Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast. Not's a catch up on Patsy's been very unwell with COVID, but she's back. I've been poisoned by rivals. You cannot kill me, like John Wick the movies which my life is based on. I saw a message with won our arrivals the other day, just to check it in to see if it was Fox that poison me and Nick Cody thinks this has got the whiff of Marty. It's a Marty move. This one hundred percent it is. So I've got to find out then, how was the boys Weekend? Because when we were last all together doing the show, you were out to go away for this boys weekend that have been casting chaos because of all the guys going, one of them was going to bring is to Twins and there was all that going on. So what happened to the boys weekend? Out at your your cabin?
Speaker 2: Actually the number one question I got to asked yesterday as we met a hundred of our listeners was did those twin girls go on the Boys Weekend? They didn't, So Rich stayed back Friday night, looked after the girls. Then he came up late on Saturday But the thing I was worried about was it was a working, big weekend. We had some trees to top down, we had jobs to do, solar panels, need to go.
Speaker 1: All of his friends to work on his property, panels on his room. Thank you, Master Jack.
Speaker 2: You don't have to you don't have to come. It's just an invitation. But no, there will be some working there.
Speaker 1: It's not the old sweatshop managers. And we see you don't have to work here, but that water canon is just there in case.
Speaker 2: So the I knew we would get up Friday and everyone would be giddy to get on the drinks, and I had to keep.
Speaker 1: Them of a school trip.
Speaker 2: That was my challenge because I knew that from Saturday morning, as soon as the sun comes up, we're in the fields working. So I documented audio messages of my night on Friday night to try to just to let you guys know how I was going. The first one was at the pub Friday night. We're at the pub on the boys weekend and guess who's the designated driver? Me driving my school bus full of little boys around aka my friends.
Speaker 1: Already the vibe I'm picking up here is somebod who's not happy soldier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they're all they were so excited to see each other again, and they're all getting drink. Yes, but there's work to do the next day. Also, I'm the designated driver, so I'm not having fun there. Let's take this back to the house. I have one little sip of wine before. Also, I forgot to say there's a lot of talk of making a bonfire when we get back from the pub, and there was also a suggestion that we light the fire by burning an arrow. I'm firing the bow and arrow. It's only three hours into the boys weekend and I'm already wanting to go home. This is what I'm dealing with. See, and this is what happens to a group of men when they get to the remote cabin.
Speaker 1: We've got access to axes, check arrows. Of course you've got your arrow. Oh my god, this is the ultimate boys weekend. Thankfully, do you have the fire? What happened with the fire?
Speaker 2: We did light the bonfire with a flaming arrow. We didn't do the flaming arrow. I've convinced them that the flaming arrow was dangerous, but they did feel half a can like an empty beer of petrol and they threw that on the bonfire.
Speaker 1: Oh, my lord, Shack.
Speaker 2: A right, final installment of my messages from Friday night.
Speaker 1: When you listen to this, your ears will prick up like mine did at the time. Stamper this first. When I was hearing this right just now, I thought, Oh, this must be one am or two am, because that's a good night out.
Speaker 2: Not so okay, it's ten for two, sorry, can on Friday night.
Speaker 1: I'll just get warmed up.
Speaker 2: I've gone to bed. The guys are still mucking around out there, having fun with no respect for the work that has to be done tomorrow. I tried to turn off the lights on them, trying to turn off the lights on them, but they continue to have fun. Good night, they continue.
Speaker 1: You didn't him in the background, Yeah, you're the host. You can't turn it at ten forty two.
Speaker 2: I have to be a leader. I thought if I went to bed that they'd all go eleven. We can party on Saturday night, guys. You know what time though, some of them up to three a m.
Speaker 1: Of course. And then how was the work on the out in the field.
Speaker 2: You know what? They actually did a commendable job.
Speaker 1: Actually give you in a chair with a shotgun.
Speaker 2: Despite the dustiness, despite the hangover. I fed them bacon the eggs the next morning and they worked all day, did they You got the parents on the st We had to set up the the what do you call it? Like we rackets rackings for the power. We can't I can't actually expect the prayers to like do electrical work.
Speaker 1: Now to go back into another weekend starting to do all that.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell's Show podcast