Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Stop stop giving hints, You've got to stop the Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: James Herd flushed my head down the toilet.
Speaker 4: I have secured the station. Captain goes down with the station.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one four point three.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning, Monday morning. Welcomeel to the Christian o'connells Show. We are back and we are world record holders. Do you know normally if you're a world record holder, you get credited to on you the person done it. Now that we are the most lockdown sit in the world, all, every single person here in Melbourne is part of that world record attempt.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, guys.
Speaker 4: Do we share the certificate one day each over a year.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, jack Good to see you guys.
Speaker 4: How are welcome back? Patsy yay? Hey sorry, oh, someone's a little bit rusty after Saturdays. Very much.
Speaker 5: We'll have it far and by night. I'm sure.
Speaker 4: Guys, what was in this lockdown week off that we've just had, right, Jackie boy, what was the single most enjoyable thing you did?
Speaker 3: I have a brand new obsession table tennis.
Speaker 5: Awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got communal table tennis tables put in Cobourg sousing where under the station. You know how they raised the rail line up above our houses under the station. They put all these public amedis.
Speaker 4: About two years ago you read to man the street you wrote a protest song. The way that the man buys you is with a free table tennis. Oh oh wow, take that barricade down. It's irresponsible.
Speaker 3: I'd take back what I said about that.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 3: I was at the skyrail, but now on pro skyrail because of all the public ammenities underneath.
Speaker 4: Dog the sis need to do another monorail episode.
Speaker 3: But ping Pong is the main one, and we got out.
Speaker 4: We ordered ping pong. It's the future. Get in now, kids, Get in now, ping pong.
Speaker 3: We ordered our bats last Monday and we have.
Speaker 4: We've ordered them.
Speaker 2: You've got to supply your own.
Speaker 4: You got to bring your own back on COVID friendly, bring your own ball. You can't just leave bats hanging around. Ping pong properly, guys, that's what I say. Three peaks, ping pong properly.
Speaker 3: It's in sound. Bats arrived last week. We've played every day.
Speaker 4: O course, I bet, and who's who's better?
Speaker 3: The anchor had a table to this table as a kid growing up, so she's naturally got more skills than me.
Speaker 5: Oh that's got it, just got.
Speaker 4: Her, it does.
Speaker 3: But because she's pregnant and she's getting heavier and heavier every day.
Speaker 4: Man as well, because she's pregnant, the fourhands are a bit off.
Speaker 3: She's getting slower, and.
Speaker 5: There's two of you in there, another ace, another ace.
Speaker 3: I think by the end of the pregnancy, I'll be winning more regularly because at the moment I'm getting handed to me.
Speaker 4: Wow. And other people down the plane as well. That also been sot that also got brought out by the Man No. One of the table tennis sets called the Man owns you enjoy your game.
Speaker 3: I hate when we see other people down there because I don't want other people to watch. So I wait until you know what we've been doing keeping our alarm clock for five am and going out at six in the morning.
Speaker 4: What all right? Do you know what already? You're spoiling me. I was worried that the in the week we've had off, we can't do a lot. We might be a little bit lighting material. Today he's been keeping that alarm going. I smashed mine seven days ago.
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Yester Evening, Jack Post sent me an email just a couple of things you know he was thinking about, maybe worth talking about from him on the show.
Speaker 5: One of them.
Speaker 4: Simply was the subject heading was my hot water keeps turning off. Our whole water keeps turning off, and it's getting more frequent. I remember looking at that and almost wanted to just shut the laptop and cry and sob why not seven days off? And this is the hot materials? Hey, do it feels like I'm on to a landlord. Hot water keeps turning off seven o'clock, so it's the big one out of goals, virtue hot water.
Speaker 5: What is the temperature of Jack's water?
Speaker 4: Guess right, wim big buddy cash, Now you tell me you've kept a five am five am alarm call normally reserved for this show. Your job. Your new table tennis bats please rewind. They've got new table tennis community table tennis tabletops.
Speaker 3: They've put them in Coburg and Brunswick. Anybody can go to them, but you have to have your own bats and ball. The morning is actually the best time to play because less chance that other people are there. The sun is coming up and it's beautiful in the morning. It's hitting underneath.
Speaker 5: I love a sunrise when it HiT's ping pong.
Speaker 3: Oh, realistically, six thirty, we've been out there. The other thing that's really important, really important.
Speaker 4: He's got another one for us. Perhaps it's anyone writ and he's down. If it was make he's come down from the mountain in which somethings to be preserved on a tablet?
Speaker 5: What is it? Moses?
Speaker 3: Anyone who's played table tennis outside would know that.
Speaker 5: They know you all know, guys, they're in the know.
Speaker 3: As soon as there's wind, it makes it very difficult to play because the ball goes anywhere.
Speaker 5: It's the enemy of ping pong.
Speaker 3: So getting up early the wind is low in the morning.
Speaker 5: I don't know why that sounds, but the sun's coming.
Speaker 3: Up, the sun's coming up, there's no wind. Best time of day to play because if you're waiting for the afternoon, the trees could be windy. That's a sign.
Speaker 4: And that's why they have those Olympic tournaments in a Winfrey shielding unit, don't they.
Speaker 3: I Actually, you've been spending a lot of my time over the last week standing at the shutters, looking at at the trees moving because if they're not moving, oh yeah, it's a great time to play there.
Speaker 4: Now, if you were seventy nine, that's a good day. That's the highlight of your day. You in your thirties would mean looking at the trees like, come on, go grab the bats.
Speaker 3: As soon as the trees are still, it means it's good weather for table tennis and you should get out.
Speaker 5: There looking through the shutters. Okay, this is a dream condition. Is it north northwest? Northwest?
Speaker 4: You want no wind breaking or quicker?
Speaker 3: Then the other thing, the other problem is if other people are on the tables. It's actually great that you have to bring your own bats, because it discourages people from playing because not everybody has their own bats.
Speaker 4: I got it, outsiders.
Speaker 3: What happened is we were playing table tennis and some kids rode rode up on their bikes, devastating and they were sort of circling around us and then started asking like how long?
Speaker 4: This an eighties movie?
Speaker 5: I think this is the plot to The Lost Boy?
Speaker 4: Did someone get switch?
Speaker 5: Played? You cycle around someone menacingly?
Speaker 3: They gave me a double wedgie. They started saying, hey, when are you gonna when you're gonna leave, can we play? So we said, all right, we have one more set, and it's it's really not great.
Speaker 4: Comeback.
Speaker 5: By the way, what have burn? That must have get those kids peddling?
Speaker 3: Anyway, So we played out and then we finished and walked away. And then as we were walking away, I said to be wait, wait on a second, watch them for a little bit. I don't think they have bats, And they did it. They just had a tennis ball and they were using their hands to hit back and forth.
Speaker 5: Over the Trea table tennis.
Speaker 3: That should be against the rules. Well, it is against the rules because you don't have the bats, you shouldn't be able to use the table. They're not even playing.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you've turned into Neil Mitchell's Find me happened?
Speaker 6: They say what we resist persist the Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Say about your new obsession in table tennis and your community table tennis. I feel sorry for the dog. I take it.
Speaker 5: Luna can't come out.
Speaker 3: They can then, because she eat the ball we bought it the first time. Only come because anytime you hit it off the table chase she's there and she chooses in her mouth she must.
Speaker 4: Be gutted because she'll see you getting ready to go out to the park and suddenly you like shut the door on her face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been hard for her, but she compromises the balls come.
Speaker 4: I just turned a quick look on Google, right, and I found an article seven most Fascinating Facts about table tennis.
Speaker 5: Right. Did you know?
Speaker 4: By the way, I didn't know this. It's the most popular indoor sport in the world.
Speaker 3: Oh really?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay? And there are sixteen thousand different varieties of rubbers for those bats.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 4: Well, you know that the skins that you have on your backs you can have different types and grades, can you yeah? Oh yeah, yeah. Also, I didn't know there was sixteen thousand. And it was originally called whiff whaff when it was invented in the eighteen eighties in England. I think it was invented originally played in a library when they would use a table and books, and the books made the name of with it sort of made a name like with whaff as they were hitting the balls, and I think that's why it was called originally with whaff.
Speaker 3: Is that what it said or is that what you just aid?
Speaker 4: The pub told me that one. I was just chucking in because the the fascinating facts was done as anything. Patsy, what it was the single highlight for you in your week's break mate? What did you enjoy doing?
Speaker 2: We click and collected some gravity chairs. If you're not aware what gravity chairs are, they're like the new butte sort of banana lounges outdoor chairs that are reclining outdoor chair.
Speaker 4: You see they call gravity chairs, but colaners have been around since they.
Speaker 3: Think of an outdoor chairs, these aren't.
Speaker 4: These are its gravity.
Speaker 3: Chair unless you're actually hovering off the.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's like back to the future. They can get the trainers that made us offer a gravity chair.
Speaker 2: We cracked them out at Warriby South Beach yesterday. So they're like the old banana lounge. But remember the banana lounges in the eighties were sort of low to the ground. These are like a normal outdoor chair and they have like a foot so you can go clock and put your legs up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've got two of those.
Speaker 4: Those real sort of there terrifying anytime I open them or put them away, You're terrified you're gonna lose fingers because you only managine a Concertina up about half the way and you think, oh, there's a kind of fit in the car, but it won't.
Speaker 5: It's like it's teasing you going. You know, you've got to come back to me and.
Speaker 4: Squish up like and any day you survive. We don't get your fingers sliced up closing those things. But perhaps we've got there's some old cheap thing. I think like sixty bucks. Each's got a foot rest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're not much and you've got three set them right.
Speaker 4: I'm not defining gravity, oh not een on musk leaving the Earth stratosphere.
Speaker 5: I'm just reclining.
Speaker 3: Also, I think people are enjoying the banana lounge because it gets you close to the sand and it gets you in a relaxed position.
Speaker 2: No, like a bit of wind under me.
Speaker 3: You've got like a barber's chair down at the beach.
Speaker 2: Jack mine was nearly flat yesterday.
Speaker 3: It was brilliant. Now, son, people are going to mistake you for the lifeguard?
Speaker 4: Are they getting haircuts?
Speaker 6: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Jackie Boys just had a look on Google. Puts at your anti gravity chairs. They're recliners. And tell you what though, isn't the world a better place when you're in a recliner.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I love a recliners. Cheap, the cheaper the better.
Speaker 4: Those plastic ones that creak a bit as you out and we're going to break this thing like those.
Speaker 3: I love those, but it does. You're exactly right about the collapsible ones. They just worry me about terrifying, like packing it.
Speaker 5: Up, absolutely terrified.
Speaker 3: Is it coming in some sort of bag pat the ones that you have to the camping chairs that you have to get back inside the bag in the first place.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the same with whenever we've been camping. We're not camping people, so we always have to borrow stuff, right and that when you've got to fold that tent up that was in that little backpack, you're like, this doesn't this just like in that movie Apollo Third Team where he goes, you know, he chucks all that stub and he goes make it work. Nuts Hanks is up there with Kevin Bacon.
Speaker 3: I had the worst tent once that was advertised itself as no poles. It's just you just folded up. Yeah, it's so easy to get up. You pull it out and it's like.
Speaker 4: It's like a jackular bott and You're like, surely I press a button. Then it reverses that at the end of it, like your hoover, you know, where you put the foot on that thing and it sucks the corder.
Speaker 3: A special maneuver you have to do to get it back in the bag is impossible. We ended up just pushing almost a fully made tent into the suit.
Speaker 4: Like a sausage where you're trying to thumb the meat into the skin.
Speaker 5: Again, it's awful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this thing, it said, all we need to do is fold it a bean c And then when anything says simple.
Speaker 5: Easy steps, you're like this the opposite.
Speaker 4: And so at one point my wife was lying on me. It's standing up like I was trying to do some jiu jitsu standing it lego like twister to move something in exactly nineteen point nine degrees southwesterly. And then my wife lost to bants one point and it all just popped up again. We're trying to fold you away.
Speaker 3: You damn ten. I think you've got the same one as well, because the instructions actually start with the tent fully made. Yeah, he's just picking up the side and sat.
Speaker 4: YouTube video and in the end, I said, how much was this. Should we just buy them a new one and burn it.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Of the last couple of Mondays. We've been doing these.
Speaker 4: They're called mash ups, where you take two completely different songs from two very wildly different genres and then put them together, sometimes even different decades, and you create a new song like the one We laughed and when We Last Died, This Amy Winehouse Rehab, and then that when Whams Wake me Up, you have this wake me up before you rehab. This is great works we have now not all of them sound as good as this. You've got some brand new ones that's going through them.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Listen to Simon who sts this one great song first of all Earth Wind and Fire September. This is a when I hear a song like this, it makes me look forward to a time when we can actually get dressed up to go out. You know, that is a song We just got out of the shower. You're putting on your clothes. You've got some after shave, you're shaving this. Maybe it's just me, but that's the way a gentleman like me and English gentleman likes to do it Earth, Wind and fire will meet the food fighters.
Speaker 5: What it's just the suddenly paid the next morning when you learn to walk together, putting together, you've got this?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: What same?
Speaker 5: This was wind and foa. This is brilliant, all right.
Speaker 4: Listen, James has got this one, Taylor Swift, We are never getting back together. It's the sound of.
Speaker 5: The summer kids.
Speaker 4: Get on it.
Speaker 5: It's gonna break big, I just know it.
Speaker 4: Kids, very huge to get on it now, sound of the Summer twenty one kids.
Speaker 5: Along with them, tall stink fist.
Speaker 4: Is that the first time the world stink fish? As the station heads towards thirteeth, we are ruining it with stink fist? Know this song?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 7: Love it? Yeah?
Speaker 5: It's down the summer kids.
Speaker 4: To be honest, So that any of us ever heard that song? I have, and I'm alright with that. I'm alright saying that. What do you do when you put them together? What is this girl?
Speaker 5: Sound like? The two of them together?
Speaker 4: It's called we are Never getting told together. I don't like that.
Speaker 5: That's enough.
Speaker 4: That's too much of Spring, Pretty Fly for a White Guy and Respute and Resputing great songs off Spring, Pretty Fly for a White guy, you.
Speaker 5: Got pretty fly for a resputian.
Speaker 7: That is slick, This is brilliant.
Speaker 5: That is best in class this week. Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: As you find them on YouTube or on the internet, email them to me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot A you thank you.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: I don't say welcome back, but you might still been here last week.
Speaker 4: It's such an arrogant thing when you come back in the radio and everyone's back because we're back talking, you know, and you probably have been sat there staring forlornly at the radio like a dog waiting for its master return up.
Speaker 3: I'm more the talking be back.
Speaker 5: Huggy gave away the big price last week.
Speaker 4: Sure that you don't take seven days off in radio. That is pennies from a dead man's eyes, Huggy, I thought you were a friend. The smitt he's always in here, smiling, pat me on the back when the results are out.
Speaker 5: Now I know the moment I'm out of here, he's given.
Speaker 4: We went out and did the video for the walkthrough. We always do.
Speaker 3: We did the hard work. We went out to that mansion.
Speaker 4: And go and do those videos out there with the Matt's a home, Shuggy, don't just show that up on the finish line giving away the big prize. The moment we're out of here, he must have been going into the boss going on, Yeah, got to wait seven days, Let Huggy do it. I've been here, you know, thirty years coming up, man, and boy, I was looking forward to come back this week.
Speaker 5: And doing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He probably the best thing. He gives always like a Phil Collins Best of CD. And now he's jumped up to the four million dollar home.
Speaker 4: That was too much. That's too much. Come on now you can deal with him when he comes in for his Monday morning Brisbane Lines Updated news. Everybody, we come back with good news. We're all, every single one of us here in this city. We are all now joint world record holders. Baby see Argentina losers. That's see how many days in lockdown?
Speaker 2: Two one hundred and forty six says of midnight.
Speaker 4: As of this midnight or midnight we just had that. We just had two hundred and forty six days.
Speaker 3: And should we retire now?
Speaker 4: Not out only if only there's people stiff? Is this the month? Is this the month October? Is it? Dare we believe? Dare we dream? Is it? Three weeks time?
Speaker 3: I thought it? Oh, what's November five?
Speaker 2: That's well, that is out of our out of lockdown twenty six. They ease a few more restrictions, so we just dip our tone.
Speaker 4: Ten of us picnics together. Tell them what these picnics are really popular? Aren't they anyone else? See the influx in picnics everywhere? Who knew that we really really love a good old picnic.
Speaker 3: We were desperate for a picnic.
Speaker 4: And also some people bring a blanket. Most people just bring booze. There's no food. See some people with like sort of charcoutery boards and stuff like that. Really going towards the nod towards it is actually at least pretend it's a picnic.
Speaker 5: Rather it's the booze up in a Parkay.
Speaker 3: I never thought. Remember your girls bought you as a gift that picnic basket set, but they would never go on a picnic with you, surely now as a pig. So the only thing we can do you've used the picnic basket.
Speaker 4: No, I feel too English being seen. I've got one of those call bags. I can't open up a wicker basket. Frilling it had free. I don't mind the frills, it's the wicker basket. I can't just walk along a beach and start opening up a wicker basket.
Speaker 5: It's not the same.
Speaker 4: It's got all the plates are sort of in place, you know, one those where they've got straps, and it looks it's too organized, it's too English.
Speaker 5: And then I start going.
Speaker 4: Hey, rather do you see the d's when it weekend? They got it up there, Oh sixty years drought. I've been a fan for thirty six months. Would you like some of my manchaga and quints?
Speaker 5: I can't do that, Jock fair enough. This is too it's too English.
Speaker 4: It's achingly English, isn't it a wicker hamper pic nic set? So there are other world records now that we do. Actually we are the most lockdown city in the world. There are other world records that you might not know that Melbourne holds. Did you know that Melbourne also hosts the world record for the largest gathering of tall people?
Speaker 5: This screams of a radio prank.
Speaker 4: This is Hamish Nandy, you guys back in two thousand and nine. This is a whiff I've never heard of the gathering is aware. We all smell out of a breakfast show running out of it ears towards the end of the year.
Speaker 3: I did work at Fox when they did the largest gathering of redheaded people.
Speaker 4: And that is what year and decade was that? Red headed people? What are you rounding them up to do? Depete Nott't taking away somewhere to a camp. No more of fast story? And then what did you do to them? You're just following orders? Did you listen to his squeaky voice, We're just following orders. Let's move on. Most people doing chest pumps and fat all of these. And I get to this one fastest one hundred meters by a pantomime horse. The name that crops up here Shane Crawford, Legacy craw That's Legacy. And then I love this because we were talking about totem tennis the other week on the show.
Speaker 5: You know, I went out and brought one, Oh.
Speaker 3: How's it going?
Speaker 4: What's it?
Speaker 3: Because we had nostalgic that It was the most nostalgic fever.
Speaker 4: I built that thing on the first day of our break right. It was a beautiful sunny Saturday morning, right, and come on, come on, I've reinvented the wheel good time.
Speaker 5: But hey, they were indoors within two minutes.
Speaker 4: It is. It was like a one night stand. I should not have gone back to that did not get it's even this morning I was letting the dog out. It's like a museum of a sad.
Speaker 5: Old toy story thing.
Speaker 4: It must be. It looks all draping and that with no one to play it.
Speaker 3: So did you at least play in your own because it.
Speaker 4: Was like you can't Dad in his forties by him out just whacking it. It's so much fun and then it gets tangled up really quickly, got under it all.
Speaker 5: But it's just not it's just not now.
Speaker 3: Give it to us to borrow. I'll get more day all right?
Speaker 4: Coming up next to and some other world records that Australia owns.
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Talking about how we are new world record holders here in Melbourne, the city with the longest lockdown now so two hundred and forty six.
Speaker 5: Days back to yep, to forty six meanwhile, so.
Speaker 4: You don't feel too bad because obviously you know, I know the rest of the world is opening up and opened up in various places, but in the UK it is chaos. Speaking to my mom and dad weekend, there is a fuel crisis obviously post brexit. When they said, hey, you lot go back home to Europe, they're now ringing the about going actually, can some of you come back to try these lorries and like do a lot of other stuff. We didn't know just kind of just we meant go back over there for a bit, I'm thinking about it, and then get back here because there's no one's Boris mors.
Speaker 3: Can't you foresee that stuff as well? Like don't do excel stations, go hey, we're getting low. Can someone bring some new stuff?
Speaker 4: Yep. So apparently my dad said a week ago Boris appeared on TV. So that's how powerfully is he just took control of the BBC one and said, you don't need to worry about this.
Speaker 5: It's a media storm. So I'm all right, what is the guy Johns?
Speaker 4: Fair enough? And then suddenly five days they got actually I've called the army in wait what happened to don't worry about it? The army? The army? And did the army they train for this? Well? You know where did you serve I with three tours in cow text Frankston, you weren't there, man.
Speaker 3: Just digging in a part of England. Yes, fine, Oil and middle.
Speaker 4: Will be running them. What do you hold a mass? Bor and pumped for Get down, you maggot. And then over the weekend Boris Johnson has been holed over the cold and it's rare that a politician is actually honest. This is barely believable what we're now on the TV of the weekend.
Speaker 9: I've giving you the most important metric, which is I mean, never mind life expectancy never mind? Uh uh, you know cancer out comes? Or look at look at wage growth?
Speaker 5: Can we go how much a we are earning right now as white people?
Speaker 4: Huh? Forget about the old What is it? Did you say life expectancy and cancer outcomes? It was spits out the word cancer outcomes. Sorry again, Boris.
Speaker 9: I've giving you the most important metric, which is I mean, never mind life expectancy, never mind.
Speaker 4: You cancer out comes? Look at look at wage growth? Wow?
Speaker 5: Okay, so now that we're world record holders, ever.
Speaker 4: World records, you might not training mines for verious parts of Australia largest skinny dip.
Speaker 3: Well you didn't tell us about the total tennis. So I started just telling us about your totem tennis in your backyard.
Speaker 4: Seven hours and thirty five minutes right here in Melbourne, the longest ever game.
Speaker 5: I don't know. That can't be a continuous game.
Speaker 3: It must be continuous. It's too easy to be.
Speaker 4: You can't keep playing it because it just goes up. One worthy the other weren't there. It's not the world's longest rally where they're both so evenly matched. It was Nadal and Federer.
Speaker 3: It must be a rally because else we could beat it today by just going eight hours.
Speaker 4: Producers, can we look at There's no way it's a rally. I've seen how hard it is to get it going, keep it going for like ten seconds. But the world record is here in Melbourne. Other world records around Australia largest skinny dip and seven hundred and eighty six nude people flocked to South Beach in Berth to break the work all for the world's largest skinny dip.
Speaker 5: Together.
Speaker 4: This is one too proud of Australia. Most swords swallowed underwater because obviously maybe the guy saw the ones how many swords there are above land and thought I'm gonna go one better. I'm gonna be underwater. Shane verticom as the space Cowboy, Shane holding from Byron Bay, swallowed four swords as weights held him underwater in the deep diving pool. Did they closed the pool? Although where people have their normal like water ropes doing down there, you can't bring you can't bring swords into a pool. Is he even held down by weight? But this is the really big one. You know, as the world looks to Australian things sometimes that what has gone on over there? This is something proud of Actually largest simultaneous car tire burnouts.
Speaker 5: Why is it more of this man?
Speaker 4: Why is it there a giant tie somewhere marking this for future generations. Australia holds the record for the world's largest largest simultaneous car type bird out of course it does a total of one hundred and twenty six vehicles destroyed their tires for the record. In Canberra, the home of our home of democracy and also world rerecord, told us fort burnouts.
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Over a lot of wheat break we had.
Speaker 4: Then I went to the Royal Botanical Gardens right, and I've been there once before. I think about the first year that we moved here, and it's beautiful, right. And then because we had some time off and we could move out a bit more and within fifteen k I saw that it was within my fifteen k. So I went one day by myself for a couple of hours. There's been six hours in there. It's reading a book. I had lunch in there. If you if you can go to it, right, it is beautiful, you are. That is a hidden gem of Melbourne. Right, they're all botanical guides. It's amazing in there, right. And when I parked out, I saw the name of the road. It's the main road apart are right, And I was just looking. I was starving, right, I was looking for something to eat and I found You know, these days people are just blessed them. They're trying to just make money at the moment. And so what would have been a bustling restaurant or a cafe. It's a kind of like doorway or window, isn't it with a head you know, and they're pivoting. Was still pivoting this year to try and make some money. There was a there was a there was a lady in just a doorway right with a table a till, and she was selling food and so I'm starving. I saw that there was a sausage roll there, and so I said, oh, are they nice? As she goes yes, She sort of looked at me.
Speaker 5: Like what what am I going to say?
Speaker 4: No, it's dogged her ten bucks. She went, yeah, they are, They're my sausage roll. So I went, all right, what's your name?
Speaker 5: Is her name?
Speaker 4: She said, my name's Hidi, And I said I can have some ketch up with that as well. She went, I make my own reddish and it wasn't like one of those. Would you like some? And I went, I'll have that then as well, and so I ate it and it was that the greatest sausage role I've ever had. It was amazing. Right, it's a one seven nine to Main Road. If you ever can go down the Botanical guys, go and get a sausage roll there.
Speaker 3: Oh, usually some sometimes people give the name of the restaurant. I couldn't find a chat decription of where you can find it.
Speaker 4: One seven nine. That's all I know about it. It mayn't be called one seven nine mate. It's South Yarrett. It may be called one seven nine. Make sure you get Heidie's Reddish as well with that sausage roll. Anyway, spending a lot of time. Three days at my seven days off, I spent in the orbitterny.
Speaker 3: Well, it sounds like you're just trying to avoid your family.
Speaker 4: No No, I took my wife there and we had a lovely time as well. But as I was wandering around, you got trees all over the world, sometime are like two hundred years old or one hundred and fifty years old. There's one part by the Duke of York in nineteen oh four, and some of them made me actually quite homesick because there was a couple of big British oaks there that you know you grow up with in England. They're everywhere, and I was always wandering around. I saw there are these park benches everywhere, and you've got all kinds of people sat on them having a nice time enjoying these stunning views all around the gardens.
Speaker 5: And I was sat on them.
Speaker 4: I always do you do this when you sit on a free bench, it's dedicated by somebody.
Speaker 3: Usually a plaque.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I always have a read of it, just to go, you know, you see how what kind of life they had, how long they were live or sometimes it's two people, sometimes a couple. And as I was on the benches, as I spent quite a lot of time on the right, I was actually wondering about who some of these people are. And I took a photo of one of them I was sat on yesterday. It was a memory of Dr Newman Pincus, who lived from nineteen twenty two to two thousand and three, and Lee Pinkers, who lived from nineteen twenty seven to twenty nineteen. So whoever the lean Pinkers was, and I guess maybe his wife, And then the inscription said together in their beloved botanical guards.
Speaker 5: I was thinking, Wow, that's amazing.
Speaker 4: There must have been couples who've been on dates here and then got married to their kids there and maybe maybe grandkids. It's been there so long. And I was thinking these park benches, I've seeing them in England where they're dedicated to people. How do they actually.
Speaker 3: What happened to organize that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? How do you get a park bench? Is it something in your will? Is it in money? Thing?
Speaker 3: Because twenty nineteen as well means that park bench is newly Yes, all the park plark, isn't you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I'm curious to know.
Speaker 4: Does anyone know of a family member or maybe would know someone else, a relative who actually has a bench anywhere, not just botanical gods, anywhere. I'm dying to know. You see these benches, They're dedicated to people all over the world, and if you thought about, I know there must be one hundreds. They're everywhere in the botanical guns, each one of them, whether it's one person. There was a guy from nineteen nineteen fifteen is Born who died in two thousand, Robbie Robertson. I've got no idea about this guy. I was like, what kind of life? What did he do with his time on earth? And so yeah, does anyone know anything? How do you go about getting a park bench dedicated to yourself or your wife, or to your mum or dad.
Speaker 6: I'd love to know, well, Christian no connell show podcasts.
Speaker 4: You know park benches or even just benches wherever they are all over the world, they're often dedicated to somebody. I always have a nose at them, and yesterday I was in the raw Botanical Guards, I was actually looking at them. They can how do you go about actually getting one of these benches. What a lovely thing to leave behind that you can provide a resting point or a viewpoint for anyone who's a bit tired so want to have a little sit down and chat with somebody.
Speaker 5: Pass it. I bet you and Chris would love that.
Speaker 4: Would you?
Speaker 2: I'd love one of these that was on notting Hill. Remember your favorite movie Yep, they had a bench dedicated.
Speaker 3: I think it's.
Speaker 4: Beauty for you and Chris though, who now, why are you a week off? You've got those well you were sold them. They were all recliners, but you have sold them as anti gravity chairs. Maybe two of those, you know park bench is only it's great, but it's locked in one.
Speaker 3: They don't.
Speaker 4: They don't. Recly, maybe the world needs dedicated memorial recliners. Actually, maybe there's a thing we just speak to the council. Can we do such a thing. I'd tell I find any kind of chair or bench auld be a recliner, because.
Speaker 3: Then people would know that your loved ones really really.
Speaker 4: Love this guy really loves it. He loved to just sit back and relax.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 4: Literally, we'll try to trying to find out this morning. Then how do you go about getting one of those. Brad, good morning, Hey Christian, how are I'm good? Brad?
Speaker 5: Thanks for calling the show. So what can you tell us?
Speaker 4: Brad?
Speaker 8: H Yeah, the ample made a park bench for his deceased wife and he applied two council into Long and they him and his wife used to go to Balian Sanctuary quite a lot which is a nice little park area into Long and uh, yeah they let him put uh this park but he made it himself. And yeah, they they let him uh put it put it in the in the sanctuary.
Speaker 4: A lovely thing of respect for him to do.
Speaker 8: I don't think anyone's going to do that for me.
Speaker 5: We will find a carpenter that will do that for you.
Speaker 4: Okay, just leak your details, get someone to call us when you kick the bucket and we go. Let's get brand that bench. All right, let's let's do it. Okay, so we will. We will look after you should anything, and let's hope it doesn't, Brad, but should anything happen, we'll shout your bench.
Speaker 3: Okay personally obviously, Brad. We couldn't build it, but maybe you won't.
Speaker 4: Kid, Yeah, do I care to memorial bench? We need the Smogan dog cha, Brad, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: You kill buddy, I take care of mate.
Speaker 4: What can you find this chack? How do you get out getting a memorial bench somewhere?
Speaker 3: So the botanical gardens in Victoria they're full up of chairs. They said, we don't want any more.
Speaker 5: So what was saying you and I can't build one? Just turn up with it. No, how are they gonna know?
Speaker 4: They're everywhere you put a little bit of varnish on it.
Speaker 7: They're not.
Speaker 5: They're not doing a bench count every night.
Speaker 3: Whatever bench we build, they'll be out of tail.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 3: So I've gone to other botanical gardens to see how they do it. And in Canberra you can still put the benches in. They just require a donation. So say you want your bench there for ten years with the plaque on it, you donate five thousand dollars and they'll build you the bench, they'll look after it. And then after ten years.
Speaker 5: What if I want one here in Melbourne?
Speaker 3: Well, there the botanical gardens are full. They actually this website says we don't we don't want any more benches than there.
Speaker 4: You know what we need to do is we need you to stop. We need to buite you much money talks and they're sitting in My friend, why don't we just bump someone off the wait list or take over the st give us more money, give it away a surprise. Don't wait until you're dead to have your own park bench for people to sit on it. Enjoy you, but imagine being alive. Put your email on there, or your TikTok hand or whatever. People go shout out, thanks for the seat. It was great fun.
Speaker 3: According to the camera botanical guards, you don't have to it doesn't have to be a memorial. It's just a celebration bench.
Speaker 4: I don't want my memorial living bench being in camera. Remember, has anyone got a nature strip that we can put our part bench on and give away and dedicate to a listener.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast turing.
Speaker 5: The week off.
Speaker 4: Then the first day I was off, I said to my look, I'm here. I'm available only part of anything that you know you've kept away from me because I've been doing the show.
Speaker 5: She said, great, Actually there is something I knew there was.
Speaker 4: Oh no, when I'm giving something, it's always like some horrible mission that she has not wanted to head on light and it's sound.
Speaker 5: Like you want it. You're around I superstar hero dad, good cop, deal with this one.
Speaker 3: That's why you have to. I always put my hand up for chores. You volunteer for tribute, for chores that you know are easier. I'll unpack the dishwasher and then you.
Speaker 4: Know that's a given. That's a given. And so she goes, actually, Ruby, this is our seventeen year old. Could you be in charge of supervising her revision all week straight? With my insides? Go a seventeen year old who doesn't want to be trapped indoors to then be in charge of marshaling them to revise for six to eight hours a day.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, I have skills.
Speaker 4: That is, there aren't any parenting books to help me about that. I went on to dr Google and this typeding revision techniques to see there was any kind of new TikTok or an app or anything that it is that old school stuff that we used to have.
Speaker 3: To do books.
Speaker 4: Oh those do.
Speaker 5: You remember the revision cards?
Speaker 3: Can you test me flash cards?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: So there's a lot of this test me and she going, you must have done this with your dad.
Speaker 3: Went never once I saw it in films.
Speaker 4: I had one of those dads. There was no test me. He would go test your what it's your it's your education. You saw I test yourself, son. So the test me and they're seeing those of those mind maps right her bedroom. I actually can collect her office work pats. You'll love this, buy a whole loading you a three of flip chart paper. She's got them stuck to wall. There's ten. Honestly looks like some sort of serial killers in that patroom. I'm like, maybe she is. She's like a sleeper setting there. I don't know who. The windows are all blacked out. It's the same thing, joint part of a spin to sell. There's Tenney's mind maps, all this kind. She's arising psychology, and so the first day of that she's really felt. I just show up like a supply teacher. Hey, she's what said? Your mom thought it would be a good idea. Already I'm nervous, a little bit cotton mouth. Oh opened the curtains. Beautiful day out there, whole life.
Speaker 5: Yeh, head are you? I thought we was gonna I it was a revision in charge of master.
Speaker 4: She's like, what this this is? Worn't it possible?
Speaker 5: I said, hey, I felt it going. How much would it cost me to pat.
Speaker 4: You to the revision and then just tell you, mom, I've done it.
Speaker 3: I'll put you on an Elie rate right now?
Speaker 4: What is it? She said? Right, okay, what are you going to be doing? I said, well, you know, I think you need a structure? Okay, you know so.
Speaker 3: You somebody else's.
Speaker 4: I'm sweat even talking about it. It took me two hours to work out and put in color coding to a Google calendar, right, because it worked out she was going to do test exams in the morning and the afternoon note taking and testing from me, right, So, so well let's have the morning session is different, so let's have that a certain color.
Speaker 5: She went, Okay, I'm.
Speaker 4: Like you already two hours this too? I said, how's it going? She was like, Dad, can't even work a calendar. I was going, there's a nice friendly color. So it doesn't feel like too homeworking.
Speaker 3: Let's not call it.
Speaker 4: Let's call it fun times nine to or twelve fun times or certain color coding. And then then she was like, well, when do I get down somewhere for four o'clock every day? That's your time, all right? So let's call that boyfriend time. So during the day I will make various random raids right with snacks and stuff like that, offerings to the spin to sell right, and they kept seeing her boyfriend right soon I was going, he's not until four o'clock. He's got his own color coding as well. This system almost brought me trying to write it for a seven days. That's what I've been hiding out. The botanically got.
Speaker 3: Any actual revision or is it just the structure for what should be done?
Speaker 5: We're running out of time, jaggers over the news brighter.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o'conlls show podcast.
Speaker 4: It's just another miss heard Maday. Christian O'Connell's miss herd lyrics every.
Speaker 5: Monday on the Christian o'clars Show.
Speaker 4: We are the home if your misheard lyrics. She send them in, we play them back. We hope we miss hear it like you if we do, if not, And for the really great ones Hall of Fame recent previous Hall of Famous for listener Tegan sit still look Pretty by da and I might love me some Salmonana, but I'm not that sugar sweep. And this one from Jewels, Peter Geriel Sledgehammer, I've been peeing in the river? Still good? That one? Now? That is maybe? By the way, if you never heard this feature, this is the sort of level of it. Let's get into this week, my friends. We go to Matthew Maroon five Sugar. When I'm without you, I'm something weak. When I'm without you, I'm soaked in wheat. She's left him and he is not handling it. Well, old peapants where dodges.
Speaker 7: Week?
Speaker 4: Wow? That is there. It's a very big love song. Now is that he took it really bad? Have you seen him recently?
Speaker 6: Where does?
Speaker 4: I'm never going to hear that song without thinking of that? Now, Well, strong start everyone, I'm sure we can all agree. Matt come on in favor. Adrian's got George Michael's fast love. And if you're looking for fast love, fast love in your eyes? Or is it? And if you're looking for fat slugs fat slugs in your eyes? Is it George Michael?
Speaker 3: Maybe one slug slug.
Speaker 5: Not slugs though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kim has got Lady Gaga an ariana grande rain on me. I'd rather be dry, but at least I'm alive. I'd rather be drunk, but at least I'm alive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we hear that one, Kim. What don't.
Speaker 4: All massive fans of Macamore here on this show, aren't we? Yeah, shout out the mac Macamore can't hold us, So we put our hands up.
Speaker 5: Like the ceiling can't hold us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, preach and put our hands up like the ceiling can holders.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I wasn't being sarcastic. I do like Macaelmore.
Speaker 4: Doesn't surprise me, doesn't surprise me, So we put our hands up like the silicon holders in our hands up like the ceiling can holders. Yeah, I hear silicon holders. Andrew Miller's got Bob Dynlan Lily Rosemary.
Speaker 5: In the Jack of Hearts. I mean Bob didn't lyrics.
Speaker 4: Bet. I don't think he even knows what we're saying sometimes, but apparently you're sure lyric Is Rosemary comb to hair and took a carriage into town?
Speaker 7: Rose Mary comb the hair and took a cabbage in do town?
Speaker 5: Or is it going to listener? Andrew Miller?
Speaker 4: Rosemary combed to hair and took a cabbage into town.
Speaker 7: Rose Mary comb the hair and took a cabbage and do town.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's one hundred percent there he's taking a cabbage into town. And finally, this week, Jared Christian I never even smashed mouth and the Backstreet Boys have beef together. So the original line is apparently so much to do, so much to see? So what's wrong with taking the backstreets.
Speaker 8: So much to decease?
Speaker 5: Theres wrong with taking the back streets?
Speaker 4: Or is it so much to do so much to see? So what's wrong with a Nick in the backstreets so much to do.
Speaker 7: So much decease?
Speaker 4: There was wrong with.
Speaker 7: Tak in the back streets?
Speaker 4: It is in there. We'll stone with Nick in the back streets. We're taking the back streets.
Speaker 5: Yes, Jared well spotted all right, But that's them this week.
Speaker 4: As always, when you hear them, email them in Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot AU. Winner this week Matt, when I'm without you, I'm soakedin we week, Great work everyone, Thanks a.
Speaker 6: Lot, Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Tonight it's back on our favorite TV show on the moment, is s a S Australia. It's a It's a great season of it this year, isn't it. It's really good. I think the mix of the celebrities they've got in there, a fantasts. I think Jana Pittman is my favorite one.
Speaker 5: She is amazing.
Speaker 3: I think we both do the same thing. We sit there and watch it, and for every challenge they do, you ask yourself, how well would I do in a similar challenge the monkey bars one where they have essentially they've got the ladder strapped to the bottom of a chopper which is flying across a lake, and they've got to get down on the line a monkey bar across then pull themselves up into the other side of helicopter.
Speaker 4: I mean that alone, right, that is extreme. I looked to that and thought, that must be so hard because your your brain the fair part of it. You're going to think whether there's helicopter blades and Middleton, the chief instructor, is yelling at you. At one point he sort of ripped off someone's grip to let them drop fifty meters into a body of water. At the end of it, why are they doing this right? So and then so, it must be really hard to see.
Speaker 3: I had the opposite reaction to that one. I sat on the couch and top banker I would be assuming for this monkey bars for me, this is easy.
Speaker 5: How many pullumps can you do?
Speaker 4: They're like that's what I call that, old old fashioned strength, and it's like grips.
Speaker 3: Well, this is the thing. I got tested with it as we were out with Lunar yesterday and walked past a playground. Play grounds are open again and Australia's feeling a set of monkey bars and being He goes, well, if you say you're so good at it, let's see you on the monkey bars. Monkey bars are so much harder than I remember as a kid. As a kid used to just fly through.
Speaker 4: Do mean, you would hang there like chatting to your mom and dad. You could just hang.
Speaker 3: There, hang upside down, do two at a time, like I even remember, like letting go and jumping and then grabbing on to the next one.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't remember doing that, chart, I've never remember doing that. Why are you insert to Salai, don't waste time hanging out with.
Speaker 3: Us, Satan is exactly what I imagined as I got on this playground yesterday that I would be able to do and show.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know you're going to become a dad next year. You can't just shut up and stop working out to play crowd as a grown ass man with a dog. People talk about people like you. They move their kids away, going to is.
Speaker 3: He kids clear the path? Jaggie boys coming on the monkey bars?
Speaker 4: How many did you get to to get halfway cross?
Speaker 3: No, because it's so much harder than you. Remember when's the last time you did monkey bars?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: I think in the eighties when I was about nine or ten.
Speaker 3: To the monkey bars this weekend? Both of you? You what the grip date for.
Speaker 5: Din Saturday morning monkey bars?
Speaker 4: What nine until ten? I have to put it in my color coded calendar.
Speaker 3: Jack, you won't need an hour. Oh, I'm telling you now, you'll need five minutes to realize it's way harder.
Speaker 4: Is it harder?
Speaker 6: What hurt?
Speaker 3: The grip strength? So you just hold onto it and you start falling off and it's none of this tars and like.
Speaker 2: Oh ma, because we wait here, we're bigger than when we're a kid.
Speaker 3: I think that's right. And so I was. I got three or four bars going like this, like one at a time, like little baby steps, and then I gave up.
Speaker 5: Do you know I'm going to go around them today and it's going.
Speaker 4: To hear out the kids come back here in forty years when you've met chi see how you get on what elselight?
Speaker 5: Monkey bars?
Speaker 4: And because actually most of us as adults, you haven't done that since you were a kid. Sly when you go back to stuff that you could do with these, you didn't even think about. It wasn't even a thing. Yeah, it was like walking is so it's actually humbling, isn't It's embarrassing as a kid, I.
Speaker 3: Don't even remember having to learn how to do monkey bars. It's just innate something that we innately, naturally did.
Speaker 6: Christian Connell's show podcasts.
Speaker 4: What is a lot harder hours have grown up? That was as a kid? Chad found this out. Monkey bars. Why don't they have them in gyms? I bet they do.
Speaker 5: I think they're doing those like crossfed gyms, don't they.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I haven't probably done them since I was a little kid. And you think you're gonna glide through the air like Tarzan from tree to tree, branch to brand, but you don't. It's a lot harder than you remember.
Speaker 4: I saw a kid the other day, young lad, right, and he was just popping a mono, doing a wheelie down the street. Not to impress anyone he was doing it because that's what you did, right, And I remember years ago and trying one again. It's like it's actually scary because you think if I fell off bones, it will pick me up and mend me like a broken bar. I'll be brushed into the cup.
Speaker 3: True, And that's why you don't see many at old monos exactly bringing them back.
Speaker 4: Actually don't. It'd be dangerous to actually recommend.
Speaker 5: Listeners to do that.
Speaker 4: I'd get told off. Patsy, what do you think is a lot harder? Nails are grown up?
Speaker 2: Speaking of bikes, definitely dinking someone on your bike. I can't remember dinking my girlfriend on the handlebars and my bike home from Dare do that now? Haven't got the balance?
Speaker 5: Yeah? All right, it's going to take some coolsness Marianna, good morning.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Christian. How are you? I'm good? Are you will? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Good thing?
Speaker 10: Love the first time caller, so yeah, we.
Speaker 5: Almost need like an little thing we play for first time.
Speaker 4: First time. Well, thank you very much for taking the risk and joining the show, so I appreciate it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 8: For having me.
Speaker 5: How's it going so far? By the way, Yeah?
Speaker 4: Good? All right, And what's harder as a as a grown up.
Speaker 10: Marianna, Well, I can attest to. What's much harder to do as an adult.
Speaker 8: Is roll to roller skates?
Speaker 10: Oh god, yeah, roller skating.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I still love doing that as a kid. Now, what happens? You wobbly the balance?
Speaker 10: Oh it's no, it's so after fifteen, Oh so maybe a few years ago, maybe sixty seven years ago. I was on put them on. Yeah, I have some nice brite you know, the white ones with the red wheels that were really popular when I was a kid, and chuck those on and oh gosh, it's so hard, and your whole brain rattles, and because you know the streets on the footpath, so it's definitely not the same I used to be used to be a roller skating queens. Yeah, so we were really into it. But yeah, your brain you can't too hard.
Speaker 3: Is that an official thing that the roller ink gives you a roller skating queen? Or is that just something you were called king?
Speaker 10: But the brain rattles, The brain rattles, That's how I can explain it, the feeling.
Speaker 4: Marianna, thank you very much for giving us a call. Do you know what for the first time, Goody you smashed it. Well done.
Speaker 8: Oh thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: I have a nice week you too, Bye bye bye, Kathy, Good morning, Good morning everyone, Well.
Speaker 5: Good morning. And what's harder as a grown up?
Speaker 4: Kathy ah the fuller hoop.
Speaker 10: I used to be able to do it all my school lunchtime. I'd had the caller hoop.
Speaker 3: Going constantly walking around.
Speaker 10: It's the outdoor play area.
Speaker 4: I could do it forever.
Speaker 6: And then I tried it about ten years ago.
Speaker 4: And I thought with my hips, I'd be able to hold that. Those hips don't. And I started and I thought, oh my god, this is harder than I.
Speaker 10: And I could not anything kick that.
Speaker 2: Up for one twirl.
Speaker 4: You know what, it doesn't. In some ways it's amazing as you get older. But in some other ways this is your body starts sing. It sucks. You had no idea as a kid. You thought there was a promised lamb. Being a grown up, what do you know, You'll barely be able to move, even working will hurt.
Speaker 2: Why can't I do it?
Speaker 3: I'd rude a haul of hoop in the last year, and same thing couldn't get past one rotation.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast, James Bond is finally back in a movie that could only be a James Bond movie.
Speaker 5: Or get how about that no time to die? He's actually too busy to and stuff.
Speaker 4: You haven't got any time about death business. This guy is so busy with bookings for spy stuff. I simply don't have time right now to die, and.
Speaker 3: He can't die during the whole three hours of the film Too.
Speaker 4: Long, two hours forty five. I spent to my daddy yesterday. He went to see it, first time in a cinema in two years. Bonders board him back and he says, too long, said it's good. Craig is an awesome Bond as well. This is his last ever Changs Bond.
Speaker 5: But Dan said it was just.
Speaker 4: Another thing that's harder as you get older. Sit in a chair in it for a couple of hours, the toilet breaks. My dad's seventy two. You can't sit still for you need that eighteen webreaks during that, mister Bond. No time to die, no time to pee, So finally out I should have had that to my time wasts down up peak too soon there, James Bond, No time to die, Too busy, finally made it to the world premiere we can see in November the eighth is part of Dan's roadmaps and recovery.
Speaker 5: Dan's taking us over the cinema Frice Creek to James Bond.
Speaker 4: And if we reach this percentage, Dan dict.
Speaker 5: Film was supposed to be.
Speaker 4: We all know this has been moved around this and I think it was Sally about a hundred years ago when Daniel Craig was five. He was a young James Bond. Out on November the eleventh for us to enjoy it all right, Today's time western for the Bond movies is ruin a Bond movie? So many great ones over the years, so many strange ones. Ruin a Bond movie title? We all know the Spy You Loved Me? Classic Bond movie? What about the Spy you loved Meat? Oh, he loves a Barbie loves a snag? Silver Yeah, view to a kill? Terrible Bond movie, committed a different movie, pay per view to a kill Civil plus behind the paywall, The Man with the Golden Gun? Terror?
Speaker 5: Fine Bomb movie? What's not so terrified?
Speaker 4: The Nan with the Golden Guy?
Speaker 5: Put it down ethel, He'll have someone's eye out gold.
Speaker 4: You've seen Skyfall?
Speaker 5: Daniel Craig, I haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 4: Oh don't. Well the relentlessly miserable old movie that is skype foul. I can only see your ear, Dad, you'll move the screen, Dad.
Speaker 3: The gold.
Speaker 4: Goldfinger one of the greatest reviewed ones on Metacritic. What about Pullen, We're back and the highbrow stuff? It's what that is? Solid goal?
Speaker 5: Pull my Goldfinger? Come on, Jackie Bye.
Speaker 4: When he got ruined a.
Speaker 3: Bond movie Doctor No, the first ever Bond film. But imagine he was Australian doctor No, he's doctor Year.
Speaker 7: Nah.
Speaker 4: Oh he's doing Australia gear. Oh right, oh yeah, from Russia with love.
Speaker 3: This isn't this is an STD based joke.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and set up jokes before and I mean, but I hope Dave Schappelle listens to this podcast, and I had to do jokes by This is a joke by the way about inequality.
Speaker 3: He goes a little bit like this with rashes from Love.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, so terrible fumbling set up. This is an STD.
Speaker 5: Type humor joke.
Speaker 3: And we love Moon Raker, didn't we not?
Speaker 4: God?
Speaker 3: And Raker lawn racer.
Speaker 4: Jack do you know what we're going to take this now? Like we always do come back with another one?
Speaker 3: What do you give me for that.
Speaker 4: Co graded?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Recently on the show we realized just how when we talk about all your amazing stories to do about the MCG, how lack security is at the MCG. So many of your stories had a friend or a relative who was working there supposed to be doing high level protection and security that would simply let you into the player's rooms, take the cup home, basically do whatever you want. Jack and I have just held the cup.
Speaker 3: During that song.
Speaker 4: Has this been brought in quick photo and done like it's no Biggie Clint, who's a lovely guy news reading on another breakfast show and you often see him on Channel seven as well. A massive D's fan. His dad John has been working for.
Speaker 5: The club for decades.
Speaker 4: He's just brought it in just a Jack and I to have a quick photo and he's just wandering around. Does he work for Armorgard or something? I mean, what is going on?
Speaker 3: I just remember one time when I was at Fox, they brought in the Melbourne Cup and it was honestly under locking guard to security guards. You had to put white gloves on to hold it.
Speaker 4: Same in the UK for like the Premiership Cup and the FA Cup. You don't hold out with bet hand.
Speaker 3: He's just just thrown around. I bet if we said to Clint, hey, can I borrow that for the week?
Speaker 5: Not just that, right, he said, sniff it?
Speaker 4: Okay, it stinks of beer, right like sort of left over from last night's party.
Speaker 3: They'll be it, really.
Speaker 4: I mean they've obviously been celebrating, and rightly so the des But tomorrow we have to do with phony. What have you touched? I can't believe we've actually touched it and held it. I actually feel quite exciting. Hey, we're doing James Bond now before we mark yours chance for Strong to come back from Jack Post, we're asking you to ruin a Bond movie title. Jack. What have you got now?
Speaker 3: All right here we go? Oh no, my shirt, my favorite shirt. I want to wear it out, but it's been through the wash. If it's all wet, sometimes you just got to live and let dry. It's gonna need to dry and other day.
Speaker 4: I'll give you gold. But we all know.
Speaker 3: Really there was a lot of nodding. Laughter should have been.
Speaker 5: There was a lot.
Speaker 4: We touched the cup and then we touched that.
Speaker 5: That also smelled like that cup.
Speaker 4: All right, then, ruin a Bond movie title, Let's see what you've got. There's any s c D type humor for us, James Bond Octo worse silver, He's scared of the dark.
Speaker 5: I didn't need to add that bit. Sorry, there chunder.
Speaker 3: Ball silver plus, Come on, baby.
Speaker 5: Pink eye instead of Golden eight.
Speaker 4: Poor old bor old Bonds got the old that gammy, I'm puts.
Speaker 3: Something in that.
Speaker 4: It's contagious, spreads that wild fire.
Speaker 3: That stuff gold plus.
Speaker 4: This one. I've been advised in brackets, best said in boor.
Speaker 5: At Aks and Warren. I do my best from Kazakhstan.
Speaker 3: I love gold plus what I'm warrant.
Speaker 4: Dr knows nothing. Don't go to him. Dr knows nothing, don't go to him saying the great GP.
Speaker 5: That guy Adam, that one great gets.
Speaker 4: You've got got whatever jack'scott today.
Speaker 5: The spy who shoved me didn't love me.
Speaker 4: That's really rude, mister Spik, naughty mister Bond.
Speaker 5: Don there have no time to die, you no time to bake a pie.
Speaker 4: Very busy today, maybe no weakend plus justin well done instead of nobody does it better? Everybody does it better. Bronze James Bond stars in Crown Casino Royal Commission. Oh satire, We've got smart Silver mold finger, mouldy finger. Perhaps he loves mold based huma. You give her a fungal based joke.
Speaker 5: Fancy loves it sign The other day, Silver, I tried Luca Noosa the Spy.
Speaker 4: You told me an STD related joke, Silver the Spy.
Speaker 5: That no, no, no, that is not broadcast of all. No time to dye my hair.
Speaker 4: Silver plus dyeing other gray. These are fading? Yeah yeah, Silver double plus all right, silver, never heard of that one? Silver double bluss apparently Stephen for you. Why don't everyone? We are back tomorrow morning. Great, you back, Thank you very much for listening. We'll see tomorrow.
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast