Speaker 1: The Driver's Show, powered by in a Midsoon Nano Taylor toil over a century of engineering excellence meets cutting edge nanoscale technology.
Speaker 2: So I know that we're a car podcast, but I'm just getting some breaking news right now. President Trump newly elected President Trump. So he's going through his department and he's put up the head of Innovation, which is Elon Mask, the chairman of Awesome, which now goes to send us a hulk Hogan, and also the CFO of our fuck it That'll do demo that goes to the guy who designed the keya tasmin.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It's a thing, isn't it. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're going to talk about that in a second. How have you been? Tanned? Man?
Speaker 3: Busy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Look, how tang you are?
Speaker 3: I was in Fiji.
Speaker 2: Well you just bulla Okay, calm down. Burnt Reynolds.
Speaker 3: I don't know who that is, but yes, Burt.
Speaker 2: Reynolds, it's a pun on Burt Reynolds. Don't worry.
Speaker 3: I know you're a bit slow. You are, right, yeah, on silence.
Speaker 2: I think you've got some cognitive decline going on.
Speaker 3: Call me Joe.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So hey, oh, by the way, we should mention that we're now sponsored. Big ups, Amitsu, thank you for your tailor made oils. Taylor made Nano tailored oils from Imitsu. These are nice. The packaging is good too. Apparently this is just for Australian customers, only limited to Ossie customers, and this is purely online, which we'll tell you about later on.
Speaker 3: Very exciting. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the key to Tasman.
Speaker 3: Ask me if it looks better in person?
Speaker 2: Now? Okay, you were there, right, So you're at Tasmania. You're in. Did they launch this in Hobart?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just because at the well, we stayed at the Tasman Hotel.
Speaker 2: We're all good launcher stuft.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's in Tasmania and it's called the care Tasmin.
Speaker 2: So you see the bloody brilliant play on words. Let's fly everyone chuck them on the spirit of Tazzy. Paul got a bit lost, so Donna pointed to a map of Tazzy. You go through the bush and turn right. Oh yeah, Jesus, you ended up in the Hobart River.
Speaker 3: It was wet, it was deep.
Speaker 2: They had to send out some cave rescuers, some beacon Field and never was seen again. Sorry, this is gone to a good start anyway. So you're in Tazzy, Can I ask you one thing, Take me through the start of this launch, like, like, I want to know what happened? Did you sit down?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay. So there was a bit of confusion because it was it was simultaneously being launched in Jedda, which is in Saudi Arabia, and they basically had this live cross to Saudi Arabia and then they would do the unveiling in Australia at the same time. And the theme was that Australian music was playing in this venue. It was at the wharf across the road from the Tasman Hotel for the whole night except when they revealed the car, when they started playing Metallica enter Sandman and I'm like, great song, doesn't fit the theme of everything else.
Speaker 2: You're gonna say Saudi Arabian music.
Speaker 3: Oh so yeah, they started playing that, and then the silk silks came off the car.
Speaker 2: Okay, now this is the bit I'm interested in, right, So when the silks came off, ye, could you hear the gasps? Could you hear? Like, like, I just imagine ladies and gentlemen, the Keia Tasman. Everyone's silent, and then you just hear the guy the bar making a cappuccino.
Speaker 3: It was it was like that scene out of total Recall, you know, we just got three boobs. It was like, that's something's od here. No, look, styling is entirely subjective.
Speaker 2: So it's what you tell me in the text message.
Speaker 3: Well yes, but like my wife married me, and I think that tells you enough, and someone will like the Tasmin. But my issue is more just the technical stuff, right, and if I look at the design where the head lights are.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's bizarre. They're like a goldfisher's eyes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they're very outbuart and if you are doing a lot of off roading and you're driving through the bush and stuff and you hit those lights with trees and shit, you're going to basically break the lights. And those lights will be very expensive. So most brands will have in board lights so that you don't run the risk of doing that. The engine just seems like an odd choice. They've gone with what will be the lowest talk output in the segment, one of the lowest talk outputs in the segment.
Speaker 2: Is this the same engine they put in the Cyrene day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, palisade, right, but this way is more than both Sorrento Palisade and that type of thing. So I just think technically there's a few misses there in terms of the features though. The interior is fantastic. You know, it's got reclining seat. It's in the second rows. You can kick back and have a cuddle if you wants.
Speaker 2: Would you did you do that? Would you have a cuddle in the care tasma? On my own producer lives here, would you? Would you just yell out? Would you have a cuddle in the care tasma? You do what I do it? You take your nies off. Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: You have to have them all to start with them?
Speaker 2: And does that? Yeah, well these days she doesn't, which is very handy whenever we lose her. It's just like, I don't know what live is. Just follow the yellow drop road or.
Speaker 3: Anyway. So yeah, features great, It's got storage in the rear wheel, arch VKFC or your curry so you don't stick up the car.
Speaker 2: Okay, So yeah, look at those parts are good.
Speaker 3: But yeah, what do you think of the design?
Speaker 2: When I first saw it, I texted you, going, it looks like a tasmin like it looks in bread so and you went, well, the design is a bit challenging, to say the least. I'm like, okay, conservative Pabli, thank you for your opinion. We're on text message. I just don't think I like it at all. It's kind of weird because it was launched around the same time as the BYD Shark and I get ones A hybrid ones not that all that's a site design wise, I think that was a free point to BYD yep.
Speaker 3: And the bid looks like a clone of the Fine fifty Lightning.
Speaker 2: It looks like a clone of a lot of things. Yes, it looks like a clone of the Ranger, but that is a.
Speaker 3: Good point, right, So they had to do something different. It couldn't look just like everything else and everything else just kind of looks the same.
Speaker 2: Did they need to do something different?
Speaker 3: Well, you have to because you're you're launching a ute in a very competitive segment, and otherwise it's just going to look like everything else. It had to look different. I don't know if that's too different, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for their first go for their debut.
Speaker 3: Well, it was funny. They actually had the designer and the interior designer on stage, thank god, And one of the first questions was is it too late to change the design? Ask that, Yeah, I can't remember who it was, but it was like, yes, it is opped in so yeah, and I think certain colors help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the black. I saw it in all black. It's like black, a black T shirt works on me fine, because it shades out my fat Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh hey, hey hey, sure of course confidence subjective. Yeah, yeah, I just think that it's yeah, look, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what what does that mean?
Speaker 3: Seven year warranty. Perhaps for fleets that don't really care what design looks like, they might go for it. Yeah, what do you reckon? Do you like the look?
Speaker 2: Oh? I don't have a mic on your just pretend you can come over here, just come over here, come over here.
Speaker 4: I didn't No, I didn't mind the I didn't mind it. I think it reminded me of a bit of the Ford Bronco. Oh yeah, okay, a little bit of that aspect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had your eyes closed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't see that at all. But talking about the same car, let's keep this mic on me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, it's interesting where you look at, say, the placement of those headlights anything like a Toyota product, which is synonymous with being off road. Their headlights are right at the front. It's just it's a weird choice. And they're very thin as well. I think the interior looks good. I know I'm being hard on it. The interior does look good. I think they've done something great there. The thing is with their competitors, like I say, a Toyota, they've nailed it over the interior of a highlights absolutely right. But the outside it did soften on me, which is not unusual for me. As you know, it's pulverizing or polarizing, polarizing. What did I say pulverizing? I said that last time. It's polarizing.
Speaker 3: I don't know what.
Speaker 2: I'm just doing my main thing. I do this for a living. It's polarizing. It's definitely out there. I'm trying to find some good bits to Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, I think they're gonna have a challenge with pricing because you don't want it to be cheap because then it will be competing with Chinese vehicles. Don't want to be expensive because it doesn't have an engine for that, So it's going to be sort of middle of the range. I suspect, so they'll have a strong warranty seven years, which will be helpful.
Speaker 2: The key are good with that sort of stuff, I will say, with honoring warranty, they're great.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's to watch this space, yes, And I think the shock value of the design will soften definitely when this thing is on the road, when we start seeing more of these cars and.
Speaker 3: The acesseries and stuff. I think as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so so in the let's just say, if it was a battle between the BYD Shark and the Kia Tasman, who won the launch, Ah, well.
Speaker 3: Look up I bydvo by virtue of the fact that it's fifty eight grand or whenever plus on roads that is so cheap, so cheap, like it's I think it's even cheaper than that. Yeah, So I think that point of view that they've won that, and it's just got so many features and all that sort of stuff. So I think they've done well with that. But yeah, well we'll see. I've got to drive that care first to see what it's like.
Speaker 2: I think. Yeah, I can't wait to see you in that with the Cowboy hat week ladies in gener verizing. Hey, you know what we should talk the new Jug, the new jug logo. What do you think?
Speaker 3: So let me just run through some stats here for you.
Speaker 2: No, the stats no one wanted and no one asked for. I literally asked for an opinion.
Speaker 3: Numbers. Here we go, so get my calculator out. Not just kidding. If you go to the Jaguar Instagram page, they literally deleted all of Jaguar's previous posts. Yes, so everything is gone. And then when they did their relaunch, they launched with the video and I thought, oh, I think someone has hacked their account, because there's no no way a car company would ever do this. So if you look at their Instagram page, they launaunched this rebrand six days ago. Since then, they have lost a lot of followers. So they had seventeen million followers and they've lost a few thousand of them. On the Friday the fifteenth, a couple of days before they did this launched, they basically removed two hundred pieces of media, which was Jaguar's entire history on Instagram. Yeah, someone had to go through and just randomly do that.
Speaker 2: So they only have four posts currently and three of them I'm not sure what they are, and one of them is a group of people.
Speaker 3: So that group of people, which is one of those standard advertisements where they just find all the people they can to just jam into this thing to make a statement. Anyway, the statement they made was we no longer care about our history and here is the biggest pileot pooh. We could come up with seven million views fifty thousand comments. I mean, who thought that was a good idea. It is a horror show of a thing. Because to me, if I saw this, I would not know this as a car company. I would have thought they were advertising some fashion show that I don't want to go to, But this is a car company. They then followed it up in the days after with a picture of what looks like an air conditioner and then Jaguar logo that they've they've managed to ruin as well. It is confusing.
Speaker 2: That does look like one of those old old school art deco like F one racing posters. Do you know what I mean? It's vibe yeah, or air conditioner from the seventies. Do you know the fonts? The actual font is pretty much identical to the font they use for Beats headphones. Oh really, it's pretty much exactly the same. If you look at the A.
Speaker 3: But are they do they miss like misuse capitals and lowercase in beats headphones as well.
Speaker 2: Let's have a look at the beats.
Speaker 3: Because here it's capital J small A, capital G small, U small A small r's. Oh yeah, it's like literally the exact same.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, So they're copying headphones. Maybe they're just not going to do cars. Maybe that's their thing.
Speaker 2: Well, this is this is a confusing point because they've launched this too horror without showing one single car. So if I look at this subjectively, I think this has how many views? So seven million views, seven million views.
Speaker 3: Fifty thousand comments, but fifty thousand comments. They have been deleting comments as well, which is just a rookie fail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, they should just definitely leave that. One would say this is excellent.
Speaker 3: Yeah from a reach and hey, Jaguar's rebranding point of view, it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: This could be one of the greatest pr advertising stunts of all time because you think about it, a conservative old brand. When was the last time somebody talked like, when did the motor industry talk this much about Jag And when was the last time they got seven million views and fifty two thousand comments or.
Speaker 3: Whatever it is. So never never, So all you need to do is just get a bunch of strange looking people into a room and film them walking around.
Speaker 2: I think the people behind this, whether I think it's great or not, I think the people behind this are far more smarter than we are in a lot of ways. Let me just ask you one point, right, My feeling is they know a lot of things that we don't in terms of they're like, you know what, the old conservatives who we know doing this podcast are very opinionated and loud. So the old conservatives who are their core audience and who have always bought Jags, they haven't bought a Jag in years, and there's not really much interest in Jag twenty twenty four. So now I feel like maybe they're just throwing out that leather bound rule book that the oldies have and they're now aiming for a fresh, cashed up crowd. I think they're just throwing everything out because young people now they've got more cash than ever before, and they're willing to like the new money people. They want to show it off.
Speaker 3: Okay, so let's go with that theory, right, So they've gone all electric, that's their thing. These cars will cost probably from at least one hundred and fifty thousand dollars. At the moment, nobody is buying an electric car worth over one hundred grand. So automatically they're failing just by making only cars that no one's buying.
Speaker 2: But you're assuming that they're going to sell electric cars.
Speaker 3: Nowty thousand dollars. They are. No, They've said they're only doing electric. Yeah, their branding position will be premium. There's no way they're going to go, oh, we're going to do thirty nine nine ninety electric cars right.
Speaker 2: Probably not.
Speaker 3: And the reason I reckon they weren't expecting this reaction is because they're equally woke. CEO came out and said in an internal memo, their team, dear JLR team, Our new Jaguar brand has been introduced to the world this week. The work of the team has been guided and inspired by the timeless quote of Jaguar's founder, Sir William Lyons a copy of nothing. I think if he had seen any of this, he'd probably anyway it goes on. I'm also reminded of another quote from Sir William The car is the closest thing we will ever create to something that is alive. This humanistic, organic connection to everything that carries the Jaguar brand has never been more evident. Blah blah blah, and then goes down to say, in this context, the visceral response to the reimagining of the Jaguar brand is understandable, inspiring even. He then says, but for all the joy and excitement, there has been an undercurrent of unacceptable behavior this week. While I welcome all constructive debate and critique of our polarizing plans, I have to stand in front of the colleagues who have singled, who have been singled out for their individuality. It goes on with more apologetic stuff. But that to me, if you're then deleting comments you don't like, well that's not him. Well he's instructing someone to do that. Someone would have gone, hey, should we delete these comments that are open and honest about what people actually think.
Speaker 2: I don't think the head of the comedy is going delete the comment. That would be fair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But if he's now coming out and apologizing for doing that, then I think he would absolutely know about it. So my concern is that if you're going to go out there and do this sort of stuff, except the flack, and the flack has been massive. I think this is backfired hugely for them. That the pr is great, but it's now just going to negatively affect what they do moving forward. You're going to have to change your strategy. You can't just keep going with this.
Speaker 2: You've got to evolve.
Speaker 3: And just the fact that they go through and then delete all the stuff they don't like that just annoys me. If you're going to go bold and do all that sort of stuff, great, but just stick to it and then just wait and.
Speaker 2: See what happens they want to start again, They're going to get flak, They're going to get the conservatives beating their chest.
Speaker 3: Can I also say as well, I actually feel sorry for a lot of the people that work at Jaguar because the designers, the engineers, everyone outside of the marketing.
Speaker 2: Team, advertisers advertizing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it has nothing to do with all this nonsense. They're there to do their job and I think that any negativity towards them is unfounded and not required. But if you're copying negativity over how stupid your ad campaign is cop it on the chin and either don't do it again or stick with it and leave the comments and then if people buy your card, great. If that home, you lose your job. You go sell fashion, couches and stuff whatever you want to go sell couches.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome to Fantastic Furniture. I see if you want to go for the floor manager role. What sort of experience do you have? Well, I designed the new logo for the jag Sorry there's the door. Thank you so much for coming in, Gordy.
Speaker 3: You've worked with Itamitsu before at their launch event.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, I have. I've got to say I was really impressed. These guys have been leaders in oil innovation for over a century. I mean they're the ones trusted by Toyota and Mazda to deliver precision Enginet oils straight from the factory, and now they're bringing this same expertise directly to OSSI owners. Like this is exciting times.
Speaker 3: So what stood out to you the most?
Speaker 2: Okay, so they've got this nano tailored oil and this stuff is next level. I mean they don't just make the kind of who Hi everyday products. Every formula is designed with a purpose. So we've got the IFG three, this is perfect for city driving. This is where you're in that sort of stop start traffic, the stuff that really puts the stress on your engine. Then you've got the IFG seven. Now this is a beast for high performance vehicles. Seven layers of protection on this one, and it's got their nano cleansing tech that stops oil breakdowns even in the harshest of conditions. And if you're driving a Japanese car, the IFG five is built for precision engineered engines, offering five layers of protection to keep your engine clean and running smoothly.
Speaker 3: Gee, that sounds like some serious attention to detail.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm all about. I'm all about the detailed Pavelo. You know this about me. The IFG seven isn't just oil. It's like giving your engine a custom built suit of armor. And it doesn't just protect your engine too, it optimizes performance. So if you're into keeping your car at its absolute best, this is the oil that you want. And now it's easy to get as well. Right, Yeah, it's really easy. It's all online. Just search out Itamitsu Australia, that's id E m it Su Australia, or you can write this one down au dot Iamitsu slash Nano slash Tailored slashoil dot com and they will ship this straight to your door, no fuss, just top tier oil delivered where ever you are.
Speaker 3: If it's good enough for manufacturers like Toyota and Masda, then it sounds good enough for me.
Speaker 2: Gordon, thank you. That's exactly right, Pavla. Hey, with it a MIDSU. You're getting oil that's designed to handle whatever you throw at it. They've been trusted by the best part for over one hundred years for a reason.
Speaker 3: It Omitsu taking you beyond engine protection to real driving excitement.
Speaker 2: Couldn't have said it better myself. That was great.
Speaker 3: I'm always carrying this show.
Speaker 2: Hey, quick drives this week I quickly jumped into and I know you've spent a lot of time in the new Prato Quickly, what do we think.
Speaker 3: I'm just about to have a proper drive. I have sat in it, and I like the look of it, and I think from a packaging point of view, it looks cool. But let's see, let's see after I drive it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the underpower it might not be.
Speaker 3: You never know, Yeah, really, you ever know?
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I don't know. I've got some concerns. I think the design looks great.
Speaker 3: I'm so on a scale of one to jag you or how can so.
Speaker 2: Different different scale, I would say, I'm not even on the ape scale.
Speaker 3: I guess it doesn't have pronouns.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's got no pronouns. It's not gender liquid or whatever. It's fantastic. No, I think that. I think they've I mean, we've seen and sat on this design for a long time. It looks great, it's accessible, and I think it's going to appeal to anyone from a young cashed up trade to an older conservative cashed up cashed up you'll have to be yeah, well that's where I was going to going with the criticism. But the yeah, I think the old school conservatives is like, my bloody dad's looking at this now. I did have a look in the boot of it. It has a horror shot so where they used to have the tire at the back. I actually think it's a great move to remove that. It looks makes the car look so much better. But what they've done is they put it under the car. That's kind of risen the boot. I don't know what about fifteen centimeters. Yeah, that's a bit Oh, how's it going? The price?
Speaker 3: Geez, that's like twenty grand more.
Speaker 2: It's expensive, and you're pretty much like for a decent spec you're looking at around about one hundred thousand on the road.
Speaker 3: Well, it is very fluid with a three hundred series in terms of price.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they share the same platform too, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but anyway, we'll go into all detail on the next show.
Speaker 2: If we have a drive you know what I'm currently driving rounds, I'll go on. My garage is full of the nice stuff. Not only do I have the Genesis GB sixty smells like Vivas is soon the Delsa sooon.
Speaker 3: It smells like my salon. It smells like hair gel from the eighties salon.
Speaker 2: Plus, I've also got the Alfa Romeo Stelvia quadrifolia. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Interesting, and you've spelt it here at Stelvia. Isn't that like a sweetener?
Speaker 2: No, that's my Greek maid? You doing? What are you going? Shut up? Stellavia iron the curtains. That car is only great after you hit a hundred.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's getting on and I think they've they've also.
Speaker 2: It's expensive too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've kind of just not really bothered with it anymore, which is a bit interesting.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I don't think that crowd can afford it, Like it's a bloody expensive car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not expensive if you go in and actually haggle, because I don't think they're selling any of them, so they'll do a price on them.
Speaker 2: But this particular one doesn't have the sunroof, which I was disappointed for for the price. I'm like, I like a sunroof. It's just the problem is it's a it's an engaging car, it's direct, it feels great on the road. It does. It's just got a few little irks, which I'm like, oh, I wish they nailed it.
Speaker 3: Just entertainment's a bit shit.
Speaker 2: Yes it's I mean it's still plugged in, but even that's not working on me at the moment. So, like I won't say for all of them, but my particular press car, though infertainment's not working on it, I would have liked to have seen a sunroof. It makes this weird kind of I know the breaks are probably decent on it, but it's it makes this weird kind of almost like a shuddering at a takeoff, like anything, what's that?
Speaker 3: Did you run over anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Stelvio, she stealthy is still under the car. So anyway, look it's I think it's an it's just got it's a it's a beautiful castill. It looks stunning, but it's just got a few It's like a bit of corn that gets stuck in my teeth. That just why did it have to do that? But otherwise it's it's a beautiful car. Once you're sort of add on the highway, it's it's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, look I think it looks stunning like that, even the sad and the yeah cook Julia, that looks great as well.
Speaker 2: I think they've done little sister, Yeah, she she does in my gardening. She goes, all right, hey, have you jumped in anything interesting lately?
Speaker 3: Been doing? Yeah? I had a quick drive with the B y D Shark. We'll have a proper drive soon, but pretty impressed on a first touch basis.
Speaker 2: Was it weird getting into a big bruty use and hearing silence?
Speaker 3: Yeah it is. It is quite a weird experience. The interior is super high tech, ye, yeah, so it's it's about the few weird things though, like and it's got vehicle to loads you can power stuff at your campsite, but for it to work, you've got to have the car on. So if you're like a sleep in your tent running something at your campsite, someone could just hop in your car and just take it off your hands for you.
Speaker 2: That could, I mean, that could hopefully be a software up.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's just a few just demonstration. They didn't quite really quite get what they were doing. But I think a lot of the stuff is software related, so hopefully it's easy to fix. We're going to do some towing and stuff with it as well. That interesting how that goes. But yeah, first touch, it's not bad.
Speaker 2: Does it feel really big because it's it is a big car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it feels heavy. It's like two point seven tons or something, so it's a big old thing. So yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Know how some cars are huge, but they are just really easy to drive, like like Chevyes for instance. The Silverado is like the easiest big car I've ever driven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's got lots of cameras and stuff, so it makes it easy to park. But yeah, TBC, Okay, looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: Okay, MG, cyberst supercar material, supercar material? Is it? Is it? Though? It's an interesting question because it's one I posed just before we started. Was when I went into the I picked this up from a dealership shout out to Alto north Shore thanks to the car. The head of the dealership called it. I said, wow, so one hundred and twenty thousand drive away. Yeah, He's like, yeah, pretty good for a supercar. Right, I'm like, sorry, what supercar? Okay? Is that what we're going with? Is that? Does MG want that known that you you're telling customers that this is a supercar. What do you think defines a supercar? Um?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's got acceleration like a supercar.
Speaker 2: But how would you define it?
Speaker 3: I think the supercar is a well rounded vehicle. I don't know that this.
Speaker 2: Is that sounds like that's just like, yeah, I guess this is a supercar. Champea just ruffle his hair, get out of here, Skelly wags, you know, thanks for that supercar.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Look, I think it has to do more than you just go fast in a straight line.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I was thinking about this, and I think anything that is pretty much out of the box that you can competitively take this to the track and on the road. Like I'm talking like a proper. Yeah, I don't think track a weapon, and this is not a track car. How do you think it would go on the track.
Speaker 3: It'd be interesting that breaks, it's got Brenbo branded breaks, but the actual road, the actual the actual pads are pretty small. I think that it would have to have pretty good EV system cooling or will drive pretty big battery a lot of car and draw for that constant acceleration. The thing that kind of annoyed me for day to day stuff is just not being able to see the screens.
Speaker 2: Like behind the steering wheel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everything's in the way, and it's so complicated, needlessly complicated that I just think that they could have maybe cleaned that up a little bit. I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Ye, that didn't bother me strangely enough, I know what you mean though, Like technically it is behind the wheel and it is sort of like you kind of peek in here and there. I was surprised that this thing has got wired Apple car play, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's annoying.
Speaker 2: That's for one hundred and twenty thousand dollars for a twenty twenty five car. Like produce a live on and I went to the press launch of this and it was a great press launch, like, wow, the best I've ever been to. They pulled out all stops. It was amazing. Right, there was a lady with a floating stage playing playing a violin like twenty meters off the ground. There was bizarre went straight from there to film the Jaguar ad Yeah, that's right. I don't think it's funny because I don't think that press launch needed to be that ritzy, because I think the car spoke for itself. I think it's the car is it actually holds.
Speaker 3: Its own right.
Speaker 2: I think the doors, I think it's cool looking and I think the doors are great. The most interesting first pressure impression ever was driving in this and taking it down the back streets and you're sort of going, say fifty k's and it's a quiet it's a quite relaxing ride, and I've never really had that with a convertible before. You know, there's always a lot of there's a lot of noise. Generally the engine is behind the seats and there's a lot of stuff going on. It's actually quite relaxing. I think as a daily it's it's really good. I didn't get annoyed too much at all by the screens behind the steering wheel. Funny enough because I do get it. The parking was yeah, I mean that's where you're looking at the parking and those screens are quite small, aren't they.
Speaker 3: But well, I'm curious, Live, what did you think about it?
Speaker 2: Jump on the mic, come on over Live. Was at the press launch.
Speaker 3: What do you think? What do you think?
Speaker 4: I think? Looks wise, it was great. The door, the scissor doors, scissor doors were fantastic. I loved those. Gord, he looks good in it.
Speaker 2: You look good.
Speaker 4: It's all right. And Carlstopanovic was at the press law that was that was something.
Speaker 3: But the only funny guy in the room.
Speaker 2: Yep, that was right.
Speaker 3: Boom, that's enough, very good.
Speaker 2: I did Actually I did actually ask him where he got his fake hair from and he said far Lap. He went down to the Melbourne Museum and just pinched a bit off far far Up's cubes.
Speaker 3: It stuck that on his head. Good. But yeah, I think, yeah, I'm keen to spend a bit more time in it. But we are actually using it in an upcoming drag racing series that we're doing, so we'll chat about that in the next episode as well. Because I'm kid to see how it goes.
Speaker 2: I think this is as a daily around the streets, as a convertible goes, as a you know, a proper driver's car. And that's the thing. That's this thing. I know it doesn't compete with saying m X or a Porsche Boxter, but I.
Speaker 3: Still see it's own niche. Really you think about it, there are no other convertible electric cars that are fast and supercars.
Speaker 2: So and by the way, that's that's it. That's probably the only thing that that the speed on that with the roof off, like if you're really going to cane that it's it's it's so bloody quick. It's ballistically quick. And I don't know about you. You're a tall, massive dude, and I am like a smurf. And yet I still found this My head was kind of going over the window a little bit. I've found it really weird. And you can't think the seats down exactly.
Speaker 3: What's because of the batteries. It doesn't have a like a windbreak at the back, so you're constantly getting like just buffeting inside the car.
Speaker 2: So I thought visually though, you can definitely like it's it's great. You can see all around you. Yeah, I feel like this is a strong car.
Speaker 3: Is it worth the price?
Speaker 2: Oh that was a quick one hundred and twenty thousand dollars and LIVEO says, no, interesting, what would you buy instead?
Speaker 3: Can I work on yeap in the convertible? Faith?
Speaker 4: Oh that's a tough one, because there isn't It is different.
Speaker 3: In its own Yeah, because you go like m X five and then it's Boxer, which is going electric now as well.
Speaker 2: But how much is a Boxer? That's more like one hundred and sixty one undred.
Speaker 3: If you want a good one, but then new electric one will be expensive. So yeah, it's kind of it's a own niche.
Speaker 2: Look, I think it's still just that's it.
Speaker 3: You don't get to.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, sorry, I didn't mean that. Yeah, sorry, say what you can, says Okay, whatever, let's keep going. This is still a roads to car. I think it's expensive, but it's it's a beautiful car. I think it's well done. I think a lot of people have put a lot of hard work into this. I think it feels great on the road. I haven't put it to a drag test on a fucking airfield in the middle of god knows where. Yeah, but I think they've done a good job. I think they I actually think they'll sell a bunch of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I think they've sold out the first allocations.
Speaker 2: So right, So yeah Genesis this week, my time is rapping on the Genesis.
Speaker 3: They want it back.
Speaker 2: I'm about to send it home, send it back to.
Speaker 3: The salath, just for a last blow dry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cut and blow My dog, My little puppy.
Speaker 3: Little little dripper's going to be sad. Oh.
Speaker 2: I took him for a spin the other day, got a little bit of cappuccino on his nose, stop it off, and got him a puppy chino. So it's look, it's been going nice, it's been going well. Yeah. What one thing I'll tell you if you ever get the GV sixty, don't get as much as the cream interior looks good, oh cream, stop it. As much as the cream interior looks good, looks so good against sicy skin, the cream interior looks good. But the carpets in it as plush as they are. Man, they're fucking hard to keep clean. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I often wonder with that. If you have a light colored into who cleans that stuff? You got a kid? What is in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've always wanted the tan interior in the say the BMW's or like the Porsches for instance. But hmm, interesting that carpet. That carpet anyway, So the genesis is going good.
Speaker 3: Have we got any questions? Oh yeah, we should have a little sticky.
Speaker 2: Oh we've got a We've got a question here from producer Livo. What's your favorite Carlube? Well, I can tell you my favorite carlob Settle up, ladies, I'll tell you my favorite nano tailored oil. Is it omits to now?
Speaker 3: Gordon? Just just a quick one? Oh yeah, please brought to my attention. Yes, do you know Ossie seven hundred? Is that one of your little my.
Speaker 2: Little learner account, my little floozy just because oh no, somebody put a reviewer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've been left of you and I think it's another fake one. You know, we get lots of those. Oh yeah, totally titled Gordy kills it. Gordy, you make this such a great podcast to listen to. Spelt wrong. You all work great together.
Speaker 2: Sounds like me so far. So that was the tell tells me look at that someone I spelled is good but with an emoji?
Speaker 3: I do prefer. Gordy is a tip rat and Gordy is spelt Jordie.
Speaker 2: So good, there's no lies there so far.
Speaker 3: Contacted the Driver's Show If you have any questions for.
Speaker 2: Us, yeap Contacted the Drivers Show dot com dot au is our email like rate review? What else do they need to do to get us to number one? Tell their friends about it, share.
Speaker 3: It or else?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh man, Christmas is coming up? God? Are you going away? No? I'm doing many road trips, many in the guinnesis no watch this space interesting, some exciting, some exciting cars to come some some big cars, some very big cars. Interesting okay, some cars we might have talked about on the show today.
Speaker 3: Interesting okay.
Speaker 2: Looking forward to telling you all about it very soon. Yeah. Thanks for listening everyone, Rate review and share that would be good. Contact at the drivershow dot com dot au See you next time. Thanks for tuning in to The Drivers Show.
Speaker 1: Proudly sponsored by it Amitsu Nano Taylor Oil, Experience, the power of precision and over one hundred years of engineering expertise. Want to know more so it Amitsu Nano Taylor Oil A you today