Speaker 1: How was your week? My week started off as a Kia Eving six GT, but ended with a Stonic.
Speaker 2: A Stoni. If you don't want to be racist.
Speaker 1: Thank you Paul Marrack Badle, thank you Badle. Stonnik amrack ah man man there. Let's just say there was a bit of a stuff up at the key of factory.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they realized that you had turned up and they're like, oh, we thought it was going to be forever long.
Speaker 1: We thought this was going to be Pavley give him a stonie anyway, wheeled out with a horse.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was just literally a man with a fishing rod to carrot.
Speaker 2: At the end. You know what, though, I actually quite like the Stonic.
Speaker 1: What do you like about it?
Speaker 3: It's it's reasonable, it's nice, there's there's nothing wrong with it. I don't think, mmm, what was wrong with it?
Speaker 1: It serves its purpose. When you think you're getting in a bloody zero to one hundred car from zero to one hundred and three point two seconds or whatever it is, and you end up with the Stonitch, you get your grumpy pants on. But look, this car serves a purpose. There's no doubt about it. It's it's great. If you're eighty six years old and need to go down and complain about why your meals and on wheels are late. But I don't know it's Look, I had the GT line as well. There's literally when you put your foot on the gas for the first half, there's literally nothing. There's literally there's nothing, there's no go.
Speaker 2: You are very hard to please. No, I'm not. Daniel loves that car. You've just ruined it for him.
Speaker 1: Daniel was made in the back of that car. What would his parents have listened to? Oh god, back in the day, it would have been Viralin check on from Viralin down. I think it's game. We create little.
Speaker 4: Me to care.
Speaker 2: Calllu.
Speaker 1: That's just how Daniel was created.
Speaker 2: So stupid.
Speaker 1: No wonder the internet hates me.
Speaker 2: Hey, we'll get onto that a little later.
Speaker 1: How is your week?
Speaker 3: It's very busy, so I know we're going to be talking more about this, I think next episode, but we're going through our use of the year at the moment. Australia's most comprehensive ute test. Hopefully we don't get sued for that claim even though it's true.
Speaker 2: But yes, Australia's most.
Speaker 3: Comprehensive ute test and we've been starting to roll out all of the content now, so in the next episode we'll run through who the winner is and why we've chosen the winner, and why it had nothing to do with how much money they spent.
Speaker 1: With us, says the man. Drive What do you what are you driving around at the moment? They're Pavlai.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm actually just getting around in my raptor because I don't know some of the other cars we've had in the office are a bit, you know, a bland.
Speaker 1: So I'm just like, I wonder if that's a little taste of the honey of the things to come.
Speaker 3: Oh, perhaps it is a little suckle on the nectar of the year of the year.
Speaker 1: Wow, By the way, how long have you been enrolled in tafe? Just looking in the background, if you're where you're currently situated, you've got your little lunch bag there? How sheet metal going? How are you going with that?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 3: Actually, so this is actually part of the busyness of my week.
Speaker 2: We've been moving office, so I'm in our new office at the moment.
Speaker 3: So it's quite an expanse clearly sponsored by IKEA.
Speaker 2: Yes, there are a few billies behind me, you know. The Tower of Billy. No, what was that?
Speaker 3: It's a type of ikea bookshelf. Isn't it the best selling bookshelf ever?
Speaker 2: Oh? The Billy, Yeah, the Billy.
Speaker 1: God our producer knows what that was, mainly because he lives in a one bedroom apartment with six people living in it.
Speaker 2: Billy.
Speaker 1: He's just showing me Billy. In my day, Billy was something with a gatorade bottle in a neighbors hose, a fucking bookshelf. How times have changed?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did want to say, do you know I'm going to say something completely wild? Last app I was saying that I'm not I've never really been a BMW guy. And the XM was wildly impressive to me. Right, I loved it. I loved it everything about it.
Speaker 2: It was lux.
Speaker 1: So I've been thinking a lot about the whole range and they do have very much a different sort of design language now depending on the model, right, which I think is kind of far out. It's crazy. We saw the what was it, the M three and the M four with the big well instead of kidneys, they turned into Lung's teeth. Me and you sat in the IX that came around, and then there was the M two, Commodore, Commodore, comodeore. Come on, that car looked pretty sick. So everything start to look different. And then I just saw the BMW seven series, and I'm.
Speaker 2: All on the seven series.
Speaker 1: I love it, I love it, I love it. I think the whole thing, the whole the whole thing is just such a ballsy move and I'm just I'm really into it. And guess what, I think, I'm becoming a BMW guy.
Speaker 3: Oh, Janney Red comes straight out of the closet, just breaking through that door. Yeah, so I my TikTok fame came courtesy of the BMW seven series. I did a brief TikTok record that was a minute long and it got something like seven million viewerships. And basically, yeah, that was based on the screen in the second row, because it's like a thirty four inch display that folds down from the roof. And I'm interested from anyone that's listening to this, Do you think that is any reason ever to have a thirty four inch display in the second row of your car?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I do. This whole car seems to be set up for when I'm doing dealings with Beijing and I'm on my way to a meeting and maybe I want to look at myself on our new YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: Oh oh that's disturbing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you know what else is disturbing?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: Whacking off to yourself and Bloody the Car Expert YouTube in the back head Tesla, You're like, Tesla, engage.
Speaker 2: Subscribe and hit the bell icon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, plug train new YouTube channel. Thanks for thanks for being so excited about that little endeavor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well first I've heard of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'd surprise you on that one. I'm putting work in this thing.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about right anyway?
Speaker 1: So yeah, BMW, I think I don't know what, like, what are your impressions of the seventh series? Like, what when you sort of look at this as a whole collective, it's I think.
Speaker 3: It's amazing, And I'll tell you why. I think it's amazing. I think that was saighties. Bens has dropped the ball.
Speaker 2: With the S class.
Speaker 3: The S Class just looks like a bigger, more expensive version of a C class. Yes, and I think the seven series has gone back to being about luxury, and when you sit inside it, they have it is just an array of luxury. They've really gone to town on making this thing look and feel expensive, and I just feel at the moment, when you're spending that kind of money on some of these cars that are out there, you're just not getting that feeling and that the seventh Series really takes it up that notch. Even some of the materials, like you have sort of cashmere, you know, seats.
Speaker 1: And the crystal sides as well, the crystal door lips, little screens inside.
Speaker 3: The doors as well. Like this is what the seventh Series used to be. The seventh Series used to be just the thing that blew you away. James Bond drove around in it was it a seven Series or a five series, but he drove around in that car that was controlled by a little sort of tablet like it is.
Speaker 2: It is cool stuff and they're going back to that again, which I love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, and I agree with everything you've said about the Mercedes, even argue that Audi's.
Speaker 2: Ouda's the same because the AA is the same sort of story.
Speaker 3: They've kind of put all of the tech that's in the AA in the rest of the cars, so it doesn't feel any different, whereas the seven series is just the seven Series. We're not going to be in a position where the three Series has a thirty four inch display that rolls out of the roof. It is just going to be the seven Series that always has that, which I think is great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's completely evolved in the way in a beautiful dream like way, like it really is the car something someone would dream up.
Speaker 3: What will surprise you is the size of it, because what they heard from their customers was the customers wanted more of an suv, and obviously they didn't want to make it an X seven. But this new seven Series is a longer than the previous generation long wheelbase. It's taller than that as well, so when you see it in person, it actually looks like an suv but isn't quite an suv, but it has that feeling to it both inside and outside, so it is super sized.
Speaker 2: It is absolutely enormous.
Speaker 1: I'm a BMW gar whoa, oh hey, this is exciting. I've been waiting for this for a long time and it's finally confirmed. It's finally happening, and it feels properly real. Now is the Ford F one fifty. Not only is it coming, it's properly coming. The prices have been released. We know it's what Q three they'll start arriving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was actually really shocked by the price.
Speaker 3: I thought this was going to start about one hundred and twenty grand upwards. It's starting at just under one hundred and seven grand before on roads. It'll arrive in Australia Q three, And it's interesting they're offering two different versions. They're doing a short wheel base and a long wheelbase, and the base will basically kick off with the XLT, which is kind of the shitkicker model, but the longer wheelbase is only a couple of grand more.
Speaker 2: It really isn't that expensive.
Speaker 3: So they will all be powered by three point five liter twin turbo charged V six petrol engines, so it makes almost the same amount of power and a little more talk than the Ranger ractor here in Australia and body as well, so it doesn't weigh all that much. I'm just a bit concerned. You see the pictures of the interior of the XLT, it kind of looks pretty cheap. O.
Speaker 1: I don't mind it, and I don't think it looks too bad. I mean, you've got to realize that that's sort of that sort of fit out is for people's cuck who just want to wipe stuff.
Speaker 2: Down your Daniel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, I think that the screen's tiny.
Speaker 2: It kind of looks a bit spartan.
Speaker 3: But if you then step up to the midspec, which is called the Lariot, I love these American names.
Speaker 2: Lariot is one hundred and.
Speaker 3: Forty grand for the long wheel base, so it does step up in price pretty quickly, but that's about the same price you're paying for a Ram fifteen hundred.
Speaker 2: And this is as nice, if not nicer.
Speaker 3: Actually, hey, one of the other videos I did that went viral on TikTok.
Speaker 1: Can you stop the way?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: The way you even say TikTok is like TikTok when I moved on from mass bass and to the Tiktoks.
Speaker 3: But the other video that I had that went viral there with several million views.
Speaker 2: Was the video of two features.
Speaker 3: The the fifty we had in the States, which was the fold down gear stick that creates.
Speaker 2: A work bench.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: There was a second feature as well that folded down the two front seats to create a bed, so you could have literally a laid flat seat.
Speaker 2: It was bloody unreal soo features.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at this car right now. This honestly reminds me of that guy who who's it reminds me of that guy who's got far too much money and spends it on fishing gear.
Speaker 2: Sounds like me.
Speaker 1: Just to full on, full sleeve shimano kind of job. Puts his six pack of puts his six pack of great northerns in there. This bloody ridiculous sonni is that no one wears apart from a speed dealer. We're going to bloody Boomey Gooey and we know a mile and fishing. I'm tar on the boat. I got the Bertram sponsored by Shamanna. Me and the bloke.
Speaker 2: Yep Ie so want one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of want what they bring.
Speaker 3: If they bring the Raptor here, I'm going to have to trade up to just something a bit more, you know, big.
Speaker 1: Anything to compensate. My My dad had one of these when I was a kid, and yeah, and I still remember him driving it home for the first time. All black. Those really like the big Rams. And I had My first car was a was a Swift GT I and wow, it could actually fit in the back of that car, which.
Speaker 2: Not surprised me about your first car? Makes sense?
Speaker 1: Now what was your first car?
Speaker 2: Next question, let's all.
Speaker 1: Come on with car. Let's have a look at that. Pull it up.
Speaker 2: What was that? People?
Speaker 1: The people want to know? What was it?
Speaker 2: Well? This is there is a backstory to this. My first car was a Camry, but.
Speaker 1: So he gave me ship for a for a swift GT.
Speaker 3: I drive it because the day I turned eighteen, I got my first media evaluation vehicle and since then I've just been driving those.
Speaker 2: I've only ever had those. So enjoy that. There you go.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a fucking sandwich on the table, isn't it. You don't even know what that me neither. I'm just looking at the pizza that me and our producer and I'm like, fucking hell hungry, and we skip that much so overhearing about Paul's Camra. Let's just dig into the pizza, Martie. Yeah, wow a Camri.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Sensible is the word.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just you haven't changed. I mean, if if those river slacks were a car camera, I'm surprised you didn't start. I didn't surprised you didn't end up as a cab driver.
Speaker 2: If Uber was around when I was, I probably would have.
Speaker 1: Been Now listen, you can carry this. I don't want to be a part of it. If you can buy a Polster, you'd probably want to hold on to it forever and ever and ever. Isn't that right? Pavli?
Speaker 2: Yes, So we did an interesting story. I look at some of these car companies that have.
Speaker 3: Guaranteed future valued plans and we got onto the topic of evs because I have been closely watching the cost of Tesla's and what they're worth secondhand. When you think about EV's, batteries degrade over time, so they're going to be worth less and less as time goes on. So we did a little exercise where we took some of the evs that are from bigger brands and then we put them through the brand's own guaranteed future value calculators. So we did a Mazda MX thirty, We did a Mercedes Benz eq C I think it was, and then we did a pole Star three which has yet to be released that we haven't even seen spy photos of them, so who even knows what state they're at with actually making this car. But they announced the pricing a couple of weeks ago, and it's bloody expensive. It looks cheap, but it's definitely not cheap the second you start ticking a few option boxes for stuff that really should be standard, and keeping in mind is a car that's made in China, so it is pretty cheap to manufacture compared to some of these vehicles that are rolling out of Germany and Japan.
Speaker 2: We were blown away with how much money you lose on this thing.
Speaker 3: So when you took a couple of basic options, the new price on the road was one hundred and sixty two thousand dollars four hundred and seventy one over four years. And I'm going to ask you to guess how much do you think this was worth in four years time? Keeping in mind, the new price is one hundred and sixty two grand.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so we start new at one sixty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you've driven it around for four years sixty thousand k's, which is fifteen thousand k's a year.
Speaker 2: Pretty sort of basic stuff. How much do you reckon?
Speaker 3: Polestar says their Polestar three is worth after four years.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say between I'm going to say between sixty seventy five, I'd probably say do you know what I'd more say? Seventy five thousand.
Speaker 3: Okay, how does fifty nine thousand dollars sound? So you're losing one hundred and three thousand dollars over four years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what is it is? That's like over fifty percent? That's like sixty percent, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it is insane. So yeah, we're really blown away by that. And to put that into context of per kilometer, it's a dollar seventy per kilometer that this thing is depreciating. So you're paying per kilometer to charge at per kilometer to service it, and then you're depreciating the vehicle constantly every single kilomity you drive, and it must get to a point where you're like, oh, I don't really want to drive it because it's just depreciating so much. And how does that compare? So MX thirty, which is the master thing that they've sold barely any of that's seventy grand on the road, that is worth after four years twenty nine grand. But as a depreciation per kilometer, it's sixty six cents, So it's depreciating far less than the dollar seventy that you're losing on your Polster s No saydes Benz a dollar twenty per kilometer in terms of depreciation. So yeah, it is remarkable, and I think it is worth just keeping in mind if you are going to buy an EV and you are going to finance it, really have a look at resale values because that I think is really important at the moment for an EV, especially compared to any other car on the road.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I feel like we're paying through the roof for evs generally, Like still you kind of I think a lot of people would have expected prices to go down a little bit. I know the Tesla has dropped their price somewhat, but yeah, I expected everything to be a lot more cheaper the.
Speaker 4: Polster and this isn't coming out till next year, So we're saying that in twelve months time, this is still going to feel like it's worth one hundred and seventy grand when you're buying it.
Speaker 2: And I just don't get that.
Speaker 3: If we're meant to be talking about EV's becoming cheaper, this thing is still twelve months away.
Speaker 2: So you have twelve months.
Speaker 3: Worth of battery development and all these advances, and you're still going to hit us with one hundred and seventy thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: EV I think it.
Speaker 3: Blows me away even more with Polestar is that the only other car they sell at the moment is the Polestar.
Speaker 1: Too, which isn't selling great by the way.
Speaker 2: Really, it's not selling great, but it's also not that expensive.
Speaker 3: So you're telling me that if I want an SUV version of a Polestar, I have to spend an extra.
Speaker 2: Hundred thousand dollars. These people are crazy.
Speaker 1: What do you make it? The Polster Too? By the way, I remember we reviewed it, didn't we.
Speaker 2: Well, you tried to, but you remember, no one will get back to you.
Speaker 1: I know they had that sad and they got back to me.
Speaker 2: Oh you go no.
Speaker 3: Look, the Polestar Too really is a bit of a failed effort in terms of advancing their EV brand because the car itself is fine, it's okay, but it's incredibly cramped inside, Like in the second row, I have to tilt my head to the left to actually fit in there, this enormous drive line hump. Because it shares a platform with an internal combustion car.
Speaker 2: It just feels like a very low effort attempt.
Speaker 3: And to think that they don't have a replacement for that coming anytime soon is totally beyond me.
Speaker 1: You weren't actually tilting your head to get in the car and Trevor in the backseat, and it was payback for coming on the show. I don't know I found there. I was thinking about that Pulster two looks wise, it's fine, it's fine. I think the inside is fine. The whole thing is just fine. It's you kind of look at it and you go, who would buy this thing? Because it's somewhat boring. You sort of think, oh, look at the flare. It's got like yellow seat belts and very like very sort of gray. It looks like furniture from an airport travel lounge. Like honestly, I thought, who would buy this? And then I realized it's someone who's really into scandy furniture.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly, And look, I'm sure there is a market for that. But you just look at some of the materials like the cloth, and yeah, I don't know, it just feels like.
Speaker 2: It's not going to date very well. So like it.
Speaker 1: It just feels so corporate in there. It almost feels like a fleet car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's literally like a Model three, but less practical like a Model three is very basic and spartan, in so whereas a Pollstar is just the same but just not as good in terms of anything that it does.
Speaker 2: So I just kind of don't understand the point in it, do.
Speaker 1: You know what? Speaking of the Model three, I was going to do a comparison between that and what went on sale as we record this yesterday, was the Ionic six. Right, it's the kind of like their car to go up against the Model three. Did you see the pricing for this, because I was really surprised that I thought the pricing for the model for the Ionic six was kind of exy.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not only xy, but it is a very odd looking car.
Speaker 3: It looks the back looks like an au Falcon, and I know that at the time it really it really just set a trend.
Speaker 2: But twenty years on it I think.
Speaker 1: The back looks like that sort of that double lip at the back. I think that looks more like an old school Porsche. Yeah, okay, it's got old school Porsche vibes. Yeah, but the front just looks completely weird. It's almost like they try.
Speaker 3: Know if Marty can hear this, but you guys have SPECSA is in New South Wales, right.
Speaker 1: Go look at Okay, Okay, Mary, you know what Maria. Maria produced can be the adjudicator, the adjudicator. If you look at the back, look at the back of the Ionic six. I don't think we're looking at the same car. Seriously, I'm talking about me and yeah, okay, now look at trying try and get a rear a front like a rear.
Speaker 2: Which does that look like?
Speaker 3: Don't you think, Mary, Gordy when he comes into the office, is he smoking anything that looks to be illegal substance?
Speaker 5: Okay, look, I was there, I talk I checked it out over the weekend and I'm telling you now give me one sec the build the assembly, No, the assembly.
Speaker 1: Just look at the back of it. I forget about the lives. Look at the spoiler on the back and how fat it is at the bottom. What do you what do you think? What do you want to mail? Paul? This determines if you get another slice of pizza, So think carefully. Okay, it's still deciding.
Speaker 2: Fuck yeah, so I was good.
Speaker 1: Well anyway, that's the beauty of design, isn't it, Pavlis. It's subjective. I see a Porsche, you see an au Falcon. Anyway says a lot about our personality it is.
Speaker 2: It is expensive.
Speaker 3: I'm just having a little sticky by seventy four grand for the base and then eighty eight for the top spec peak.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I find's weird too? The base is the one that will get you the furthest Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I don't understand that, Like they add all this extra weight for the dual motor set up, but then it kills you, It kills your range.
Speaker 1: The middle I don't have it in front of me, but I from memory, I think the middle spec was the one that was somewhat a similar price to the three around about seven around about eighty something, but that was including on roads. Once you get a Tesla on road, it's similar sort of price, similar distance as well, similar range.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, I'll hand.
Speaker 3: Yon day that their range is typically pretty on point. I'm going to be driving one soon, so we'll see what it's like. But I just looking at the side profile at the moment, the proportions look like there won't be much headroom in the second row.
Speaker 2: The boot's probably not going to be great. So yeah, yeah, I just I just.
Speaker 3: Wonder why they do this type of thing instead of just going down the path of building SUVs, because that's what everyone is buying at the moment.
Speaker 2: They go for this super niche product. It just makes no sense to me. That's my rant.
Speaker 1: Thank you for coming to Paul's Ted talk everybody. I'm the same. That rear quarter window kind of looks like bendy and pointy and it just makes me feel funny and the tummy.
Speaker 2: Um, it's that pizza that you're gorging on at the moment.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's the Subway foot long that I enjoyed while charging.
Speaker 2: MAV beautiful, beautiful segue.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I'm taking the rest of the show off. You'd be happy about that, Daniel, go fuck yourself.
Speaker 3: So yeah, fast food giants. Subway is building an ev charging network.
Speaker 1: Yeah well, actually it's called the charging oasis.
Speaker 2: Charging.
Speaker 3: I'm not ever going to a charging oasis, no matter how good it.
Speaker 1: Is food involved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's true. A big old foot long meatball.
Speaker 3: It is actually a really good idea, and I've seen this in the UK before at some of those services that are off the road where they'll be all based around these food outlets, and it's actually a really good idea because it means that you've got a place to go to eat that you can charge your car at. Typically a subway meal is like a twenty minute sort of exercise.
Speaker 2: Talk to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen you have to show restraint before when just necking a hole.
Speaker 1: I can usually just lay it down on the table and in through my nose, just like a plate of k Marko.
Speaker 2: Gay. I think this is I think.
Speaker 3: This is the way to go because it really sort of builds on that ethoss of you get your food fast to charge your car fast away you go. So because at the moment, the whole business model of a servo doesn't really work because a servo is a place you're in and out really quickly. Sticking a few charges on the side there doesn't make sense because you haven't got thirty minutes worth of stuff to do at a servo, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So I think that this concept is really going to take off, and we're going to have to see.
Speaker 2: A lot of servos diversifying.
Speaker 3: Their business models to bring in a lot of these fast food outlets to really make it worthwhile the trip.
Speaker 1: You know what they could add there too, would be a car wash. Imagine if like you could buger off for a couple of hours, have food, cars charged, cars washed?
Speaker 3: Can we go to wash your car? Let's charging? Oh water, electricity?
Speaker 1: Don't I always thought it was normal. Mo'm always used to chuck a toaster. And when I was in the bath, she was crying, but she did mumble a few inaudible things, something about my dad. I can't remember.
Speaker 2: Should we talk a car review?
Speaker 1: We should talk a car review.
Speaker 3: Ye's let's go with something affordable. You know, I think we always we always talk about expensive stuff, and I think a lot of the complaints we get that we're not really just covering affordable stuff.
Speaker 1: So every day sort of the everyday man car. I agree, that's it.
Speaker 2: So what have you got?
Speaker 1: I've got a Porsche GT three RS, right, the Porsche GT three RS. Listen. Before we do this, I just want to quickly shout out to our good friends and we're going to put their handle on this screen. To Sydney Luxury Higher. They do basically exotic car high rentals, so stuff like Lambeau's, Bentley's, Ferrari's Porsche GT three RS. And you get to drive this too, by the way, so this is something you can actually properly drive around all day. You know, you can drive to your formal You can drive past your ex girl friend's house and pretend you're successful. You can you can drive to Pavlai's house and throw some throw some what's up?
Speaker 2: Did you do that in the stonic to look at me? No?
Speaker 1: Actually, do you know what?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 1: Do a bit of a test with a stonic outside's girlfriend's house. I just wanted to test how long the horn would last. Anyway, My point is, yeah, check him out. Handles on the screen we'll put I don't know a link in the description of this podcast, but good people, thank you for lending us the car. We really enjoyed it, probably a bit too much. This car nearly killed me and our producer. I feel partly responsible for that. This is a second hand car. Technically it's not a press car, so it's you know, it's a twenty what was it twenty eighteen? Obviously not the new one, but I thought car nearly killed me and our producer. I feel partly responsible for that. This is a secondhand car. Technically it's not a press car, so it's you know, it's a twenty what was it twenty eighteen? Obviously not the new one, but I thought I thought we would do this because just to give a bit of an insight into what it's like to own a supercar like this, I mean, a five hundred thousand dollar car. And if you look at, say roughly the newer one, it's it's quite funny how how little the difference is on paper in a lot of ways, like they just kind of tweak it, tweak stuff just to make the figures look a little bit better on paper. But yeah, look roughly around about five hundred thousand dollars four liter flat six, three hundred and sixty seven killer, what's four sixty meters of talk This is like zero to one hundred and three point three seconds. But the funny part is the newer one is three point two.
Speaker 2: But that's the problem.
Speaker 3: They can only extract so much out of a naturally aspirated engine. And you know they always too, whenever a new one of these roles around, they always talk about what's going on beneath the skin, you know what I mean. So it's always about the mechanical changes underneath that get you just that tiny bit more you know, tiny bit more acceleration, tiny bit more track handling. It really is all about just that minute difference between the previous one and the new one.
Speaker 1: It's such a but it's funny because everything is a lot more I'm trying to find the word. It's almost like a lot more concentrated. I think when you jump in a car like this, you instantly appreciate everything that goes into this, from the engineering to the absolute detail. I mean, you pay five hundred thousand dollars for this is a spec This really is a special car. There's a reason why people turn their heads as opposed to, you know, an everyday consumable sports car. Whether was that Toyota you had? What was that? What did you drive? Again? Was this a Supra? All I remember is you? I remember you had this sports car one point and I just remember thinking, may as well just get a Suzuki du t I.
Speaker 2: Rukeystomic.
Speaker 1: Look the looks of this insane. It's an absolute aggressive beast. It's a hooligan of a car just to look at, and it's such a head turner. Ours was the bright orange one massive wing on the back then galore, just an angry, just mean looking beast of a car. Like it really had stance, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Like they are an incredible looking thing.
Speaker 3: And then you know, you look at the next generation of GT three RS and the GT two like they're now at the point where it's all about error and extracting every little bit you can out of it. And the irony is you see most of these cars just driving around the street, you know, with people like you behind the wheel, and as a result of that, they never actually at the track where you know they are likely to experience, you know, every little bit that they can out of these things.
Speaker 2: They really are quite an incredible machine.
Speaker 1: I feel like the new ones. Isn't it funny Like when we were kids and we had remote controlled cars and you just look at it and go, wow, that thing's wild. It's like now they've built those, it's just like the look of them just looks like something like a fucking Lego toy.
Speaker 3: It's crazy, yeah, bloody unreal. And the cool thing as well is they're actually kind of practical. If you drive a Lamber or something like that, they're very hard to park and just not very practical, whereas with a nine to eleven you can get a front lifter. They've got the ability to get cameras and all this sort of stuff that actually makes it drivable and usable.
Speaker 2: And not all that scary, which I think is a big bonus.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was going to say that it's got like the electronically raised axle up the front, so if you're going over a speed hump or the driveway for instance, at this radio state, at this podcast studio, Wow, we needed that. But yeah, there are there are all sorts of things. I think practicality, it is very fifty to fifty supposed to be a track car that you can daily. Would I daily this car? Would you daily this car?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Some people do, and I can understand the appeal, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's one of those things that you'd have to be very brave and very happy to be comfortable with it being damaged potentially as a daily It.
Speaker 1: Just genuinely feels seventy percent track car. Yeap, it really does. You do sit in a car like this and you drive it, and you give it everything, and you explore everything about it from you know, the chassis, and you pull limits on it, and you just you really sort of try to get to know this as much as legally possible. And man, I think for the first time in a long time, I really sat there, and I really appreciated the refinement that goes into this and the price tag it deserves. The engineering and it's almost in a lot of ways easy to drive one of these cars fast than it is. I don't know, a Supra, you're a bitch. It just it looks it just yah, it just feels excellent. It's the sort of car that you sit in and you go, I'm not ready for this, but we're doing this, and it's go. It's just a it's just such a beautiful car. I mean, I've always you know, I'm a massive Porsche fanboy, but when you sit in a machine like this that's just so well engineered in every single way.
Speaker 2: That's that's probably what it is the most.
Speaker 3: It just feels really well engineered and yeah, just really nicely put together. Yeah, the new GT three RS has this enormous wing like it is just the most stupid looking thing, and I just love every bit of it.
Speaker 2: I just think that's cool.
Speaker 1: If you pair it down, if you water it down, even the whole nine nine two line like it, the whole thing just looks stoic, like it just has a beautiful presence. It's that it's that classic gentlemanly Porsche Vibe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly like it's yeah, I don't know, you can. It's it's a car that should age poorly but doesn't. Like it doesn't change all that much in terms of its design, but it is still a really appealing looking car. But but you know, really, just it is so much fun to drive.
Speaker 1: Definitely, the pros on this is everything. CON's more of a track car. It's just it's violent. It'll, you know, throw you around, it'll make you feel great. But yeah, it's it's a it's a not a I don't know. I just could not daily this car, poor Marty. We took it for a bit of a spin, and Marty saw the face of God.
Speaker 3: Legally legally is that the nickname for your okay, No, it was actually a bit.
Speaker 1: Oh you're talking about my penis? Yeah, I call it. I call that stomach. Really represents my personality. Zippy and economical.
Speaker 2: Yeah, undesirable, it doesn't take too much on fuel.
Speaker 1: Whatever that means. Stop laughing.
Speaker 3: I just thought i'd read through a little bit of feedback that we got a couple of ratings that you guys very generously left for us, so we can see that people really enjoyed having.
Speaker 2: Trevor on the show, which is great, Which is really good?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 2: What? I so that I read out a couple of these couple of.
Speaker 3: These ones great podcast from Alan denit extremely entertaining podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thank you Alan for dropping that. And hey, if you are listening, we.
Speaker 3: Would really appreciate it if you could leave us a five star rating on whichever platform you're listening to. This tax ten seconds to do and leave us a fun comment there as well, if you want to. But this one really peaqued my interest. It was from Dave mel but forty six. I don't know where Dave is from or how old he would be, but.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing he's probably born in nineteen forty six.
Speaker 2: Oh what makes you think that?
Speaker 3: And where would he be from? Maybe Sydney or something like that. But anyway, so Dave Melo wrote morons. That's both of us good. At least he's being inclusive, complete moronic podcast, full stop Newline. It's a shame to see Paul has lowered himself to work with the other idiot full stop.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 3: I do love that he actually listened to an episode and I'm like, well, what was what was he expecting this was going to be It's literally marked as explicit on every platform that it's on. So thanks for tuning in, Dave, and sorry that you're not funny. Oh, actually you don't find things funny, so maybe I don't know you care to comment?
Speaker 1: Dave's an interesting one because Dave, I can't I can't pay Dave out. Like Paul Bastard, sitting there with a bit of dribble on his deck, he doesn't have anything to go home to his city. Chucks on the ab say a little bit of.
Speaker 2: UK Murder mysteries.
Speaker 1: That's what I'll watch, and when that's over he'll hop into bed.
Speaker 2: And I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, I just have a feeling this guy looks a lot like Trevor anyway.
Speaker 2: Anyhow.
Speaker 1: Look, hey, I don't mind. I don't read you know me, I don't read the comments. It's water off for ducks back with me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: Care We do actually have quickly, we did get and look, I apologize. We did get a stack of emails, a stack of questions to the guy who was complaining about his daughter's car getting fixed and parts. We've actually received about three or four emails from people who have bought brand new cars from different companies, generally Chinese companies who have had problems with their cars and simply can't get parts. Everything's under warranty and they've they've had to wait six months plus, which I believe it or not. I am actually doing some homework on that one. I've spoken to some legal experts. I've even spoken to this that's our legal expert, which is Toadfish from Neighbors.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I actually have been looking into that, and honestly, there is some something I want to bring up on that on the next episode. So please sit tight. You won't have your parts by then anyway, so don't stress.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, well yeah, if you're listening to these, please do leave us rating and if you do want to get in touch, contact that the Drivers Show dot Com that I use the right email address.
Speaker 1: Just quickly, quick question from the DMS. Hey, guys love the podcast. We're in the market for a new car looking at leasing. Do you think prices have used ice cars will drop with the uptake of evs in the next few years. Also, what would be your recommendations for a new hybrid slash FEV under sixty k ish keep it up, Ball as you go first price wise, maybe the Artlander. I did have this hybrid, but I think that's a little bit over sixty k that was fairly smooth. It just you know, it's very similar to the normal Santa Fe it's do you know what. I found it kind of annoying because it's quite smooth up to about sixty k's and then it's like this tiny little engine fucking kicks in it. It's the loudest thing ever. So I found that annoying, but the fit out is excellent. I actually would say the X Trail.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh, the E Force one, yeah, I hate that name, but yeah, the Hybrid one, yeah it's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay cool. So for me, it's going to be slightly different.
Speaker 3: So the reason I'm going with a different approach is because of the word leasing. At the moment, the government has incentives in place. If you are doing a novated lease and you're buying an electric vehicle and I believe a plugging hybrid vehicle, under the luxury car tax threshold, you can actually claim one hundred percent FBT exemption. That means you're going to be paying less tax to the government. You're going to be paying less taxable income, you'll have less taxable income as well.
Speaker 2: So having that said, I would have.
Speaker 3: A look at Oh my god, it's just shoving the biggest piece of pizza in his mouth.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I would have a look at.
Speaker 1: There you saying something important, a.
Speaker 3: Look at the Outland of plug in hybrid, because that meets that brief and it means that you're going to save money. Keep in mind, though, if you are emailing us from Victoria, that you also have to pay a per kilometer tax on plug in hybrids, which is the most idiotic thing in the world, because it's impossible to actually to split the difference between when you're driving on electric and when you're driving on internal combustion. So yeah, I would have a look at Outlander plug in hybrid if you are doing at least it's a big enough car, really good to drive, and I think it'll take all those boxes.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks for out of time, Jesus Christ. That was very comprehensive. Thank you, Pavel. Yeah, I'm glad I answered it with three different cars and then you just turned to comment into a conversation.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Ah, yes, contacted the Driver show dot com dot you please, I don't know what do they need to do again? Please rate, subscribe. We have a YouTube channel now if you want to see my alcoholic looking face and Paul doing a podcast as he's doing an assignment for TAFE.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to jazz this little area up. Normally I'm in the studio with you, but today I'm obviously working.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, you need you need a quick little trip down to Typo and get some fairy lights. He comes back. He's got some like some sort of ceramic owl statue and a live laugh love Figer poster. Oh well, thanks for joining us, everybody,