Speaker 1: Come on, it's here, Friday is here? Is it?
Speaker 2: Ever?
Speaker 1: At last?
Speaker 3: You come straight from the gym, You still your sweatband, You got a protein shape.
Speaker 1: I have come from the little Jimmy. I've got a shaker shaking my protein.
Speaker 3: How many protein shakes a day do you have? It makes a lot of sense because you've been doing some protein.
Speaker 1: I haven't since August.
Speaker 4: What is does it actually do anything? Having a protein shake?
Speaker 1: This is what is, jim.
Speaker 3: This is the meditation sauna all over aga.
Speaker 4: Hear me out. I understand why elite athletes take protein. I understand why bodybuilders.
Speaker 1: Take I can't wait to see the end of.
Speaker 4: Someone's just started exercising, going for walks and they're like, now I'm doing protein. Protein? Do you need?
Speaker 3: Every single human needs protein the building block to literally repair muscle development to living.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you, because I mean you've been doing some strenuous exercise, so let's repair.
Speaker 1: The other gym twice a week.
Speaker 4: That's what I mean. Do you need protein if you just go to the gym twice a week?
Speaker 1: To be honest, this just has water and I just shake.
Speaker 4: It chocolate milkshake.
Speaker 1: It's a big m with a marble in it. People think I'm shaking.
Speaker 4: What it is?
Speaker 5: What's happening? What PBS?
Speaker 6: You hitting? What's happening, Peter Butters, Yeah, I'm eating all of that. Speaking of your speaking of my gym time. Listen, there's someone that has really come to my attention on TikTok. Imagine going to bed yourself but waking up Welsh with a completely different accent.
Speaker 4: Wait, sorry, you went to bed and you woke up and you're in another country.
Speaker 6: Correct, That's exactly what has happened to this woman overseas. And I'm going to see if you if you think it's legit or not, because she thinks it's a real medical condition.
Speaker 5: I have heard of this before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, that's next.
Speaker 6: Plus a full row of Taylor Swift tickets coming up as we start to pick up for your Friday thanks to Chemist Warehouse heading today, great saving every day. All right, it's the pickup Friday Ava with Brit Laura and Mitch rushing to chemistware House today for half price off the Bio Gland Vitamins range. It excludes bog sizes. At Chemist whare House you'll get great savings every day. Have you guys heard of and this is something that I've seen bits and bobs of over the years, but it's a condition, and it's a real condition where people go to bed one night with our normal, healthy selves, we go to bed with our Ossie accent, and you wake up with a completely different accent or potentially even being able to speak a language that you've never studied.
Speaker 1: What you mean in your life.
Speaker 4: No, this is just when people go terrible. It's so bad when people go on like a holiday to the UK for three months and they come back and they've got the thickest thieves like English accent. This reminds me of.
Speaker 5: I've heard of I have heard of this.
Speaker 3: It's pretty rare, but I've heard it happening in people speaking up the languages and stuff.
Speaker 6: Get a load of this. This is an English woman by the name of Zoe Coles. She's from Lincolnshire, She's from England. Work up one morning and this is what she sounded likes.
Speaker 2: I've got function logical disorder. I've got video diaries of everything for the last year and a half and I've woke up Welsh six weeks ago. Something isn't right up there, and I want you to figure out what's going on Welsh.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, she's she went to bed British walk, Well she has she en't been to Wales, No, never.
Speaker 6: In a life, even step footing, which I have never even seen a whale. Gradually, over six weeks, she said, she started to notice the bizarre change. Doctor Carl is here to debunk at once and for all. Welcome to the show, Doctor Carl.
Speaker 4: Doctor Carl, Hi, I'm all on qualified, We all bog bill.
Speaker 5: How's this happening?
Speaker 4: Doctor Carl?
Speaker 7: Well, firstly, it is correct to say that it's quite rare foreign accent syndrome, and in fact there are only one hundred and fifty cases on record in the medical record. Secondly, who are they? They are people with some kind of mild damage to the brain, long term diabetes or a un reaction, or a mental illness, or multiple scrosses, but overwhelmingly they all have some sort of mental disorder.
Speaker 4: How do we know they're not putting it on?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 4: How do you know that someone who wake up in la this will make it for a good TikTok?
Speaker 7: How do we know they're not putting it on? You get people to listen to a whole bunch of people with foreign accent syndrome. You get people from all over the world, and a typical one is they're playing an accent. One quarter of the listener said, oh, that's French, another quarter said it was African, and the remaining half said it was Welsh, Italian, Spanish, German and then even Chinese. The important thing is the perception of the listener. So there've been people who've gone on TV in Texas and she appeared on American TV. She woke after something that could cause brain damage jaw surgery, because you can have a little clock going to the brain, and she was described all over American TV as speaking in a posh British accent. But when they played on the BBC so British people said rubbish. It's a mismass of different accents from Britain. Some of them don't even fit into any known British speech style.
Speaker 4: So it's not actually she's not imitating an accent, she's just speaking in something that's very different, in a kind of a launch accent.
Speaker 7: Yeah. People with this foreign accent syndrome will typically have voicing errors. So instead of saying tifa pike like the fish, they'll say beef for bike. And valves can be lengthened or sworded or substituted, So yeah can turn into ya. Dog can be dog as in rhyming with vogue, and that can turn into that. Think can become tink, and so they just get a mish smash of things. And it's not as though they speak with a clear accent of a foreign language. And the other stories of people waking up being able to speak a complete language that they've never even heard before, they're all lies. I know it's hard to believe that people on Facebook will tell lies, but thread on Facebook has been not to tell lies.
Speaker 6: Debunked Official Doctor Carr by doctor Carl on the pickup.
Speaker 1: Thanks doctor Carr.
Speaker 6: That's so insightful, and well listen, you can get doctor Carl's a little book of Climate change science. It's available at all good book retailers. Thanks doctor Carl.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much, Doctor Britt, Doctor Laura, doctor.
Speaker 6: Oh, doctor to Carl's gonna have a Amanda in accent.
Speaker 1: And we just had a synapse.
Speaker 4: To give him a bit of a brain scan as well.
Speaker 6: Is so interesting. There you go next on the pick up. Don't answer this yet, but I want you to mull over it. In the traffic, and when we come back, we're going to unpack it. If your partner passes away, can you date their sibling?
Speaker 1: I don't feel like I need no, no, no, trust me.
Speaker 6: Mullered over that discussion being had in the studio. We'll talk about it next to the pickup Friday afternoon. On the pickup, it's Britt, Laura and Mitch here heading to chemists ware house today. Get great savings every day.
Speaker 4: I have the wildest story for you, guys.
Speaker 1: I love you. Always find these cooked ones down in.
Speaker 4: The deep dark into webs Okay, would you think it's a little bit weird to date the brother or the sister of your ex?
Speaker 1: I think it's a nona all right.
Speaker 4: Well, there's a lady named Caitlin, and now she was beautifully in love with her husband, Aaron, and he passed away. Oh that's awful, devastating. Now I would think that the You know, if somebody who you love passes away, all you want for them is to be happy, right, All you want for them is to go on to find someone new, to be happy even though you're not around. Well, Caitlyn found happiness again and she fell in love with her brother in law Rory. After her husband's death, she fell in love with her dead husband's brother. Yep, is what you're saying. She fell in love with her dead husband's brother. And the reason for that okay, she felt as though it reminded her of the husband, and therefore it was a comfort to her in her grief and her mourning.
Speaker 6: Oh no, way, no, not to know of course, because they share the same genetic pool.
Speaker 5: You can't do that.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, they did it, and they're in love. Why can't they do it? They love each other. Now he's not here an rules.
Speaker 5: If Matt passed away, would you marry Matt's brother?
Speaker 7: Nah?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I've got the hottest of the brothers right now.
Speaker 5: But that's irrelevant. He's dead, So would you bury the brother?
Speaker 4: Okay? But what if?
Speaker 1: Maybe I would? Sorry, I'm just thinking that through. No, I wouldn't because the connection is there.
Speaker 4: They're also the friends.
Speaker 5: It's a trauma bond. They're bonding over trauma.
Speaker 6: But sometimes other couple's bond over the love of Pokemon. People bond over weird shit. Let them bond over over the trauma.
Speaker 4: Also, what do you how do you reckon that? The family would respond to this because, like, you know, obviously you you're just it's the mother, just it's the mother in law. And then all of a sudden, the daughter in law is back, but she's with the other son. Like, how would you respond to that if it was your entire family trying to navigate the fact that you've lost a son. But the daughter in law is still very much part of the family now they're.
Speaker 5: Co parenting the sons. My uncle is now the dad.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's all very cold, so confusing.
Speaker 1: Father's Day would be very confused.
Speaker 4: Look, I don't want to yuck anyone's underday.
Speaker 6: It's family member Day. Hold On, we've got a call through producer Tony. Is someone's been through a similar thing? Hold On, Hailey, I'm thirteen one oh six five. Don't tell me you've been through this?
Speaker 8: Hailey, Yes, well, similarly I have. Look, I'm a believer that you meet people for a reason. I had a scenario where I was coming out of a really bad relationship and met my brother in law. He really helped me through a difficult time. I think I probably knew he wasn't really the one that inquired with my father in law on an occasion and said, you know, what do you think has he got potential? And my father in law said to me at the time, he's like, yeah, he's got potential, But I really wish you had met my eldest son and had I didn't know his older brother at the time. And then yeah, a few months past we broke up and another one of the brothers reconnected me with the older brother, got me to go out for dinner just as a bit of a catch up, and he met my future husband then and we've been married for twenty years.
Speaker 3: But hang on, just because that was a lot of married brother's dads. Just to get my head around this that you were dating somebody. You went to his dad and said, am I wasting my time with this guy? And the dad said, yeah, I think you'd be better suited to the other brother and sort of set you up eventually with the other brother. The dad took you from one son and gave you.
Speaker 5: To the next one.
Speaker 8: It kind of sounds like that he was the one that first so perceived that maybe I was better matched with his other son, but it was actually it was actually one of the other brothers. He said, oh, look, you know, i'd really like to catch up when we go out for dinner and your laughing, I'll bring his other brother along and yeah, that's the other brother, was the one I ended up marrying.
Speaker 4: Hey, I have a very personal question. You don't have to answer it. Were you intimate with the first brother though, well, yeah, we.
Speaker 8: Were together for about Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe they were seventeen years old and they'd never ever done using the kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you said there are a few brothers, so at least you know there's another one if you need it.
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, wait, how did the youngest respond when he found out that you were dating his brother?
Speaker 8: Yeah, not so well, not so well. The rest of the family obviously was pretty happy. It took him probably a couple of years. But you know, everything is perfectly fine now. You know. It's like it never really happens. I mean, we never talk about it. It's not really something that comes up.
Speaker 6: To except for the fact that happened, because you know, no, Look, you've been there.
Speaker 5: Twenty years, so you obviously made the right move.
Speaker 4: Good for you.
Speaker 1: That's crazy you got on your Haley Gad that worked out for you.
Speaker 4: I mean it really redefines the whole keeping it in the family things as.
Speaker 6: It definitely does. Speaking of Britt, got to meet my family.
Speaker 3: I love your family, but since I have known them a little bit better, everything has clicked with why you are the lovely little unicorn that you are?
Speaker 5: Miche true?
Speaker 4: All right, well chat a special breed?
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: You're really like a really rare kind of breed.
Speaker 1: All right, where's this going? After this?
Speaker 6: On the pick up, It's the Picker Friday to wrap up the week with Britain Moore and Mitch. Right now, Chemist Warehouse have half price off biogl and Vitamin Range excludes Bolk sizes. Chemist Warehouse great savings every day. I'm not enjoying this. I don't know what you're about to talk about, but I feel like I'm about to be ambushed.
Speaker 5: I just know it's not an ambush.
Speaker 3: But I had a really big realization on the weekend, like you're an odd bot, right, we love it?
Speaker 1: You are?
Speaker 6: You are?
Speaker 4: You are a very eccentric, loud, creative individual.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm not well, I'm not well.
Speaker 3: Listen, you're a unicorn and we wouldn't have it any other way. But I went to your house on the weekend.
Speaker 5: Yes, you've moved it with your parents. So I have Mark and Michelle.
Speaker 3: Yes, we love them, but I finally realized why you are like you are.
Speaker 5: Your dad is next level.
Speaker 1: I knock on the door.
Speaker 3: It swings open in slow motion. Your dad is standing at towering over me, and he goes hi butes And that's how.
Speaker 5: We opened the door.
Speaker 3: And I haven't seen Mark in a while. And I was like, oh, and I don't know why.
Speaker 5: I just hit his energy. And I started talking in an American accent.
Speaker 6: Well, that's what my dad does. He's catchphrase he has. He's a corporate, he works from home. He's a corporate.
Speaker 4: Humans have catchphrases. So that's what happens on sitcoms. Your dad is a living sitcom.
Speaker 6: Dad says everyone he walks down, you know, walking down the beach bag, hey betch, hey bitch does.
Speaker 5: He called me a bitch five times. He was just like, hey, bitch, what's up?
Speaker 8: Bitch?
Speaker 5: It means love one hundred percent. It was so funny.
Speaker 3: So I start talking in an American accent, and all of a sudden, he's like a homeboy, I'm doing an American accent.
Speaker 5: Where we fell into our own sitcom.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we walk into the house and it is just your Your face is everywhere.
Speaker 5: It's a shrine to you. You'd think you'd passed away, but you hadn't. You just moved back.
Speaker 4: They're very proud of you.
Speaker 1: They are.
Speaker 3: Then you know how Mitch can't concentrate on anything for like two seconds.
Speaker 5: Mark, your dad is in a very serious Zoom meeting. He's a big CEO.
Speaker 4: He was on a meeting.
Speaker 5: I could see the people.
Speaker 3: They're about twelve little people on the screen. He just gets up, get me a menamorz gets up, walks away, and I was like, Oh, he's just gonna say hello and hang out with us for a while. He left the Zoom meeting to hang out with us for about twenty minutes. He invited himself on our walk. I think he only spoke in riddles and one liners. I don't think he's strung one sentence together.
Speaker 4: It was those people are still sitting on that Zoom meeting.
Speaker 1: Come back. They're getting made redundant. They're still waiting, very very.
Speaker 3: Like gag gag, gag, gag, gag gag. And I was trying to keep up and it was so much energy. By the end of the day, I think we were starting businesses together.
Speaker 1: What's your point you think you can?
Speaker 3: I just understand finally where you came from and how you are who you are because your entire family is you.
Speaker 1: Yeah that makes sense. Yeah, well, I mean.
Speaker 5: He's as crazy as you.
Speaker 6: When you left, Dad said to me that night, because obviously we went for a walk and then I came home late at night and it's like, oh, mate, Brick today was lovely.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, BRIT's gorgeous. She went, don't you think mate that.
Speaker 6: When we were talking in the kitchen, and I go, yeah, he goes, well, mate, she was just real flirty.
Speaker 1: Hey, oh, I said.
Speaker 6: Dad, flirting with the sixty year old man or the gay best friend.
Speaker 4: Flirtingly? Maybe you weren't supposed to match the energy. Maybe it was that you were matching the energy. He took it the wrong way.
Speaker 5: You think I was hitting on him?
Speaker 3: He does, Mark Suri, wash your mouth at in your wildest.
Speaker 6: He goes what she was wearing as well, straight man, you wouldn't get it made.
Speaker 1: She was flirting.
Speaker 3: She was were I had tids onto my ankles and a jumper.
Speaker 1: He thought you were go. You thought you wanted to be my mom.
Speaker 5: I shook it to the core. Oh yeah, I can't come home anymore.
Speaker 2: Mitch.
Speaker 4: How would you feel if I and your dad started dating and it was like mummy, mummy, Brittany about it at night?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I got that cat suiting me out of house and horror, Oh well, ode to the juries and then on the flip side, that's how crazy they are.
Speaker 1: Then Laura on Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 6: I come home the other night Dad is crying eating a cornetto watching Laura be eliminated from Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 4: It's because he saw my ass on TV and thought I was flirting with him as well.
Speaker 6: To him one week, I love your dadd chas you not love you?
Speaker 4: To be clear like you Marke. We think you're fantastic.
Speaker 1: We love him.
Speaker 5: Laura's flatting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, careful, Laura, he'll get the wrong idea. Okay, podcast the show this week if you missed any of it, We're going to go. We're back on Monday, searching to pick up on iHeartRadio. And when cold and flu strikes, it feels like it's striking everyone at the moment, doesn't it. Damison gets it done. Always follow the directions for use will what are you.
Speaker 5: Going to be driving your home.
Speaker 1: What's on the show?
Speaker 5: Boys?
Speaker 6: Very excited to say Amy Shark's going to be joining us on the show right up next, and I am happy to reveal that she reveals her favorite place to make out with someone.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this is totally wild.
Speaker 4: All right, calm down, mate, sounds like a good one and see.
Speaker 1: Guy, See Monday. B Bye.