Speaker 1: Well, sorry about the delay everyone. As you can tell, yes and other court cases hitters, this time from the estate of Trevor Long. He wasn't happy with the way he was portrayed in our last episode and apparently I quote touched him inappropriately. Frankly, I don't think I touched him appropriately enough.
Speaker 2: We're back now, which is good news.
Speaker 1: Contract and do you know what will be in the same studio next time. Hopefully things will work out. We'll get back on track eventually. But me and Trevor best buddies. Who would have known.
Speaker 3: By the way, we're going to be having a lot of well, I'm going to be having a lot of fun because we've changed the thing that we're recording with today and I'm now in control of all the party, in control of the sound effects. So as a result of that, you will hear some wonderful effects from yours truly the EP of the show, which I believe stands for executive producers of the show.
Speaker 1: I would have said, direct penis and not much job. There's my quote puerile humor leaking into this podcast.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, We'll be running through our latest feedback closer to the end of the show, so please stay tuned for that.
Speaker 1: Paul's Just so you know, Paul's are totally in control of the sound effects. I can't do a thing, so I just you your share back on mate. I don't want to say, why are you Croatian dancing? Why are you wearing nothing but some weird kind of pomp pom white Beanie only used its ceremonies.
Speaker 3: Yes, so he can control a little bit of it. And before we get started, I don't know if you noticed, but old mate who we spoke to last time with the gr Corolla sold it. I don't know what it sold for, but yeah, it's no longer listed, so good.
Speaker 1: I'm glad. We should have got a cut from that. I think, I think so. I think we helped him out with the sale. He he lowered the price a little bit. You know what, I've noticed. We're going to talk about this in our review towards the end, but the civic type bars are starting to pop up with quite a few dollars added to the place as people don't want to wait quote two years now. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, the funny thing is Honda is one of the only car companies Mercedes Ben's as well in the country with fixed prices and the dealers are charging more.
Speaker 2: It's like, guys, the whole.
Speaker 3: Point of you ripping everyone off with your fixed prices is you can't judge more.
Speaker 2: And they're somehow now charging more for.
Speaker 3: The civic tye bar as well, so the dealers will be dealers.
Speaker 1: By the sounds of it, it's kind of pissing me off. The dealers are doing this too, and I honestly think there should be a rule against it. I mean, to buy their own, to have their own allocation, buy a car, put some k's on its salat as whatever they like. Now it's just it's gone free.
Speaker 3: It's actually not so much an issue for well, it is an issue for consumers, But I as a brand would be annoyed because that is a franchise of your brand that is ripping customers off and giving your brand a bad name. So it's more that as a brand protection thing, you car companies should be outraged with this stuff. But it just seems dealers getting away with it, and you know that they're dourning money while they can, which you know, I guess it is their livelihood. They're used to doing it, and people don't have to buy the car if they don't want to. But ultimately it is something I would have thought car companies would be interested in protecting.
Speaker 1: You'd think so. I just feel like this is the new normal. I don't really think they care too much. I think the new norm is wait for your car. You'll be waiting a long time. They know that now. I think the big surprising thing is we are now prepared to shell out and wait, yeah, for long periods of time, and shell out shitloads more than the actual price. It's frustrating. It's frustrating for a car like the Type R, which is a limited car and they're stacking on the dollars for it. I don't know. I just it's hard. It's shit to watch. That's all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent agree. But anyway, we'll talk about that a little bit later as well.
Speaker 1: We should. We should mention there's if things that popped up this week. One of them. One of them was the Kupra Travis Scan, which sounds like sounds like a scan I have for my ovaries. Yeah, but it's a beautiful car. It's a big, big electric suv. It's hard to see kind of the proportions of this by the press photos, but I'm guessing Volkswagen Group. It sort of seems probably a little bit bigger than the Tigue maybe the two Egg.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, it's interesting because it's.
Speaker 3: Going to be built in China and it'll be a joint venture between the Volkswagen Group and the local car brand Jack Jac, with exports to Australia starting in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: It is interesting with.
Speaker 3: These cars that I don't know that it seems like they've used Coopra as an outlet for design. You see some of these cars in person and they actually look really cool and edgy and fun. Yet beneath the skin they share a lot of components with Volkswagen Group products. So it's interesting that they have allowed that to progress there, and it seems like Volkswagen finally has the idea that, you know, you can actually get away with being a bit more adventurous with this stuff.
Speaker 1: They're so blatant about all sharing parts. I saw Matt Watson during the week look under a Lamborghini Hurricane. Possibly the amount of Audi parts he found under there was fucking criminal.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, I think that you'd have to be an idiot to think that there weren't so many shared parts there, But yeah, it is.
Speaker 2: It is interesting. The closer you delve into it, the more obvious it is. How much of the stuff is actually shipped between a lot of these cars.
Speaker 1: What do we think of that? What do we think of that? Coopra Travis Scan Is it a travesty? Thanks very much, guys. Yeah, I had to keep my humor a little less puerile. Fuck face.
Speaker 2: No, look, I think it looks good. I think it looks nice.
Speaker 3: The whole made in China thing is a bit strange. I don't really understand what the benefit of that is. There must be some monetary gain to be earned from that. A lot of brands are either moving to the US to take advantage of a lot of the tax relief there, or China. It seems of the two sort of easy options for them when it comes to electric cars.
Speaker 1: How do you think they've launched Cooper here in Australia? Because I remember, is there a dog.
Speaker 2: In your studio? I've just noticed it in.
Speaker 1: The it's my dog, Taco.
Speaker 3: Come on, sorry, I just thought we did this on a professional basis as opposed to just however you feel like professional? Have you read our comments? That's true, that's cute. Maybe you could put a photo of Taco up on Instagram. Bloody huge. I thought Taco was small.
Speaker 2: Holy crap, What sort of dog is it?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 2: You go, hey, very cute? What sort of dog is Taco?
Speaker 1: He's a grudle. He's a half poodle, half golden retriever.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll put a photo up on socials so people know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: I'll put him up, Put him up in the car, put him up in the have al jolly on, jolly goody driving along.
Speaker 2: Oh'd a bit the last time I do that.
Speaker 1: You know, it's actually not too bad. Is the is the hybrid of that? I will say that it's more balanced than the other stuff. It really is.
Speaker 2: Look that they are improving.
Speaker 3: They do have a couple of little bits and pieces, like their safety systems need a lot of work. They're just too intrusive. They come up with random messages that make no sense. The cherry, my god, I remember that driving that down the freeway. One of my colleagues. It came up like thirty times telling him to concentrate, even though he was just looking out the window driving the car. So it had like a dodgy driver, you know, distraction warning sensor coming up. So yeah, it is really strange how they just can't get some of that right.
Speaker 1: Every bell and whistle was going off on this thing. I was telling you before before we started this no joke like word for word. I've got the photo here, I'll put it up on our circials. Hey, do we need to talk about your drive.
Speaker 2: Speaking that it was a bizarre message. I wanted to send you a video.
Speaker 3: We ran this on the site because I don't know, I've just become addicted to watching watching dash cam owners Australia the Facebook page and we came across this one video that I just laughed so hard at and I probably shouldn't have laughed, but it was a little bit funny. A bloke who was driving a previous Gen Ranger was cut off by a guy in a Jaguar Suv and look the juries out whether he was cut off, It looked like he sped up as the guy was trying to change lanes to get out of an ending lane and anyway, once the car is well and truly in the lane, the Ranger driver tries to be a hero and starts tailgating really closely. He then bizarrely drops back and accelerates to scare the Jaguar driver and for some reason very gently hits the back of the Jaguar and then something funny happens. So I'm just going to get you to play the video now and watch that for the first time.
Speaker 1: Okay. So, so it's the back of its dash camp footage of the back of a jag There comes a really shitty old Ranger, white range at the back. Oh god, Oh no, he's going close. Ah did he did he hit him the first time?
Speaker 2: No, it came close. Okay, he comes back for seconds.
Speaker 1: He's going back. Okay, now he's getting some speed on that corner. Oh. Basically, for those of you I've just got off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for those of you who haven't seen it, it is the gentlest tap in the world, and for some reason, his air.
Speaker 2: Bags off and he cuts see.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think it's well deserved.
Speaker 3: Any like, someone that does that is just an idiot, Like if someone cuts you off in traffic. Yeah, I get that it's frustrating, but just don't be an idiot and shit like this won't happen. So yeah, head to our socials to see that video. And if we're not allowed to upload it. Head to car expert dot com dot where we've got it down the bottom. They're embedded in a story.
Speaker 1: People are mentally ill when you see that shit, People are mentally ill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, how do you explain that to your insurance company? Well, what were you doing? Oh?
Speaker 3: I was tailgating someone and then I decided to ram them for no reason and then my airbags went off. It's like, that is thousands of dollars worth of damage. He would have been deafened by the explosion. Inside the cabin, there would have been shit everywhere in there.
Speaker 1: Just he's luck you didn't run off the road or like he's exactly or hit someone else who well, well, yeah, he's in the middle of the in the middle lane. There was a it's done adelaide and that went past him as well. He could have kept that stunning car anyway, lesson learnt there.
Speaker 3: So I think maybe what we'll do every episode, let's let's find.
Speaker 2: One of these videos that either you or I haven't seen and we can.
Speaker 1: Have a little head of the week.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like that. Well, then you and I are excluded from that award obviously.
Speaker 1: Well, we've we're pretty much nominated every week we'll say though that we'll get a lovely intro made up and maybe we can add that to Paul's button bar.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: At the moment, my button bar has ballpark, which is this noise. It has drums, which is this noise. It has dramatic piano, which is this noise.
Speaker 1: That someone is making love to himself. And finally it.
Speaker 2: Does intro outro, which is this noise.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm looking to expanding that selection, so that'd be fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So other thing, can I tell you what's on my button bar right now? Going? Okay, don't play a little game, yeah, go on, okay, this is this will be a game of guests.
Speaker 2: The rev Okay, cool, all right, let's do it.
Speaker 1: All right, you're listening, listen, here we go and you'll get it. You'll get a big revenue. Oct came on. So say, okay, let me guess the engine first. Is it ten cylinders? Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's a V ten. It's either in the right or the Hurrican.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, it is a bit hard to tell between the two, but it sounds a little duller than a horrcan, So I reckon maybe the right, Oh, it's the Horrican.
Speaker 2: Hmm, that's annoying. What sort just the normal one or the Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, are you ready? Here's a clue. This is a bit off because it's historical footage. Go on, here we go, there's a good clue.
Speaker 2: Go again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So I'm going to preference this by saying I took two different revs of this car, different different sound effects, because the first one, even though look genuine what I was recording, it felt like it been modified.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I think it sounds like a V eight. It sounds supercharged, so I'm thinking, can I hear that one more time?
Speaker 2: It's a manual?
Speaker 3: It sounds it sounds like an LSA, which was the engine they used in the HSV range.
Speaker 2: That last one doesn't though.
Speaker 1: Okay, see that like here the blow that kisses me off because as I said, this was historical footage and that doesn't sound historical.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's the problem.
Speaker 3: It's hard to hear that particular. The first recording sounded very clear. This one is It breaks up a little bit, so I can't tell. It definitely sounds like a V eight, and I'm thinking it's a Holden Slash HSV VAS of some sort.
Speaker 1: Half there Taranto SLR five thousand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, that definitely sounded modified that that had a bit of meat to it.
Speaker 2: It's definitely not supercharged.
Speaker 1: So last tie. This one's shit. It's not about the music in the background. Whoever put this one together is obviously a massive flog driving a flog car.
Speaker 2: So it sounds like a six cylinder. You know this, well, yeah, probably it.
Speaker 3: Sounds like a six cylinder and I reckon it could be a Ranger raptor.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, baby's.
Speaker 1: Literally the promo video and you know it back to front.
Speaker 2: I think it's safe to say that I naked to it. It's safe to say that I.
Speaker 3: Knock that one out of the ballpark anyway, something fun I came across, Well, not fun if you're in this category. But Queensland has just enacted what they claim the most severe hoon laws in the country, and they're wide sweeping because not only do they affect hoons, they also affect spectators. And basically what they've done is they've now made it an offence to be a spectator at ahoon event, so you don't even.
Speaker 2: Have to be involved.
Speaker 3: You can literally have parked on the side of the road seen it happening and gone, oh, it's going on over there. It's an offense, so is participating recording And get this carrying spare tires.
Speaker 1: That's odd, that is And by the way, from a recent trip I took to Queensland, our sunshine state, a lot of people carry tires up there.
Speaker 3: Yes, look at this is the thing, right, I get that you've got you've got like this is a bad thing, right, And some of the footage that I've seen is bad because they're literally on the freeway, they stop the freeway, they're doing dumb shit and it's not great. But what they're trying to do here is really just put a bit of bit of mayo on this. And in the press release they said, according to the Queensland Roads Safety Strategy, the economic cost of road trauma in twenty twenty was six billion dollars and was the cause of fifteen percent of hospital admissions. Okay, what percentage of that was hoon drivers? Probably not, meaning I would have thought. So they're putting a lot of emphasis on this. And the bigger issue is that, Okay, obviously they're not going to pull you over if you have a spare tire in your boot and you're just a normal person, and send you to jail because it's like up to one year jail or a six thousand dollar fine.
Speaker 2: I get that, but.
Speaker 1: It gives them them. Do you imagine didn't go into prison or what did you do? Oh, bloody killed a few people? What did you do? I did donut in the mac.
Speaker 3: But it's like the fact that they're allowed to do it means you're going to have some police officers who will just use that as a reason to send someone to jail potentially. So I just wonder who comes up with these laws. The only thing that works against this type of behavior is visible policing. Driving around in unmarked police cars doesn't help anyone you're trying to catch these people.
Speaker 2: You are better just sending the helicopter down there.
Speaker 3: Closing off the road with marked police cars, and then just running through everyone. Because they have a huge issue up there at the moment with people driving like idiots, and I just don't think they're really paying much attention to it these offenses.
Speaker 2: I just don't think they're going to change anything, to be honest.
Speaker 1: I love how they like they've put this in a monetary perspective as well. Like, the first thing you said was how much it costs? How much the hone's costing? Do you know how much it costs to send someone to prison? Expensive? Like this country just doesn't like people driving fast. I say that, Yeah, it's a wild one.
Speaker 3: I just this is a very very very small handful of people, and the amount of effort they're putting into this is just unbelievable.
Speaker 2: If they put this much effort into.
Speaker 3: Just hiring more police officers to just be allocated to this particular task, I suspect it would be a whole lot more beneficial than having to change.
Speaker 2: Laws in parliament and waste all this time.
Speaker 1: Also, what constitutes a whon? Is it someone breaking the speed limit? Is it someone doing donuts on a If it's.
Speaker 2: Anything like Victoria, it's at their discretion. So you could lose traction off.
Speaker 3: The lights and it would be a hoon offence and they could impound your car. So it just depends on what kind of police officer you find on the day.
Speaker 1: Did you get a little bit excited over the sneak peak of the new Tesla?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, maybe the little peep show.
Speaker 3: So if you don't know what we're talking about, images leaked online of what appears to be the facelift for the Tesla Model three and eventually the Tesla Model Why. What's been happening at the moment in the States is Tesla is constantly dropping the prices of their cars to help increase the amount of sales that they get. And it's because they always set targets for deliveries and they come very close to missing them, and then they have to gut the price to sell more cars. That annoys owners because you instantly lose money on your car, and it also just affects appreciation and it's just a complex issue that isn't helped by what they're doing. One of the things they said very early on is they won't do facelifts and design changes like other manufacturers, and the fact that they are doing that now, the fact that they are gutting their prices constantly, means that they really are just becoming another car brand that is doing what other car brands do.
Speaker 2: So I do like the look of it.
Speaker 3: It looks to me like they're going to have a dash cluster as well, which I'm excited for because they need it separately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's sort of relying on that really minimalist, stripped back look with the one screen in the middle that doesn't go into landscape like a byd At. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean they're obviously not aiming to build dreams, but wow, yeah, someone someone has someone is Yeah, so I think that they need to really work on that and I'm hoping it does have a display there just what matches the model less or at least that it's an option or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but yeah, look, I'm excited for it.
Speaker 3: It's nice to see just a little bit of change there, and it just means these cars are getting cheaper in Australia too.
Speaker 1: It needed to happen, like there's hindsight. It's a beautiful thing because like if they went back on their word saying, oh, we'll never change the design, you know, do once every ten years or whatever, this needed to happen. Clearly it needed to happen. You cannot live with one design. It just becomes boring.
Speaker 2: And well that's what people are creatures of habits.
Speaker 3: So if you have a car that looks the same as one that's five years old, why would you upgrade it? You would have no reason to spend money. And whereas if you change the design all of a sudden, Tesla has a reason for someone to go and drop money on this car again, So it's just plain as day why you would do this. So yeah, so it'll be interesting to see how it goes, and it'll mean that their cars will be wildly different in terms of the design.
Speaker 2: When the cyber truck comes out.
Speaker 3: I mean, that thing just looks, in my opinion, just bizarre and not very functional, and it looks totally different than the rest of their cars. And I just don't know how that's meant to make any sense. It might make sense, we'll see, but yeah, it's a bit of an odd one.
Speaker 1: It is an on one. I wonder if that'll actually come into few fruition, because that's that was promised what last year, really like.
Speaker 2: Two years ago.
Speaker 3: They keep delaying it constantly, And while they're delaying it, other brands are starting to sell things like they're selling f I fifties in record numbers, the Lightning, they're selling stacks of Hummer Evs, Rivians, and all of those vehicles look significantly better and more useful in my opinion. So I know some people like the design of it, but I just think it'll just yeah, it's just not not great.
Speaker 1: But I think by the time they get to the party, I just I don't think it'll be that spectacular as it once was. Like the shop values well and truly worn off. I just can't see it happening. Ye should we talk type R Yeah, let's do it now. I want I want to bring to the table. Is this the most? Is there too much over hype with this car? Personally? I was never a type ARE guy. I was never I was never a Honda guy in this sort of scene. I was. I never understood the red seats and the whole look. I mean, the last generation looked like it was built by a twelve year old kid with lego. I never really got it. Having said that, I was never off the Japanese street car, saying I was always a big fan of Subaru's. I had a two sixties Z you know, I love it. But I could never understand the.
Speaker 3: You mentioned that you had a whole bunch of sdis when you were younger. Right, Oh, no, that was that was not a car thing though, that was a that was a different thing. Yep, thanks, I'll be here all week. No, but I know what you mean.
Speaker 2: Honda had a very select type of audience for their cars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm surprised that that this car doesn't come with like a flat cap and of vape. But I drove it, and I love it. I fucking love it and everything. The actual driving experience of this car made me overlook everything I didn't like. That's how great it was, everything from the red seats and the red carpets and the wing at the back. In fact, this whole car, I think it's toned down. Well, I think it looks really good and I think it's the best looking one that they've put out in years. But the yeah, let's talk.
Speaker 2: About the stats, because well, just on the design before we run into the stats. So I totally agree.
Speaker 3: I thought the last one was a bit over the top and it would exclude a lot of people who didn't want something ricey and over the top. Whereas this new one looks aggressive because it sits wide, it's got a great stance, but it's not over the top. And even if you wanted to show off a little bit, people know what it is. But if you didn't want anyone to really care that much, it also fits that bill too, like it is it is quite impressive from that regard.
Speaker 1: Before the hype started flowing in, the reviews started coming in from overseas and stuff. I thought. On paper, I mean you look at say the zero to one hundred time on this claimed I think is for five point four seconds, two hundred and thirty five killer. What's four hundred and twenty meters of talk? Right, So you compare that to the Golfer, which is similar figures zero to one hundred and four point eight. So even the bloody I thirty and sedan, I mean that that had a zero to one hundred times of like five point one. It had a better time. But so on paper, I was like, well, this is such a good case of numbers. Don't sell cars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred percent. And that's the thing. Like the Golfer on paper is technically a better vehicle. It's got all will drive, it's.
Speaker 3: Quicker in a straight line, all that sort of stuff, but it is just so boring in comparison to a type the type as manual only it is incredibly quick point to point, It handles unbelievably well. You know, there is very little to not like about it, and I think that they've achieved a great thing with this car, and it will be a collectors item down the track. And actually if you even if you compare it to the GR Corolla, like the GR Corolla, even being all wheel drives, still isn't as tuned or as focused as this is. This just feels on another level altogether, and I think it has become the king of the hot hatches, like it is quite sort of a huge achievement. And actually just published that they got a record lap time atnerburg Ring. There is an attatched to this, so they basically dethroned the Reno McGahan trophy are that had the previous record, and a look a bit complicated because they changed the rules for how long the lap needs to be for the record and this was under the new rules and it looks a little bit strange there in terms of the numbers, but it is a faster time. But the controversy controversy, that's an Italian terming some of this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I add some source on that.
Speaker 3: So the controversy is that apparently there is a claim that the time has been cheated.
Speaker 2: And the background to this is there's a bloke called.
Speaker 3: Mesha Charudin who's basically a YouTuber who works during the on season at the nurburg Ring. He's driven a lot of cars around the Nourburgering. I've met him before, really nice guy and knows his stuff. He's basically come out and said that the car.
Speaker 2: That was used for the official lap time wasn't a stock car. And what he's done is he's.
Speaker 3: Referenced two bits of footage, one from another publication's lap time of that car and then one from an autobarn test. What he's done is referenced two spots in fifth gear when the car changing gears, and you can tell that with the test car that was used at the Nurburgring, it produces more boost and is traveling faster at the same rpm that the other two cars are, which leads him to believe that that car has either been tuned or had some different type of fuel used that's given at that extra performance. So Honda hasn't responded to this yet at the time that we're recording this, but I'll be interested to see what they say, because according to Honda, the car was stock outside of optional tires that you can get as part of a package with the car.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, what do you reckon about this. Do you think it was a controversy?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean, you can't claim something something. There's a lot of prestige around something like this, around a claim like this, and I don't think you can, certainly if it's untrue. But there's got to be some sort of regulations, like if they've tuned the car differently, or you know, maybe there's a loophole with the fuel perhaps. I just would find it weird that they've cheated this system and then publicized it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Well that's my thing as well, like why would you go hard on publicizing.
Speaker 2: It if you did cheat? So it just it makes me wonder what's going on.
Speaker 3: And I'm really keen to see what the outcome of this is because I haven't paid enough attention to the nuances here, but there certainly is a couple of sort of question marks over this stuff.
Speaker 2: And I don't know why they would need to cheat. It is an incredibly accomplished car. You're really not achieving anything by cheating.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'll be keen to see how it pans out for them and what the response is.
Speaker 2: And we will follow this up once we do. Hear back from Honda and see what the outcome of it all is just.
Speaker 1: Under seventy three grand. I know, there's starting money, isn't it. Yeah, it's a lot. It is a lot. And yeah, that was kind of my thought. I was because I thought to myself, seventy three grand. But they're advertising. I mean, that's a two year wait if you get it for that, or I could get it now for there's actually one, a reasonable one that's on car sales at the moment for about seventy six. Yeah, I mean if if you're not prepared to wait, you can get one for just a few grand more, which I thought was pretty good. A lot of dealers which pissed me right off of selling them from a round about seventy nine to early eighties. I think, look stock as it is, it's an excellent car. It'd been a while since i'd driven a stick shift, and given this is one of the greatest I've ever driven, I'd say it's especially in the last couple of years. I mean, it's God, it's good, Like the throws are good, the way it handles, it's so intuitive. It's just it fucking made me feel so great. I have to say, like you're going around a corner and the limited slip diff just is so in tune with this whole car. It's such an absolute joy. And whether it's numbers wise, whether it's fast or not, I don't care anymore like you don't care. It's just it's so well put together. And I would buy this. I would want one hundred percent buy this from someone. And this is someone who never understood the car, never really got the red seats, like the fuck on the outside looking and you look at those red seeds because the back ones are black. It looks like some boy racer kids just gone down to the border and bought a couple of cheap Ricardos on sale. But yeah, it's I mean that Alcantara steering wheel, the way the seeds hug you in the driving position. Everything is just excellent in this car. Excellent and made me overlook everything I didn't like I thought. I mean, look, I could nitpick, you could look at the tech on it and go.
Speaker 2: I think it needs more sound.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the exhaust sound could do with an improvement.
Speaker 3: Inside the cabinet's okay, but outside it just sounds a bit muted.
Speaker 2: And I found the same with the gr Corolla.
Speaker 3: It just needed a bit more, but this is all stuff that you can go and change, like you can go get an exhaust fairly quickly.
Speaker 1: What was your take on the tech in this, because look, I think the race tech in it aside good, but I think a lot of people are doing that now. I don't think that's that special anymore. I mean the logging system I think is really cool. There's a few cars out there that are doing that well these days. But I thought the tech in it was a little bit. It was good, but it wasn't seventy three thousand dollars good. I mean, it's not a better camera system on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's not. It's got no three to sixty camera.
Speaker 3: It's not a quantum leap over a standard civic in terms of the stuff that you're getting with it. But yeah, look, I think it does what it says on the box really well. I'd be more disappointed if it had all the tech and just wasn't really all that fun to drive. I think it sort of meets that brief. It is pretty firm, so obviously you know you're.
Speaker 2: Expecting that, but when you go to that plus R mode, it's like they just take the suspension out and the wheels are directly connected to the body. It is so firm, it's just the next level. Yeah, if you're going to be on a track with it, it really is quite a composed beast.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm a huge fan of it. And yeah, had off to anyone that bought one and all has an allocation for one and isn't getting ripped off by a dealer.
Speaker 1: You know, you do notice a difference between Like far too often you look at a drive mode and from sport to NAL drive plus R mode, you know whatever, that that little jump is sometimes minimal and could be disappointing. This is a proper jump in all modes from comfort to sport to plus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you do notice the difference, and that's what I love because it is very defined. There's no sort of faffing about with it. So yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think.
Speaker 3: It's really cool and yeah, excited to see what the outcome is of this, this Neurburgreen lap record thing. Just getting to the bottom of that. I think we'll be good too. A bit of controversy, never heard anyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred of released what I think is a new classic. I mean it's always been there, but it's such a good jump. Yeah, we should rap, We should rap? How do we wrap? Oh? Hey, do you want to hear some great news? Yes, before we go into some before we go into some lovely comments. We are I think we've got some merch coming.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, yeah, actually, let's let's talk about that. We had a guy, now I just want to make sure I get their name right. Yeah, we had a guy called Gus get in touch with us who is basically a merch specialist.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think Picasso.
Speaker 3: And we won mentioned his company just because I don't know if he wants us to mention it or not just yet.
Speaker 1: But because I think he's actually using company printers.
Speaker 3: Well he owns the company, so I think it's okay. But anyway, we will check first. But yeah, we could have some merch coming, which is exciting. Yeah, I'm loving that. That's great.
Speaker 1: Maybe you know how like in Japan you can go to a vending machine and you can get used under pads. Maybe we can get just Donna to wear a couple of pairs came up brief.
Speaker 2: A couple of bed sheets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just so come in game baverly hego Darlan exciting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we will have more on that soon.
Speaker 1: When I'm feeling tip top and one hundred percent, I'll open the old laptop and get it sorted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, beautiful, excellent.
Speaker 3: Well, before we do wrap, let's go through some feedback since our last episode and two polar opposites. So I'll start off with the slightly negative Nancy one.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: It's titled really question mark question mark question Mark and it's come from Gone a Bit too Far question Mark question Mark question Mark. They've got a sticky key there they need to look at. They say, Paul, you have a brand to protect and you're not doing yourself any favors. The attempted humor is quite pathetic. Couldn't agree more with third rate humor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just on that. I don't know what he's talking about.
Speaker 2: On the opposite end of the scale was.
Speaker 3: A comment that was titled best car podcast ever Yeah they know, yeah boy from Reneagle and Remaghal maybe and the contents of that with a five star rating was fun car show with real car enthusiast talk, not just an cap ratings and fuel mileage like many other shows.
Speaker 2: And we will not we will not mention.
Speaker 3: The other shows that drive cars and come up with that stuff, so we will not mention that or people that sue people.
Speaker 1: Very commercialized platform.
Speaker 3: Yes, so thank you for those two bits of feedback. Gone a bit too far and remagale.
Speaker 1: This is a quick one from George by the way in the DMS lads, thank you so much for the great podcast. I've recently drove Brisbane to Sydney and back and had you guys on the whole way out, he binged.
Speaker 2: He would have swung my donors. I would have thought, Yeah, she's in those neck of the woods perfectly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. He wouldn't want to do any palichet style burnouts. She'll get you perfect blend facts, humor and banta.
Speaker 2: Keep it up.
Speaker 1: A great job, Thanks.
Speaker 3: George, Jim mate, thank you, and if you're one of these people that wants to leave us a review, please do so on the platform that you listen to. It only takes a couple of minutes, but it is immensely helpful for us. And also subscribe to the show because that also helps us as well shuffle along in the ratings. So we do appreciate you guys listening. We are working on merch get in touch with us on our socials as well. We're at the Drivers Show dot com. That are you on Instagram or contact at the Drivers Show dot com dot au on the email two.
Speaker 1: S is in there. Somebody said as a meme, I wish I could show you this, but it's it harps back to the to the days of your Toyota Supra who is thank you for coming in.
Speaker 2: We will not be airing that. I do know that clip, but it is quite funny.
Speaker 1: Hey, one question about your super right. I was sitting in one on the weekend. You turn around in that thing, you literally have a blind spot like there is there's just a wall of car next to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not the best thing in the world to see out of. Is that a pain in the ass, Yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Apart from driving it getting out of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, getting out of it, as as I progress in age was tricky. So I'm glad I don't do that anymore. It's now the opposite.
Speaker 1: Right now, you got the high up sort of raptor in the high up Model hy you're going to climb into the raptor, swing the caboosin and the model Why now has the update where it actually applicates your hemorrhoid cream and it has the voice of Elil Musk going. Is that Okay?
Speaker 3: He's gone off the reservation, hasn't he? That rocket exploding wasn't great.
Speaker 1: He's learning experience, as he likes to call it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it, just a very very expensive one.
Speaker 1: What that rocket was for? You know what I mean? You kind of look at it and go, why why did you do that? Why?
Speaker 2: I think they're actually testing the launch pad from memory to make sure it would stay alive because it was so powerful. I think I actually genuinely.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, anyone questioning Paul's background or a reputation of being an engineer, I'm pretty sure he just tarnished his own I had nothing to do with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you do follow SpaceX and a fan of rockets and stuff, send us a d M or an email and let us know how wrong I am.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it was something like launch pad related rocket like rockets and stuff, quote Paul engineer.
Speaker 3: So, yes, we're hoping to be in the studio again together actual show.
Speaker 2: That is all TV to the sea. Yeah, but in the.
Speaker 1: We'll get that be positive. Well there and I won't be going to your bloody officers with your friggin' ea.
Speaker 2: I am going to get that sorted. Next time.
Speaker 3: We're going to have sign writing and stuff on the walls here, which I haven't asked permission for, but I don't really care, so that should be great.
Speaker 1: You own the freaking joint. You don't need to ask for any permission. You don't need to ask for anything. What are you doing? You could put that, I mean, you've already one of your walls has a big mural of you wearing nothing but a pair of wife fronts. Funny heart up, I can see.
Speaker 2: Thank you everyone for tuning in.
Speaker 3: Hopefully this wasn't absolutely terrible to listen to see you seen, little Pavli