Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast all Right Time four three tom at Tuesday, this morning spot rises for some of the better stories as we do three phone ins at the same time, one hundred dollars delivery vouchers and don't forget every week on the show the best call we get, which is always hard to pick us one one of you wins one thousand dollars all right Today. Then this got touched on yesterday's show and we need to get into list. Have you ever seen anyone famous in the gym? I'll producer Tom when he first ropped into town. We rescued him from his old home on a trip and m a little rescue pet. He told me that he'd seen Bruce Springsteen, Bruce Springsteen in the gym in Perth, several hours before a show that night. Bruce Springsteen. Now, let's hear this eyewitness report right now from producer Tom. Tom take us through it.
Speaker 2: January twenty second, twenty seventeen. I was in the gym and Perth.
Speaker 1: It's the first of all, what kind of gym, like a fitness first or one of those twenty four hour meatheadplaces.
Speaker 2: Or no, it was it's nicked gin and King's Park in Perth. Yep, And I walked in and there was Bruce Springsteen doing free weights freeweights.
Speaker 1: Of course he's on the freeways, isn't he, you know? And when he does his rep counts as well, he's going two three, four campstart gusts on a pro freeway. So he's doing free weights and it's everyone else going, oh my god, don't look for that is the Boss over there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was doing a tricep curl from memory.
Speaker 1: Come on, come on, that's the big windmill, you know he's been that big power finish.
Speaker 3: And is this before a show, after a Bruce Springsteen show? Well, no, he was.
Speaker 2: There must have been prior to sound check because it was in the morning, same day as the show.
Speaker 1: Come on, he does a half hour show. How has he got more energy to get in a quick free weight work out with the dumbbells?
Speaker 3: Here's the boss?
Speaker 1: So how could you tell it was definitely not him? It was definitely the Bruce Springsty not just someone who looked a bit like him in Perth.
Speaker 2: No, it was Bruce Springs that. You don't mistake the Boss when you see him doing tricap.
Speaker 1: How close were you it could just look from if it's doing tricap girls. You might have just seen the back of the head of the boss. Well, I was.
Speaker 2: I also needed to use the freeway, so I had to wait.
Speaker 4: For you.
Speaker 1: Must done with those. That's great, okay, So have you seen someone famous in the gym? Nine four one four one oh four three. I met a lady last week who told me she has no fingerprints like Man in Black. Yeah, straight up. Right. I was buying someone a gift and it was behind one of these his cabinets. They don't want you in. You've got to go and ask them to open it up. And normally it's a key thing. With this one, now they don't do the keys. It's like a fingerprint thing where they staff put the fingerprint on it opens up. I te yeah, she oh no, I can't. I won't be opening this. I'll have to get one of my assistants to do it. She was the manager of Right and she said, I can't do this, I have no fingerprints. I went, well, I think everyone has a fingerprint. That's why criminals a database. It's fingerprints. So wai, No, No, I can't use an iPhone or anything like that. I have no fingerprints.
Speaker 3: Did she say why?
Speaker 1: I was why to ask? In case I've been some terrible industrial accident. Yeah, she lost her family or something. They went in the vat and she was the only one that survived. And I got anyway can I get that vast?
Speaker 3: Just the fingers winning and she was able to pull them out of the culture.
Speaker 1: So my friend I met last week doesn't have any fingertips? What don't you have? Nine one O four three? No idea? What that's sicken? Half of that question is. But we're going to find out this morning. Our friend she doesn't any fingertips? What don't you have? And we mentioned this earlier this morning Horsham drove through it last two weeks ago on our road trip to South Australian Adelaide. Horseham is victorious tidiest town.
Speaker 3: Yes, and in two thousand and one was Australia's tidy as town.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 1: What is your town? Famous for? Christian show Tom producer Swhere's blind that he saw Bruce Springsteen on the free Weights at a gym. Next gym was that, he said in Perth, hours before a show. A couple of our people have been messaging about this Christian He's famous for it. Was using a gym on Chapel Street for his last door.
Speaker 3: So that means he's gone more than once.
Speaker 1: Good This same correspondent here Mark at Fasbuna. He's famous for it. I mean he's famous for his songs. Not going to the gym. You know I love springs, You're not love that most of all, just how often he works out. Was using a gym on Chapel Street for his last door. He works out twice daily. What does Springsteen get He's seventeen now and to a three hour show. When in Melbourne, Bruce is notorious. This is someone else now, Brenda Smith. When in Melbourne, Bruce is tourius famous. Roy We've already established this. For working out at a hotel or local gym, He's been known to hand over one hundred dollars and tail staff keep the change. A mate manager south Yarra gym and was so complimentary of Springsteen's humidity, kindness and genuine down to earthness. All that from a guy at the gym.
Speaker 3: So he just comes into a gym and gives somebody one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it might be like okay, because we won't have a membership will he so, oh, it doesn't really work add out. You know if you take out a month trial or something. I'm only in town for tonight's show on Bruce Springsteen on a world tour, well then it be twenty two dollars and there's one hundred. Keep it on Springsteen.
Speaker 3: That's true because he doesn't want memberships in every city that he visits.
Speaker 1: But then he might go, but he might come back a comet. I can I need a dollar for the coin for the locker though, for the locker, Christian. I saw Lou Reed in two thousand and three at the Gym and the Hard Rock Las Vegas, John Chivolta working out at three am. He kept trying to talk to me, don't know why. That was also from somebody else in that Vegas as well. All right, famous in the gym, Let's go to Michael. Good morning, heyt Hell.
Speaker 5: I saw Gary Peers.
Speaker 6: Working out at the sin Kilda Sea Bart. I think it was just before he was filming for Iron Man too, seeming as he had a shirtless roll in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what was he what particularly bit? Was he also on the frame Springsteen?
Speaker 4: He was on that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was on the bench press. How much did getting that getting that chest work out going, because when he had his top off in Ironman Too, he actually was all situated around the chest area.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, scene it's really left an impression on Michael here burned into the memory. Michael, thank you very much, She col thanks Mane, Thanks Tom. I don't even remember that. Se Ian, good.
Speaker 5: Morning, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 7: I don't have a belly button.
Speaker 1: How come I thought we all had an any rounty?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've got an OUTI or I did have a nauti And that's the reason why, because I had a hernia on the belly button. And so the surgeon on the day said, do you my not having a belly button and I said, well, I'm fifty five at the time, I was fifty five, and said, well no, he's going to really look at me down the beach. So yeah, why not.
Speaker 1: But hernia is like an internal tear watch, is it? Why is he taking out your belly bum that's not the anti what's that going to do with it?
Speaker 7: Well, the belly button was just getting bigger and the bowl just getting bigger and bigger.
Speaker 1: You know, it's almost becoming like an extra leg.
Speaker 7: Yeah, virtually like.
Speaker 1: A tripod if you are the bar.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that that audis keep growing.
Speaker 7: Because the hernia was behind it.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's like you know how your ears never so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they stop, they do stop growing stop, you know, sorry, And I'm gonna have to let you go a bit to get into this. Ears don't just keep growing otherwise you see people burying people right, trying to slam the coffin and your door. Eight foot ears.
Speaker 3: That's why older people have big ears.
Speaker 1: Suddenly get a bit bigger, don't they all? Just their face.
Speaker 3: Shrinks, suddenly get bigger, turning from eighty to eighty one, and you wake up with big ears. It's a gradual growing of the ears.
Speaker 1: What do you mean like a millimeters a year or what's the kind of graph on that?
Speaker 3: What is the paths millimeters a year?
Speaker 1: I don't know. But your nose gets bigger as well, So your ears and nose both get bigger. Because you're right, you do see a lot of it's mainly the men got those big old men as, haven't they.
Speaker 3: And your feet after you're pregnant, after you have a baby, your feet it bigger.
Speaker 1: I think that's just doing pregnant. Isn't they swell? And then they were trying size. Did you really Yeah, you have to get all new shoes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like length, like a.
Speaker 8: Candles.
Speaker 1: I've got flippers. I gave birth the next Saturday. I actually woke up with a daughter and a pair of flipp flippers of feet. Where are we going? Where are we going?
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 1: We needed doctor to call in. I do not believe that is keep growing, keep growing. I think the day you wake up a sixty they start they start getting bigger at sixty maybe sixty five. Uh, tell me what, what doesn't happen? It's an auntie belly button doesn't like Jack and the bean Stalk. Have we got more calls? Yes, we have. Umm, we'll be doing three to shoos. I've forgotten mate Jamison.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 1: How are you. I'm good, buddy. Thanks for calling three topic Chuesday. You can get us back on and even rudder here. Which one are you calling in about?
Speaker 5: I'm calling in about what makes your town famous?
Speaker 1: Christian? Yes? And what is the town famous for? So?
Speaker 5: I live in man Evolyin in the southeast. And when we had our hard rubbish collection to bed, a couple of months ago, some of the locals decided to use the hard rubbish to set up a house on the main roundabout in the middle of our town. So this was just a here. I had a bedroom at a bathroom. There was a dining area as with a doll in it. The clothesline even had clothes on it. It was really really good, It was really funny. It was in the newspaper, was all over the local Facebook groups until it was unfortunately packed up the next day.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Joyce, I mean that is a reason to go and check it out. I mean I'd go on a detour to see that, going to road trip, being.
Speaker 5: In local and seeing everyone sort of like come from all over to see it. But unfortunately the local police thought it was a bit of a roadside distraction, so they made the local county we need.
Speaker 1: To try and recreate Let's build it again. Let's build a new house with new biers. This is a great idea.
Speaker 5: It's a very good idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna have to google this now and find that. Hey, thanks you very much Corning for that. How about you one hundred dollars delivery voucher.
Speaker 5: Oh, thank you so much. Thanks guys have a.
Speaker 1: Good day, A right Christian Christian O'Connell show podcast, What don't you Have? You just heard from a guy who doesn't have a belly bun. He had an autie and then he got removed as part of a hernia operation, and this sent us down a wormhole of why do old men's ears get bigger and their noses get bigger? Jack? What have you found that?
Speaker 3: I claimed that the ears never stopped growing, which is a myth? Our nose?
Speaker 1: What a surprise? See as it made no sense?
Speaker 3: No, but there is something to it. Our nose and ears are made of cartiledge. While many people mistakenly believe that carledge never stops growing, the fact is it does stop growing, but because it breaks down as we age, our nose and ears begin to sag, making it what it is. So they're not growing, but they're sagging. Gravity's growing them.
Speaker 1: Really Okay? So the sworn and then what don't you have? What is your town famous for? And famous? At the gym? After Toma producer swears blind he saw Bruce Springsteen, I'm now starting to believe what he did see Springsteen. Spruce Springsteen on the free Weights at a gem m Perth So who have you seen famous at the gym? Four one four one o four three Fiona, good morning, Good morning Christians. All right, what don't you have, Fiona?
Speaker 5: I don't have elobs?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 3: Well, come, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I think it's a hereditary thing.
Speaker 5: So my father doesn't have them.
Speaker 8: And now I've passed it on to my daughter.
Speaker 1: She's she's lobeless as well.
Speaker 5: She's lobeless.
Speaker 3: Yes, I have to have some sort of lobe.
Speaker 4: How does it?
Speaker 6: It's just straight, so it goes.
Speaker 1: And is its coming down to what meets a jawline. It just goes strange to joining on. There's no shit, that's right.
Speaker 3: So you can't wear earrings?
Speaker 5: Well I can, but there's not a lot of rooms, so I can't wear big ear rings.
Speaker 1: Do you know what? Can you google? Clint Eastward? I don't think Clint Eastwood has e lobes. There you go, let's find out also google celebrities who don't have ear lobes. I'm pretty sure Eastwood does not have ear lobes.
Speaker 3: I mean he's got a small ear lob. He's got it.
Speaker 9: You would say a nub though. Could he put an ear ring in like a hoop? One like a pie, right, yeah, Clint Eastwood. It's called an extreme form of an attached ear lob which means it straight into the face.
Speaker 1: Eastwood's got that.
Speaker 3: Eastwood's got that.
Speaker 1: Bang, I knew it. Thank you all right, Fiona, thank you very much. That would give you a one hundred dollar delivery voucher. Thank you just for having no lobes.
Speaker 3: Is that something you just remembered, the fact you remembered or do you?
Speaker 1: Did you pitch outlow Josie Wells. I think that guy could not wear a hooped ear ring. Johnny Depp, Yes, but Eastwood.
Speaker 3: No, that's a photographic memory of ears of celebrity.
Speaker 1: In the next song, let's see who else. What are the celebrities, let's name them? Don't have ear loves? Okay, how are you got here waiting for us? Peter?
Speaker 8: Good morning, Good morning, Christian, how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good, Peter, welcome for the show. So what is your town famous for?
Speaker 8: Famous for being the smallest mountain in the world called WITCHI Proof.
Speaker 1: WITCHI Proof. This is great. It is the smallest mountain in the world. Kids movie it is.
Speaker 8: It's just like a little people in the Melley of the Northwest.
Speaker 5: Victoria there, so yeah.
Speaker 1: So why is it not just a hill.
Speaker 8: Because it's made out of rock structure?
Speaker 1: Is that? Is that what stops a hill from being a mountain?
Speaker 8: I think, so tell you what we're kicking, but yeah, it's It's also famous for having a weed race that Mike Willersey used to host on Channel nine and it was called King in the Mountain and they had to race hub the hill with a forty kram back of wheat on their back, so first to the top.
Speaker 1: Again every day on cover peen another layer on TV.
Speaker 3: What happened to people broke the back?
Speaker 1: Would also give you a hundred dollars delivery voucher that that's a great call. Thank you very much. Christian o'connells show podcast Zock, how are you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Good? So famous people in the gym? Who have you seen?
Speaker 4: Yes, Well, it was in Canada and I just moved over there and started training at the local gym and there was this guy who looked kind of familiar and then I'd seen him a few times in the gym. He asked me to spot him one day and I realized he was an actor. And then it turns out he was the guy Robert England, who played Freddy Krueger in Nightmare on Elm Street.
Speaker 1: Tell you what you do want that guy with that big old metallic claw left off your throat. Guy, leave the clor in the locker. That's great.
Speaker 3: And how did you recognize him? Because he had all the face makeup.
Speaker 1: I'd never know what Robert England at night?
Speaker 4: Well, I recognized him. He used to play a character and in another TV show I watched as the kid, Little House on the Prairie and uh. And it was just after we got talking that I realized, you know, the sort of casual gym talk. And he said that he was an actor. And then I'd ask him if he was in anything that I knew, and he said, oh yeah, I was in Little House on the Prairie and this other movie, Nightmare on Elm Street.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no way, two big names dropped. There isn't he Clang Prairie Clang Zoch will give you a one hundred dollars to the rouvoucher. I love that great one to end on this morning.
Speaker 4: Well done, Thanks so much, guys.
Speaker 1: Jack Lobeless Celebrities. Justin has texted in good morning. Justin sent Paul Stanley from Kiss no earlobes.
Speaker 3: I'll add him to the list. But there are some A listers that don't have elos. All right, so Eastward, Clint Eastwood, you were right about that doesn't have earlobes, Angelina Joe Lee.
Speaker 1: No, that's why brand left it. Nothing to Neberlon when they're spooning, I'm he likes the lobe. I'm turning it out. He likes a lobe.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's why Chris Martin left Gwyneth Peltrow no earlobes. What Tom Cruise very lobeless, very lobless, and Matt Damon no earlobes?
Speaker 1: Right now? You know everyone? Christian Hello, Christian O'Connell Show Podcast