Speaker 1: Come on in.
Speaker 2: Hello, Happy Wednesday, everyone, ue Honday, Happy Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Also night is pretty birthday happy?
Speaker 4: You forgot for a second, didn't you?
Speaker 5: Could I forget?
Speaker 4: I am, oh my god, it's a male strip.
Speaker 1: I am genuinely not putting this on. You'll see my face.
Speaker 4: On the camera. I just forgot that it was my birthday. It's because we're celebrating you all day. Happy birthday much, But I didn't think i'd needed to tell you this. A single rose is very triggering for me.
Speaker 5: But a single rose does it gives you the reminder of how you came into your fame.
Speaker 1: And also how I got dumped on national television as the first person in the world to ever win The Bachelor.
Speaker 4: I'm not win anything.
Speaker 2: You'll hate the honey that I got you and the badger.
Speaker 3: I'll take the badger, appealing the curtain back for the listeners.
Speaker 2: Laura and I called Laura on the way to the show this afternoon. I'm like, should we forget it's Britney's birthday?
Speaker 3: Purely because you said this on the show a couple of months ago, Ready, and I wanted to put it to the test.
Speaker 5: Who actually remembers anyone's birthday these days and doesn't go off Facebook.
Speaker 1: But I think it depends on the person, right, Like I genuinely could not care if both of you forgot my birthday, could not care. I would not even blink an eye. You would.
Speaker 4: I would I called bullshit though.
Speaker 5: If I forgot your fortieth birthday, even if you didn't bring it up, I would have never would never let me live it down.
Speaker 4: I couldn't care you. I never celebrate my birthday Laura and I were too scared to do it. I wouldn't have remembered. To know that you have not remembered. That's the point. Maybe you need to go and get like an Alzheimer's check or something in.
Speaker 3: Your old age.
Speaker 4: Just genuinely not important to me.
Speaker 5: You were important to us, Brittany Hockley and happy birth beautiful days.
Speaker 2: And there's also all we're talking on it today, Like that's it. We're not doing the whole show dedicated to you.
Speaker 3: What this is all?
Speaker 6: You can no?
Speaker 1: I don't want I don't want you know, Actually, now that we're here, commit I want a whole Brittany's Birthday show.
Speaker 5: Brittany's Like I want you to cry for me and bring out the cake. Coming up next, we're all going to cry for britt together.
Speaker 2: No coming BRIT's Birthday special. We're talking public proposals, cringe or beautiful. One has happened here in this country and it's really divided the nation.
Speaker 5: This rose is really dead. Sorry, it's the afternoon and we bought it this morning.
Speaker 1: You let's just find that on the street. I feel like you took it from someone's garden. I thought you would have. I reckon someone else got given that a week ago, Mitch. Just like Bingo, she's a.
Speaker 2: Big all right, welcome to the pickup everyone, Happy Wednesday.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 2: The big stories of the day, Brittain Laurie. You need to decide whether or not we carry on a conversation.
Speaker 3: Shouldn't pick it up? Or we put it down? And we stopped talking about it this week? Are you ready?
Speaker 4: I'm always ready.
Speaker 2: Today we're discussing ladies and gentlemen. All you can eat buffet.
Speaker 4: Pick them up. I love a buffet.
Speaker 5: I'm quite sad that there's not more sizzlers in the world these days.
Speaker 4: So yes, I will say pick it up. But I don't know what happened.
Speaker 2: Well, she was arrested at an Applebee's or you can eat restaurant for disorderly conduct. Apparently there was an all you can eat deal advertised and it did not specify per person, so she paid one fee and then brought the whole family, kids and all in to eat for free.
Speaker 4: No, it was promoted in the wrong way. Not fair. You can't try to get through a loophole. You can't say, oh, it's all you can eat.
Speaker 5: So I'm going to bring an entire truck and fill it up, so I've got takeaway for the next month.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I used to do? I'm not proud of it, but I will admit to it.
Speaker 1: When I was a very young and poor backpacker, I was backpacking around the world and I didn't have a lot of money, and I was living in a van with no windows. It was a removlessvan, not like a cute van. I had a wooden floor and no I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could picture.
Speaker 4: It was freezing wastingland in Europe, and it was cold having your showers at like the local gym, no beach.
Speaker 1: The beach so we used to go to We used to go to our pizza hut with a container and would eat as much as we could, and then we would feel the container under the table, put a lid on it, and that would be either the dinner or the next day's lunch.
Speaker 5: Yeah. But that's the thing everyone has, that one person who always tries to like scurry if you away.
Speaker 4: That's my mum.
Speaker 5: Me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, you two are sorry, really really all right?
Speaker 3: Moving on? Pickup put down? Public proposal?
Speaker 4: What pick them up? Wow? That surprises me from you put it down? I'm saying, put it down.
Speaker 2: There's one that everyone's talking about. The NFL had. You know, they did a kiss cam where they zoom in on couples that kiss on the be A man proposed to his girlfriend and his partner immediately started shaking his head.
Speaker 3: I was like, no, I don't want to get married.
Speaker 5: Do you think that if you got proposed to in public you would feel and a lot of people watching you would feel a pressure to say yes and then say no later?
Speaker 4: I asked, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: You always always say yes to save grace, like to save face for that person I make you say no later.
Speaker 2: I have an opinion that if you're getting married and engaged in public, it's hiding the fact that your relationship isn't actually that good.
Speaker 3: It's a hot take, But I think if.
Speaker 2: You are that sound and happy and confident in your own love, you don't need a grand gesture to say, look, how good.
Speaker 3: It's purely for other people.
Speaker 1: If Ben proposed to me my fiance, now, if he proposed to me at the end of a football match, I would have equally have loved that, because he knows what I've said. Yes, I couldn't care less if it was mortified, if it was private like us, one on one like he did it, or in a football match. It doesn't matter to me because at the end of the day, this is the same end result, right, except one makes you probably a bit more fair.
Speaker 2: If you did it that pizza hut you're talking about, would you still have loved that?
Speaker 4: Negative?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the difference, all right.
Speaker 2: Finally, pick up, put down, remaining alert and awake the whole flight. If you are sitting on the aisle seat of an aeroplane.
Speaker 4: Put it down.
Speaker 5: I heard about this apparently, if you are on the aisle seat, there's an expectation that you will stay awake, And I can't even stay awake in a short drive. If I'm a passenger I'm like, oh, my baby driving, I'm like a baby. Anytime there's motion, I am asleep. So I just think it is the most unreasonable request that if someone's in an aisle seat you should expect them to stay awake.
Speaker 3: Why is it, do you think?
Speaker 2: Is it in case of emergency or so the people in the middle and the window can go to the bathroom.
Speaker 4: It's so it's not an emergency. Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Because the emergency, the person closest to the window needs to be awake so they can rip the door open. It's just so that people can get out to the toilet. But I I stand up. Oh people's asleep on their on the aisle. I will stand up over them. But then the question is do you go Do you step over their seat fanny first or butt first in their face because you've got to get out into the aisle, right, So do you face them in the.
Speaker 4: Grab claw over or do you turn backwards and crab claw or you try and climb over the top of them whilst they're still sleeping. I've climbed over heaps of people. I'm very athletic. Wouldn't you just wake them up? Nah? I would rather. I think you're asks in their face.
Speaker 1: I can go to the yep, I can go to the bathroom without that person knowing I do not disturb their slumber.
Speaker 5: No, imagine waking up pretty longly, asses in your face, what.
Speaker 3: A day full?
Speaker 2: Mister bean Fenny forward, arms back, I would gothom.
Speaker 4: I will go but yeah, but facing them, yeah, I always.
Speaker 1: But first, have you guys seen this new trend of chat GPT absolutely roasting people's Instagram? Yes, it's so good and we may or may not have been roasted ourselves, all.
Speaker 3: Right, snaxt so the pickup.
Speaker 1: Hey, Mitch Laurie, you might have seen this chat GPT roasting going viral online. So if you haven't seen this, people are doing this trend where you know, you can ask chat GPT literally anything.
Speaker 4: It's AI.
Speaker 1: It knows everything people are sending in their own Instagram or social media profiles and getting them to tell them what they think of. It just based off the pictures, so it's not based off like your bio or your name or anything. You just have a look at whatever pictures are on the screen and then.
Speaker 4: They they just roast.
Speaker 5: How have we gotten to the place in society where we need to be paid out by artificial intelligence, Like how we gotten there?
Speaker 2: I know, But isn't it sad that we don't ask our friends for advice? We go, hey, computer, tell me what you think about me?
Speaker 5: Mitch, tell me what you actually think about me. I'm not going to ask you. I'm going to go and ask this robot.
Speaker 4: Guys, I don't think I think you're missing the point.
Speaker 1: No one's doing it because they actually want the computer's advice. They're not going to go and change their profile based on it. But it's just a bit of amusement. People just don't see what they say. So I organized for chat GPT to roast all of us, basically, so I don't know what I didn't want to know the answer.
Speaker 4: I got to producer Grace to do it. So she sent them in.
Speaker 1: All I know is that one of us is far worse off than the other.
Speaker 4: That's what she's fed back to me. Who do you think is the easiest the easiest offended? Like, out of the.
Speaker 2: Three of us, we've got kids, So I doubt chat GTP is going to be like two Grommets around that woman to tell.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of photos of me with plants and animals, though so that might think I live on a farm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, crazy cat lady.
Speaker 2: You've got your dog brit But then you've got a beautiful boyfriend Ben mine.
Speaker 4: Then you have lots of hot summer photos. So I don't know what mine will be because I've got dog stuff.
Speaker 1: I've got very unfiltered, hectic like podcast stuff like sexy chat, and then I've got some fashion stuff.
Speaker 4: We just had the LOGI, so I don't know what was gonna be.
Speaker 2: Chat JTP comes to my age gap boyfriend, I'm gonna lose it.
Speaker 4: Let's have a look what they say, producer Grace. What do they call that in a gay relationship when there's like a gap?
Speaker 1: But that was brilliant, and that was a dumb question.
Speaker 4: Let's see what chat JPT has to say. We are going to start me Laura play.
Speaker 6: This Instagram profile looks like the chaotic love child of a family scrapbook and a pr campaign instead of the shiny red carpet shots mixed in with the obligatory look at my cute kids and pets come as if the algorithm's going to implode without both. It's like they can't decide if they want to be a household name or just a regular person trying to get by newsflash, you can't have it both ways.
Speaker 4: That's right, I'm sorry, like a PR campaign slash what I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I I think I need to go to therapy with Jack GPT like they need to be my my personal I'm okay with this.
Speaker 3: That's so brutal. PR with family that is hilarious.
Speaker 1: Okay, I guess I will volunteers true for next Brits.
Speaker 6: This Instagram profile looks like it's trying way too hard to convince everyone that juggling, podcasting, red carpet events and sipping green juice is the pinnacle of human achievements. It's like a bizarre mix of look how glamorous my life is and I'm just a down to earth girl with a dog and a smoothie. It's basically the influencer starter pack sprinkle of trying to stay relevant desperation.
Speaker 1: I love disp picture on there that I have a dog in a smoothie. He's literally He's like, it's like she has a dog in a smoothie.
Speaker 3: I do have a dog in a smoothie.
Speaker 5: I am a chaotic mess and you are in influencer desperation.
Speaker 1: I look like I'm trying too hard to balance work with being humbled.
Speaker 2: I don't understand how it can be so brutal. Isn't AI meant to be non biased? No?
Speaker 5: I think that this is like, you know how people do the roast like that, It's like the TV show.
Speaker 4: It's it's proper roast, and I think it's gonna have some really interesting things to say about you, Mitch. I have a sneaky suspicion this is gonna be worse.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: It's my Instagram feed roasted by chat GPT.
Speaker 6: Looks like someone is having a mid career crisis, trying to decide between being the next big radio star or a full time meme. Lord from Red Carpet poses that scream look at me, I dressed myself to the obligatory hot girl walk flex. It's a buffet of tryhard content. Half the posts are just recycled radio bits, and the other half are shameless plugs disguised as attempts to stay relevant.
Speaker 4: Bravo for the effort, though, Oh well done.
Speaker 1: Faster, she got a compliment to finish it, Mitch, recycled radio in a midlife crisis.
Speaker 3: I'm twenty eight.
Speaker 4: That's not midlife. At least you didn't attack your age gape. Oh my god, guys, this is brutal. We're all gonna go and have therapy after this. Now I'm gonna go post to smoothie in my dog.
Speaker 3: All right back after this, I would pick up.
Speaker 5: Now, guys, I know this is something that you don't care about, but it's all that I have thought about since I've been at home this last week. It's book Week, Laura.
Speaker 3: I loved bookwek growing up, Britz, so did you. He's talking about this often.
Speaker 4: I was a book Week queen. Yeah, that was.
Speaker 3: Captain Underpants you two till seven?
Speaker 4: Oh, I was gumnut baby and a Hawaiian dancer.
Speaker 5: We need to get into that part because Britz BRIT's costumes were actually very questionable and probably not that age appropriate at the time.
Speaker 4: But book Week, and the reason why I have.
Speaker 5: An issue with it is because it goes for a week and you are expected to come up with a new outfit for your child every day. The more kids you have, the more outfits you've got to come up with. And I'm talking like it's craft activities. It's afternoons of going to kmart or spotlight or buddings, which I know is kind of part and parcel of the parenting thing. But by mid week, like as in, by the time you get to Wednesday, I'm exhausted and I am done. And my child doesn't know whether she's a dinosaur or a cat. She's got no idea, So why do we have to try so hard?
Speaker 3: On sky News? My kid doesn't know her own gender. She wakes up and thinks she's a pretty cat.
Speaker 2: Come on, it's a book week, everyone.
Speaker 4: I have an opinion.
Speaker 1: Much.
Speaker 4: I have an opinion.
Speaker 1: I think the fact that you have to have ten costume changes in a week is ludicrous, and I think that they should think you yes, they should be teaching consistency and commitment at these preschools. You go as you pick your outfit and you commit for the week. It's five days that you are that dinosaur.
Speaker 4: You don't change.
Speaker 5: This is this is exactly my point. So this morning Monday, we forgot. So we kind of got off to a bit of a slow start. The kid's got to daycare. Everyone was dressed up and I looked around and I was like, oh my god, it's book week and I had the costumes at home, So.
Speaker 2: What did you suggest just pretend you for puberty blues, like from your school kids, Like you're just normal kids, just in normal clothes.
Speaker 5: I think it's resilience building, you know, being that one kid that goes to school not on mufty day but in your school uniform was resilient.
Speaker 3: Get that kid sits in the library every day, has no friends.
Speaker 4: Her kids are fine. My kids are fine.
Speaker 5: They are resilient. They actually didn't mind, but when it came to Tuesday, they were stoked to get dressed. So Lola went as a dinosaur. But she's very strong willed. Lola three years old, and she was convinced that she was a rhino.
Speaker 4: Similar not identical ancestors. But last year she dressed as a penguin.
Speaker 5: She took a book to school that was Vernon the Penguin, and she was convinced that she was a cat.
Speaker 4: Do you have to take the matching book to your outfits?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so not only do you buy ten outfits, you have to buy ten books.
Speaker 5: Well, they pick the book that they want to go as, and then you have to try and fashion an outfit to match the book.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's why it's unreasonable. There's one moving kids. I can't deal with bookweek. Britt.
Speaker 5: Can you please, now that we've got to this destination, please describe what your gumnut baby outfit was.
Speaker 4: Actually made from my mom'said his school.
Speaker 1: I loved the gum nut babies, which is if you don't know what they are, it's you're like a gumnat out of a tree. But there were little little cute characters. You sorry, you were looking at me blankly, No I know. So mum got crape paper, which is that really hin paper that cannot get wet from a hot dollar that you like wrap a present in or something, and she just wrapped a boob tube like around my chest and then another mini skirt. She stapled it down the side. So I was like sewn into that outfit. It was like I was preparing for the logis. Then she just went out over the garden and got, oh, sorry, the beanie. I had a beanie on my head too, because that was the gum nut top. Then she went to the garden and just got loads of leaves and she stapled my body with leaves. I was sewn into this crape paper and that she sent me on my way. I was I had crape paper and leaves and that was it.
Speaker 3: So, Laura, what are you proposing.
Speaker 2: You're trying to rally the moms to cancel bookwek you want to just boycott book week.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not proposing anything.
Speaker 5: I just think there's solidarity and complaining about so you just want to I'm just here.
Speaker 4: For all the mums. I've had so many people.
Speaker 5: Slide into my dms on Instagram owing me like the really half baked costumes that they've created, and I'm here for it. The amount of effort, the create paper effort, that's where I'm at.
Speaker 4: I can get it behind it. I am putting in a proposal out to the mums in the car. I think we can start a petition. I am with you one book, one book and one character a week, commit and show dedication to the course.
Speaker 2: If you're listening, Uncle Mitch's a new costume every day.
Speaker 4: No sign a petition. That is, if I'm gonna go home, make.
Speaker 3: Some more costumes, make the factory.
Speaker 4: Wait, get some crepe paper on the way home.