Speaker 1: Cute flex and frooms getting near it.
Speaker 2: It's on the tip of my tongue though, cutting grass and a bit of.
Speaker 1: Flex and from.
Speaker 3: Whitty Pies and everybody else. We are on holidays. These girls do need breaks. It's actually like a legal requirement. But we thought we couldn't leave you high end. I would never do that because we have a commitment to you. And so here is a little sweet bone. If before you hope you love and if you do share it, why are you gatekeeping on? Tell your friends and tell a friend, please please, mister Deeley.
Speaker 2: This is flex and Frooms on kit. So last week I received a DM. Somebody slid in, a little cheeky one, a cheeky DM from a man. Yes, very presumptuous, but he slid in saying, oh, just give you a bit of context. Yeah. So I didn't know who he was, but I clicked on his profile because his little avatar was like quite attractive. And it turns out that he is an ex Survivor star. Oh I've never watched the show, okay, but like we get it, we get to watch the viver to know. So he slides into my DMS saying, you're funny at times.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's worse than I thought.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 1: I thought?
Speaker 3: You said you're kind of funny? Sometimes you're funny at times?
Speaker 2: I yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, pistuff. I'm feeling anger in my loins at this.
Speaker 3: Because now I want the I don't want the feedback, but like, what's not clicking?
Speaker 2: You know, like what didn't hit?
Speaker 3: What didn't land? Which bit fell fell dry?
Speaker 2: Is it the shred content? Is it a bit too Weirdeah? Are we going more for the skits like I need?
Speaker 3: And also funny compared to what? What's your humor? Mister stranger aside from what he's come in with? How do you feel about a cheeky DM slide? I feel like I don't respond well to compliments coming from straight men because I worry about their taste sometimes. Oh do you know, like there's that meme that says that if you ever give your opinion on the internet and a bunch of straight guys agree with you, you've given the wrong one. You've given the wrong one. It's not the correct one. You gotta read them, you know.
Speaker 1: That's what it feels like sometimes, and of course there are exceptions.
Speaker 2: Well, my approach to getting dms can't say it's ever worked, but we'll say the ego boost don't appreciated.
Speaker 1: Keep sliding in because it could be your turn next.
Speaker 2: In this instance, let's call him James. We've decided that there's only one way to reply to this slid in. He said, you're funny at times, it's jog behavior. So you have suggested that we send him barks a.
Speaker 3: Voice memor of us barking at him that is as sensical as what he sent.
Speaker 1: All right, should I go first? Okay, We're give him two tracks? Two tracks?
Speaker 2: Okay, any tips?
Speaker 1: Just go with your heart.
Speaker 3: Wait, go with your godby okay, yeah, alright.
Speaker 2: Not too much.
Speaker 1: I need to do to back yourself bad? Okay, hold on here.
Speaker 2: All right? Earth?
Speaker 1: Oh nah, again it sounds him.
Speaker 4: Let me do.
Speaker 3: It all right, center, Thank you. It's gonna give him so k.
Speaker 1: I'm comfortable with that.
Speaker 3: This is literally the grown up equivalent of sitting in a circle at lunchtime in year eleven, getting all your friends to co sign the text you send the guy who literally wouldn't care if you lived or died, and you're like, do I do one emoji? Two emojis?
Speaker 1: He don't know if you exist.
Speaker 2: Now. I want you to imagine this, and if you're listening, I would like you to do the same. Deep breath in as I say, and out through the nose.
Speaker 1: Did a bullet? Come on, Brookie?
Speaker 3: You went in through the mouth, out through the mouth, through the through the mouth.
Speaker 2: Into the microphone. All right, close your eyes now, if you're driving, do not close your eyes. You you've just broken up with your boyfriend, but you are still on good terms. He still has the keys to the apartment. It's a nightmare. He still has the keys to the apartment you shared and messages you if he can come over and grab some stuff while you're out. You think nothing of it and say yeah, sure. Minutes later you remember you had a guy over the night before and left dong nom. You know what that means, wrappers on the bench right next to where he needed to get his stuff.
Speaker 1: I love the way practicing safety, though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you need to give him a heads up and potentially make it work or say nothing? Let him see it and wait to see if he brings it up with you. Just let that sink in.
Speaker 3: That is literally so scary to me, you know, it's so crazy. I used to be the kind of person who'd be like, you can definitely be friends with your ex. But that was in my narcissist era, where I couldn't stand that somebody who loved me would now hate me, So in like a manipulative thing, I would maintain this air of like mutual joviality. We're like friends and we're friendly, and you still love me, which is terrifying because realistically, what gets you to a breakup is someone's bad behavior, a lack of reciprocity, or in some way shape of form eroded trust, eroded care. These things are not fundamental or like. These things are not are not like, they're not the formula for a good relationship. I also think that like maintaining a good relationship with your ex is very confusing because humans and have the capacity to like hold to incompatible things and understand them both. Like in your head, you're compartmentalizing in a way that's not healthy for you and often beneficial for the other person. So all those times where I was like I'm just gonna be friendly, I'm gonna be friendly, you know what I was doing hurting them? I was hurting myself number one, because I was denying that I wasn't actually in a good place to like be nice to you, Like I don't feel good about this, so expressing my emotions number one.
Speaker 1: Number two, I.
Speaker 3: Was like prioritizing the way it looked as opposed to the reality of what it was. And I was forcing myself to choose and decide how everything had to felt in the now, as opposed to letting things just be awkward for a bit, like letting things just be like awkward whatever, like existing that no man let know what's it called no man's land territory, Like.
Speaker 1: It's not nothing, but it wasn't what it was. Since we figure out what it is, things just need to be awkward.
Speaker 3: I will say, though, seeing the miscellaneous rappers from the night before is punishment for being too comfortable in the dynamic. Why are you do it in a batch? You get two batches in and out facts, one for the things you can put into your car, the other for the removal list.
Speaker 2: If like, oh, it's so awful, isn't it? I just heard everything about it? You know what I want to say?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no no, no, Let's.
Speaker 1: Just stop breaking up.
Speaker 3: Let's just continue to date everyone we've ever dated before, or knock them off, cre create a web. You know it's like will always be because you know, like the thing I don't like about an X, the word makes you feel like you're not connected. But the reality is you are connected forever are you. You're my ex, I'm your ex. Whether or not we ever have content, whether or not we ever have contact in the future, what I experience with you affects my life forever. What you experienced with me affects my life forever, vice versa right. So for that reason, I don't need some kind of like not contact but acknowledgment of that. I don't like how you go from being like someone's every day to like nothing.
Speaker 1: Babes, I'm in your law.
Speaker 3: When someone opens the book of your life, babes, I'm chapters one through four.
Speaker 2: You can't even.
Speaker 1: Get to five through thirteen without going through me. First. White out is needed.
Speaker 3: So it's flex on Kit and this week we are making dreams come true.
Speaker 1: I swear to you. We surprised rooms.
Speaker 3: My special co host, she's one of her favorite people in the whole white world. Gavin Rubinstein from lux Listing, Sydney. We had her in the studio and when I tell you she squealed, was in hysterics, huffing, puffing.
Speaker 1: It was really quite beautiful.
Speaker 3: I think there was chemistry all round, and I think you want to pay attention and stay tuned so you can hear exactly how it went down.
Speaker 1: O God, this is phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Last week threw me over here, probably gave us a fifty minute monologue about how obsessed she is, not just lux listening, So it's not even about that, it's about you.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: She is freaking, I actually am.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't even get nervous. I forgot what it's like to be nervous.
Speaker 2: I know that I said that we both love Simon and Gavin flex big fans appreciate that. I said, I'm probably more of a Gavin.
Speaker 4: You better not have said you prefer Simon.
Speaker 3: I would never say that she's good, yeah cool.
Speaker 1: I would describe us both as like professional friends. You Simon and Dalene. What is the relationship there?
Speaker 5: It's a weird dynamic. So like Dleene and I have no real friendship at all. And that's true on a professional level. If we cross over, we cross over, but we don't have much of a professional relationship either, Simon, I have a good working relationship. We've got a good friendship. We don't always see eye to eye. You've got to remember, he's kind of representing the buyer. I'm representing the seller. He's trying to buy low. I'm trying to sell.
Speaker 1: High and enemies. Love story.
Speaker 4: I know about love story.
Speaker 3: It needs are direct quotes I'm getting from GAM's mouth modal enemies. Now, while we're here, I want to say thank you for extending your time to us.
Speaker 4: It's a pleasure even do it.
Speaker 1: If I have a full day. I'm not stopping for anyone. However, while you're here, a few rapid fire questions. I want to get to know you.
Speaker 3: Have you ever used a property you were selling for anything other than work purposes? Don't incriminate yourself, but if it's a yeah, okay, that's all we need.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 2: Who do you think is dirtier people that sell houses or people that sell cars?
Speaker 5: Depends both pretty much on the same level, right you know what? Really, I think the perception of used car salesmen and real estate agents from from a society perspective is they're pretty even. I do what I can to change that. Perspective. One guy is not going to change. I know there are a couple of other good agents who do three. Yeah, there's three or four out there.
Speaker 1: And I've got one last question. Do you have one? You go and I'll see probably the most important question I've asked, and I.
Speaker 2: Guess what it is. Of course, Burple far not at all bad, not at all.
Speaker 1: I'm using this time properly. I'm planning for the future.
Speaker 4: But yeah, just what were the kitchen? Was there? I thought i'd just answer it.
Speaker 3: Wow, would you rather be the first or last person to know about a zombie apocalypse?
Speaker 4: I want to be the first, because I want to plan.
Speaker 1: Were you planning for escape? We're going.
Speaker 5: I'll find a way. I'll find a place. Got resources, use them. There's always a way, There's always a way.
Speaker 1: Man is overrun.
Speaker 4: There is always a way. Am I am?
Speaker 2: I am I the asshole?
Speaker 1: I said.
Speaker 3: One of my twenty twenty three outs was respectability politics, and that you know a lot of us find us shackled by the idea that we have to say things in the right way to be heard or the polite way, and I'm just over it. This year, I'm getting really annoyed because I feel like we spent the last five years learning how to critically think like unpacked stuff, become smarter, and yet we keep asking ourselves really silly questions or ones that don't need this much thought at all. This am I the asshole in particular? No shade to the author, but I just feel like, is this what we need to be thinking about on a day to day.
Speaker 2: And yet you're hooked?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Here, I am the problem? I am what do you call it a.
Speaker 3: Problem? Am I the arsehole for buying a gift cards a birthday gift? Off the top OFFT No, No, we'll see. So am I the asshole for buying my mother in law a gift card for her birthday? It was a marvelous night, lots of fun until she opened my present and everyone stared at me with effing, flaming daggers. Mother in law had no issue at all, or she's a very talented actress using her best smile. My significant other significant other thinks I'm the asshole because I'm supposed to give someone an actual gift on their birthday, which I did a Nike gift card for seventy five dollars to buy workout clothes from her favorite brand. I feel I'm not the asshole for the simple fact that my gift had thought and value. Meanwhile, there were some very heavy hidden gifts jewelry, expensive shoes, Bloomingdale clothes, etc. And I can't even afford more than seventy five dollars without breaking Christmas budget or you know, paying my rent. Am I the crazy one here?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 3: I know I'm already conflicted about the situation. I felt bad enough that the rest of the night I hit in the bathroom because.
Speaker 1: Of the food. It was not the food that is the real issue. It was not the food. You know.
Speaker 3: That one is a little bit more complex because gifting culture, much like tipping culture, a lot of unspoken rules, a not a lot of like middle ground at all. Do not say too much, miss and not.
Speaker 2: This is just a horrible, horrible situation on behalf of everybody but this woman first and foremost. Am I ever going to be getting my mother in law as seventy five dollars gift card? No? Sorry, gift full stop? Absolutely not?
Speaker 1: Oh never.
Speaker 2: I think there's either under fifty or if it's like the first birthday with your partner or like your parents, you do in the upper hundreds. Okay, seventy five is the weirdest amount, so.
Speaker 1: It's the number amount that's really got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it has seventy five dollars, Like, how did you think about it? You may as well just have done like sixty two or something. I will say it's very thoughtful. Nike is her favorite brand, and sports where is something that's very particular. I don't want someone going out and buying me a pair of short It's like a very specific type. I personally have nothing against gift cards.
Speaker 3: Who started anti gift card propaganda because I think a few people have Number one, overestimated their importance to assume that I have enough time, space energy to go out and find you a physical gift.
Speaker 1: When you can do that in your own time, it's your gift.
Speaker 3: ME providing the resources for you to get exactly what you want feels like the most thoughtful thing to do.
Speaker 2: Now as an adult, I realize why people think that it's rude to get gift cards, because I understand how hard it is to make time to get gifts. If that makes sense. Yes, I used to never think it was. I didn't think there was anything difference between going out and getting a gift card and buying something in terms of like the labor, I will say there.
Speaker 3: Is a difference, Like, if there's anyone in my life who's important enough to me that warrants a gift or expects a gift, I will do the due diligence and go out and get them a gift.
Speaker 1: Right, But a mother in law is a very.
Speaker 3: Specific niche of gift giving, like I don't really know you like that.
Speaker 1: I might know of you, so I feel like a gift.
Speaker 3: But to be honest, I would go to like six No six, a diptyque candle and call it a day.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna know, say the hand crem a hand crem pack from where just a body shop number. Okay, we're not we're not.
Speaker 1: Doctoring, built different, different, and that's okay.
Speaker 2: Mother in law is specifically with the awkwardest. Actually, a father in law might be awkward as well.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm not getting him a gift.
Speaker 2: I got my ex's sister a we're doing siblings.
Speaker 1: It was yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, meant to go up and see it. We ended up like breaking up. I already got in the present, but then we broke up. But I got to like a Mason Balzac, like the carafe and the class moment before it was very popular, mind you, okay, just saying tastemaker. So yeah, but never met her actually either, So just be careful.
Speaker 1: You were doing too much.
Speaker 2: I was doing a lot.
Speaker 1: That's okay, that's okay.
Speaker 2: I went out in style.
Speaker 1: How many times do I have to tell you?
Speaker 2: Honey?
Speaker 1: Are you sing?
Speaker 5: Karen?
Speaker 4: If you want to the life of a character, character.
Speaker 2: Flex see that day I went to go get myself a juice. Do you use beverage or perhaps a smoothie? We will keep that under wraps because what I'm about to say is potentially incriminating. I want to go get myself a juice. I'm starving. I'm a ravenous in the morning. Need my juice now, bitty kneed juice. The chick takes my order up at the cash register. Gloves on, yep, that'd be thirteen dollars and ninety five cents. Why are her fingers tapping the phone? Why her fingers tapping the f bos machine? I thought, you know what, maybe she'll take the gloves off and then go and make the smoothie. Why does she then go touching the cash register? All the way back to grab the banana, grab the protein, put it into the thing, put the lid on it, give it to me.
Speaker 1: Hold on a second.
Speaker 3: If the gloves are clean, So you're saying it's bad food safety preus.
Speaker 2: That is food safety braxis one oh one. And what not to do is use the gloves on the cash register into making me my premium large smoothie juice.
Speaker 3: So what you're advocating for is that she take this single use plastic off before she make you your smoothie.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, I actually would. I don't want to get.
Speaker 3: Well, no gloves for the registered gloves on for the for the food prem What.
Speaker 2: I would mostly prefer if we're thinking about plastic use tippity tappity, go wash your hands, give it a thirty second wash, make the juice. Then again, dermatitis. Stick yourself. I have dermatitis because I'm that clean. I'm serious, guys, Look at the dermatitis that's giving Clean Girl Era.
Speaker 1: Clean Girl Era hand is falling off Clean Girl Era.
Speaker 2: But seriously, I have a problem with this. I drank it anyway, as I said, I was starving ravenous, and I thought I'm ravenous. I'm not going to be grumpy about this. I just took my juice.
Speaker 1: What would it take for you to say something?
Speaker 2: I have exited my Karen in public era for multiple reasons.
Speaker 1: For the optics.
Speaker 2: Oh, purely optics. I feel everything inside. It hasn't gone away. I didn't say anything. I had told you the time about it. At the time I went to a sandwich artist establishment. This is about twenty years ago, so about twenty literally, he knew you were old. The chick tariachy chicken, okay, with the cheddar cheese. Why does she put it in the oven? Takes it out of the oven.
Speaker 3: It flips under her arm.
Speaker 2: Cheese and jeriachy chicken. I'm gonna arm.
Speaker 3: She's got a third degree burn, making you which you're about to complain?
Speaker 1: What will happen next? Flaps it back.
Speaker 2: I had to say something. I said, listen, did you took it away? I'm a school child, take it away? I better go back in. I said, I'm sorry, I need you, but dropped in your arm? Be serious, serious? What's your arm? There's hair on the arm. There's a hair on her arm, like it was one of the would like that's a core memory. What I mean still think about it twenty years on that serious, guys, you weren't joking about twenty years too.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 5: For more, Tune in Deicater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.