Speaker 1: This episode of Outspoken is brought to you by mind Tan, where channing meets cosmetics and skincare. This is Outspoken, the podcast is not afraid to say exactly what you're thinking. Our names are Amy Kate and Sophie Torbor. We're identical triplets, but we often don't have identical opinions, so sometimes things can get heated. Outspoken covers all things reality TV, influencers, entertainment, and issues facing women. That is so thank you. Today we're joined by Lizzie from Married at First Sight to spill all the details about the popular show. Thanks so much for speaking to us with such short notice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not to worry, guys.
Speaker 1: How have you been keeping yourself entertained during this sort of awful isolation period.
Speaker 2: Lots and lots of books.
Speaker 3: Lots of books, lots of tea candles, about two hours in the bath every afternoon.
Speaker 2: Like along, like zoning out kind of mood right there.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that sounds amazing. Is are there any books you'd recommend?
Speaker 3: I finished one yesterday and I remember the It's called The Devil Inside. I can't remember the author, but I just started, like literally about an hour and a half ago.
Speaker 2: The day the lies began, so I'm getting right in there with the drama.
Speaker 3: And I also finished a romantic novel the other day.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're making me feel guilty because I've just been watching Netflix and I was going to see if you had any Netflix or even podcasts recommendations.
Speaker 2: Do you know what? I'm actually not a TV person?
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: I know people kind of go away, They're just like, but no, I'm not a TV person. But I if i'm I mustn't mean. I can't believe I'm gonna admit this.
Speaker 3: I had been watching vander Punk Rules back to back.
Speaker 1: Oh, I used to love that back in the day. I probably should start watching it again.
Speaker 2: It's so trushy.
Speaker 1: I love it. So did you watch ma Did you watch Maths then before you went on? Or does that explain no reason for signing up?
Speaker 2: Never ever watched Masks beforehand.
Speaker 3: Knew about it obviously, because like when I was driving to work, I was about an hour while drive every morning, so you'd have the like the morning radio, and there was always like a masked person on there.
Speaker 2: But had never actually watched it.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. So were you approached to go on it or were you Yes, I was I was approached, Oh wow, because it's so funny a couple of years ago. Because my sisters and I wear triplets. We actually got approached to go on it. And it was the series when they had the twins on it, so I think they were scouting out like multiple berths, but we yeah, we said no at the time. But but how did you were you found on Instagram or were you out in a bad I.
Speaker 3: Was literally at work and going on to the bathroom, so I was Michael Hill at that point, and I just walked to go to the bathroom and I heard this excuse me, excuse me, And I want to accomplised about to say this, but this is a salesperson technique.
Speaker 2: I want to lure them back to.
Speaker 3: And literally like, have you thought about being on reality TV before? And I was like, no, not really, but what show?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Like married? At first that I'm like, yeah, I heard of it, but I have never actually watched it.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, because it is kind of flattering when people ask you, were you flattered or did you initially think nah, I'm not doing this. Ah.
Speaker 3: Look, it's not the first time I've been asked. I've been scattered to things. So when I was younger.
Speaker 2: I actually I talk about this quite a bit.
Speaker 3: On my Instagram, but I'm not sure how many people are actually aware of it that I was. I have a chronic illness and I actually was really sick for about a decade. So that year that I got scouted, I was literally six months into having a job, which I hadn't had a job for ten years.
Speaker 2: I literally started work that year.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, so can you tell us more about your chronic illness?
Speaker 3: So basically I had a misdiagnosis and it was quite horrendous, and then they started to figure out that wasn't what the case was, and it's kind of like an ongoing thing.
Speaker 2: It is hard to manage. But yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just I'd started work and done really well within six months. So I just decided I was going to go move to Sydney and live with my brother and his family and just get work. And I ended up getting a job the first job I applied for, which was a jury store managing business and made it as a managing jury store, and then made it manager on the third day.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then not having a job for ten years.
Speaker 1: Then you get scouted for a reality show, absolutely killing it.
Speaker 2: It was crazy.
Speaker 3: It was absolutely crazy that that is how it happened.
Speaker 1: We're talking about maths. Obviously, you and seb are doing the whole long distance thing. How is that all going?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Good?
Speaker 3: We contact each other like every hour on the hour, like constant text messages. He does not have an iPhone, so he we what's that do the video face callao? Is that is the video face school? So like what's that FaceTime?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And then we talked like like first thing in the morning, that last thing at night, like just constantly talking.
Speaker 2: But he's going to try and get here next week.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. That's so exciting because he's in Adelaide and we're from Adelaide. And I did sort of watch with interest your first impressions of Adelaide and it does get a bad rap sometimes. But can you tell us a little bit more, how you know what you think about Adelaide? Now you've been a few times.
Speaker 2: I've been a few times now.
Speaker 3: It was more the first because I was sick for so long and I came from I was Sydney, but then Newcastle while I was sick, and then I just wanted more fast paced I didn't want to go back into a more slow.
Speaker 2: Lifestyle, and that was the perception I did have of Adelaide. But I love it.
Speaker 3: It's actually really chill, and I love the fact there's a church in every corner.
Speaker 2: Now I'm a.
Speaker 3: Little bit like my flavor. It was like a little bit Gothic. So I like the fact there's a church in every corner. But I also found out there's like a Hungry Jacks on every corner as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's very We actually used to live like right down the road from a Hungry Jacks and our cousins were so impressed because you could do the shake and win thing from our house, and they were like, this should be a selling feature of this property. Just back to maths. So once you get scouted, what sort of the process from there. I'm assuming there's lots of interviews and that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: That, yeah, but my process was a little bit different. I managed to make an impression.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I guess because I'm quite like a lot of people, quite reserved, and when you first meet me, even even the first chat that you know we're having, I'm quite open, Like I'm an open book. I'm actually, so I got a phone call the next day and within two weeks.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, you're.
Speaker 1: On the show within two weeks.
Speaker 3: Literally the next day. The next day, I had a phone call. They wanted a skype interview. They had a Skype interview. I filled out like one form and then I had an interview on a panel with one person and then basically had it. Wow, a lot of people went through I know people went through a bit more like more through more of a process.
Speaker 2: I actually just got it quite instantly.
Speaker 3: Wow. Cool.
Speaker 1: They always show the experts going and sniffing all the shirts and showing people photos. That's real, that is real.
Speaker 3: I had to wear a shirt overnight, so they don't want your wearing perfume or anything like that.
Speaker 2: You literally they want your own doorphins. And I thought, I was like laughing my head off, going what the hell have I even find? Because I read but I had not watched the show.
Speaker 3: Now producers on like people behind the scenes had told me to watch the show, and I refuse to do it because I don't like having a preconceived notion of what something is, so I don't like.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I was going to say, do you think you would have done it if you had watched the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I'm about because my life has already been so different then, I mean, everyone's life is quite different, but the fact that I was, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I was, I've just had a.
Speaker 3: Really different life with my illness and things I've done prior to my illness and everything like that that.
Speaker 2: I just wanted. My life's just been different, So I thought, why not?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, had you've had such a big TV transformation from your first being on Maths And then again, what do you think is behind that? Are you a bit of a chameleon and are usually changing things up? Or was your experience life?
Speaker 3: I constantly look different, and it's so funny because it's literally like because I only filmed for less than a month around a month last year, and I was only actually on the show for about three weeks, so people only saw me for about three weeks, and so I'm always.
Speaker 2: I love fashion. I absolutely love fashion, and I'm not just.
Speaker 3: I feel like so many people are focused on trying to improve their appearance, whereas I like to just dabble in everything. Like I'm talking like seventies Americana, to like goth to like to all of it, and then I know a lot of people go all about the weight loss.
Speaker 2: I actually and.
Speaker 3: This is where I feel bad because people always go, watch your Secret, blah blah blah. I actually, before I got Secret underweight. So my body tends to go underweight. So with the condition that I have, it's recommended to have a high club diet, and that's what I was following. So I was managing a store without having had a job for you know, and managed to do so well that I had to eat more to keep going because my body gives out on me and so.
Speaker 2: You need a high carb, high GI diet.
Speaker 3: So I was literally just throwing back as much food as possible, and so that's why I was curvier than what my average weight would actually be. So coming off the back of the show, I'm not working at the jury store back to back anymore.
Speaker 2: So that's why my weight has subsided. Oh wow, Well, so it's hard.
Speaker 3: It's hard because people always want like they go, oh, what's the secret, Like there's no secret.
Speaker 2: And like I wish I could, you know, give you something.
Speaker 3: I mean, I do occasionally follow the five two diet and occasionally do intermitive fasting. It's not really the best thing for my what I manage, but I occasionally do do it, but it's also like a meditation thing.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, now that you're in I, so, have you got any new looks that you're going to be testing out?
Speaker 2: I mean, tesse and you looks like every day.
Speaker 3: I love to have a play and I think it's a great thing to show everyone that you don't have to always look the same and you can think outside the box and.
Speaker 2: You can have fun with it. Just play with it. Who really keeps a crap what other people think? Just play with it.
Speaker 1: There's been a lot of guys that have been shaving their heads during IO. What would you do if Seb decided to do that because I've already warned my boyfriend not to do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I really like Sebi short hair.
Speaker 3: He kind of goes like he he likes his hair a bit longer and always like cut cut it, so he's been cutting it more recently. He's so hot when he cuts it, and then like I'm like I want him to get a fade. He's like, I'm not going that far, but I'm like, I think it'd be freaking hot. As Like, I like him with really short hair.
Speaker 1: Will you convince you convinced him to get the tattoo, so I feel like you could push for the haircut.
Speaker 3: No, he really loves his hair. I was just like, I love it short, so it goes shorter and short. And I haven't seen him for about three weeks, so I know that he had a haircut right before I left, and he had a haircut in between some like I'm thinking the short thing, he's you know, he's he's coming to terms with it.
Speaker 1: Well, just back to maths. And I suppose the experts, I mean they've divided opinion and there's talk of Kyle Sandaland's potentially being an expert. What what are your view on the judges and do you think Kyle would make a good or sorry not judges even though they seem judge on the experts, Sorry.
Speaker 3: They're actually really lovely people. Yeah, they're just this is what they're doing. It's just part of their job. I think they're lovely as individuals. With Kyle Sandalians, I have met him that a couple of times. The first time I did married at first sight, and he's actually like so lovely, like he is really really nice.
Speaker 1: Really he seems lovey, he seems hilarious. I'm surprised.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think I think that's obviously there's some people have more of a persona, but him behind the scenes is so fucking love like so lovely. So my sworry, No, he's actually so. I can't get over how lovely he actually is.
Speaker 1: So he might make a good expert then, because he might be able to sort of be kind, but then also a bit cruel when he needs some truthful you.
Speaker 2: Know what, I'm going to say something.
Speaker 3: I feel like the experts need to call out a few of those people in they're bullshit anyway.
Speaker 1: So yeah, no, it's so true. All they seem to do is focus on everyone's sex lives. Like that seems to be I mean, obviously it's.
Speaker 2: I kind of go with this is Look at guys, won't you start me? Like I will not shut up.
Speaker 1: I don't never love it. Literally.
Speaker 3: The thing is, it's a relationship show, and that's part of that's part of a relationship, whether you're doing it or not. If you you know, for instance, I know those people out there who stay celibate to the marriage, like actually you know married, so of course the marriages aren't legal marriages, right, So if someone was wanting to be celibate while during that time, they should talk about it and make other people feel okay about.
Speaker 2: It instead of kind of point you know what I mean, because.
Speaker 3: There are people out there who don't want it and they don't feel comfortable, and the should turn around and say, look, I want to stay celibate. And you know, when you get on that show, you have a platform, so use your voice for good.
Speaker 1: Well, we've got to ask what really goes on at the dinner parties? Is there any inside goss you can give us, because sometimes it looks like the contestants are like sweating. I'm assuming there's lots of lighting and you're there for hours, but that's just a guess. I don't know. I'd love to know what goes on.
Speaker 2: People look like they're sweating. That's in New One.
Speaker 4: I loved the dinner Parties and it's basically you're not meant to see each other while filming, right mm hm, you're not, because like what happens is the dinner parties and the commitment ceremonies or the time to catch up on everything.
Speaker 2: Right now, there's a lot of cheeky BUCkies.
Speaker 3: Who hang out afterwards, like who hang out when they're not meant to be And that's when they cause a lot of the drama. And then that's when I feel like a lot of people and their kind of go oh, you don't know what actually happens.
Speaker 2: Well, you were doing that when there's no camera. Random part of being on the.
Speaker 3: TV show is that you know you have to film the relationship dynamic.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I feel like I think they're great fun.
Speaker 3: I mean, sometimes I can't help myself and be a little bit of a ship stirer, Like I get out the spoon and just want to stir it a little bit, like provoke a bit of conversation.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, I.
Speaker 1: Love that you mentioned the point about some people, you know, ca noodling off camera, because there's been so much drama that's come out since Math's actually finished airing. Of course, there's Casey's relationship with Michael. Did that surprise you or did you sort of think there was something going on during filming?
Speaker 2: Oh god, there was the jury filming. There was definitely nothing. No good. No.
Speaker 3: I am Raly going to say one thing about this? What two things about this? First of all, you know, if they're happy, they're happy, good luck to it, do you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, I genuinely feel that because you never know who you're going to meet in that you know, that space.
Speaker 2: But then it's also unfortunate because I felt like there was a friendship with there with Stacy. So that's where I get a little bit like because I'm very much girl code.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm really that really is me and I kind of I would never go for someone else who was actually with someone else. And yeah, so that's why it's a bit messy. But if they're actually happy, you know, good good luck to them. And I hope they you know, I hope they make some you know, goodness with it.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, a lot of contestants come off the show and one of the first things.
Speaker 3: Look, the thing is, I can't speak for everyone's experience is different, right, but that's just everyone in life. I think that two things go on. It is a TV show and then and everyone's aware of that. And then secondly, you know, you know, you have a camera in your face twenty four to seven, right, and then try you have to condense it down.
Speaker 2: So they did all those things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just saying when they grow about the edits like, no, you did do that and you are aware of the process of how this works, So no tears there.
Speaker 1: We're talking about people who clearly did the wrong thing and we're edited to look like complete assholes. Let's go back to Sam and oh my gosh, we felt so sorry for you watching that, as did most of Australia. I mean, I feel like it took a lot of guts to then return for the second series. Did it sort of make you not trust the process or potentially the producers when you were going the second time round?
Speaker 3: During the interviews afterwards, right, a lot of people have said to me, oh, did you feel the pressure how you had to make it work?
Speaker 2: And I was like, I literally thought I'd get another asshole.
Speaker 3: I was talking to the producers going you make sure like he's someone gives me like, yeah, sure is he?
Speaker 2: But yeah, so it was I was really expecting another asshole.
Speaker 1: Well thank god I didn't get one, because se seems amazing and I think everyone was so happy when you got paired with him.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I kept saying, I'm going, why why are you on reality TV? Like what's the real just here, Like I was like, why you here?
Speaker 2: And I's just like, you know, because I am. And I'm like, hmmm, So I've.
Speaker 1: Got to tell you a fun story that you might be able to tell remind Seb of this. So Kate and I were journalists, so I used to work out, you know the show today tonight the techy. Yeah, and so I remember we were in Adelaide. We were doing a story about the party girls and party boys about and yeah, we got Seb into it, but he I think his football coach tipped him off that it might not be a good idea to be in it. So he was in. I think there were shots of him getting a spray tand but that was about it. He didn't go on the night out. And I feel so bad because I think I've seen it dragged up on Daily Mail. But it was. Yeah, it was quite a hilarious story that ended up going viral. And they went to LA in the end, didn't they. No, Seb didn't get to go.
Speaker 2: I knew about that. He showed me.
Speaker 3: He laughed, he laughed about it. He's like, oh my god. I'm like, oh my god, you were You're a party girl?
Speaker 4: Were you?
Speaker 2: He's like you, I'm the party girl.
Speaker 1: I'm glad he's laughing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't I know all about Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought it was a good sport for being on camera getting a spray tend, because there's a lot of men who probably should be getting spray tends that aren't. So yeah, but he looks so hot with it.
Speaker 2: He got So here's the thing.
Speaker 3: When we first started filming, because you know, you live with that person, right, he was like, oh, he was trying to actoor coy.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh, what's this? What's this you're using?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Do you think I should give it a go?
Speaker 3: And it was only later did I realize that he was like known amongst his friends and family for always tanning.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, and like people giving him stick about it. And I was just like, oh my god. But he was so coy. He's just like, oh, oh, and how do you put it on? And oh? And I was just like, you knew all along.
Speaker 1: I love that. Do you know what's hilarious?
Speaker 2: Our dad?
Speaker 1: So when we were living at home, we used to have all the fake han in the cupboard and he actually thought it was like a spray on one and he got it out of the cupboard, thinking it was deodorant and sprayed it under his arms. And then the next day he went to our mum and he thought he was dying because he had like orange on to his arms. He didn't understand. I mean, that was legitimate. He was being a closet sort of Tanner is like, let's say, maybe he wanted it evened out or something.
Speaker 2: But do you know what though, like, I feel like talk about it more.
Speaker 3: And that's what I really think is great about Sev is that he talks about emotions and he talks about things, you know what I mean, like, yeah, he's so open, Whereas you know, I feel like there's that stigma with men that you have to be a certain way and you can't talk about your emotions and how exactly you're feeling. So that to me was an attractive quality about him. And he's like, yeah, ten, what about it?
Speaker 1: Why can't boys tan? I mean we're all trying to, you know, stop sun baking and you know, burning our skin and potentially getting melanoma. Why can't men do that too? Because they want a tan? Like men look better with a tan. I don't know why they can't embrace the fake Tan. Maybe that's the new thing that we'll have to happen. Maybe sim should release a fake Tan. Yeah, I'm going to get on.
Speaker 2: To him about it. I'm going to get onto about it.
Speaker 3: I think like we should also when he's here next week, like for Instagram, like actually film is putting ten on.
Speaker 1: Yes, that would be great. I would watch that.
Speaker 2: I'll tag you guys in it.
Speaker 1: Remind me, yeah, we'll share it, We'll spread the word.
Speaker 2: I love it well.
Speaker 1: Obviously, Sadly, trolling seems to be a big part of the experience of going on maths and any sort of reality TV show. What has your experience been with trolling?
Speaker 2: I have a.
Speaker 3: Very thick skin, extremely so, almost to the point where some people can't believe how I sort of let it roll off my shoulders, right, And I think that explains itself, even the fact I came back for a second time, Yeah, exactly, especially when I got put like everything that had happened the first time around. I would not wish that on anybody. I'm glad that it happened to me, specifically that because I was able to handle it.
Speaker 2: I'm very proud of myself for doing so.
Speaker 3: I had no I knew nothing about it also, so when I sat down there in the reunion everything, I knew nothing about it. So I'm very proud of the way that I handled myself. Unfortunately, now it's stuck with it like I could people, you know, they still go on about my weight as a constant, like every time, like, yeah, I've googled myself, I'm going to put it out there like it's always about It's always about like Lizzy's weight loss, and I'm like, oh my god, guys, it was literally for three weeks.
Speaker 2: It's like a month.
Speaker 3: They give me a break. And it's hard though, because like my dms are clogged with tell us a secret and I'm like, oh my god, Like I was sick, I had to have more calories. And then I've always I had a problem with being underweight when I was in my teen years.
Speaker 2: So it's kind of like, you know.
Speaker 1: It's so frustrating because to me, you were a normal, pretty normal size when you were on there, like the first series, and then obviously, as you said, you've had this history of you know, being underweight or being a slim and build. It's just frustrating because girls will look at that and that have a normal you know, size ten or eight or whatever it was, and be like, oh, is that considered big when it's normal?
Speaker 3: That's what I hate about it as well, that's what I hate about it. So people I was actually we said the other day like, well, you know about a month ago. I can't belie it's nearly been that long. And I was saying to him like, the clothes I was wearing with him were the same clothes that I wore on the first series that I was on maps. Now it's just the size ten, but you know I always had stretchy size tens.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So literally though, although I've lost about ten kilos, I'm still wearing some of the clothes I was wearing there. And it's so weird because people are just like as if it's like, like I know it has it's quite it is different, Like it is quite different, but it's still me.
Speaker 2: So it's just weird that it's such.
Speaker 3: A topic and it's one of the first things that people ask me about when they're going guys, there needs to be more of a shift. It's like, why is that the most noticing about me coming back.
Speaker 1: On And it's like all women can talk about is oh, their weight, or that they've changed their hair color or you.
Speaker 3: Know, it's just like, oh my god, back and I think so me naturally, always changing up my appearance and everything.
Speaker 2: I hope that females or.
Speaker 3: In males, I hope that anyone can look at that and go, oh, it's okay, what you know. Our body's all change, you know, even women with pregnancy, Like I know a lot of my girlfriends, you know, some of them just had babies and that, and so their body changes as well, and there's so much pressure for them to get back into shape. It's like your body changes throughout your life, and that should be an okay thing, exactly.
Speaker 1: Just back to the trolling, I was quite surprised. Well actually I shouldn't be that surprised, but I did see a few of your former math's friends from your previous series or friends, yeah, commenting about you appearing again. I mean, Cyrel was quite vocal. She's had a few nasty things to say, which which surprised me. Were you a little bit taken aback by the comments?
Speaker 2: Oh god, no, not with her.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, you gotta remember I know I know these well, actually some of them I don't know but I knew her, so nothing surprises me that like nothing, like I think people would be shocked, but I won't ever go down that avenue.
Speaker 2: But people be very shocked to see how far people go.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, she she's had a baby with someone from Love Island.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm not gonna even comment on that, like honestly, because like I know the ins and outs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't worry about commenting.
Speaker 3: I'm not even like but no, but honestly, good luck to them, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Again, like I can't.
Speaker 3: I don't feel comfortable like people you know, they bag other people out.
Speaker 2: But again I knew her, and but I wish her good luck, do you know what I mean? And I actually I hope they're all happy.
Speaker 3: It's the same as because I know a lot of people go on about the Casey and Michael because I said something I'm talking marriage. I genuinely hope that, like they're good, Like I hope everyone is happy in their life. And why would I want to ever wash negative, wish negativity on someone, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I know a few other people had to say a few things.
Speaker 3: But the thing is, it's like, first of all, yell jealous exactly just.
Speaker 2: Saying because why else.
Speaker 3: And second of all, like I know a few of them, like you know, they they wanted more, you know, they wanted people to take notice of them.
Speaker 2: So they were just talking about anyone on the show this year as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I think that's what we loved about you. Obviously, you tell it how it is, but you have that girl code and you're not trying to just stirs. Well you did say you were trying to stir stuff up at the dinner, but you know you're not going out there like Sorell and trying to pull you down to.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: So that's the thing.
Speaker 3: Like obviously, you know you asked about, you know, doing stuff like this, and you asked about the media and even those dinner parties.
Speaker 2: Like I say, I say it like it is, I mean the dinner parties.
Speaker 3: When I say I was causing like storing the pot of bit, I was just calling out things that people won't talk about. Well, you are on a TV show as well, so like we've got to understand it's entertainment.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. But I basically a lot of people try to sweet things under the rugs and I'll be.
Speaker 3: Like, well didn't you say this? And you said that, and I'm like, please inform me of how that works. But I would never ever be malicious about someone. In fact, even other people who were quite horrendous about me last year, like when when like the after media from last year, I always gave people a way out and they some people still came to me Sam so but I gave him a way out saying, you know.
Speaker 2: This is you know, it's part and part of it.
Speaker 3: But then I kept getting you know, thrown about in the media negatively, and I actually never said anything. I will comment about people's actions on the show, aren't comment about them as people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, just you know, just touching on Sam. I saw a few articles pop up yesterday about how different he looks now. I mean, I know you probably have no interest in looking at his Instagram, but you check it out. It's quite shocking. He's I don't want to though, and it will make you feel bloody fantastic as we know you're winning out of the situation, but you have one. I mean, if there was a winner and a loser.
Speaker 3: Honest you guys, really, honestly, it's hard because, like I talk about the slandering and stuff that happened in the media and all those things said about me that I had no idea about, and I was kind of just left there to defend myself, right.
Speaker 5: I didn't like have any there was no I didn't know him, So I feel really fucking bad about talking about him freely because I don't know him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point. I don't know him.
Speaker 3: And even when they look like I was, you know, having four backs and just memory remember when them to this, you know, in this season, that was just part of people to remember that, like yeah last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, didn't you only see him at the wedding and then he kind of pissed off.
Speaker 3: Like then we did live together for about three days and I'm like it was like we just cleaned and cooked and then basically like I actually fled. So I got sick though, and I hadn't told him that about my illness and stuff.
Speaker 2: I covered everything up.
Speaker 3: So even the second time going on, I was like, okay, to bit come clean with you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so well, and I know that producers would have had a huge part to play in you know, both series. Can you explain to people who might not understand the producer contestant relationship because from what I understand, you've got a producer that's with you the whole time or with the couple.
Speaker 2: There's a huge duty of care.
Speaker 3: They're lovely people, and when people kind of go, all right, so you film me for you know, sort of every day, right, and you filming every day, and then it is also a TV show, so they have to take the significant parts out so they kind of rap up the situation or whatever.
Speaker 2: But that's it.
Speaker 1: Well, that is really interesting because I think there's so many people who don't know the role of the producer. I did see that Michelle recently put up on okay, which you put on her Instagram. Oh gosh, I don't if you heard that.
Speaker 2: I did hear that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's normally our cat crying in the background, thunderstorm there.
Speaker 2: Do you have? I love cats?
Speaker 6: Oh really?
Speaker 1: Oh, we've got two rag dolls Bentley and.
Speaker 2: A rag Do have two rag dolls? Yeah? But I have now just Coco does.
Speaker 1: Yours shed fur constantly.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Now he's close to sixteen now because they last to about twenty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh my gosh, there's the most gorgeous cats.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I would never probably get another cat besides the rag dog. Because they've also got that dog like nature. Yeah, did you play fetch?
Speaker 2: When?
Speaker 1: Because we had Bentley, we call him Lord Bentley. We had him first and before he had his sister Gig, he did used to play fetch. But yeah, does Coco fetch?
Speaker 3: Coco didn't, but his brother who passedwayed about two years go, Malick did.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so cool. I love them. I just they're just the best, Like they follow you around, as you said, like a dog and just I mean you can't even have a shower or anything without them being.
Speaker 2: I know, I love Oh, I love them, I love them.
Speaker 1: We'll segueing back to Michelle's post. She mentioned that there was some form of relationship at least between her and the paparazzi and that you guys are basically warned by producers not to talk to them. What's the reality there? Do you guys have a relationship with the paparazzi or is that all.
Speaker 2: Most most of the people do the contestants do?
Speaker 3: I do not, so I if you kind of even do a googling like sort of search, you right, you know how like a lot of them there's a pap shot with something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they normally always pull.
Speaker 3: The images from my Instagram because I so what that means is the relationship they're getting paid for pap posts.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, when Casey and Michel came out, it was so obvious that those pap shots have been set up with them using their little hand sanitizers. So that does not surprise me or did it kind of annoy you though, that some people would do that.
Speaker 2: What annoys me about it is the fact that.
Speaker 3: Look, you gonna be like, look, these people are putting themselves out there, and if they're getting paid a bit of money to do that, good on them.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean? It's not my style.
Speaker 3: Annoys me is when people assume that I have a paid part person. Yeah, so I've been sort of people have ever said that about me? No, I think I've done one one one of the first time around, but that was it and I decided never to do it again because I just thought I can't like people might also be surprised that, you know, you get invited invited to a lot of events go while appearing on a reality TV.
Speaker 2: I basically don't go to any of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got no interest whatsoever into being in that life.
Speaker 1: M hm, well, how much how much would people get paid for, you know, like a roundabout figure for setting up a photo opportunity.
Speaker 3: I I'm not going to go into the complete room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's much trouble.
Speaker 3: I can get in for saying that sort of thing, but it's not much unless it's kind of like.
Speaker 1: It's not really worth it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. So basically like people will get.
Speaker 6: Money if they are made to look like they're with someone else, which will normally be organized. Oh yeah, so I've seen so much of that, so it's not genuine relationships.
Speaker 2: So they're just paid to be with a person.
Speaker 3: Or if bikini shots, every single person that you see in the magazine, they go, oh, you know, that's such an unflattering thing.
Speaker 2: They got them in their bikinia. They got money for their honey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so interesting. That happened all the time on The Bachelor. I remember there were all those there, I can't even remember their names, that there were two female contestants who were caught kissing outside a restaurant and it's like, really, how are the paparazzi going to know they're there at that time?
Speaker 3: What I want want to say, how the hell if you're just randomly at this little boutique randomly, Hell, they're going to know where you are.
Speaker 2: My god. I walk around.
Speaker 3: So there's a shopping center near my parents' house, right, So I walk around. There were ten on like no bra like no, like seven I went down there with no shoes on, right, And it's kind of like, wouldn't wouldn't there be a paparazzi fuel date? Are they going to know them?
Speaker 1: And you never see the peppara? Well, I mean we're in Adelaide, so okay, we'll take that with a grain of salt. Well, whenever I'm in Melbourne or Sydney, I never see just paparazzi out on the street. Like it's not like la, you know, they're not just around.
Speaker 2: I mean it's called for.
Speaker 3: And then like if you see them out like there's sometimes the one thing I will say though, if you have a friend in the media, right, and then you kind of like go to a party or something and that they might be lingering around, right, but you've got up and say hello to them, it's not you know, like I don't know, it's weird. It's just a paid relationship. You know, they're just trying to make an income as well. I mean some of them can be quite nasty, though.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what can we expect? I mean, it's it's sorry, I say, what can we expect to see from you in twenty twenty? Obviously it's been interrupted by COVID nineteen? But what can fans expect from you?
Speaker 3: I am in a kind of like a debate to kind of go under the raidar and basically disappear.
Speaker 2: Again. Like I enjoy seeing how everything works right, the whole aspects of the dynamic of a TV show.
Speaker 3: And you know, I can't believe I actually freaking met my boyfriend off married first, like obviously, like I wanted to find someone, but you're going to be skeptical. I'm going to be really real, honest, You're going to be skeptical if you're going to have a good time. And I can't believe I met my boyfriend, right, So it's kind of like I just I don't know, Like I might have a bit more fun with in the public eye, but I don't know if.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna continue down that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we can't wait to see you. Have been so amazing. Thank you so much for speaking with us. We haven't talk to you, I know, so can we and but I was like, oh, I feel bad. I don't want to like take up the rest of your time. But yeah, thank you so much. I'm so glad to hear your fellow rag doll lover as well. Yeah, I know that was a new new thing, daily Mail. I'm just joking. Oh, thank you. It was so lovely to talk to you. And I hope you get to see seb with some short hair and tan soon, Like I.
Speaker 3: Just you tell me he's booking his flights today, so whether he gets hoored or not. But then I like, as soon as COVID's done, like I'm going to be an adelaide.
Speaker 1: Oh that's exciting. I was going to recommend some spots to go to, but you know, everything shuts.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll let you guys know. When I'm actually there, I'll be like, come take me out, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we definitely you can come and cuddle our rag dolls as well. Sure they'd love to meet you.
Speaker 2: Leave though I leave.
Speaker 1: Amy's boyfriend would be happy about that because he's taken over the rag dolls, so he's always looking for people to take them. Yeah, anyway, we'll let you. But thank you so much. Your absolute legend. Thanks guys, Thank you bye. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: A quick word from today's sponsor. While stuck in Io, we've been working on our skin with constant zoom calls and nights in. We've been embracing the natural look with Mine Tan's tanning facial Miss. They're so good because they build up a natural looking tan and also hydrate the skin. It also gives you the confidence to wear no makeup. I'm also loving the tan milk. It's also great as part of your post tanning routine as it helps you prolong your tan. You can also use it to build up a gradual tan. We have tried our fair share of fake tans, and mind Tan is an absolute game changer. The Salon Professional Formula lets you customize your tan based on your skin type, tone, and desired skin finish. Outspoken listeners can receive twenty five percent off their order at the checkout using the discount code Outspoken