Speaker 1: She's on the Money. She's on the Money.
Speaker 2: Hello, and welcome to that.
Speaker 3: She's on the Money radio show podcast, the podcast for millennials who want financial freedom.
Speaker 4: I wish you guys to do.
Speaker 5: The actual podcast if you're introducing.
Speaker 6: It like trap struggles every week, doesn't even don't get upset.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't even get paid for this, mate, and I've asked you just give me the line.
Speaker 5: And I've been telling you this whole entire time. It's good for your exposure.
Speaker 3: Thank you my profile. No, hey, I am Trav Roebuck. That is Victoria to Vine, Australia's number one finance podcaster, and Mitch Jury you're over there as well.
Speaker 2: Get it, mate, I.
Speaker 4: Don't have like a number one anything.
Speaker 7: What do you think i'd be number one at Victoria joking traps ego.
Speaker 2: Number one.
Speaker 7: I'll take Uber Eats. I actually will take that. I ordered it reach three times on the weekend. By the way, Victoria didn't even didn't take your advice.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, so did I. I ordered breakfast and then I ordered chips in bed.
Speaker 5: I was so unwell after doing the show that I was just like, I'm going to bed. I ordered a diet coke.
Speaker 6: And some maccas chips and ten out of ten I was better, which leads me into the question of the week. We were talking about this off air, Mitch, and you shut me down real quick, and you said, save it for.
Speaker 5: The people, save it for the people. Yeah, what's your Maca's order.
Speaker 7: Oh I'm glad you saved it for the people, because I have I have a staunch order and I finessed this order.
Speaker 4: Like, I work nights radio, so I'll do a.
Speaker 7: Lot of late This is this is a fact that I don't think many people would know. After midnight, they close the rap making device and they don't make macas wraps after midnight.
Speaker 4: And you should see me make you take healthy options.
Speaker 3: I thought you said they closed the rat making device, and I'm like, well, that's probably a good thing.
Speaker 2: But fun facts.
Speaker 3: I also used to do late night radio, Mitch, and I ate Macers because it was the only thing open as well. Yeah, I gave myself a year off Macers as like my Year's resolution. It in like ten years and I haven't had it for ten years.
Speaker 4: Boring and.
Speaker 5: Much about your humble the.
Speaker 3: Absolute crap out of KFC and hja's though but macas not for ten years.
Speaker 2: Mate.
Speaker 6: That's actually quite impressive because I'm quite the addict mits.
Speaker 5: What's your order though?
Speaker 7: Okay, my order is a double cheeseburger. And here's the clencher on a steam Yeah in Victoria steamer And for those who have never tried a steamed bun, it's like the softness of a crispy cream donut.
Speaker 6: It's actually so much better. And if you forget to ask for it, you.
Speaker 3: Just know steamed hams. As they say on the same what did you used to order?
Speaker 5: Art traps?
Speaker 3: I used to have a large, big mac meal with two cheats and ten nuggets.
Speaker 5: How are you so skinny?
Speaker 2: A walk? Remember? I don't have a.
Speaker 5: Cut More humble brags another brag.
Speaker 3: We actually have some amazing brags come up on the show, because an amazing show. If I'm just putting it out there, super save a Saturday, Victoria. You're going to giveus sneaky tips on how to keep more bucks in your bank account.
Speaker 5: I mean I gave you some, but not a lot this week.
Speaker 6: Honestly, listen to some other podcast episodes if you're looking for some hot tips, because this.
Speaker 5: Week wasn't it?
Speaker 3: No money matters though. If you're struggling with your cash flow, you got yourself in a bit of situation. You can hit us up at Shees on the money socials, but you've got some amazing advice as well for the peeps out there.
Speaker 5: Is it by Fruity Lexia in the bucks?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I didn't want to say you were going to keep it, but if.
Speaker 6: You want to see the advice you were trying to weisele out of me there, because I just feel like I didn't hit the mark.
Speaker 2: No, that was exactly what I.
Speaker 5: I've graduated, Trav.
Speaker 6: I now no longer buy Fruity Alexia and are now buy exclusively Audi wines.
Speaker 2: Wow, amazing?
Speaker 4: Are they good? I didn't know that.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I meant to say this, but they're all owned by Jacob's Creek, so they're actually.
Speaker 2: A good one.
Speaker 4: I all know that. So they're a good drops.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're actually a good drop. Like there's one cooled bread and I'm obsessed with it. And is it a red a black bottle with like a very it looks like a very expensive bottle. Andrew, you have to disclose that they did send me some, but I have now purchased it.
Speaker 5: Because I liked it so much.
Speaker 3: We also threw it out there on thirteen one sixty five. We got some amazing hacks, so I reckon, I'm going to use as soon as we get out of this radio show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we got good hacks. I wrote them down and you guys will too. They're very beneficial.
Speaker 2: All right, enjoy Here is this week. She's on the Money radio show.
Speaker 1: She's on the Money Radio Show.
Speaker 4: With Victoria Divine.
Speaker 7: Hey, you know what I was doing. I was drinking my Barocca sport. Thank you for that, Victoria.
Speaker 5: Oh, you're welcome.
Speaker 4: You got me hooked.
Speaker 5: Such a little influence up.
Speaker 7: Well, you are you influenced me? And I love drinking it with my morning paper. Yes, I read papers. I read it on my pay I'm like a ninety year old man with the font size one hundred and ten.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really.
Speaker 2: It's I reckon.
Speaker 3: You'd use the Siri voice option, mate, you'd highlight it and get Siri to read it to you.
Speaker 4: I reckon.
Speaker 5: He has made a mucil as well.
Speaker 4: I have seen inside my pantry. Anyway, I was reading this article. Did you know this?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: From Wednesday, the first of June.
Speaker 7: The hextet is going to get bigger, which is obviously when you go to UNI and you can't pay for it, so it's alone that the government give you. I think it's called help. Now everyone knows it as hex because it's tied to inflation, right, and inflation has been surging. They are upping the price of the hex stet, which I think is terrible, right because so many kids have hex stets.
Speaker 5: I think it's terrible. I just think that's life.
Speaker 6: But before we get there and I tell you exactly why this is happening, mixed Churi, what's inflation?
Speaker 4: Inflation? You you've got a balloon?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I knew he was going to go there.
Speaker 7: To listen and you got a balloon. You got a kids party to go to. How do you get that balloon up?
Speaker 4: Inflation?
Speaker 2: Also car tires as well for those cars?
Speaker 5: So much your ego?
Speaker 4: Do you have hextet? Victoria?
Speaker 5: I don't really want to talk about the six figures?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Sorry?
Speaker 7: How many degrees have you completed or started and stopped to get six figures?
Speaker 6: I haven't stopped, Denny, just so you thank you for assuming I would flunk.
Speaker 5: But I finished every degree.
Speaker 4: I started Congress and.
Speaker 6: Has a good innings, but four degrees, I'm just trying to keep those parents proud.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, are you still paying that offer? Are you one of those people that are going to pay it off later or are you incrementally paying?
Speaker 6: No, I'm paying it off based on what my income is. But I don't pay anymore just because I'm like, no, I've got better things to do with my money.
Speaker 7: Well, that's the sad thing because most of the people that have helped out or hext are teenagers and remember the feeling of being a teenager, and they are eighteen year old's.
Speaker 4: Nineteen year old?
Speaker 6: No, what if you got at eighteen, Victoria? We run semester at university.
Speaker 3: We just I'm talking about teenagers because we want to play this. See if you don't say you're a teenager, it doesn't work, mate, So stop writing.
Speaker 2: Stop.
Speaker 4: Travino planned this.
Speaker 7: We had coffee before the show when we planned to play that song.
Speaker 3: You know where Victoria was too busy doing degrees? Mate, that's where you were. But we want to know how did you make your money go further thirteen one oh six five. We want to know maybe it was like a giant of two minute noodles.
Speaker 5: Me gouring nobody ate two minute noodles.
Speaker 3: They were expensive, or you know maybe girls going out and getting drinks from guys.
Speaker 5: That's actually just smart business.
Speaker 2: Okay, well well what about you? How did you save money? Victoria? When you were a teenage dirtpack?
Speaker 5: Can you remember scoobies like you?
Speaker 4: Oh you're a Scooby girl.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I used to make Scooby bracelets see to be fifty cents a strand. If you wanted extra beads and stuff, I'd charge more for that. And then when I got to university, I would photocopy the notes that I took.
Speaker 5: And I would sell them. Wow, because I'm an adult.
Speaker 2: Did you make a lot?
Speaker 5: It was pretty profitable.
Speaker 6: I used to trade for money, obviously, but also I would try for things from the canteens.
Speaker 7: Jeane is I did the same thing in primary school, but it was like the ugi o card boom oh yeah, oh my god. I had like the trench coat, the school uniform. I would pull it over and go, what do you want?
Speaker 4: You want? Blue eyed, white, gray cat.
Speaker 7: And what I would do is Mum would take me to Patty's Markets, which is like a giant bootleg market and I would get the bootleg fake car, or you would sell them, and then I'd come back and I'd be like, these are rare, they're fresh off the ship and they were fake and you feel the because it was like thin paper, and other people.
Speaker 4: Might not know that is on them.
Speaker 5: They should have they should have done an authenticity mitt.
Speaker 3: You are such a great overcoat kind of guy. I'm just putting it out of that. What did you do when you're a teenage dirt bag to save yourself a little bit of cash?
Speaker 2: Going to take your calls next?
Speaker 4: This is She's on the Money radio show right now.
Speaker 2: We're doing this guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The reason we are doing that is because you're help debt, which is previously known.
Speaker 2: As your hex debt.
Speaker 4: Apparently Hex yeah.
Speaker 2: Getting more expensive as of last Wednesday.
Speaker 5: It's not as bad as people seem to think it is.
Speaker 6: Inflation has increased and it's set to increase at about six percent, but they're not passing all of that onto your help debt, so don't worry too much.
Speaker 3: Hey packers, you've given us a call on thirteen one o six five. Mate, how were you a teenage dirt bag? What did you do I remember goings on a Tuesday.
Speaker 5: That just sounds like a good deal. All right.
Speaker 4: We did ask them to call call this with.
Speaker 3: I definitely respect that because you seem like the kind of guy that would still do that. Is there any establishments around that have anywhere near a two dollar pot?
Speaker 8: I think if you hunt the local bowlo, you might slip a couple of cheap pots down there.
Speaker 7: But yeah, when I think Victoria divine, I think hanging out on the corner of a local BOWLO.
Speaker 4: That's what I wow, Victoria.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks packers, don't worry.
Speaker 3: Guys Abby on thirteen one o six y five, tell us how did you make your money go further when you were a.
Speaker 9: Okay? So I was about like fifteen or sixteen, and I used to buy pretty much whatever I wanted at the shop.
Speaker 4: But you're okay fifteen? No? No, you wait.
Speaker 9: I always kept the tags on so that I would go out and then I would wear it, and then I would try my very best to return it.
Speaker 5: Oh did it work?
Speaker 9: Like it worked? But I lived in fear. I had like industrial strength deodorant. I like couldn't get anything on it. It was like, I don't even know if it was worth it.
Speaker 3: I can just imagine Abby, like you walk part, you go to give her a hug.
Speaker 2: She were like, get away from me.
Speaker 7: Also, what if someone saw the tag, Abby, Like if someone said to you hate You've.
Speaker 4: Still got the tag, I'm just going to it. Oh god, yeah, you'd freak out.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, I had. All my friends were in on it too. They were like monitoring my past situation the whole time.
Speaker 2: Did anything ever happen?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 9: I was so lucky. Although one time, like obviously when you're sixteen, you go into these stores and they like suck you out. They look it up and down.
Speaker 6: They as someone who used to work in retail, we know they still do that to me now.
Speaker 9: But the best part was so that, like the people behind the counter will also usually sixteen, so they probably couldn't care less.
Speaker 5: You know, they really don't.
Speaker 6: As long as you're not rude, I think that they'll do anything. But my anxiety would peak just because I'm the clutziest person in the entire world. I could not buy a dress and not get something on it.
Speaker 2: I mean, look at your shirt now, mate. I didn't want to say anything.
Speaker 5: It's not my fault, and I keep wearing white. I do it to myself.
Speaker 2: Bring it on yourself for sure. All right, thanks.
Speaker 9: Abby, Thank you guys.
Speaker 3: Now, brad on thirty one or sixty five, you're going to get along with Victoria with yours mates.
Speaker 5: Oh did he have a scooby shop in primary school too?
Speaker 4: I doubt it?
Speaker 8: Hey, going guys, this goes back to, yeah, you're just in your teenage days, but going back and buying the old four lad of one casts reckon, you can pick them up best friends.
Speaker 5: Exactly. Prutty Lexia makes you sexier.
Speaker 4: Pretty Lexia or Mozelle was my guy to with a couple of layers.
Speaker 7: Of fatner.
Speaker 4: Nice mixer.
Speaker 9: Yeahs, the only air you needed was to blow up the cask at the end of the night.
Speaker 6: For I definitely didn't get the four Leaders, but I definitely did put lemonade and ic in it because class.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're a classy girl, but look I was right from the start. Inflation is blowing up the Freddy Lexia bag at the end of a party.
Speaker 4: Where's the toe out of it?
Speaker 2: That's what we call it.
Speaker 5: I'm going to be out of a job, all right.
Speaker 3: Money matters coming up next right here on She's on the Money radio show.
Speaker 1: She's on the Money Radio Show.
Speaker 4: With Victoria Divine. Okay, it's money Matter's Victoria.
Speaker 7: Each week we're going to bring someone's financial story on air, and then we're going to get your professional advice on what they should do. We had a fifteen year old last week, and the updated here's a billionaire. So your advice has really.
Speaker 5: Not listening to me. That's cool.
Speaker 4: He was a lot.
Speaker 2: He sounded fifteen.
Speaker 5: Honestly, he sounded like he was fifty two. But that is not the case.
Speaker 4: What have you got? He's making money? Okay.
Speaker 7: Well, Amber, who has no age, has centers this message. She says, It's nearly the end of a financial year and I'm wondering if I should put extra money into SUPER on top of the ten percent that her employer already contributes. How much can I personally contribute after tax without getting penalized? And is she better off doing it considering you can't really access your SUPER until you're retired.
Speaker 6: This is the question that everybody wants the answer to, right like do I put money in SUPER?
Speaker 5: Or do I not?
Speaker 6: And to be honest, I can't answer that for you one because I'm a professional financial advisor, and it would be in breach of my standard of ethics and code of ethics and whatnot, but we're going to talk about it anyway. And so it really depends on your values and what you actually want to.
Speaker 5: Get up to.
Speaker 6: If you're a bit behind, because I know I was for a very long time because I just worked in small hospital jobs and retail jobs. So by the time I actually started working quote professionally, if that's what we're calling this, I am behind in my SUPER. So I do make some contributions, so I'm back up to the norm. But what you want to do is make sure that you're making a decision that is in line with where you want to go. Because if you're saying, all right, we'll v sounds so good to save so much money and put some extra stuff in Super, but I'm also saving for.
Speaker 5: A home, Like where would your money be better used?
Speaker 6: I think we need to just put all our values on the table and work out which one we actually want a service at the moment because Super albeit super powerful and spoiler alert, on the first of July, it's actually increasing from ten percent to ten point five percent.
Speaker 5: That's very sexy.
Speaker 6: Oh, but we need to remember that we can't access those funds until we retire, So if you want to use them, then fantastic. But also I think we should be making sure that we're not too far behind as well.
Speaker 7: Well, my question is I have a friend that access her SUPER early to get gastric banding.
Speaker 4: She's like, I'm going to get weight loss surgery?
Speaker 7: Can I do that and go to Fiji? Can I just dip into a high on? I need a holiday for my mental health?
Speaker 5: Is your surgeon in Fiji? Is that where we're going?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm sure I can find.
Speaker 6: There's actually some really cool reasons you can dip into SUPER that I don't think a lot of people know about.
Speaker 5: Like you can dip into Super for IVF. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's great. What else? What else? This is good?
Speaker 8: And move?
Speaker 6: Obviously, weight loss surgery different surgeries if you're going through financial hardship. Obviously during COVID, a lot of people pulled money out of Super. But in saying that, I don't endorse always pulling money out of Super, because what you take out of Super is actually taking from future you, and we always need to be making sure that we're looking out for future you and I don't think a lot of people during COVID obviously knew the ramifications of taking money out of Super, so a lot of people did some pretty cheeky things like buying boats or buying a new car, when in reality you were meant to only pull money out if you were experiencing financial hardship, saying that it's not my circus, not my monkeys.
Speaker 7: Okay, well there go, and but I hope that hell you can hit us up. She's on the Money. Find us on Instagram, DMS. I'll send us a voice message, we'll play it on the show, and you can get Victoria's professional advice.
Speaker 3: All right, coming up next Super Savis Saturday. Victoria, You're going to give a some sneaky tips on how to get more bucks in our bank accounts. This is She's on the Money radio show SA Saturday.
Speaker 4: All right, yeah, so it's my favorite time of the weekend.
Speaker 7: Instead of us bringing Super Savice Saturday Tips, today, we got our friend Zach from the Collective nown radio show. He does Saturday afternoons here on the same network. He has a killer Super Saver Saturday tip. Welcome to the show, Zach, Hi buddy.
Speaker 8: Thanks guys. Yeah, well what I do right? Well, my wife and I we used to have five streaming services, you know, bux a month, but you can only watch so many shows, you know, well basically you only ever watched one show at a time.
Speaker 5: Agreed. I don't know what you're doing if you're watching more than one show at a time.
Speaker 8: Mate, exactly. So what we did is like we scrapped all of them, and so we have one streaming service at a time, and then we like exhaust it and then we move on to the next one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Oh.
Speaker 7: So you're jumping yeah yeah, like on the free trial bandwagon. You're jumping from free trial to free trial.
Speaker 8: Oh no, we pay for it.
Speaker 1: Where's the money when in this we're not.
Speaker 8: We're not inventing new email addresses each month, a new identity just to get thirty days free. No, so instead of paying eighty bucks a month, you pay fifteen dollars a month, You exhaust the streaming service, and then you move on to the next one.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 5: I don't rate that, absolutely not.
Speaker 6: And I say that because I just can't make a decision on anything.
Speaker 5: I need all the options in front of me.
Speaker 6: I need to be able to flick from Binge to Netflix to everything else, Paramount Plus or on it. I need to be able to assess my options and then.
Speaker 5: Always just choose real housewives. Like that's how it works.
Speaker 8: See, that's what everyone thinks. Everyone thinks that they like a buffet, but no one likes a buffet.
Speaker 1: Buffets are awful.
Speaker 8: They you get little bits of heaps of different stuff that you don't like. Just get a whole lot of what you always.
Speaker 3: Want because you're always going to do that anyway, and people aren't going to sneeze in what you really want.
Speaker 2: So Zach love that one. No, I'm on board, Zach.
Speaker 3: I'm on board with you because seriously, I've got Disney Plus and I reckon I only used it last week when my niece was around.
Speaker 2: I forgot that I had it for nine months.
Speaker 5: And you've been paying for it all this time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've been paying for KO and I mean, look at me, I'm not what's on KO was? There was like a live thing happening in New York and I wanted to watch. It was like performing up. It was like a theater thing on K. So I downloaded.
Speaker 5: I was about to say, was it super Bowl? Because I can't see you watching sports, mate.
Speaker 7: I think it was like Disney on ice and that now I still haven't so that's a good tips act.
Speaker 4: I should.
Speaker 7: I've exhausted it for everything that I need of all the Disney. Now I can kick off.
Speaker 3: Ko fantastic, all right, Hey, thank you so much, Zach. You are welcome with your money saving tips anytime, despite Miss Divine's opinions of them.
Speaker 5: Sorry z that, thank you still love me.
Speaker 8: I'm just trying.
Speaker 5: We're all just out here doing our best.
Speaker 2: You're the best, mate, Thank you so much that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so can you maybe not paste our guests next time?
Speaker 2: Victoria?
Speaker 3: That's probably yeah, great money saving tips all around.
Speaker 7: Though, I'm actually going to invest in scoobies now. I'm going to go on Amazon and I'm going to get some What was it? It was like gel It wasn't even right.
Speaker 6: It was like these little tubes of plastic that you would tie together, and everybody wanted me to.
Speaker 5: Make Scooby key rings.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 6: I feel like it was genius. Also, sell your notes at UNI.
Speaker 5: Do people still take notes?
Speaker 4: True? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they just google it right. Anyway, We're going to be back next week. Until then, you can catch up with us anytime on socials just search she's on the Money. We're out of here, Mitch. You've got to stick around, mates, sucked in, More work to do. Britt Hockley and Laura Burn for the Life on Cut radio show. That's coming up straight after the News next all right, see you next week, guys, See you guys.
Speaker 7: Who is Denny If she's on The Money radio show with Victoria Devine.
Speaker 3: Hear it on the catch Up podcast on iHeartRadio.