Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're doing our one word phone and in one word we're looking for your stories this week. Anything to do with hiding, I reckon most of us are hidden from somebody at some point. Patsy, Patsy, you strike me as someone that hides.
Speaker 3: Does remind me?
Speaker 2: I wagged.
Speaker 4: Mum and Dad are listening to this.
Speaker 1: I wagged school once in about.
Speaker 2: You, the idea of mom and dad still getting you in trouble for I mean, that's why I moved into another hemisphere so I can not get in trouble anymore.
Speaker 4: I get grounded.
Speaker 1: Wagged high school with a girlfriend, went up the street, up the local drag and had lunch and one of the teachers, Missus Bell, who was our year level coordinator, came into the cave.
Speaker 4: So we had to hide under the table.
Speaker 1: And she didn't see this.
Speaker 4: She got she myopic or something. I mean, so of tables aren't solid. I mean your eye sees what's under there straight away. No, I mean she'd had cancer as old missus olb Mama.
Speaker 5: Bell convinced we're going to get caught out.
Speaker 2: All right, Just go to the the lines hiding. That's the one word phone and known four one four one O four three Russell, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Bourn Christian and gang. How are you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're good, uh Russell, Off you go.
Speaker 5: I'm a tradesman and I traveled to Victoria installing kitchens and new built homes. I had one right down to South Gipsland one day where I used to sleep in. I was sleeping in the job site and I in the middle and my car was behind the house, so the clients wouldn't have known I was there. And in the middle of the night they decided to come and have a sneaker around with their torches peering in all the windows. So I was, I was four, and I did they didn't know I was there. Thought if I can't bursting out or scare the heck out of me, you know what I mean? So I thought better go and hide somewhere. So hid in the toilet in my pajamas for about three quarters from now Wally very swolling painstakingly looked in every single window of.
Speaker 1: The hell.
Speaker 5: And so I thought, I can't come out in my emmy sea shorts, and you.
Speaker 4: Know, the man, you really can't.
Speaker 5: So I thought, well, all I can do is waited out and actually heard the bloke say, oh, jeezus, a lot of tools in the house. He must be down the pub. And now it wasn't in the pub. I was standing with the bear stead on the concrete in the toilet, hiding, waking to go away. And then the funny thing was the next day, once they had finally gone home. The next day, I've got a phone call from the supervisor asking me if there's any old mattresses in their house. I so I had to understand what you meant. And what had happened was the clients had seen my bed, which is kind of like a decision that will throw out airbed, you know, Dona. They bring the supervisor and they complained that there was a squasering in their house, the.
Speaker 4: Cable guy, the kitchen guy.
Speaker 5: And I thought, last time I checked, not a lot of squatters run around in storing the kitchens while they're there.
Speaker 4: No good point. All right, Russell, thank you very much, you go now, thank you all right?
Speaker 1: Well Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Just remembered, actually have you done it recently? The other day I was getting out of the car with my youngest daughter and I went, oh, my god, I saw someone. I can't this would be so awkward we see them. I actually got into the back, dived into the back, sit the car right, face down right and goes, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: What are you doing? Don't don't speak to me right, just keep you I'm literally speaking.
Speaker 2: To a wife from another adult to pass by, and I graw back out. About two minutes later went they've gone. Now, Sean, what did you do? And I explained to it was she went, oh, no, you did the right things. There are times in your life we're going to have to hide from people. That is the only option. Life lesson number one right there, All right, Helen, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 4: How's bells? Who have you hidden from?
Speaker 1: Oh? Well, before I tell you who I heed from, I will tell you I am now a more mature person. So so years ago, I had an old FOURD Escort that I needed to sell because I've bought a new car, and these guys came around with cash, had to look at it, handed it over to me, and took off up the road. As soon as they took off, I ran inside, turned the TV off, locked the front door, and hid behind the front door because I knew they'd be back because I knew that it was going to break down about two hundred yards.
Speaker 4: On the Also, they know where you are. This means you're not watching the TV.
Speaker 1: I could have thought that I'd just gone out somewhere very quickly.
Speaker 2: The way you say you're mature, completely unrepentant girls of laughter, I know, I.
Speaker 4: Don't know what you're judging.
Speaker 2: Didn't you sell that dodgy you to one of our listeners and they brought it back a day or two later?
Speaker 4: But I channel idiot in the loop, Helen.
Speaker 2: Bye bye bye, Healen, unrepented, still bringing a lot of joy, a lot of fun, just.
Speaker 4: Kind of people out of money, the laughing criminal Michael.
Speaker 6: Yes, morning, Christian and crew. How are you? Yes?
Speaker 4: Michael? Who have your head from me?
Speaker 6: So about twenty seven years ago, at our engagement party, we hired a local hall in Dninal and after everybody had left, we decided to play a little bit of adult hide and seek. All was going well until we heard the door to the hall rattling.
Speaker 2: In a village hall, you thought this is a place to do that. Well, yeah, engagement emotions running hut.
Speaker 6: Thee was pregnant too at the time, so you know it's got that as well. So we heard his rattling noise. The wife quickly grabbed up all the clothes and took off, so obviously we were both naked, at which point I hid behind the bar standing up. Next thing I know, there's a security guard that's walked into the hall, so he can see me. I can see him on topless of course, and had a little bit of a chat and said to him, you know it was supposed to be at by one. Okay, it wasn't until last that he left. I turned around and saw that I was standing behind full mirrors.
Speaker 2: It was some swingers or something to hide out the old churchill someone, this is all cleaned up.
Speaker 4: You'll get the deposit back. It's not my business what you're doing now.
Speaker 6: Was it a church, It was a local whole.
Speaker 3: The scouts will be yeah, one of their badges for that, all right, Michael, thank you very much, your cool mate.
Speaker 4: Take care, Thank you.
Speaker 5: Christian.
Speaker 3: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast