Speaker 1: Think you beautiful.
Speaker 2: We've been recording this whole time.
Speaker 1: I hate to see how the cookies get Jesus, we.
Speaker 2: Are back on pod labor arena. Look at us. We got the team, the Core three.
Speaker 1: The Big Three, the Big Three. Yes, would you say where we're kind of like the cold play of tennis podcasting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I was going to go with the Big Three of tennis for tennis podcast.
Speaker 1: I was just trying to forward something we're about. Sorry, professional broadcast.
Speaker 2: I know you were, I know you were, but let's call it like, who's who in the big three here? Like, oh, this is fun. I'm clearly Djokovic. I'm the best, but also kind of a villain and people don't like me so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah as well, that's well, you'll around. Yeah, I mean that's kind of cool though, Like you and I. It's either Rafael fed, I think I want to be do you well I could Spanish?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You cry all and then Fed cards a lot as well. Yeah, I mean I love Fed, I'll be fed feah be fair, Yeah, smooth, the nicest person to ever live. Yeah. Everyone wants to be Men want to be me, women want to be with me. Yeah, yeah, that's you.
Speaker 2: Sam tong. Then Lizzie who the co hosts are back, look at us, and we got no aceman today, and we're all the better forests.
Speaker 3: Were all said. Surprisingly the easiest set up.
Speaker 1: He got stuck in the stairway for twenty minutes before the shirt. Yeah god, how will will you deal with the nothing that that man used to do?
Speaker 2: We did? We did all get stuck in the stairwell. That was a bonding moment. I was already thinking, who are we going to eat first?
Speaker 1: Let's do the big three of who we're going to eat first.
Speaker 3: I would slow roast my cubs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sweet cars in your own so much more.
Speaker 1: I believe going to be like we take Mike Furst, like my calves.
Speaker 3: Eight hours slow.
Speaker 1: To be beautiful. Well, you've definitely thought about I have before.
Speaker 2: We all know what my calves would be slim pickings because weird little your car you could use them as a tooth pick. We have Lizzie's plump.
Speaker 3: Roasted my god, because they're quite big, but they're also quite fatty.
Speaker 2: What your car meat?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I look, I've teaching calves as well. Oh yeah, I say, should we have a carve off? No, that's what people know.
Speaker 2: No cave off. How must you two do it? I could judge?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, all right, get.
Speaker 2: Your legs, we're really doing it. Oh those are beefee and look at that a nice layer of hair. Okay, I'm gonna say lazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so no one wants to eat me. That's fine.
Speaker 2: What a start where I'm justifying women shots stuff? Look at the stands.
Speaker 3: Look out, he moves on clay.
Speaker 1: And every Masters he plays.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was all sinner.
Speaker 2: Only dropped one set.
Speaker 3: How we soon forget.
Speaker 1: He should have won the French Yeah, it was all sinner.
Speaker 2: He wins, so he wins so very much.
Speaker 3: He's down a break and he still comes up.
Speaker 1: Clark his girlfriend. They had an awkward hug.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Cer, I feel like I stuck that one. It's quite low for me.
Speaker 1: You got to talk to Mike about what key you wanted to start in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what key you like?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, him and his girlfriend a sinner and his girlfriend after he won, Monte Carlo had a very awkward hug.
Speaker 3: We had more chemistry, and Lizzie and Center had way more.
Speaker 1: But he's in anyone not hugging city. His body's so weird. That it'll be hard to hug it.
Speaker 2: But like him and Alcohoraz's huge and broke a much deeper thing than you know, anyone else.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 2: So I have a tennis story before we get into the news and the highlights from the week. I played a good friend David Hughes, a friend of the.
Speaker 1: You've never been on, never.
Speaker 2: Knocked Lizzie out of the one point tournament.
Speaker 1: Yeah, scurty this guy, Yeah yeah, yeah he uh yeah, will never have a moment's competitive. Just keep asking he as the time he really wants to be on. Yeah, well he's not coming on. Yeah, we don't want him. You know, if you're listening easy, you're not coming on. Ye, stick to your own seventy thousand.
Speaker 2: Do you know he bought a van to podcast. Yeah, the van broke down and like it just sits out the front of his house and he lets struggling comedians sleep in.
Speaker 1: There, saying that's why you've got this cold.
Speaker 3: It's too cold.
Speaker 1: No exactly, no electric blanket.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Thing, but we played recently. We got to the courts and you know, we had like a two hour booking. That's enough for a best of three sent match, and we go okay, Yeah, we're going to play best of three. He wins the first set with his bullshit moon ball. I know I'm a bit rusty.
Speaker 3: Medication kicked in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is tweaking out on h Yeah. Yeah, I'm telling you it is that gray blur.
Speaker 1: I got to get watered down there before you play, and I can kiss into a cop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he needs a three month ban. And then so he takes the first step. But then I figured it out. I kill him in the second secon and then he goes, I'm going home what And I go what, Like, we said best of three and you got time. I know you have nowhere to be right, And he's like no, no, no, no, He's like he's like, I got to do a show tonight. I'm done.
Speaker 1: I'm done.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, no, you can't, Like we have to finish this. And he's like, no, I'm leaving, and I go, okay, you can leave, but you have to say, Dave Hughes forfeit, the match, can't concede defeat to you, Mike Goldstein, right, And he's like, I'm not saying it.
Speaker 1: Say it get him in the podcast fan saying it recorded, and I.
Speaker 2: Know I wanted it in writing at least, you know, And he's refusing to say it, and I'm like, you have to like you have to say and he starts like shaking with rage and he's like, I for he was so angry.
Speaker 1: Wait, so what was the school line? What did he win? The first?
Speaker 2: And six three?
Speaker 1: And then what did you?
Speaker 4: Was?
Speaker 2: One six one for me in the second.
Speaker 1: The momentum had shift.
Speaker 3: He didn't want to continue. I saw him two days ago and he said, I played Goldstein the other day.
Speaker 2: Did he tell you about his cramps?
Speaker 1: No? I said, how did you go?
Speaker 3: He just said, set a piece.
Speaker 1: That is actually bullshit, retired, Oh you know, And.
Speaker 2: He like was messaging me later and he goes, I was driving to my show and I had to pull over it because I had full body cramps. So imagine if I played the third set. Imagine yeah, And I was like, he's still forfeited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, screw he sucks at tennis and would never be on our tennis Monte Carlo.
Speaker 2: So the first one thousand event of the clay court season just wrapped up a couple of days ago. I thought it was an awesome tournament, like this was great. A lot of drama early on. Sits a pass who had won a few of these in the.
Speaker 1: Past, He's won with three of four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so he was the active player with the most Monte Carlo was going into this tournament. Yeah yeah, and he got bounced in the first round, straight set.
Speaker 1: What is going on? Is he done? Do you think sits a pass? Like? I feel like there was a lot of momentum, and I guess at one point he was talked about as the greatest ever player from Greece. Yeah, and then now it's kind of like the wheels have fallen off.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about a few years ago he was in a press conference saying, the next big three, without a doubt me it sits a pass, Not Michael Stein.
Speaker 1: Mike sa.
Speaker 2: Tree exactly. He said, it was the big three are going to be himself, Medvedev, and Zverev, Right yeah, and then I mean now sits past is what rank fifty sixth in the world, and Zverev's hanging around in the big three. But the gap between Zverev totally Alkhorizm center is like ten thousand points or something.
Speaker 1: I mean, it probably wasn't a bad call at the time because when he said I feel like sinner and Kalito went around. Yeah, but still like, oh, you've got tickets on yourself.
Speaker 2: Big tickets, and I mean to actually, I don't know the Djokovic still being around and playing and killing people when he said it was a big call. And then now you know, going out in the first round. And then of course Medvedev sucks on clay, he hates it, but getting double Yeah, what.
Speaker 1: Gives you that impression is the fact that he's got no rackets.
Speaker 2: He yeah, one of the best hissy fits we've seen.
Speaker 1: In a long time.
Speaker 2: I think this is up there with the top racket smashes.
Speaker 1: Of all time.
Speaker 2: Really. Oh yeah, so here's the the mad smashing the racket. So he starts with the big one back back of the court, and then over and over again. Yeah. I mean, like I always say, he should be forced to play out the rest of the match with that racket.
Speaker 1: With the racket, yeah, that he mangled.
Speaker 2: And then the best part was the Monte Carlo crowd.
Speaker 1: Like kind of cheering them all yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And as he's doing it, and then.
Speaker 1: I support the crowd cheering, It's.
Speaker 3: Like it's fine, it's a bit of a yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, he should get extra points for like, I feel like clay is a harder surface. Yeah, to break a racket.
Speaker 2: Well, the delegate straight.
Speaker 1: They did have a.
Speaker 2: It was a tennis racket specific bin just then and that gets fine. Yeah, so an amazing crash out and a double bagel and for a top ten player Bartin playing with some form. But also I.
Speaker 1: Would love to get in Medvedev's head and just see what's going on, because like it is an emotional rollercoaster with that guy. You never know what state he's in, and then like he almost wins the other week and he's like playing Greg Kenneth and he's losing bags. He's starting with people like it is a mess up, a crazy month.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, oh yeah, the travel trying to get from Dubai totally to Palm Springs and then yeah, the finals of Indian Wells and then going out double bag alta Berretini or POTATOI.
Speaker 1: I like him for the French. I think he's going to come good with no form to back at christ Connell Medvedev final, please qualify, Chris, do.
Speaker 2: You want to put money on that well?
Speaker 1: On that specific look? You know, I'm not really a gambling type of guy, I don't think we should be promoting behavior on this podcast. So that was.
Speaker 2: Early on in Monte Carlos, and then just some insane matches leading up to what we all expected the final to be. Sincre, we finally had a Center Alcarez final, the first one of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do we did? This rivalry Guard is obviously gonna be one for the ages and going ahead forward, but it's like, obviously Kalito's got the edge when it comes to slams, but it's like it is hard to pick, Like I always feel like it's like fifty to fifty, you don't know what's going to happen. Who's on edge. Maybe Colito's stands out better in the longer format or something, but man Sinna looked unreal on the clay.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: So it was a battle for who's going to be world number one. I think there's just like two hundred points separate in them. Now Center takes world number one, and now he's skipping the five hundred events, so and Alcoraz is playing in Barcelona, So now Barcelona, if he wins that, he goes back.
Speaker 1: To probably number world number one. Okay, yeah, wow, yeah.
Speaker 2: So it was in terms of their rivalry, I thought it was kind of a disappointing match. Yeah it was, didn't you know, go to three it was Alcohaz being up a break and bow sets and Center kind of just coming back and picking on his backhand, noticing it was bad alcoraz Is timing in the wind was.
Speaker 1: It was windy, And that's.
Speaker 2: Who would have thought it would be windy on court when you set it up right next to the French room.
Speaker 1: And it's also like that stadium is very like as well, like, yeah, you pop a little roof on that, it's what you would want or something. But there's not even like there's like a lot of gaps. You can see stuff out the side of the like that stand. So the wind is just whipping through.
Speaker 2: The wind's whipping through. There's yachts pulling up outside.
Speaker 1: With rules cars around. I him like.
Speaker 2: It is on record saying Monte Carlo is too trashy.
Speaker 1: It looked I think, imagine I did.
Speaker 3: I did question my thoughts when I was watching.
Speaker 1: It looks the late night parties you would.
Speaker 3: Go to there. It was a bit of a trashy vibe.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well then what a ship tournament. We shouldn't even.
Speaker 3: The tournament the place.
Speaker 1: Is it possible?
Speaker 2: You brought the trashy vibe wherever you go.
Speaker 1: There you are, that's the one constant.
Speaker 3: Adulta.
Speaker 2: You were driving a Minion's mini.
Speaker 1: It looked good on the clay, though, I thought around I always you know, you feel like his body is not I'm just obsessed with his body because he's a draft. But like, yeah, but he likes around out there. I mean he's white sox a bold choice on the clay as well.
Speaker 3: How does he do that?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, but then he has added more variety to his game. He's he's not just like hitting groundies from behind the baseline. He's more drop shots than ever, which on clay is super effective. Alcoraz, I think the wind just broke his brain. And uh, I think Andy Murray tweeted during the match, the first got to adjust and like hit with more margins is going to win the match? And it was center, Yeah basically, but you know, as soon as Alcahaz plays center on a super sunny day, it's it's Alcoraz.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The redheads in the heat, you know.
Speaker 1: They can't handle it. Redheads in the heat, and if you put another two sets in it, like in a slam, it's like the whole dynamic chiefs immediately. Maybe those two should just play five sets. That should just be a rule they bring in they so I don't matter when they made each other in any regular season tournament, they have to play five sets.
Speaker 3: Temperature that's controlled so indoor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the Monte Carlo final not the epic everyone was hoping for. And then like the first set was seventy two minutes long and then it ends on an Alcoraz double fault, and that was yeah exactly. And then at once the first set was that long and I was watching and it's like one am at that point, and I was just want and Center to win the second set so I could got to bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's what the rivalry is. All the power, we want good tennis. We just want Mike to go to bed.
Speaker 3: Well, I fell asleep during it. I started and then I was just I was out. It was a hard one to watch, but that is like.
Speaker 1: Being a tennis fan in Australia is like my all my memories of like watching Wimbledon all the French. It's like waking up in a daze on a couch and being like, what's happened? I've missed half a game here? Like you're fighting the sleep at all times?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, especially the five Saturdays. I mean if they're going five six hours and you're like.
Speaker 1: Yes, let me go to sleep exactly, God damn let me leave.
Speaker 2: And then, as discussed, he center took it out his world number one when had a weird hug with his Insta model. Yeah, but we're at the weird point where Alcoraz has won three of the last four Grand Slams, but it's still world number two.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: I know that rules though it's like what would you rather tell? It's like who really cares about one or two?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Obviously they seed positions and there's a bit of ego at stake, But if that were like, you can just win eighty percent of the Grand Slams you play, but you kind of maybe won't be number one. All this it's like every day of the week, I.
Speaker 2: Know, well that's it. The going into the French they're one and two, you know, it's it'll be a back and forth between them. But also I don't think it's as important for al Choraz because I don't know if you saw that postmatch interview where he's like, yeah, i'll drop out of world number one. He'll take it for a while. I might get it back.
Speaker 3: It seems pretty cool.
Speaker 1: He seems he's just like filming Sinner doing the jump into the wall. Well, I think it's weird. I was just like, I know, well, this is what people love about tennis is like that. It's like, oh, we're all hugging and we love each other or whatever. But it's like, shouldn't he just be like, I'm not even going to the pool?
Speaker 2: Yeah, weirdly standing there watching the guy who just beat you like have the time of his life. Yeah, I mean, I know.
Speaker 1: Did you see the job. It looked like he'd never jumped into a pool before.
Speaker 3: He didn't want to do it. He was for his keys, And again, I think we should get you jumping in the pool afterwards. It's going to be really fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I also think of the table's return and Alcoraz wins. I don't think Sinner is hanging out watching him jump into the pool.
Speaker 3: I think he will now do you think, yeah you got it after he's watched him jump in the pool.
Speaker 1: But do you think, because like tennis, Twitter is like people are obsessed with this relationship between these two. People are like they're like, oh my god, my heart, like they want them to date. That is the vibe that's going on. But is it real? Do you think like.
Speaker 3: I think they're good friends.
Speaker 1: Do you think they're good friends?
Speaker 3: Yeah? They see each other all the time.
Speaker 1: It's like us, yeah, are you going to Fiel watch? I would actually watch you jump I have you just didn't know.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 3: In my speedo, my cap.
Speaker 2: So again, Alcoraz and Center is separate themselves from the pack. Like I said, I think it's almost a ten thousand point difference between them and Zverev in number three at this point. So yeah, interesting to see what happens. I mean, Alka is obviously the heavy favorite to win Barcelona, and then Munich is going on at the same time.
Speaker 1: Well not playing Barcelona, by the way, I know it's a five hundred. Is it more like Carlos is playing because it's in Spain, it's more.
Speaker 5: Of a well.
Speaker 2: I also think the guy needs a break. It's insane. The turnaround from winning Miami and then yeah, transitioning to Clay and winning Monte Carlo. I think maybe only Djokovic has done that in the past, so he just take a couple five hundreds off.
Speaker 1: Why not, because yeah, what's like March May we get into French, so you want to be gearing up to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's a Rome. There's another one thousand coms yah, yeah, yeah, okay, probably both being for Rome. Yeah. And then the with Barcelona underway right now. The notable thing to happen there besides Alka is playing, is Draper is already out retired with an injury. Yeah, he's not back in form yet. And then in other clay court news, Mira Andreva won the Linz Upper Austria five hundred. I don't know if you've seen this with Andreva. She thanks, Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Kind of love it, and of course I don't want to drinks anything, so I just have to say this is just like a tradition. Now for me, I want to thank myself today again for fighting until the end.
Speaker 1: For I'd love to thank me.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So she's got form. She did it earlier in the year or last year. Yeah, thank to you herself. And now she's just on I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's nineteen, isn't she yeah, young, this is what they're all doing.
Speaker 2: How do you think it will be received at the end of every show if you're like, hey, guys, thanks for coming to me, but most of all, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank me.
Speaker 3: In a comedy setting, the this isn't real, but they don't know that it is.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Saying you're welcome would rule at the end of the cow. Also at the end of winning a tennis tournament, things like you you're welcome everyone, and then just walk off the course. But I don't know, something should be saved for your gratitude journal, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: She's doing the gratitude, but if you're doing.
Speaker 2: The journal to yourself, it's not getting the same you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess she's getting in the media. But this is the problem with happen What happened with the loss?
Speaker 3: What happens in the loss?
Speaker 1: She blames yelling my coaches following yeah fuck you, fuck you? Yeah, yeah right, she went crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the opposite.
Speaker 1: It's like to her. I love her. Actually, she could be my favorite. Did she think the coaches in the win?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I higher.
Speaker 1: And it's her.
Speaker 3: First pyramid, the Maslows Pyramid Coaches a very very.
Speaker 2: Far other clay court news. Jess Pogola won the Charleston title. I like this because I think she's our I mean, obviously Coco won the French last year, but I think Pogola is the best American hope on clay this year. For taking she struggled through the Tournamentola in Charleston. Yeah, she dropped.
Speaker 1: I think she won. I think she won three matches in three sets, and I think she was a breakdown in her first three matches in every set, so I think it wasn't smooth sailing, but maybe that's the.
Speaker 2: Grit and she was the pressure of being the defending champion. So that's two years in a row winning Charleston. Yeah, Tommy Paul won a clay title in Houston. What a dream boat he, I don't know, is the only American player I think on the men's side who I think could have a deeper run at the French. Because Americans do not like the clay.
Speaker 1: Why is there something about freedom that they don't like about the clay? Freedom like freedom, you know, if you're on a different surface, if you're a chance to run around, you know, whereas the clay is free, the clay. You've got to play to the clay, you know. The clay is like, you've got to work with the clay.
Speaker 2: We love freedom and we're all about bringing freedom to the rest of the world, and we're doing it one country at a time by bombing them.
Speaker 1: I think that's Trump's foreign policy. He's trying to eradicate clay from every country around the world.
Speaker 2: And it's because they didn't grow up playing on it. I think it's just a rare surface. And the last American men's player to win was Agacy nineteen ninety nine on the.
Speaker 1: French and the hair piece.
Speaker 2: Hair piece, Yeah, you're still rocking the wig. Yeah so yeah. And Tommy Paul, if we're on bald, watch.
Speaker 7: It look a little really watch actually what we need a bold American to take back the trophy from the serendipitous.
Speaker 1: Yes, I do love Tommy Paul though, Yeah, so I hope he does go deep.
Speaker 2: The Tommy Paul memory from the Australian Open was when I was dressed up as as Naomi Osaka and the netting and I passed Tommy Hall Tommy Paul in the hallway and he goes, what are you fucking bee keeper?
Speaker 1: Did you say anything to him and all looked at you and said it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's a beautiful.
Speaker 1: Every Grand Slam till the end of time.
Speaker 2: He rules.
Speaker 3: You need to get him on.
Speaker 1: That would be weird though, if you're going to do media commitments and then you just.
Speaker 3: Will post this guy.
Speaker 2: And everything. Yeah, indoors if.
Speaker 1: You like, what is it? I got into tennis for different reasons?
Speaker 3: How are they doing it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? This is interesting. I don't know if you saw the footage of Rafa Nadal coaching Ega Chavantek. I mean, he's not her coach by any means, but he's still at the Rafa Nadal Academy giving Ega tips. Obviously, she's had kind of a bad twenty twenty six so far, she fired her coach. Raff is out there giving her tips, and she's pretty dominant on clay. So is this going to be the difference?
Speaker 1: Is she going to be what do you reckon? He said though? To get it done? Like, is it just one tip?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: More just hit it? Hit it a bit different. Yeah, that's oh. If circumstance dictates hit it softer.
Speaker 2: You could be a coach. Dude that has good stuff. Yeah, So I don't know, like I think Sabolenka is still the favorite for the women's on the French side, but for the French Open. But Egos wanted multiple times before the surface.
Speaker 1: I love it. She bounces back. But rappers like in a rarefied, like he's too big to become a coach, you know, like, yeah, he's not going to sit in a box.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he'll be like, just pay for the academy fees.
Speaker 1: He sends her an invoice and be like, hey, so there's dorm rooms you can bunk. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe he'll do like virtual tennis, but like golf style.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah yeah, just like indoors and they're just hitting into it. He gets She.
Speaker 3: Gets a message every now and then going like, hey, change your shot.
Speaker 1: I mean that would be good coaching if he could do it.
Speaker 2: So he'll hologram in like to park it.
Speaker 3: She'll just have a face a phone in her box.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's just on the on the phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That was better, better good, a better good forehead. Put on a spin on the forehead.
Speaker 1: He's like AI to full head of hair as well, and that was bald watch. But this old bloke that cracked the top hundred, Letty Marco trungle Letty thirty six years old. I love that we're calling him old, but it does mean I have a shot.
Speaker 3: Thirty six.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Nine years young? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, thirty six. Hey you have a shot. Yeah, I could do it. Yeah yeah yeah all right, Well get me out on the ATP Tour.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well I'll start with Hughsey next week to it first match.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Hughsy would actually kill you. Yeah shit, oh yeah, his oldest man to crack the top one hundred. So yeah, and he beat Mute Darderi and Morocco and then he lost to a nineteen year old in the final, Yodar Raphael Yodar. So the youth still triumphs over.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, but you got to love it. I love a journeyman in any sport or any situation, especially I think in tennis, because you know, we talked about the big money that these top players make, but if you're just you know, trying to crack the hundred, or if you're in the top two hundred and you're playing feeder events and trying to work you up, you're not making much money like that. Also, what a journey this guy's been on to finally make the hundred. I hope he makes a bit of cash and I don't know it goes and spends it on a fancy car.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, knocked out of the first round of Barcelona. Yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I tried to do a bit. Every time I do a pep up like an inspiration.
Speaker 3: They just goes just waiting for the killd.
Speaker 1: A pep up for their BILLI car and like, of course we just get knocked out immediately. I just got to stop trying to put my faith in people.
Speaker 2: Do you think that was your fault? Do you think they listened to the appen Well.
Speaker 1: It probably wasn't my fault, but it can't have helped.
Speaker 2: All right, girls, this is what we trained for. This is what the Anzac spirit's all about. It's God damn Brits. They dropped us on the wrong beach. Never forget that it helped the Brits.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, British.
Speaker 1: That was like they dropped us on the wrong beach though, like hell yeah, we did roped them back in relegation to qualify for the final.
Speaker 2: Sam Stowzer was so you know, confused by her interview and thrown off that the whole week was just out of whack.
Speaker 1: For flashed back into this room. Instead of getting the place to train. She was getting in to listen to the podcast episode, being like, can you guys make sense of this at all?
Speaker 2: She had the Banjo Guys song in her she had song my anagram anagram of Pova. Threw her off because I kept talking about her on her arms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some of the best podcasting with Dona.
Speaker 2: I was gonna challenge her to arm wrestle, but I thought that would be beyond the panel. Oh sensuous arms? Are you pet.
Speaker 3: Destroyed?
Speaker 2: You know exactly?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Billy Jean Kin Cup happened and Australia got creamed.
Speaker 7: Cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cool. And also the American team, I think they were playing Belgium there they're out as well. So I think the first time in a decade that both the Aussies and the Americans are not in the Billager.
Speaker 1: We've got to send that with you. Go to the Raffa Academy. Yeah, that's the only I know where get on the AI faced coach from anywhere these days.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'll come in and give some tips, but I don't know. It's just like I think we were with Sam seemed quite confident when we're in here, and I felt I would have followed her into battle.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We were making fun of the Brits were like, who are they sending?
Speaker 1: I was like, they need to go to the dentists, not Australia Classic And then on my face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we thought Tolly Gibson was in this form after the Sunshine.
Speaker 1: Swing and will they'll be chanting the new nickname?
Speaker 2: Yeah there was. She lost to a teenager. That was yeah. I was there by myself trying to do it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Then man, no, I got I got choked up thinking about the Aussies.
Speaker 1: Become physically ill.
Speaker 2: I know, dude, the Australians and like lost those first two matches and lost the doubles the next day. It was all over. It was just dead rubbers after that and it was sad ye see, so the Aussie's not through uh yeah, well on that point of the state of Australian tennis. We had Pat Cash in the studio a few weeks ago. I was away, but Lizzy was. Lizzy was in here with the cash Man. Yeah, and he had a lot to say.
Speaker 1: I wasn't here that week, but that's exciting. Yeah, he's normally not opinionated about anything, not at all.
Speaker 3: No, it's very placid, Yeah, very.
Speaker 2: Chill, very dull. But the interview we did with him was red hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Next week's episode will be our chat with Pat Cash and uh yeah it was. It was very illuminating, to say the least. What a dream boat? What a dream boat? What a dreamboat? Not only is there a roughen A Doll Netflix documentary coming out, but this one I'm more excited for. It snapped that John McEnroe's default a saga. It's a four part documentary podcast series recounting the American fire brands dramatic defaulting at the Australian Open in nineteen ninety.
Speaker 1: What did you just I know you were reading the press relates in but what did you refer to him? A fire brand?
Speaker 2: The firebrand?
Speaker 1: A fire brand?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't know that term.
Speaker 1: I've never heard that. I mean hot headed you described.
Speaker 3: As a fire brand of Australian.
Speaker 1: Have I No, that's not true, that's not true.
Speaker 3: I read it on a firebrand brand.
Speaker 1: A moody art. Yeah, that's what it should have just or the people would say the controversial John McEnroe or something like that. It's the hot headed well fire.
Speaker 2: Brands also a term that works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, you dismiss the copy. It just took me by surprise as all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: This one's told through the voices of the characters who were there, including the Aussie lines woman who made the call that triggered the event, the chair umpires sent macpacking, and McEnroe himself.
Speaker 1: It's exciting to then get because I mean to be on the sidelines because if you watch McEnroe highlights, it's a psycho like I loved it. It's like makes Medvedev look like the most chill guy. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: What's the opposite of fire bran?
Speaker 1: Yeah an ice? An ice bucket seven eleven slushy? Maybe nice. But I mean, you know when someone's like having a moment and you're i mean, everyone's just like on edge and it's like tippee towing around. It's like that would be like if you had to umply any of his games, That's what you'd feel like at all times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you'd be scared.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but this comes out on April twentieth. Episode one will be dropping then and uh yeah. One of the most controversial.
Speaker 1: Sorry damn it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeahybrand, one of the most firebrand decisions in Grand Slam history.
Speaker 3: I think that's going to be the title of the pod fire Brand.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 6: John mcenroll had been playing very well of late, became the first man ever disqualified from a Grand Slam event for bad behavior. Earlier in the match, she had been accused of intimidating a lines woman.
Speaker 5: The bitch was yet to come when McEnroe threw his racket on the ground, which again had the central umpire busy, and then violation abuse default mister macarron.
Speaker 3: I know this is hard for people to believe that, know me, but there was some very poor officiating going on. It's yeah, my gosh. Can you imagine if socials was around back then he would have been dragged.
Speaker 1: I mean to think about his career in the social media age, would be like he would either be right, he'd either be like drag.
Speaker 3: Forgo it for threatening a lines woman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, actually this is uh. He's in hot water recently for some comments about women's tennis. He said, if you put the best youth player in the world against Sablenka, they would win six one, six one. But again for me. He says that is irrelevant. He loves women's tennis. Yeah, but he said it would just be an overwhelming victory. So people, are you know.
Speaker 1: The best youth player though? Did you know which Nikurios play tableca?
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I guess, so it could.
Speaker 1: Be a bit closer. I'm trying to dig him out of here. I don't know why I'm trying to help him out. Go on that hill yourself, John you die? Oh you are?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not American Roe apologist.
Speaker 1: No, I love you know, I love a lot of the stuff he's done. But I you know, I think he's alone on that one. Okay, As a member of the tennis media, I'm going to steer clear of that, even though I'm continuing talking about it. I don't think it'll be six.
Speaker 3: It'll be six six love six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, pretty much. I think Yeah, she'll get injured in the warm up. No no, no, no no no.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You're on record as saying they don't women don't play best of five because they have to get back in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we heard that. At the end of the day taped mic is not working.
Speaker 1: Can I borrow that coffee to pour on the recording, Man, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: This is going to be fantastic. Default from a Grand Slam in nineteen ninety Do you either of you remember the next one to happen when a player was disqualified from a tournament.
Speaker 1: It should have happened every time a player plays in Australian At the Australian Open. Opinion with Djokovic, Yes, yeah, at the US Open when he tried to kill someone. Oh yeah, okay, yeah that's true. He tried to kill someone in the road.
Speaker 2: Yeah he I thought he counted casually hit the ball behind him and it hit the lines.
Speaker 1: But that what I mean Djokovic is one. It's like physical contact was made back and rose the reason is just bad behavior. It sounds like a seven year old that's been sent to the naughty corner.
Speaker 2: I know, it's fascinating, like it's gonna be great. I think the Djokovic one, I know, Sam, your on record is saying it was it was good because it quieted a woman's voice.
Speaker 1: Could we just pull liquid on that podcast just there, because I don't know if I want they want to go out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's dropping April twentieth, gut around it. It's gonna be awesome?
Speaker 1: Can I just say as well?
Speaker 3: I thought and cut that bit out.
Speaker 1: Now to everyone's favorite segment.
Speaker 2: It's Anna Grandma Pova otherwise known as Mike's anagrams.
Speaker 1: Coming around. He love it well. Last week's was so bad that I started liking it.
Speaker 2: No, last week was so good. Do you think me telling Sam Stowzer she had sensuous arms was bad?
Speaker 1: That's in real life watching like seeing her face so close to her.
Speaker 2: Just go what.
Speaker 3: Where am I?
Speaker 1: My manager told me to do this podcast?
Speaker 2: Oh sensuous arms?
Speaker 1: You pt?
Speaker 2: This week we have Yannick Sinner and the letter W for the big win in Monte Carlo. So I have to set this up by saying I'm going to make a declarative statement, and then the anagram is me contradicting that. Okay, not complicated, okay at all, totally worthwhile?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah right, I know what's happening.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the declarative statement is Yannick Center, what a loser? And then the anagram is jk In saying winner, whoa.
Speaker 1: Your head?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah that is cool? But could you maybe for the next forty forty five minutes just walking in through the writing processes.
Speaker 3: Behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well there's no E and winner. Uh so there there's some background.
Speaker 3: For You've also got the JK there. Yeah, it's just a little bit internet slang.
Speaker 1: It's fun, it's cool and.
Speaker 2: What an episode. Thank you guys so much for being here. I love the dream team. You know, no Ace Man and it seems the dream the dream tape.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd also just like to thank me. Oh, turning up, turning up and.
Speaker 2: I'm sailboating. I am boat ship.