Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Flaying the song for the Montague Street Bridge because despite repeated attacks, it is still there. I reckon it's the toughest bridge in the world. How many people have driven into it just this year alone. We started this year with the kind of Montagu Street Bridge bingo because I think we got to like February March and it hadn't been hit, which is quite rare.
Speaker 3: It was on its longest streak ever, I think at ninety three days. That was the start of the year. And then once the once the first come.
Speaker 1: Roger Banister in the four minute mile every year. Once that it's like open season. No.
Speaker 3: Since then, it's been hit sixteen times, and the most recent one was yesterday.
Speaker 1: Incredible, isn't it.
Speaker 3: You won yesterday. I mean sometimes you see it and it's like a delivery van or a removalless truck and it is just scraped through this guy yesterday in a cement mixer is a meter off. There is no chair he's ever gonna make it.
Speaker 1: And also, if you're driving a cement mixer right, you're fully aware that's a big ass truck behind you. It's a cement mix, so they're huge.
Speaker 3: It's moving. Yeah, it's trying to remind you all the time. I'm on, I'm here right now.
Speaker 1: Any bridge you need to like plan ahead, don't you? And then wait? You know full well everyone knows if drive around this city, wait, watch out for Montague Street bridge. He's rammed. It looks actually he's wedged under there. It looks like they built the bridge on top of his truck, like it's just landed down on top of it. He's so under there, perfectly wedged.
Speaker 3: It looks like he's trying to get halfway through and then gone, all right, well I'm halfway through, so maybe I can just keep pushing and see what happens.
Speaker 1: I couldn't help but feel sorry for the guy because that's someone's Monday. You know, we can have a lot out here, but that is someone's starting the week. What do you do? Is there a special number you call? There is a dedicated you've hit me, there's all this number.
Speaker 3: There's a special sign that lives up there now that says call this number if any incidents with the bridge and do you reckon.
Speaker 1: It's like someone's job, or it's their side job. Where They've got a little number that flashes only good guys, another one sixteen who have sweet sixteen in a sweet steak and someone's winning something. It's a remarkable story and a great photo. Sick in this morning. When I first moved to Australia, I suddenly realize everyone likes to say shit be right. And it's a very nice kind of thing for not overthinking, not over worry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it works for so many situations.
Speaker 1: Should be right, yeah, and for you know, people in my country are quite uptight people. It's a nice way to sort of down regulate a bit and take it easy and chet out a bit here in Australia. But sometimes in life you do need to you do need to plan, you need to calculate, you need to think ahead. And actually it's not right. She'll be right. There must be stories like that guy probably thought she'd be right. I'm going to get the cement mixer under Montague Street Bridge. Suddenly he's wedged under, he's hammered into it, he's smashed into it. We're looking for stories this morning on nine four one four one o four three, When wasn't she all right? Okay, there's got to be moments in life, We're like, do you know what I have under calculated over optimistic? Turns out she wasn't all right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I use my mantra right and I was wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she wasn't all right. We're looking for those stories when you miscalculated, you didn't think it through enough. What is your version of being wedged under the Montague Street Bridge on a Monday The Christian O'Connell show podcast. We're looking for this morning stories, the other side of shitby al right when she she actually wasn't right. You really should have actually why I thought it through? You were too optimistic, You didn't calculate, You just thought it'd be okay. You were too blase. A suddenly, hindsight puts to the other side of Shibby right when she wasn't right. The story's don't need to be about Vicker's being wedged in anything. It can be anything that's happened where suddenly you're I really didn't think that through. That's most of us in the show, isn't it, Ashley, Jenny.
Speaker 4: Good morning for mine, Christian, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good, Jenny, Thanks for cool on the show. So what is your story for she won't be right.
Speaker 4: Well, I've borrowed my cousin's Powell drive like a troop terrier, which is not higher than a normal cart, so I borrowed it. This Diana had a shitty day at work and I was on the way home and forgot about the car port and went to drive under the car port and bang pushed the roof in.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, a bad day is even drive worse now, isn't it. She won't be right?
Speaker 4: And my kids were there trying to push the roof back out with their feature and now ex husband, he just laughed, he just laughs.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, Jenny, thank you very much. She called, let's go to Meck morning.
Speaker 2: Mick, Hey Chrisson, how are young mate?
Speaker 1: I'm good, Mix. So what's your story for she won't be right? Well?
Speaker 2: Look, I was delivering white road marking paint, one of my jobs on the Gold Coast when I was in my team, and I put more more paint in the van than anyone had ever put in before. And I was going up a pretty steep hill, chugging up at about forty kilometers an hour, and as I was watching in the mirror, one of them started to rock and I bounce back and forward, then I sided to roll towards the back of the van, smashed the back door, and I all this thing. I saw it go end over end in slow motion in my head and then exploded on the road. And this white road marking paint drives in about five minutes.
Speaker 1: Of course, that is amazing.
Speaker 3: And it's designed to stay stuck to the road forever.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm certain it's still there to that.
Speaker 1: The key part of that is what are they giving all that responsibility, you know, to a teenager to do as well?
Speaker 2: Well, what could possibly go wrong? All I had to do was deliberate.
Speaker 1: That's a great well met. Thank you very much, your story mate, Have a good day. The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast