Speaker 1: Christ Christian O'Connell show podcast. We did a lot this weekend. I took her, one of the kids, to see a movie. Do you have the cinemas?
Speaker 2: When was the last time when we went to cinema? We actually went to the cinema, was getting the ticket, the popcorn, sitting down again. It we felt great to see a movie in the cinema. We saw a great film as well, called The Summer of Bagnold. It's a coming of age teenage movie, very very funny. If any of you ever saw the brilliant teenager comedy show from the UK called The in Between Us, it's by one the kids who's now grown up and a director of right himself. It's his first movie. It's brilliant, really really great movie and there's some great cameos in it as well. But anyway, o, my other daughter Ruby, she was going to see this band at the My Bowl.
Speaker 1: Band Gold, the Skegs. I presume there is a vert in the nome. Was it simply.
Speaker 2: Of day myself? It's like carbon dating Dad here. Oh yeah, the Skegs is it?
Speaker 1: They go to damn close Jack? I was down in the final two. Anyway, the Skegs. She was going to see the Skegs, right, she was super excited.
Speaker 2: So in the morning it was like, you know, getting her outfit ready, and then I was to drop her at the train station where she was going to be meeting a friend, and they were trying to sink at what time they're all going to be on so she could be at the station at the right time.
Speaker 1: It was. It was for she was already stressed right as fought, with a lot going on.
Speaker 2: The train was coming in at twelve oh two, and I always get everywhere early, so I'm actually get as the train station. She was fuming, my wit, you're going to have to just let me run this operation. I can get down time Liam Needson and Taken. That's what was like, you know, as they're scoping out twenty minutes before, how we got there.
Speaker 1: Nothing to do with.
Speaker 3: Did you catch it earlier train if you want to, No, I.
Speaker 2: Mean there's nothing to do. So anyway, there was all these kids there, like my daughter as well. There a lot of kids. They're all going in to see the show. It's a return of live music.
Speaker 1: How excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're getting to do all Wheel took for granted as teenagers and I'm noticing that my daughter's bag is clinging like some of their bags.
Speaker 1: I guess it's their water bottles, right, take water in a glass. Hydrate.
Speaker 2: Hydrate kids, That's what I say, the next generation of hydrators. Anyway, when I pitched, she met all her friends in a carriage and there was like this hubbub of excitement.
Speaker 1: I was jealous.
Speaker 2: Actually, you know what it's like to be a teenager and going to see live music a gig with your mate. They're meeting up beforehand in the park. I guess to have that water.
Speaker 1: You know, have water to get the country. Bless them by the time you get about their water levels. Meet in the park, hydrate and then go and see the sketch. Yeah, I am jealous of that. They were such great I wanted to get on the carriage with it.
Speaker 2: They were all in there, and I was allowed to come a bit near the platform. I won't say what train it was, but people in the area will know it's renowned for being quite sketchy. So she said, can you come with me again? Like Liam Neeson, I was doing background checks and everyone there. I had a backup crew as well, but check the asset assets moving.
Speaker 1: So always you're the one lurking in the bushes. You're probably who people think is the most dangerous. The one was I said, so, I can't wait here. There's a poster of me. I can't hide behind a boats from myself unless she's said exactly yes, it's like a live art installation for Google. Anyway, the train train starts to approach, She's like, get that way. She's pushing me. I'm going, I'm going to go.
Speaker 2: But I looked in the carriage that she leaped in with all these other teenagers there, and they're all hugging each other and just looking in on that little window on the trailer.
Speaker 1: I felt so jealous, like that's what they should be doing.
Speaker 2: Anyway, couple hours later, I pick her up and I said, how was it?
Speaker 1: It sounded amazing? You know.
Speaker 2: They are all these like little pods of six of them. Okay, And there was like Skeggs, this band Lively Lads on stage right. Someone turned up with a sign that simply said mosh now right, and people started to wash by the mash and Covid he no way. Dan Andrews finds out about this. There's gonna be another five day lockdown. Because someone turned up with a sign that said mosh now. I look about the organization, did all did all the teenagers talk to each other going, hey are you bringing the.
Speaker 1: Marsh now sign?
Speaker 2: Someone needs to turn up with a mosh now sign. Teenagers start rushing forward right and the security guards can't control them because actually they can't do this. But skeggs and we said that at the security guard comes on stage whilst the band.
Speaker 1: Are doing a song.
Speaker 4: Okay, walk up to hy He's like yeah, stops the gig and.
Speaker 2: Goes, hey, hey, kids, I don't He's saying, this is really boring. We are not allowed to play any more until you stop moshing. Everyone goes back right, The band start up again. The guy who had the mosh now sign breaks out of his pod.
Speaker 1: Holds up again. Kids start rushing forward again and washing security card goes back and again the band.
Speaker 2: Have to stop for the for another time now to say you've got to stop washing.
Speaker 1: It's like kid with the marsh side.
Speaker 2: You two ever turned up anywhere where they sign?
Speaker 1: Have you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: When we went to Brian Adams at the Winery and Geelong, Audrey made one up and she said, what did it say Brian Rocks more than the Wiggles, and we had a T shirt made up as well.
Speaker 1: That is really really.
Speaker 2: She was like five, Yeah, I want to know this morning. Has anyone ever made a sign and taken either to us? Because you see people turn up like to watch the footy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're always got them up for like two hours, arms get tired.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, who are these people that make all these signs? Some of them amazing, some of them are crap? Aren't they the worst ones? You see a lot of soccer in the UK. It's a bed sheet now with like that that you know the manager's name out anything the board. I'm going to fire him because you wrote on a bed sheep. See that guy I turned up the bed sheep. We should hire him and sack the actual manager of the team. All right, we're going to lines now. Has anyone ever made a sign or banner and taken it to a show? Brittany, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Christian. How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good, Brittany. Have you had a great weekend? Thanks for calling the show?
Speaker 5: No I did, I did?
Speaker 1: Thank you awesome? And what's your sign or banner?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 5: My sign was dancing with Bruce at the Rock when we went to Bruce springstea hanging rock a few years ago.
Speaker 1: Lucky thing was so jalous, amazing gig that.
Speaker 5: Was apparently it was. It was, But to my embarrassment, it wasn't actually me that wanted to make the sign. It was my dad, because he's like you Christian, he is a die hard fan good mane. And I said, Dad, make sure it looks good, because you know, I'm not ten anymore. I need I need a sign. At the time, I was twenty three, I think, and I'm twenty eight now. Whenever it was, I can't even remember, but anyway, and he constructs this sign out of two eighty three pieces of paper stuck with bullers on the back. And I came to his house to pick him up, and I was like, Dad, you have got to be joking. He's like, don't worry, it's gonna work. Something's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: And I was like, okay, all right, and remind us again what this mega is?
Speaker 1: Quite construction now, wasn't it. What does it saying?
Speaker 5: It said, dancing in the dark with Bruce at the Rock, It's.
Speaker 2: A lot going on that manner. You can have thrown him off a song. I'd irritated if I saw a girl that don't disturb it. Had a lot of money for these tickets. He's an older guy now and me squint in trying to read all that, and he forgets which song is doing?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, And it was it was to make sure that he sung that song, because as you would know, Chris, he's doing three hours.
Speaker 1: He's doing all the songs, ever, songs he hasn't even writtenly starts doing up though babies being born.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's ever a point in a Bruce Stren sat Shake where he goes, am I forgetting something?
Speaker 1: Is it light all dark dancing in the night.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's a banner and a request. Isn't it really correct?
Speaker 5: Yes? Yes, yes, but you know, I think, to my kind of shock, I got a point from the boss himself. He played the.
Speaker 1: Requests DJ giving away the ending.
Speaker 5: But yes, I was. I had to thank at the end you got from the boss. Yes, yes, yes it was. It was awesome, it really was.
Speaker 1: But yes, Brittany, thank you very much the story.
Speaker 5: No worries. Thanks Christian, Thanks you.
Speaker 1: Have a good week.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Vinnie Vincent's on the line, Come morning, Vinnie. Yeah, good, thanks going the show?
Speaker 1: Is it Vinny or Vincent? I don't you mind me? Th can it's shorter.
Speaker 3: It's Ninny with a y. Don't don't don't put that I on there and it's.
Speaker 1: Not falled out, you know? Have you got that?
Speaker 2: What the banneries Vincent with an eye, not a y Vincent.
Speaker 1: What was the sign of banner you made?
Speaker 3: I I didn't make the sign of about a stole a street sign. I had my name on it and took it to a vessel up in South Wales called Strawberry Fields, which is notorious for being pretty large. So I strapped this straight time too the two PREBC pipes and held up with a couple of lights on it pretty much all day and for my mates always had.
Speaker 2: Location of I just got the Vinnie's now right, Yeah, you've stolen a Vinie sign?
Speaker 3: Yeah? From there? It was Vincent straight from from Sandringham.
Speaker 1: Ye and uh yeah.
Speaker 3: It's coming up to me and being like that's the straight I live on. I'm like, well, sorry, I took it on and I'm keeping it.
Speaker 1: M hmmm. It's a very professional sign, isn't it. You know you've got the actual Vinnie sign.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well now I screwed up my bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cassie, well impressed the ladies all right then, Vinnie, thank you very much. Watch out for that guy.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast