Speaker 1: Laura and come on in.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's Tuesday.
Speaker 1: We're back back again. Baby, I'm coming in hot. Oh thank you. I didn't mean that, but stop it.
Speaker 3: No, we know I am coming in hot with a conundrum that I need to sort out. So my fiance Ben and I a like arguing over this one thing.
Speaker 2: We're butting heads with him divorce.
Speaker 1: We're not divorcing, we're not even married yet.
Speaker 3: But we're both foodies, right, but different kinds of foodies.
Speaker 1: I'm a foodie like I just like to eat everything.
Speaker 3: But he makes the food. Yes, he's a foodie. He really loves to cook an experiment.
Speaker 2: He can cook.
Speaker 1: So we're having this argument.
Speaker 3: I tried to order a pasta like a carbonara with prawns.
Speaker 1: A carbonara with prawn Yeah, that's the weirdest combination I've ever heard. Not traditional. No, it's a vibe, creamy ham pasta. And you wanted to put prawns in it?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, that is exactly what I wanted to do. I have had it before and I quite enjoy it. And we got into this whole argument and he talked me out of it, and I had to order a chicken carbonara because he said there is no way in any planet can you eat cheese with prawns.
Speaker 1: But I disagree. What do you guys think? Look, I think a cheesy prawn carbonara is a bit of a stretch. But in Australia you can do whatever you want. Everything's got cheese on it because we put her everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see how.
Speaker 4: It could taste good, like I understand the taste profile, but I think it's just wrong.
Speaker 2: It just feels like a sin to put cheese on prawn.
Speaker 1: I think every Italian person who's listening is like, that is sacrilege, and every Australian is like, what are you even talking about? It's no brainer.
Speaker 2: Pizza and they put cheese on it, right, yes.
Speaker 1: Thank you, but you don't put cream and also ham on that as well.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I think Carli, I know British your favorite meal, but I think carbonara is the baby's pasta.
Speaker 2: It's you.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 1: Put some penny in it and cut that up, and that is like my kid's staple.
Speaker 2: Diet, one hundred dinosaur in the noodles.
Speaker 3: So far, neither of you have helped me or you've done is put me down and bully me.
Speaker 1: Well, look, I need your help. Actually, well, I'll not give it to you. No, please help me. There is something living in the roof of my house, and I'm pretty sure the only option is to burnhouse down.
Speaker 2: Your mother and Matt moved up there.
Speaker 1: No, it's two meters long and it's terrifying. Like I said, Matt moved.
Speaker 3: Up in there.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll find out what's living in Laura Burn's roof Daily Mail.
Speaker 2: Is it Osha Gunsberg? Could be him?
Speaker 1: You did not receive a rod.
Speaker 2: Imagine doesn't have a show anymore. Might be living up there.
Speaker 1: That's so mean. Sorry, Oh well he might listen, don't get me canceled.
Speaker 4: Of course we did, but it was called a joke. All right, pick up on the way. Let's find out what's in Laura Burn's roof.
Speaker 3: Next.
Speaker 2: Now the mystery that the nation is waiting to be solved.
Speaker 1: Okay, So last week, if you guys listen to Life Uncut, the podcast the brit and I do Together. Sorry, Mitch, I spoke very lovingly, very enthusiastically about going to a reptile park and how much I love all things reptilia. Laura, hang on, We've actually got the audio. We can play it. I love reptiles. I'm all about a snake. I love a lizard. Now I want it to be known I do love reptiles. I think snakes are cool.
Speaker 2: You've had a lot of time to talk about your love over the last week.
Speaker 1: We get it.
Speaker 2: We get it. We probably don't need much more.
Speaker 1: But okay, look, as of recently, Matt and I my husband, we are renovating a house down south, and we went down there over the weekend. So we're outside in the backyard and we are cleaning up, and I look up into the trees and there it is a massive two meter snake in the tree, in the tree, swinging with its head down towards like looking at where we're cleaning up. The book like, yes, just like the jungle book? Who pronounces are like that a jungle book? And I thought if I was to see snake in the real world, I'd have a little bit more cool. But this is how I reacted to said snake. Matt, Matt, it's gone in the house. Matt, tell me it's going in the house.
Speaker 2: I'm being serious, It'll go in the gut.
Speaker 1: It needs to get out of the house because it'll go in and we won't be able to get it out. No, it's not all right, because it's gonna stay in the friggin.
Speaker 2: Gunner or calm okay.
Speaker 1: Now, my husband is from Queensland and he is far more familiar with snakes being on his property or like where he grew up than what I am. This is very foreign to me. You've also dated a few, Oh yeah, I'm familiar with those. Should have called the snake hatcher back in that day. Anyway, come catch this man. They arrive and it's just a thirty year old man that's been cheating on me. Like, where's a snake? You're like in my room, in my bed.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I look up at this one point in time and I was trying to get Matt to get the snake out of the tree because it was hanging down right where we were with a stick, but what just with a broom Like I don't want him to hurt it, I just want him to remove it. Anyway. I then realized, actually, what the snake was trying to do wasn't It wasn't trying to move in the trees. It was trying to get from the tree onto the hot tiles of the house and get back into the house. So this all happened really quickly. I looked up again and no longer was the snake in the tree. The snake was bridged from the tree onto the house, and within a couple of seconds the snake was in the guttering. This two meter snake had crawled its way into the house and underneath the tiles there is no access, there is no manhole. It is literally between two floors of our house. Now, the other thing about it is that this snake had looked like it had just eaten. So I was like, okay, it's not going to come out anytime soon. Has anyone seen Lola? Has anyone seen my cat? Where is my cat? So I got given the number for a local snakehandler. His name is Dusty, and he was he sounded like he was like old English, because when I called him up, he was like, hello, my dear, how can I help you? How can I be of service? And I explained to him that there was a snake, a big whopping snake in the roof of the house, and he was like, that sounds splendid. Can you send me a photo and I'll tell you what kind of snake it is? So I send him a photo of the snake. Now, I'm I think we're on very different pages, me and Dusty. He's excited about the snake. I am not excited about the fact that this snake has taken residence in the house. And I called him in a back and he told me, oh, it's a diamond python, a diamond pipe. They are beautiful creatures. You will not have a single vermin or a single mice in your house.
Speaker 2: He's like, keep it.
Speaker 1: He's so excited. He's telling me he wanted me to explain to him why I didn't want it in there anyway. I said, I don't think it's going to come out for a couple of days because it looks like it's just eaten. And he goes, no, even more marvelous than that, I think it's pregnant. Oh no, So it turns out the snake that is now currently living in the roof of my house is pregnant. Snakes also, don't I know this.
Speaker 3: I also love reptiles, but they don't birth just one snake, eggs twenty so many, twenty twenty thirty snakes, fifty to twenty snakes and twenty to fifteen sorry, fifteen to twenty snakes.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Look according to the snake catcher, he said Dusty, he said, it's probably been living there for many years and he would be surprised if there was only one snake in that roof, and I should just enjoy them.
Speaker 2: Wow. Did you pay Dusty for this console? Because we ask for.
Speaker 3: Your money back for Hey, coming up after the break, I have caused international chaos with my wedding invitations.
Speaker 1: You won't believe what has happened.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is some drama in this show. I no, it is.
Speaker 3: It was so drama field. People think I'm crazy for probably for good reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm involved. All right, that's next on the pickup.
Speaker 3: I sent some save the date like wedding invitations out about eight ten days ago and it has caused an international drama. So Ben, my fiancee, lives over in well, he lives in Romania now, but he's Swiss, so all of his side of the family are from Europe or from the UK, and on my side of the family, we're basically all Australian, so the wedding is split down the middle with Internationals and Aussies.
Speaker 1: So Ben gets this.
Speaker 3: Message from someone that says like one of his invites that just says dress code question mark fair and he wrote back Ben wrote back, oh, yeah, sorry, Britt set the dress code.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 3: Day or two later, I gets another message basically saying hey, hey got the dress code question mark.
Speaker 1: And it's like, yeah, sorry, Britt set the dress code. Like that's pretty normal and we've seen the invitations were invited and the dress code is normal.
Speaker 3: Well, so Ben messages me and he's just like, babe, a dress code is normal for weddings and I was like absolutely, like an hous isn't even over the top. And he's like, oh, it's just people are asking me. Loads of people are questioning the dress code. And I was like, oh, I mean just say yes, we're enforcing the dress code.
Speaker 1: So he's like okay. A couple of days later he's like okay. He's like things are escalating.
Speaker 3: He gets a message from a really good friend of his, a girl, and she writes, hey, we need to talk about the dress code. Ben's like throwing his arms up. He's like, why is everyone so upping arms about the dress code? And he's like, yeah, Brit' set the dress code. Sorry, it's enforceable, like you have.
Speaker 1: To do it.
Speaker 3: It's just what we're doing. And she's like yeah, but is it strict. She's like it's a little bit weird and he's like, yeah, it is strict. Like sorry, that's just what.
Speaker 2: You gotta do.
Speaker 3: And she's like, but what if it doesn't go with the dress that I'm wearing. He's like, what, you'll find something that goes like, you'll work it out. This goes back and forth and back and forth, and she's getting a bit aggravated about She's like, I just think it's weird and he's like, I'm telling you it is a normal thing.
Speaker 1: And she's like, well, how is Brittney going to know?
Speaker 3: Like he's like, Britney's going to be upset, and she's like, well, how is Britney going to know he's And she was like, Brittany's going to be looking. Trust me, she's going to be looking to make sure that the dress.
Speaker 1: Code is enforced.
Speaker 3: And she goes, well, I just think it's weird and I don't think it's appropriate that she's looking.
Speaker 1: And he's like, she's going to see what's on your feet?
Speaker 3: And then the girl was like what and Ben was like what and she's like, what do you mean, what's on my feet? The dress code says strictly no songs, and Ben was like, yeah, no though songs like flip flops.
Speaker 1: And she was like, oh my god, No g streets are allowed the wedding. Not a single.
Speaker 3: One the whole European side, all of Ben's family or he's like Auntie, his uncle's grands Everyone thought that I put a dress code that said strictly no G strings.
Speaker 1: I want full briefs or nothing, and I will checkmar devastated. Imagine Nana rockin Ut wearing a G string. Everyone thought that I was enforcing.
Speaker 3: So I had to go and update the wedding invitation and I literally had to write, Hey, for all your Europeans, you are allowed to wear a G string.
Speaker 1: For us, Aussie's songs are flip flops.
Speaker 3: So I was mortified, especially when Ben's like, yees, she's going to be looking what am I going to be looking up your dress?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: We've got a call Sarah, Hey did you something like this? What got lost in translation?
Speaker 6: My father in law lives on a cattle station in remote South Australia and we get a lot of international backpackers come in and work for us and he was driving home from work and pulled in at the local roadhouse and said, I'm just jumping out of the car to grab a gay Time Does anyone want one? And all the backpackers looked at each other said no sense, and he ranny got his got his ice cream, and the drive home was just silent, and the backtrackers get back to the house and say, oh, Sarah, you wouldn't believe what's happened. Your father in law was going into the roadhouse through gay Time and he said, yeah, his favorite.
Speaker 4: Wait did you ever tell the backpackers or are they now telling the story of the gay man that used to hook up a service station bathrooms?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, we told them once. They got a bit uncomfortable when they thought he was having secret hook up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was driving them there very fast as well the time it takes to run into an ice cream.
Speaker 2: Thanks for you called next on the show.
Speaker 4: Imagine being fired from your job for the thing you googled while you were at work.
Speaker 1: We google so much crap because of the stuff we talk about on radio.
Speaker 2: Line of work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have a great cover. I can google gay time and not get in trouble because we were just talking about it anyway, you will never believe a man he's posted to TikTok he's been fired for some of the things he googled, and now shock you. We'll text on the pickup get this. You know, brit Laura, we all know. Are you're listening, You got jobs. You know that your bosses can sift through your search history. They can check your team's chat, they can check your slack, they can check what you're searching.
Speaker 2: And you kind of think if they can do it, but you just don't think they do do it.
Speaker 1: But you usually think, surely they've got better things to do, like running businesses and managing people. Total, well that's probably half of running a business.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It turns out this video, which we're about to play you has shocked me and the whole world. This twenty six year old has posted a video to TikTok venting he is fired, lost his job because his employer went through his search history on his work computer, the things that he was searching while he was at work.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna play the video for you because you have to just hear the thing.
Speaker 4: And he was searching because it wasn't like you know, when to get dinner and you know, a restaurant bookings near me. Like he wasn't trying to plan for afterwork, he was googling some really weird things.
Speaker 2: Listen to this.
Speaker 5: So I got sacked today, Guys. The reason why I got sacked was my search history. Apparently they had fifty hours worth of search history, which is printed out on a paper for me, and these things included Simon Cow botched botox? Does turkey tief hurt? What are the top ten super foods.
Speaker 1: That so stupid? I care enough about Simon Cow's boatox, But my thing is, you must be so checked out of work if that's the level of search that you're doing, Like if you're like the thought comes to your head, you're like, oh, I wonder what Simon Cow looks like now, and you go and search it on your work computer. Like his bosses knew he was doing absolutely nothing, and they just need a proof of that. I know that people know that bosses can look at their search histories, but you do assume that they're never going to. You do think that they're too busy to ever check in on that sort of stuff. But I guess that this is the reality, is that they actually could clear search histories everyone. I remember to do that.
Speaker 2: But it's the same as email. I was like, I've pitched in, gossiped I felt at work.
Speaker 3: No, this is why I don't use any work computers and I don't use any work email chains.
Speaker 1: I get everything sent to my personal email.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: See that's smart, so now I can read it. Pot twist though. This poor kid, he's twenty six. He posted the TikTok. He made a quick bug. He made four hundred and fifty pounds. However, he then realized that, oh my god, I've actually out of myself for being a terrible worker, so now.
Speaker 2: We can't get a job. Job, So then he posted this second TikTok.
Speaker 5: Some of you might be away. Yeah, I lost my job a month ago through my own doing, and I was sacked, and I put it on social media. One thing I've learned from doing that is digital footprint is a thing. I applied for three office jobs and I got turned down for all three of them purely for the fact they had seen that TikTok.
Speaker 2: And me getting sacked.
Speaker 5: The reason why I haven't private it is because it was making me a little bit of income. When I first got sacked. A consequence with me doing this has meant that I've had to do a complete three sixty.
Speaker 2: Ten in terms of my own career, and I'm.
Speaker 5: Now doing something that I never ever thought in a million years that I'd be doing. But unfortunately I just couldn't go back into office work so soon.
Speaker 1: So now he showed himself in the foot No, but it makes sense though he sounds like an absolute idiot. The thing is is like just sounds like a kid does no, but he's twenty six much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you see the recent report Laura that said youth don't think adulthood starts until twenty seven or twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Now I agree, I don't agree. Like, I think we have a little bit more understanding about our digital footprints. And like, if you're putting out there on your TikTok and you're oversharing, you're saying you're a terrible employee. Most people are googling the people that they're employing, Like most people would look up their social media.
Speaker 2: Wait, you google your new hires everyone?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I check their LinkedIn. I check and see if they've got socials, Like, I don't know if you're supposed to don't come for me if you're not. But yeah, if people have a digital footprint, I'm gonna find it.
Speaker 4: Ora, what do you because you run Tony May, the super successful jewely conglomor thank you, thank you so much?
Speaker 2: What do you google? Let's say, for example, it's Mitch Cheury. You go Mitch Chury.
Speaker 1: No nothing, I just type in Mitch Jury and I'm sure lovely pleasant articles come up about you. You'd never get a job if that TikTok came up where you were slagging off old employees and laughing about the fact that you spent fifty hours of work time googling Simon Gow's botch botoc.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But in his nomans, he has grown up in front of our eyes because now he's doing a TikTok educating people on your social footprint, saying, hey is reform. I have learned a valuable lesson that this counts and this is.
Speaker 1: There forever, so be good and even though so he's deleted that first video now, but it's still on the internet, like you know, articles of screen recorded it. It's still accessible. So he's never going to Laura.
Speaker 2: I've got happy news, happy ending.
Speaker 4: William is now employed as a supply chain coordinator in the food industry. He's passionate about creating content, so.
Speaker 1: He's no longer online. That keeps you away from a laptop
Speaker 2: Packenberger's all right, we're gonna go, guys,