Speaker 1: Welcome to them, Christian, no common show podcast.
Speaker 2: Let's get into some of your emails now late la partia? What late.
Speaker 1: You're home on the show for all your awesome emails up first, so you don't see a lot of this anymore.
Speaker 2: A couple with the same email address? Do you used to see a lot of that?
Speaker 1: Steve and Diane, Steve stew and die at hot mail got here A Scott and Jackie Bowman. Hi, Christian, Well you know what, why don't we create an email address for me? Jack and pats A trio? You had that the combination the surfing, tough Christian, Patsy and Jack. As Jack still hasn't come to terms with the reality of his wife Bianca's labor. Here's the story of my new dad Foulm. My wife Jackie went into labor at seven point thirty am. We had a leisurely ten minute drive to the hospital. The obstetrician popped in around ten am when everything was still calm, and told us the baby was still a few good hours away. So I offered to pomp down to the shops down the road get to get us some extra lonnies for the birth. I was so excited about being a new dad. I celebrated with a coffee and a donut at the nearest cafe. Then I bought my wife some donuts and I went and visited the fair trade shop for some coffee.
Speaker 2: While I was there, I picked up a lovely handmade mobile for the crib.
Speaker 1: On the way back, I saw bookshops a brows find her a perfect book, finishing this all off with a boat care for hours to stroll back to the hospital. I'd about an hour and a half, I guess, feeling like new Den of the Year, only to find my wife crouched on hands and knees on the bed, already with an eperjurial and still screaming in pain every five minutes. Ten hours later, our son was born in breech position, which explained the pain.
Speaker 2: So if jack expects cliff bars.
Speaker 1: And power aid to cut it, it's time to wake up Jackie by and smell the fair trade coffee.
Speaker 2: Scotty, that's a great email.
Speaker 3: Don't forget about the killer python, Scutdy.
Speaker 1: Oh he's forgotten Scotty's forgotten.
Speaker 2: Ps.
Speaker 1: While we're at it, playing any song to woman and labor that has the chorus always waiting on you will never be played again in that household. Yeah, Jack to put together a playlist of songs he thought were soothing and appropriate for when his wife Anka goes into labor. Great spot for Scotty about his life, Scotty, that's all very very.
Speaker 2: Good, Christian.
Speaker 1: Can you let Jack know the story when I was working as a midwife when I had my son. So yesterday on the show, we were talking about alternative ways to try and induce labor and the anchor Jack's wife wants the baby out. This week at almost what thirty nine weeks yep. At my thirty eight week review with my obstetrician, I slapped a pad of cherry ripes on his desk and asked him what he was doing tomorrow.
Speaker 2: He replied, what are you doing this afternoon?
Speaker 1: Membranes officially artificially ruptured. Three hours and forty five minutes later, I was holding my son. My tip to Jackie boy, find out what your obstetrician's favorite chocolate is. He doesn't stand and basically they were bribe to get it out, get in there and get it out.
Speaker 2: So what does he do?
Speaker 1: We don't need to go into the actual well, there's only one thing he can really do. There's only one doorway to go through to you know, he's not giving her a foot rub mate, What do you think pleasing a title? He's an obstetrician. He's not going to get a steaders come and go, let's see your tonsils?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: If that, if that's already one of you asking me seriously?
Speaker 2: Right almost thirty nine weeks? What's he going to do?
Speaker 1: Wake up? Jackie wipes out the Fat Trade Coffee Man show, the Life Time. This is the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jackie boy, where are we now? Is it? I was looking at the calendar yesternight.
Speaker 1: I couldn't believe we'll get into March next week and ten days is that all it is?
Speaker 3: That's and that's until his due date if he comes on his jue date. But I came ten days early. So if he's anything like his papa, he will come today.
Speaker 1: And it's the only time that you were ever early for anything. Just it was a one off. It was a one off. And quote and so what what stage you are now to describe?
Speaker 2: Likes? What's going on today today? What was yesterday for you? In Bianca?
Speaker 3: Yesterday we took the pram out for a spin to see how how it runs.
Speaker 2: But there's no kid in there, So what do you have in there? The dog?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 2: Those those people got the dog in the pram and okay, by.
Speaker 3: We didn't take the Actually our feeling sorry for the dog at the moment because I feel like any of the baby stuff Bianker wants to try out on the dog, I've.
Speaker 2: Like put put it in there.
Speaker 3: We don't we don't know how to swaddle yet.
Speaker 1: She's not breastfeeding. My team usually gums.
Speaker 2: The pram was.
Speaker 3: We just took it out empty, and I that was Banker's idea, to be honest, I wanted to wait until.
Speaker 1: If I were Cloak, break my heart, I would have thought something happened. You know, did anyone see that there was nothing in there?
Speaker 3: No, thankfully, because you could tell someone recognized you.
Speaker 1: Maybe the baby's been born. They haven't heard the show for a while, and you've just forgotten about the baby.
Speaker 2: You know, that was Jack's job. So I forgot the baby. Let me. I just jumped back and get him. He'll be fine, he'd be fine.
Speaker 3: I was thinking, you were so calm. It's made of peep. Since we've been out here.
Speaker 2: You have one of these quiet on, very very quiet.
Speaker 1: This is why Jack needs to support group, which is why I launched recently on the show The League of Dad's. Being in ad is an amazing thing. It's an honor, it's a privilege. But you can't do it alone. You're not going to read all the books, all the Dry Mooring podcasts about it.
Speaker 2: You give me too tired, very soon to read the.
Speaker 1: Latest research and what you should do, what you shouldn't do.
Speaker 2: It's all changed since five years ago. Why did you do this? We did this with our kid. It worked great. Sure, you need to go true.
Speaker 3: There's so many at the moment sling around the bench the table just printed off PDFs of what we need to know.
Speaker 2: We need to overwhelming.
Speaker 1: What Jack needs is real life advice that's been learned the hard way through.
Speaker 2: Getting it wrong.
Speaker 1: I need dads to assemble and form with me the League.
Speaker 3: Of Dads.
Speaker 1: If you want to be in the League of Dads, no matter where you are, whether it's toddlers going through the table twos or table threes.
Speaker 2: You've got your ten year olds, your eleven year olds, kids in year twelve like me. Email me.
Speaker 1: He needs all of our advice. I still need your advice. Christian O'Connell dot com dot AU. Thank you very much to the dads that I've already started to step forward and say yes, I want in. I want to be part of this support group for each other, the League of Dads.
Speaker 4: Christian, good morning, and thank you very much for creating a wonderful incentive for the League of Dads. Look, if it was me giving my advice back to me on behalf of Jack, I make sure he focuses purely on the transformation of his beautiful birthing partner, the woman who bears the child, and will transform and it will be greater than what she and you could ever imagine, and unlocking those very gustural human symphonics that resonate well beyond the birth canal moments. But more importantly, yeah, look, the basic social formula for your first child is you do become a parent. The second child you're becoming up riches.
Speaker 3: That was way too vage. How do I make transform?
Speaker 2: Give you? I can use talk about Richard.
Speaker 1: He an't coming in League of Dads right, No, nerves are playing another one of these what you're playing at?
Speaker 5: Hi, Christian? Jack and Pat's Eric here. Great to listen to you on the show this morning, Jack, I've got your back. As you know, I'm a dad to a dozen. I'm here to offer those advice. I'm going to go with daily tips Jack for you, starting with tip number one today. Just don't worry about it. If he's not sleeping at night, enjoy the time that he's awake. That's okay. He'll sleep. He will sleep if he's sleeping too much, and missus a feed that's okay too. He obviously needs to sleep.
Speaker 2: And trust me, he'll tell you.
Speaker 5: When he's hungry. You'll know about it. If you need anything, you know where to reach me. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a message. Have a great day, guys, speak soon.
Speaker 2: To be fair, Eric needs to come into a league of dads.
Speaker 1: You know. He definitely one more on the way.
Speaker 2: He's got one more on the way as well.
Speaker 1: All right, email me, guys, Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. On a brighter nose, you're listening to the Christian o'crl Show podcast.