Speaker 1: Come on, hey, you guys heard about the parties happening in Florida right now, under water parties.
Speaker 2: The cocaine sharks.
Speaker 3: Cocaine sharks, sharks off the coast of Florida. No joke, mich This sounds like a script to a movie. That have become addicted to cocaine because all the drug traffickers have like when they've got to abort their mission and throw their drugs overboard when they're going to be sprung, and the sharks have started to consume them, and now they're addicted and it's party central.
Speaker 4: They're they're dumping the cocaine in the ocean and the sharks are getting hooked on the coke.
Speaker 5: This is the sequel to Cocaine Bear that no one knew they needed or wanted, actually no one wanted to real life.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: They know this because the hammer head sharks, which are usually really timid sharks, have been attacking people, and then the great white sharks have just been swimming round and around in circles and talking to other people and then.
Speaker 4: The next day sleeping on their couch all day.
Speaker 5: It's like all of the sharks have been hanging out in packs having big deep and m's.
Speaker 7: All right, well, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: On that note, everyone, Sonya Krueger is joining us nominee. Yeah, she's nominated for the gold. It's this weekend the Logies. We're all going to be there. Sonya's joining us next. We'll ask her all the big questions. Okay, get rid of gorilla?
Speaker 8: You got your dress?
Speaker 4: Mitch?
Speaker 7: I did I got a frock?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Skin tight bab.
Speaker 4: Sonya krug is joining us next here at the pickup for your Wednesday. By the way, Taylor Swift's air As World Tour is coming to Australia. We have all your free tickets. We've got a full row of tickets to see Taylor for you and all your friends. And it's yours to win. Coming up here at the pickup. It's the pick up Wednesday afternoon, Britt, Laura and Mitch here or thanks to Chemist's Warehouse, rush in today for half price off the Bio Gland Vitamins range. It excludes Bolk sizes chemist Warehouse. I have great savings every day this weekend, Britt, Laura, you and I will be at TV's Night of Nights.
Speaker 7: It is the Logi.
Speaker 5: It surely is isn't it. But you know what, do you know who's going to be there and it's going to be even more exciting for them. Ellous, it's Sonya Krueger.
Speaker 2: Because she is a Gold Logi nominee.
Speaker 4: Oh she's here now to celebrate high Sonya.
Speaker 3: Hey, what up?
Speaker 9: Ladies High?
Speaker 4: Did you see Ladies and Laura? That's very funny. That's that's going to win you a gold Logie. Son You you're hosting Dancing with the Stars that we just had our Laura on. You do the Voice Australia. What else do you host? You probably don't big Brother?
Speaker 9: Yeah, big Brother's coming a little bit later in the year. Yeah. So but those are the three shows, which is good. It's the Trifector. I like it because they're all really different. You know, dancing is just fun. It's chambolick. Laura's probably told you all about it. Like we half the time, we don't even know what we're doing, but we just get through it. And the audience really seemed to love it this year, which was great. And the Voice is coming up. It starts next Sunday and it's a series and it's it's like The Jewel and the Entertainment Crown if you like in Australia. But the weird thing is, I don't think it's ever won a LOGI So I would like to encourage people to vote for The Voice, because it really is such an amazing show and the art is so incredible. So yeah, if you're going to cast a vote in that category, give send one to the to the Voice for sure.
Speaker 3: For me, if you like I was saying, like you're up for the cold load, I think you need to be propping yourself up here.
Speaker 8: How do you feel that this is so so nice?
Speaker 4: Do you?
Speaker 9: Somebody said to me the other day, did you ever dream as a kid, you know that something like this would happen? And like I where I grew up was quite sort of semi rural in Brisbane, south of Brisbane, and I was like, I dreamt of living on a Bitchman road, Like that's what I watched it, you know, a street that had curbing and guttering. And yes, dream big dreaming. So no, none of it feels real. It feels like I'm suffering severe imposter syndrome. I would I would say this one thing. I would love to see one of one of the sisters get it this year because it's been about seven years I think since the last woman won a logan that was carry Big Moore. So it would be great to see one of the girls get a LOGI this year, because you know, he's just a spice it up a little bit. I think Hamish almost wants to pay it forward, if you know what I mean, Like he's the odds on favorite, but I believe Hamish voted for me, do you know what?
Speaker 5: That's so arrogant though, when you're like, I have won enough things, I'll give it to someone else, it's worse.
Speaker 3: The time's going to come surely where you're like, I actually just don't want it anymore, Like give someone else.
Speaker 7: Well, hold on the.
Speaker 4: Nomine Julia Morris, Lee Sales, Mark Cole Smith, Sean macarliffe, and then you Sonya Krueger, Hamish Blake. Aside, who do you think is your biggest competition out of the lot?
Speaker 9: Oh gosh, if you go with Sports bet the betting agencies, it would probably be Lee Sales. I would really struggle to vote my self in this category because there are some great people in there, and they're all talented and very different ways.
Speaker 2: So wonderfully diplomatic answer to this.
Speaker 4: I saw you throw a boiled egg at Darryl Summers on Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 7: You can be brutal marble.
Speaker 9: I got into travel for that too.
Speaker 2: You know what are they going to do? So get off the stage. You'll give them Salvanella.
Speaker 3: Look, Sonya, you had some great hosting over the years with some great co hosts. Darryl Summers, we've got Chris Brown, now you've got Darren McMullen, David Campbell.
Speaker 2: We wanted to play a bit of a little.
Speaker 8: Game with you who's more likely?
Speaker 3: Now you can answer yourself as well out and yourself.
Speaker 9: Who's more likely?
Speaker 2: Who's more likely to forget to wear underwear?
Speaker 9: Daniel McPherson. Interesting, Maybe that would be a deliberatey. Leave them.
Speaker 4: Who's more likely Sonya to get upset when they realize that you're paid more than them?
Speaker 9: All of them?
Speaker 7: Yea, that's an experience we've all had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, who's more likely to be running late?
Speaker 9: I would say probably Darryl?
Speaker 8: Yeah, who's more likely to accidentally far in front of you?
Speaker 9: If you accidentally or on purpose purpose? So we're sort of speculating on who has the loosest thinker of all of the co hosts I've worked with, this is a question I've never been asked before. I want to give you this. I might plead the fifth and say, actually no, it would be me when I was pregnant and I was doing you know what's like achalance when you're pregnant, right, And when I was doing Big Brother, I was initially I was on the stage just on my own, right, and so I would just let Rick because I, you know, like sometimes you just can't help yourself and there's nobody around me. I'm on my own and I'm on this big stage. And then I realized I was holding my microphone read into that what you will?
Speaker 4: Wow, Well, that is the tallenge of Sonya Kruega, and that is exactly why she deserves the Gold LOGI this week and you can vote for sonyas dot com dot a u TV with Logis broadcast Channel seven seven plus on Sunday.
Speaker 9: Thanks son one more thing, just say one more thing. It's also if you even easier, just go to my Instagram page. Just go to son to the links there, just click on that give.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 7: All right, so we'll see you this Sunday. Okay, we'll be there. Good luck. We love you. We're back after this. You're on the pick up Wednesday.
Speaker 4: On the pickup, Britt, Laura and Mitch here head into chemist Sweare House today.
Speaker 7: You'll get great savings every day.
Speaker 3: I have some bad news for you lot, regarding your phones and what you do in the bathroom.
Speaker 8: Do you question take your phone to the toilet?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Every time.
Speaker 3: If they go hand in hand, number one or number two, it doesn't matter both really.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If I'm doing we just a quick.
Speaker 7: Slot on the unit, one hand on the phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And how long jacking you would spend on the toilet.
Speaker 5: I think controversially, people will probably agree with this. I use toilet time and phone time to get away from my children sometimes, so I will spend extra time in there if it means that I have a safe and protected haven with the door shut.
Speaker 8: Well, I have some bad news for you, Laura.
Speaker 3: A colorectal surgeon has come out saying it is very dangerous for you to be sitting on the toilet with your phone for longer than fifteen minutes.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: The reason this is is because a lot of people do want to escape their kids, Laura.
Speaker 8: A lot of people like you, Mitch, probably get stuck on the TikTok, swiping on the interwebs, on the Instagram, and you end up staying it for too long.
Speaker 7: He says.
Speaker 8: The act of sitting and straining as you scroll can cause hemorrhoids to engorge with blood, causing symptoms such as pain, swelling, and bleeding.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, is this doctor a man?
Speaker 5: Has he given birth to children because they're already there, doesn't matter about the straining.
Speaker 2: I had two children.
Speaker 3: I can't confirm if it's a man or a woman because their name is Karen, which could be a man or a doctor Karen.
Speaker 8: I cannot confirm that, Laura, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: To Karen's probably a woman. But I was gonna say I would say, we're going to talk about hemorrhoids. It's not from looking at my phone. It's from ocean to children out.
Speaker 8: No, they actually say.
Speaker 3: If you sit on the toilet and the number two is not coming in the first sort of five minutes, get up and walk away and get on with your day.
Speaker 8: Don't try and push it out, because that's where.
Speaker 7: The damage is.
Speaker 4: I sit there and I let it brew. I have a sometimes in my morning, I have a coffee and I sip it as it comes out. I can feel it go from my lower intention to my out I do.
Speaker 8: You're not alone.
Speaker 3: Nine out of ten people do it. But can I just tell you the most disgusting part. As the phone is in your hand right now, Laura Burn, there is more feces and germs on your phone. Listen on your phone, then the toilet seat and the flusher, and then you put that on your face. You don't put the toilet seat on your face. You don't go wipe your face along the toilet.
Speaker 5: I disagree because I would say, well, with science, you do have a history of that. Okay, I'm disagreeing because I mean I sit in a living room with my partner who farts all day long. There's just as much of those particles floating around my lounge room as what there is in the bathroom.
Speaker 8: That means they're on your face and you lunch, they're everywhere.
Speaker 4: We're briefing me in there, on your phone, they're on your butt, they're on your hand, they're on your kids.
Speaker 7: Don't touch anything nowhere is safe.
Speaker 5: Surely you just use a bit of hand sanitizer and wipe your phone down. But none of us do, but you could No.
Speaker 8: I've got those stats too.
Speaker 3: People only clean their phone once every six months, so you need to clean that bad boy.
Speaker 2: All right, I've got a bit of a hand sanitizer, kid, Look good. Now you can just du dun it.
Speaker 5: Now you can lick my phone everyone, but I will still take it to a toilet.
Speaker 2: This is not going to stop me. For me, this is the stop.
Speaker 5: It's the one time of day that I get to sit in peace and my children usually stand.
Speaker 2: At the door going mom, what are you doing? And I'll sit in there until someone makes me leave.
Speaker 8: You would copp a poo of the face to have that time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, be careful out there, guys.
Speaker 5: You well, you know what, it's pretty wild in my household at the moment. Matt forgot to tell me something. He had one job and he forgot to tell me a very important piece of information and it has truly blown things up in our house.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you about it soon.
Speaker 4: That's on my way the Pickup Wednesday. On the Pickup with Brent, Laura and Mitchia. Thanks to Chemists Warehouse rushing today for half price off the bio Gland Vitamins range, It excludes bolk sizes, chemist where house great savings every day.
Speaker 2: I want to know, has your partner ever forgotten something really really important?
Speaker 10: My name?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty important.
Speaker 7: Yep, what do you mean you mean name?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 8: I was just thinking one Yeah, you forgot my name for a hot second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where were you? What were you doing?
Speaker 8: I mean it was post quoital.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you're in the middle of a post quital cuddle and they said, excuse me, what your name?
Speaker 10: Did?
Speaker 7: They call you an excess name.
Speaker 3: I don't remember actually what the name was. I just remember I was like, it wasn't yours, it was.
Speaker 8: I blacked out after that.
Speaker 2: That is pretty bad. But the other night I was I was at home.
Speaker 5: I was in the middle of cooking a chicken dinner for my two children, who were not showered, who were not ready for bed. Everything was in the middle, in the middle of cleaning, in the middle of cooking, in the middle of organized.
Speaker 7: The witching hour is that what they call it.
Speaker 2: It was like seven pmsh. Yeah, the kids should have been in bed, but we're running a bit.
Speaker 8: Late peak hour in the household.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, all of a sudden, pooh, blackout everything's off, Like you know when you just feel the energy leave.
Speaker 2: Your entire house and you're like, oh, this is gonna be annoyed.
Speaker 5: Literally the energy, the energy has been sucked out of your house. The chicken's still there, like slightly simmering and simmering down. I was like, oh, oh, this is a disaster. We've got no cannons in our house, we've got no torches.
Speaker 2: It was pitch black, completely pitch black.
Speaker 5: Seven pm and I go I find Matt and I'm like, oh my god, babe, can you go out to the power box because it does it from time to time in our house, old house. Power box blows and he goes, um, I could, but it's not gonna it's not gonna do anything.
Speaker 2: The kids are screaming, the dog's scared. And I was like, what do you mean it's not going to do anything. And I was like, oh god, it's a real power at it.
Speaker 6: He goes, ah, I just remembered there was something I was supposed to tell you. So we Yeah, they're doing they're doing work on the street and the power is going to be out until the morning. I was like, I'm sorry, what and he was like, yeah, you would have gotten the notifications too, and I was like, oh, not, didn't.
Speaker 2: Definitely didn't. He had been contacted.
Speaker 5: Six times, six times by email, by text message.
Speaker 10: He had.
Speaker 2: It was even in the group WhatsApp chat. We have a street WhatsApp chat. I'm not in it, but that is because he's a really diligent neighbor.
Speaker 5: Everybody knew about it except our household was the only one who had forgotten, and we had nothing organized.
Speaker 8: I feel like you got one job, you know, and to keep the lights on.
Speaker 5: I mean no, he's got a few jobs, but yeah, it is one of his jobs to keep the lights on. Anyway, the house is an absolute mess. The poor kids, they're like tripping over lego, hurt themselves. I'm trying to get them in the shower. The hot water's not working.
Speaker 7: Theraw chicken.
Speaker 2: They're screaming the fine.
Speaker 5: But I want to know, what is it that your partners have forgotten that it's just truly ruined.
Speaker 4: What totally happened, like especially long term into into like five, four, six, seven years Jordan on thirteen one O six five.
Speaker 7: What did your partner forget?
Speaker 10: So my partner forgot to tell me that his visa is expiring in three weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, are you going to get married?
Speaker 10: Well, the day after he told me, we went down and signed the documents and got married.
Speaker 8: Oh oh my god, hang on a would you have married him if his visa wasn't expiring?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, of course.
Speaker 5: Okay, another question, should you be marrying someone who's that forgetful, because this is going to really come back to bite you in the ass when you're sitting in the dark at seven pm at night.
Speaker 10: Well, I mean it's fine, it's fine. It came back to bite me in the arts. In general, it cost We were both unemployed at the time, and it cost me eighty six hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Why did it toss you? Well, why did you pay this? You should not have to pay that. They should front that.
Speaker 10: So well, it gets worse and worse and worse. So both of us are unemployed. I was in the higher paid job that got unemployed, so I was the one that had the savings. And then obviously then the visa thing happens and there goes all the savings. But the worst part about it was about two weeks after we paid for it, he turns me and he's like, maybe I should have just asked my dad for the money.
Speaker 2: I reckon he should still ask his dad for the money.
Speaker 5: How long and how many warnings had he been given about the fact that his visa was coming to an end. I feel like it's one of those things that you should know about.
Speaker 8: I don't think it works that.
Speaker 3: I think it just works on the whole basis of like you're an adult and you remember that you're not allowed to be in the country anymore. Because I went over to the UK with a visa and I had a Canadian visa and no one reminded me that they were up.
Speaker 8: It was just like, oh, that's my two years up.
Speaker 4: Sometimes they send you on agricultural work, so Jordan' lucky you're not living on an orange farm out there.
Speaker 7: He is, Oh okay, Oh well that's that's ridiculous. Partners need to up their game. I feel likeness in general, hartness in general.
Speaker 5: I think, oh, no, we're allowed to have one or two things that we forget, but forgetting your visa's pretty bad.
Speaker 7: So bad, all right, we're done.
Speaker 4: If you missed any of the show today, we had Sonya Krueger on bless Her nominated for a Gold LOGI I hope she wins. I hope she wins too. For the logis this Sunday? You can catch up on everything on the podcast on the iHeartRadio app. Just search the pickup and when cold and flew strikes, as it is a lot at the moment Demeson gets it done, always follow the directions for use.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have Will and Woody driving your home today. We love listening to you boys. What do you got for us today?
Speaker 8: I'm perfect?
Speaker 3: Hugh Van Kyleenberg, Josh Van Kylenberg and Ryan Shelton one of the hottest podcasts in the country.
Speaker 7: They're going to be in the studio as they are every couple of weeks. Woods and Bo Ryan.
Speaker 4: Oh Yes, helping Rude Jude get red carpet ready? Yes, rud Dude, the seventy three old woman from Charliville who runs a bait and tackle store with a noughty corner.
Speaker 7: Can Bo help her get red carpet ready? For the logis which is this Sunday? She's going to be Woodi's day.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a good one without it from us guys.
Speaker 7: Cirero