Speaker 1: Hey lover is Happy Tuesday, and welcome to a very very special episode of Life Fine Part.
Speaker 2: I'm your host.
Speaker 1: Brittany and I'm Laura, and we are so chucked to bring to you this episode today. We have such a special guest in and Laura.
Speaker 2: We don't really do guests often. We don't do a lot of guests because we are all about quality over quantity, and this guest today, she is like the Oprah of the fitness world.
Speaker 1: She's absolutely the Oprah. She was actually just named by Forbes as the most influential fitness figure in the world.
Speaker 2: Like that is huge. She's Oprah and she's just one of the most positive, energetic and motivating people that we have ever come across.
Speaker 1: She's also just had a base baby, so you guys, baby.
Speaker 2: Down, mum down hardcore in this episode, we truly did. She has an online community of over forty million people. There are forty million people in the world that go to her for advice.
Speaker 1: So we are so excited to introduce to you, Kayla.
Speaker 2: It's Zina's Kayla. Welcome to Life Uncut. How are you?
Speaker 1: Oh great?
Speaker 3: How are you guys?
Speaker 2: Look it's been a hot minute. I actually almost just caught us ask uncut.
Speaker 1: We've both been off on holiday for a little while, so you're actually our first person back.
Speaker 3: So congratulation, motivation.
Speaker 2: You are around motivation. We are back in the studio, but we're so happy to have you, and we both have our own Kayla BBG experiences. I myself, wonder yell, I myself. When we were in the Batch mansion, one of the girls, Kobe ap, brought in a full folder of all your workout oh my, which may be a little bit naughty that she printed them all off, but we need them every day.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you literally just said that. One person bought it and then the rest of you basically used it for free.
Speaker 2: But we didn't take them home.
Speaker 1: We just we did group workout exercises together and I freaking love them.
Speaker 3: Free advertising guys.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right. So I actually went on this huge around the world tree with my sister. We're both really into fitness. We went for three years and we're like, what are we going to do for three years? So we also bought your Bikini Bodyguide. Oh and you said that all the time and only probably still put on five killers.
Speaker 2: Kayla. We just wanted to bring you back to just before you started BBG. What was your life like then, what were you doing with yourself and where did the inspiration come from?
Speaker 3: So I was a trainer. I've been a trainer for ten years. So as soon as I could out of school, I did a personal training course. I actually went to university and studied to be I wanted to be a pe teacher. So I always had fitness in mind and I did personal training and I did that up to when I met Toby, who then after a while realized that, you know, we were both doing really well as trainers, and we had Instagram and people were following the account and we're just asking can we train with you? And so Toby said, look, unfortunately no, but because we were working really close to we still work closer together, but we were both trainers at the time. And he said, unfortunately no, but perhaps maybe a guide And I said, no way.
Speaker 2: Did you you vetoed that?
Speaker 3: Yep? I was like, no way, No one will be interested in that. No one's gonna buy it. Like I mean, I want to help people, but I just don't think that a guid Like I want to be able to be there and I can't be there.
Speaker 2: Also, I guess it's probably a little bit intimidating to think that you have the authority to put it out there and tell people on such a mass scale how to exercise and what to do. So what was it that got you over the line that you were like, Okay, this sounds like a good idea because it was very ahead of the times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess it was. I think Toby really Like Toby convinced me I'm not gonna lie and say like I had some big idea and it was my Like, it was all my idea and I planned this. I didn't. Toby was like, just please, He's like, you can't keep responding. No, it's very unprofessional, Like.
Speaker 2: You reply to those emails.
Speaker 3: He was like you because I was giving up my phone number and I was honestly saying, if you ever in Adelaide, like, here's my number, like come for a training session. He's like, it will take us an hour to take a couple of photos and put it in a guide. And I was like, okay, well didn't take an hour. It took weeks. The guys that you printed out that you're just talking about, that's what we did on a white piece of paper. Yeah, it available to women.
Speaker 2: It's amazing how much it's kind of organically grown. But I mean it doesn't organically grow like you've hustled this hard to be able to get to a point now. But you have a mass such an incredible following. Eleven point nine million people on Instagram watch what you do and are engaged in the information that you're putting out. Do you feel that there is this immense responsibility to the community that you're creating and to the information that you put out there.
Speaker 3: Yes, I feel I don't. A lot of people ask me if I feel pressure. The answer is not a fee pressure, But I do feel responsibility massively. So I more than ever now understand how women feel, especially post pregnancy and as a beginner. So yes, I do feel that huge responsibility to be able to help them and give them the right information and the tools that they need.
Speaker 1: You and Toby obviously got together as just trainers at the same gym, and so you have always worked with Toby. Yes, what's it like to work and live and travel and do every second of every day with your partner? Because I feel like there's a line that a lot of people don't want to cross, and that I don't want to go to work with their partner, But how do you guys manage that?
Speaker 3: So what people think and what actually happens is two different things. So me and Toby don't actually see each other during the day, so we're in We're okay. So yes, this makes sense now normal, So there is no I do not train with Toby. I do not work in the same office as Toby. I do not see Toby from probably seven am to six pm. So we had two different areas of the business. We stick to it. We stand our lane and the reason we're still together. I love him, but to work with him on the same desk, to train with him to yet no, No, I love you, but so did you ever do that though?
Speaker 1: Starting out at the beginning? Was that what it was like?
Speaker 3: So Toby, Toby's very tech sabby, he's very business minded. He is he is a heart of gold. And I was always the trainer. I was responsible for the community. I was out doing the boot camps. You asked me how to code and app I have no idea. That's to Tooby.
Speaker 2: So because we do have a very much a relationship slant on this podcast, how do you deal with conflict? Resolution within your relationship to go from business issues to relationship issues and how do you separate the two and be like cool, that was work, but you need to get home and do the dishes and change this goddamn happy.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, so we actually had to really work on this, and we actually sat down, and this has been the best thing that's ever happened to a relationship. I don't know if as a guy, if it's just a guy, I think it was just a toby thing. He was really found it really difficult to say how he feels. So he would say, that's a guy, he would give a statement, but he wouldn't say I feel So I said, how about we just sit down and you say, actually, how you feel not a statement? And then I'll sit down and say this is work related and I feel blah. And that's been the best thing that's ever happened to a relationships. So we always start with and it sounds silly, but it's worked. It's like, okay, so this is a work thing. I feel like I don't really like the color of this. I really want to change it. And he's like, okay, well I feel like blah and like and then we and then I'm like, okay, this is an honor thing. So we sort of like who's always like here's a subject title and this.
Speaker 2: But I really like that because I think otherwise things just become super muddy and then you end up having fights that kind of drag in from your personal life into your work life and you just don't have any clear separation. Yeah, sometimes you're like, I'm not giving you this criticism because because I want to hurt your feelings. It's actually got nothing to do with your feelings. I'm giving you this because we need to get the job done.
Speaker 3: Yes, And Toby is the CEO of the business, so like he has to pull me aside sometimes like this was maybe not now because you know, like more experience, but back in the day he'd pull me aside and say this, you can't say this, or oh god, and then it would be like this awkward tension. But now it's just yet so you need to get for seven years, here's the question.
Speaker 1: You're sitting down and you're talking about your feelings and you're saying, I don't like this, and he says, well, I don't like this.
Speaker 3: Who overrules?
Speaker 1: Who gets the final say? And says this is the way we're doing it, it's whoever makes the most sense, whoever's got the vocabulary that day.
Speaker 3: We're both very logical people, so like it's sort of yeah, it is. It's whoever makes the most sense and whoever has the best argument. Then the other person sort of just has to be like, okay, all right, I get it, or what about if you don't like this? Can I do this instead? He's like, yeah, absolutely. I'm like, all right, well, I'm happy with that.
Speaker 2: I know in our household, I do the majority share of the night shifts with our baby, and so I never make sense anymore.
Speaker 1: But I'm still right because I do the majority of the night share absolutely.
Speaker 2: In your relationship, who's doing the nighttimes with Anna?
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Girlfriends me.
Speaker 1: I feel like in that situation, though obviously I don't have a baby, I can't comment, but I'm gonna comment anyway, come at me. That's what I do. You guys pushed a baby out of your vagina and you carried it for nine months. You guys get the say, right, thank you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I need you in you know.
Speaker 3: What, I'm going to be that mum because when you're really tired, you want to take it out on your partner and be like, I'm so tired and you could have stayed up. But then I get jealous when he he's like, oh, she was really great, Like maybe like this some time he's like little bit, He's like, yeah, she was perfect, or he will say, oh, she didn't do that when I was with her. I'm like, oh my god, It's.
Speaker 2: So true, isn't it. Like, and I get so jealous when I'm awake with Marley May and Matt's just sleeping and I'm sitting there watching him sleep, and then he wakes up in the morning and goes, how was she, babe? Was she great? And I'm like, I hate you.
Speaker 3: If they also say you could have asked me for help.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was like, you know, if she was crying, you rolled over, I don't tell me.
Speaker 3: I should have to ask you.
Speaker 1: You know, you should just know.
Speaker 3: That's oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, back on topic, guys, how do you deal with failure? Because someone who has created such a successful business, I'm sure that you have seen your fair share of the ups and downs of what that throws at you, and how do you deal with it.
Speaker 3: In terms of business? I'm gonna sort of talk my talk the business up a little bit here, because we're catering to what people need constantly and never we've never done anything that people have been like, oh, like, I hate that. So what we do as a business, and because it's health and fitness, is we ask people what do you want, and then we take on board what they want and then we can give it to them. So there's never been a time. The only time that there has ever been something that we were like, oh oh is when we transition from ebook to app because we had no idea how to build an app. Yeah, crash Bane crash Bane crash, and we're like, Okay, how do we fix this? It's not as easy as just putting a pdf online.
Speaker 1: So it's not failure, but it's just like, I guess a learning curve or have You've just been like one of those really lucky people that have just nailed it from the beginning.
Speaker 3: I think I'm because I'm highlighting the success of other women, and I'm focusing on other women. It's nothing to do with me. So I've never done anything where I've been like oh, like damn, like why did I do that? It's always you know, look at this girl look at what she's done, or look at this mom and look at what she's done. I've never I've not experienced that. The only time I felt like I struggled is just in my own personal journey returning back to fitness. I was a trainer and then getting back into the gym and not being able to do one thing. I just felt like, was that my career done?
Speaker 2: What I'm excited to talk to you about babies, congratulations. Now when I see and meet other moms, I am so excited because I just know how fundamentally my life has changed in every aspect and it makes me so ha So not to put that on you, I'm sure you're just as happy as well. Actually, but how has your life changed since you had your baby? In every single way?
Speaker 3: Every single way said to my mom, and I know every single mom listening to this will say this, and they think this is just like, what did you do before? How much spare time did you have? Because I have Anna now and that's all I think about. That My life revolves around her, rolls around her schedule, what she eating, what she doing, and she breathing, oh my God, like it's just constant, and that my life has changed completely for the better. I'm obsessed.
Speaker 2: I used to think I would never be one of those mums who'd be like, oh, you want to see photos of my child. I know you didn't ask you. Sorry that I've had my phone storage. Going back to your the beginning of your pregnancy, like what was pregnancy like for you?
Speaker 3: So happy and safe to say. I did not enjoy pregnancy, and just I thought I would. And you know what, I got this false like hope because so many people came up to me. They're like, you're so lucky because you know what, You've set yourself up. You're fit, you're strong, eat healthy, like you're gonna have the best pregnancy. You're just gonna out. I was like yes, and then I was like no. I literally remember crawling on my hands and knees to the bathroom, like I literally couldn't stand up, and someone said to me. It was my mum's friend. She said, look, after twelve weeks, it goes after twelve weeks, thirteen weeks, fourteen weeks, please stop. And then as soon as the morning sickness sort of stopped, I got reflux, and then the reflux was so bad that I got restless. Leg where it's the most uncomfortable. You can't sit, you can't stand, you can't sleep, and then I got sciatic nerve paints. It was just one thing after the other. I was like, just let me enjoy it, Like I look great, Like let.
Speaker 2: Me I liked my friends in the park.
Speaker 3: I looked it, I look awesome, but I just felt so crappy.
Speaker 1: But that's also nice, I think for a lot of people to hear, because Instagram, obviously is this place that we all put our best foot forward, and it's a highlight reel obviously, but I think there are a lot of women out there that want to hear that. They want to know that it wasn't a walk in the park and someone like you, who was you know, at your peak fitness, still strug and hated every second.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you can only give so much on Instagram, Like people don't read your caption, so I remember, like I'm being like ladies, like I never do this, but like I actually need your help, Like I have the worst reflux. Like someone helped me. This lady wrote have you tried fruit tingles? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I love them?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Did you do a reflux? Shut up? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh my god. If you're listening and have reflux, get on the fruit tingle.
Speaker 3: Shut up.
Speaker 1: Yeh.
Speaker 2: I was drinking like bicarb soda mixed with water and no wonder you felt sick. Yeah, but it worked, but it was awful. But I totally relate to what you've just said because I kind of always had the opposite spectrum, And not to gloat about having a great pregnancy, because I did have lots of bits and pieces that like, I also had sciatica and like all the fun stuff, But I was so over prepared to hate it because I had so many people tell me how shit it is being pregnant that I was like, well, we're in for a real doozy here. And then I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't have the intensity of the difficult times other people have when they're pregnant. So I do think that other people's expectations can really shape and form how you end up feeling towards a situation, especially something like pregnancy, where every single person's journey is so different, so you kind of get to the end of it and you're like, stop giving me advice because you don't know how I feel right now, because mine is different to yours.
Speaker 3: And that was that was the one. The biggest thing that I guess I disliked was the opinions, opinions and so many opinions, and you need to do this and you need to do that. And then it was also Greek, so I also had the old Greek ladies with all the Greek myths. So don't kiss so fat because you'll never walk. Please stop, please just stop, leave me alone, Like.
Speaker 2: Wait, why who was kissing your feet? Also as well?
Speaker 3: But I was kissing my feet. This is cute. Don't kiss artist feet because you'll never walk, That's what people.
Speaker 1: I literally put the entire foot in my mouth and I suck on it well because it's just we're just like you just want to eat, Like I stick a whole cheek in my mouth, and then I realized, I'm like sucker fishing a and she's just there, like what.
Speaker 3: You were saying. Post pregnancy, you thought it was gonna be bad. When I had Anna, I was told by my mom, She's like, she's gonna be like you, and you better be prepared because you had the worst reflux and you had colleague and you. So I was so prepared that when I came out, I was like, ah, it was amazing, but my homewores hit me like I cannot even explain, like a truck. And I was fine for four days. I was like ha ha, like baby blues don't exist like and I got home and I was like, I can't breathe like I usually can't breathe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you come down like a sack, like absolute sack of shit, don't you, Because it's you're on this elated high, this feeling of complete like an utter endorphin rush that you get straight after birth, and then it's only got to go somewhere. I can't stay there forever. Can you tell the biggest come down in your life?
Speaker 1: Tell someone like me who has not had a child, and all of our listeners, no, because I think this is important to talk about too. When you say that when you got home you couldn't breathe, was that because of things like you were thinking about her in terms of oh is she still breathing? And was it an anxious thing for her? Or were you just like, what have I done? My life has changed aspect?
Speaker 3: Nothing nothing to do with that. So what happens is is, yes, like you said, those hormones that they have to go somewhere. So what happens is one drops down and one kicks in to produce milk. And as that happens, you literally your body like takes over you. So you start crying about nothing, like I don't know, so this this is what happened to me. So you're laughing at me, but I'm just remembering.
Speaker 1: I'm remembering how fucking crazy I was so great.
Speaker 3: I so I was like I could feel it was like, but what you get before your period, but times are thousands, So like sudden crying, like heart racing, felt like I was having the flu, hot then freezing cold, and looking at Anna and she was sleeping, I'm like, is she breathing? Oh my gosh. Like Toby's like down, take a second, not even just and he was just holding me. He just was so helpless to know what to do. And I looked at him. I remember just crying and looking at him in the eye and he grabbed my face and I was like, when is this going to stop? Because I know that this isn't me and I know this is my homewards, but I just needed to calm down because it's making me feel like I'm going to have a panic attack. Yeah, and it wouldn't go away, and it didn't go away for two weeks.
Speaker 2: It makes it so hard, isn't it, And especially when it's your first time, you don't know what you're doing, You've got no clue, and so you just kind of it's like you've just created this human and then the doctors and nurses and the midwives like, go home and keep it alive. This is all you now, and just that pressure is so incredibly overwhelming. But moving into how you then overcame after the birth and getting back into fitness and getting back into work, because it seems like you kind of got back into stuff really really quickly, and how was that for you and how was finding your new identity as a mum.
Speaker 3: I waited till six or seven weeks to go back into training. And I always say this, like they clear you for training, but like, what did they clear me for? They're like, okay, for you to exercise. I'm like sorry, what like they do a math on shure? I just did like, okay, hold on one second, what do I do? And then I remember being like I remember getting to the gym and I remember going what do I do? And I'm a trainer, like I'm a personal trainer, and I was so lost. I remember doing my first campaign around seven weeks post pregnancy, and I just felt not.
Speaker 2: Me, What do you mean by your first campaign?
Speaker 3: So we did Sweat Nation, and I wanted to be I wanted to be no, no, no. It wasn't a tool. I didn't do it. I couldn't do anything. It was just a campaign for work and it was Sweet Nation, and we wanted women to do Sweat, like thirty days of a program from Sweat and I wanted to be on board with that because I didn't want the other trainers to have thirty days of their program. But no, BBG. Yes, I was like, I'll do it, I'll do it. It was the hardest day of my life and I was expressing at the time in the bathroom, trying to run back out and do my recording. I'll show you guys, we can play the recording.
Speaker 2: You're a superwoman. How do you feel about the expectations that there are to have this pre baby bounce back.
Speaker 3: As a trainer. I think I I have an advantage because I understand that that's not going to happen. Yeah, you never, So when you for people listening to this. When you give birth, your body changes completely and it's a new body. So you have to think about your body as soon as you give birth as a fresh star. You need to keep that in mind when you get pregnant. As soon as I give birth, that's my fresh start. So what you do with that body after that is new. It's literally beginning again. So I understood that I was never going to bounce back. You don't bounce back anyway you bounce, you bounce forward.
Speaker 2: It's one of those things like I've always found it really interesting. I never thought about it much until you know, I was in this situation myself. But we put so much emphasis on how beautiful the pregnant body is, Like we do maternity photos and we really glorify the fact that we're growing a human. But then it seems like as soon as we've had a baby, there's this pressure to then erase every single sign that there was ever a baby in there all together. And it's like, yeah, you can get back in shape, but you can't really, Like the stretch marks don't go and your boobs don't go back to where they were, and guess what your malasma doesn't go away. And there's all these other signs of the fact that you have been pregnant, which you know they're all marketings. Is the fact that you've created a beautiful human. But why do we want to be pre baby body? Like, we can still be a really strong and healthy version of ourselves. But it's a new us and I love that you've said that.
Speaker 3: Early it is. It's a new us and a new chance to make a change. And women, once you start working out, you feel so much better that there has been I can't even count how many women who have never worked out before had a baby start working out and been like, I'm in the best shape of my life. Yeah, you have to do something for yourself. And that's what women don't do post pregnancy. And that's what fails women because they do nothing because you don't know, you don't know. You want to do everything for your baby, you do nothing for yourself.
Speaker 1: When you were seven weeks postpartum. Exercising is that right? Yeah, once you started working out.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't call it exercise them. I've to put it one foot in front of the other.
Speaker 1: When you started, you obviously had a lot of support, but you did look I remember following you. You did look amazing. Did you get a bit of heat from different people as well, like it's unrealistic or you're exercising too soon, or because I feel like you just can't win.
Speaker 3: I definitely didn't exercise too soon. I don't know. This is another thing about Instagram. I had a big break from Instagram, so the next thing they saw was me in the gym. But there was a seven week waiting period from when I gave birth to when I was able to work out, and I did everything so sloty and I did everything right. So any sort of uneducated comments like oh, you know, you bounce back or whatever, I didn't bounce back. I was. I had a cesarean. I couldn't put one foot in front of the other on a treadmill. I had to start from the beginning. And I think that's a journey that's now coming to light with my new IGTV series, which I will explain more and get into more about what actually happened when after I gave birth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess that for some people, I mean seven weeks, Like I still couldn't do anything much at seven weeks. But this is your job as well as my job, and that's something I think people need to keep perspective on. It's like your life outside of just being a mum now is that you do have fitness and finnis is your job, whereas like I'm a jority designer. That's my job. And I got back to that at seven weeks after I had my baby. And so you make time for the thing that are really really important to you, and you prioritize the things that are important to you. And this is something that you had to prioritize because it's a massive part of your life.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Look, the teams came up to me and they said, look, we don't know it's a year later, but you know you might do you want to go to Dubai? Do you want to do a boot camp? And I was like, I don't know how I'm going to feel, but in my head like I want to strive to be able to do that boot camp. I want to that's important to me. That's that this is my life. This is what I do. And I'm not like a personal trainer in the gym. I'm responsible for forty million women.
Speaker 2: I know social media.
Speaker 3: So I was like, you know what I want to do and want to do Dubai. I want it and I'm doing it. I'm doing it next week.
Speaker 1: So oh that's the next week.
Speaker 2: Credible. I'm going to ask you how you stay motivated, but the fact that you have forty million people behind you being like, what the fuck do.
Speaker 1: We do now, Kayla, it's pretty dare motivating.
Speaker 3: That's it being a trainer. I know the benefits of health and fitness. I know the benefits of exercise. I know how I feel after my session. So I don't want anyone listening to this thinking that I went into the gym and I was like, yeah, super motivated. I want to be here because I didn't. I didn't. I wanted to go home. I was tired and I saw and I was upset that I couldn't do what I could do and what I used to be able to do. I was upset, but I showed up because I knew that it would make me feel amazing. So day after day, I was my own motivation because I just knew what i'd feel like after. I always focus on how I feel, not how I look.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that was one of my questions I wanted to ask you, and it was more in regards to how Instagram itself has changed over the years since you started your BBG programs, and I think that when we first all got on Instagram, there was very much this. It was a highlight real like everyone put the best bits, and it was very, very aspirational, but it was aspirational from an esthetic point of view, not necessarily from this genuine lifestyle perspective, which I think it's changed. And I really think people engage with stories, they engage with real people, they engage with comparison so they can look at someone else and go like, yeah, I relate to that, like that's real. And I love that your whole Instagram is real women in real bodies and it's the changes that they've all made, which is incredibly relatable. My only question to you about it is have you ever stopped and thought, like, what does bikini body ready mean to me?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What is that? I'm sure you have and what is your yeah, and what is your take on that now? Because I think that there's this kind of like almost a sensitivity about talking about bikini bodies because we all think, he I got a buddy, I'm bikini ready, and then that's all you need, right, So true, talk to me about your your meaning behind it and whether your thoughts and that has changed it all.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I think you're like this story. So when I used to work at the gym women's only personal training center, this was many, many years ago, So say ten years ago, women would walk in and I'm like, okay. So as a trainer, you have responsibility, have to sit down, you have to give them, you have to ask them a few questions. So the first question is always what's your goal? And I honestly swear and ninety percent of the time that have a photo of celebrity and they'd say, I want a bikini body, and I'm like, all right, what's a bikini body? So ten years ago, fifteen years ago, biginnibody was Barbie. So whatever Barbie looks like, that's what bikini body was. So when I released the program, I was like, you know what, sick of this? So I got a bikini bodyguard. And then I started highlighting the success of women from all over the world, and I showed women from everywhere with different body types. So now, if you ask someone what's a bikini body? So if I ask you right now, what's a bikini body?
Speaker 2: You got a body, you can wear it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have no idea, and you don't want to answer the question because you're like, I don't know, and you're very confused, Like you're very confused. I have no idea what bikini body is, because the bikini body is when you feel comfortable in your beginning, doesn't matter what you look like. So there had to be a change. Someone had to make the change, and it's not it's because of programs like BBG and because of influences that and because of self love and those sort of movements that the whole world has absolutely no idea, which I love, like I love that so biginni body.
Speaker 1: Is when you feel comfortable in a piginni and it is, and it's changed so much now because I remember looking at magazines, like you said, back when we started, when we were teenagents, and all you wanted to be was so skinny, and that were the.
Speaker 3: Words though they were. You can't even write those words now, no, you know not to say them. You know not to write them, because it's just not a thing. Lose tank, helip, straight fat.
Speaker 1: That is now. I'm like, oh my god, I just did twenty pull ups. That's what I'm amazing. That's what I'm going for. And it's strong as in and curves are in and you.
Speaker 2: Can do twenty pull ups yeah I was when.
Speaker 1: I was doing CrossFit. Really yeah, oh wow, I could do it probably like forty.
Speaker 2: I'm impress push ups. I can't do much at the moment. I'm like, I'm still trying to get back into my fitness. I'mchloring away. It can some time in my day to be able to do it.
Speaker 1: But it's nice that you have assisted obviously this huge movement in from what we were and what teenagers wanted to strive to be to now, which is literally anything goes as long as you feel good.
Speaker 3: I love that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also think that like a lot can be, a lot can be tied up in a name that doesn't necessarily encompass the whole thing. So like if I wasn't to know what your programs were, which I'm I think majority of people know what your programs are, but if I was just to hear the name of it, that in itself, I might go, oh, I don't know how that sits with me. But because I know what you put out there, I know your ethos, I know what you stand for, and I know what is on your Instagram and the content that you put out. There's no part of me that sits here thinking that you know, you need to lose all this weight in order to have a bikini body. Yeah, because I love that you showcase women of all shapes and sizes at all different parts of their fitness journey and they're all just trying to get to a point where they feel happier and more confident in themselves. Correct, And that sounds like what it's about.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. I will always say, you can be the most esthetically beautiful looking human in the whole world, but if you don't feel good, what's the point even ask you, guys, if you think about the most beautiful person you know, the most kind hearted, most beautiful person you know, I bet you it's not a girl from a magazine. I bet it's your mom or your grandma or someone that you look at and you're like, she's just the best, Like she's just that's what makes them beautiful, and that's what we need to focus on.
Speaker 2: But I mean, that's who you are at essence, Like you're not going to have the tight ass and tight abs, and you know, perk boobs when you're seventy So what's that going to do for you?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: You know it might.
Speaker 3: One morning at it and I'm just like one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: So tell me what is next for Kayla? What is on the horizon?
Speaker 1: Tell us about the programs. You got these two new programs.
Speaker 3: So I've just released two new programs. So that's post pregnancy for every woman that's ever felt the anxiety and the stress that I felt in the first day in the gym and not having the tools that I wanted that day, I've released that program for them. And I've also released BBG Beginner for the person who mounts to start, doesn't know where to start, or the person that's had a big break and maybe doesn't want to jump straight back into high intensity or CrossFit like yourself, Like you know, you remember doing that CrossFit training or you remember doing that marathon, but maybe you can't jump straight back into that because you've taken a break from it now and you don't know. So Beginner program is really important for me as well to release. So moving forward, I think I'll just now try and help more women. I've now able to take them on a journey post pregnancy BBG Beginner high intensity into the gym to do weights for bbdo Stronger, So I'll just I'll just keep adding.
Speaker 1: So Laura, you should maybe jump on the beginning program.
Speaker 2: I need to jump on more post pregnant. Yes, post pregnancy programs. That's what I need in my life. Just before I got pregnant, I was in the best shape of my life where Matt and I were going to go to the logis and I was like, I'm god, I.
Speaker 1: Get ripped and read it, and then I got pregnant like three weeks later, and then I just had no energy through my pregnancy.
Speaker 2: So I found I mean, I still do walking and that's my thing, but actually finding time to do proper exercise it's just gone out the window massive. But you've got to start somewhere, right, And I love that you know now that your as your life changes, you're offering changes as well, and now you can cater to women who are at different stage of their life because it's it must be difficult when you're young and fit and beautiful and then you're like, hey, guys, exercise like this. There's different aspects of your life and as you kind of grow into being a woman with a baby, like, actually, no, I've done it. You can do this, It's doable.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I remember everyone used to be like you just wait till you have kids. Everything changes, Like I've got a baby, Like I'm relatable, I'd.
Speaker 2: Love me.
Speaker 3: It's so true.
Speaker 2: I want to know what is the best advice that you have ever seen or a piece of advice that you can give to listeners.
Speaker 3: So the best advice this is. This has nothing to do with being a mum though, but this has to do with like social media and stuff like that. That was my year seven teacher, and she said, when you're using social media, make sure that this is year seven. So remember I'm how old am I will be? Like twelve years old. She's like, when you're using social media, make sure or when you're using the Internet, because it wasn't social media. When you're using the Internet, make sure that you use it like your grandma's looking over your shoulder. And I've always stuck to so.
Speaker 2: I love that. Well, yeah, my grandma's pretty blind, so I reckon I could get.
Speaker 1: Well, she's not deaf, so she's not, but she forgets things. So I can say whatever I want every time I take Moley down to them. They're like, what a beautiful boy you're not.
Speaker 3: That's fine, that happens to that. He's so cute. I'm like, it's a guy.
Speaker 2: How do you find time to fit everything in? Because you do when speaking to you sound like an incredible superwoman and there are so many facets of life that you're juggling, Like do you have help? How do you do it? How do you prioritize?
Speaker 3: Okay, so I did two programs that literally changed my life that I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I should show the out because them, yeah, come on, come out on this.
Speaker 3: I did, Okay, So I don't know if you're interested, but they're amazing. So there's one called Little Ones and there's one called Taking care of Babies, which is taking Kara Babies. He name's Carra. But there are two programs that I did that Ana is. She now sleeps through, she's in a perfect schedule, and I work around her. In terms of help, I'm Greek, so yes, and you have a villaine and I credit to any mum listening to this that does not have any help and is by herself, like, you are amazing because I have the opportunity to take her to my grandma's house and go to you know, go to the shops and go get some groceries, or take her to my mom's or my sister will watch her for it, so I always have help. And yeah, so that's how I sort of manage. And Toby obviously watches her while I go to the gym. So I, yeah, I've got into a really good routine. And that's my biggest thing. You need to get into a routine. Of those two programs, I can't even I'm not sponsored by and this is not sponsored I bought the programs myself, but they are just save life savers.
Speaker 2: Like being a mom is such a community where there's always another mom who's like, hey, have you tried this? Hey tried.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to be the mom that's like, but I tried this, try that tried this because I was like, oh stop stop, let me. But I found these programs myself. I did the research and Anna is just yeah, just perfect, It's beautiful. She had reflex and colics. So don't think that I got off with her.
Speaker 1: And I guess, you know, people just want to relate to you and feel like you're a normal human as well. So we sort of want to know what your most embarrassing moment is.
Speaker 3: Do you have one seven hundred embarrassing?
Speaker 1: Because our life is just one embarrassing moment, but we want to know what yours is.
Speaker 3: Okay, So like I fell over in front of well, that's not really relatable, Like I was, I was doing a booque in front of two thousand people, and it's and I fell over on the stage embarrassing moment number one, that's still great. The other day I bent over to turn the oven off and I burnt all my hair off, and why I'm wearing a hair extension today. Literally left the fire like the sove on and I'd bend down to turn the oven off, and I just was like, something's burning. I was like, it's me. I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it. This only happened the other day.
Speaker 1: But that's your most hair axtension in right now, because like, yeah, I feel like burning your hair off three days ago in the oven cooking at home is pretty relainful.
Speaker 2: I don't think you need to go further than that.
Speaker 1: And then having to wear a hair extension, no.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it's better than having singed hair. How much. How much hair are we talking?
Speaker 1: What have you done for people that can't see a lit.
Speaker 3: I'm actually that is such a fire job.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, did you just say that?
Speaker 2: Okay, Tyler, thank you so much for joining us. We've absolutely loved speaking to you, and we really love what you do, and we love what you put out, and we love what you stand for, and we're so happy to be able to have you on the podcast. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm obviously been a fan of you from the beginning, so one was like low key slash not so low key super tough and that you hear.
Speaker 2: At all.
Speaker 1: Kayla, thank you so much for coming in today. We have one last thing that we do at the end of every episode, and that is cool, suck and sweet. Essentially, it's the suck sucky thing's happened to you this week and the best thing that's happened to you this week. It can literally be anything. Laura, maybe you can start so Kayla can have a think about what her suck and sweeter.
Speaker 2: Guys, I have a doozy ever suck this week. You can always it's well, it's a really really really shit one. No one wants this. I got pulled over by the police because I was putting an address into my phone stopped at the traffic lights. Unmeknownst to me that there was a copper next to my window on a motorbike and he just leant over tapped on my window and was like no, no, no, I'm doing my little finger point. And I felt like such idiots. I never I never ever used my phone and drive, and I copped a three hundred and fifty dollars fine and lost five points.
Speaker 3: That sucks.
Speaker 2: It really really really sucks. So look take it from me. I'm a bad person. I made a mistake. I'm sorry. Don't be on your phone and drive the car because you'll get lots of trouble.
Speaker 1: I like that sucker because usually Laura's suck is Marley shat on me this week. That every way that you're never said that as a suck, thank you. But yes, my sweet has something to do with Marley, so goddamn it, what is it?
Speaker 2: Okay, my sweet? My sweet is also kind of both as well. So my sweet is is that Marley is now sleep trained? Like does that? Is that what you call it? It's like it's like training your dog. My child is sleep trained. She's great. I put her in I mean, she cries a bit, but I put her in her cot and she has a little protest. She's like a little tiny, angry dictator and then she falls asleep or by herself.
Speaker 3: Beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's amazing. But did you like, I don't know if this is weird, but I had this moment where I was watching her sleep the other night and then I got really sad because I was like, you're not a new one anymore. You don't even need me to put you to sleep. I'm irrelevant, not relevant. Years later, you gotta la, all right, Kayla, what about you?
Speaker 3: So that is my my suite? Is that Ana for the first time slept through And we were in New York and it was the first night and she was meant to have jet lag and she didn't. She slept seven till seven.
Speaker 1: Shut, So that is nice.
Speaker 3: Over the moon. I was like, this is gonna be the worst night. I haven't had any sleep from the plane. And she went seven till seven, So amazing, amazing. My my suck, what sucked? My god? Okay, my suck was trying to navigate through the American airports with eight bags and they wanted to test every single damn thing. Take off your shoes, give me that bottle. What's that water? Throw that out? I can't throw that up. Throw out the food. You're not throwing out the food. So they're arguing. So that sucked. And we had twenty minutes to get to a flight which was on the other side of the airport. That you're in the wrong terminal. It's like, all right, we're gonna run. Poor Anna's strapped me while we're running through the airport. She ended up falling asleep. But anyway, that pretty sucky for us.
Speaker 2: Well you're pretty suspect looking. So how did you find traveling with a baby?
Speaker 3: I had the most. So I was like, you doing like before pregnancy. I had the worst. I was like, this is going to be the worst. She killed it. She's amazed, amazing. I was the problem. She was great.
Speaker 2: We just did a trip as well, and our little one was so good and it just filled me with so I was like, yes, we can still do this. We can still be parents who travel. We could be cool parents. It was so satisfying getting home and it just like we nailed it. Brittany, what is your suck and speet?
Speaker 1: Oh? Well, mine's a bit of a serious one this week. Guys, my suck. I just got back from overseas and the fires in my hometown, portman Quarry were horrific. They were right like fifty meters to my door. We lost like seventy five percent of our koalas. So I've just come back from home, just checking on my family, making sure everything's okay. But that was pretty sucky. And the whole town, I mean, it's all over Australia right now, but yeah, it's hideous. The town just really came together and everyone's helping everyone out, everyone's just adopting random animals, and it was actually quite beautiful to see everyone come together in such like a horrific time. So yeah, that's pretty big sucks for sucks.
Speaker 2: I think that that's like the one of the tiny silver linings that there are whenever there is a catastrophe, is that the community is so beautiful in the way that they band together, where you know, I think that sometimes we can kind of forget that we had this sense of community and something terrible happens and we're like, oh, that's right, you know, we do still have neighbors in this very modern world, and we all do still care about each other, so that is a really shitty suck.
Speaker 1: Brit My sweet. To be honest, I came straight back from there to here, so it's probably right now with you guys, just because she's well, it's nice, you know, it's nice to come straight out of something horrific and down like that and then come and have a laugh with some girls.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry that was a boring one, but it's right now. That's real life. That's really important. But it definitely bloody. I've been getting fined. I hate my life, Kayla. Thank you so much for coming like we just absolutely loved that.
Speaker 2: We were so excited to.
Speaker 1: Chat to you, and I hope I think everyone's going to learn something from having a chat with you.
Speaker 2: Guys, thank you so much for tuning in to another episode of Life Uncut. We absolutely love making these episodes for you and we hope you love listening to them.
Speaker 1: Remember, guys, we are an independent podcast and we want to keep bringing this to you, So if you can hit subscribe, hit five stars.
Speaker 2: Tell a friend and your friend's friends, and share the love. Because we love love
Speaker 3: The Gamba Weir Bram Kababa