Speaker 1: iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday, Reo, Happy Friday, Guys, Happy Friday, Pats, Hello Alex. Welcome to the weekends. All right, so let's do double thumbs up. This is where we go around the team and we share what we're into this week. A couple of things for me. Brilliant, brilliant sports documentary. A really great sports documentary. Transcends whether or not you're a fan of that. And even if you're not an F one fan, you can watch Senna one of the most amazing documentaries ever made.
Speaker 1: You don't need to be into the sport.
Speaker 2: I would say that about this wild documentary on watching at the moment, about the nineties dynasty of the Dallas Cowboys, the Gambler and his money, about Jerry Rice and how we transformed the NFL actually and out the wild ride of the Dallas Cowboys when he brought the club of the n nineties.
Speaker 1: It's a ten out of ten documentary. It is so good.
Speaker 4: I've seen some clips on Instagram what a different time.
Speaker 2: Yes, all of it. And what a character that's Jerry rices as well. It's an amazing documentary. I'm halfway through it. I cannot stop thinking about it, googling about it.
Speaker 1: I don't know what a rusher is.
Speaker 2: You know, after he's probably go oh, Terry, you know he's a wide sacker or something.
Speaker 5: Is he legend?
Speaker 1: I don't know? Is that is that good?
Speaker 3: Is he?
Speaker 2: Is he one of the offenders or the defenders? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all that tight ends, tight end, wide ends. How many of you were in this team? It's ridiculous. Who's doing what? And so and so got sacked? Did he what? It's from the team. It's just it's a plague.
Speaker 4: I saw a clip on Instagram.
Speaker 6: Is it the one where he drills oil and he's trying to h and that's how he makes his fortune?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All on this one. No, no, no, that's it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Gambler is money. Cannot recommend it enough. It's a brilliant documentary. And the other thing, I actually need some advice in our family. I find the TV shows, we watched them, but my wife loves sci fi. So this week I started to watch a sci fi I've done some research or what's good? Is anyone watching Foundation? Does it get better? We watched an episode last night and it seemed I'm not a massive sci fi fan. It feels like every TV show you've ever seen that sci fi there's something with a galactic federation. They're up to no good, and straight away first episode it's like the Galactins need the crayon crystals and we're not gonna let them have it so easily. And then there's some explosion in space and you're like this is all very familiar. There's a shady foundation, there's a genius who they're going to arrest, and this was the first episode.
Speaker 1: It was like I've seen all this before.
Speaker 4: I find them so hard to follow sci fi. That's where I really struggle.
Speaker 6: Like I watched Dark the Netflix series, which is really good is it? But again like I had to be wikipediaing every single episode because I didn't exactly know what happened after I Well.
Speaker 2: In episode one, the mad scientists have been banished to a planet Tyron and they say all this stuff like we know what that is.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yes, too much assumed knowledge.
Speaker 2: There's also a lot of very overhammy British cast in it. We're all, yes, well, the Admiral's not going to get away that easy with it. You know, you just desperately be back on the West End theater. You're slamming it in this box sci fi script. How do you not laugh your head off when you're in that city tunic as well?
Speaker 1: And you go, Admiral, thank you for joining us.
Speaker 4: I'm a grown adult. I studied for ten years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but anyway, we're into it now and that is my weekend. I'm my own show with the Dallas Cowboys and then it's with Missus O'Connor.
Speaker 1: When watching this foundation, please.
Speaker 2: Tell me gets better or if there's a bit of sci fi show that we should be watching, please let me know.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 1: Go on podcast Patsy, what are you into?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've just finished a great book by Naomi Watts, who is leading the charge, helping to lead the charge in menopause awareness. Dare I say it? Everything I wish i'd known about menopause. So she featured on Oprah's recent Minopause Revolution show, very very open and doing amazing things. I recommend if this is you follow her if you're not already on Instagram, she shares videos. It's really inspirational and like the forward in a book for the generations of women who've suffered in silence and for the next generations, may they suffer no more, which is.
Speaker 1: Exactly And you know what, you're part of this movement?
Speaker 7: Yes, I know you.
Speaker 2: You start the two years ago, to be fair, Yeah, I did.
Speaker 1: It's incredible.
Speaker 2: How now you know what you've kicked started now it's like a real movement that helping millions of women all over. Honestly, whenever you talk about a book like this, I get emails every and every single day from not just women going through but men as well that want to help support the partner and actually read it and find out more.
Speaker 1: So when are you writing your book?
Speaker 2: No, you're seriously You've got the podcast and it's great what name's doing, but you've got to do this as well, because your story be unique.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I will, I will. I need your help on that. I wouldn't even know where to start. I think this is what I do before a big project is I get so overawed with the enormity of the task that I and also that imposter syndrome where I think, what could I possibly write being honest here, what could I possibly write that anyone would Well.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what you could write.
Speaker 2: The only thing, listen, the only thing we're a master of is our own lives. Talk about your story, talk about what it's been like to do the podcast.
Speaker 1: What surprised you?
Speaker 2: You must have so many stories, some other women as well, that you can weave those together as.
Speaker 7: Well well, stories, so many common themes. We all say the same things like, so many common themes. And if it makes someone else, which is why I've done the podcast, If it makes someone else feel better about their journey and know that they're not alone, that is the biggest payoff for me. And I'm getting so.
Speaker 2: Many But that's when you write the book, When you go, why would I write the book? It's the same thing for the podcast. Why start podcasts? True, it's just the same thing, and a slow.
Speaker 5: Exactly.
Speaker 2: And actually a book will mean that you going around and doing the interviews talking about it creates bigger rippors and helps more people.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I agree, Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: Do the book.
Speaker 7: I will do the book.
Speaker 2: I will Yeah, doing it, double thumbs up. Already it's not written, it's that good and will come in the book to us. She didn't invite any of usus The Christian O'Connell show podcast, Ria, What are you into at the moment?
Speaker 6: I've really been into this ABC News feature story of the Week. It has been a horrible, horrible news week. I think we all know that this is the perfect antidote. It's this story about this Ossie family who since this Ugandan kid whose name's Eddie, since he was four, they've been sponsoring him through the Child Sponsor Project, and they've been writing letters. The kids have been saving up their pocket money since they were four, the same age as him, and sponsoring him and writing him letters every single month.
Speaker 4: He is now thirty six years old. He is a scientist.
Speaker 6: He's a researcher in America now in John Hopkins University studying HIV research.
Speaker 4: They still write letters to each other.
Speaker 6: He has landed in Australia this week and has met the family for the first time.
Speaker 2: Why haven't we got him on the show? He's got so much it's giving me a goose bumps.
Speaker 4: It's incredible. There's a You might have seen the video on Instagram. It's been going crazy.
Speaker 1: Viral, so I didn't know what was going on.
Speaker 6: As a beautiful, beautiful moment where he comes out of the airport terminal and he sees the dad for the first time and they hug and it is it's the longest, the longest hug I've ever seen in my life. It's honestly like two minutes and he just collapses into his arms. He's got this big, beautiful grin and a story thirty years of sort of having his family but not really have like never meeting them, and now they've finally met in Australia. He's here for a medical conference actually, and now they've finally had that moment. We're they're together as this complete family. It's really beautiful.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: If you just got on the ABC website or the ABC Instagram, you'll see the headline there.
Speaker 1: Beautiful stuff, Alex. What's it for you me?
Speaker 8: A bit of a language warning on this one. It's called Pissants. It's a book written.
Speaker 5: By Brandon Jack.
Speaker 8: I have been laughing every second page reading this book. It is searingly, brutally unbelievably great and he's done so well. He's a former Sydney Swans player, a fringe player, it must be said, twenty eight games between Well in the mid twenty tens. His brother is kier and Jack premiership winner in twenty twelve. His father is Gary Jack, rugby league legend play for Wales, Baumin Australia as well.
Speaker 5: So serious sporting pedigree. But he's written this book.
Speaker 8: It's a fictional I guess, snapshot of a footy club and it is brutally funny. Like it's so so good. This kid is an amazing writer. He's only young and he's gone and written this book. He's first ever novel, and I just love it. It's just fantastic. It's a fictional account of a football club focusing on the everyday lives of these players. And like, you've got these young men like this, what forty four players on a team list?
Speaker 5: You're gonna get shenanigans.
Speaker 8: And this guy writes about these shenanigans the nicknames as well.
Speaker 5: I wanted to just read you quickly. Terry equals Terry top up.
Speaker 8: It refers to young players who are undrafted and respond positively to the olive branch extended by the club and the promise that if they're playable enough in the reserve grade team for a year and attend all training sessions. Then they may find themselves on the list at the end of the year. It is worth saying that this is never the case.
Speaker 1: What's the name of the book.
Speaker 8: It's called piss Ants by Brandon Jack. It is wonderful, very very funny. I just love it.
Speaker 5: Go and rad it. It's really good.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Go on to Michelle.
Speaker 2: Christian will be watching Building the Band on Netflix. Amazing seeing is That's a really good show. Christian sci Fi recommendations. Thank you very much to everyone. I'm getting a lot now on SI recommendations. You rattle those sci fi nerds cage. No one ever on radio we ever asked for their opinion. Now they're last given them. You need Galad nineteen, but go back to the first prequel before.
Speaker 1: They left the planet Skagog.
Speaker 2: Yes, Christian sci Fi couple recommendations. Murder Bot on Apple TV, Brilliant Dark Matter on Amazon. Then there's an Aussie rated Ossie one. Don't worry about that. Seeing a lot of Australian TV. They kind of didn't get it right on Planet Earth. Let's not worry about putting in. We saw that rocket fall over two weeks ago. Severance. I have seen. Severance is absolutely brilliant. You've seen Severnce, haven't y?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Love it?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what an amazing show, all of it, the way it's directed, the cast, that's like nothing I've ever seen before. And this is what sci fi people always do as well, they start boring you about the book than the TV series. The Foundation series on TV is nothing like the book. That's right, because there's a book mate and it's not the TV show. All right, we have some thank you, so more importantly, let's just see how much money you've raised since eight o'clock Monday morning. It's over one hundred and fifty thousand dollars. Here we go, as we're live right now, we'd ask you to try and give whatever you can to backpacks of VIC kids. One hundred and fifty five thousand dollars. It's astonishing. I remember two days ago we were saying, I'd be great if we could give them one thousand dollars, one hundred thousand dollars by the end of nine o'clock on Friday, hopefully by the end of the show today in two hours and twenty odd minutes'd be great if we could get up to one hundred and seventy thousand. If you want to find out more about the amazing work backpacks of X Kids do head to the Christian O'Connor show dot com DoD au. That's where you donate. Rio You've got some thank yous there, I do.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much to Steve, to Christine, Matt and Sam Connor, Brian, Kathleen, Sonya, Mimi Tamara and friend.
Speaker 2: It's amazing looking at all the people have been donating overnight.
Speaker 4: Yes, and like at all hours of the night as well.
Speaker 1: Patsy, who have you got there? Who?
Speaker 7: Thanks to Jeffrey, Donna, Trina, Susanne Andrew, Jenny, jeff Beck, Craig, Rachel, Gary and producer Caitlin has highlighted this one. I wonder why Mark to the team, thank you for all the years of laughs, great cause, congratulations on smashing the target. Have we ever just want to say? Was listening on Spotify and when producer Caitlin's microphone was stuck on with some of the best loves I've ever have.
Speaker 2: All the people to high know, just one that mentions her house has producing is meant to her selfless task. Kaitlin listen, I told you running that your own fane club.
Speaker 7: Sorry, I was running around trying to get everyone some nice comments.
Speaker 1: That we had that one man, did you?
Speaker 7: I was reading quickly and I just said, oh, that's such a nice start. Like use that one. I didn't realize he had.
Speaker 2: Okay, Daisy, good spot, Patsy, let's watch those today, Alex he who got there?
Speaker 8: I've got another one here about Kaylin. No, oh God, Susie. Listen to this from Susie. I was one of these kids. I'm now fifty seven years old, and this would have made such a big difference to me as a child.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Susie. Christine as well.
Speaker 8: Donation from brothers Reza twelve years old and Idriss is eight years old.
Speaker 5: Brian, Kathleen and Sonya as well. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: All right, keep it going.
Speaker 2: Let's see if we can get one hundred and seventy thousand by nine o'clock this morning.
Speaker 1: Keep the donations coming in.
Speaker 2: Head to the Christian o'connllshow dot com dot au.
Speaker 3: The Christian o'connall show podcast.
Speaker 2: About nine percent this weekend is simply going to be picking up boxes, moving them into a car, driving them some way, emptying those boxes.
Speaker 1: I'm moving.
Speaker 2: We are moving our twenty one year old daughter. It is move eleven in the last three two years.
Speaker 5: Sho'd just start a business.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's being really bad, sad business. Actually sad dad removals. Have you seen what I've had to lug into it today? Boxes, actual boxes, no spad time for me. I'm to leave here immediately at nine oh one to be at a place at nine point thirty. I brought my own packed lunch, like actually like a pro would do.
Speaker 6: Yes, there are these huge plastic boxes like taking up all the room in the studio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's ready to go. Oh, I am ready to go, ready to go.
Speaker 2: And so today my wife is suddenly unavailable today, so on the short shot to go and yeah, oh.
Speaker 1: I get you. You get started. I'll be there Saturday.
Speaker 2: So she's taking part Saturday today. I'm to do it be at least four or five hours packing stuff up.
Speaker 1: And is this with Big Sean? He's tomorrow. It's today.
Speaker 2: It's just me and Ruby. And Ruby is like a mother, quite the task master. She's really hurt her back. She's had like a really bad bag for all this year, so she really can't do anything. She said she's going to sit on a check we want to do. Oh cool, and you say I can get there for nine thirty. Alrighty, that is something to look forward to a angry twenty one year old ordering their dad are out. Whatever I do, it's going to be wrong. You know I'm going to break something or not that there.
Speaker 1: Well, you've had problems with your back, yeah.
Speaker 2: No, well I'm going to be broken come monday. Plus, I saw she sent me a photo yesterday. It looked like a table of loot, just like kitchen.
Speaker 1: Stuff on there. And I still remember that.
Speaker 2: When her grandmother passed away last year, she said I really want her Magic mix and I was like, many students start baking it is in, it's in mint condition, but they weigh have you got one of those magic mix Yeah, it's very about one hundred kilos.
Speaker 1: Whats are we getting that in?
Speaker 7: It's going to smash my foot.
Speaker 5: You never used them.
Speaker 2: Let's totally unused, Alex. She's baking what a student is baking. There are cafes who don't have a Magic Mix.
Speaker 7: It's for Marga rateds.
Speaker 1: She's like, Plus, well she did kno me on one this morning.
Speaker 2: Take the edge of all she said, I've got a suitcase full of books that you need to take away. I went watching a new place. No, just you take them away. We're downside to a movie. What am I going to do with the flipp and suitcase of books?
Speaker 1: You take that to a shop on a Friday. They don't. They don't like new stuffing dropped off on a Friday.
Speaker 6: No, because my actually my parents place is just a dumping ground for all our stuff that we want to do.
Speaker 1: So every time we go.
Speaker 4: Back home, Mom tries to get us to clean out all the stu.
Speaker 5: My mother has a shipping container.
Speaker 1: Can she as?
Speaker 2: He got room from a man she mixed and a suitcase full of books.
Speaker 1: Rio, You've got a big weekends. I'm so excited.
Speaker 6: I am fulfilling a childhood dream on Sunday. I might have told you this on the show before, But when I was a little kid, about seven or eight, I was weirdly obsessed with River Dance, Lord of the Dance.
Speaker 2: Michael Flatley, Michael Flatley's incredible performer.
Speaker 5: Kids love that too.
Speaker 6: We had the VHS and I would put it on the TV and I would just spend this is the one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he'll coming back hours on end, just dancing along.
Speaker 2: See fee feet of Flame. I interviewed him in nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, yeah, yeah, lovely guy. Yeah my god.
Speaker 2: They worked so hard rehearsing those shows. He made millions. It became big all over the world. It was on Broadway in New York for like years really wow yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: And now it's in Australia. Now it's in Melbourne and I'm going to be there on Sunday.
Speaker 2: You're feeling a chartered dream. I thought you were joining them on stage. I don't realize you and a load of people pats his age.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited. It's going to be driving the old Mummies Volvo there as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll figure right actually perfect right there front row.
Speaker 2: You will love it. It is genuinely an incredible show. There's something about seeing dancing when it's so choreographed that is pleasing to the human soul.
Speaker 4: How do they get it all in time?
Speaker 2: Hundred those Irish kids all linking arms to that thing with their somehow levity.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, it looks like.
Speaker 1: Perhapsy what are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 7: Funny you say rivedettes because I used to work with a girl whose brother was in the Squad with Michael Flatley.
Speaker 2: I think it's called squad. I know we've got the All Australian being announced this week. The All Irish Riverdo Squad has been announced. When I've got some glaring emissions.
Speaker 7: Who We've got a very domestic weekend again this weekend I have got by roses that are yet to be trimmed back, and they should have been done like three months ago. Anyone with roses will be naughty, naughty.
Speaker 1: Those secreateurs out.
Speaker 7: I have to and if I don't, I won't you know, their massive, big standards. And if I don't, they'll just look half dead. So I've got to do that. This weekend will take me forever. And I don't really know the roses you got. They're white, They're beautiful iceberg.
Speaker 1: White smell gratse know they haven't got much.
Speaker 7: Of a much of a smell there one?
Speaker 1: Oh really, well, have you got them? Get a nice red or yellow one? I love the smell of rose.
Speaker 7: They go nice with our brick because our brick's dark, so it sets them off, you know, I said.
Speaker 2: And also the way you said it goes nice with our brick. You just lick up one break of you.
Speaker 7: But I've got to get out. If maybe today I will start it makes.
Speaker 1: That brick pop.
Speaker 2: You hear that a lot on the block, don't you know it's brick Week.
Speaker 7: I actually don't know what I'm doing. I'm sure there's a science genuine yeah that as well. But you're meant to like angle the stickers.
Speaker 2: There's a certain way to cut a rose stem. You don't cut it square.
Speaker 1: Oh really, yep?
Speaker 7: What it's meant to be on the angle though? Isn't it like pointing out with yes?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 7: But what don't you just come and do it for me?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm doing this, there's no no jubt done that that magic mix and keep at key those worth of books to move.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show podcasts.
Speaker 2: A lot of TETs coming in right now. I'm prompted Rose trim advice for.
Speaker 1: Pats please, I need to know reading. Oh I'm not off here, band off with the sci fi stuff.
Speaker 2: Now we were all straight into Rose Trimmy. This is somehow even older than a three aw run down. And as soon as we were talking about the hot new show in town, river Dance, it's nineteen ninety nine. Come on, guys, Keith Christian Town Pats to sterilize.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, you don't ever tell Pants anything.
Speaker 7: No, I need to know.
Speaker 1: She is our verse of old crazy Bob, that politician. Do you not mention?
Speaker 2: Don't ever march in Patsy's dodgy Lebanese heritage.
Speaker 1: Fuck you out. I'll trim your limbs back and not on the angle.
Speaker 7: What a sterilizing the cs.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of this. I don't know Keith all about it.
Speaker 2: Christian Town Pants, I've said, don't tell her anything.
Speaker 1: She tells you.
Speaker 2: Keith Town Pats will sterilize her secreturs, and make sure don't ever say that her secreturs are rusty.
Speaker 1: LL do as well.
Speaker 2: Everything's very clean in that place. I bet pass has got the most cleanest home of anyone at the.
Speaker 7: Minute, because.
Speaker 1: Clean it comes at three a m.
Speaker 7: They're rusty, though, like I've still got the original sicretars from like thirty years ago. Maybe I need a new sit.
Speaker 2: Make sure they raise the sharp and before cutting the next rosebush, sterilize again.
Speaker 1: This will stop cross contamination. That's anything.
Speaker 2: The rust of the secreateurs block capitals now, do not use them.
Speaker 7: I'll check them out I'll get a new pair.
Speaker 2: And then someone else saying I didn't know you get electric pruning este I mean, isn't that much effort just to sort of open clothes?
Speaker 1: Open clothes? You need that to be auto make love with ai.
Speaker 7: I could get the electric knife out there that do the same.
Speaker 2: Thing's got like baby teeth, isn't it like this is so half a what of power in those things?
Speaker 5: So gutlets eighties Christmas.
Speaker 1: The yeah, yeah, yes, you won't to believe what.
Speaker 2: I was so looking forward yesterday going to see this movie's Melbourne International Film Festival. It's called The Ballad of Wallace Island. It's when all these awards has got a great line up. Steve Coogan is the producer of it as well. I'm Tim Key, who's a brilliant comedian and the whole loss of it. So I went to this twelve thirty showing. I was so excited to have a couple of hours just getting to see this brilliant comedy movie with heart. So I go in there right, there's no one in the cinema and actually no one there. I've never experienced were it's actually odd to be in a cinema by yourself.
Speaker 1: Sit wherever you want.
Speaker 2: What is it about human nature that I still sat in my designated the signs? Yeah, this is I'm ten g I stick by these rules and regulations. Anyway, I'm in that. The movie doesn't. It's like half an hour late.
Speaker 1: That's really odd. What are you doing?
Speaker 2: It's half an hour late. You didn't tweak for half of it? No, it gets worse the story the movie starts. I'm thinking, this is strange vibe to this movie. It's not what I've been reading I'm expecting. And then there's people in it. They're not on the poster. I'm Aubrey Plasa. She's a big name. I'd want to be on the poster. Chris Evans is in this twenty minutes thinking this ain't my movie, and god damn it, there's some student running this. He's half an hour late, and now he's playing the wrong movie. I go beat thing out to reception. Listen, I'm in the right cinema, but they're playing.
Speaker 1: The wrong movie. Show ticket.
Speaker 2: They went, you're right, that's not the movie in that one. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: This is crazy.
Speaker 2: I go and get the manager. The manager comes over and has a look you can't I just see a ticket again?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said, it's nuts and it was half an hour late. Then she goes, oh, you're in the wrong cinema, Christian, you got your eyes tested to what do you actually there's another to say.
Speaker 1: They were looking at me fuddled full. Do you want to try and get you?
Speaker 2: They want to start, so you missed it starts missed thing?
Speaker 7: Oh you were looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: That's actually really sad, just getting that dry. Just lose a drive home. Then later on my wife was what was the movie? Like, I don't want to talk about? You want to talk about?
Speaker 2: They were like, it's it's.
Speaker 1: On tonight, come back tonight, why not come back?
Speaker 2: Don't come back. I'm coming back. They'll be talking about me for days. I had some mad English guy the wrong movie and went with the wrong.
Speaker 1: Sad thing. It was, it's like a horror movie. I started watching, going this is a grim old start. Someone's dead anyway today?
Speaker 2: Have you ever done that wrong place, wrong time, wrong day, wrong anything?
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: No only was I watching the wrong movie, I was in the wrong cinema. It's amazing to get two wrongs. They certainly didn't make it right. So have you ever done this wrong place the wrong day? Christian passes secreturs? Please stop talking about Pats's secondturs. Give me coming viral in a minute, Rusty, because she probably put them in the dishwasher.
Speaker 1: That oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yet the start of yesterday's show we almost all went home. Patsy told so she puts thongs sometimes in the dishwasher.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you've got to after a trip to BALLEI.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: Them there, Christian.
Speaker 2: I once went to an eighteenth birthday party a week early and I was to think, Wow, not a lot of people here, very unpopular kid.
Speaker 1: Rio. Have you ever done that? You strike me? Someone too smart?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I was.
Speaker 6: I did exchange in America in Wisconsin, and I took up a subject. It was a law subject, like a Foundations of law, a first year subject. I thought, as an Australian, would that's the easy way in?
Speaker 4: For look?
Speaker 6: It would have been honestly four or five weeks. I mean, this is so hard, this is so confusing.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 6: I should have tweaked because I had the wrong textbook as well. I was like, what's it different textbook to me? And why there's so much assume knowledge in there. Why hasn't the professor like started at the very start. And it wasn't until I went and chatted to the professor. I was like, look, honestly, like, I'm really really struggling. I'm from Australia. I don't know, like if I can get some extra.
Speaker 1: Help special Australian dispensations.
Speaker 4: Yea, He's like, you're in the doctorate class. I was doing a doctrine of war.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's so related, isn't it. And we have so many stories every day about doctor at Mishaps and Monday's show is Professor Mishaps.
Speaker 1: Rio just goes to minjlal. So I've got a great one. Come to me here. Wow, we a doctorate story. Oh my god, We've probably got ten.
Speaker 2: All right now it's Professor and doctor at Week, This Week College Show.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: In any given day, I must get twenty to thirty press releases.
Speaker 1: I read them all. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Just this one's just coming here. Westpac Data VIC scam hotspots revealed. It's got the top five postcodes where people are falling for scams. Okay, someone on the team is in the top two.
Speaker 1: Patsy Werriby is at number two.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, yeah, suckers yesh is making the scams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know Patsy runs that big old sort of fishing farm, doesn't she the scam house?
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Sure the text coming in about other doctor at misshaps you've had and hashtag textbooks. Oh professor, should have seen the professor's face. Oh you guys, you're here to give in there, Christian. My mates, my mates and my mother booked Ore trained to Sydney on our first boys trip after high school. We called a midnight train and we panicked when we saw people were booked in our seats. After having an extensive conversation with the staff, we realized the train we booked was actually midnight the day before, so we.
Speaker 1: Were whole twenty four hours like bour guys.
Speaker 2: So the staff were very John, I said, Dore's travel but we had to change see six times on the way to Sydney. You might even sat down. God cozy, you're on the move again, Christian. Wrong week for me celebrating an under eight a week at my kids school.
Speaker 1: One time they were having a pajama day party.
Speaker 2: I showed up at the Pajama Day party, right day, right time, one week too early in my pajamas at two p m. Thank you very much everyone who's still donating at the Christian O'Connell show dot com dot au for.
Speaker 1: Backpacks of it kids.
Speaker 2: Were up to just shy of one hundred and fifty seven thousand dollars raised this week and this brings me to this email effact from Mark. Very generous donation from one of our listeners and on behalf of his business. Christian, thank you for the mention of my fifteen hundred dollars donation on the show yesterday, but I messed up the details for the donation. It was all half of my business, Melbourne Flew Cleaning, and i'd hoped from mention with my business name, happy to do this. If there's any businesses listening right now, you can get your to have a plug on the show today. We've still got another hour and a half. I'd be happy to make another donation if you could mention Melbourne Flu Cleaning for all your wood heat to service and repair work post bone season until Christmas or pre season from February.
Speaker 1: Mark, I'm happy to do it right now. You don't need.
Speaker 2: If you wanted to do another donation, you can, but I'm sorry if you missed it up in the little Whenever you are making a donation, there's a section that you can leave a message, so if you do want your business plug, to put it in there and I'll read the march the next hour and a half with the team. However, Rio, you've kindly made Mark and his business Melbourne Flu Cleaning a jingle here.
Speaker 6: Yes, it was such a generous donation fifteen hundred and potentially another fifteen hundred, so hopefully to get him over the line to that second donation, Mark, I've made you a custom made jingle for your company.
Speaker 1: Good lad, What areo.
Speaker 6: Jim, Jim Jim and E Jim Jimm Andy Jim Jim this week's Melbourne's Flu Cleaning. Do it on the cheap Jim Jim, Jim and E Jim Jim and Jim Jim JERRYL call oh four a dato three three four. Just as for Greg and doubt to us your chores, Mark, I realized that.
Speaker 1: Slash. Great, it's Greg.
Speaker 4: Not in my head he was Greg.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Just as we corrected the wrong you got what's happened to the show. I'm going to the wrong cinemas now, we got the wrong guy in.
Speaker 1: We should just end the week now.
Speaker 2: I'm actually terrified the damage rigging it into the show in the next hour and a half.
Speaker 4: I was so sure it was Greg.
Speaker 5: Mark Mark call.
Speaker 1: Them now as Greggs.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast.
Speaker 2: The Backpacks a bit kids still trying to get involved at the Christian can Show dot com dot au. Jeanette and John, thank you very much for your donation. Jim, thank you very much. Claire, huge donation, lovely messages well from Claire.
Speaker 1: A minute ago.
Speaker 2: We can all do better to be kind of humans and contribute to the communities, even if that means just a smile. S beautiful Claire, Thank you very much. Diane, Chrissy all donating jo in the last ten minutes, Sarah and Emma as well, and Julie. Don't forget if you want to give us a bigger donation on behalf of your business. If you put when you can leave a message for us, that's well. We're reading out all your names to say thank you. Put your company name there as well, and if you call Greg as well, it's just it's just that kind of service. You want to go to the extra yard, don't we today?
Speaker 1: Ye? Yes, yes, yeah.
Speaker 9: They were listening and calling and choose and no music and just when hit eh, somebody fray the station.
Speaker 6: Charlie, play the.
Speaker 4: People's play Listen Christian.
Speaker 9: Calling right now and help Christian big This songs for Friday show all right from.
Speaker 1: Eight on the Christian I Call Show Friday.
Speaker 2: You pick the mews that we give you a theme today. It's simply what this week is Auburn about love? Love in the title. There are thousands of brilliant songs with love in the title. Which ones we played for a whole hour? Patsy, what do you want?
Speaker 7: Yeah, mullet to defy Richard Marks and that's Michael Bolton. Love is a wonderful thing. Oh well, we've got this part of the song love.
Speaker 2: Pick nicholl Us where Michael is not singing great World Team.
Speaker 1: They're out of ten today.
Speaker 7: Interesting fact, what was the largest plagiarism payout in music at the time. He was sued by the Isley Brothers who had.
Speaker 1: A you don't want to go up against them in corn song.
Speaker 7: So all the profits from that which was I think time, Love and Tenderness. It was like the huge album and like producer Caitlin before said, a bit of a BA side song, Pats. No, it was huge. It was huge, but he lost all of the prophets like five point four million in this massive lawsuit.
Speaker 1: To which which which Icy Brothers song did he take it?
Speaker 7: Love is a wonderful thing?
Speaker 6: Oh it does sound pretty similar.
Speaker 2: I saw the joke, said, and no, wonder we couldn't. He can't even afford to singing that song, but we play. He's iding in the background trying to get away with it, your dirty little cheek.
Speaker 7: Five million bucksy loss, though it was massive at the time. And another really quick fun fact about Michael Bolton is that he baby sat a very young little Paula Abdor when she was a baby.
Speaker 1: Who did you even find that?
Speaker 7: My friend?
Speaker 1: I love this stuff? Rio, What have you got?
Speaker 6: I've got what's got to be in the conversation for one of the best covers of all time, Florence and the Machine.
Speaker 4: You've got the love?
Speaker 1: This is a great song.
Speaker 2: What a boy and the lead singer this band, Florence Welsh, was babysit by Paula abdall giving it back? Actually got the show? Is babysit a week?
Speaker 1: Pass it on? If you were babysat pass it on?
Speaker 7: I think it was on the original bridget Tone soundtrack that if I particularize.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great song, really really good. Alex, you had a great song last week.
Speaker 1: Keep it going.
Speaker 2: If you finally got the mark of the song sound what have you got this week?
Speaker 5: I love this song so much.
Speaker 8: Every time I hear it, I smile despite it being such a heartbreaking song.
Speaker 5: Joy Division Love will tear us apart?
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 2: All right lines reper now love in the title thirteen fifty five.
Speaker 1: Twenty two, What have I got? What about lovely?
Speaker 3: And I know it's gone of these?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah he maybe sat joy Division?
Speaker 1: Good old Bill with us Uncle Bill?
Speaker 4: This to call him good babyfit here?
Speaker 2: Yes, and he says it's going to be a lovely nights. Do a special bedtime version of them. That's enough, now throw to the number. Thirteen fifty five Simmi Friday, thirteen fifty five twenty two, Give.
Speaker 1: Us a school. Also, oh yeah, where's my tay Day's hat?
Speaker 7: Let's play on a song.
Speaker 1: Let's open the hour with this? What a week? For her as well.
Speaker 2: Amazing news getting engaged and this is.
Speaker 1: A this is a bang. I love this song. This is a kind of song that.
Speaker 2: Makes you want to go and shrim your second tours and get that rosebush, trim back, crank kim, turn it all the way up to eleven. All right lines, rep and we take your songs next. Thirteen fifty five, twenty two.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much all the donations, Kylie Victoria, eleven year old Mikey, thank you very much for caring Mikey, Claire, Debbie Christian donation on behalf our three grandsons. Hopefully it will brighten a child's day by receiving a backpack filled with love and special goodies. It really will, Debbie, I love that. Thank you grandsons as well. Fiona, thank you very much too. Stor nothing from Gregy.
Speaker 1: Hell is he I've asked for him.
Speaker 2: He's arasculinely he's all right, you flew cleaning and whether bloody else?
Speaker 1: Greg?
Speaker 2: Is he up the chimney, you know, as you get the brushes ready, he's chim chimm and chiney and on the roof up there singing like Dick Van Dyke.
Speaker 1: All right, talk for all the People's playlist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were.
Speaker 9: Listening and Carlin and choose end the music. Just when hit eight somebody who made the station, Chatty play the People's play Listen Christian.
Speaker 4: Calling right now and help Christian dig the songs for Friday show.
Speaker 2: All right, the theme today is songs with love in the title. Christian, I just started talking about MJ the musical. It's Michael Jackson's birthday today. He would have been sixty seven. He would have been selected for that Legends gamey actually a very tall guy. Did you know that I did not?
Speaker 1: He would have made a.
Speaker 2: Great rockman, right, Yes, we've discussed that before. All right, So some of the ones coming in Christian Love My Way by the Psychedelic Furs.
Speaker 1: Great song mel Love Ma. He's a brilliant song. You two with bb King when Love came to town. We should have been doing two hours of something to look much. And there's so.
Speaker 2: Many not all of them are good though.
Speaker 1: This is Brian Adamson Sting.
Speaker 7: Hete Hiss a few albums out today, his seventeenth studio album, the first under his new label, Band Records, And.
Speaker 2: We lost Michael Jackson and he's still around life.
Speaker 1: Ain't fair.
Speaker 7: I can't wait to get it, download it, whatever you do now. I just realized how old.
Speaker 2: Virgin Megastore City line up for the album. I've got my combat this one here and like music. My name got me some music vouchers just putting it on CD. Shut up, George, Michael fast love, Christian? What about this banger from the eighties? Van Halen's definitely going.
Speaker 1: To play this.
Speaker 2: It's got to beig great intro as well, Don't don't don't it?
Speaker 3: Love?
Speaker 1: We have to play this. It's Friday. What are the oddest? Oh, professor at this textbook?
Speaker 2: Aerosmith. Let's take some calls. So welcome to show, Richard, Happy Friday.
Speaker 1: Happy Friday, Christian. How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good, Richard. Have you having a good week? What would you love us to play?
Speaker 1: I'd love you to play. I believe in a team called Loves by the Darkness. Oh yeah, great.
Speaker 2: Song, and.
Speaker 1: He didn't do with this bank gives me shudders.
Speaker 2: They launched that debut album on an old breakfast show of mine. They we did a show live from a big music venue and the dances there incredible live.
Speaker 1: However, won the tracks.
Speaker 2: They didn't tell us that we were going to do and they did live during a breakfast show. There was a song there is get your m F Hands Off My Woman.
Speaker 1: You never heard it?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, but they they eleven times it was said and he's got a very.
Speaker 1: Very big high.
Speaker 2: All over London radio.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was.
Speaker 2: A moment without watching it, going what do we do? Did not say they were going to do live in great aren't they?
Speaker 8: They're so good and they did the best cover I've ever seen a thunderstruck by.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I'm going to do that this show.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He is worth a follow if you're if you're into music, Justin Hawkins is brilliant on Instagram. He takes all these songs apart and explains how they were composed. I don't know nothing about how much music is paid, but he deconstructs it. It's brilliant. If you're on Instagram, I have a look, call TikTok. It's great. Richard, brilliant, brilliant song Sue, good morning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Christian.
Speaker 9: I'm I really lovely to play What do you Need?
Speaker 7: His Love by the Beatles?
Speaker 1: What a beautiful song. This is Sue. Thank you very much, great song. Have a lovely weekend. Thank you too, Brendan.
Speaker 2: Good morning, goshbe man, what do you want us to play?
Speaker 1: Hell Bell?
Speaker 8: Let's go back to the future, guys, let's go to you some of the news.
Speaker 3: The Power of Love.
Speaker 1: Your DJ throw shade on me. I love it here. We also had another big bang about love. Do we believe? Do you believe in love?
Speaker 5: Do you believe?
Speaker 1: It doesn't actually go like that? Those are the words.
Speaker 2: I don't know what melody that was I was doing. Thank you very much, Brendan, Have a nice weekend. Jimmy the Garbo Oh.
Speaker 1: Good morning team by O'Connell and happy Friday. Hey Jimmy, you're on the rounds right now. You empty in the bins. I am on the rounds, empty the vin since five o'clock this morning.
Speaker 2: Man, Thank you very much. And what post code are you in right now?
Speaker 1: Three out one eight in Williams, Williamstown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Now, Patsy's way before shut that west gate, those bends before it.
Speaker 1: When does it shuts it? Tonight?
Speaker 7: Tonight? Tonight?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Hopefully it's a permanent thing so they can keep everyone who's out that way from a round out there. So bye bye Kate, by bye Patty. Just funny lost Without us, I'd find myself again now, Jimmy de gard by, what can we play for you?
Speaker 1: Mate?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 3: This weekend's weather wet with with love is all around?
Speaker 1: Tell me DJ's.
Speaker 2: And saw the Feeling. Another Richard Curtis movie. We talked about Bridget Jones earlier. This is notting Hill. Yes, they're in that park.
Speaker 7: Yes, she's laying down on the that's it, on the bench with the pregnant billy.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Then he comes Ron and walking across the road is a whimsic called flinty eyed. All right, Jimmy, thank you very much. I have a lovely weekend. Andrew, what would you love me to play? Morning mate?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Jones? It in the black art?
Speaker 3: Oh yes, Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast, Christian Lovers all around.
Speaker 1: You should know. This was four weddings and a funeral.
Speaker 2: The song Patsy mentioned when you say nothing at all with Ronan keating nodding.
Speaker 1: Hell it was. Oh, it actually annoyed me. Watched it again a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Four weddings and a funeral, Oh my god, it's still it must been like twenty thirty years old now it is still a brilliant comedy with heart.
Speaker 1: That's so good. All right.
Speaker 2: So continuing the theme of love in this hour, you love it, but your partner hates it. And that's what it is to be in a loving relationship, isn't it? Those two paradox There's a paradox in life. You know that you might love something but your partner really hates it. You know what I'm going to say. A couple of weeks ago, I want to get a new dormer, and I thought I just get some a bit more interesting and exciting than a boring, old welcome one I thought. I found out you can get banned ones. I thought, I gets it. Oh my god, I getting an eight O waste this one on TIMU for three dollars. It turned up basically, do you remember that lou role that we used to at school? Barely a gram that's what this material is made out. You couldn't wipe your hands on this thing. It's it's so lightweight, and you saw it's it's a beautiful storm.
Speaker 1: I love it, but my partner hates it. It is twice I've rescued out of the bin. Come bring it back from the bring.
Speaker 10: What a fluo union Jack vivid, It pops like perhaps he's bricks, stings, the eyeballs, wetsuit material.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's it Monday, It's going to be the mat now in the studio. We need sunny beautiful and I love it, but my part hates it because I'm the only person in.
Speaker 1: The world that loves this.
Speaker 4: They made a sail.
Speaker 1: Some loon down under rha what's it for you?
Speaker 6: Well, my partner Will loves his art, very into it. So he's got a lovely collection of art prints like I don't know, impressions, a couple of arm doos, yes, a couple of his.
Speaker 4: Arms probably more mice my level of art.
Speaker 6: And so that we've got a lovely little art gallery wall of all his art.
Speaker 4: And I want to put the only.
Speaker 6: Print that I've ever bought, which is this I'm holding in my hand right now, which is a print of Australian number five batsman Travis Head celebrating after we won the the wonder International World Cup. It is a painting of him with sunnies and doing the sort of shooting fingers.
Speaker 1: Do you judge Kate.
Speaker 2: Seen and you judge Mytormer, you wouldn't put this next to a monaue.
Speaker 1: Where's Wally Oyebrow?
Speaker 6: Get Instagram's hands signed by the artist?
Speaker 1: Wow O, that is beautiful. That's why it's not framed.
Speaker 4: Just carry it around because it's not allowed to make it onto the wall.
Speaker 1: Patsy, what's it for you? What do you love? Your partner hates?
Speaker 7: Oh, well, it's Chris actually when we moved in together because he's a big Elvis fan, and so I originally had the flat and he was moving in. I said, listen, you know, let's be fair. I want you to stamp you're it's our place now, it's not just mine. You know, what do you want to do with the day call let's let's have a look. But what he had was his massive great print of Elvis beautiful singing. It was disgusting and it had TCB with the lightning strike. And I said, anything but that, please, anything but that.
Speaker 2: I'm bringing my Elvis dolin. I've got this doll. Elvis lights up. You can change you can change his heads a doll. It's amazing, it's so cool, it's so cool. Elms lights up and run so at nights some of the lights are out. It looks like Elvis is by going stage. It's got two different heads.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: I think brry me with there are my Oasis, Matt Journey to the Other Side.
Speaker 7: With the King and got it at the Franklin Mint and it came, yes the past. It came with its own separate mini framed like glass framed certificate of authenticity. This is like number two hundred of three hundred and yeah, it's just nuh. I couldn't know. No, it wasn't happening. That is not going on.
Speaker 1: Alex sorts it for you.
Speaker 8: Similar I've got some NRL merchant an incredibly beholder framed photo of two regular League legends and Mick cronin Stars of the eighties standing in the middle of the Sydney Cricket Ground after the nine to eighty six Rand final win over Cannary Bank Town.
Speaker 1: It is just magical.
Speaker 5: I love it so much.
Speaker 8: And Bonnie took one look at it and says that's not going anywhere near her house. That's not going up anywhere. So it was always in the garage, which was really disappointed.
Speaker 2: That's where so much of my man stuff is I've got stuff that's like.
Speaker 8: That lovely in the garage in the garage, and I like the equivalent to what victorians would would know. It would be like Tim Watson and Terry Danner are standing in the middle of the mcgive Grand Final. It's that these two are absolute legends and I think it should be up in our house.
Speaker 2: That I'm happy for you to bring that in and put that in your little sport booth over there.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: That's going nowhere other than a shredder. It's so bad.
Speaker 2: It literally is all right, Monday Show. What's more bogan than that? I don't think there is anything If you came to watching it on a jet ski you know somebody, all right, so you love it but your partner hates it?
Speaker 1: What's your version?
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: It warms my heart to tell you it's almost one hundred and sixty three thousand dollars you've raised since Monday morning eight o'clock. It's incredible and it's such a big amount of money, especially this year. The reason why we're in this situation, why this beautiful charity Backpacks of It Kids Knees, was last week asking for our help again is that actually this year people are just aren't able to donate to charities that they would have done generously the last company is because we all know why the cost of living at the moment is sky ice never been higher, and so to raise one hundred and well almost sixty three thousand in a week is astonishing, really really astonishing. Thank you very much for everyone. Whether you've given ten, twenty, you've given, that's it. It's been incredible. Actually, and we've got another half an hour. I'd love it just to see if we could have one final sprint up to nine. Can we get one hundred and seventy thousand dollars? And the reason why this is such a dear charity to us and it is to everyone when they hear me say what the charity is, why.
Speaker 1: Is it called Backpacks of it Kids? This is what it's all about.
Speaker 2: There are children who are There are thousands of these children, the numbers are heartbreaking, who have to be taken from an unsafe home environment, often in the middle of the night. Some of them are barely clothed, they certainly don't have any belongings. And so this backpack that the charity put together just as that it's a backpack for the kids and it's got basics in there like a blanket, pen, paper, a toothbrush, and it actually has It really means a big difference in those young lives when they get it that someone somewhere has actually cared about them enough to put this together. So that's why it's such a beautiful charity to us. And everyone is donated this week, So if you can in the next half an hour, please head to the Christian O'Connell show dot com dot au. Sally, who started this charity with some friends a couple of years ago in a kitchen, has left this message for you all.
Speaker 11: This is Sally Beard, Christian Listeners of Melbourne. This is just incredible. I'm so grateful on behalf of all the kids. I want to say thank you to everybody who's been involved, everyone who's been so generous. This incredible result means that we can now provide a to over sixteen hundred kids, babies, children and youth who are needing care and protection and going through something really awful and your love is really going to.
Speaker 1: Change their lives.
Speaker 11: It's nearly half of our annual target now, so we're just so grateful.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Ah, so many kids to help.
Speaker 2: Please keep it going to the Christian O'Connor show dot com dot au Rioh you've got some thank yous there.
Speaker 6: Yes, thank you so much, Graham and Mary, Alana, Julie. I love this message from David. Not all superheroes wear capes. Keep up the amazing work Sally and the team, and thank you as well to Lisa. We'd love and hope we can all thrive.
Speaker 1: Alex. What have you got there?
Speaker 8: Brian, Kathleen, Sonya, Mimi Tamara. Brian says every child deserves to be loved. Hillary says, I listen to your podcast every day in Sydney. Looking forward to you going national. And thank you to Michelle as well.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much, Patsy, who's there for you to say?
Speaker 7: Thank you too, Johnny, Elizabeth Promote, deb Rick, cas Knitt, Kylie, Andrea, Rebecca and Taylor who says hopefully two more children can sleep a little sounder knowing we have their backs. Thank you backpacks for big kids. You are guardian angels.
Speaker 2: This has come from Kirsty Christian. It is a fantastic course. I took in two foster children over ten years ago. Who arrived with almost nothing. Being moved from placement to placement is so traumatic. These kids need something of their own for their security. Kirsty, thank you very much for doing that as well. Please keep it going. Then we're on airindother half an hour. How much can we get? It's one hundred and sixty two seven hundred and sixty five and thirty cents. That thirty cents really annoying. Rio every day he go through thirty cents. Anyway, let's see what we can raise by nine o'clock this morning. If you haven't donated yet, please do five dollars. Mad He donated four dollars from our pocket money yesterday. Every single dollar counts, and one dollar that charity can turn into four dollars worth of value. So ten dollars is forty dollars. That's almost half a backpack. Head to the Christian O'Connell show dot com dot au. Thank you so much. Everyone is donating The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: You've just pushed over one hundred and sixty five thousand dollars. Is now even Rio, there's no thirty cents? Oh? Thank you Warren, You you genius Warren's just donated one hundred dollars and seventy cents. Christian, here's the seventy cents to help with your accounting mental health. Warren, you heard our christ Rio can rest easy this weekend at Riverdos. Thank you, Thank you very much. Nicole who's just donated one thousand. Aw we one thousand dollars. Nicole, thank you so much. Warren, one hundred dollars and seventy cents. Melinda, thank you very much. Your beautiful message there as well and your donation. Tory and Mitch just donated. Sarah a minute ago. Tracy, thank you very much. Cassandra, Warren, Bryan and Anthony chantal Alex a minute ago. Someone else just donated another seventy cents. No, no, no, come on, guys, thirty we got to balance these books by nine only one of you.
Speaker 1: Talking about your house.
Speaker 2: It's now one hundred and sixty six thousand, seven hundred and ninety dollars and seventy cents.
Speaker 1: Oh no, just want me to talk it again.
Speaker 2: Head to the Christian O'Connor show dot com. Dona, you have us balance our books all right. Time wasted today for the best in show. You off to Village Cinema's Gold class shopping songs. Thank you a retail workaday, thank you?
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 2: The top five most purchase products of Amazon last year were think.
Speaker 1: About this Country? What do you need the most? Like tissues?
Speaker 2: And number five scrub Duddy Oh yes, and number four four pack of double A's right, yeah yeah, and number three the portable luggage scale.
Speaker 1: You know the little hangy one Yeah, yeah, yeah, got loads those and number two the Evolution S three travel pillow. Oh I have that one, do you? Yes? I actually do have that one.
Speaker 4: It's really comfortable.
Speaker 2: And number one mm hm it's something that strangers love to wear on their feet.
Speaker 1: Songs, No, think about the not what I mean? Crocs?
Speaker 5: Crocs come back?
Speaker 1: Wow classically? Well you got that beautiful photo.
Speaker 2: Actually I shouldn't be covering stone, shopping songs. And of these small things, oh, very good gold coals like teen Spirit, bronze, yeah, with a little help from my to ten right stairway to seven eleven and silver Riah.
Speaker 1: What have you got?
Speaker 4: I've got a little Richard at Cole's.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What's he doing?
Speaker 4: He's singing? Good goalie, miss trolley.
Speaker 1: Oh, very good. With the won key Wheel Gold plus sitting on the dock of eBay. Oh yeah, very good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Silver Alanas is online shopping, isn't it iconic?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah that is gold?
Speaker 4: And Bunning's up that hill.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's a terrible bronze. Take me down to Bunning City.
Speaker 1: Oh that don't make any sense, does it.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm just clicking refresh. It's been my new favorite game of the week. Hitting refresh on our giving page. The Christian o'connells show dot com dot au backpacks for VIC kids. My word, I think, I think by my rough mass is about sixteen thousand has been donated this morning since we came on here. That isn't credible, team, It just humbles all of us one hundred and seventy one thousand, seven hundred and forty four dollars and ninety cents still getting that oddo Mount Rio.
Speaker 6: I saw someone do a seventy six cent donation that could only have been to upset me.
Speaker 1: We have some more thank yous, Patsy.
Speaker 7: Yes, Wayne, Penny, Danny and Helen Tyson, Michael marg and Ned who says, how do you Dudlee? Wonderful folks at Backpacks for kids. Thank you for all the incredible work you do. Your dedication to helping those in need is a real blessing and it warms my heart. Keep shining your light, beautiful Alex.
Speaker 8: What have you got there, mate, Robbie, Mark Helen Rowan says, keep up the good work you are doing. Elaine, one hundred and sixty dollars, Thank you. How can I not donate to such a worthy cause. Nicholas has donated ten dollars and eighteen cents, and he says the ten dollars is for the kids.
Speaker 5: The eighteen cents is for RIO.
Speaker 1: If you've been tuning in.
Speaker 2: I think we're trying to raise money for Rio as well, but only in very small nominations of the sense so we can get like a yeah capras a river dance this week. Someone actually thought that I'm joking. I said, he's not really going to see river dances.
Speaker 1: Cannot waste. I'm so excited Rio. You've got some of Thank yous there.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much, Mark, Helen, Ben Jody, al Ian, Alex and a lovely message from Mark great cause, Keep up the good work.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Sally. Just in the last minute.
Speaker 2: Five hundred dollars has come in from Diane, Thank you, Melissa, Carol, Shearon, Josephine, Jackie, Emilia Pluster. Seventy cents for Rio as well. It's almost one hundred and seventy three thousand now just under a hundred dollar shine all right, time waster, while we've still got time.
Speaker 1: We're we can for your.
Speaker 2: Shopping songs, learning to fly Bys Silva gaz Man in the Mirror.
Speaker 1: Gold. More you need is love, silver, cotton on Joe for long total tools of the heart football.
Speaker 2: You've cost co that loving feeling. Silver plus, Chatty Cool.
Speaker 4: Oh, gold double plus. That's amazing.
Speaker 2: Shenead O'Connor has been shopping. Nothing compares TMU living on a Ferguson player. We love our sponsors gold plus always yeah, probably the best one of the week, right Achy, Breaky kmart Ah Silver all right, who's best in show? Chatty Cool, Yes, well done, Thank you very much, keep donating, Thank you so much. Head to the Christian O'Connell show dot com. Do the U bye, have a lovely weekend.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast