so and we haven't returned it yet. We need to get onto that. No, but I just want to get a different one of them. You can return the shower caddy. It just doesn't fit the shower I digress. Now, Reese, wad cake get you?
Speaker 2: So mine was pretty special, as you all probably know, we have two beautiful colnen a tree was Shadow and Sunny. So my present was a amazing sort of cuff link personalized box. I don't know what you'd call.
Speaker 1: It, oh the jewelry box. Yeah, some daily edit as well.
Speaker 2: It is a box, I guess. And then in there was two customized cuff links of Shadow and Sunny, which actually four little pieces of clay that I'm figuring molded that they look spot on. So very very special for me.
Speaker 1: Did you wear them at the wedding because I didn't notice them?
Speaker 2: No, my shirt didn't have any Caulf links, So yeah, no, I'll make sure I'll wear them for a special occasion, maybe some weddings coming up.
Speaker 1: It was pretty cute because you've got the same ones for dad, but you got our cats on them, and our cat, Lulu has recently passed away, so it made it a little bit more special that she was at least there in spirit. Yeah, they're so cute. I have to link in the show notes, maybe the person that made them on Etsy, because they're incredible and the service was so good. Someone else wrote in asking how many guests did you have? So we had ninety four I believe in the end, so it was a really good number. Another person asked, would you have preferred a smaller wedding. I didn't think it was a particularly big wedding. I mean, I originally thought we'd probably have about eighty people, but I think it was a perfect number. I hopefully got around to nearly everyone, and I think the vibe was just so good in there because we made sure we invited people that were legitimately close to us. Because I've been to weddings in the past where you feel like they've probably invited people that aren't as invested into them as you are. So yeah, did you think the guests were good?
Speaker 2: Rece Yeah, correct, got the number correct.
Speaker 1: What about the day? Everyone says that your wedding day goes super fast? Did you guys sort of try and soaker all in? It did go really fast? Like I when they said, oh, we're getting ready for your exit, I was shocked because I would have loved to stay longer. And I think that's why it was so good that we had the share accommodation with the bridal party, because it was really fun going back in the bus and having chats afterwards. But the day was just so incredible. I woke up the next morning just I feel like it's after the day that you take in all the special moments. But I mean, I think it was even though you know you missed out on having your meal completely hot, I think it was really fun going and doing the sunset photos together because I mean, we did have a team of photographers with us, but it was just nice to do something together because a lot of the day is just spending time with your bridesmaids or groomsmen, and you don't spend heaps of time together during the actual day. So but no, it did go so quickly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was the same. I think it probably dawned on me a little bit when Megan, our photographer when we went to the sunset photos, was like, so it's almost over, and you look at your watch and you're like, oh, yeah, yeah, right, we've only got like two hours left. And but yeah, little lots of little moments that make up a whole great memory. So it does go very quick. But it was a very special day.
Speaker 1: And that's why I think it's so important to have, if you can afford it, a photographer and videographer, because then you can always relive the moments. And I also think it was such a great idea that you guys had a recovery the next day, because I know that I wanted to catch up with so many people and hear their experience on the day, because like, quite honestly, not to pump up your tires, but it was the best wedding I've ever been to, and it's probably one of the best days of my life. It was so special.
Speaker 2: Into it.
Speaker 1: You did, though your speech was so cute. Everything was like really lovely and yeah, it was just very you guys, so it was special. Thank you. I'm very much looking forward to your weddings now because it's I think it's fun to be It's obviously fun to have your wedding, but growing up triplets, it's kind of daunting having I know it's two of us, but having a lot of tension on you not used to it. So I'm kind of looking forward to Reese's brother's wedding, Ryan and Pip's wedding in I think it's ten weeks now, and then Amy's in January next year, and then yours in March. You got an engagement party in there too, so it's going to be a fun time. I think this is a final question. Where are you guys heading off on a honeymoon soon or what's your dream honeymoon location? So we're not going on one soon. Reese's currently you're in season with the Adelai Lightning not playing. We did meet a neighbor the other day and Reese offered him Adelaid Lightning tickets. So those who don't live in Adelaide, they're the female professional basketball team, so reason why recent on the podcast to Plug the Lightning. Probably get your tickets head down Sport the Girls Saturday Night. Yeah. So, Reese is a general manager at Adelai Lightning and they're currently in season, so we can't go on a honeymoon, but I think we'd already planned to go sort of. I think in the middle of this year, try and get away from winter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think so. Unfortunately, Yeah, obviously I the busiest time of the year probably at the moment, but I'll get some time off in the middle of the year and hopefully Kate will as well. And I guess the spots we've been looking at it, I don't know, like Fiji, Singapore, maybe re experience and yeah, no, just a chance to get away for me, I want to do it properly. You know, you never know what is around the corner. So if we can, we can spend some special time together and not scrounge and that sort of stuff. And yeah, I do it really properly, go away and enjoy ourselves.
Speaker 1: I feel like kids was discussed a lot at the wedding. I know some people asked me if I was pregnant. I was like, did I look pregnant? No, you didn't look I'm not pregnant. For everyone wondering, not that I know it's very rude to ask. I know there were a lot of from your side in particular. Well, you made a comment to about kids. I mean, how dare you at our wedding talk about very presumptuously. Hopefully you get triplets as well, and you can just be as happy as I have heard. The older your eggs get, the more likely they are to split.
Speaker 2: So all right, so for off.
Speaker 1: Mama, bloody scramble. By the time I get mad, I've got some young sperm at all.
Speaker 2: Sort of Brandon does like scrambled eggs. Cook them.
Speaker 1: We do need to give Race a shout out. He was I think already. He got up at nine am to make everyone breakfast at the retreats. I think you've got a lot of brownie points for that. And I mean when I say breakfast, you did pancakes, bacon and eggs, mcmuffins sort.
Speaker 2: Of thingies, avocado and toast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very impressed. Yes, it was very young, and you raised the bar for husband's out there. Well, I think that's all we have time for. Thank you so much for joining us near brother Reese and thanks for joining us, Kate Turner, It's been a quite a fun episode. I know we might have to do us bin off Unspoken where we just talked about nothing. Now we will be back to regular programming on Friday, but it will be just be Kate and I our dream. We've always joked that we're just going to get rid of Amy, make it easier. Just that's harsh. No, definitely not Amy's Damie. Amy's an important part. But yeah, so we'll be back on Friday with regular programming. Now. This podcast was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Planes. We pay respects to Elder's pastor and present. Now, if you did enjoy today's episode, please make sure you share it with a friend. I'd love to see where you're listening from, and also follow us on Instagram. We are Outspoken, Unsquadedly Unisquaded podcast. Really God and the Last Week