Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 1: Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, it's not one, not two, but three ways to come a goat of this radio show.
Speaker 1: Three Ways. We're doing three topic Tuesday.
Speaker 2: This is where three ways you to get your stories on the show and three ways you to win some money as well, two hundred and fifty dollars spend at Chemist's Warehouse for the best call we get you on the next thirteen minutes on the show.
Speaker 1: First of all, at.
Speaker 2: The start today's show, Patsy tolds incredible still about her port daughter Audie, who got stuck in an oversized wreath that is on the front door of Patsy's home.
Speaker 1: You had to kind of here out of it after school yesterday.
Speaker 3: She's devastated.
Speaker 2: Is a fuck score you're teenage, you care about your look and your mum's got some venus fly trap of a wreath.
Speaker 1: Who's got a wreath in the middle of summer on the front door.
Speaker 3: It's like a horror house a show.
Speaker 2: Every neighborhood has that house. By the way, with someone like Patsy in it, you know, scary.
Speaker 1: Old people loving Adam's fair moli.
Speaker 2: All right, so what if you got stuck on stuck or snagged? Your stories about what he'd been stuck or snacked on snowd on. I don't want to say hung, but Rio said, that's a different kind of story we're looking for, and not this kind of show. So let's just keep it stuck and snagged.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the number you need thirty fifty five, twenty two. Losing a shoe Stories about losing a shoe. A friend of mine is a paramedic, has been for years, and he was telling me one night he said he just had enough of picking up drunk people.
Speaker 1: He said, they're just a nightmare the hospital. They're rude or obnoxious.
Speaker 2: So what they do when they really are like that, He takes a shoe of theirs and just throws out the back of the ambulance.
Speaker 1: Screwed with them?
Speaker 3: That is you know what, that's that's just.
Speaker 1: It, I get it.
Speaker 2: That's Calmas Tarmas and the other really bad one. He maybe promised never to send this on the radio, but he lives in the UK. If they were married guys. He would take off their wedding ring and hide it somewhere in their gear.
Speaker 1: Wow, they got some explained to do. Where they get home?
Speaker 2: Where's your where's you? And you've got you've got a terrible hangover? That to hospital? Where's their wedding ring? Just a couple hours? Yeah, mayhem?
Speaker 3: Fair enough, fair enough, put up with too much?
Speaker 2: Exactly lose a shoe, all right, your story is about losing a shoe and what have.
Speaker 1: You been hitting the head by? Right now? The world, the world. Millions of people have seen that clip.
Speaker 2: Surely we all know the clip we're talking about, this one from The Rumble. Forget about Rumbling, the Jungle, the Rumble On King Streets.
Speaker 4: A chair thrown outside a strip club hits some man in the head and he goes down hard. It happened here around nine to twenty last night on King Street in the city Bar twenty. The man and the mate had been inside but were thrown out. One of them grabbed a chair from a restaurant next door, despite staff and customers there trying to stop him, and it's suspected it was trying to throw it at security at the front door, but instead it hit his mate in the head.
Speaker 2: And knocked him completely to the ground in a se see clip like this.
Speaker 1: It's the biggest viral clip in the world today.
Speaker 5: It'll be like at the end of year, like moments that defined twenty twenty sees.
Speaker 1: Yesterday it got over forty one million views. That's a whole world to look at it. We must go to this country look at them.
Speaker 5: Half a million of those were you just rewatching it.
Speaker 2: It's the modern day to sapruder footage Oli of a Stone's going to make a movie about it.
Speaker 1: Back into left, back into the left.
Speaker 2: All right, So three ways cool now thirteen fifty five twenty two. You can also text us your stories. Oh four seven five three one oh four three What have you been hit in the head by? Your story about losing a shoe? And your story is about being stuck thirteen fifty five twenty two. Give us a cool share story.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast I have for the best job in the world.
Speaker 2: Sometimes a caller will say something on the show when someone would text dinner an email, we put it on a mug. It's like a funny phrase. I think we found this year's first thing to go on a mug. Just there's no they must have sent another story on the text, but it's out of sync. I can't find the setup. All I've got is this payoff. It's simply a message that says to me, just this five words.
Speaker 1: Who throws a chuck? I don't know what someone' would have been hitting the head by chuck? And they're right, who throws a chuck?
Speaker 3: And I want to know? Is that a live chuck?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: We're talking the roast in the supermarket?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like well yeah, I mean is it live? One in one wipe somebody out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's probably what the guy throwing out the street club Saturday night, you know, is trying to find the cold was to get a frozen chuck and throw that.
Speaker 1: The chair will have to do.
Speaker 3: I must know. We need a.
Speaker 1: Who what's the set up to? Who throws the chuck? Where were you? Why is it in the air?
Speaker 5: There's almost no situation I could think where you need to be throwing any form of choke.
Speaker 1: Ye, no, no, you're quite right for barbecue. There are so many questions right now everywhere.
Speaker 2: We have to find the answer to this, all right, So three ways for you to stare, share your stories on today's show. Most of what numbers you need of the phone number which is thirteen fifty five twenty two.
Speaker 1: Obviously, what have you been hit in the head by.
Speaker 2: Someone listening out there in Australia has been a head but the head by a chuck. We need to know the first bit. Remember we go set up them pay off or is it a new game they're playing with us?
Speaker 1: Now? Where goes pay off?
Speaker 2: Then you to work out set up stories out losing a shoe and what have you been stuck in on by Let's go to Vicky. Good morning, Vicky, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Thank you Christian.
Speaker 1: Good morning morning Vicky.
Speaker 7: I've been stuck. This is a long time ago. Girlfriend and I went to Carton footy ground on a Sunday to watch training, did all that, went to go home, realized we had no idea how to actually get out of the ground. There was no obvious exits, so we thought I would just go through the revolving turnstyle like you normally do to go into the ground. So I went through first, got stuck halfway, suddenly realized, okay, how am I going to get out of here? At the Sunday there's literally nobody about. Oh yeah, and I'm not a small person. Looked up when oh, okay, I can climb up the turnstyle and get out except for all that barbed wire up.
Speaker 2: There, and okay for people were not familiar with Carton, They're terrible and it's probably stopped fans or players leave in the grounds.
Speaker 1: It's a turnstile you can't leave through.
Speaker 2: Many have tried. That's why they have this. It's a one way one you can, you can. It's at the Hotel California. You can never leave.
Speaker 1: How very dangerous, but you get stuck in it.
Speaker 7: Well, I think it was quite a while. Actually, well I said quite a while, probably half an hour or.
Speaker 3: Long time.
Speaker 7: That's a long time.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 1: How do they get you free?
Speaker 2: They lube you up or the fibergame come they use vasilina here?
Speaker 7: No, look, nothing nearly as exciting is that. I just went, well, I'm going to just have to go through this barb wire, aren't I? So I must have looked like I was trying to get out of Starlight Turday, and don't I'm trying to weave my way through all this stuff. Long story short, I did get out. Torma jeans. Tom Andy's t my butt shake, how.
Speaker 1: Are your friends? Wild old training session, lurts her up to.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she was killing herself laughing. I'm killing the self laughing, which made it even harder.
Speaker 1: What don't found him?
Speaker 7: We were just we were just hoping though players would go past and bruise our sixteen year old you know egos. Yeah, and so damaged.
Speaker 2: Vicky, Vicky, Vicky, great story, wild story.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for sharing that with us. Thank you, have a great day. We have to carry on.
Speaker 2: To myrow talking about turnstiles and the other thing. I get nervous going through revolving doors.
Speaker 1: Has anyone ever got jammed in them?
Speaker 5: Someone stuck in a revolving door at a hotel lobby where they got like it just shut down halfway through, and he was, he was, he can't get in.
Speaker 2: You can't get them snacks. Atleast a turnstile you can. Maybe you know through the slots you can get them.
Speaker 1: You're in there.
Speaker 3: He was locked in. I don't know how long. Fire just went on with my day, but I was walking fast. I saw her. I was that's you.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow on the show Turnstiles and Revolving Doors.
Speaker 1: That was a great story.
Speaker 2: Let's got a let's got a John here, John, welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Yeah, thank you, thanks so much. I was working in the city in Chatswood tonight. I was walking on the main road and my knife dapper suit, thinking I was a million dollars and I don't know where. I just felt this stud in my head. It would startled me. And I looked up and I saw some trades laughing, carrying on and they threw a donate a bab at my head.
Speaker 1: You don't waste a kebab like that, guys. I looked at it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I thought, is that chili beef or is it just playing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it got a nice bit of chitty sauce there.
Speaker 3: Who throws the cab?
Speaker 9: Who throws you?
Speaker 1: That's worse than a chuck in my eyes, Australian throw it down your mouth.
Speaker 2: That's the only basic goes exactly, John, incredible story.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for sharing, mate, Thanks for calling the show. John.
Speaker 6: Thank you. Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good on.
Speaker 2: It's to Christian O'Connell show live across so Australia.
Speaker 1: Now this show is sponsored by a chemist's warehouse.
Speaker 2: They paid to get the lights on and in the studio as part of this mega deal worth sixty nine million dollars, I have a medicine cabinet in the studio filled with goodies that you could buy at Chemists Whales.
Speaker 1: It's the Chemists warehouse cupboard. Sense maybe we should give these away as prizes.
Speaker 2: By the way, I don't know, this is the hot ticket in the studio. I've never been so popular in the studio. It's you have to walk behind me. And producers have no problems during the show while I'm planning, scheming, thinking, and they are just helping themselves to various Normally, Producer Canin, who does like to enjoy rose, is having.
Speaker 1: Liquid IV today.
Speaker 2: Producer Tina, who exists on an extensive Greek diet and came in to take some floss And obviously I can see what's happening in there and that she can't wait till nine o'clock chatting. She as you're calling in with a mouthful of I don't know, suvlaki or any of the common balls. Start a cop of time and so you know again and she needs to get rid of some of that stuff before nine. We need to give these aways prized by the way, hell, have your own chemist, what else, medicine, cabney, pick what you want there? All right, so we are doing three topic Tuesdays. Your story is about being stuck. Your story's about losing a shoe like this classic.
Speaker 10: I'm a funeral director, really rainy, horrible day with just buried mum. I'm standing behind the priest. He steps back, he steps back. I had nowhere to go, so I stepped up on the grove by me and it was gravel boom. I went down to my waist in the grave. Philly is that whole gas that across the family. So then next thing everyone stops helps me get out of the grave.
Speaker 6: My shoe to these day is still down there.
Speaker 1: That story is just timeless, all right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, stories about being stuck, losing a shoe and what have you been hit in the head by Christian Whilst working traffic control in Sydney five o'clock in the morning, I'm putting out my first sign, bent over and my pants got caught on a rusty now right near my bottom, til my pants down my leg. I had rip pants for the rest of the day, right up until eight o'clock at night when I finished work. To make things worse.
Speaker 1: That day. I was the team leader.
Speaker 2: My butt sheet was hanging out blowers, having meetings on the go. That's your story, right, sir Christian. When I was twelve, I was hitting the head by a seesaw.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, Christian Wiley, try and get to the bottom of who threw the chuck and what kind of chuck. Friend of mine also got hit in the head by chuck during a Mexican Wave at the MCG.
Speaker 1: It's it a Mexican.
Speaker 3: Follow I didn't know that was part.
Speaker 1: Of the Mexica Wave. Someone in the group has to throw a chicken at the right toe when the.
Speaker 2: Arms go up as it goes around chickens in there. Guys, Christian, did the person that text you addicted to you who throws the chuck? It was also correct, and it was who throws a chair? About the story that happened, possibly so many questions here we.
Speaker 1: Can answer them right now.
Speaker 2: The man that sent the message, and all I got was that who throws a chuck is on the line now, Brad it was you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was Christian.
Speaker 9: It's the story I've been telling.
Speaker 6: For years and it always ended with who.
Speaker 9: Throws a chill?
Speaker 1: Well, I got to hear the story. Now we all want to hear the story. Brad.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for sending it into the show as well. I appreciate that.
Speaker 6: I was at the SCG back in the day.
Speaker 9: I was ten years old and they used to have can t it empty cans just break up for no reason that I'm standing in the middle of the crowd and suddenly I'll get hit in the head with half a chicken.
Speaker 5: What a country can fight?
Speaker 3: Hearing that, right? So people just taking hands on each other.
Speaker 1: Hey, wow, that's when they were real metal as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, proper cans And tell me this what kind of so was it a half cooked one?
Speaker 1: It was cooked cooked, half cooked, still a bit of nice, nice chicken salt on that.
Speaker 3: Don't bring a trick to a can fight.
Speaker 2: Brad, that's an amazing story. I'm so glad we got to clear it up. You are today's winner. I'm going to give you two hundred and fifty dollars suspend at Chemist Warehouse.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot, Christian, love the show, Thanks.
Speaker 2: Mate, a really funny story. Thank you so much. Thanks Brad. Have a great day. Let's go to easy when you're cutting them on and off okay, let's get to Lily.
Speaker 1: Now. Morning Lily, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 6: How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good. How's your morning going? So far?
Speaker 8: Lily?
Speaker 7: So fast?
Speaker 4: So good?
Speaker 1: All right, now, Lily, what's your story for us?
Speaker 6: We recently had hard rubbish around my little suburb of roads, and I couldn't believe my LuFe when I came across the kayak. But it didn't dawn on me. Perhaps it was out the hard rubbish for a reason or another. So I thought we should test it. So we brought it down into our apartment complex in the pool and I jumped in. My father in law, my partner, brother in law, mother in law were all there. I thought, okay, well, we did a couple laps up and down and it was staying aflow. They're perfect. Now we can go try it out in the river. But in an attempt to get out of the kayak, my bikini bottoms lapped from aside, and my poor father in law in the back end would have had seen everything. Now one knowing what had happened was laughing and hysterics, wondering what's going on until they realized I'm actually stuck. He's trying to flail get me off. Well, I can't get off because I'm stuck by my bum and this pool boats gallderated the face side and then the lady and all.
Speaker 11: Thought, oh my god, what a scene, unbelievable and wow, so how they get you out?
Speaker 6: Well, eventually everyone worked out that I was quite stuck and he couldn't flail to get me out, so both and the brother in law and the partner came around. They had to lift me up, but I think more ended up getting exposed with their assistance and needed to do.
Speaker 1: What a scene? What a scene?
Speaker 6: Yes, it was quite a day. We ended up checking on him every day for a week and I think you're still recuperating.
Speaker 11: Lely.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for sharing that incredible story. Brilliant story well told. Thank you have a great day you too.
Speaker 4: Thanks Christian The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast