Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: A man of six Word Weekend.
Speaker 3: I watched five games of footy at Amanda Mento, who's a Saints fan. Well done finals, Christian six Word Weekend husband provided CPR on a stranger. Well, that's incredible, what a hero, amazing Christian. My boyfriend proposed on my birthday over the weekend. Smart move doing that because he knows now the birthday is the anniversary of the proposed or altogether.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was interviewing Vince Form once and he said his their wedding anniversary is Valentine's Day, and he deliberately picked that day so he will never forget it's his wife's went in their wedding anniversary because it's Valentine's Day. He can get both of those things, right, Patsy, what's your six word weekend?
Speaker 4: Yes, went to the senior school production. So Audie's school.
Speaker 5: Had the senior school production. It's production season at school.
Speaker 2: So Audi's in her school production, isn't she Annie?
Speaker 5: In a couple of weeks time the kids againing.
Speaker 2: By the way, do you think you know we're doing this?
Speaker 3: We'll be talking about later on this morning high school rejects, where we're going to put on, for one night only, a school play for grown ups who never got speaking parts. We need this week to work out what the actual plays. Do you think Annie would be a good one?
Speaker 2: Are there a lot of roles in Annie?
Speaker 5: There's a heap of roles because there's all the orphans. There's the dog.
Speaker 2: There's the dog. You can't say, listener, oh you didn't get anything when you were ten, but be a dog.
Speaker 5: It's a dog. There's what's her name? It the orphanage? No, I forget the lady's name, Baddy or bucks?
Speaker 4: Yes, no, that's the daddy that any Yeah, yeah, but there is lots, yeah, yeah, I can get the script if you like, please do peruse through it. And it's been shortened because how long is our play going to be?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I don't want to do the full thing.
Speaker 5: It's not going to be like a three hour thing.
Speaker 2: Is that the Irishman? We're doing a musical version of Score Sacy's.
Speaker 7: The Irish We're doing three hours. Half the audience is going into mission. My six word weekend is I didn't know it had beach. Yesterday my wife said to me, what are yours. It's a trap as well. My wife said to me, what is it you're really looking forward to today? I said, well, the D's game. That's a half three. So I said, up until then, I'm all yours. And she went, well, you know all year you've putting.
Speaker 3: Off went oh oh god, no, not cleaning the garage door and then the fence. It's been kated in like bird crap all year round, and and they just dump on our garden fence right and the garage door.
Speaker 2: She said, can you clean that? Right?
Speaker 3: I knew that that stuff is like kated in, it's been there all year round, right.
Speaker 6: Pressure washer? Would that help?
Speaker 2: We have got one of those. I were too lazy to do that, so I went to Walworths and I looked.
Speaker 3: For something that you could just spray that would melt it somehow using signs. So I saw something called super Clean, and all I saw were the words hospital grade disinfecting, and I thought, listen, you don't see bird shit on an operating table.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't.
Speaker 3: Okay, doctor, I'll take this. That's my prescription. Spraying this stuff.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 3: My eyes are watering because I don't think at the time, must be watering because it's got bleaching it.
Speaker 2: I leave.
Speaker 3: I think, I just leave this. It's coated in it right, it's coated and it's like foamy. It's just everywhere. My wife is in the kitchen and as I go and make a cup of te she goes, what a terrible smell of bleach?
Speaker 2: What is that smell of bleach? And I don't really smell it, but know when you're doing thinking, bloody hell.
Speaker 3: I've been on there about half an hourady probably stripping. She goes, Chris, tell me that thing's not got bleach. I went, is this called super clean? It just it's hospital It's just like a pro We shouldn't even really have it.
Speaker 2: She grabs it. It saysn't block capitals. This bleach. She goes, You're gonna have.
Speaker 3: To get loads of water now and rinsel. It took off a lot. We're gonna have to I'm gonna have to get quotes. I think that the garage still gonna have to be repainted. It looks horribly. It just looks mottled and bits of it. Even this morning in the dark, I could see that stains and residue. But I made it actually worse. It looked better with bird.
Speaker 6: Poop on there. The birdpoo's gone.
Speaker 3: Oh, the bird poop has been melted off hospital grade.
Speaker 2: Christian Connall's show. It's the Christian Connalls Show.
Speaker 3: So with me accidentally using a cleaning spray that was heavily bleach based when I was trying to clean a garage door, get all the bird poop that have been encrusted on there throughout the year. We want to know when you've tried to make something better and actually what you've done if you've made it worse. So if you've made something worse, you had good intentions. I did yesterday thought I'll clean this all that, but I've actually made it worse.
Speaker 2: I think you very much met.
Speaker 3: By the way, it's a paintery so that walks around the base, I there is happy to come around and have a look at it.
Speaker 2: I may be giving you a call after the show today.
Speaker 3: I love the fact that mix that he's been listening to the show since day two was smart. A lot of these kind of Johnny come laters go doing this is day one mix or smart one, like I'll give you that one a miss.
Speaker 2: Day nine is when the smart people really got into them.
Speaker 6: It's more believable. I don't always believe the people who say the n thing since day one.
Speaker 2: No, so whenever you made it worse, I made it worse.
Speaker 3: The other thing I also would like some store on if we ever gain any right is earlier this year, I was using the pressure washer right to clean the path and there was a gardener working across the road. It came over and after chatted him, his lovely guy, and he said, hey, make sure you're using a hard shoe.
Speaker 2: Will do you use that?
Speaker 3: Someone I know severed three toes off there because they're wearing thongs. Severed three toes clean off with a pressure washer. And I'm like, that is not true.
Speaker 6: That's an urban legend.
Speaker 2: That is not true.
Speaker 6: They're strong, but they're not that strong no way.
Speaker 3: Someone says, right now with missing digits because of a pressure washer or is it just with the benefit of doubt, I have to get your elbow to tap out their phone number if you have lost fingers or toes while using a pressure washer.
Speaker 2: But you've got to still about someone making it worse.
Speaker 6: Oh, my mother in law did it in our place. She was she thought she was cleaning the floorboards with some kind of cleaning oil and didn't realize what she had was a product that used on chopping boards so that the oil soaks in a.
Speaker 2: Make like a stain.
Speaker 6: They are like a food protector almost, and so she stained all the maybe tear floorboards before she realized what she was doing.
Speaker 2: Now that's even worse. Now you've got some sort of two in shroud there on the floorboards.
Speaker 9: Ber you're listening to the christ you know, Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 3: A gardener told me that he knew someone who was using a pressure washer and they accidentally severed off three of their toes.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't know if he's winding me up. Jack, you're pretty convinced he was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think it's strong enough to go through toes.
Speaker 2: Patsy, you know grizzy stories.
Speaker 3: You're writing to report in the news that someone's lost her digits through a pressure water.
Speaker 4: You know what if they were wearing dongs or bare feet, this guy was impossible.
Speaker 6: Even still on bare skin. I don't think it's strong enough to go through.
Speaker 3: It strong Yeah, nine four one four four three. Kerry, good morning. You made it worse.
Speaker 9: I made it very worse. My husband had an earache, so I put some ear dropped in his ear, not realizing that they were the dog's ear drops that were about six months out of date, and he ended up with an absence.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yeah.
Speaker 3: I guess that'd be an even stronger one those big old doggie.
Speaker 2: Isn't it massive cold in there? You know we've got German shepherd dog down there. Infection. I always as to pump something in with some huge serrange.
Speaker 10: And I'm a nurse to boot.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Carrie, you should have known better. I know, Carrie, Thank you most of the story. Mate. Have a good day.
Speaker 8: Thank you you too.
Speaker 2: Buye claressa good morning.
Speaker 11: Ah Hi, how are you going?
Speaker 2: I'm good, Cloris. I hope you had a nice weekend and you made it worse. Yeah, I did.
Speaker 11: When I was about ten, my dad had us over at a friend's place. They were doing some stuck out of the backyard and we've made a terrible mess in the house. So I had decided to clean the floors and my dad's girlfriend at the time used to just grab the bleach bottle and spray it all over the floors when she was cleaning. So what I didn't know was that she used to dilute the bottle, and so I grabbed the bleach bottle and I reread all over the floor, and it was the actual bleach bottle. So it left that white line all over these wooden floors.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you'd always wanted to white floors.
Speaker 10: No, no, but the thing was it wasn't even our house, so it was it was there goes the deposits.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, that's incredible. Yeah, Chris, thank you very much the story. And let's go Robert here, come on in, Robert, Yes, Rob, Yeah, yeah, we're good, Rob. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So gentlemen, yeah, yeah, we're very good. Now, Rob, you talk about pressure washers. Have you lost toes?
Speaker 12: I haven't lost a toe. But I saw a bloke who was using an industry one nearly lose a handy host first while he was using it, and I went through an armored club and nearly took his hand off. And I personally have one that will cut concrete.
Speaker 3: Did cutcong It's going to cut through your meta tassels or your meto castle.
Speaker 6: Obviously that's a different one than you're using on your garage door.
Speaker 2: Stonemason's version.
Speaker 12: The ones you can buy now have such a high pressure that they're basically the same that will cut your toes off.
Speaker 10: Anyone can buy them.
Speaker 6: Anyone, Rob, We were talking in here about an urban legend of even a guy popping his friend's head off, his head off two.
Speaker 2: We talk about stuff like that. Is that time you would be able to in time the.
Speaker 6: Future as advancements in pressure washers get to start, well.
Speaker 12: So old bristle and and attendance and blood vessels inflation to cut through.
Speaker 2: It'll cut through all good stuff for our breakfast show. All right, Rob, thank you very much.
Speaker 10: You could.
Speaker 12: Have a great day.
Speaker 2: This is the christ you know Connells Show podcast, Christian.
Speaker 3: I just tried to call into so I knew someone who lost toes from a pressure hose. The reason why we're talking about this, I was one of the team that early on this year. I was using my pressure washer and a gardener who haven't been working on the house opposite came. I said, hey, make sure using a hard show on that I know someone who lost three toes using a pressure washer. We're not sure about this took. Sorry, but this guy here because he knows someone lost toes from a pressure hose. He got a compo pey out and told me if I ever need a quick cash.
Speaker 2: I should do the same.
Speaker 6: What what do you need your pinky toe for?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 3: I think the thumb. The thumb, you get the most money from me if you lose it in the dustyal acxence. I presume the same with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: I can go and see McCartney this year. Samie McCartney is going to look out giving it the old thumbs up like he does. They've got no thumbs in Melbourne, all right, nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 2: You made it worse. Good morning Mary, and good morning Mary.
Speaker 8: So what a nineteen eighty nine first job putting in the OLS over the weekend, working on my keyboard, which is a very old and clanky, drinking my diet coke, bolt, my diet coke all over my keyboard, big manner, messive, panic attack, got soapy, sponge, went to wiper. So now my keyboards thoroughly wish and I'm thinking, oh, pooth put the founder heater, put it on, tried to drive it off, and all these keys warped into each other.
Speaker 2: Buddy, what do you put on top of the heater?
Speaker 8: No, no melt on top in front of the heater.
Speaker 2: I spent very strong the keyboards.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I melted the keyboards. A massive panic attacks. I'm like very young, first job, absolute palpitations about going to work on Monday.
Speaker 2: Mary, thank you very much for sharing story.
Speaker 10: Mate, have a good day, no rather than's tears.
Speaker 2: But Jason, good morning, Jason.
Speaker 10: Good morning, team, and Christian, how are we all? I made several things worse here. So my hands were really slippery one day, and I was trying to undo some superglue, and I decided that rather than going to wash my hands or dry my hands, I'd put the leader of the superglue in my teeth and rotate the superglue tube. By doing so, I also must have squeeze a little too hard, and then I filled my mouth up on the field the hard put superglue in my mouth immediately. I didn't want my tongue to get stuck to my teeth, so then I grabbed my tongue with my fingers with some and my little pit. Then I superglued dead together. But then I thought, I've got to get the super glue out, so I'll wash it out with some water. So then I went to the tap like your kitchen sink tap, turned on the tap and sort of like guzzling on the side, and that makes a super golog go off even harder. It makes it go off super quick. So from there I'm now stuck with my fingers attached to my tongue and then have to go to the doctor and then try and talk to people over the phone again in the.
Speaker 1: Pointick, Jason, that is an insane story.
Speaker 3: So what happened then when you got the daughters? I think it's Is it coffee granules? Is what some people say recommend you use when you when you stop the super glue?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not.
Speaker 10: I'm not sure. I just know that the doctor, I don't think he cared too much. He just pretty much pried my finger off the tongue. And yeah, the worst part having a.
Speaker 2: Bad days, all the patients get up and walk.
Speaker 10: And then years later I went to the dentist and he goes, oh, she seemed to have a lot of pluck on your bottom teeth. And I didn't think much and then we use all the goffe's, like this is weird.
Speaker 6: How many years later was the glue still on your team?
Speaker 10: Maybe five?
Speaker 3: It's really strong enamel, almost like now it is super glue, And it was really.
Speaker 10: Weird because then then on the bottom of your teeth you get that sensation back of all the ribs of the inside of the teeth.
Speaker 2: I heard that must have been lovely for you, you know, like here again.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 10: So no, I did lots of things wrong.
Speaker 2: Really, We're going to make you our corner of the week. We love that story. I think we've had it on a Monday.
Speaker 3: But you want a thousand dollars right now? Thank you, Thanks God, Jason, You're our call the week. Brilliant story, amazing story. Well thanks Mercedes Ben's Mercedes Benz Barrit you win one thousand dollars. Find super Savings on GLC and Jele SUVs and Mercedes Benz Berrick only while stocks last.
Speaker 2: Jason, really really well told story. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Thank all Right tomorrow on the show, more superglue stories. Everyone must have these strange superglue stories. The other thing I was thinking about on tomorrow's show, right so we've got miss her Lewis in a minute is like I was talking about an hour ago, almost talking about I made it worse when I was just too lazy to hook cut the pressure washer. It would have taken probably ten minutes but you know when you just tired on Sunday at the weekend, I just can't be bothered that ten minutes might as well be ten days, and so you take a shortcut. And that's when you make a mistake and you put bleach on something and it gets worse. How many times has something bad happened where we were just too lazy?
Speaker 6: Well even Jason was too lazy to wash his hair, so put the glue in his mouth.
Speaker 3: It's as simplers sometimes this, you know, when the remotess on the blink and you take batteries out of something else to give it to something else. At some point it went you're you're you're just banking for you to debt, are you? But and you were talking about how often there too lazy is when you can't be bothered to go and get a ladder.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, the amount of times I was stood on a chair even sometimes a swivel chair, get up somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a core workout.
Speaker 6: Stupid. But you just think, if I get the latter out, I gotta clunk it through the house, get it from the backyard.
Speaker 2: So tomorrow on the show Super Glue Stories. And also when you were too lazy. What happened to?
Speaker 3: Email me Christian at christiano'connell dot com dot au. Thanks Jason, great story, Carl A brighter.
Speaker 2: No, you're listening to The Christian o'conll Show podcast