Speaker 1: iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart.
Speaker 1: App Got Anything Dead? Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Patsy, You survived Mecca, the Mecca Mecca mega store that opened up over the weekend.
Speaker 1: I saw it on the news. It's like beatle Mania.
Speaker 3: It really was like Beatlemaniam Thusis. Yes, it was pandemonium. You could not walk. There were people like ants everywhere on three levels of Mecca, the new flagship store in the city. And silly me mother of the Years, said, hey, aord he let's go on the grand opening weekend.
Speaker 2: There's the worst weekends ago poor Chris as well all of you.
Speaker 3: Oh, don't be silly. He didn't go inside. He wasn't inside. He went next door and had a drink booze.
Speaker 1: Look. I said to you, here, we opened up a public store the Mecca, but they make even more money.
Speaker 3: That would be a good idea. I said to him, listen, you know you don't have to come in. You go and do yourself.
Speaker 1: The moment you said you don't have to, he was gone.
Speaker 3: He said, oh you sure, you know, like pretending. Really it's like, no, you go and we'll just we'll ring you when we're done.
Speaker 1: So he was, how were you in there?
Speaker 3: Oh you know what? We kept it to about ninety minutes.
Speaker 2: Oh no, there is such a doing in there.
Speaker 3: You should honestly, it's not just makeup. They do acupuncture, they do ear piercing, they do there's a florist in there. There's a cafe in there. There's a spa in there. It is incredible spa. Yeah, like you know, you go and get facials and stuff. There's a hairdresser in there. There is They have thought of every single thing.
Speaker 2: So pats your heir in the news. Then the wheel is spinning again the Melbourne Star.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, so today they're going to announce that injected this conglomerate has injected eleven million dollars to get it spinning again. So it has a brillion spun for like four years. Yeah, so we're going to be writing.
Speaker 1: Remember talking about on the show.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize it was four years ago, but I think it was pre COVID debt. It was it had gone under. I think they were going to pull it down, yes, but it's just been up there doing nothing for four years and now someone has injected millions into it.
Speaker 1: Yep. And then the plans are to modernize it. Yes, what does that mean?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, they can put a Mecca in there.
Speaker 2: That's the way to drive more people at Mecca of the weekend than the d scheme day.
Speaker 1: These game the whole third level was empty. They're like Mecca.
Speaker 2: Those des aren't they having a facial They're.
Speaker 3: Like updating me in the pods, you know, like maybe new seating and stuff. But I'm looking forward to it. The wheel was great. I don't know if you've been on it, but no, no.
Speaker 2: Not trusted that Scooby Doo thing. It's hardly hasn't spinning like four years.
Speaker 1: It's a desperate garner.
Speaker 2: Really, yea Melbourne we'd see and go, oh we really want to go on them close.
Speaker 1: It's a strange location.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, Oh so Dockland's nice, but then you've got all that industrial sort of rooftops, so you're mainly seeing one of the worst bits of Melbourne. While then you is pick it up and move it near the mcg and overlooking the Sports precinct.
Speaker 1: Oh that would be amazing that bit there it ain't a great view.
Speaker 2: Just I always warned people when you fly into Melbourne, listen and you're coming in to Melbourne, you got that drive in. Don't judge Melbourne on that drive into Melbourne from the airport, because it's an ugly looking city from that that view of it. It is you in Detroit and the airport isn't great as well, that airport, it really isn't.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast