Speaker 1: Got anything good.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Good morning Jack Poets.
Speaker 4: Good to see you. Sorry, it's good to see you.
Speaker 3: So if you've been on like.
Speaker 1: A radio training modules, it's just good to see you.
Speaker 4: Make articulate.
Speaker 1: Every said that to me before ever at the top of a show or even offer good to see you.
Speaker 3: What're we on? Anchorman? Stay classy, pats.
Speaker 4: You what went through just a second before you press the microphone and was like every morning I say, hey, guys, like, why don't you try some.
Speaker 3: Just make it up. It's a bit of a jazz vibe to Improfit morning, Patsy.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm great, How are you guys?
Speaker 1: So, Patsy, please share with us what your daughter tried to do at school yesterday. I just presume they weren't still doing this kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Jack Ord's had biology yesterday and it's great because finally in sights she's getting to actually like hands on do stuff. But yesterday involved her very first dissection.
Speaker 1: The way that you appeared to have a lot of relish about this, she finally cuts something up flesh, knife, scalpel, blood.
Speaker 5: It's been so much theory up to this point and now she's year eight.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah blah blah, egghead, When do we get to cut up a sheep's heart?
Speaker 4: Give me a scalpel already.
Speaker 5: So they had a sheep's heart yesterday.
Speaker 1: Hot weather thirty four thirty five degrees carving up a sheep's heart.
Speaker 3: Oh no, unless you're.
Speaker 1: Training to be like a butcher or something. Why are they doing that this day and age?
Speaker 4: She said it, And it's stank.
Speaker 5: She said, that was the worst thing. So she came home. She hadn't touched her lunch, she said, I just it was.
Speaker 1: It was pig's heart, wasn't it one freshly butchered on a Tuesday night? Pats, She just puts her hand in the in a live sheep and rips his heart out.
Speaker 5: Offul five days a week. But yeah, so it was stinking hot, she said, it stank. At one point they nearly drop the heart on the floor of the science room because it like slid along the board it was on.
Speaker 4: So is there a twenty five half kid?
Speaker 3: I wanted to know in the middle that they're.
Speaker 5: A stab there's twenty nine because it's a class of twenty nine and.
Speaker 3: Well, he's got sheep's hot and fresh.
Speaker 5: Cart like freshly sort from the abbatois and yeah, off you go, kids, get me the ilta do this?
Speaker 4: Do that you are relishing this?
Speaker 3: She is not.
Speaker 5: I just it's like, finally she's, you know, putting the theory into practices sciences all.
Speaker 1: At school and she hasn't said what finally a proper lesson for her?
Speaker 3: The joy those kids must have.
Speaker 1: So some teach her to go to an apatoire and get what twenty What do they do?
Speaker 5: Does the teacher like physically go to the local abattoir or do they like drop it off like uber abatar or what do they do?
Speaker 4: I guess there's a sack that gets dropped off like and like you.
Speaker 3: Sack, why can't it be a bag? The image of the delivery. I need someone as signed for this.
Speaker 4: On the pinula today.
Speaker 1: Also, you know some school administrator you know what, I'm gonna have to count each one individually here because we got fooled last year when you said there were thirty two and there was only twenty five and five kids were really upset.
Speaker 3: They were filthy and.
Speaker 5: Now invoice was out because you were five short. Yeah, so she had that yesterday.
Speaker 1: We have some audio we haven't We're blessed. On this radio show, Patsy sometimes records. It'll kind of I will call them what they kind of mini episode.
Speaker 4: We go into the family home God.
Speaker 1: And we also go into some hammy old acting from Patsy. Previously on the Newman's we had this killer line. What that's it was just slamming as well, what that's a travesty?
Speaker 3: Doctor beaching? What that's travesty?
Speaker 1: After this song a brand new episode of A Home with the Newmans go nowhere.
Speaker 2: Of a Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Jackson has gone around the team asking did everyone on the team dissect something in theology class?
Speaker 3: And we all did? I did the heart and eye? Rea, what did you do? Yeah? We had frog and I for yep. Caitlin, what do you do?
Speaker 4: No, we weren't allowed to. We were at a berg in school. Me too, I wasn't allowed I we never dissected anything. The whole school didn't dissect anything. It wasn't just I had to say, were you told that? I wasn't trusted to sharp projects for the postboy? Okay, let him play with that. Me to measure a thing again I thought they got rid of it. I'm surprised at all he's doing it. I thought it was an olden day thing.
Speaker 3: Now they must have brought it back to huge demand. From that.
Speaker 1: He's been protesting outside the school cut up animal hearts.
Speaker 4: We have to do a sheep's lung. But we were again, there's something something with your handling of.
Speaker 3: This whole thing.
Speaker 4: There's no about it.
Speaker 3: There is.
Speaker 1: There's a smile in the voice and the heart, the sheep's heart. There's also you.
Speaker 3: Seem to be relishing all this cutting up animal things.
Speaker 5: No, no, but we were glad because the other class had to do rats. So I figured sheep were better than tiny little rats. Rats would be hard because they're so small.
Speaker 1: Give me a sheep, given monkey advertise in there, you know, I don't give me a teeny weeny little rat.
Speaker 3: Give me a big I'm just saying out loud, a human.
Speaker 4: I can do rats at home.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: So Patsy recorded what happened yesterday when my daughter already came home getting ready for some powerful acting around the dinner table.
Speaker 3: Let's play.
Speaker 6: I was school today. We have to dissect a sheep heard in science today?
Speaker 3: Spells okay? What is.
Speaker 1: He must have gone, what are you doing? This is what acting is? So go again, I'm doing your reaction thing.
Speaker 3: Please run.
Speaker 6: It was school today. We had to dissect a sheep part in science today spelt so bad. I walked into the room and I could smell it.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, actually just stopped the cliffs sorr. Let's write again.
Speaker 6: Today we had to dissect a sheep part in science today. Spelt so bad. I walked into the room and I could smell it, and I couldn't stop ganging. And then I had to cut the heart open with scissors. With scissors, we like plucked out the right ventricle and then the smell hit so hard.
Speaker 5: It's tank nothing like biology on a degree. Take se What did it feel like when you were cutting through?
Speaker 6: It was beef fat cat was really hard, like the fat this was left over and it was really hard. The rest of it was like really squishy.
Speaker 5: That ship mustn't have been real healthy hackening to the hamburgers.
Speaker 7: Powerful, Powerful, I can't wait for the next episode. And you see that sheep chuck it into the burgers there, Jack, because it had a fatty heart.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: So Apart from Jack, everyone remembers dissecting at school. What else do you remember from school? What's one thing that still stays with you? What do you remember from school? I before E except after C. Yes, that's what's it for you? Nine four one four one O four three.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Perhaps what's one thing still remains with you from school? Yeah?
Speaker 5: When we were learning, you know, direction northeast southwest, it was always never eat soggy wheetbeachs.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: The other thing I remember is when was the last time you did a forward role? Some of my happiest memories as much a learning at school. Not smartest kid, but forward roles. When was the last time any of us? One day you just did a forward role for the last time, and then there was some super partinularly talented athletes in my school could also then do the backwards role, which was the ultimate level.
Speaker 4: And rolling downhills.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think I'd actually worried. Now I'd have to seek physio. We'll go and see a chiropractic. And I did a forward role.
Speaker 3: Right now, you get star watch.
Speaker 4: Right, I stop watching? Start stop watching now.
Speaker 1: The engineers are alwaysupposed to be monitoring this radio show, but I don't think they do. So we're going to time their response right now. Engineers, have a problem. My computer mouse's jam for the second time this week. My computer mouse's jam for the second time this week. Can can you hear my words? The engineers?
Speaker 4: Ten seconds?
Speaker 3: What did you do it in last time?
Speaker 4: I think I was eighteen. We were actually shocked last time that he did that and seventeen eighteen nineteen.
Speaker 1: I'm monitoring the show. We could be having a problem right now. I cannot operate the mouse. Is are we're getting up to thirty seconds?
Speaker 4: Thirty seconds now?
Speaker 3: No? Engineer? Insight? Engineers, can you hear me? I cannot operate my mouse?
Speaker 4: Oh this is terrible. The studio can be on fire for all they know.
Speaker 3: What are we up to now?
Speaker 4: Forty five seconds?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Let's get it up until minute again, Engineers, I cannot use my mouse.
Speaker 3: Please come to studio one.
Speaker 4: Ten seconds remaining engineer, Oh.
Speaker 3: My god, engineers, this is a bad day. No when you stop.
Speaker 1: The cop Oh no, no, no, no, Ben, you are you've gotten soft?
Speaker 3: My friends? What was he forty one seconds behind his PB?
Speaker 4: You did eighteen last time?
Speaker 3: And there's no good getting breadth. The mouse is stool jam Ben.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: So this is exciting, really exciting. I'm so excited to get the final truth. After four days, four days working around the clock, tireless sleep, I.
Speaker 4: Think how good it's going to taste when we finally know the truth.
Speaker 3: The answers what are we talking about? Is it fact or is it myth?
Speaker 1: In twenty nineteen, this show got a story, a rumored story about a Lama scene being walked by its owner in Fitzroy. The had around us call her a name tank like you can't or a dog might have that said barack o Lama. Many times we tried to find out is this actually true or is it some kind of urban legend. The story came back around many years later on Monday Show and I put Rio, one of our sharpest minds on the team, onto the case. I'll be honest, we got nowhere. Sorry, he got nowhere real quick. Shabby Emails were fired off, chat rooms were logged into try and find out.
Speaker 4: Information controlled online.
Speaker 3: Essentially he did.
Speaker 1: And I don't think the fact that at the weekend, Rio, who is a man, got beaten by a sixteen year old child in a tennis tournament, and I think mentally it made you weak. I think it's shattered that swagger, that confidence you have.
Speaker 4: Very happy you've beaten by a tennis prodigy.
Speaker 3: And playing in a tournament in Bentley.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're going to find the next future style Grand Slam winner.
Speaker 8: That he is where heroes are born. Christian speaking of heroes.
Speaker 1: Now, which is also said, there's an incentive for Rio because Rio is a competitive man by nature, and the team is very excited. We're going out for lunch today to a place called Lamarro's. Lamarro's is the place where all the AFL captains, all eighteen captains went on Sunday night for big pow wow and a bite to eat.
Speaker 3: We're all going there. Rio has to earn his lunch, give us the truth.
Speaker 1: I'll give you steak and I will personally cut it up however you like.
Speaker 8: And I believe not just cut it up, but you will also feed it.
Speaker 1: I forgot about that, okay, bye, and the Fagazi of the show, I forgot about that. But yes, I will do that if you give me the truth. Finally about Barack O Lama. What have you found out?
Speaker 7: All?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 8: The latest update before today was that I really I felt like I was chasing a ghost. It felt like it was a complete myth that Barack Alama.
Speaker 3: Did not exist.
Speaker 4: Everywhere we looked, there was nothing to find.
Speaker 8: We then get a hot tip from Rick, a listener who says, go on the Reddit thread because apparently there is a white lama that has been spotted in Melbourne, which is as close as we've gotten.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 8: I have since made a wanted poster because I was getting nowhere.
Speaker 4: Turn this around before midday today.
Speaker 3: This is the efforts of a desperate man. Is it saying is it saying wanted? Lunch? Wanted?
Speaker 8: Have you seen this local lama? We would love to meet him. Please text any info. I then, in the thirty six degree heat yesterday, pounded the pavement in its actually.
Speaker 4: Put the wanted post yesterday.
Speaker 8: I have put about ten to twelve wanted posters up around Fitzroy.
Speaker 3: This is great work begging.
Speaker 8: For information because you've got to go to the source you got.
Speaker 4: I was trying online. That wasn't the way.
Speaker 8: I'm on the streets of Fitzroy, Brunswick Street, Gertrude Street, amongst the hipsters.
Speaker 4: Please help me find this lama. We then get a text.
Speaker 8: I can now start to triangulate Barack Olama's location. Edwina b Hi, I saw a guy walking a lama called Meatball.
Speaker 4: Not so this is a text response to the wanted poster. He's already working.
Speaker 8: It's already working Instant Kilda near Lunar Park a few years ago.
Speaker 3: Yesterday we had a science in St Kilda as well.
Speaker 4: Yes, this one near Lunar Park.
Speaker 8: Maybe she said that it was near Fitzroy Street in Saint Kilda, which is maybe.
Speaker 4: Maybe that got lost in communication when saw it in fitzal Yes, we also got a hot tip.
Speaker 8: R M I T University at white Lama has been seen and at Preston Markets, so we know that there is a white lamaod.
Speaker 3: The steak knife is being warmed up.
Speaker 8: As north as Preston, as south as Saint Kilda, as central as r M I T University. Within those boundaries, there is a white lama. I cannot confirm if it is Barack Olama. But how many white lamas can there be in Melbourne?
Speaker 4: It's the one. If I am drawing, I'm drawing Saint Kilda, r M I T. In the city Preston. You put all those together. What's bang in the middle, Fitzroy? What is bang in the middle of almost.
Speaker 3: Is increased home. You've done it, cracked the cats.
Speaker 4: You have to cut I'm cutting it out, cutting it out real.
Speaker 3: I'll see you at lunch. You just made your way to the captain's table. This is huge.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Jack fell for a classic sales technique this week, and I'm sure we've all fallen for a similar technique. There are all these tried and testic sales techniques that have been going on for decades that work every single day. Patsy, You ever fallen for someone's sells technique on you?
Speaker 4: I have.
Speaker 5: Actually, I was walking through a shopping center once and they had these ut beds in the middle with the salesman there and sucked me in and I laid down on it. And where he got me was He said, this is what the NASA astronauts sleeping.
Speaker 3: I'm the same. N'sa pen, right, you know? Another pen? And I was in the station place and.
Speaker 1: I said, I got sing a pen like this, and then guy goes, you obviously know your pens.
Speaker 3: They flash you, and I was like, well, thank you. I do actually this.
Speaker 1: Is an installing. It's what NASA astronauts use. Brought it right, And I was saying, are they waiting down any footage you've seen? You never see any paperwork up there. Why would they need you the crossworld or something.
Speaker 5: I just thought, if it's good enough for the astronauts, sleep is sacred for me.
Speaker 3: But then now they're going to get bed.
Speaker 1: They strapped into a wall, don't they, because it's right.
Speaker 4: It's actually the last person you want to take better.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I bought the bed, no he did. This is the spaceman. You obviously know your bed's gravity.
Speaker 4: I got sucked in by classics. So I was telling you guys about the armchair that we were buying the.
Speaker 3: Love seat, the track love seat love.
Speaker 4: Seat from Lounge Lovers, and I said I had to buy it Monday because when I was in the store, I got lucky it was the last day of thirty percent off. And then then as I went to show Christian the love seat, I'm like, wait, a second thirty percent off store wide? The sale is well and true.
Speaker 1: We've on the website of loungeovers right, and I got I've got something from them as well. We've got some sort of corner sofa thing. It's there's constantly a cell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but on Monday it's like, oh, it's like you last day of the sale. It doesn't end it fine, you do.
Speaker 3: I bet you rain your work, but we need to get it today.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't believe I'm here today into the last day of the sales.
Speaker 1: So we bought the sense of your missing out on a saving, isn't it?
Speaker 3: It works?
Speaker 1: You think, my god, I'm lucky I was even here today. The other one is when they go that's the last one we've got. If you get that one now, you can take it away with you. Otherwise it's six months you just be sat on the floor. Yeah, that one works as well. What sales technique have you fallen for? Nine four one four one oh four three. Now you might be listening to this and you are actually a salesperson. Do you want to call in and actually be honest about what are some of your tactics the techniques you do?
Speaker 4: Or maybe ex salespeople reform you're on the outside of society.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: We're talking about the sales technique that you fall for. We were just swapping notes about the couches that we've got before and how they also make out some money with that protective RHEO and I have signed up for something, a five year thing where apparently we call a number and a crack team will come out and clean the stain off my couch. Caitlin, have you have you got this as well? Yes, the guardsmen five year cover. I'm like, do the guardsmen come? Do you any guardsmen? I know the ones of Ajet, Bucket and pass. It's the same people that come. Because I'm red wine over the couch.
Speaker 3: I almost want to just.
Speaker 1: Spill something mildly and call that number. Is it twenty four to seven?
Speaker 4: But you have to because you both have gone white fabrics.
Speaker 3: Terrifying.
Speaker 1: It came with a spray as well, and they did that little demonstration where they've got some fops and I just say you right now, so now easy it is to apply this? And he tips some mildly muddy water. What wasn't that more sea through than anything? And it's scup of sprays and look at that.
Speaker 3: Just wipe something good. As a nerve, I think, go and get a bottle of red wine.
Speaker 1: They'll see if it's as easy a couple of spirits bust the spray that I left when I thought, this is what my wife would just spray into my eye, like mace or something if I get anything on that white couch whenever it's out and the watch a TV with the gospelaer, I am living rink.
Speaker 4: The I don't feel comfortab, especially.
Speaker 3: When you get a bit sleepy and my glass.
Speaker 1: I remember years ago, I reckon this guy had waited till my wife went out. A guy was going door to door with free hot pizza, trying to get you to sign up a huge red flight. So I was hungry, opened her and he went free pizza.
Speaker 3: Come in.
Speaker 1: I said, come in right, I've never heard of food, pizza or all I had to do. And so he said have a size. So I start having a slicing and how can hammy, what are you doing it? Because would you like more free pizza? And yeah, a five year thing. I locked him for a five thing right where I had to buy four pizzas a month and I got one of them free, and I was like, one of them free, this is two good to it five years. I remember thinking I'm never not gonna like pizza for at least the next five years. So I sign it all up and then my wife gets back and she, I said, you're not going to believe. You're not gonna be leieve my luck. I said, there's three pizza there for you. She went, have you got three meter?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: My wife at the time was a lawyer. She goes through this contract and it was it was shocking, because you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna have to call them. You're gonna have to call them right now.
Speaker 1: So I'm not calling them anyway fastward, my wife called them and anyone.
Speaker 3: The way she was talking.
Speaker 1: About this idiot that got duked was as if a seven year old boy had been somebody. She is not right in the head. How dare you he would have got in the back of a van if you said, there's more this in the back of this van.
Speaker 4: So did you get to choose the knights where they were going to deliver the.
Speaker 3: Jack? This is all the very smart questions.
Speaker 1: And my wife started bombarding like slow, that's our press conference.
Speaker 4: Peter as well, is a great treat like hate should we you know what, let's order pizza to not like, oh we have to have.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's four a month. One is free. I kept saying this and one is free.
Speaker 1: One of them we're going to go with and pay a cent for this. We get four only paid for three for five years. I reckon, you could get anyone to sign any contract if you By the way, there's a free size of piece of you.
Speaker 4: It doesn't even need to be pizza.
Speaker 2: That The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian I'm a former salesman and sales trainer. Tactics always ask open ended questions, building a rapport, getting them to trust you early on, create a false sense of urgency. Hence, so this is the last day on the deal, you know, working with the community sense of everyone has had this one. You're getting in a great deal, getting them to say yes to things early.
Speaker 3: So it continues to the close.
Speaker 1: Matching and mirroring the customer and certain phrases they use as well. If you uncover a customer's problems, even if they don't know they have them, you can then solve them with your products.
Speaker 3: What it's just a couch, Probably there's something on the floor.
Speaker 1: Now we're talking about sales tactics that you've fall in for Jack car Fell for the classic one on Monday about this is the last day of this thirty.
Speaker 4: Percent, but you've got to get it today if you wanted. It closes today. And then I've seen online thirty store wise.
Speaker 1: Nation nationwide, anywhere anywhere anyone wanders into any of them. And the other thing that I always sign up for is to warranty, especially when it comes to sofas and that of there's this thing I've got. It's called the Guardsmen cover where apparently if there's a stain that I can't wipe off with the spray, I call the Guardsmen and the crack team of commando cleaners will come out and get rid of the stain.
Speaker 4: That hard believe, but apparently it is that they dispatch people to come to your house and clean the stain for you.
Speaker 1: So there are two other team members who have the same thing as me. Rio and Caitlin have all got this cause anyway, James, this isn't this and he's he's got it and you've used.
Speaker 9: It, James, Yeah, morning, Christian dak care we doing man. Yeah, So we bought our couch probably well brought one catch about ten years ago and we signed up for it. They sort of gave us, like, you know, you can have five years or seven years, and so we were like, oh, it was like an extra twenty bucks for the seven years. So we went for that and we've used it. I reckon three or four times on that one. Yeah, yeah, we've got we had one kid at the time, and it was like, you know, you never know what they're going to spell all what sort of message you canna end up with. So we ended up getting that and then we liked it so much when we bought another two couches. We went to the same place to buy them because they had the deal, and we were like, you know what, give us the seven years again? Does at work? And we've now we've got three couches with seven years cover and they because I don't know if you guys got the same thing, but you get like the get like a kit and it's like you have little one cleaner or you have level too clean.
Speaker 3: Shoved somewhere. It is somewhere in the house.
Speaker 9: It's like one spray or it's you know, if the stays too bad, you have the number two a three problem, they come out with the number three spray and number three spray and then then if they can't do it, it's like the warranty where they will replace it. So but every time, you know what, they've cleaned it every time, So I.
Speaker 3: Have I'm so ps I almost want to stay in the couch. And then.
Speaker 4: What is it James about the number three spray that they don't want us, they don't trust up with it as normal humans.
Speaker 9: Well then maybe you just I don't know, maybe it'll be too it'll be too handy. You could just clean it yourself and then you wouldn't have the seven years.
Speaker 3: Of course, I don't know.
Speaker 9: Maybe maybe that's how you crack the code. You just you can clean it yourself and then they're not needed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right. Yeah, so that's just their job.
Speaker 1: They just go around twenty four to seven clearing up stains.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well, whenever we rang, they just still was like, oh yeah it will be at here, you know, this afternoon or the next day, and they.
Speaker 3: Just come out and.
Speaker 4: You know you've got a birth pipe in your house. I'll tell you two weeks the red Winstone they come around this afternoon.
Speaker 3: Amazing, James, Thank you very much, mate, have a good day. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Right now you can email the show about anything you've heard us. Talking about whether you're catching up with over twelve hundred shows now on demand on the podcast on the Iheartflap platform, you can email. We call it late to the Party. Late yesterday I was talking about the vaguely rude place names that they have in the UK and we found out they're a lot more ruder ones here in Australia. And on the plane the teen places that the team didn't believe that there was a Butts but Hoole Lane in the UK. They thought I was joking and we found it. It's a lovely little place in the north of England. And again email from a guy called Duncan who used to listen to me in the UK and still listens to this show now, and he said the first line said, imagine my surprise because Duncan used to live in a house on but Hoole Lane.
Speaker 3: Now it's a tiny little place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, his mom and dad still live on but Hoole Lane. And imagine his surprise when he listens to her podcast and we happen to talk about a little known lane in the UK a radio show in Australia. Imagine my surprise, which is incredible. We've also had quite a lot of emails about talented pets. This week we were talking about your talented pets, Christian. I have a great Dane called staghound House to bring the grocery shopping bags inside or anything else you can help with that for that matter.
Speaker 3: Now Clean actually.
Speaker 1: Filmed this, but the audio you're about to hear anything could be happening.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna help get the groceries?
Speaker 6: I'll get it out for you.
Speaker 4: Hang on, take you mean for me with a good boy? Oh careful, you're right, hang on your foot stack.
Speaker 3: I mean you presume that he's dragging a bag around her.
Speaker 1: The video you clearly see him, but in the audio there absolutely nothing. Now this next one is a great email here from Vivian Christian. I'm a classical pianist and perform at ripping Ley Estate in at Elsenwick. I have a musical colleague called Laddie who loves to harmonize when I play chopin and especially daboosy. Laddie's my first collie. Okay, we've got some audio here. A couple of years ago we had someone came in come into the studio who said, I've got a singing dog. The dog will sing to mister Boosky. Of course we opened the studio doors and had this lady come in. We were treated to a dog that just winnied and howled.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, there's no singing with that.
Speaker 1: So if you're not familiar with the work of Claude de Boussi and Claire de Loon, that's the dog playing yeah, yeah, so good, so good. Apparently this is the dog harmonizing.
Speaker 4: No, dogs can't sing that. We can't connect them to.
Speaker 3: It's the dogs is like whining.
Speaker 4: It's like it's annoyed by the noise.
Speaker 3: If anything. Vivian, I know you're a classical painis, but you're not.
Speaker 1: That's surely not harmonizing. It just it just it sounds like it's just moaning about it or crying. There some more emails. Chris and we were talking about piffing this week. Did you piff something or did he get piffed at you? This comes from Chris Christian. As kids, we used to play trampoline brandy.
Speaker 4: You ever heard of this brandy? Yeah, was where you took a tennis ball and try.
Speaker 1: It's a game where one person jumps on the trampoline and two others throw tennis balls. Why isn't this an Olympics ball. Maybe when the Olympics comes to Brisbane, you know, because they're obviously trying to shave some of the money off to the events. They could have trampoline. Brandy two others throw tennis balls and the person jumping has to avoid the balls. I guess it's like dodgeball and trampoline. I jumped and ducked at the same time and kneed myself in the mouth.
Speaker 3: It's a high level move. Chris.
Speaker 1: I pushed a baby tooth back into my gum. It didn't come out for seventeen years. Hey, guys, years ago you talk about piffing on the show. My granddad was at Melbourne Zoo and he was staring at the chimpanzees and he used to stick his tongue out with his false teeth on. He was standing there doing this the monkeys and one of them piffed its poo right in his face into is open mouth. Thank you very much, Montana. If your email's a lates the party, nothing we have a talk about the show ever gets a completely left behind you email whenever you want. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot.
Speaker 2: Au Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast.
Speaker 3: The Name Game is coming up next. Do you have a name that's a pain?
Speaker 4: A name you always need to explain?
Speaker 8: Well, we've made my name as in game.
Speaker 1: This is a fun game where for the next twenty minutes you're shouting along trying to guess what person's name is. If you are someone who has a name, that is a bit of the pain you'll have buy now works out a one or two line clue to try and nudge someone in correctly writing down your name or entering it into the computer that you call them. We turn it into the game. You tell us the clue, we try't work out what your name is.
Speaker 3: Like last week, call it one my name as in t Bag Kettle caller. Two, Good morning, my name is in the Singer. This could take a while. Elvis Kirk, Cobain Sinatra.
Speaker 1: Do you want another clue?
Speaker 3: We love one? Yeah, okay as in Cone Brah caller. Three. Welcome to the name game.
Speaker 6: Sur name as in former Australian fox bowler Lee.
Speaker 4: War No McGrath.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's show. Let's get into this week's the name game.
Speaker 3: Perhaps are you ready? Let's go, Jackie boy, You're ready, I'm ready? All right.
Speaker 1: So we all we know is is call a one, two, three, four and five. We try and guess from their one line clue what their name is. Caller one, good morning.
Speaker 2: He team.
Speaker 9: My name as in An Island.
Speaker 10: Papua, New Guinea Zealand, Fraser Island, Darra, Tasmania Green.
Speaker 9: It's a TV show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, let's get a caller too, Good morning, welcome to the name game.
Speaker 2: Caller two, my name as in the cocktail.
Speaker 10: Moito Manhattan, Negroni, Margharita, no.
Speaker 4: Long Island Ice.
Speaker 1: Team Martini, dirty Martini, Dirty Mojito Martini.
Speaker 3: There we go, well done, thank you, let's go to call the three.
Speaker 9: Good morning. It's actually my adult children's surname now not mine, and it's as.
Speaker 11: In cricket but test stumps, no cheetahs, no another hinge.
Speaker 1: Yes, if you're not bowling, you are fascating. Oh no, you both get assist there Wow, Tom, great codes as well. Thank you very much. Okay, bye bye bye, call a for good morning.
Speaker 12: Good morning.
Speaker 5: My name as in bang Bang surname chicken, pistol, bang Bang.
Speaker 1: Bang Bang chicken is a lovely dish his kiss?
Speaker 3: Nope? Who the hell is cool? Riscus website? When it goes bang bang.
Speaker 4: Done, shooting of.
Speaker 2: Sort of fire?
Speaker 3: No, what is it? Shot?
Speaker 2: Bang bang shot?
Speaker 11: Okay, all right, that's going to call five.
Speaker 3: Come morning, caller five. Welcome to the name game.
Speaker 2: It's my surname as.
Speaker 3: In gold bar nugget.
Speaker 4: Nope, No one four point three metal which precious?
Speaker 3: No good name, lady, precious horrible? You call precious coin? Why but it is? What is it? Shimmering? Shiny? Precious? It's the one I just said precious?
Speaker 4: You did say precious?
Speaker 5: Knol the spelling from the periodic table?
Speaker 4: Oh my god? Are you is the element for gold, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So your surname's au correct.
Speaker 3: You are so good at this game. Very good jack.
Speaker 12: Wow, we congratulations.
Speaker 3: So how do you pronounce your surname? Oh? Ow? Oh rhymes? You don't called mandy? Ow? Are you?
Speaker 4: Do you know Mandyl?
Speaker 3: Yeah? She mounts the show. Yeah she's yes, yes, margin crossing the streams here. Wow. Hey, listen, now you've been on board for a while. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: They're most morning is doing the time waste. They always they're always good. They're always silver or gold. You've got a high hit rate, Mandy as well, thank you.
Speaker 10: Thank you for that.
Speaker 3: This is my first call to the show. You're doing great, You're doing very very well, very very good. Yeah, you've been there. You've been there in the early days. I remember, Mandy.
Speaker 1: Really nice to get to speak to you as well, and so thank you for being there in the morning during the early days.
Speaker 3: Thank you. No, it makes my morning.
Speaker 2: It makes my day because I just catch up on the podcast.
Speaker 4: I am not an involved moment.
Speaker 1: Morning, all right, Mandy lovely, thank you very much for calling in and been part of the show every day.
Speaker 12: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Guys still looking.
Speaker 2: For precious Christian O'Connell show go on Podcastn't believe I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying this, but this would have been the part of the show where we would have been getting excited about tomorrow's big Friday finale. SOS Toss twenty five, load of you excitedly coming down trying to win an amazing lavish meat tray provided by the Great Butcher's Meat to you enough meat to feed a family for at least seven days. Seeing how far could you throw a pre cooked sausage, Dan and alleyway here at the radio station. Yeah, if you miss it yesterday, this is what should be happening tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Sadly it ain't happen. I had to cancel it.
Speaker 1: In almost seven years on the show, rarely have we had to kill a beautiful, flowering, blossoming sunflower.
Speaker 4: Of an idea on paper. It had everything well.
Speaker 1: On the tape, and I've identified the problem yesterday as I was trying to set this up.
Speaker 4: Don't look at me.
Speaker 1: I'm afraid all fingers are pointing towards doubting Jack Post.
Speaker 3: Does this sound like a man trying to help me?
Speaker 4: I don't think they can. Because we're indoors. You can't get the hide on it.
Speaker 1: So Jack wanted to be outdoors. I had to move indoors so we could do it quicker. You didn't like the lack of height, so you decided to kill this idea.
Speaker 4: When you want to throw something as far as you can, you have to loved it.
Speaker 3: Do you hear positivity in this clip? No?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: What about this clip?
Speaker 4: Foot up? No?
Speaker 3: What about this clip? No way?
Speaker 4: Are they going to make it down to.
Speaker 3: The news any yes is here? No?
Speaker 4: No? No, there's not enough height. No, I would simply say.
Speaker 3: This, I mean that is swimming against me.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no. If anything, I'm looking at again a going to make it down the news. I am looking out for the well being of the segment. It's like you. You were trying to host the AFL Grandpa indoors saying they need to kick it high.
Speaker 3: We have production ready.
Speaker 8: Gotta do a saus toss, baby this morning, trying to toss that sauce from here to Japan. Jarrizzo watch a Bubby, Watchiplatta, gotta toss that sausage, saying that's that as far as you care.
Speaker 1: So at the end of the show yesterday I had to kill the idea there is going to be no sauce toss tomorrow, and people called in they're upset.
Speaker 9: Sausage I mean, Christian him here though, I'm really disappointed that you're not doing the.
Speaker 2: Old sausage toss.
Speaker 1: I can part a big sauce on arm, made a big sauce anyway.
Speaker 9: I'll even bring a cooler bag to put my duty pride to the in on the way home.
Speaker 1: This guy, this guy you're about to here right is suitably actually just depressed.
Speaker 12: Dear Christian Jack Pats Caitlin and Rio chared here. So I was listening this morning and I was absolutely stunned to hear that nobody calls through for this amazing competition. Me too, doesn't get much more rosy than this. I called him at the last minute and I was on hold, ready to go live, and I heard you cancel the competition. Absolutely devastating. We, as your loyal listeners, cannot allow this to happen. And I am sure you will get other texts and emails from other people wanting to compete. Hashtag bring back toss a sauce.
Speaker 3: All regards to you, all strong words.
Speaker 4: He sounds dejected. I pro sausage throw.
Speaker 1: Let the music speak, Let the music speak, sad sad times, sad times.
Speaker 3: This is going to wacko in my hand for an eternity dunting Jack, No worry.
Speaker 4: Are they going to make it killed?
Speaker 3: No? I did not r p brackets.
Speaker 1: Jackposts killed it Tom of Death eight fifty nine.
Speaker 4: Am, who is meant to pressure test ideas on this show?
Speaker 3: You are? You were?
Speaker 4: You sometimes live in fantasy? Lamb lamb, we do.
Speaker 1: It's unicorns and rainbows and sausage has been thrown through the air.
Speaker 3: Granny's kicking foot ties.
Speaker 4: In charge of OK, where are the unicorns going to line up? No sausage will be thrown tomorrow if you ever bought a pack, because.
Speaker 3: I will know when I I don't know for me. Once Jack I start to go and.
Speaker 1: Again and they'll be, oh no, no, you can't outdoor. The sky is too high tomorrow. Christian, I know in your eyes and your heart you don't like sas toss.
Speaker 2: The Christian o'connal Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Today thanks to dream Home Art Union, where you can win a six point two million dollar dream choice we dream Home Aren't Union. Get your five dollar tickets today. Teas and Sea supply play responsibly. We have two hundred dollars in cash for every gold plus we're looking for your amusement park movies.
Speaker 4: Did you like an amusement park?
Speaker 1: When the to a younger, I remember we took them to the originals Anaheim, the original Disneyland, and I'd never been there before and we had an amazing three days there. I just absolutely loved it. Have you been to Disneyland?
Speaker 4: I would have said it was one of the worst days of my life. Yea, too hot to.
Speaker 3: About the magic can They called it the Magic Kingdom.
Speaker 4: You know what, I'm just realizing a rat in the Magic Kingdom here listening back to yesterday's break and you said I was a pessimist about the sausage task, and now Disneyland. I actually had a conversation with Banker earlier this week that I was trying to say I'm an optimist in nature and she said, no, she's an optimist and I'm not. And I don't think I am what an optimist.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say you're a wild optimist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say you're a realist to sometimes an edge of a pessimist. And you see children from all over the world running around legally like so happy, and adults as well, and then go, I don't care for this, this wild.
Speaker 4: Experience, sweating in the heat, waiting in line, waiting in line just to get a it's not even right. The joy photo with Mickey, the.
Speaker 1: Joy with the kids, all the princesses, and that at the breakfast they collect them on their little books.
Speaker 4: If you zoom in on our family photo standing with Mickey, you can see the displeasure in my smile. Underneath the fake smile is the displeasure.
Speaker 5: Now, just like a chess sort of festival would be completely different, wouldn't it.
Speaker 3: I mean, she's got your ropes with that.
Speaker 11: Incredible imagine that got him.
Speaker 4: He's got.
Speaker 3: Chest vestil. She takes him down. She's all right.
Speaker 1: So we're looking for your you're right, because you have to take some time to put yourself back together once you've been taking down my patchy.
Speaker 3: It is brutal. We're looking for your amusement part movies like Ferris Wheeler's Day Off, Go, Jurassic.
Speaker 1: Lunar Park, Silver, Ghost Train Spotting, Silver Plus.
Speaker 3: There's something about Carnie Jackie Boy. What have you got?
Speaker 1: Then we're looking for your amusement part movies. I'm guessing it's just hate on Disneyland, Disney horror Land.
Speaker 4: Now I've got Tom Hanks riding in the dodge and cars in Forest Bump.
Speaker 3: Forest Bump is great. I love the surely you love the the bumper cars. The dodging cars are great fun.
Speaker 4: No, because I do. My problem with the dodging cars is now you're not allowed to bump because they used to be called bumpus. Yeah, so the guy goes, you're.
Speaker 3: Not bumping, you're kiddings.
Speaker 4: Woke madness Yeah, you're not meant to bump anymore, so you just dodge each other.
Speaker 3: You've made this up.
Speaker 1: You heard it on three A W, which is the pessimist favorite radio station.
Speaker 3: Bring up boy Neil moaning Mitchell.
Speaker 4: People who have been on that ride recently will tell you you're not allowed to bump.
Speaker 5: Bumped at the Melbourne Show, we like to bump on the dodger.
Speaker 3: That's it's all about the fun into people giving them. May please if he was at a chess festival, sorry, he's struggling and his lower lips.
Speaker 4: Going a music park movies where the wet and world things are silver thrill Bill, that's good and tea cups with Mussolini.
Speaker 3: Now that's very good. God bluss. All right, what have you got that amusement park.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast on the.
Speaker 3: Time wasted today.
Speaker 1: Two hundred dollars in cash for every gold plus winner. All right, we're looking for your amusement par art movies.
Speaker 3: Jack. You read Tom k Let's do it amusement part.
Speaker 1: Movies how to make Gravitron instead of how.
Speaker 4: To make Glady Very good Gold plus Yeah, well done, two hundred dollars and I'm not just trying to be more of an optimist generally. That was very good.
Speaker 3: Even the tone is an optimist. It's a downward inflection, and that was really good.
Speaker 1: Some guy called Cameras is texted in literally this, Cameron says, and then his one Cameron says, Wayne's Gombaia worlds.
Speaker 4: Oh gold plus, I was so optimistic.
Speaker 3: This guy's changing Wallas and vomit, a lot of them.
Speaker 1: I've talked about the amount of chunder and vomit when you think about I think you think about the fairs and those kind of things. The good the band and the Carneye Silva, some darren A Carnie called Blotto Bronze, the Hills have Rides, Silver, Anaheimer, so much optimism.
Speaker 3: Juggler on the roof, Oh now we're really an amusement Parker.
Speaker 4: Indiana Joe, they're going to go see the Joker Silver.
Speaker 3: Oh no, sorry, now I have to give them the money that comes out of your person losing money. The line King, the line King, you know they're lying.
Speaker 1: Throw up Mama from the Ghost Train Gold, Nick, there's something about Merry Go Round, Gold Ghost Train Rider, Silver, Throw Mama from the Big Dipper, Bronze there's some think about Merry Go Round.
Speaker 3: It's good to do it again in case went under a bridge. Oh yeah, you're laughing.
Speaker 1: You're one of those chess camps.
Speaker 11: Sorry sorry, sorry.
Speaker 3: Are some money? Freddy got Flairy Fairy Floss.
Speaker 1: Silver, The Wizard of Epcot Bronze throwing Uppenheimer Gold, Days of Chunder Gold, Children of the Corn Dog Silver, Dude, where's my Carnie Gold? I haven't done a dude this year. Good to see it back. Dude wears my lunar part. Not such a great one. Shame to see it back. Admission impossible.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good.
Speaker 1: Gold and Hugh Jackman starring in the Greatest Showback Gold Wild Otomis and we end on Hoggy's coming up next. We come back tomorrow morning. Everyone's coming to lunch. Are we gonna have what our captain's had? We're going to a place of the lunch place, a gastro pub called Lamarro's. This is placed on Sunday night eighteen. All eighteen of the AFL teams, their captains met with AFL big wigs and they went to this place. Is where we're going for lunch? Have you seen the menu?
Speaker 3: Patsy no I haven't.
Speaker 5: I haven't perused it, which is unusual for me. I do like to pick what I'm having.
Speaker 1: It's incredible. Anyway, both of our captains ordered the same thing.
Speaker 4: What did the hell?
Speaker 3: Max Gorn went for the Schnitzel. How do you know that?
Speaker 1: Because I made I'm afraid to say I wasted time resolso just they made our senior producer.
Speaker 3: Actually she used to work at Triple En for ten years. I aid her call Max Scorn, Oh you did know? She called Max Gorn? Anybody hello?
Speaker 1: You goba be looking for an insigne scoop about the season ahead, And she said, Christian on this breakfast show once, So no, what did you have Sunday night? He had the Ville Schnitzel, Corney had the marist Zac Merritt had the same thing as well.
Speaker 2: Now we know the Christian O'Connell show podcast