Speaker 1: Cut Flex and Frooms, getting near it.
Speaker 2: It's on the tip of my tongue though, cutting grass and a bit of.
Speaker 1: Flex and guys. Oh my god. Sorry, Ron. We have been on holidays, but we thought we'd give you a sweet little treat for the real ones.
Speaker 3: Here's a little mini party episode.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Flex and Frooms. I'm Kator.
Speaker 3: I got a message the other day about dreams. We have hacked main frame. Yes, the main frame hath been hacked with our listeners. People are having literal midnight dreams about us. They're entering rem.
Speaker 2: Astro projecting into ol.
Speaker 1: We're following them in.
Speaker 3: We're getting through the wateryhole. And this is from a woman called Rachel Tobin. She goes and marm I just add my DMS in our open everybody. I know there's been some issues replying stories. It was because of the refraf. Now I'm ready for the refraff. So just hit me up only if it's something good, like a compliment, or if you've got a brother to set me up with.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine were seeing that DM though, and you get some suggestions and that you're just not feeling.
Speaker 1: How do I like unread something exactly.
Speaker 2: You have to block a delete at that point, all right.
Speaker 3: She said three me, I had a dream last night that my car got stolen and you drove me around helping me to find it.
Speaker 2: It would never happen. She would never do that for you.
Speaker 1: She would never, she said. One of my one for the dream interpreter on the show. What does it mean?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Unfortunately the dream interpreter that we had on a few isn't on speed Tile one and done. But I think that means that I'm a reliable person.
Speaker 3: And I think the story about me getting my car broken into and set on fire.
Speaker 2: Maybe that might have triggered something for you perhaps.
Speaker 3: And then I had another email from Sorry another day and by Purient, who is an Australian Melbourne based artist. She actually dates the guy from These New South Wales, Mossie. She writes, Babes, I just want to say I had a dream that you in Flex and I went on a boat trip and we were convicts on the run.
Speaker 4: Well, how do we go from boat trip's luxury?
Speaker 2: It's a convicts on the run.
Speaker 1: And this is why I.
Speaker 2: Said you where the company you keep? Because that would never be me.
Speaker 1: We're a piano cruise, subsisting on jelly only. What is happening? Okay?
Speaker 2: Then what happened?
Speaker 1: She said?
Speaker 3: It was an extremely fulfilling dream because I was laughing the whole time, even though we were fleeing the pobo must because I listened to your pot every day ritually, big fan, big love. So if we were convicts, what did we get incriminated for?
Speaker 4: I mean, I was definitely just like an accessory to a crime, Like I don't think I even meant to be there.
Speaker 3: You're the ringleader who gets everyone else to be the scapegoat. On the scapegoat, I say, we were stealing hot dog buns.
Speaker 2: Likely any other dreams.
Speaker 1: I'm always behaving very well in dreams, I find, yeah, playing the jokes to the tricks. So what about you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I liked the dreams people sent through I had. I used to have a highlight on my Instagram. Maybe I got rid of it.
Speaker 1: Would you want to know if something had a wet dream about you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it depends if I was keen, Oh here I found it. Dream cameos So I had a dream that you were getting married on this huge yacht sleigh me and boats something there and You're wearing this black suit with a diamond and crusted collar, and you were crying because the wedding wasn't perfect, so you just ran away. Same then somebody else said.
Speaker 2: I had a dream.
Speaker 4: I was telling you about my upcoming YouTube ideas and you're and you were like, nah, that's going to flop.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've got a social relationship dilemma.
Speaker 1: The title is my dating dilemma.
Speaker 3: I'm a guy who's below average and attractiveness but can't seem to feel fulfilled by or attracted to women in my leg Should I force myself to settle?
Speaker 1: No, sugly bab I like petite women with what's that?
Speaker 2: Calvin Harris son, I get all the girls I get.
Speaker 4: Oh, I like them king I like them, blonde head girls, yes, I like them, short haired girls.
Speaker 1: I like them, skinny girl girls. I like them caring a little bitty weight girls.
Speaker 2: He didn't say fat. He didn't say that on purpose. What a dog.
Speaker 1: Let's continue though, Okay, I love Calvin Harris.
Speaker 2: Is there more too?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, shout out Calvin. I guess you could tell from the question that I'm a total new when it comes to dating. I'm twenty seven and spent my life ignoring and intimidated by the dating aspect. Now I'm getting a bit comfortable with it, and I've had a couple of dates already, but I'm realizing I don't have much going for me.
Speaker 1: Oh, king, this is your issue, he.
Speaker 3: Goes, I'm not tall five foot eight and I'm not a smooth talker, but I do I have a fit build and good sense of style. Okay, so he's got some positive attributes that he sees in himself. Anyway, the question to more experienced guys and gals should I try shooting for someone i'm attracted to who's out of my leag or should I be happy with someone I'm only mildly attracted to physically but can enjoy my time around.
Speaker 2: Why are you gonna work like that?
Speaker 1: I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Fall into the only once the ones he can't have category, and I don't want to be shallow either, But I can't control who I get attracted to. Anyone had similar thoughts or concerns.
Speaker 2: This is the real world that we're in. This is the real world.
Speaker 4: I will say everybody should date who they want, but unfortunately, for the way things work, you must date who you can.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget when you said that for the first shocked to mony core.
Speaker 4: Now in your position, King, I think that there's a lot of self observation and a lot a lot of self awareness. Wow, and those are two separate things. You being able to observe how you think you fit into the grand scheme is a good starting point. But I think you're laying the pieces in a way where they make sense to you. Oh, I can't get this girl because she must be too attractive, and this girl wants me. But if she wants me, maybe she's only like not as hot because I'm not that hot. It's all creating, like a really clear puzzle picture that soothes the ego.
Speaker 2: Not productive.
Speaker 4: We know a bunch of people who are not equally yoked in attraction, academics income who date well. So focus less on the perception of what it is for you to be dating and practice on becoming more eligible.
Speaker 2: You say yourself, you'ren't really giving much. You're a nube. Those are your words. I'm not being shady.
Speaker 4: So focus on being less of a nube and being more attractive to people you're trying to attract.
Speaker 1: What about the three four women. Where are they to go?
Speaker 2: Well, the thing is beauty is a either beholder.
Speaker 4: I'm always so fascinated when I pull up a hottie on my phone and my friends are repulsed. It happens more than you think. So I really think there's someone for everyone. I'm telling you, I'll pull up what I think is a ten out of ten and my friends are frowning, like not even trying to. I'm like, that is that's really what a good picture to disturb?
Speaker 2: It's scary.
Speaker 4: So I'm not worried about arbitrary rating systems. I feel like outside of the social norms of dating, you go one degree below.
Speaker 2: We get into the underbelly.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of amazing stuff happening that doesn't make sense to social norms. People you think are fugly, feral freaks. Dating ten out of ten's happily you wouldn't believe it. Be free, be freech above your way, or get rich two options speaking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ask yourself, what would Elon do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it just feels like we have a story for every situation.
Speaker 3: We haven't even scratched the surface, and this one is demonic. I want to give everyone a extreme warning now at times we give content warnings, maybe once or twice.
Speaker 1: This one's really big.
Speaker 3: It's probably the biggest we've done in the six months that we've been on air. This is a story involving a nipple ring. If you are from Melbourne, more specifically the Eastern suburbs South easn suburbs, you may know this story that I'm about to say about a nipple ring.
Speaker 1: But for everyone else strapping.
Speaker 3: I was at a party on the weekend, okay, and a friend of mine tells me a story. We're talking about nipple rings. Essentially, my friend came out or in a sheer top.
Speaker 1: No brah. We go, oh my god, you should get a nipple ring with that top.
Speaker 3: And a girl says, hold on a second, I've got a story for you. Oh no, this is the worst thing I've ever been thinking about it.
Speaker 1: I don't everyone want to hear it. A friend of her friend she had taken her nipple ring out and.
Speaker 3: She looked down and she saw a little boob pue hanging out at her nipples. So she flatly shat her pants and then passed out.
Speaker 1: And when she came to, so it turns out it was an end. If you google, they look like little hairs. What that is? Oh my god? I love the heavy ge.
Speaker 4: No, I can't get them because my teographics going, no, they go out. My eyes twitching again, maybe the twitches from stress, because why is my eye twitching? No? That is I don't even want to ask more details. I'm really so do we know the girl?
Speaker 1: Can we?
Speaker 2: Can we reach out?
Speaker 3: So I put a sneepet on my story and a friend of mine who went to particular school in Melbourne said, isn't this a what's it called? When it's a lot old wives tale? Old wives ts? And then I saw messaged the friend who told me the story, and I said, my friend said, I screenshot it and he's like, oh I heard this story at this school, and Margo goes, yep, the girl went to that school. Oh so it actually happened to that school. That my elephant really Yeah, okay, she.
Speaker 1: Might be a bit scarred.
Speaker 3: But apparently if you touch a nerve ending because I started redditing it, the pain is so bad that you pass out and bombing yourself.
Speaker 1: I'm not surprised. So yeah, that's my story. Glad I got a reaction kind notes herself.
Speaker 4: Don't get nipple piercings. I have not heard a good story about nipple pier sing never. I took to who has one, who's like they never really heal, always kind of crusty.
Speaker 1: What happens? Only have a baby. The milk's squirting everywhere. Well, the milk's not like a sprinkler. Okay, okay, what do you.
Speaker 4: Mean the milk's coming out with three coming Yes, but I would assume that I guess it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is coming out of three holes.
Speaker 1: Actually, no one teaches you this in nipple rings. They don't. They don't. You're listening to Flex and Rooms on Kita.
Speaker 2: We have gossip, I light, it's not often that we have gossip.
Speaker 3: Honestly, Flex that I've been going out every weekend together. Yeah, it's been at least two weekends in a row.
Speaker 1: It's not four.
Speaker 2: I would say.
Speaker 4: From the day I saw you, from the night I saw you at the Wrangler party that was the start of October, I've been getting.
Speaker 2: Near it every week since.
Speaker 3: We have to varying degrees of success, I'd say, but attempting to get near it is like seventy percent of the battle.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's the real challenge.
Speaker 1: So we had the.
Speaker 3: Arias a couple of weeks back. It was a very exciting situation for me. It was one of my first live crosses on TV that I was doing, which is a unique challenge. I will say, I think when you're watching someone on TV it looks easy. When you're in the moment, it's a brain challenge. The brain is computing at a speed that is both exciting and terrifying.
Speaker 4: And I guess to explain because I used to think before I started working on TV that everything was off the dome, that everyone was just really charismatic and they could what they want when they want, because they want, and that was the vibe when realistically, if it's for some big corporation with a lot of stakeholders and it's live, chances are using a teleprompter, and that's very weird to have to read out what's been written and to sound conversational and natural, and to bounce off another person and have people in your ears all right, counting down, five, four, three two.
Speaker 2: It's just a lot.
Speaker 1: It's so much.
Speaker 3: And of course because this is a live event that's on a red carpet and then in another zone, no teleprompter.
Speaker 2: Oh, there wasn't a little Telly No oh off the domio.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is a domeio Grin situation, bloodshed and carnage on the red carpet. So I'm going to give you a play by player which actually happens backstage, backstage, like the whole my whole experience with that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the KFC fans red red rooster.
Speaker 3: Oh so sorry, sorry, yeah, please continue all chicken base for suits. Who is ending? It was getting to the end of the night, okay, and it was time. We were kind of doing this thing where we were back announcing people that are just ones who've got little que cards. But I don't like reading off a que card when I'm on camera because it looks a bit rookie. So in the EPA, someone's like, okay, you're going to announce who just performed. Then you're going to go through three winners. But often the times would change. They're like, you got to do this in thirty seconds, You've got to fill two minutes. You know, it's like very much on the go. It's first time working with Christian. He was fantastic. I loved it. He brought a really punished, polished energy. I brought a bit more of a chaotic energy. But that's what people want, That's what I want to watch. Anyway, Then about we've probably got like three more segments to do, so I probably got an hour and a half to go. Christian and I singing down and he goes, we're getting ripped online, and I said, what I said, what's going.
Speaker 4: On at that timing to let you know as well, we're getting roots online in a good way love it or so.
Speaker 3: This was the first time that I realized i'd said I said, I had said something on air that I was not meant to say.
Speaker 4: Because up to that point, you like that we're just racing through it. We're killing it, we're killing it. We didn't have FLEXI to be like, what was that? Wait one more time they set you up? They set you up.
Speaker 3: No, So what I did was I was back announcing the Chats had just won an award for their album Get Fucked Yeah, which we're allowed to say on air. In my day's haze and excitement, I accidentally said the chat's just one for fuck you, which is abuse life on broadcast and like you said it with a huge grin, you know what, Like it's.
Speaker 1: Actually quite strange for things to be this live.
Speaker 3: Often with live there's like a one hour delay, yeah, whereas is live on the TV, like even like Live ish where it's like being cut up. And then this was fully live ten seconds to live. So of course I said the F word you're not meant to say on broadcast.
Speaker 1: I know, an m raated thing. I say fuck you.
Speaker 2: And you get penalties. I'm pretty sure not you.
Speaker 3: But yes, well I don't think they will in this timeslot because it was after eight, it was eight fifteen pm.
Speaker 1: But like, no one ticks.
Speaker 3: Me off for anything, so I thought it was fine. And the EP John Lay is a fucking legend. He's the Irish guy that got me through the door last year. Then Christians like getting ripped. I look up the article. They've picked the most savage picture of US two. I'm like screamed, like not screaming, but I look like a banshee and it's like the worst defenders were backstage. Wait to be honest. Headline they've picked the hottest picture of Like, we look good in that picture. I like that picture of the release. What's the headline?
Speaker 1: The headline was.
Speaker 3: Just like savaging the arias full stop the whole broadcast, right, But here we go. The worst defenders were backstage host Christian Wilkins and Lucinda fromes the Let's just cut it there. My name's Lucinda, Frome's Price, It's Licinder Price, It's frooms Okay, yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Let's you've got that wrong.
Speaker 3: You're not the only one who appeared frequently throughout the night but seem to have no idea what was going on?
Speaker 1: Love that then it said that it goes straight into a quote from me, not a quote.
Speaker 3: The Best Hard Rock award went to The Chats for Fuck You Friends announced letting an uncensored F bomb slip on Channelmind at around eight fifteen pm. Then in brackets in fact, the Chats album is get Fucked. So I mean he's not wrong.
Speaker 4: There are few things here is a lie is not one.
Speaker 1: FLEXI.
Speaker 3: As you know, I have an interesting tech not so much to take it step off, But how do I say the social ramifications of being a tech bo or tech bo jason to me? There's a lot of talk about Silicon Valley and whatnot.
Speaker 1: You know what, Mark.
Speaker 3: Zuckerberg, if you listen to this, this is one for you and your hosts. Someone sends me a message, right because on the podcast a few weeks ago, I said, what even are all these tech jobs? What are all your titles? What's an account manager? What's a product manager? Yeah, what's a consultant?
Speaker 2: Tech slander?
Speaker 3: What's the Loyd guys? I still haven't gotten a conclusive answer at this point.
Speaker 2: Put me a hand up. Mikhael knows.
Speaker 3: Upon hearing this, somebody has DMed me to give me a thorough understanding of what every job is in the tech world.
Speaker 1: Are you ready, flex mummy?
Speaker 2: I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Number one consulting.
Speaker 3: You make powerpoints and also you will get late night emails from the partner of the firm asking plus fix p l Z fix No like punctuation.
Speaker 4: I kind of like that, though, because what slows me down from doing emails is email formatting.
Speaker 2: Hey, whoever, hope you're well. I was just.
Speaker 4: Thinking so and so and so I prefer please fix. That's the big dog in me.
Speaker 1: Account manager. You are the client's punching bag. End scene. Product manager.
Speaker 3: The customer tells me what's wrong with the product, and I tell other people how to fix the product.
Speaker 2: That's cool, bit of you. Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 1: She goes on.
Speaker 3: If someone tells you that they work in tech. You could just say that's really vague, like a business, and instead ask them what's your elevated pitch? Loll This chick is choosing violence. Finally, if someone says they work in tech, she reckons it. It means that they don't earn a lot of money but genuinely believe they'll be rich one day. So it's not for your like I want to be rich in two years type of person. This is a long haul game.
Speaker 4: This is feeling really pointed and brutal. Well, I didn't know was that deep. Do you think people say they work in tech because you gen pop normies don't understand the details of what's happening behind closed doors.
Speaker 2: It's almost like.
Speaker 4: When you ask your friend what they do for work and they regret it instantly because you don't really want to know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, do you really want to?
Speaker 4: I'm a product manager for customer services of AI products.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm explaining. Finally, and this one's a kicker listening. If someone says they work.
Speaker 3: For a startup, ask them what VC funding they have received so far and what their burn rate is, And no matter what they say, say.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, are you a bit worried about it going under?
Speaker 3: Are that so? The next on a dating app with works in Tech account manager at Tech, I'm coming for you, brother.
Speaker 1: It's not looking good. You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 4: For more, Tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.