Speaker 1: Christian Christian O'Connell Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're doing this morning's Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 3: This is a weird one.
Speaker 1: It has to be chocolate ripple cake.
Speaker 4: Your last ward. David's plays you wrong, mate?
Speaker 2: Can you go past heavy dough? I'm here to true so.
Speaker 1: Definitely there is only one, the Mighty Kingston.
Speaker 2: My favorite bit of that is I'm here to defend true sourdough, not sour dough, true true South Ado. Hi, it's Tiper your big strong opinions on this week's Mount Rushmore. There's only room for four, so make a strong case. This week we turn our attentions to movie baddies. Seventy great villains and baddies in.
Speaker 1: Movies that we've loved over the years.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have a great movie, you need the classic story of good and bad and who is on the side of bad.
Speaker 1: Having an interviewed a lot of.
Speaker 2: Actors over the years, I've always loved asking in a movie, would they rather play a GOODI or Baddy?
Speaker 1: It's always Baddy.
Speaker 2: You longer opinions about the great baddies who have scared us, who are so evil.
Speaker 1: Who actually hate them at times don't you.
Speaker 2: You really are, But there have been some amazing performances from Actus and movie baddies, so they can only be four. So who has to be on a mount rushmore of movie baddies?
Speaker 1: Who is it for?
Speaker 2: You? Give us a call this morning, make your case nine four one four one four three Jack?
Speaker 1: Who are you going to be going for?
Speaker 3: Well, we were talking about Batman just earlier. Heath Ledger's joker is right up there.
Speaker 1: Why soul serious? What a performance? Brilliant?
Speaker 3: He was fantastic. I mean, are we going for the scariest or most lunatic? I mean all of that? Yeah, and that's what he was. A complete madman. I wouldn't want to come up against him any day of the week.
Speaker 1: Now. He looked terrifying as well.
Speaker 2: The makeup that was all kind of weird than just in those in that movie as well. When he's not in scenes, you're you're just twitching about where is he?
Speaker 1: What's he up to? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And Christian BeO is amazing the whole Dark Knight trilogy. Christian Bow is an incredible act. Time You've never seen Christian Bell in a bad movie just becomes these characters and you know he transforms his bodies and his accents. Wouldn't believe he's a British guy, but he's a great. However, you know, Christian BeO, I'm sure would admit he is blown off the screen by the charisma, the evil charisma of Heath Ledger's amazing performance as the Joker.
Speaker 4: When you think of the Dark Knight, you think a Hitler.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not to.
Speaker 3: Take anything away from Jack Jaquin Phoenix's call Jack.
Speaker 2: Jack Phoenix, home Mate Phoenix, Joe Phoenix, I love him.
Speaker 3: He would be my next best joker. Then Jared Lado in Suicide Sure.
Speaker 1: Go through a separate mount rushmore just jokers now a.
Speaker 4: Lot over the years there, and then Jack Nicholson last.
Speaker 2: Yeah he was more comical comedy joker. Yeah, But Heath Ledgers Joker, I think that has to go up there. Not just I think in movie history one the greatest performances from an actor ever. It's incredible and so powerful. But in terms of baddies, he is terrifying and that very good Patsy was it for you?
Speaker 4: It's got to be Hannibal Lecter, doesn't it. From Silence to the Lambs, he's got to be.
Speaker 1: Up there and Hannibal Letter is your spirit animal.
Speaker 4: To so many lines from that I ate his liver with some father beans.
Speaker 3: What's he for?
Speaker 4: I thought that was you playing it from the original movie.
Speaker 1: Now, I thought I'd find off the clip by accident. Then what a powerful accent there.
Speaker 2: You can't spot the difference between what parts he just reenacted and from the actual movie. Let's play it now. The census taker once tried to test me. I ate his lever with some father beans and a nice candy.
Speaker 4: Movie terrified me that movie.
Speaker 3: Because like, who's the worst bad guy in that? Because the Buffalo Bill guy is just as bad.
Speaker 1: You see the guy with that down that pits. Is he passed the lotion? Yes he is.
Speaker 2: Buffero Bill is actually more terrifying. But Anti Hopkins says, Hannibal Letter is a terrifying Baddy Patsy. And what is the last scene of the movie where he's chilling just on the phone, you know what he calls her?
Speaker 1: Is he at the airport and he's somewhere else? Isn't he on.
Speaker 2: In the white suit in the Panama hand? He's about to kill and eat somebody else, isn't he? So yeah, I think you make a strong case there, Patsy.
Speaker 1: For me, it has to be this guy, I am your father to me.
Speaker 2: As a kid, I've been a big fan of Star Wars movies. I found him terrifying. It was everything about him. He was just Darth Vader was just huge in so many ways, not just as evilness, but he just feels he was this big.
Speaker 3: He was this.
Speaker 2: Huge, the cloak, the helmet, and way ahead of COVID.
Speaker 1: He had that mask. No COVID for old Darthy boy.
Speaker 2: The whole breathing and the even when he wasn't talking or choking out his henchmen or villains and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: He was incredible.
Speaker 2: And then there's the fact that he goaded his son Luke into a lightsaber jewel and chopped off his own son's hands.
Speaker 1: That's how evil he was a father.
Speaker 4: You guys are parents, You would never do that.
Speaker 1: I'd like to think not, but you can never.
Speaker 3: You know, home schooling's getting a bit annoying.
Speaker 2: So for me, it has to be Darth Vader. I was terrified and amazed and equal measures as a kid by Darth Vader.
Speaker 1: I just thought it was an incredible performance.
Speaker 2: And many many years ago I was doing something and I managed to actually go round to the actor that is inside. Dave Prowse was the guy who was Darth Vader the originally he was inside there. But Dave Prowse is a big, big British guy who was a bodybuilder and he got Christopher Reeve in shape for Superman. He's a massive guy, and that's why George luc was like, that's dark Fader, that guy would put him in the outfit. Dave didn't know. Dave is from the West Country in England. What you need to understand that is it's a lot of farmers down that way and they speak a bit late there. You know, it's not gonna be terrifying, Luke, I am your father, that kind of They sound like bumpkins. Dave didn't know, so he does the films all the bits right, he doesn't. It takes his family to the premiere of what's about to become the biggest movie in the world and they see dar Vader and then they hear and see another voice and it's not him. Jes Lucas had forgotten, you know, when they just would tell Dave later on that obviously he's not gonna be his bumpkin voice as Darth Vader. We'll get James L. Jones in post production. Here be Darth Vader. But no one ever told. So he did all the lines in that bloody great hell.
Speaker 4: That's amazed.
Speaker 3: You would think on set when he's going like, oh, you want me to take that line again?
Speaker 1: About that?
Speaker 2: Dave, you have told Jane you're going to do it today, weren't you in get him up there, he gets his taxi, you know, and then Dave still has there.
Speaker 1: But they made two original Dark Vader. He still has them.
Speaker 2: And I went around his house and he showed me them. I they're huge, really really heavy, and he said that, you know, when you have home and contents insurance, yeah, to put down if there's a certain I think there's a limit. Isn't that of what they cover? Five or ten thousand dollars? Because he's got the original Darth Vader helmet, he had to apply for an extra kind of limit on his Home and Contents insurance. And you know you do it all over the phone, don't you. And it's just someone in the call center just going through. You're just a name on it is going.
Speaker 4: To you estimate like the plus your car.
Speaker 2: How would you describe this, and he had to say, wow, it's a large, kind of like this is a bit like a Darth Vader helmet. And the pus went, oh, it's not the actual one, as he went, yes it is. Yeah, it's the Dark Fader helmet. So it's also a fully insurance
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show podcast