Speaker 1: Welcome to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This podcast is for women who want to take ownership of their lives, live unapologetically, and are ready to turn their biggest dreams into their reality. If you're ready to be armed with the tools that will inspire to take bold action, feel confident within yourself, and conquer your goals, then you've come to the right place. I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson. I'm a lawyer turned entrepreneur, co founder of Naked Harvest Supplements, and social media personality with a community of over three hundred thousand. I grew up believing I had to pursue the safe option and fit into a mold others had created for me. But then I entered my corporate law job and I realized that settling for a reality that didn't set my soul on fire was something I was not prepared to do. I wanted more, and I have a feeling you do too. Join me and special guests weekly as we get down to the nitty gritty on all things health, mastering your mindset, creating lasting habits, thriving in your career and relationships, plus so much more, and together we'll gain the knowledge and perspective to pursue our wildest dreams and kick fear to the curb.
Speaker 2: Well what are you waiting for? Let's rise and conquer.
Speaker 1: Hey, irn C fam and welcome back to another episode of the Rise and Conker podcast. Today we are getting back into the Boss Babes series and we are chatting about personal brand.
Speaker 2: So, as you guys know, I really.
Speaker 1: Built my businesses off my personal brand, and my personal brand is such a big factor of my business and my life, to be honest, and that's great and amazing. And I think people really underrate your personal brand. They don't really think about how powerful it is if you're using it as as a business, if you're not just in your like I think lots of people look at personal brand as like an online business sort of thing, But in reality, your personal brand is so important online and offline. As you guys know, I curated a personal brand from the time I started Instagram. I started Instagram and my Instagram was mostly about fitness and my fitness and health journey. That's kind of how I tapped in and started getting momentum with my following, and it has very much evolved just with who I am and how I've evolved, so it's gone from really fitness and health, and then it was really about you know, being a student, being a law student and trying to work full time as well as juggle everything else. And then it evolved again into leaving my law job and doing this entrepreneur thing and seeing.
Speaker 2: What that looked like.
Speaker 1: And yes, so personal brands they evolved with you. And even if you're not planning on being an influencer or building a business on your personal brand, I just still think personal brand is so important online and offline. And basically, your personal brand.
Speaker 2: Is what makes you you.
Speaker 1: So I saw this quote and it said your personal brand is what people think of you when they think of you, and I was like, now that I say that out loud, it kind of sounds weird, but you get what I mean. So, for example, let's think about my personal brand right now. And this is if you're kind of someone who has me on Instagram and YouTube and the podcast, things that would come up and I'm just you know, guessing. Here is obviously still the health and fitness angle. A big part of my personal brand is Tim and Bear and Wolf. Another big part of my personal brand is, you know, I live close to the beach, and I really use that as a tool for my calmness because my life can be very crazy. And then also I've got the aspect of, you know, being a lawyer turned entrepreneur and starting a natural supplements company. And also I think a big part of my personal brand, or what I like to think of, is I think I'm quite easy to resonate with because I'm just so an everyday girl, Like I don't see myself as anything special. I really see myself as an everyday girl. I still have all the same issues that I share with you guys. I'm very vulnerable, and I think a personal brand it's not one thing, it's multifacet and so all those things they make me me.
Speaker 2: And that's probably what.
Speaker 1: You think of when you think of Georgie Stevenson. And so there's obviously more to my life, but that is your perspective of me. That's what I choose to share with you, and I personally share a lot of my life, most of it. There's probably not much that you guys don't know. That is my choice, and that's what I prefer to do, just because personally, I find it easier just to be completely me and very transparent. But your personal brand represents who you are as an individual, and it really reflects your values and beliefs. So another thing that you might think of with me, like you might think of straightaway, oh law of attraction Georgie believes and law of attraction and manifesting. Another value might be you know, you guys know a really value my time with Tim, we do our Sunday morning.
Speaker 2: Coffee, so different things like that.
Speaker 1: Like it's just unknowingly, my personal brand has all these values and beliefs and perspective in it, if that makes sense. So I want you guys to think of your personal brand. And like I said, I don't believe personal brands are just for influencers or if you're building a business or just online. I really don't believe that. And so think of your personal brand, like do you have little quirks about yourself that make you you? And that people know what you and I guarantee your friends know this, and you know your parents and whatnot. And so I want you to guys think about do you want to be a person who's just there or do you want to be someone that exists for a reason? Do you want to have impact? Because that's what a person brand does. It has impact on other people. So, for example, my personal brand, with my multifacet sort of things happening, I guarantee you might resonate with certain aspects of my personal brand and then not with others. So you might resonate with the whole me leaving lord to be an entrepreneur, or you might just resonate with me being a very busy person and really trying to find balance where I can. Or maybe you're a student and you really resonate with my previous sort of personal brand when I was a student, and you still just like my stuff now. And so my personal brand has an impact on people. It makes people so like feel a certain way, and you guys are the exact same. So you can have an impact on just one person or it can be millions. So I know I talk about my personal brand on kind of a bigger scale because I do have an audience. But trust me, you guys are all having an impact on the people around you because of your personal brand, and it doesn't matter if it's big or small, it still really counts. And so I believe your personal brand is how you dress, how you treat others, how you show up for yourself online and offline. So another sort of thing, and I wanted to share this because this gives you a bit of an insight on my personal brand offline. It's not necessarily something you would know or I share, but a big thing for me is treating everyone with respect and not looking down on people. And this has been a big value on me because I feel like you guys would know. But like in the corporate world, it's very corporate ladder, and people have different titles and you know, there's people with very important titles and then there's just the assistance or receptionists or blah blah.
Speaker 2: Blah, Like it's very core. Pretty wow. I can't find the words, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And so when I worked in the law firm, I started off as a clerk, which is just kind of nobody compared to lawyers. And then I got into the graduate program and I kind of, you know, was stepping the ladder, and I very much noticed how people treated me when I was, you know, a clerk, compared to when I was a graduate and compared to when I got admitted and all that sort of thing. And I personally hated that I thought like my boss, especially when I was a clerk, wouldn't give me sort of the time of day or think my ideas were smart or even listened to them. And I had a very kind of like, well fuck you, then, okay, I'm sorry. I don't like swearing on here, just in case there are younger young people listening. But it kind of it very much annoyed me, and I thought that whole aspect annoyed me so big I'm rambling on here. Thing for me is treating people with respect and never treating someone less than no matter their age or title or anything like that. So, for example, with me and Mel, from the beginning, I have really treated her as equals and literally like she owns the business as well, like is a part of my personal brand and Naked Harvest like That's how I like treating her, So she feels respected and like she can come to the table with any idea and it's not going to be like squashed or you know, who is she to say that or anything like that. That's personally how I like to make her feel. And because of that, I've noticed that Mel actually really treats the business like her own, which makes her so valuable and irreplaceable because she really steps up and like not a lot of people treat your business.
Speaker 2: Like their own. And that has been a big part of why we have worked so well together.
Speaker 1: And that's just a big value that I have with anyone who comes on the team. And so you guys don't see that or really know that, but that is a huge part of my personal brand and something that I really decided to implement. And I think your personal brand, don't be worried about it being unauthentic, Like you really get to decide how you show up in this world, how you treat others like you get to decide, Like your personal brand is how you treat you know, the person at the grocery store, whether you say thank you or you have a chat with them, you are really showing up and showing your personal brand every single day. So want you guys to think about what does your personal brand currently look like? Like are you someone who wakes up, you snooze your alum, you go on Instagram basically start the day off a bit shitty and not really proactive, because that is a part of your personal brand, that is you showing up for yourself and not necessarily a positive way. So maybe you know you have habits like you're always late, or you can be a bit grumpy, or you don't treat people with the same you know, respect and niceness that you want to be treated with.
Speaker 2: And I know they all seem like.
Speaker 1: Little things, but they're all a part of your personal brand and they really show up in how you want to show up. Hey, guys, I'm quickly interrupting this episode because I am so excited. Naked Harvest has just launched not one, but two new natural pre workout flavors, Juicy grape.
Speaker 2: And lemon lime crush. How good does that sound.
Speaker 1: I'm personally all over the grape.
Speaker 2: I'm obsessed. It smells like Hubba bubba and it tastes so good.
Speaker 1: If you're someone like me and you care about what you're putting in your body, and you have some fitness goals for twenty twenty, you need to get yourself some Naked harb ast natural pre workout. I'm sure you're sucker of me talking about it, but this stuff literally.
Speaker 2: Transformed my workouts.
Speaker 1: It's proven formula has no hidden nasties, all natural ingredients, no synthetic stimulants.
Speaker 2: It will give you that natural.
Speaker 1: Energy boost but without the crash, and of course it's vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free. Get ready to feel energized and strong. Join the NH game, and feel free to use Rise and Conquer at checkout for a sninky fifteen percent discount. Okay, let's get straight back into the episode. I think another thing to realize is your personal brand really travels with you through your life, no matter what works. So even if you are someone who you know, like I said, like isn't an influencer, isn't interested in that sort of thing. And so what you guys need to realize is your personal brand really travels with you through life, no matter what you're doing for work, even if it's offline or online. It's something that will evolve, and it's something that requires daily commitment. So, like I said about the how you wake up and what your morning routine, that is a daily commitment to yourself and your personal brand. And so we're going to get into a little bit about changing and revising and thinking about it. But I also want to chat about online because obviously your online personal brand is super important as well. And so I'm not meaning I keep saying this, but as an influencer if you have a big following, but are you that person who has like rants on Facebook? And just like you know, there's like aunties who have like a rant on Facebook? Or do you have you know, photos of you doing shots or just being crazy? And that's that's all well and good. Like I did exact same thing. But something that I love following this a woman named Kara I'm gonna butcher her name basically on Instagram. I definitely chatted about her before, but she's the champagne diet Kara will call her. She has a podcast, Style Your Mind. She's amazing. I love Kara. And she talks about this thing calling doing an audit of your digital footprints. So she says, go through your online digital presence, no matter if you're doing a business or not, and have a look, like, you know, have you said anything bad on Twitter or Facebook or the old photos that don't necessarily represent who you want to be. And she explains that, you know, you go through and you delete those.
Speaker 2: Things, and I kind of did this.
Speaker 1: My brand has very much transformed in the way look at health and fitness. If you guys kind of know a bit of my story I had a very bad relationship with my body, health and fitness, and I was very obsessed and restrictive and a bit crazy. And that has been a big evolution for me as really creating this beautiful relationship with my body and my health and that sort of thing. And so I did a bit of an audit years ago when I didn't want to put that message out anymore, and I just went through my captions just made sure, you know, the messages that were going out there, and it's not like, you know, people know old posts are going to be different, and I did keep a couple so people.
Speaker 2: Could see the transformation.
Speaker 1: But I also just you know, went through an archived or deleted post that I was like, oh, this is just unhelpful for everyone, and you can tell I was in a really shitty place. And so we need to realize that our online presence really lives on. And so, for example, when I got my clerkship, it's funny because my boss called me and he was like, you've got the job, and I was like yay, and then he's like, well, I definitely I remember him saying the number. He's like, wow, one hundred and seventy thousand online that's a massive community. And I was like, oh my god, he's found my Instagram and like silly of me, of course he found my Instagram. And he explains that every time they hire someone, they do a social media check and this is like an old school law firm guys, so I guarantee like anywhere is doing it. And he's like, I'm totally fine with it. Just be very conscious of what you put out there because you now represent the firm. So he was like he even said it. He was like, you know, no nudity or anything like that. Love your health and fitness. I'm into health and fitness. Just make sure you're being conscious of that. And I really respected that because these days, like you do have an online presence no matter what, you just have to be very conscious of what you're putting out there. So literally right now or like pause this or if you're driving, do it later, but like go through your social media's, your facebooks and your Instagrams, and even if you have things on private, I'm just so wary that I don't know, like if someone creates a fake account or something like that. Like personally, my Facebook is private and I have like very personal like family, just kind of like anyone with a normal Facebook.
Speaker 2: That's how I use Facebook.
Speaker 1: But I am still and I don't accept anyone I don't know, but I'm still very conscious and that's completely on private, but I'm still very conscious with Facebook, like I think of myself. If I wouldn't want anyone to see this, I don't put it on that.
Speaker 2: That's just like a bit of a rule.
Speaker 1: So do a bit of audit of your social media, your Facebook, and you know, like I would literally even google your name and just see what comes up, and make sure your online presence represents what you want your personal brand to be and who you want to be shown showing up as. So it's funny. I've got a little story for you. And I don't know if you guys watch The Bold Type. I'm absolutely obsessed. It's on stand. There's like three series. It's so good. It's basically about these three girls who work from magazine in New York City and they just have such real life scenarios and such like kind of trending stuff. It's really easy to resonate and watch and I love it. Anyway, go and watch it if you haven't. But I'm guaranteed most of you are watching it. And so in the latest season Suturn, she wants to get a job promotion as like a fashion editor or something, and basically she only has an insistent role right now and she really wants this role. There's nothing coming up, and the two other girls are like, girl, you need to get on Instagram start a personal brand because you just can add so much value to a position if you have that. And it's funny because she's like, she doesn't want to be an influencer or build an online brand or anything like that. She wants a job in a company, but I love the realization that your personal brand online can really add value to your position. And so they were saying, like, you know, if you have this personal brand and really show yourself online and have this online presence, you'll get promoted easier, basically the basis, And I don't know if she does or not.
Speaker 2: Bit so she's like, Okay, I'll start.
Speaker 1: An Instagram blah blah blah, and a big thing is like she takes some photos and it just doesn't feel like her, and she's like, I don't want to be online and have this online presence if it doesn't feel like me, and basically by the end of the episode, she really kind of finds her groove about like what sort of photos and message she wants to put out there, and it's so Sutton and so I really loved that because I really do agree that your online personal brand, even if you're not using it for you know, your business or anything like that, I really do think it does have are like these days. I just think it is something that you need to be conscious of. And I really loved what she did about really not just doing what everyone else is doing, but like really finding her own unique way of how she wants to do photos and captions and all that sort of stuff. Like I really like that, and I think it's important with your personal brand to think about that, like what makes you you? And like everyone has different quirks and things we like doing and different color schemes and different vibes. Like everyone does have different styles, So don't just look what everyone else is doing, Like, really feel into what am I into and what makes me me, Like with your family and friends, like that's who you're probably your most authentic self with what makes you you, and really try and inject that into your online presence and also just your personal brand offline. So I want to leave you some questions to think about. Love giving you, guys some questions, and so have a think about how am I currently dressing, acting and showing up? Is it an alignment with who I want to be and who I want to be showing up as? And then also have just have a think about the broader sense of what is your vision for your personal brand offline and online? Like who is the person that you want to be? Who do you want to make an impact on? How do you want to make an impact? How do you want to show up? Start thinking about this and being very intentional with how you dress and how you act and what your morning routine looks like and nighttime routine, like just be more of an intentional human and just ask yourself, how do you want to start showing up? Is there any changes or tweaks you can make to be this person who you want to be? All right, guys, I am going to love and leave you. I hope this was helpful. Something I did want to chat on is I know today I talked about personal brand in the sense of like offline online, basic personal brand, but then a big thing of growing. You know, my two companies is having a personal brand in the sense of business wise, and so I would really love to do a whole podcast on like creating a personal brand with the intention of having it as an influencer or business or whatever. So if that is something that you guys want, the best way to sort of give me that feedback is to come into our online Facebook group, which you just search Rise and Conquer community. You have to apply to get in, request sorry to get in. So come in there and tell me if that's something you want to know, or if there's something else that you want me to touch on and talk about. Because there's so much just me doing, you know, this process of being a lawyer and turning to an entrepreneur and all these different things. So's so many things I can chat about, but I want you guys to let me know, So jump into our Facebook group and I can chat.
Speaker 2: To you there.
Speaker 1: But I hope you have a lovely day or night whenever you're listening, and I'll be in your ears later this week with an exciting guest podcast.
Speaker 2: See you, guys.
Speaker 1: And that's a wrap on another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. I hope you got something valuable from it. And I want to say a big thank you for tuning in.
Speaker 2: I really really do appreciate it.
Speaker 1: If you're craving more than don't worry. I've got you sorted. We have our very own Rise and Conquer Community Facebook group where hundreds of like minded women joined to share in on stories, ask advice, and everything in between. I'd love for you to join us. Just search Rise and Conquer Podcast Community or find the link in the show notes. And if you loved listening as much as I loved recording this epic, then please subscribe and leave a review. It really helps us out. And if you think of anyone who would benefit or enjoy this episode, please share it with them. You can also find more on Instagram at risinconcor dot podcast and more from me your hosts at Georgie Stevenson. Once again, guys, thank you so much for tuning in. This is a totally independent podcast, so we really do appreciate every bit of support. Hope you guys have an amazing day or night whenever you're listening, and I'll talk to you soon day day