Speaker 1: Look, I would say most of the population is on board and has the same feelings surrounding cheating in a relationship. But I think where the water gets a bit muddy is with this term micro cheating. Now, there's this list going viral online at the moment on TikTok that this one girls put out to her what constitutes micro cheating? Now, micro cheating if you don't know when your plane at home is like anything that is considered crossing a line without it being physical, Like they haven't gone out and hooked up with someone like physically, you know what I mean. But it's things that deep down you know that ain't right. You know your partner's probably not going to be happy.
Speaker 2: Whenever I think of micro cheating like as a concept, the very number one that comes to mind for me is like liking other people's like as in like if you're dating a guy and he's liking all these bikini photos over and over and over, You're like necessary or not?
Speaker 1: You see? To me, the thing that comes to mind first is I guess probably secret conversations or excessive conversations. So if it was a relationship with mean a man, like if my partner was messaging another woman a lot, asking how she is checking in And even if I knew or if I didn't know, that is micro cheating just cheating?
Speaker 3: Well no not because if they're just like, hey.
Speaker 1: How are you, I'm like, look, I know that there's some deeper feeling there. But this list tell me what you guys think about this, because this is the controversial part. This is her list of micro cheating secretly messaging someone, flirting, maintaining contact with ex's adding or liking half naked people's pictures online. Yeah. Yeah, seeking new friendships with people that you find attractive, so like actively going out to meet new people because you think they're hot. Lying about your relationship status online or in person.
Speaker 3: To me, that's just cheating. Yeah, I think that's just cheating.
Speaker 2: But also I guess the problem like this, if you haven't heard of this idea of micro cheating, I think the reason why it's such a gray area is because sometimes it sounds a little bit crazy when you say out loud or I don't like these things that you're doing, because like they haven't actually done anything that's one hundred percent black and white wrong. It can actually make you sound a little bit insane that you're putting all these things down, But it's the it's these things together that make you feel insecure in a relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I say technology has come so far. Like fifty years ago, you could only cheat on someone physically. Now you've got you can like flo float with someone on LinkedIn, you know.
Speaker 2: So you have to move the bar, or you can just appear to be single, like a lot of people who are like cheating or keeping their options open. They may not cross the line yet, but they're appearing single online because they're keeping their options open.
Speaker 1: But I think it's so subjective to essentially it is your partner crossing a boundary that you have put up. Have you said this isn't cool and they're secretly doing it anyway? Then they then there's something else going on, right, But liking of a photo here and there, to me, fine, nothing, who cares. But if you've gone onto one person's page on Instagram, you've liked ten photos, you've sent some fire flames, you know, you've done all the stuff, you.
Speaker 2: Did the groundwork.
Speaker 1: You're trying to get their attention. The only reason you go back on people is to get their attention. So something else sus is going on.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's micro cheating as much as it is like pre cheating. It's like doing that. It's like pre cheating because if we're going to throw around terms because it's like technically not the cheat, but you'll lay in the land, you're sewing the seed for one day, potentially needing another person, or if you decide to physically cheat that you've got people there ready to go.
Speaker 2: I think, okay, Ultimately, I just think if you're already feeling this insecure in a relationship, if you're looking for all these signs, if your partner's doing all these things, and you need a label for micro cheating, it's probably not the relationship to be in.
Speaker 1: Keep your five flames to yourself.
Speaker 2: I really in your monogamous relationship.
Speaker 3: I was really hoping it was cheating for ants, micro cheating.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry to I'm.
Speaker 3: To break into that. It's not.
Speaker 1: It's not cheating for tiny little all
Speaker 2: Right, Well, coming up, I want to know when did you put your foot in it get yourself into a bit of trouble if it were, well, not in the micro cheating, but just like, when did you make a mistake