Speaker 1: Is It just Me?
Speaker 2: Podcast by a couple of mitches, don't.
Speaker 1: Suck it up. Oh, here we go and have a drag Race debrief.
Speaker 2: Mitchell Ko, we're up to week two of Drag Race down Under season two. Yeah, what did you think of the episode?
Speaker 1: I mean, look, I will say it's much better than season one at this point.
Speaker 2: Definitely.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's an improvement. Something about the lighting is still off her, like there's weird shadows. Have you noticed the shadows? Irk me.
Speaker 2: I've heard other people point that out, but I still can't notice anything.
Speaker 1: Make Michelle Vasage looks like a man at some point, and she's the only one that's not a man on the show.
Speaker 2: I didn't like her look this week, just quietly like.
Speaker 1: Share old older than Share, which is actually do with a grave. No, I'm loving the season. It's really good. I just love seeing Ozzie Queen's with jokes that we get, Like there's references that I think, oh my god, the Americans watching this won't get it, but fucking we have to sit through American references.
Speaker 2: I know there was little things like I can't remember which queen it was, but she goes, oh not me brush, and I was like that is so Australian. I love it. I can't remember who said that.
Speaker 1: Even the first episode with the sausage sizzle, like they didn't explain what a sausage Chiel was and fucking fucking international audiences. This is for us.
Speaker 2: Well, last week's episode, like I said, it was a very strong start. This week's episode, I was like, a fucking acting challenge. Yeah, they don't do much for me.
Speaker 1: No, the acting challenges are weird on drag Race because I mean drag queens. We love them. We've all seen them at gay bars. They're great performers, but they're not actors. Let's be real, they're not.
Speaker 2: I just don't understand why they keep doing them, especially so early in this season. But anyway, we're catching up with this week's elimonee. Is that the words you use? It was Aubrey have it was Sorry for the spoiler if we haven't watched yet, but she's here with us now. High Aubrey.
Speaker 3: Oh Hi, how.
Speaker 2: Are you feeling after watching it back? Oh?
Speaker 3: You know, a little bit bit devastated and then robbed.
Speaker 1: I was going to say robbed. If anything, I think you were robbed and I'm happily.
Speaker 3: Someone called the cops. Please let's get on it.
Speaker 2: Do your prison themed challenge this week. And like I was just saying, acting challenges. For me, I've always been like, oh my god, another one. Do the actual drag queens feel the same, because I've never actually met a Drag Race fan that has said, God, I love the acting challenges.
Speaker 3: I would use the word acting very loose quotes acting. Yeah. Look, I mean, yeah, it's it's interesting because you're sort of at the expense of the script a little bit, which doesn't tend to be you know, it's not Oscar worthy, unfortunately, but we do our best. And you know, I was pretty happy with what I did. And you know some of the funny moments I did. You know, you may not have even seen, but and what you did see, I was very happy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you were doing the minogue, weren't you.
Speaker 1: Yes, I thought that was funny.
Speaker 3: With the phone, am I allowed to swear?
Speaker 2: Yeah the better chok fuck it.
Speaker 3: She had a fucking bejazzled microphone and her bra the whole time that she smuggled in.
Speaker 1: That's the type of contraband I want that now. I thought it was really good. So you're a trained actress, Tell me about that. Where did you study?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So I studied over at wappa in per Yeah. Yeah. Another whopper girl did the three year Bachelor and musical theater over there. So you know, I'm glad to finally be using all that time and money to now spend more time and money on my drag right.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's like the kind of like the double edged sword Whenever a drag queen says, oh, I'm an actress, I'm an actor, or you know, I'm a singer. I can't wait for this singing challenge, then they get fucking eliminated on the episode that they're meant to thrive in. Is it the best? The best have tac did? Do you think to just not say you're good at anything on drag Race then they won't guess?
Speaker 3: And I thought I didn't say anything. Oh obviously I did, but I was trying to say it like really loosely, because I was kind of like, I was like, yeah, I've studied theater. I didn't say I'm an actor. Yeah, yes, the theater.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like if they'd done one of the talent shows or the singing challenges one of the other MAXI challenges. You would have absolutely been able to do your thing. Are you spewing that you didn't get to do that? Were you kind of hoping you'd stick around long enough?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? I mean you can go on my Instagram and go have a listen to me singing. I feel like I've got a pretty good voice in here somewhere.
Speaker 1: She's what portrayed betrayed in musical theater. Of course you'd have the pipes on you. And it's just a crime that we didn't get to see it. Tell us about the drama with Minnie Cooper because it seemed like anti drama, right, like that was nothing.
Speaker 2: It was really weird because right at the start of the episode she started addressing some shady comments she'd thrown the week before, and even I'd forgotten because it felt like nothing, and even you said it was no big deal. So did that just feel like she was dwelling on something unnecessarily?
Speaker 3: You know, in the words of artsimone, that means nothing. Honestly, what did you say?
Speaker 1: You said, it's the dementia. You know, it's SETI mini.
Speaker 3: No agism on the story, sorry enough?
Speaker 1: True?
Speaker 2: If you weren't there on the premiere night, Okay, the agism thing is a thought.
Speaker 1: What happened on?
Speaker 2: Youdre make jokes like that when she comes in?
Speaker 1: What happened happened?
Speaker 3: Look the whole agism thing. I love Minnie and I love her delium. We have made up and we're all fine, but I think that she does sometimes just feel a little bit like people are out to get her and no one else everyone fucking loves her so well, well.
Speaker 1: No with love she's I would like her to win. The whole thing I was, I was. I just knew she could take the joke.
Speaker 2: I know what you mean though, because I do love Minnie and like huge respect for Minnie. But this episode, I was like, God, it.
Speaker 3: Just it just felt a little bit like.
Speaker 2: She was being Yeah, it was a little bit yeah. I don't know. I don't want to say ships starring, but I can't think of anything else to say off the top of my head. Is she like that? Just for the cameras? That was a little bit of that going on as well behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: Look, I've signed an nda, I can't.
Speaker 1: Okay, she's a smart girl.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: One thing I noticed when you and Mini made up though, did you notice that she said my apology. There was no plural. It was just my apology.
Speaker 1: Did she yes?
Speaker 3: No, no, I'm sorry my apology.
Speaker 1: That's a good that's an anti apology.
Speaker 2: Is imagine like signing off an email warm regard, just literally until you get in prayer with you.
Speaker 1: What what was? I want to know the story behind your name or behave And the look today that we're getting is it's very Aten Powers? Is it? Is it an Austin Powers inspired name?
Speaker 3: One? Yes, yes, yes, So I was on the I was on the train in Melbourne heading somewhere and me and my partner. My partner also just dragged. We we often just like bounce back stupid drag names for way too long, like longer than you should. It's embarrassing, to be honest, and we were sort of doing it. I had an older name that was embarrassing and you're not going to hear it.
Speaker 1: Come on, come on.
Speaker 2: We're all friends here. I'll share. I'll share you Mitch's embarrassing drag name that I came up for him.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, now you go first, so I'll tell you what it was.
Speaker 2: I wanted him to be Rhiannasaurus, but he won't go for that.
Speaker 1: That's not that's a fat joke. That's not funny Aubrey. You can't laugh at that ethically, But I do think.
Speaker 3: That's there's nothing wrong with being fat. I was laughing because it's a good name.
Speaker 1: Is it's a very funny name.
Speaker 3: Okay, so my old name used to be because it's another pun because I love punns. It was justin a wig.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I do like that. I like what you've gone with for Plan B, though I.
Speaker 3: Agree Plan B was much better. Yeah. So I was on the train just sort of we're bouncing back names, and then I think Aubrey came up out of somewhere, and then I was I think we sort of landed on it, like an Aubrey Aubrey behave or like Aubrey be do something or whatever. And then like I as a kid, like grew up watching Austin Power's NonStop. That was my childhood film. Slightly inappropriate for a child, but you know, you know, you got to learn somehow. Yeah, and yeah and so and I sort of found it. And then the sixties references and all that sort of stuff that comes with like Austin Powers just like all fell into soap camp and I just yeah, I just loved it.
Speaker 2: Gorgeous. Now, how did you feel when Michelle Visage said that you were you were on the struggle bus this week? Because God, that's got to happen. I mean, I mean there were Yeah, there were a couple of little things that went wrong, Like there was the bag, all the stuff falling out of the wag and one of the wings not.
Speaker 3: See the bag. Thing was meant to happen.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, they were back at right.
Speaker 3: There were there were who who grubs, which is a New Zealand grub that I grew up like when you grew up in New Zealand. They're in all of your pine trees when you cut your wooden stuff to light your fire, and people eat them and so and but the who who grub turns into who beatle, which is what I was.
Speaker 1: Oh, I get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the whole thing was like they were meant to fall out, and then I pick one up and seductively go to eat it. But I also realized that Rue doesn't like you eating things in front of her, so I would have it was actually made of cheese. I would have I would have chowed down on that because I love cheese. But Rue was looking right at me, and I was like.
Speaker 1: Can you read the facial expressions or Bree, is it close enough to see that she's pissed?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and she was like, oh, don't, don't do it. Oh.
Speaker 2: So did they make it obvious that that was intentional? Or Am I the only dumb fuck that thought that was an accident because they kind of painted it as oh, whoops, that was the suffer but you're now telling me that you meant to do that.
Speaker 3: No, No, lots of people thought like they they played it as if it was an accident. No, it was one hundred intentional because the plan was they get my phone out, take my phone call, and when I go to put my phone back in my bag, it breaks open and or who grabs all.
Speaker 2: Over the makes sense?
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, that checks out?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 1: What was the actual and no, I got it in the moment, but the wings wasn't right. The wings was that was a bit of an accident.
Speaker 3: Right, Look, yeah, the little grabby things, I definitely didn't get time to practice them, and they were they I didn't realize they fling all over the place when you walk around, So I just you know, it's much easier to grab them when you're in a mirror, but we don't have that, so I just sort of couldn't find them. But you know, whatever it happens happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you get to do a second take? Because I've, like, you know, listened to a lot of drag race podcasts a lot of the time. I hear that there's a second and a third take? So could did they get you doing it properly? But chose to put in the shady one?
Speaker 3: Look the second There is a second take, but you'll never see it.
Speaker 2: Interesting, Now, tell me you said that you wanted to show off the singing in one of the challenges down the track. Did you have it mapped out in your head what you would have done? Like, what was your plan?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I mean there was no sort of Oh, I can't say that I'm giving spoilers. The answer is yes, I had written lyrics ready to sing, so that I was just waiting for you know, they usually do a song or something, you know, in the end, So I had some lyrics planned out, and you know, I can't write new melodies or anything until we hear the music. But yeah, I was definitely going to sing at some point.
Speaker 1: I would have loved that. That would have been great to see your scene.
Speaker 3: You'll still hear me sing I'm going to record some songs and stuff and put them all on, you know, on the interwibs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hot, hot, Where can we see? Where are you local to? Are you Melbourne based? Can drag? Can listen? Is in Melbourne? Come and see you?
Speaker 3: Yes? So I am. I'm in Melbourne. I've been here for like five years now, and I started drag in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: That was a lockdown thing, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was the second lockdown. You know. We had many.
Speaker 2: Yes, famous it was quite lockdown, quite lockdown. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were giving it the lock we were.
Speaker 1: And what inspired it? Because with your partner that was doing drag at the time, had you always wanted to try it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Well we actually met like shortly after I first like sort of started. But yeah, I just had lots of friends, you know, I was in the queer scene, so I was always going out and seeing drag, queen's perform and stuff and being like a performer and in the theater world. Like, I just loved the idea of it all. I just knew how much money and time goes into all of it. So I was like, I'm never going to have any of that, and then you know, Lockdown was like, actually, now you have nothing to spend your money on and plenty of freaking time. So I was like, well what else do I do?
Speaker 2: So you really just fast tracked yourself and now here you are on Bloody Drag Race. That's amazing.
Speaker 3: I owe it all to Ms. Rona.
Speaker 1: All right, well, it was so good to meet you on the show. I mean I wanted more of you.
Speaker 2: Hang on, Mitchell, you can't wrap yet.
Speaker 1: Oh you've got the big question, the big question. Okay, I'll save my compliments for after.
Speaker 2: The most important question of all. Actually, we've got a running list that we asked all of our guests the same question. Okay, We've got a list of things better than drugs and dick. The purpose of the list is to remind our listeners that there's more to life than partying. Boys are not the end of the world, So just little things in life you appreciate. I'll give you an example. Faux Fur last week said that her twelve dollars sushi maker from Kmart is better than drugs and dicks. There a little thing in life that you just get a kick out.
Speaker 3: Of that's a really good question.
Speaker 2: What are some other things, like a good crunch of an apple, fresh bed linen.
Speaker 1: Crunch of an apple, Yeah, a brand new candle, A brand new candle, those little things.
Speaker 3: I think freshly cutting your toenails, Oh, yes, that's me.
Speaker 1: I did that last night, but I did it in bed or bringing then I missed a couple so as I was sleeping. You know when you get scratched by Yes, I did too.
Speaker 3: I do that too. But that's the fun of it, right, Yes.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: The reason I love that the most is because we're always wearing heels, and you know, if you have a tone owl at the end of that heel, really it gets you. It gets ya.
Speaker 2: That is a brilliant answer. I would never have thought of that, but you're so right. I feel like you've got your sit together after that.
Speaker 1: And I will say, there's something more. I don't know. Maybe this is just me, but there's something more sort of a feeling about a toenail clip than a fingernail clip. I don't know. The toenails and.
Speaker 2: Fig and it's sum much Ethie to let the tithes go.
Speaker 1: They're at.
Speaker 3: A friendly reminder to anyone listening, please go cut your fucking tone.
Speaker 1: Click your toenails. People. If Aubrey has any sort of legacy, it's that clip your toenails. You're dirty grass.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, oh here's my compliment.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I just love watching you on the show. You were so great the confessionals. You were great to look at, so polished, right, and I think watching you and watching your runway, seeing a polished runway was like, oh, this is what I what I've been waiting for on Drag Race down Under. And then I was upset.
Speaker 2: I feel like they really did you dirty? The two runways you got to do it was like, right, here's a bunch of rubbish making our fit. Second one was dress up as an insect, Like what the fuck?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, hey, yeah. I mean I would have to say I agree with everything you said.
Speaker 1: If you're in Melbourne, you'll see you.
Speaker 3: I'm sure. I'm sure you'll see more of me. But please go follow the divas because you know, at the end of the day, social media and Instagram followings are all that mattered.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, that's why we do all this In the first speaking my language, go and see all bree. If you're down in Melbourne and we might see what the finale or who knows if we' see you pop up on our screens in the future. But thanks for coming on the show.
Speaker 3: No my pleasure, thanks for having me, and.
Speaker 2: We'll be back next week with another drag race debris.
Speaker 1: Here we will. I'm excited. I don't know who it is at this point. It could be anyone, truly, we see is it just me?
Speaker 2: A podcast by a couple of miches.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast m