Speaker 1: So I went home to Port Macquarie, to my hometown on the weekend. Mitchell, Laura, I had to do some error and see the family pick up my dog.
Speaker 2: It was a whole thing.
Speaker 1: But I haven't been back to my parents' house for a little while, and this one thing happened that sort of stopped me in my tracks and made me reconsider everything I know about life.
Speaker 2: Wow, deep big.
Speaker 1: So it's just me and my mom and my dad and everyone's pottering around the house, and I was going for a shower, so I opened the linen press, get a towel and the towels. Mind you, my mum is the most organized person you've ever seen. Everything is color coordinated, there's different levels, they're folded immaculately.
Speaker 2: That's classic. My mom's the same waves yours would be right the same as well.
Speaker 3: My mom just shoves things in a couple of hopes for the best.
Speaker 2: Really, Laura's mom not so much.
Speaker 1: So I grab a towel going to the shower, put my towel down in there, going about my business. Obviously, I'm Starker is having a great time washing all the bits. And then the door slides open with such aggression that I'm so shocked. And I turn around naked in the shower and I look, my mom is standing their hand on her hips.
Speaker 3: Do you think that it's gone past the days when mum's just like barging on you in the shower. You're like, mum, and she made you know.
Speaker 1: I don't care about her looking at me naked, could not care less. She didn't care either. She was just looking me straight in the eye. And I was like, yes, mum. And she's like, I heard you go to the linen breast and I was like, yeah, I'm being a tower. I'm having shower on a towel. She goes, what towel did you get? She goes to where I've hung them up and she's just like oh, and I said what she said, this is the good towel. She's like, you can't use these, and I was like, excuse me, how dare you? She took the towel from me, went out, folded her back up, put it in the cupboard, and got me this like scabby old towel.
Speaker 3: You know, the towels that have been sun dried and they're all crunchy little holes in them.
Speaker 1: So I was so shocked, and also soaking wet, so I got out used the scabby towel. Then I came out to address the situation and I was like, Mum, what's the problem. She goes, that's the good towel. You don't use that, and I said, I'm sorry. Is Beyonce coming?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Who are you saving the good towel for? She's like, well, I can't be sure, but I know that this isn't the moment, and I'm like, what your daughter? We had a full on brawl about who can use what towels.
Speaker 3: She's got them ready just in case You're like, Mum, I am kind of a celebrity.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me use What do I need to do to prove myself? So then fast forward to that evening. I go to get a cup of tea and now she's got these really beautiful, thin, fine teacups, the good mugs, the good mugs. So I'm using one of these this good china. She has a goal of me again, takes it from my hand, empties it, put it back, gives me another cup because you're not allowed to use the quote unquote and I'm like, what am I allowed.
Speaker 3: To use it?
Speaker 2: When are people like are your parents doing this Kate. Hello, what's what's your good thing in your house?
Speaker 4: Hi? Yeah, I've got some beautiful wine glasses that my daughter gave me for Christmas one year, and I used to be very relaxed. You've got good things, you should use them. But unfortunately one evening I was sitting on the lounge and the cat sprang up behind me, jumped on the coffee table, knocked it off and shattered one of them. Yeah. So now now I've got the rule. They only come out of Christmas time.
Speaker 2: But you see, it means you never get to use the good stuff.
Speaker 1: It isn't Christmas more likely when you're going to have a spill or an accident, Like, shouldn't you be just bringing them out with you and the lover or husband whoever?
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 1: No, don't want to make any assumptions there, But shouldn't you be using it for that kind of stuff?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: But you know, if it gets trashed in the process of being enjoyed, I don't mind so much. But if it's just me home alone with a cat, not so much.
Speaker 2: It's grim I'm alone with the cat, don't think all right? Monica? Hi, what's your good thing?
Speaker 4: I reckon.
Speaker 1: It's totally the opposite.
Speaker 4: Use them.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, Monica. I think use the good stuff because you know what, like what happens, like you could end up breaking it with the cat and then it just all goes to waste exactly.
Speaker 4: Now, use it because you might lose it, right?
Speaker 2: Can I just say those two different calls, they both sound like one keeps good things and one doesn't. Monica's like, yeah, you know what. I'm driving to the car as I call you girls, and my hand are off the steering. The wine glasses just just smashed. And the other call goes you so I've got good things I need with my cat. Come on, there's two very different kinds of people. That's why we want here at the pickup. We ran a diverse align with Monica, and she's my people. I'm a Monica goat. All right, let's go. If you missed any of the show podcast on iHeartRadio, I now sleep in a single bed. So if you want to know why you're going so cute and cozy, it's cute. I'm sore. My neck is sore.
Speaker 3: It's really like regressing back into the day, isn't it. It is a child what is the bed sheet like.
Speaker 1: Thread?
Speaker 3: Anyways, you can touch up, You can catch up on the whole thing on our podcast, The Pickup See tomorrow, See you guys,