Speaker 1: iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 1: Got anything good?
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian Connell Show podcast. Christian Japassy just say that Collingwood are paying tribute to Robert Redford. I didn't realize he was such a big influence for the team.
Speaker 1: He was a yes, yes, yes, I know.
Speaker 2: You would have thought you'd be more in a ds man, you know, but no big shot today. Isn't that the great Robert Redford has died? He said, Actually he was a closet pie fast to have him in the.
Speaker 1: Shares before the jo really say Collingwood.
Speaker 2: It did, you said Hollywood, But it did also sound a lot like let's we get the audio like Collingwood, which leaning into that.
Speaker 1: Just run with it.
Speaker 2: Perhaps it's a night running into the finals, the big Twilight game Saturday night for pies, the fact that they might maybe some confusion. Now we can start a roomor here next thing, you know, for the game, there's gonna be a minute silence for a pieman you have just seeing the great Hollywood megastar up there on the screen.
Speaker 1: And then at the end of all that a photo of him and the banner as they run a run through it great. The Sting anyway, a feels like.
Speaker 2: The last of one of the real icons of an old time version of Hollywood, a real, a real megastar, high watched charismas so many great movies like Patsy Was Staying obviously, Butch Cassidy and The Sun Dance Kid, which has got so many iconic scenes in as well.
Speaker 1: And also The Sting.
Speaker 2: And then my favorite one is a great one that he came out with in the eighties called The Natural. I would if any of you want to really see what was great about Robert Redford in a very unshowy, kind of dis intense presence he had in a movie. It was The Natural, span cent in the nineteen thirties and aging baseball legend.
Speaker 1: Roy Hobbs Bazari watched it a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it since I watched it with my dad when I was about fourteen or fifteen or so.
Speaker 1: My God, The Natural and one if it's still really great, still a beautiful, beautiful movie. It's so good. All the President's Men, Yeah, incredible, unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize the last scene in Butsh Cassidy and the Sun Dance Kid, which has of course got Robert Redfooted and another sort of icon of cinema as well, Paul Newman, incredibly charismatic, twinkly eyed charmer as well. The last scene when they talk about where could they flee and hide in the world? Is this country Australia the great idea.
Speaker 1: Where we should go next? I don't want to hear it. Australia, that's your great idea. Australia is no better than your I mean one thing.
Speaker 3: Australia good climate, nice beaches, you can learn to swim.
Speaker 1: No swimming. Yeah, I never knew Last Sea his spiritual home. See yes, yes.
Speaker 2: So I was saying to the team before the show today, like, you know, what movies have you seen? And this is when I realized the age we're at, Alex and Pats and the age these young thrusters are at.
Speaker 1: They hadn't seen any of his movies. No wait, participating then what was the one?
Speaker 2: And bearn in mind that Robert Redford set up the Sun Dance Film Festival, which is really all about independent storytelling, and it is the festival everyone talks about I got a standing What is it like in only industry that give themselves eight hour standing evations and they just stand there and we don't get it When someone's done some really great plumbing around your house, which is equally, if not more impactful, they don't just stand there.
Speaker 1: Were you?
Speaker 2: There was one that I saw the day for the New Rock movie.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, yeah, he was yeah, yes, seventeen minutes or something.
Speaker 2: Eighteen minutes and thirty three seconds and they're.
Speaker 1: Really timing it. Do you know how long that is? Just we standing there, going keep going? And how do you going to end? Who sort of goes to sit down or anything? You know, I'm worried.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow we're going to see, like the big premiere of MJ the Musical. I'm going to start a standing ovation at the beginning and see if I can get it and beat what they do. At the Sundance Film Firstival.
Speaker 3: He used to sit down after everyone else has to kayline.
Speaker 1: What Robert Redford movie? You know? Is it The Sting? Is it The Natural? All President's Men? It was Captain America, the Winter Soldier.
Speaker 2: He was really good villain. One of his finest roles, right your homework now is to see, but Castid in the Sundance Kid.
Speaker 1: It's a great movie.
Speaker 3: I happily will I will.
Speaker 2: I will from everything that I've seen today and reading all up about. But I also think that some of the movies that he was in, right, but casting a Sundance Kid can never be remade, right, And I'll see what other movies should never ever be remade?
Speaker 1: I would say, Back to the Future.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I think that one might get remade, though I like Christopher Lloyd.
Speaker 1: You're right, there's only one Christopher Lloyd.
Speaker 3: But it's right for the picking lazy movie.
Speaker 2: Studios going to get in their no, don't say Mark Wahlberg's.
Speaker 1: No please no. Yeah, And what about.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking, like Forrest Gump is Tom Hanks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've never actually finished Forrest.
Speaker 1: Really, my friend, what do you.
Speaker 2: Mean it's a joyous war? I mean it's sad at times, it's beautiful. Lieutenant tell me you got further than Lieutenant Dan.
Speaker 3: But I haven't made it more than twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Oh really, that's the start of it.
Speaker 2: It's just like, who does that I should have, which I know in this at a job interview stage would not be in the studio with me.
Speaker 1: This is shocking, and.
Speaker 3: You know it's going to be a long movie. So I'm like, I don't know, I think I can do three hours of this.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful with your generation, with you sit for three hours and watch cinematics.
Speaker 1: For three hours. TikTok looking at cat videos. That's your homework, Creer.
Speaker 3: You've got to see.
Speaker 1: This movie. It won so many oscars. Him and Ron Howard. What's not about that? I know? I know, did you even you wouldn't have got a spile as Lieutenant Dan. I don't know what that is now you have. It just kind of stupid, And that's how it starts. We judge him and then you realize he's the best of us. Okay, I'll give it another simple man with the pure heart. You know, if anything is about Alex
Speaker 2: Colored Christian O'Connell show podcast