Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: How was your weekend, Patsy?
Speaker 3: I put the Love God to task. We had a few things to do at the weekend, one of which was we do have a relatively new mattress on you know, like top mattress on our bed, and I didn't feel that it was firm enough. It's a little bit soft. It's not quite right, and you know what it's like when you're a brecky hours sleep is just so pivotal.
Speaker 2: I I don't like to I don't like that. Did you buy it?
Speaker 3: Support it? Why did I buy it?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: No, I did buy a firm version, but it's not quite I didn't feel it's quite firm enough. And you can get these inserts to put into it, can you, Yeah, which are extra firm like a.
Speaker 2: Wooden board on girl or something.
Speaker 3: It's not like a wooden board. It's just like a thicker sort of.
Speaker 2: I have never heard of it. Yeah, what do you inserting them under it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, this is the thing. So you had to like unzip all the layers and pull everything out.
Speaker 2: And I didn't even know you could go into the dummer. They didn't want us in there. You can't get in that thing. For good reason. We're not scientifically did it.
Speaker 3: It was like a game of operation. So I said to Chris, Now.
Speaker 1: Let's scalpels, white light over it, crash up, I said, Zipper, it's not springs, it's one of the.
Speaker 3: Phone we're down down in under on the very basis springs, yes, but then there's several layers of foam. How big is this mattress?
Speaker 2: Like a wedding cake with three tears?
Speaker 3: Well, usually when you get a mattress, you've got no business looking what's inside it.
Speaker 2: But they can't get in ours. I know there's any So.
Speaker 3: I said to Chris. We had to be in the right frame of mind, like we sort of try to weaken. I said, you know what, I don't think we're in the right frame of mind. This is a weekend of mind.
Speaker 2: Are you to go around operating on a mattress frames of mine? One can be and what is that report?
Speaker 3: You've got to have a clear mind and not be too tired, So we thought, okay, to.
Speaker 1: Work that does never ever, when are you're ever not tired or having a clear mind.
Speaker 2: To catch twenty two?
Speaker 3: Because you need sleep on the Good Matchore.
Speaker 2: This is the modern Sissyphus.
Speaker 3: So I said to Chris, Okay, let's just stop for a minute before we start, let's see where everything is, because it's all got to go back in exactly the same way like labels.
Speaker 2: See I'm guessing Chris is more like me, where it's all about momentum and let's get on with it. And Sarah's like, please, can we just not have a meltdown? And you go, oh god, that going.
Speaker 3: It's like a bullet a gate.
Speaker 1: Let's just get just get just get going.
Speaker 2: Time to take photos. We're not on the FBI.
Speaker 3: At some point you convince yourself that the part is an extra bit, like, oh, they must have given this extra.
Speaker 2: It's just just like the appendix. Apparently it doesn't even do anything.
Speaker 3: Everyone needs one, so it's like five or six different bits. Anyway, So we've ripped out the old firm mattress put in the extra firm sort of it's like a foam layer. I don't know, maybe twenty third twenty centimeters maybe quite big anyway. But the trouble was was the last step, which was there was a zip right around the top of it, which sort of closed it all in, kind of sewed.
Speaker 2: It all in closing a big suitcase.
Speaker 3: Yes, And the trouble with that was they've stupidly put the zip right at the sort of bed head end of the bed, so to get your fingers down in there. Well, he had absolutely no hope, and I said, well, let me hold the torch. So I had the torch on my phone. He's like, that's really no help. That's not helping me. Took about half an hour because you had to, you know, line up the zip. You know, the zip's got it was anyway, so slept on it again.
Speaker 2: Another one.
Speaker 3: No, it's brand new. So anyway, slept on it for the first time last night. Now it's too firm.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: Like my organs were pushing up through the top of my body.
Speaker 2: You had, Chris, we're gonna have to go back in exactly. Oh my god. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast