Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian No Commel Show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, so in under three weeks it's actually twenty days time. We really really have a big thing that we've undertaken here, all right, So in under her twenty days time, we are going to be putting on our own school play. But for grown ups who never got a speaking part back in the day at their school play or their school musical. We're doing our very own version of Greece that we're going to call thanks to your ideas and suggestions, Grouse the Musical, set in the eighties, set here in.
Speaker 3: Australia, Greece is not what you heard. It's about ready full legal reasons. We're too in the show casting ever Rich Jose who never got a road with much speaking.
Speaker 2: Before we give you the good news that we're going to give you in a moment, Grouse the Musical. When I first move or two it five years ago to actually I was Hayles.
Speaker 4: Mcglonchlin said it to me once.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize whether it was an insult or what it actually meant, so I to ask Amish what it actually meant. Whenever I hear it's only normally used by certain age bracket.
Speaker 4: It ages people.
Speaker 2: It's second carbon dating here in Australia. If someone says Patsy uses it a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my parents' generation using seventy is hug What is the origin of it?
Speaker 4: Is it a Victoria thing? Is it national? I can't.
Speaker 5: I can find plenty of definitions of it. It can't find the origin of where grouse came from.
Speaker 2: I just asked her to producer Caitlin right, because she's in Queensland. I thought maybe they called it something different, you know, because even like a simple thing like a chicken palm has oh so we don't say that New Southern world, we don't call it that.
Speaker 4: So I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Whether there might be regional varieties as there is in Australia. She wellout, even thinking you saw it too. It stands for a great house. Sorry, what that's not why?
Speaker 4: Hamish macgonchlin told me it's a compliment. It's good. So is it in great house?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: It's too hot on the summer here.
Speaker 2: You haven't got the energy to say great as you go grouse, that's grouse.
Speaker 4: You live in a grouse.
Speaker 5: It might be true. I can't find anything on the internet to say that it's great.
Speaker 4: Let's just say it's true until proven otherwise.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's an adjective that means great, excellent, awesome, wonderful, popular in Australia, especially in the nineteen seventies and eighties. Example of use warnings grouse at cricket.
Speaker 4: So he's a great house at cricket. Okay, all right.
Speaker 2: So normally the world of theater and even at school when we do school plays, drum productions. At school, there are auditions. I failed mine, A lot of you failed yours, which is why you didn't get why we didn't get a speaking pump.
Speaker 4: We're going to go against form. This may be a mistake.
Speaker 2: In three weeks time, we'll find out, I don't think so. This is going to be for the first time ever in theater and auditionless.
Speaker 4: I don't know that may affect ticket sales. But wait, we're not charging.
Speaker 2: Any money again going against form here, no money will be charged to the performance, nor should it be. So we're going to be in three weeks time. But there's no barrier, you simply talent barrier. You just have to want to be in it.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: Willingness is all you need tell me about talent. We don't in this show every single day, nor should you. We grouse in musical, which of course means great house. All right, give us a call now. You could be our Danny, you could be our Sandy. It's entirely up to you. Do you want to be in the tea birds, pink ladies? Give us a call now? Do you want in? Did you miss out on it when you were a kid. We will give you all the support you needn't You don't have to sing in it. You don't even have to learn your lines. Okay, you can be just reading it out on the night from a piece of paper. It's entirely up to you. We just want you to have a great time.
Speaker 1: Carl Ber you're listening to the Christian Know Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Great email here, Good morning, Susan cartmeus and some research by the origin of the great Aussie word grouse is for grouse our musical that we're putting on.
Speaker 4: Forget about Greece. We're doing grouse sit here in the eighties in Australia.
Speaker 2: What does grouse mean? She sent me a link to internet article here. The best guest is origin is that it derives from a Scottish and Northern English dialect word krause of the c r o us, meaning merry and cheerful, as in I'm feeling very good kraus from Scotland to Australian English grouse.
Speaker 5: It makes way more sense than great House to me.
Speaker 4: All right, So let's wint out. Do you want to meet in our musical?
Speaker 2: This is the grown ups who at school you failed the audition like me, or you never even went for it. We're not having auditions. You can just simply be part of if you want to be in. If you've got a character of mind, or we can allocate your character. It's entirely up to you. Stay see good.
Speaker 6: Morning, Good morning, Christian and career.
Speaker 2: Here are you going?
Speaker 4: We're going? So are you joining Grouse the Musical?
Speaker 6: I would love to join Grouse the Musical?
Speaker 4: Brilliant? Welcome?
Speaker 2: Do you have any Do you want to be a Saner because we think we might do a couple of Sanders and a couple of Danny's.
Speaker 4: What would you love to be?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'd love a lead roll if you got to give me a lead roles?
Speaker 4: That easy when you're in charge of your own play.
Speaker 2: Yes, do you want to be a Sandy. Sure, yes, there you go, it's yours number one. There you go, all right, Stacey, Well speak to you over the weekend. Congratulations, welcome perfect to Grousey Musical.
Speaker 4: You've got a big role. Ky, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 6: How are you, Christian?
Speaker 2: I'm good, Kay, So are you on board? You want to be in our musical?
Speaker 6: I'd love to be and either child or a teenager of the eighties, Grouse means really cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's my understanding of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And so now, Kate, were you in your school play?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 6: We did a production of Greece and I happen to be a tree in the background.
Speaker 4: That is harsh. That is harsh, I know, so free tree. So from tree too? What did you want to be a pink lady?
Speaker 8: I've always wanted to be one.
Speaker 4: There we go, we just found our first pink lady. It's Uk.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 4: From Tree to Pink Lady, the k story. Congratulations. Let's go to Meagan here, Good morning.
Speaker 8: Good morning, how are you.
Speaker 4: I'm good. So you want to be in Grouse and Musical.
Speaker 8: I would die to be in Grouse and Musical.
Speaker 4: You don't need to die.
Speaker 2: You do not need to listeners will be killed in the making of gross as.
Speaker 5: We did that barbecue fire.
Speaker 2: Going from yesterday's suggestions, So you want to be a pink lady, I would love.
Speaker 8: To be a pink lady. That's what I used to call me last year because I had pink hair. I still always dress in pink. I've never had a speaking part or being in a play. I used to be really shy, so I never really spoke in kinder I had. They did the Nativity of play and I was the star that showed the way to the wise man or something, so all I did is point.
Speaker 4: I still photos.
Speaker 2: My youngest daughter was a star once, and a very moody little star, and at one point she started to actually nod off. I got all these photos of this angry sort of moon face in the middle of that star, just glaring at me.
Speaker 4: Laughing behind my go going this is amazing.
Speaker 2: So yeah, do you know what, mag It's interesting because not everyone sort of develops at the same time, and someone's taking I was actually really shy. It's not being able to believe. I was very shy of the kid. So it takes us different time to sort of unfold into who we are in the world, doesn't.
Speaker 8: It desinitely and already made up for it. Now, I don't shut up now, Brilli.
Speaker 2: Well then you would have a speaking part. You'll be in the play. You're a pink lady. Keep that pink hair. We need that. In under three weeks time, you're in Megan, well done you, Natasha, Good morning, Good morning to Natasha. You're joining our gang. You're going to be in Grouse the Musical.
Speaker 6: I would love to be a part of the show.
Speaker 8: Christian.
Speaker 4: Now have you got any point on do you want to be Sandy pink lady? What would you love?
Speaker 6: I would really love to play ruzzo.
Speaker 4: Actually rizzo. Yeah, it's yours, your rizzo.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: There's so much more fun. You take out the auditions.
Speaker 2: You don't need to say no, you have whatever you want. Take what you want, Natasha, you're hired. Now I have a note to some of that. These all great, right, but this is four on the trot of women that want to be part of guys. Where are you? You don't need to sing? We're saying there's no auditions. It's you don't need talent. You just need to want to be part of Grousey Musical. Guys, we really need Danny's. We have no it's a Danny Loss show at the moment. Forget about the no auditions and no talent. This is a Danny Lous Grousey musical. We need Danny's.
Speaker 4: Guys. Where are you kids?
Speaker 2: If you're on the school run and dad's driving today, get him to give us a call.
Speaker 4: Dads don't sit on the sideline. Come on, Danny up.
Speaker 1: The Christian No Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So another three weeks time, Curns will come up on our high school musical that we're being on for. It's a do over for us that failed the school audition, or maybe you who never even went for it. We're doing our very own version of Greece. Send the eighties here in Australia.
Speaker 4: It's not Greece.
Speaker 2: It's Grouse the musical. No auditions given me part of it. Pick your own character, go for it. Nine four one four one o four three. So far, lots of women calling in. Want to be Sandy, want to be one of the pink ladies, want to be Rizzo saying where are the guys? We are going to have a Danny Loss performance in three weeks time? Where are you guys. They have responded the man dragons have to sell them.
Speaker 4: Eric, how you doing this?
Speaker 2: Is this spirit exactly a dragon, an old knacker dragon with a dodgy wing.
Speaker 9: There's no drags in this one.
Speaker 2: There is a spirit stilling you. Now, Eric, you want to be in Grouse the musical?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 4: Do you want to be a Danny or I'd.
Speaker 9: Love to be a Danny and sing? Wow?
Speaker 4: We all right? I like it?
Speaker 2: Eric, Ever any experience before I singing or just doing karaoke?
Speaker 4: Singing in the car?
Speaker 9: I've done karaoke. But the redemption comes from primary school. Because my I think this must have been grade for a teacher. We were having choir practice and she was walking around listening and she came up to me, put a hand on my shoulder and said, you've got a voice like a tin of rusty nails. Just mime, Oh.
Speaker 2: Sheches something else of the day't they? How many of us have got deep emotional works? Well, so many psychos.
Speaker 9: At the time, I thought it was a compliment.
Speaker 5: Wow wow, I mean, Jimmy Pants is going to voice like a very good career out of it.
Speaker 2: Well, Rusty Nels, you're in our show. Okay, you are Danny, Danny number one.
Speaker 4: You hired? All right, Jeers, thank you, Dan, Good morning.
Speaker 7: Hey Christian, I think I found my calling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, great, So you want to be Danny Zuko?
Speaker 7: Dan, Yeah, I'm ready to be actually Daniel, who's going to be Danny's slightly nerdier cousin who first fell in love with Sandy but then she left him a bad boy.
Speaker 2: Asking for storyline, my friend, this is what happens when the damn bursts.
Speaker 4: Look here he start going, developing a.
Speaker 2: Character in an origin story, in a whole universe.
Speaker 5: If I missed Daniel from the movie, but I didn't.
Speaker 4: I like it though. All ideas are welcome at the moment. But yes, we'll have you on board.
Speaker 7: Dan done.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to thank you very much for colling me part of it.
Speaker 6: Simon, Goodrning, Good morning, Christian and Patsy and Jack. How are you guys?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Simon, So you do want to do you want to be on me? Is called Grouse the musical?
Speaker 6: Yes I do. I'm happy to put my hand up and yeah, if it's okay, I wouldn't mind being Kiniki in the Tea Birds.
Speaker 4: What great character? Now? Why can I well?
Speaker 6: I always really the story goes back a while because I used to watch Greece with my sister growing up a lot. I'm talking like, you know, once a week we used to sit down and watch it. It was just our favorite thing to sit down and watch on the old Chess video and just absolutely love the movie. And my sister was Rizzo in a school production of Greece when she was in secondary school and I remember but that like it's yesterday, and so we always used to talk about Grace a lot and knew all the songs off by heart. And unfortunately she passed away a couple of years ago from cancer.
Speaker 4: IM sorry to hear about that, Simon.
Speaker 6: That's thanks mate. Yeah. So basically, when I listened to your show every morning with my kids, and when I heard this, I just thought, what a great idea, And it'd be a bit of a nod of the head to my sister to be honest, to come along and get involved and have a bit of fun. So and I always love I've just loved Kinnicki's character always so water blast and got on the phone and I'm sure my sister would be just laughing at her head off if she knew I was doing this.
Speaker 4: So what a beautiful story.
Speaker 2: First of all, thank you very much for sharing it with us and trusting us with it. So and something, but I think that's a beautiful way to keep the those lovely memories of you and your sister by doing this. Yeah, I'm sure she'd be there chearing you one on the night actually, So.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think that's probably right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you are definitely You're the one and only Kinicky for us. There will be no other Kiniki's. It's your part. It's our privilege to get you on board.
Speaker 4: Simon.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's a really nice Christian.
Speaker 4: Thank you a pleasure.
Speaker 2: Look forward to seeing you very soon. Kinicky, you hired. Well done, Simon, thank you all right.
Speaker 6: Thanks a lot.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's Show podcast