Speaker 1: Okay, Mitch, I wanted to talk to you about something that I think has gone past the point of being a healthy new habit, and it has it's going really into the territory of being a bit of a hmm how to put It's like a weird addiction.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Can I just say, when I was fat, no one said anything, And now that I'm kind.
Speaker 3: Of half fat, everyone says you're too half fat.
Speaker 1: You're not You're not fat firstly, and you're not even allowed to say that anymore because I usually when we're not on Mike, you talk about how skinny and hot you are.
Speaker 2: So don't try and be a different person. When he said Australia, Laura always says Matt. She calls me Matt, her beautiful, six pack ridden husband, so similar from the side angle, I look like Australian heartthrob Mattie j And I just take that and run. But I'm still a big boy, for God's sake. What's your problem?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: You take that and run, do you. That's the thing I wanted to talk to you about.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Mitch has become really into his running.
Speaker 4: First it was hot girl walks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for what it is, first it was hot girl walks and hot girl walks was cool. It was like, you know, it was trending. We had the shirts, the hot girl walks shirts.
Speaker 4: It was a thing.
Speaker 1: Now Mitch has taken upper notch and he's into his running. Except the thing is and now this is no, I'm not putting down the fact that you're run because running is very good.
Speaker 4: It's great for your health, thank you.
Speaker 1: Mitch is running ten kilometers max, okay, which is a big deal. That is that's no, that's nothing to scoff at. But it's certainly not a marathon. But you are behaving as though you are Ned Brockman and running a marathon a day.
Speaker 4: You honestly okay. So Mitch is now get to Ded Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: Ned Brooklyn's that an amazing guy who run from like Perth to Sydney and he did one hundred kilometers a day.
Speaker 4: He's incredible.
Speaker 1: So even Ned Brockman managed to run his entire thing without wearing a running vest. But no, Mitch, you've now gotten a running vest, a water vest delivered to work. I've also seen your fluo safety running outfit that you now have. Not to mention that Mitch's runs They usually range from about eight kilometers to ten kilometers. The first two kilometers is a bit of a walk and then he now takes jail.
Speaker 3: It's a warm up us runners called warm up.
Speaker 4: He takes gels with him every time he leaves you.
Speaker 3: Studio, friend, you are you are so awful to me.
Speaker 2: I could have taken up an awful hobby and instead I'm running looking after my health.
Speaker 3: I get gails, yes, because they help us runners.
Speaker 1: It's the hyper fixation on all the accessories to do with running. That's what it is when you take up a new hobby. You don't just take up the hobby because you could. You could walk outside the office in a pair of joggers and run. It's all the other stuff that you think you required to do a very basic activity.
Speaker 2: Dare you you know? It's all about the fashion. I'm into my fashion, I'm into my accessories and I'm on runtop so.
Speaker 1: About what those socks are supposed to be. You're wearing them because they're fashionable.
Speaker 3: How dare you?
Speaker 2: Literally?
Speaker 3: Lemon are gonna be upset with you?
Speaker 2: They're very fashionable, and they responsored the podcast, please keep doing and hawkers don't spots me. But hey, Hawker, listen, I love the moon day Nines. I don't even know if that's right. I'm I just run, so listen, I lost forty five kilos. I was hot girl walking and now I have to run to kind of like because I take it up and not take it up a note. It just it's I'm enjoying doing it. It gives me Clara and it actually makes me feel nice. And so what I do it in a five hundred dollars running vest, and so what I've got the state of the art shoes that I don't need, and so what that I like birthday cake, running gels?
Speaker 1: How many pairs of running joggers have you now purchased because of this fixation, not because you like running and it's good for your health, which I am all for.
Speaker 4: Don't try I make me feel bad about this.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know?
Speaker 4: How many unnecessary things have you purchased?
Speaker 3: About five pairs of running show?
Speaker 4: How much money have you invested in the running?
Speaker 3: Do you want the real answer?
Speaker 4: No, I'd love you to lie to the nation.
Speaker 1: Okay, like fifteen hundred dollars. I think it's more. I honestly think it's more.
Speaker 2: The running vest was two hundred. Yeah, in the daily jails. You're right, they're about six dollars apot. It could be close to two grand.
Speaker 4: To go for a run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but look good while doing it. I don't get a hit by a car. People could get there's Mitch from the pickup. You don't want them to be like, oh, look at Mitch from the pickup.
Speaker 3: You wanted to go. There's Mitch from the look at his pace.
Speaker 1: What I want to know is, what are you running away from.
Speaker 2: This friendship, this show? To be honest, I'm trying to keep up. Listen ad me on Strava.
Speaker 3: You won't get that. It's running language.
Speaker 4: So what's the other one? Tick? Run, top, run, you know what it is?
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I'm on run Talk, so I'm watching all the content and everyone listening is on run talk as well.
Speaker 3: People people are running. It's a cultural movement.
Speaker 1: I know my husband runs two. He's really into it. It's cute. It's cute to come to you are you look at those abs? I can't run to save my life, so for me, it's still a really abstract thing.
Speaker 2: And aren't you nice that I didn't turn it on your head? Because you go Mitch only runs ten K.
Speaker 4: I can't run.
Speaker 1: I say this also from a place a place of judgment, but also a place of not understand, a lack of understanding as to how someone walks out of their house and runs, and then when their body says it's tired, they don't just stop.
Speaker 4: That's what I do.
Speaker 2: I just sorry. I bought Oakley running glasses. I forgot there were six hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: So really we're up to three thousand now.
Speaker 2: Anyway, let's go home. Hey listen, run is ab me on Strava. Will run together. We can go on a little we join a run club or something.
Speaker 4: Be cute. Cute guy, hope you started a run club.
Speaker 3: No, no, I'm too nervous because how does it work? The person at the front and the person the back.
Speaker 4: You have to talk and I think you're say in the middle, yeah at all, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to just run and puff. I agree. All right, let's go. We'll be back tomorrow for your Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Also, please, if you haven't put in your votes yet for Brick, get on ten play cast your votes.
Speaker 4: Our Brick girl.
Speaker 1: She is in I'm Celebrity Jungle and she's doing so well, and we need to make her Queen of the jungle.
Speaker 3: We'll see tomorrow from three.
Speaker 4: Goodbye, see you guys.