Speaker 1: Question. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast nandos.
Speaker 2: Again, you're their box that sits on the nightstand.
Speaker 3: Be careful with love sometimes you want that love.
Speaker 1: Bite The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three, Hey.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Christian O'Connell's show, Thursday Morning Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Good morning Jack, Good morning coome Onring Patsy Morning.
Speaker 4: Last night was my daughter's year twelve school production. It was not school play what we saw. It was a proper school production of Matilda. It was amazing. They all did really well. There's only a couple of little whoever, which are the kids they'd shove to do the lighting cues. Some of them lit in the second half then where they dozed off, gone home eating snacks.
Speaker 3: I don't know what they were doing.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you who those kids are. They're the ones who tried out for the play didn't get a role. So they're like, you know, what is just as important you can go off in the lighting box. So they're probably spikedful with anything.
Speaker 4: I remember at university one of my housemates were did the lighting until he got sacked midway through one show. Once when Bill Hicks came to our university, right and he was still the light in front. But this guy, like lat of students, he was a massive stoner and he got even more stone because Bill Hicks was coming. I think I don't know if he thought Bill would like maybe the stone to lighting guy. I remember Bill Hicks went berserk because stand up, it's just a very simple light.
Speaker 3: It's a spotlight.
Speaker 4: It's not like reds and greens, those overlays they have to do and it changes. It's just follow the guy and just trying be one foot ahead of wile he moves with that giant lega spotlight.
Speaker 2: And Bill Hicks even sat down a lot of the times. But literally just lock it off.
Speaker 3: Was Chris Rock. He wasn't legging it back and forth.
Speaker 4: He was moving around, leaning into the stand and he was yelling at the lighting guy.
Speaker 3: And then suddenly there was a different lighting.
Speaker 5: Go.
Speaker 3: It just got sacked mid job. Patsy, what's going on with you?
Speaker 6: Oh Jesus was cold last night, really really cold. We turned the heater on for the fifth time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had it on yesterday.
Speaker 7: And there's no turning back once the heater is true. This season, the habits there the taste for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh my god, I've missed this. It's been an.
Speaker 4: Amazing It feels like a really long summer. You know, even into autumn has been quite mild. Have you have you gone on this week?
Speaker 2: We've had it on since the start of April, it was forming April. Yeah, but you have a baby. It's like an incubator in there. You've got to keep it at a perfect temperature all the time.
Speaker 4: But once you've got like a jumper, a T shirt on and a hat this morning, yeah, because you keep it at an.
Speaker 3: Eighteen degrees.
Speaker 2: And he's got a breeze.
Speaker 4: And why do you do it? Of the brings on you. It's pointing at you directly, and you won't.
Speaker 2: Keep your weight, you won't let anyone else touch the remote. I actually think it is pointed at me.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 4: To keep you nice and fresh. And we have a big show today. We've got some very exciting news. Towards the end of yesterday's show, I was in an email correspondence with the one and only sell of the century host not formal sellers. So I think once you're like a president, you'll always be a president. Some of the center is Tony Barber about whether or not he would accept our generous invitation. I've come in to host day Bingo night next week of bar Bingo. I can tell you the news yesterday when we ended the show was that he was up for it.
Speaker 3: He has stood up for it. Guys. It's happening next Thursday.
Speaker 4: Bar Bingo with Tony Barber is a thing, however, because it's going to be next Thursday night, and this was all literally was really happening real time before the end of yesterday's show. We don't have a venue, a binga machine, bulls. We don't have any of these key things.
Speaker 2: And one of Tony's requests was really written into the contract is I don't want anything to do with the administration.
Speaker 4: Provide the machine, the bulls, and the venue. We don't have any of that yet. We need to find a venue for next Thursday night for bar Bingo. But it is happening next Thursday night, Tony Barber, we'll be back, and we also.
Speaker 3: Don't have that's the other thing we need prizes. Yes, the fact all we have is tonyar.
Speaker 4: Let's hope this doesn't get back to him that we've actually we're just chances and amateurs, and we're going to try and throw it together in the next seven days with you guys.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show. Podcast One.
Speaker 4: They've noticed this week in the first hour of the show is quite a few people we've called. It's been really tired and obviously some people you're listening to a show because you're on your way to work.
Speaker 3: It's coming in this morning, and it really is.
Speaker 4: The city's really about. It's very busy, busy. It's like it's full on. Now it's sort of you know, sort of half past five in the morning. But anyway, this morning I had a lot to find out. Who is listening right now that is barely awake, Whether you've got a new baby.
Speaker 3: As opposed to one of those old babies.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you see people and they go, they've got one of the out blessed them. They got one of those old ones third hand off country or something, is it free cycle?
Speaker 3: Just on hard rubbish out the front. There just a little baby in a car seat. You know, I got one of those new oh new baby.
Speaker 4: Oh it's all freshy. Oh, it's like a new car smell to it. You go, whether you've got a new baby, or you been working all night?
Speaker 3: What are we doing?
Speaker 4: If you're honest, run out who is barely awake? You're up, but just you're faintly here with us today listening to the show. The eyes are doing that? How many anybody tied? You do that slow blink, don't you? It's not a rapid blink. Even your blink slows down. The other day we were talking to this guy, Jack called in another Jack and he's got sixteen week called even before he started talking about that.
Speaker 3: You just hit this guy is he's caught us six in the morning. It's a lot going on.
Speaker 8: My another, a sixteen week old boy, young tit don big air, was at work to oh yeah, I get her handballsy and fell over more high and then break.
Speaker 4: He deteriorated by that case that that could have been one am, couldn't it, you know, after a load of drinks.
Speaker 8: My another a sixteen week old boy, Oh yeah, I get her much your handballsy and fell over more high and then break.
Speaker 3: Also Georgia called yesterday in a rocking chip pumping breast milks from it. That's what you need to get your wife.
Speaker 6: Get a rocking chair, by the way, haven't you got a feeding chair.
Speaker 3: I got Sarah like a feeding chair. It's like a rocking chair with a footstool into it.
Speaker 2: Really God, I always think of rocking chairs as something old people have on the veranda.
Speaker 4: Oh no, you'll you'll reach a certain point in your life where you start to look at all that comfort that the old people had to think.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 2: Why was I discriminating because they've actually got to work.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with comfort?
Speaker 4: There's the pre comfort years where you didn't mind being uncomfortable in the clothing choices you made, lifestyle choices in reach is own.
Speaker 3: Point when I'm want a bit more comfort. Actually, I understand there's old timers.
Speaker 1: They have the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Late Laser Bartie. It's the home on the show of all your brilliant emails. If you're ever too busy to give us a call, you can't be bother you don't fancy it, you can email the show whenever you want. Nothing we talk about on the show has ever left completely dead or behind.
Speaker 3: You can pick it up whenever you want.
Speaker 4: Belinda listened to the show this week was at work. We're talking about family secrets this week after when I was back in the UK coutle weeks go over Easter. I found out something about my dad that I never knew. That he trained to be a priest for five and a half months and the reason was only shortly five nlf months. Is he quick when he found out he couldn't have a girlfriend, which says I by my dad that he didn't.
Speaker 3: Actually wasn't aware of that. Like the rest of the world. You all knew. Oh you know, if you do that, there's none it.
Speaker 4: Well I'm not supposed to, but don't stop them. But there's check the t disease. There's none of that. Oh, you'll be in with human resources.
Speaker 2: But you need to be thankful. There would be no Christian O'Connell if your dad didn't leave that vocation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he decided to call me a Christian. He was still trying to keep and not towards it. So I couldn't do that. But I've my son just as an offering to you an insurance policy. All right.
Speaker 4: So this email comes from Belinda listen to show this week talking about family secrets. My family secret was that my great grandmother was buried with a different name.
Speaker 3: Oh why would that be? We found this on a death certificate that she was AKA. I don't think it would have said AKA, I.
Speaker 4: Want mine to be on there, I want mine to have an aka to create intrigue around my.
Speaker 2: Dead Christian O'Connell aka the tan Man?
Speaker 3: What he was? Also? Was he really Christian? Or was he just tang man?
Speaker 4: And he walked around us that she was aka Hattie Maxwell. Then there's do do do do dot on the female brackets nothing like her real name.
Speaker 3: Uh. We were still left wondering why she didn't use her real name.
Speaker 2: He instantly thinks it was something like a spy.
Speaker 3: I didn't think of that. Perhaps, do you think a spie?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: I didn't. I just thought maybe she just didn't like her name. Yeah, maybe it was Doris.
Speaker 4: And spies are always known as an aka. Don't you aka a spy?
Speaker 3: Dun dun Dan? Christian can Batsy Hallo from Pacemaker Andrea Patsy came out yesday with some how her dad has been fitted with the pacemaker? How's he getting on with it?
Speaker 6: Doing really well? He's home? Did you find out them yesterday?
Speaker 2: Did he find out what the black box was?
Speaker 6: Mums, mums right across at check?
Speaker 3: Yes, don't hear any information coming from you.
Speaker 6: I've got no idea, but mum.
Speaker 3: This is your drop as the torter. They're not going with Wi Fi. Let alone mysterious black box that's connected.
Speaker 6: I will get listeners.
Speaker 4: Boots it and it's making a funny noise. There's a blinking green light that's gone purple. I hate those modo machines about once a month ago going tap it, bang.
Speaker 3: It or unplug it.
Speaker 4: Why does it need this little light umbilical taken out the back for a minute sometimes And I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, but I've been made the biggest mistake. Howss in the roof? So every time I have to go and would you do that? Because I thought it would be out of the way, and the WiFi just permeates through the home every time I have to do the plug in plug out tom.
Speaker 3: Much to my wife's annoying. It's right in the middle of sort where we eat.
Speaker 4: And I lied to my wife, right, I just cod we bother to find somewhere this creature. I just said. The guy said that if you don't put it there, none of us can get a wife find the house. Oh well, we don't want.
Speaker 2: That is hideous.
Speaker 4: Whenever friends come around that or you see is that ugly box that old snaky lead and it looks horrible. Anyway, Hello from pacemaker Andre, so glad your dad is on the men, Patsy, Gizmo, my pacemakers just turned three and here is the monitor that does look like amodem. She sent us a photo that is like a modem with allayse little blinking lights and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: This is amazing, Patsy. This might bring you some reassurance you when your journey. Mum.
Speaker 4: This allows me the monitor to only see my cardiologist once a year instead of every three months at three am every morning. Gizmo, by the way, that's the transmitter because you're still trying to keep up here, transmits data to the home monitoring unit. It will flag anything more overnight and then they call you during the day checking in see if you need to come in. Andrew, it sounds like a product recall. We're recalling all Andrews are being urgent.
Speaker 1: Recall Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: So later on this morning we will be acquiring your help. We're going to be doing this bingo next week. It is going to be Thursday Night, hosted by Tony Barba, Yeah, Tony Mama from saying the century something like as he's still around, we've resurrected him.
Speaker 2: He was, he was already directing.
Speaker 4: He was already erected. He did not need resurrecting. Okay, we need a bingo machine. We need the balls, we need the cards.
Speaker 3: The cards.
Speaker 4: And also the kind of prizes that they gave away on Sale of the Century, the Doming those all those game shows. There were certain kind of prizes that were speedboats, caravans and jet skis were the thing back in the day.
Speaker 2: Always had a jim the yea.
Speaker 4: The studio auns would go, oh and star prize it will always be. You could be driving away where they point out, the guy would point, the host would point to a caravan.
Speaker 3: All the lights would go on and off, like.
Speaker 4: Nook the whole jet skis caravan, We're so easily.
Speaker 3: Those are big things back in the days. Aspirational price.
Speaker 2: I wonder if you won a showcase on any of those shows, the Century prices, right, if you kept everything because you won the holiday, you won the jet ski, you won the caravan, you won the car to sell some of it, or but then.
Speaker 3: How did you sell it?
Speaker 4: Like Now people that win prices they go straight on eBay and their cellar aren't. There's there's online marketplaces. What would you do back then if you had a like a motor home and r vspaper, that's what you do. That's right, Jimber those three by one, those little box adverts and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Jackie boy, how's your week gone with little baby Gordon? How was last night?
Speaker 2: First of all, last night was better than the night before. I tell you what is hard at the moment. The two things about eating with babies nothing. Your meals are never on time or on schedule, and you eat so many meals cold. The amount of meals you eat cold because he's just interrupted, like cooking lunch, cooking dinner, so you look after him. Then half an hour later you come back and you eat your cold potatoes. Yesterday were it wasn't three o'clock until we ate lunch, so we took him to Oh.
Speaker 3: My god, some movie once or twelve years of sleep. Oh guy, I'm just I'm just gonna take a knee. Guys, did you say three o'clock? This guy sorry, I'm going to actually rephrase that. This hero't three o'clock.
Speaker 2: Two o'clock. I'm starving. I'm starving. Let me finished half. We had to take him to an appointment in a suburb we've never been before, driving there, and how did.
Speaker 4: You navigate your way there in that Tesler car that were more or less pre brilliant drive.
Speaker 3: Fits ancient mariner. You know you got to use your sex.
Speaker 2: The map show anything.
Speaker 3: Said, So anyway, where was the suburb at the end of the world.
Speaker 2: We took him. We took him there, took him to the appointment. He's all well, and then it's almost three o'clock as the time I come out clock strove. We see a Japanese restaurant that's open, So we go in there and we say, oh, we are lost travelers in the New World. She felt like that, like a weary traveler stepping into a bar and saying, miss three and one. It was it was quarter to three, and they said, oh no, we close at three o'clock. You can't eat here, so please we'll eat. You can't believe how fast we'll eat. We'll eat it in time. We will be out of here in three.
Speaker 3: When I first moved, I can't believe that like restaurants that would shut in the middle of the.
Speaker 2: So they do lunch, then they shut and then they come back again for dinner.
Speaker 3: Don't understand that you can't have that.
Speaker 2: What do they do for those two hours in Spain?
Speaker 3: Anyway? So what did they say?
Speaker 2: So they said, okay, so you have never seen two people eat me.
Speaker 3: So don't tell me. They said, you've got to eat by three.
Speaker 2: They said you have to Yeah, we close three. Oh so so tight we down now, miso soup and our sissu platter in record time, record time, world record.
Speaker 3: But it's not like you're chocking up a big roast, is it. You know? That's so putting this soup.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 4: I wanted to get your phone out and just have a look at the text that top one whatever it is that the top of your kind of text inbox, have a look at it, and then forward it on to me. Give you the number and a couple of seconds. Do not explain what is going on there. We're going to try and work out. It's like a snapshot of our lives. Really is that our phones are everything? So I just wanted to send them to us. The text that is at the top of your phone right now, it's faded onto me. Oh four seven five three one oh four three O four seven five O three one oh four three.
Speaker 3: Why don't you put that?
Speaker 4: Put Christian text number on there as well, so you've got my context. You don't need to get a hold of me. You're faffing around with it. Oh four seventy five O three one oh four three.
Speaker 3: For me, this is every flipping day. Number one thing I hear from my wife is some sort of a date's got to go in the calendar? Can you?
Speaker 4: This one is can you put the fourth of June in? I can't If I say it in the calendar, I don't want to do it? Can you put the dready? One is like what a takeaway? Do we fancy tonight? And what it for dinner?
Speaker 3: Tonight? Is a endless stream.
Speaker 4: Of questions between my wife and ilon text. So today that yesterday's one, yes even was about can you put in your diary June the fourth? We're all going on the queue train. Do you know you guys everything on this que train.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 7: That's a steam train that goes between lenders Cliff. When we stayed in Queens Cliff ivery starts lovely, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: Every hour it was giving Chris the rots. He goes if I hear that, damn one more time.
Speaker 2: Thought you were going to say you rode it every hour? Chris couldn't get enough of it.
Speaker 4: And again please sent me shove on the coal in the front like a kid with the birthday treats. So it's an old train, isn't it all right?
Speaker 3: There's a restaurant on board.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I do lots of stuff.
Speaker 7: They do jazz, I think on some Sundays and all sorts of things. Thomas the tank engine across the summer holidays.
Speaker 6: It's brilliant.
Speaker 4: Oh fantastic, we're doing that. That's about that's going in the June and fourth. That's date to look forward to. Jazz on the train. Can't escape the jasculates.
Speaker 3: They just called you. Are you even going in the toilet? There's a gouver slide tron Bram Jackie boy, what's he at? The texta's on top of your phone? All right?
Speaker 2: My last one is out going? So I've sent this. How old is he? Three exploration marks? He was a baby the other day.
Speaker 4: Have a guess someone who's twenty one?
Speaker 2: It's Hamish Blake's suns, Sonny Howl? Does he know he must be like? He looks like ten?
Speaker 6: The last time I saw I don't even know closest friends.
Speaker 3: What are your closest friends? Right? How old is he now? He looks like he must be ten.
Speaker 2: Harish and his family live in Sydney.
Speaker 4: Now there you knowing them?
Speaker 3: About fifteen years those boys.
Speaker 2: I honestly, the last time I saw him, I reckon he could hardly walk. It felt like he was proud of it.
Speaker 4: The first time you introduced me to Sonny, we're in cheeky monkey. That was about four years ago. He was walking then he was like four.
Speaker 2: Now he looks like a proper grown up kids. I couldn't believe how old is he? And Harris never wrote back, So I don't know.
Speaker 3: You know why? That says stinking flake? Who?
Speaker 4: Actually the question is, seriously, how old is he? I've got no idea how old is he now?
Speaker 3: No one asked that? Who is a close friend? You should know?
Speaker 4: If you google it you'll probably probably get the answers on Wikipedia. You couldn't even rather do that, Patsy, what's the Texas on till be your phone?
Speaker 3: Mine?
Speaker 6: Says it's hanging on the laundry door.
Speaker 7: Audrey has school photos today, so I said to Chris last night, make sure you put a fresh shirt on her.
Speaker 6: And he's texted me going to do one with like sort of you know.
Speaker 3: Bad stains or something.
Speaker 5: Not that.
Speaker 3: Again you have blood down it last year.
Speaker 9: I say one time, gravy candar.
Speaker 3: No gravy shirt.
Speaker 7: Times with girls, especially because they're not kicking footies so much like boys in the mud, you.
Speaker 6: Can get a couple of days out of a shirt. So I said to her.
Speaker 7: She had a fresh one yesterday, but I said, please make sure she has a fresh one again today.
Speaker 6: For the photo.
Speaker 4: These school photos I didn't want to arrived last week and I caught my daughter and put them in the beer. I was like, that's got my name on it. It's the school photos.
Speaker 3: That's how.
Speaker 4: Oh no, yeah, that's how it should always be. School photos aren't selfies. Okay, hand them here. They were beautiful, but the technoonogy's still the same. It's that strange sort of sky blue backdrop, just range the color out of any healthy looking, vibrant kid, all adult. You ever see any posters around town, No one is in front of that awful sky blue backdrop and entraine your life force off from them.
Speaker 2: They cost a pretty penny.
Speaker 3: Cost a pretty penny. These days they's all have ten bob and six.
Speaker 4: I think they are really really, really really expensive. Honestly, it's as like a top notch photographer and for what is stand there, click.
Speaker 7: Go, and it's all the same sort of stances. I'd love like a full length shot of her in a uniform, but it's always just like sitting there on the angle with aadgut.
Speaker 3: You want to say that clean shirt that I'm working to as I said lowers, So there's these grease stains down. I tell you mom about this before ber.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian Know Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you want to it's the world going crazy. I'll just look at the footage from Dave Chappelle been attacked on stage yesterday at a big gig that Netflix were doing promoting all the comedian spanishals that they have. So theres what Lineupennywork the Hollywood Bowl, Dave how Chris Rock, Bill Burr and loads of others. But someone literally launched himselves, ran on stage, ran across a massive stage at speed, armed with summing and threw himself at Daves Chappelle.
Speaker 2: And he just sort of tried to spear tackle him because he actually keeps his feet up.
Speaker 4: Dana White should sign him up for the UFC. Him and him and Rock they can take their shots up there. What is that people are now attacking comedies on stage?
Speaker 2: And he's that true that he came back, so they closed the gig and then he came bit so.
Speaker 4: Uh, security guards ran on stage. You can see them chasing the guy around. And then also one of the people was watching from the whims and I'll see a friend of the great Dave Chappelle's was Jamie Fox, an amazing actor who was wearing for some reason, a sheriff's hat. He's not actually a sheriff, but he also you know, when.
Speaker 3: Hollywood's is crazy. We've seen the last couple of weeks of the.
Speaker 4: Oscars, it's and then now there's Jamie Fox wearing a sheriff's hat with actual security guards like he's the boss of them, running around on stage trying to get a shoeing or a punching on the ghost just attacked his mate.
Speaker 3: It's children, but they're adults.
Speaker 2: Nothing surprises us. Say any more about Hollywood.
Speaker 3: Then Chris Rock comes on stage. Ago was that Will Smith? All right?
Speaker 4: Right now that we've been asking you to send us the first message that's on the top of your phone, whether it's one that you've sent somebody or one that's come in to you, no explanation to send it onto me on oh four seven five O three one oh four three oh four seven five O three one oh four three. All right, let's go through these. I love this one that came in a little bit too late.
Speaker 3: Hi, I heard on the rail of this morning. You're searching for Tony Barber. I'm his agent today, my friend, I've gone mano mano direct. No cup for you, mister agent, are you? There was that much work out there, all right?
Speaker 4: So many sext messages coming in there, no explanation, and we're trying to work out.
Speaker 3: What's going on in your life. It's bib Thursday.
Speaker 4: Sounds like I'm back at your house for Aldy school photo today.
Speaker 2: No stains on the top whatsoever? Where your bibs? Everybody is bib Thursday.
Speaker 4: Bibis are things you should have to do in school sports sometimes bibs versus or I don't think they do this now, but sometimes we had a teacher.
Speaker 3: Yeah that pea teacher left off for a turn.
Speaker 4: That is not happening now, skinners, and you know when it is very different time.
Speaker 3: No one said, wait, why but there's bibbs there, sir? Why are hiding them behind your back? No?
Speaker 4: I forgot to read the bin today, just showing your skins?
Speaker 3: When did they when do you reckon? It was the year where they were like, you're coming doing that anymore? I no more skins anyway.
Speaker 4: Bib Thursday, guys, is bib Thursday Meeker sleeping with me in the back room in case you can't find her in the morning.
Speaker 3: That's a pet or baby.
Speaker 2: And you know what that sounds like. Actually that's probably two partners who have a baby and one they have that spare room to go and sleep in the sanctuary that's what we call.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the panic room. It's a nice name. I've only heard it once before. There was a character on Neighbors a couple of years ago who had that name. I'm now just but to know that the people talking about a baby that's been named and it's an unusual name, but is it toadfish?
Speaker 3: Do you think someone's called the kid to oatfish. Can't roll out some Queenslander toadfish.
Speaker 6: Oh, missus Mengele, Yes.
Speaker 4: Uh, this is one a Thursday message. I reckon this has come in this morning. Tomorrow we're going to get slammed.
Speaker 3: That is guys, guys, guys, isn't it. I'm willing to guess that's guys. Guys guys.
Speaker 4: Uh, you're welcome, Jenny and it's double bunny.
Speaker 6: Oh what does that mean?
Speaker 2: Is it some kind of secret code or are there actually two rabbits?
Speaker 3: No, I reckon, there's something going on. This code for something. And then this is guy here.
Speaker 4: We've been talking earlier about pacemakers, Patsy Stancer handle fitted. This week, Christian, you said that there's a monitor that feeds information once a day. I want to know that if you call the help desk and there's a technical problem, do they ask you to turn the pacemaker on and off again to see if it fixes the problem? Actually, I think they bring you in. They do actually open you up to have a quick look at it, give it a little bang on a table.
Speaker 1: And put it back in The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: At the moment, we're slipping through your phone messages. Whatever the phone messages that's at the top of your inbox. Send it over to me on four seven five three one oh four three. That's our text number on the show four seven five three one oh four three. No explanation, Just forward on the text message that's on the top of your phone, whether you sent it to somebody or it came into you.
Speaker 3: Let's get back into them.
Speaker 4: This is all in block capitals, So someone, this is when it's it's always like exclamatory, isn't it when it's all in block capitals.
Speaker 3: Can you believe Nando's has a no cash policy? Now? Dot dot dot question mark?
Speaker 4: Well, quite a few places have a no cash see now is this kind of COVID thing? Or I guess it isn't really handling that dirty old cash.
Speaker 7: I didn't think you could refuse cash. It's a form of payment.
Speaker 3: Like I's woken up, going down. There's a play for that, Piery Pierry Chicken in a pitcher. I love Ernandos.
Speaker 4: I'm at DC eight ten to eight point fifty. If you want to say hello, that is someone who ryans a very tight schedule.
Speaker 3: What is DC code.
Speaker 2: For Washington d c strange texta scene.
Speaker 4: Just don't have that kind of business going on. Come on, Hidal, don't call a text. I'm in the car with the Ferrels. We know Ferrells is under twelve teenagers?
Speaker 3: Is that you just say the teens? Or sort of that?
Speaker 4: Ferrels? Is that seven eight nine peak ferrell isn't it? We're all especially we were all Ferruls, former ferals and slightly ferals still now. To be honest, if my wife is away for a day or two, I will go feral again.
Speaker 2: And if you get in the car with a car load of guys at any age.
Speaker 3: It goes fer so Yes, I love this one.
Speaker 4: Hey, d don't don't even call them text, don't even speak to me when this in the car with the Ferrls going to Costco.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's even worse. You're going to cost Co and peak traffic.
Speaker 4: Uh. It's it's finished, but it's making noises like it's on brackets, weird but no smell, So I've turned it off.
Speaker 2: Washing machine could be any household appliants because our dishwasher steal beeps like it finishes.
Speaker 3: And then you're so needy, aren't they?
Speaker 4: All the beats and sirens going on with the washing machine or washing machine when it's finish, has got this irritating buzzer is that.
Speaker 2: I like to keep them in there. I like to dishes in there. You wash me.
Speaker 3: It's all right.
Speaker 4: There's no time limit on this Christian podcast. After ateing it this morning, we're getting into it. Tony Barber deep dive into the world of Tony Barber. Yep, that's right him from said of the Century. You could be hanging out and playing bingo and winning prizes with Tony Barber and us next Thursday night.
Speaker 3: It's all happened in the last twenty four hours. We will need a binga machine.
Speaker 4: After eight o'clock we'll get into all of that color quick emails. This comes from Julie Christian yesterday. I left it two later. Call in you were doing the weakest cint of fame. I've got a great one now. My hairdressers partner's brother, so Judy's hairdresser right.
Speaker 3: Partner brother.
Speaker 2: That we've got the tree.
Speaker 3: The lead guitarists, Robbie Williams gig over the weekend.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 3: You go back back down to your head. Really very impressive. Christian.
Speaker 4: I'm late to the party. I'm twenty eight and I've owned a top loader. We move on, but you can never move on.
Speaker 3: They keep catching up with me.
Speaker 4: I've own a top loader washing machine since I was twenty five. The exact thing that happened to Jack also happened to me. My front loader broke and they're a pair. Man told me I must must buy a top loader. He was so passionate that he prepared a two page typed essay of all the reasons why and recommended brands. That is amazing, Thank you very much, Eminy.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast, Is This Way?
Speaker 4: Is Is this Way? Eyes off the TV? Come on, we need to get that TV off. It's too near your shoulder. It's a TV in his studio and it's like a dog with a chew toy. He's looking at that. Are you looking at that pop school video?
Speaker 3: That's gone? Saw the headliner? He's gone, He's gone. He's gone viral. Al right.
Speaker 4: Back of the radio show gold when I four point three Christian O'Connell show twenty to eight yesterday, we're doing eighties of the nineties. This week it's all about the letter Jade. Now for the one second winner. So therese are all one second clips of songs from the nineties to do with the letter jay, and that's the song title all the artist? All right, you're ready to play?
Speaker 3: Ready? Pats? Are you ready? Yep?
Speaker 4: Jackie ready back in the room, Pats are you ready? Back off news? Yes, I am yeah, host ready?
Speaker 6: Who is Jimmy Raqui? But what's the name of it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Something girl? She's just a.
Speaker 2: Girl?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, she's just a bachelor girl. The title just a bachelor.
Speaker 6: Sexy girl? Nineties girl.
Speaker 3: What are we doing now? Brainstorming?
Speaker 4: And you here quite needs one still?
Speaker 3: You know, Patsy well known.
Speaker 4: So it felt like Patsy they had read the inside of the liddle of the box. I've checked you now owe me a point because so it says here on the inside of the where the rules are? Okay? Who is from the nineties to do with the letter J? Artist or song title?
Speaker 2: What if God was one of us?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Who could that be?
Speaker 3: That's the game I'm going to call it from now on. Another one second? Winn who could that be?
Speaker 2: I think that was a one hit wonder? I don't. I don't think we know call who sung it?
Speaker 1: This?
Speaker 3: Is relevant? Who sung it something something?
Speaker 2: Give us the initials, Jake, the game is.
Speaker 6: Jay, not Janet Jackson.
Speaker 2: No, it was someone we don't know.
Speaker 3: Joan Osbourne. Any more of these signs questions mister d J. Cower Age. All right, this one is very very possible staple part of this radio station.
Speaker 6: Okay, our lovers in the air and that's some John Michael.
Speaker 3: Potes he get a point to just like.
Speaker 4: Chicken also something and assist you need something to keep it going.
Speaker 3: He's looking at that TV and goa all right, who.
Speaker 6: This Jimmy Barnes, Can you play it again? Thy place?
Speaker 3: It's like this one second, isn't it? You know?
Speaker 6: Need that initial It's not river, river, run high whatever it is.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'll give you it's riverdeep, mountain. Mom.
Speaker 6: No, that's all right, give me it.
Speaker 3: Give me thirty t seconds of this because Jimmy, so we can see royalties. I'll play out of the end, guys, I'm run.
Speaker 4: All right, tim Wanre Togo? Who is this from the nineties?
Speaker 6: I can see clearly now and it was sung far j.
Speaker 3: No. I don't know at the end of land you'd have this, you'd look look out from this journey.
Speaker 4: Jimmy Cliff All right, Jackie Bye, I know you can get this. Okay, if you get this right, Patsy, all happen. I do not back to the instruction. It's the fairest way of doing it. You lose everything. If he gets this right, John.
Speaker 7: Fanham, that's freedom, pats He goes to kill in this game every single week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I know. I thought you were. It's a white wash.
Speaker 4: It's a whitewash about see well done.
Speaker 3: You are the raining champ on the One Second Winner.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Jack has a folded at arms.
Speaker 4: I think he's aware that what we were going to be going to here isn't what we are going to here.
Speaker 3: You never know who's listening to the show. I tell you what it is. This is, this is.
Speaker 2: I just don't like the grin on your face like you're holding double aces.
Speaker 3: I'm holding triple aces. Okay. You never know who's listening to your shot. You never know who's listening to the show. You know, the other day we were talking about who are you? What do you do in your school play? Yes? Can you even more what you said?
Speaker 2: I was the guitarist in how the West was Warped, a play that I don't think has been on the West End or Broadway was written by one of the teachers at the school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I asked you about who was the who was the drama teacher?
Speaker 2: Yes, missus Heathcott.
Speaker 4: Do you recognize this voice? Mystery guest online one? Would you please say hello to Jack?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 5: Jack? Do you know who this is? I? Miss They don't have to call me miss now, though you can call me Jenny Jenny.
Speaker 2: I actually couldn't even remember missus Heathcott's first name.
Speaker 3: Teachers never had first names.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Missus Heathcott texted the show she happens to listen to the show, and a daughter daughter heard you mentioning her, mum, Jenny.
Speaker 2: Well, miss heathcert It was a great play and I had a great time during drama in my high school years.
Speaker 5: Awesome. But you have a really bad memory, Jack.
Speaker 2: Why is that?
Speaker 5: Because the sets were actually created by some parents who worked in the industry. Don't you remember our amazing stage coach and our salon. Now, the students did some of the work that the main sets.
Speaker 3: Doesn't remember.
Speaker 4: Key people on the show, even my name don't have to introduce myself to before the start of every show.
Speaker 5: I don't remember it was also, sorry, go on, I.
Speaker 2: Can't quite remember the details of the sets. You remember as the guitarist in the band, I was sitting behind all the artwork in the.
Speaker 3: Sets, so I know you were.
Speaker 5: But your second show you were on stage.
Speaker 3: Oh was he what in the band?
Speaker 2: Remind me?
Speaker 5: Yes, it was back to the eighties. They're totally awesome musical.
Speaker 2: Because how can I forget back to the eighties?
Speaker 5: I of the Tiger. Yeah, you played that incessantly all the time.
Speaker 3: This is amazing when you love to get these days all filled.
Speaker 5: And that.
Speaker 2: Wasn't a very good I'm not a very good guitarist now. I hate to think what I was at sixteen years old.
Speaker 5: Oh no, you were awesome, just like the musical. But yeah, so in that musical, the students did make the set flats and we did it very non naturalistic. But the band was on stage. They were front and center.
Speaker 3: That's a bit more exciting way to do, what I think.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was good. It was great to tell me this.
Speaker 3: You must be very proud of Jack and what he's gone on to do.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 5: You know, he was always destined for great things. He could never shut up.
Speaker 2: Time said that at the time. No, no teaching in my whole school year's episode.
Speaker 1: That I know that.
Speaker 4: The other day, Jenny, when we were talking about this, he actually said we were just talking about I said, was it drama teacher? And he actually said, we had a great drama teacher, missus Heathcott.
Speaker 5: So ah, that's lovely, thank you.
Speaker 3: I enjoy teaching its for greatness.
Speaker 2: Are he still at the school or you're not teaching there anymore?
Speaker 5: No, No, I'm a member of the principal team at Saint Helena Secondary College, so yeah, I moved on bigger and better things.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm currently on leave though, so sitting here nursing two knees that have just been replaced.
Speaker 3: So wow, we arnie there were two double titanium knies.
Speaker 5: Robot robo principal type spoke it in my way now.
Speaker 4: Jack was telling us about how all the production budget had gone on these sugar glass bottles that obviously we smashed over like in a bar and brawl in the West.
Speaker 5: Remember, yes, we did have a much bigger budget than that, but they were gold because the bottles were really hard to source. It me a long time to find someone who could make them, so they were like gold or I think plutonium, as Jack said, because I did order a couple more than we needed, but just in case. But yeah, I'm really hard to get so not all the budget went on that. No, we did get it, missus.
Speaker 2: You can't believe for teenage boys how tempting it is to take awa bottle and smash it over your friend's head so much.
Speaker 5: That's why they had a security guard on them, you know, armor.
Speaker 2: God, there was probably another student to be fair.
Speaker 5: Look, there was temptation for me too, and actually there was one left over and we smashed it as in my husband's head at his fiftieth birthday party. But don't let anyone else know about it.
Speaker 3: That is great.
Speaker 2: I really feel like I'm back at school again, like I should be polite and have my best manners on and you could give me.
Speaker 3: I've got to say this, you shut up for the first time in two hours in doing the show, because you come on every day to getting to be like this.
Speaker 5: Look I could, but yeah, you've got better things to do. But I wanted to say congratulations Jack on the birth of Gordon. Thank you so lovely, man, that's great. I keep in contact with a lot of my ex students through social.
Speaker 3: Media and favorite ones. The favorites we get the subtext here must have been embarrassing to actually hear from us.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard from you since the day I left school.
Speaker 3: Better just to hear him on the radio.
Speaker 2: Sorry back, no good to speak to you, and all the best with you.
Speaker 5: I love you and thank you with your radio career and parenting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we're still waiting for the destined for greatness. But you know, when he gets there, we'll call you back.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, good luck with the recovery.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Bye.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Good Morning, Joe's just Emails, Christian, I heard that amazing Elanas Morrissette isolated vocal you played yesterday. Just wondering where you find them all. I buy them from a man at the market. It's only ever there once a month, and I have to go around the back. They're a secret. It was I chronicle so Narnia Journey to find them and then I bring them back.
Speaker 3: For you guys. All right, So the other day Jack came in. He was saying, I really need some help.
Speaker 4: I need songs that will soothe a crying baby, because if you've been in that situation and you're trying to get them just to soothe or use anything any means you.
Speaker 2: Suppose, especially in the car, because when you're in the car and you can't get back over to them.
Speaker 3: So you're trapped in a small space and that sound just hangs around you both.
Speaker 2: Yep, all you have is the radio. That's all you can use to try to soothe them. And so you need a song that can sue the baby.
Speaker 4: So jack Son Gordon heading to eight weeks at the end of this week, so two months almost two months to mine. Describe the tesla, because I've been in your car right, it is a maculate. It's like a laboratory in there.
Speaker 3: It is so pristine and clean. That is the tesla. What's it like now?
Speaker 2: Not anymore? Same same situation that's in the house now, clutter everywhere, clutter, clutter, birdcloths, soiled clothes in the footworld.
Speaker 3: And that's just your stuff, toys.
Speaker 2: Then we get into his stuff. The pram takes up a whole boot. It's just clutter everywhere, and the house is even worse than the car.
Speaker 3: Are you surprised now now that you have a son, just how much geared stuff for someone so small, so small, how much gear they have. They overtake your entire life with this, their their stuff.
Speaker 2: And it's lovely to get gifts from friends and family, but there's the amount coming into the house. Even people lovely listeners of the show and thank you for the gifts that you have sent in, But there's just like he's got enough blankets, he's got enough toys.
Speaker 4: Is it like a charity sort of warehouse right now where there's been a fundraise?
Speaker 2: It's like outside of the Selbos when people just stuff.
Speaker 4: Have you got like five wheelibes, board games and old wedding dresses and one old ski being dropped off?
Speaker 2: If we can't take any more donations at this point.
Speaker 4: So the other day we said, only call in if this is tried and tested, you can actually say this work for us, Yeah, I recommend it to you.
Speaker 3: So we had we had all kinds of different songs. Aren't the normal lullaby ones, like someone called in saying a c DC thunderstruck this big noisy song.
Speaker 4: But you never know what's going to if it's worked for this, but that dad, Maybe it worked for jack Son Gordon.
Speaker 3: Then this one no nomena, phenomena everyone from the eighties.
Speaker 4: Maybe Susanna Hoffs can soothe any young man, older man. The one that really surprised us was.
Speaker 10: This, I heard myself to the d I mean.
Speaker 3: That's how the dad feel.
Speaker 4: You look at the mirror and it looks like Johnny Cash is looking back at you.
Speaker 3: And then this was the real curve ball. If I were a rich man. Yeah, like I said, you're trying anything, all right. So jack went and rode tested these.
Speaker 2: I ran the experiments yesterday. It wasn't hard to run the experiment because it seems like he's crying all the time. So we were in the car yesterday. I had Bianca on DJ Judy's and she was playing each of the songs.
Speaker 3: Great, okay, let's go back to the car. Now the songs.
Speaker 2: The first one is at DC Thunderstruck Live from Germany.
Speaker 3: I don't know how they ever seized the babies. No, the next one, all right, let's go to the Muppets.
Speaker 2: The next one is Monomena from the Muppets. This is such a good song, Phenomena, But Gordon doesn't.
Speaker 3: Think so, oh bless, let's go to the eighties.
Speaker 2: The next one is Eternal Flame by the Bengals.
Speaker 3: Half there. He really didn't like the Bengals. He doesn't like it.
Speaker 2: Hurt by Johnny Cash. You like Johnny Cash. I'll take that as a name all right now. The last one Fiddler on the Roof If I were a rich man. Last try is if I were a rich man from Fiddler on the Roof the musical, If I were rich It's working. It's working, hon.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love it. Success Moms and dads, you try as well. Finder on the Roof.
Speaker 1: Top all the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian, I've got a live hack for your ugly Wi Fi box. I saw it on a lifestyle TV show. Measure the width and height of your Wi Fi unit. Say it's one hundred miles. Thank you for all this on a text, by the way, because that would have been spout something that one hundred miles by a hardcover book that is one hundred and twenty in more miles. Thick put out the pages, Slide it around the modem. It magically disappears. Looks like you have a learned book on your shelf, not a modem with.
Speaker 2: Why is coming up.
Speaker 4: That I'm like some sort of snobregeous bomb.
Speaker 3: That's my leather bound Encyclopedia Britannicas. Why the why is why?
Speaker 4: Please don't go near the Encyclopedia Britannicas. All right, so we're asking for your suggestions. Tried and tested? What songs tried and tested to sue? The crime Baby for new Dad Jackie Boy for his son Gordon. This comes from Sarah. I sent the Richmond Tiger's theme tune to my song worked like a charm.
Speaker 3: I haven't his form mid seventeen. Yeah, I don't know if that's still going to work on him now he's just angry now. This one would not work on me. The lullaby from Pan's Labyrinth from Amanda no terrifying. You're literally calling in the demons and spirits a Ouiji board.
Speaker 2: The boy stops crying because terrified.
Speaker 3: Stop that.
Speaker 4: Now this, I'd like someone to sing it to me every night. I might go on air to ask you later and off for someone. Twenty bars that would send me off night. I sing aid device to my son. It started when he was tiny. I'm still doing it now thirty nine.
Speaker 3: Try that that's got a lovely kind of soothing lilt.
Speaker 6: Who is that sound of music?
Speaker 3: Okay, guys about sound of music? Do you not like sound of music? Oh?
Speaker 6: It's guy's for a bit, doesn't it necessarily longer?
Speaker 2: Old movies?
Speaker 4: A lovely movie that, Oh, climb every mountain altogether.
Speaker 3: Now just me on that one.
Speaker 6: I'm sixteen going on seventeen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh, joshy boy, Okay, I'm good mate. It's gonna need Tor to turn the radio down. That's it, first time calling.
Speaker 2: There we go, there we go.
Speaker 4: Remember the basics, guys, always remember the basics. All right, Josh tried and tested what song worked for you?
Speaker 10: I have dari O G Sunshine. I'm telling you who go to songs to get his key to sleep straight away?
Speaker 3: Really so much energy there back to the nineties.
Speaker 10: Tune.
Speaker 4: I can't imagine in the air, but this worked as another by Josh.
Speaker 10: Yes, and when I goes, hey, I'm there's that man about it than this Thursday so much. She's currently bathing at the moment, and whenever it's been a last couple of hours, hold us chuck this on and she is straight out.
Speaker 4: Lights out, that's all she said, lights out. That's all right, Josh is the next one. Ja's going to add it to themics try where he would try and report back, Josh, thank you very much for klled him.
Speaker 3: I have a good day. Take me paid, go.
Speaker 4: Back, Let's go to this and by hey, Jenny, good morning. Jenny was trying and tested for you a song that worked to.
Speaker 3: Suit you, all right.
Speaker 11: The greatest American Hero, believe it or not. We were traveling in Ireland sixty years ago. He was three months old and we were in Belfast for a wedding and we had to get to Dublin in a week. We traveled, We picked after the wedding. We went no accommodation, no any anything anywhere along the way. Half half an hour before the destination. He would start crying, we would start seeing, he would stop.
Speaker 2: I want to hear the song. But firstly, did you travel for a week straight without any.
Speaker 4: I've been to Ireland many times. Hotels, be and bees.
Speaker 3: It isn't just farmland. No stop.
Speaker 11: We didn't book any accommodation along the way. We sort of just said we're going here, let's find a place.
Speaker 3: Got all right, And so back to American Hero and the lullaby this worked. What a tune? How could I not said last year we played this informed stand by your mout what a great song. That is a great tune. That is a great one, Jenny, thank you very much for trying that, No problem, try, thank you. Thank God we've got the long version of that and I hate to hear less.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Today's time Waster on Wild Dog Dates. You must have think these guys must spend hours brainstorming. You know what do we what needs it to be playing world dog date? There?
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 4: All right, So we're looking for your dog bands. Who is performing on stage at Muttfest? First band Metallica, Metallica Coachy, followed by are they come from the seventies?
Speaker 9: The Labradors, Silvers the rapper on stage now, I reckon it's this guy.
Speaker 3: That's right, it's Well I am ah the worming product. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Another dog band on stage now it's Chris Martin. He's been transformed into a dog, cold nose plate.
Speaker 3: He's got.
Speaker 2: Gold plus.
Speaker 3: Great British rock band now Deaf Shepherd Silver Australian artist was.
Speaker 4: His neighbors colly Mineux Gold Oh a big noisy band on stage now that's right, system.
Speaker 2: Of a down off that couch Gold.
Speaker 3: Jackie more, what have you got?
Speaker 4: Dog bands from Muttfest Rough Daddy, Oh, straining Bang Slam Dunk Gold.
Speaker 2: Nine inch tails, a very good yes gold, a triple j Ben next.
Speaker 3: For the dogs having bronze right now without even hearing it, bones and I yeah, that's good silver.
Speaker 2: And who's a good boy, George. Who's a good boy, George.
Speaker 3: I'll give you silver for the performance the material.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, Jackie boy, you're ready to mark.
Speaker 2: Let's do it the dog?
Speaker 3: All right, let's see what we got for your dog bands?
Speaker 4: Montley, Crue, Silva, what on Johnny Boy, Bruce Springer Steen, Silver Daniel, Notorious Dog, Doodoo Dolls. That's you found the goal poop. Put that in there with a dog. We will reward you highly. You might well win the tickets go to you. How did you win these front row tickets?
Speaker 3: Do do dogs? Sorry? What wet wet dog?
Speaker 9: Silver, little piddle band gold, good nickel bark gold, you shit, Sue just played them? Silver, fleewood mac what flea wood?
Speaker 3: Sorry? That marked at me? Who do do doos? It's today it's all about the bat of the doodoos? Who do who do do?
Speaker 8: In?
Speaker 3: Better? All right? Who's going to see my goodlet? Between the do doos? You got the who do Doo Doos, which I think is superior do Dooo?
Speaker 2: I think who do do do?
Speaker 3: Well? Un there's your half whether who do doo Doos? You want the booblet tickets?
Speaker 1: Cal Ber, you're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 3: We are back tomorrow on the show.
Speaker 4: As always if you've got an email so late to the party, any more recommendations for lullabies. I think the ones we're looking for are the more unusual lullabies, like believe it or not, stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to avoid playing any kids music, music that's made just for babies.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Another thing, I've been geting a lot of emails where every single one brings up this unnecessary rule you've put in place that you will never play baby music because you will have to.
Speaker 2: No, I won't because I.
Speaker 4: Get through the next copy is my friend will eight weeks into this long old road.
Speaker 2: Ahead of you, we'll skip baby music altogether. I think you'll have a special appreciation for actually good music I tell.
Speaker 4: You what we're going to do now, a new feature tomorrow. We're going to open the lines with a sweep steak. Right, It is only a matter of days before you collapse and you will yield.
Speaker 2: I'm stubborn.
Speaker 3: You can't tell you who's more stubborn. A baby? You hear that crying? You can't cry like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, gets it from me.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast