Speaker 1: This is Outspoken. The podcast is not afraid to say exactly what you're thinking. Our names are Amy Kate and Sophie Torba. We're identical triplets, but we often don't have identical opinions, so sometimes things can get heated. Outspoken covers all things reality TV, influences, entertainment, and issues facing women. That is so fat. Thank you, Happy Friday, and welcome back to another episode of Outspoken.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: This week, I could not have agreed more with Brooke Hogan. She went on an Instagram story and said that she's got no idea what to wear anymore because she's basically been wearing activewear for the last year and she's got no idea what's going on in fashion anymore. This is what she had to.
Speaker 2: Say, having a moment, I think where all I've worn for basically the past year is activewear every single day that I actually don't know in terms of style what suits me anymore. And I'm really struggling with pants and shoes. I usually love high waisted like flared, but then they look weird with boots, but then I don't have any straight leg pants that I like, and then I have no shoes to it. Other than runners because my boots are quird. I just I'm really struggling, guys, And I'm not sure if it's just like fashion or if it's the fact that I've been so reliant on active wear that I've just completely lost touch with what's.
Speaker 1: Called Yeah, well, the lockdowns have completely screwed me over, but also so has working from home for four years, Sophie. Because we are really lucky to wear track pants every day to work if we wish to. Why I don't actually wear track pants. I wear tight save me to work. I don't know, you're a very big track suit person. But I could not agree more with their sentiment about trying to find boots that go with flares or the new mum jeans, because I was getting ready for a meeting and I've bought these new nice boots and I was so excited to wear them with my new jeans, and I literally like a pirate or something trying to get they just look ridiculous and you've got to wear white shoes with them. But then I feel like that's unprofessional to wear to a meeting. Yeah, I feel like it's either sneakers or high heels that look good with some of those new flared pants or oversized pants. It's like I'm not wearing high heels. They're not really made for winter either, are they. Because you've got this slight bit of your ankle that's poking out, do you know what you've got to do? So for you, you've just got to wear skinny jeans because you can wear boots with skinny jeans, you can wear sneakers with skinny jeans, but they're uncomfortable. I literally I cannot bring myself to wear uncomfortable pants. I have to. I mean, as soon as I get home from work, I either get into tights or my pajamas. And literally, I've been wearing the daggiest pair of ripped jeans to work. It's actually disgusting. They're like five years old and falling apart, but they're the most comfortable because the low ride. Now I'm not trying to name drop here, but we actually do a bit of work with Callum Han from Mastership and it was pretty funny because we had to be at this shoot that was really early in the morning. It was a bit of a marketplace tour for our client, pick a local, and basically I just chucked my mum jeans on and I'm renowned for never having socks that match. Anyway, I had two different socks on, and they're not the cool socks that go below the sneakers. They were the ones that just go above and you look like a dog.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: So you had one sock that was like an ankle sock, and then you had one sock that was a higher Yeah, so it looked like an absolute mess. Anyway, Callum was standing there and I went up to order something at the cafe and he said, oh, oh yeah, ankles cold in those I can see your socks poking out and I and I just wanted the floor to swallow me at that point because but but this is what I don't get. Aren't those long socks now in amy? Because you were trying to rock some sort of high Nike socks with tights on a walk. I have seen Sarah's Danger New active wear shoet is that in? Because I wouldn't even know, well, it's apparently in. And the only reason I bought them was because I kept wearing these penguin bed socks around on our walks. That wasn't a great And Sophy said, I looked so bad that I thought, well, if I buy these Nike long socks, at least I'm kind of in fashion. But I've got to say on Brooks comments, she actually looks really good in an active wear and I just look like a complete bum. Yeah, that's the thing. There is a real difference between like a nice set of active wear and just the shit that, like the mismatched shit that you wear. My issue is that I'm not one of those people that look clean. Now, I don't know, I'm not obviously not a mum, but I feel like mums could relate to the feeling of not looking clean, because I mean they probably have vomit all over their clothes. I instead have makeup, so all of my collars have foundation or powder or something on it. So I'd go out of the house and just look unclean. Well, that's like because I've had, you know, the lockdown, and I feel like, as Brookers said, everyone's been wearing active wear for the past year and a half. It was so funny the other day I wore jeans in front of dal Or and I just had a normal hoodie on, and He's like, looking good. I was like, I've literally made no efforts, So maybe that's the only positive thing that when you actually do make a slight effort, people not well. Jean's now is an effort, it really is.
Speaker 3: You can never have enough hats, gloves, and shoes.
Speaker 1: Chloe sepp Is called out Outspoken, as well as gossip pages and articles for putting her down. On Tuesday night, the Gold Coast based influencer shared a lengthy post on Instagram where she invited followers who didn't align with her to unfollow her. Kate, do you think Chloe is an Outspoken listener? Well, it is possible that she listened to Monday's episode, but I think it's more likely that she discovered our podcast through the Daily Mail. So it seems like some journalists from the Daily Mail are listening to Outspoken because they've written quite a few articles based on conversations that we've had on our podcast. So on Tuesday, they wrote an article based on our discussion on Monday's podcast episode where we revealed that Chloe has lost over six thousand followers in the last thirty days, and this came after she shared her support for the protests, and in contrast, we spoke about how Abby Chatfield had gained over sixteen thousand followers after calling out the protest Now. Funnily enough, the Daily Mail also wrote an article based in now comments around Tammy Hembroove's new Bentley and her getting ten and makeup marks on it seems like there was a bit of a slow newsday. I had a few friends send this through and I thought it was absolutely hilarious. I did like that the Daily Mail tagged our podcast as well, because always a bit of good pr I want to say thank you to whoever it is from the Daily mailers listening. It made my day. Actually, this thing, I mean, you know, it is a questionable publication at times, but you know, maybe they're looking up in the world if they're starting to report on stuff from the podcast. Amy, what can you please share with us what Chloe's post actually said. Well, Chloe wrote two articles gossip pages, podcast people, anyone out there to put others down and in that fact, anyone feeding that listening to that engaging and that I'm here to set a harsh boundary. It's twenty twenty one and if you still participate in feeding on gossip drama, putting others down, you have an illness. And I'm telling you it's worse than any virus going around? Now do you really like being so negative and horrible? Does it make you feel that good to put others down? If you're doing this, I really encourage you to be better, take your power back and become better for your own life instead of putting others down to try to get them on your level. You are so miserable on I promise you. I used to be judgmental, negative, but that was when I was really unhappy in myself. Now I'm thriving. I don't need to associate in that because I feel good and that brings me down. Now, if you're still here and you don't want to be better, unfollow me. I don't have time for people that aren't willing to be better. I'm losing followers by the day and I literally am waving them goodbye. The more alignment for me, the better. Only up from here. So Chloe's partner Mitch also shared the post, obviously showing his support and put clapping hands, and he also shared a photo of himself and his son Artie and wrote be so positive that negative people unfollow you on Instagram. Gee, I think that's really what's happening here. I think He's hit the absolute name on the head with that one. Well, the whole thing is that I feel like a lot of people who still follow Chloe Zepp would have read that, and they probably did go and unfollow her as a consequence, because so many people are just so angry about the misinformation she and her family are putting online during this lockdown. I think Chloe's response to this criticism from our podcasts and also other media outlets was incredibly disappointing. I mean to be honest, though, I wasn't surprised, as this is the default response from basically every influence that we've ever held to account on this podcast. Rather than actually taking the constructive criticism on board, they always instead deem it as bulling, and they just try to push their rhetoric that everyone is miserable and jealous of all. There's a reason why people are unfollowing them, and it's because of the negative messaging they've been putting out recently. Yeah, I agree, Amy, and I'm getting really frustrated that influencers think that they are above feedback. If you just look at the name given to them. Influencers have a powerful influence on our society, particularly the younger generations. So if you're an influencer, you are not above critique. If you look at Chloe, she currently has a platform of six hundred and seventy six thousand followers. This is a massive responsibility and one that she has taken on board in order to enjoy the lifestyle she has been afforded due to her following. I mean, at twenty two years old, she has a multimillion dollar property, luxury cars, she has amazing goes on amazing holidays, has designer jewelry, bags and clothes. She's in a very enviable financial position thanks to this large following, and she has also had the opportunity to launch successful businesses based on this inbuilt audience. All of these opportunities have come to her from this social media following. And while I'm not trying to discount the work she has put into cultivating this following and launching her own business, it's pretty fair to say influencing is not a difficult job compared to others. If any of their daily Instagram stories of vlogs are anything to go by, It's a lot of exercising, brunching, and approving of other people's idea. Yeah, and The thing is, though, you're basically telling your audience who who by following you have given you this amazing life and these amazing opportunities to go away if you don't agree with their rhetoric on COVID. The other thing that disturbs me on so many levels is the constant throwing around of this term bulling. I'm sorry, there is no bulling involved if you were holding to account someone's behavior. We're critiquing Chloe Zep's behavior here. We are not critiquing her as a person or throwing around insults to me because her as a person. I mean, I've always loved following her and Mitch, but I can't stand by and let them put out this misinformation about COVID that is actually affecting the whole world. We can't stand by. I mean, personally, they're probably really nice people, but unfortunately you can't put this stuff out online that does a thing to go and have to go go and have a drink with them down the parb or have a lunch with them. I'm sure that they're lovely people, but when you dig a little bit deeper, we're talking. But that's what I'm saying. But I'm just saying that it's not bulling to disagree with some one's point of view and the harmful message that they're putting out to follow it. But at the at the end of the day, I feel like they've changed a lot in the last year and a half and it seems like since they've entered this kind of wellness environment that it's radically changed their opinions. And I saw this really great post that Olivia Rodgers shared from Claire Bowditch, and she said, choosing not to get vaccinated when you could get vaccinated is not a passive act in the current circumstances. It is, in fact, an act of deep aggression against Australian culture, artists, small business and our ability to move forward with our lives. And I could not agree more. I think that's why it's becoming quite personal, because it is a form of aggression and it is putting everyone's lives and livelihoods at risk now. Chloe continued to push medical misinformation on her Instagram stories this week, so on Wednesday, Chloe shared a post saying people who don't rely on pharmaceuticals and work on their health naturally are the healthiest people alive when did they become the spreaders of disease? When did they become the selfish ones? They put the most time, effort, and resources towards health than anyone else. Can she just put down her phone and stop googling this stuff now? She followed this up by sharing an image of two fish bowls, one with dirty water and the other with clean water. It then said how would you treat a sick fish theory? One? Medicate the fish theory? Two clean the tank? Oh I feel on it was that easy? So Shortly after these posts, Chloe began to backtrack on her commentary after presumably receiving backlash, saying she wasn't at all trying to put down pharmaceuticals or modern medicine. She wrote, ps, modern medicine is amazing and is life saving. I'm all here for it in certain circumstances. She then went on to say that she was talking about people with unhealthy habits that use pharmaceuticals to get rid of symptoms but don't treat the underlying cause. And then she spoke about her own experience with taking rot acotane and the pill to treat her acne. She said it was lifestyle food and emotions causing her acne, So changing her lifestyle, change the symptoms. Now, I'm sorry, but an infectious disease is slightly different to acne. Well, she's claiming that she wasn't, Like I feel like she's trying to say that she wasn't talking about COVID and this post was just made about healing your gut, health and all that kind of bullshit. But why would you make it when we're in the middle of a pandemic. Queensland's just gone into lockdown, Sydney is obviously in a long term lockdown. It's quite clear that she is trying to push a certain agenda, but then as soon as she gets any negative feedback, she quickly retreats. And it's like, no, no, no, I wasn't saying that. It's like you clearly were Exactly why would you be posting that sort of stuff during this time, and especially when you're aware that your followers are dropping. There's a reason why. Yeah, Well, it wasn't only Chloe that had a big week. Mitchell Orvil's week was quite controversial as well. So on Sunday, Mitch was hit by a car role riding his bike and Mitch jumped onto his Instagram story to share his experience. Bplained how a guy called Brad, who he'd met at the gym two weeks ago, was the first on the scene and picked him up with his girlfriend and dropped him home. Now, it was quite ironic because the guy Brad, he actually followed Mitch on Instagram, and he had told his girlfriend earlier that that day that he was going to do a three kilometer run because he felt very inspired by Mitch, because Mitch has been sharing that he's doing a three k run every day in twenty twenty one as a part of a New Year's resolution. So in the vlog, Mitch revealed that he and Chloe had been fighting in the car before the accident took place. Mitch said that he didn't want to sit in the car and continue to argue, so he got out and rode home on his bike. I'm confused where the bike. Oh, I think it was one of those you know, those bikes that you can that you can pick up off the side of the road, those e bike things. That's what I assumed. Okay, that made more sense. He then said. The conversation between him and Chloe was left open ended. And it would have been a terrible last conversation to have. Interestingly, after Mitch shared all this, he actually received a lot of backlash over the incident. Amy, can you tell us what happened? Yeah, so, some followers message Mitch saying he'd broken lockdown rules for getting into the car with the couple. So at the time, Southeast Queensland had gone into a lockdown and it was against the rules to be with people outside of your household. So what sparked the outrage from followers was the fact that Mitch she had and Instagram story when he was in the car with the couple and they weren't wearing masks in the car. So in Queensland, you can only leave your home for essential purposes. You must be wearing a face mask at all times when you leave the house, so obviously that applies to when you're in the car, unless you are alone in your car or with a member of your household. So these people obviously didn't expect that Mitch was going to be, you know, pop up and be hit by a car. To be honest, I thought the backlash was a little bit unfair on Mitch because I'm sorry, but this is obviously an emergency situation where someone has been hit by a car, so these people coming to his aid were obviously had his best intentions at heart and were trying to help. I think in these situations you can forgive them and him for not wearing mask. However, I do think it is slightly odd that the first thing they didn't do was call an ambulance, because you don't know what sort of internal injuries he may have been suffering from at the time. See for me, I think the backlash. While obviously it's not great that Mitch was in an accident, and I really do feel for him in that situation, I think it was really irresponsible to just jump into some people's car during the lockdown. Are you serious? Yeah? Why would you not call an ambulance? He had to tie a mark on his back. I agree about not calling an ambulance, but I don't think that the first thing you think when someone has been hit by a car, Hey, I'm going to whack my mask on. You probably think, fuck, I've gotta go and help that person. But it's not so much on him. He was clearly in shock and had a lot of adrenaline running through him. It should have been the people that came to his aid that said, mate, let's just wait for an ambulance because you could be have internal inn Look at the end of the day, I know the police commissioner here in South Australia said a lot of the rules with the masks of the common sense. So I don't think if there was a police officer who was there, I don't think they would have find any of them because of the situation that they found. But why couldn't Why couldn't the people in the car have been wearing masks if they picked him up. My boyfriend was hit by a car I think it was the start of this year, and he was in shock and it wasn't as bad as what happened to Mitch by the looks of Mitch's the tiremark on Mitch's bag, but he was very insistent that he didn't want to go to the hospital. And that's what, unfortunately a lot of men do. They're like, no, no, I'm fine, I'm fine. So he might have insisted to these people and they're not his family members, they're not going to say no, we're calling you an ambulance. Well, what do you guys think in regards because Mitch also caught backlash because the following day he went to the beach and it seems like it's a bit of a ritual for him. He goes down to the beach like five six am and does some special breathing exercises and meditation. So he was there with a friend, So in Queensland you are allowed to go on walks with a friend that's outside of your household. However, he was sitting next to him. They were clearly meditating on the beach, and in Queensland you can take your mask off if you're participating in strength was exercise. However, like I think just walking around you actually have to wear a mask, so I would assume that would be the same case with meditating. I think it's a bit nitpicking. It's a difficult one. I do feel like Chloe, Zepp and Mitchell are really under the microscope at the moment and people are just looking for things to be angered about. At the end of the day. I do think that Chloe spreading misinformation on an Instagram page is something to sort of jump up and down with. But I do feel like I don't know with Mitch, I don't know if he's actually like, obviously we need to call that people's behavior if they're doing the wrong thing. But as you said, Sophia, I think there's a bit of nitpicking going on. Yeah, I don't know. I just feel it's a bit of nitpicking. Obviously it's not the perfect situation. But they were outside on a beach. I have more of an issue when I see them walking around in shops with no masks on, when it's mandatory to enter these shops. Don't you think people are nitpicking because it's like a culmination of things, like if it was just I understand if he was just not wearing a mask on the beach, and he looked very emotional in the post that he did share. But my thoughts are, Okay, Firstly, you've gone to the extent of filming your reaction to this meditation after you've been hit by a car, so you're obviously in the mental space that you can set that up. Why could you then not wear a mask? It doesn't really add up. Maybe because of the deep breathing with the meditation, because that's the reason why you're not meant to have that's the reason why you're allowed to not have a mask. On. If you're doing lots of exercise, I'm assuming the deep breathing might have been white. Do it at home, then sorry, you don't have to do it at the beach. People are meant to be staying home and this is a serious illness that has been well. On the other hand, Kate, you've got to think about his mental health here. This guy was hit by a car. Potentially he's reflecting on the fact that he almost could have died. So maybe for him going to the beach is really aiding his mental health. I don't know. I think it's all a little bit nitpicky. I completely one hundred percent agree that the medical misinformation that chloes up is pushing, but I don't think it's fair to pick on every small little thing that they have ever done. I just think it's getting a little bit too nitpicky here.
Speaker 2: Could you just once not remember every little thing.
Speaker 1: Sammy Robinson has finally can firmed her split with long term boyfriend Nick Wheatley. This is what she had to say on YouTube.
Speaker 3: So many things in my life have changed in the last few months. Moved houses, moved houses, offices. We can't even go into the office anymore. My team changed on One Mile. I went through a breakup, which I don't really want to get into in this video. I don't really want to address it.
Speaker 4: But.
Speaker 1: It's kind of insane really.
Speaker 3: That's sort of why I've been a little ama on YouTube, To be honest, I have had massive anxiety about getting back on social media and talking about everything and slash. I've just been hustling with One Mile and distracting myself with that sort of side of my job. So I've definitely neglected you guys.
Speaker 1: What do you guys think caused Sammy to come out and finally speak about this topic, because she's released quite a few vlogs since the breakup and has stayed quiet on it. Well, I think that possibly a reason that she's come out and confirmed the split, But it is because of the rumor circulating about her new boyfriend, Jordan Simmy. So if she is in fact going to come out soon and announce that she's officially with this guy, she has got to confirm the split. Yeah, that could be true because Jordan Simmy has a podcast where he's pretty open and honest about his life, so it's only a matter of time if they are together that he's going to speak about her, and I, as you say, I suppose it looks good if she actually confirms that she has broken up with Nick. I did really feel for her, though, because she said she's been feeling really anxious about sharing this news on social media, and he gave a real insight into what it must be like having to share that sort of personal information to a big audience. Yeah, it did really humanize her, and I think it was good that she opened up about feeling that way, because a lot of people do expect to hear a lot of dirt and all the nitty gritty when people announce a breakup, So I think it was good that she said that she was somewhat nervous about doing so. Yeah, it's also very respectful to Nick, which I'm sure he'll appreciate. It will be interesting to see if we do hear more on the topic.
Speaker 3: Oh my God, I'm tey Central.
Speaker 2: Are you man?
Speaker 1: Mikayla Tester has revealed she thinks she's pregnant to boyfriend Addis Paul. The Only Fans star shared the news on her TikTok this week. Sophie, what did Mikayla say so? Mikayla explained that she did a pregnancy test and found out she was going to be a mum. So she did three tests in total that revealed that she is pregnant. She said she was incomplete disbelief over it, so she in fact did another test in the morning and the result was the same. Here's what she said, how do.
Speaker 4: I even tell you guys this? So last night I did a pregnancy test and found out I was going to be a mother. I thought, oh no, no, maybe the test is just faulty. No, they broth, they both say pregnant. I still didn't believe it. So I, well, okay, I'm going to wake up tomorrow morning and I'm going to do another test and just get fresh pea. It literally says pregnant. I'm going to be a fucking mom. I'm going to be a fucking mother. Oh shit, what the universe is crazy? The universe brings crazy things into my life every day, and this is just.
Speaker 3: Crazy.
Speaker 4: I don't even know how. I don't even know how to feel. This has not sucking. Obviously not conferming because I need to go to a doctor. But lockdown.
Speaker 1: I find it funny how she has to mention the universe it seems like a very influencer twenty twenty one thing to say. Mikayla then uploaded a second video where she said she was getting so many comments saying her test was negative and that the clear Blue test was unreliable. She wanted to say that she was really confused and she was now going to go to the doctor to get confirmation. And I don't blame her because I looked at the tests and I didn't even think it looked like she was pregnant. Now, is anyone else a little bit concerned about what Mikayla and Adis are going to call this child? I know we did a segment a couple of weeks ago about terrible baby names and the fact that these two have called their bald cat ball sack. I don't know my alarm nuts sack. Sorry, my alarm bells are ringing of what this name is going to be. Well, after our segment on l Darby's baby, and we went through all the names of the band in Australia, I do feel a little bit better about the fact because I don't think a name like Nutsack would be allowed in Australia. Now, Adams Paul seemed to be very excited by the news that he was going to become a father. This is what he said, I.
Speaker 5: Just got the sexiest girl in the world pregnant. He took a few more tests to be sure, and all of them say pregnant. I don't know what to do, but this is fucking amazing. I think I've had a little bit too much of these big fat cheeks. But yeah, I don't know what to do now.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's a very Adams Pool response to the pregnancy announcement. It was quite funny because an eagle eyed fan spotted on an Instagram post from eight weeks ago a comment from Mikayla, and she wrote, how do you like your eggs cooked in the morning? Baby? And he replied, yours fertilized with love her. Doesn't that just make you feel sick and is so gross? So do we think that it's been planned? A planned pregnancy? Well, I don't follow them that closely, but I did see a few comments saying that Michayla seemed very keen to have a child, which did surprise me. There seem to also be a lot of questions around why Michayla had chosen to share the news so early in the pregnancy, considering she's not even quite sure if she is pregnant. It did get me thinking, though, because I feel like there's a lot of conversations around the fact that people should announce their pregnancy after twelve weeks. However, it seems like that's getting a little bit outdated now that people are really wanting to normalize conversations around miscarriage. So while I feel weird praising Michayla and Addis because obviously this is not quite a normal announcement, particularly Addis's response, I do think it's good because creating conversations around how pregnancy announcements should be performed, and you know, maybe it is a good thing that they've come out early and said it. Well, I think that's all we've got time for today. Thank you so much for listening to today's episode. If you have enjoyed today's show, could you please make sure to leave us a five star review and make sure you are subscribed on Spotify and Apple Podcasts. And if you'd like to join in the conversations, please head to our Facebook page, which has outspoken the podcast community, and what I love is when people join our community. We have a list of questions and it says how did you hear about the podcast? And so many people are saying that they heard about the podcast through friends, which makes me so happy to hear friends recommending it to one another. So if you think your friend would love this podcast, please do us a favor and let them know. I also love when people share that they're listening to the podcast on their story, if it's on a walk or cooking or whatever they're doing, so please keep that up to