Speaker 1: This is Outspoken. The podcast is not afraid to say exactly what you're thinking. Our names are Amy Kay and Sophie Torba. We're identical triplets, but we often don't have identical opinions, so sometimes things can get heated. Outspoken covers all things reality TV, influences, entertainment, and issues facing women. That is so fat. Thank you, hello, and welcome back to Outspoken. Now. We thought we would start the episode by giving you a little bit of an insight into what it's really like working with your sisters. I feel like it's no secret that we argue from time to time. I mean, we've had full blown arguments on this podcast. I've even listened back to the start of episodes where my voice is like hoarse because we've had like a very heated argument before we've got into recording about what we're going to be talking about. Yeah. Well, the other night, we all had a girls' night at Sophie's house and we decided to watch the Veronica's Reality MTV show, and oh my gosh, I've never related to a clip of two people fighting ever so much in my life. Yeah, I felt like it really encapsulates what our arguments are like without having to actually air our own dirty pountry and show really what we argue like, I think we should go to a clip and have a listen at how they fight with each other.
Speaker 2: So Lese forgot the black latex bodysuit again. I had to pack three suitcases full of stuff, and I had all the beads, all the dresses, the blue and the pink lab It's.
Speaker 1: Too much responsibility.
Speaker 2: I remember read a minute.
Speaker 1: I don't mind listen to me. You have it. No, you had the red and the black latex.
Speaker 2: I have the red, you have the black from hands, you have the latex bodysuit from the Heaven Party. I'll go find the text message back.
Speaker 1: Now go find that that good. I will once I actually have the time. Now, you took my makeup? Where take your makeup?
Speaker 2: It's probably sitting in the same place with the black latex. You are a nightmare to be around. I packed both of the knee.
Speaker 1: Shut the fight. Told you.
Speaker 2: I will take into pack everything that I you have for the right of having any opinion right now unless you show respect.
Speaker 1: When I'm speaking and stop.
Speaker 2: It's not like we don't have a billion other options, I know, but literally the black Latex is actually a stable piece.
Speaker 3: And you know that.
Speaker 1: No, Jess, honestly say I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Don't say no, I say I apologizing, and you don't have apologie, because I'm not enabling your behavior right now. So Hi, your hair gets the more bitchy you're becoming.
Speaker 1: The first thing I loved about this fight is the fact that they are openly arguing in front of a room full of people, and I just love how awkward the people look. I really felt for our best friend Owen because I felt like it showed what she must feel like in those moments where Sophie, Amy and I are having massive arguments and she's just awkwardly there trying not to like be on anyone side. Do you know what? Though so many people have told us that our fights are funny to watch, and watching them, I finally understood, Oh, it actually is quite entertaining. It also brought me back to a fight that we had on our girls trip with Owen in Penang, where it was a fight about communism, of all things. But that's the thing, Like, not that that's a small issue, but I mean, most of the arguments we have are brought on by the most minute thing I think though the topic in question is not usually what where the argument is stemming from. It's usually used as a vehicle for other issues to be raised. The other bit of the Veronica's fight I really related to is how they overcome their argument. So let's have a listen to this clip.
Speaker 2: As soon as you hear I start to call each other, chi chi, you know that the fight is over and the white flag is waving.
Speaker 1: And even just do it around there and do it at a moment, CHITCHI lot.
Speaker 2: If I had the black Wave ex bodyuit, this could have.
Speaker 3: Been a month.
Speaker 1: This is us to a tea. I mean, I'm going to be honest. We've lived with each other for thirty years, so yeah, there has been points where we've almost had physical fights. Well we have, Sorry, we have had physical fights. There's been shoes thrown at each other's, the muffin throwing incident. The worst thing is that sometimes these arguments would be captured on Snapchat secretly, and sometimes I get these memories pop up when we live together and like Brandon will be like, what are you watching? I'm like, I think That's what I'm going to say is like, that's the point where it's you know, quite a crazy fight. But literally, I'd say ten minutes later, we will just be putting on these little voices to each other and calling it. Yeah, they cute little names, darling, stop it, and literally everything will be fine. It's our boyfriends can't work it out. Do you know what's funny seeing how other siblings resolve some arguments or the fact that they don't argue at all. I would like to know is it just a multiple birth thing? Because we've obviously had to share the womb with each other. We're that close and just like the Veronicas, So when I saw them, I was like, is it multiple births? Or is it like girls and girls arguing? Or We're going to put the question in our Facebook group, which has outspoken the podcast Facebook community, and we want to know, what are the biggest arguments you've ever had with this sibling and do you relate to the veron I don't so much. I'd also like to throw in there, what's the biggest argument you've had over something ridiculously small? It doesn't even matter. Yeah, what triggers the arguments? Because for us it's usually clothes and make up, boyfriends stealing each other's things, Yeah, it's really anything, very trivial things, even just the way something is phrased towards someone. And as we said, communism apparently is another point of argument.
Speaker 3: Hi, sister.
Speaker 1: My influencer James Charles has hit out at Instagram, claiming a change in the platform's algorithm has caused his likes to drop from four million to one million per post. In the eight minute long video, the beauty influencer explained that while he can survive with a seventy five percent drop in engagement, a lot of other creators cannot. Amy What are your thoughts on what James Charles said? Well, I really love the fact that James Charles came out and made an Insta story about this topic. And I think first we should have a listened to what exactly can I say say? It's quite ironic that he used Instagram to share the story that he's not happy with Instagram, and Instagram would have been like, yeah, let's get this algorithm low for this post. Anyway, let's throw to the clip.
Speaker 3: There has been a massive major change in the Instagram algorithm that I have noticed, the other big have noticed, and that I know for a fact small businesses and small artists have definitely noticed because it affects them the most. And Instagram is sitting here adding all these features that nobody's asking for, pretending like nothing's happening, nothing is changing, are while ignoring everybody who's giving them feedback and saying that they don't like the directing that the app is going. It's crazy to me.
Speaker 1: So I thought this was a really interesting point that James Charles made. He first came out and said that of course he's being selfish in making this post because it is affecting his business. But what about the people who are small creators or small businesses. I mean, a seventy five percent decrease in people coming to your account is a huge number, and it could be killing a lot of businesses. And it's really difficult if the creators of that platform can't understand what's going on, which is going to have a trickle down effect to brands, because brands aren't going to know why people are getting a seventy five percent decrease, and they're going to assume that those influences are people that they no longer want to work. I've got a theory. Did Instagram get rid of likes? So that it wouldn't be a parent how much this drop was occurring for regular people. So they just weren't across the fact that there was an algorithm change, because unless you're working with someone like James Charles, you're not privy to all of his stats. Well, James Charles has said he's only seen a change in algorithm in the last two months. So his posts we're getting four million likes, they're now getting one million likes. And he said he's done nothing. He hasn't changed how many times he's posting, he's responding to fans, he's doing all the right things, and all it points to is the fact that Instagram has made an algorithm change. However, they haven't announced any change, which is what he's so angry about, because brands will be saying, well, what's the problem, because Instagram, haven't you announced anything has changed. What they have actually made an announcement about is additions that they've made to the platform. So Instagram IGTVV creators now have the option to turn on automatic captions for their videos, which are available in sixteen different languages. That's good, which make the platform a lot more inclusive to people that obviously can't hear. It's a great idea though as well. But it's also for people who were just at work on Instagram and don't want to lose of course. Yeah, that too, which I'm actually loving because I noticed on the Instagram stories now you can even you write your caption or whatever, but you can have it as rolling text as well, which is pretty cool. They have also introduced a new map and calendar tool, which I'm actually not familiar with yet, which allows people to browse old stories by date and location. Oh my god from other people's Yeah, well it's insane that door then changing. Oh god, I would have loved that about five years ago. Yeah, I thought you were going to say it was a map like on Snapchat, which I was going to say, that's pretty well, that would be pretty tough for influences to be on that celebrity. Well. There's also they've made some changes to reels. Now reels can be thirty seconds long rather than fifteen seconds. Did you guys know about this one? So Instagram, to celebrate its tenth birthday, has introduced that you can change the Instagram icon on your phone. So what you have to do is you go into your settings and you pull the page down until you see confetti animation, and then it will allow you to choose between like the normal Instagram logo, the classic and the retro one. I feel like it's all smoke and mirrors. They're introducing all of these fancy new things, but yet hiding the fact that the algorithm has changed and that this will drastically affect businesses online. Well, that's exactly what James Child said. He said, while Instagram are bringing in all these new features, they're not actually acknowledging the changes that a lot of creators are having a problem with, number one being the algorithm change. Yeah. Well, for me, it's quite obvious that Instagram have a real focus on monetization and commos, which is what the top executive at Instagram, Tom Masirio, actually announced, and he said, we're working on a number of new features to help creators making a living. Expect more updates soon. He also hinted more audience insights may soon be available to businesses and creator accounts. But to me, it's what they're actually doing is very counterintuitive to the creators. They're claiming, oh no, we're going to make it easier for you guys to earn money on the platform. But that's not the The issue is that for a long time, influencers have been earning a lot of money from the platform, but Instagram themselves have not, So that's quite clear why they are making change. So it's like, here's all these tools so you can be better at influencing or making your business page go off, but then we're going to cut down your engagement so much. It's very obvious that Instagram just want influencers and businesses to pay to be seen on the app, which is what exactly happened to Facebook and why Facebook is now so unpopular. I mean, yes, we all go on it, but we don't use it how we used to use it, and I feel like Instagram is going to turn into the same thing. Well, James Tiles made a really good point. He said that it is embarrassing that his likes have gone down from four million to one million, and although he's more concerned about what it means for smaller businesses and also his business, it does bring up a very good point of will people be posting? I know likes have been taken away, but let's be honest, we can still see, you know, there's ways around seeing people's engagement. Jump on your desktop and have a lot. Yeah. Yeah, but as soon as someone like if I like your post, amy, I can then click on and see how many people have liked it. Yes, I have to manually count it, but it gives me an idea of how many likes you've gotten. Well, Instagram actually came out and said that one of the reasons for taking away likes was to increase user engagement on Instagram, so people wouldn't care about posting a photo if it didn't get many likes. But what James Charles is saying, these new changes are making people get seventy five percent less engagement, and people are tweeting and saying I don't even feel like posting a photo on Instagram because it's just embarrassing. Well, talking about the changes, obviously, Instagram haven't actually come out and said that there are any. But what are people actually thinking has been changed with the algorithm? Well, there are thoughts that the algorithm is favoring people whose photos are saved. So I actually never do that. I never save people's photos. But a lot of people are saying that this change in algorithm is actually favoring people who post you know, like bikini first trap picks, because let's be honest, that's what some men and I suppose some women are also saving on their phones. Yeah, I noticed that Jade Twinschi was actually asking her followers to start saving pictures if they wanted to see her in their news feed. It does make me think is Instagram turning more into Pinterest, because that's a very Pinterest style thing. I mean, you obviously go on there, you find an esthetic that you like, maybe you're planning a wedding or redecorating or looking at fashion, and you save the pins. So it feels to me like Instagram is rebelling from what is now becoming a place where it's favoring authenticity. But it completely contradicts their first message when they got rid of the likes. They said, we want you to feel comfortable to post regularly whatever you want. But then they're saying you have to post images that are good enough to be saved and used on other platforms. It makes no sense. It seems like they're trying to push back to a time when feeds were really curated and people are only wanting to save these very perfect images to try and repliciz It's just a very dumb business move. It's not reflective of what society wants at the moment, especially with the pandemic. I feel like people are pushing against that perfect ideal. Just a thought though it could actually advantage some small creators because think about it. You know, like people who post about their pantries and their organizational photos. People would be saving that type of content. I mean, I wouldn't go and save influences like glamorous shots. It would be more business pages I'd be saving. But it's dependent on what you're looking for. So there's a lot of young people out there that may save influencers glamoroushots because they like that clothing style or that honest it's men saving photos for a wank bank, like that is what it is. I'm just going to say it's photo has everyone, But that would be a large portion I believe of an audience that will now be favoring bikini photos. But on the other hand, I feel like people who run social media accounts for a living they save photos is inspiration from other accounts, But is that just encouraging people to steal photos and copy one another's photos. Well, it's interesting you say that because one of the new features Instagram have added is similar to what Facebook's feature is in terms of copywriting. So Facebook actually have a feature that I didn't even know about until today called Facebook Rights Manager, and it's a tool designed to help you find any of your copyrighted images that you've submitted for protection on the platform and manage them accordingly. So now you can do that with Instagram. You can say, okay, well I've taken this beautiful photo and you can have Instagram track it and then serve those people with sort of an infringement to let them know, hey, that's actually your photo, which is very an interesting step to protect creators. But then they're encouraging people to save them, so yeah, it doesn't make sense. Yeah, I suppose you can save them, but once you replicate them and pass them off as your own work, it's not fair. Well. I had a look on Social Blade, which is a website where you can look at different influencers engagement, and currently James Charles has eight point six three percent engagement on his Instagram and that's really good. That's a really high engagement. So it's crazy to think he actually had four times the amount. Yeah previously, Well, I had to look at some of the Ossie influencers because I thought everyone might be interest and it's crazy to see who's doing really well. So Bella from The Bachelor, her engagement is more than James Charles. Really, her engagement is nine points. But that's just the percent though it doesn't mean there's more people. Yeah, but the percentage is a comparable of the audience. And over the last thirty days, Bella's Instagram has grown by thirty four thousand, so she has a total of one hundred and nine thousand followers, So that is growing at an amazing rate. Well, that's pretty expected when you've been on the finale of The Bachelor. I feel like we'll look in thirty days time and that growth will not be there anymore. Well, last time I looked at Becky, who's one of the Bachelorette, she had twenty five thousand followers. I think it is indicative of the ratings for that show at the moment though. Well, Becky's engagement is five point eight percent. But it's crazy. You look at Abby Chatfield, She's got six point one seven percent engagement, But look at someone like Tully Smith and her engagement is zero point six percent. That really surprised me. But I suppose when you look at someone like Abby Chatfield, who is consistently connecting with her audience in a very relatable and authentic way, people are going to be drawn to that type of content. I had to look at Tylia Skaines's engagement on Social Blade and she's currently at two point three percent, and she does post a lot of bikini picks, so it will be interesting to see if that figure does go up over the next couple of weeks. And I'm really intrigued to see if Instagram slowly does start taking some of that power away from influencers, because it does indeed seem like that is what their end goal is, and it seems to already be happening. You know, you've got the Instagram's biggest influencers calling them out. But how dumb because everyone's just going to go away from the app. I mean, TikTok's threatening Instagram in terms of popularity, And why would you be pissing people off like James Charles. Maybe they're getting too big for their boots now that TikTok is potentially being shut down in America. Maybe Hi, I'm Monie May hag I've got a text. This week, Love Island star Molly May Haigu revealed to her four point nine billion followers that she needs further surgery after having a mole removed on her leg. The twenty one year old said while she's very scared, she wants her story to raise awareness. Skin cancer is ranked as the most common cancer amongst BRIT's age fifteen to thirty four, with many viewing selariums as a healthy way to get vitamin D. Sophie, can you talk us through what's happening with Molly may Well? Molly may has been very vocal sharing this on her Instagram and last month that started with a photo that she shared showing her bandaged leg and she explained that she had to have a mole removed after getting multiple opinions from different doctors who suggested it may become cancerous at some stage. This kind of freaked me out because she said she went to two doctors that told her that it was fine. So it just shows how important it is to follow these things up if you are concerned about something. Well. It was actually Molly's mum who first noticed the mole and that was when she was in the Love Island Feelers, So it has been something I think that's been playing on Molly's mind a lot. So she told her followers this week that she is awaiting further surgery after she had the mole removed on her leg, and she told fans that she wasn't going to go into detail until she had her results back. She wrote, so, about three weeks ago now, I was advised that a mole I had on my leg needed removing. I had the procedure done within a few days. Last week I received my results back and it's safe to say they were not at all what I was expecting. I've been trying to process the information I received whilst being super busy with work, and it's not been easy. She then went on to say, I'm still not able to give my full diagnosis until my further surgery has taken place and have received those results. But for now, I'm just trying to stay positive. I never thought at twenty one something like this would happen to me, and it's very scary. But all I know is that I absolutely need to share my story and what I'm going through to raise awareness of this situation. I'll keep you updated as much as I can. I've already received so many lovely messages from you guys, and I appreciate it so much. The thing that I've taken away from this is that Molly has been so brave in documenting her experience and also urging followers to be very vigilant, especially when it's not really something that seems to be taken seriously in the UK. You forget that she's only twenty one. Really shocks me, and it is very mature of her to use her experience to educate others, especially when she doesn't really know what's going to happen. It seems very up in the air, obviously waiting on a lot of test results. I mean, I just feel stressed thinking about it for her. What it really shone a light on for me was the ingrained tanning culture that actually exists in the UK. It's crazy because for a country that's very dreary, gloomy and there isn't really much sun about the place, it's funny how tanning is so popular there. Yeah, it did shock me that skin cancer was the leading cancer in young people in the UK, when, as you said, many of them don't actually go out in the sun and it's only on holidays overseas that they are exposed to the sunlight. I have actually noticed that because I do follow a lot of UK influencers and they clearly haven't had the same sun safe messages that we have. You know at school or is you've got a slip slop slap before you go out, whereas they're like, oh my goodness, it's sunny, I've got to go out and I've got to get my vitamin D and I've got to sit in the sun all day. Well that makes sense because they don't see a lot of the sun, so in Australia we have to These are things that we have to do all the time. Well, it's really interesting when you do look into the history of the tanning culture over there, and it really became popular with the accessibility of foreign travel. So in the later half of the twentieth century we saw more people traveling for the first time, so sun tanning became something that was actually glamorous and showed wealth rather than representing poverty. So for the first time it was really cool and glamorous to have a tan. Well. I don't know about other people, but I feel like it's pretty easy to spot the English people when you're overseas. So when we've holidayed in Malaysia, you can see the people a mile away because they're often completely sunburned and bread and they just spend their whole holiday sun baking. But it's say that for Australians as well. But that's the thing. After speaking to a number of people in our community and also doing our research, it's actually crazy because tanning beds were first developed in eighteen ninety one by the man who created Kellogg's corn flakes, and they were brought out because they said they were really good for you, so they helped you with vitamin D. So I think that there's this ingrained theory amongst the UK that oh, it's really healthy to go into these things. And it shocked me there are actually eight thousand sun tanning beds in the UK. It grows because in Australia they've been banned because we know that they're not healthy at all, that they're very dangerous. They're carcinogenic at the end of the day. Studies show that even just one session in one of these sun beds can increase your chances of melanoma by twenty percent and your chances of other skin cancers increased by sixty seven percent. And that is just one time in a sunbed. That is so scary. I know of so many people that have actually used suntanning beds back in the day, probably like ten fifteen years ago. It's crazy because the stats show that between the ages of fifteen to thirty four, the most common cancer is skin cancer. And it's not a surprise when you go for a walk down one of the main streets in England, there are sunbed places everywhere. And what's most disturbing is that children are using these beds. It showed that forty three percent of fourteen to sixteen year olds have used sun tanning beds at least once, and an even more disturbing stats showed that eight to eleven year olds are using sun tanning beds, with seven percent of these children using them once every fortnight. What the hell, Like, I just it blows my mind. Growing up, our mum was so vigilant about sun care, like and I feel so lucky that she was. I mean, we hated it, having to put suncream on every day and wearing hats and wearing rashes, but I am so thankful now it is so scary to think that these kids are putting themselves at risk of melanoma. But the thing is what's sad is the parents think that they're probably doing the right thing because it's been ingrained in them that it's healthy to have as suntan, it's healthy to get vitamin D. So they're probably thinking, oh, yeah, I'll let the kids go in there. They don't get much sun. I wonder if it's got anything to do with shows like Jeordie Shaw and The Only Ways Es six, because a lot of them promote sun beds and obviously fake tan as well. But we I mean Molly May herself promotes tanning, which I found was kind of not ironic, but it was interesting that she obviously a bit of a big part of her image is having a beautiful tan, or even inside the villa on Love Island, they're constantly out sun baking, and you do wonder if they are provided with suncream. Well, that's the first thing I thought of because watching it from a perspective of always being forced to wear sun cream as a kid. When I watched them tanning basically all day in very like small clothing like bathers, I kind of made me feel sick, and all I could think of was, oh my gosh, their poor skin. And I do wonder if Love Island has any sort of OHS safety obligations considering it essentially was a workplace, and there are some rumors that they do make them wear bikinis during the day and that they made to sit outside. So well, the thing is that skin cancers can happen to anybody. You can be out in the sun. It only takes a few times getting burnt, and so in that sense, it is of course the responsibility of the person to wear suncream. And you know, as I said, you can get burnt a few times and pick up a skin cancer. So we don't want to be blaming anyone. I'm not trying to blame anyone, but there are definitely obligations that workplaces have to take on board. And it would be, for example, if you were working putting music together and we're always listening to loud concerts, then your hearing is going to be affected. So there are steps in place that workplaces need to provide you with adequate protection. So it's the same thing with suncream on a show like Love Island, where you're outside all the time. That being said, this could be Love Island's huge opportunity to promote suncream as a cool thing to wear. They need to be showing the contestants putting on the sun cream. I really hope, So I really hope they do that, But I also hope that they shut down some of these bloody sun beds. It's really disturbing because stats show that in the last three decades the rates of skin cancer have quadrupled and it is down to these bloody sun beds. If you I could walk through the main streets of England, there are so many of these beds out there and it's really disturbing because there's even slot machines where you can go and just put a couple of a couple of coins in one of these machines. There's no one working there, so it's not regulated. Kids can go in them, it's not regulated how long you're in these machines, what type of skin you have. It's just disgusting. Well do you not really disturbs me. They have been shut down in Australia, which is fantastic, but you can still purchase sun beds in Australia, So I have a friend who has a sunbed that uses it at home. When I was working at Today tonight, we did a story about sunbed usage and this was on the cusp of when they were going to be outlawed, and you actually had to fill in a little survey of what your skin was like, except you could totally botch it. I could say that I had olive skin and they'd let me in straight away. So they actually need to outlaw it completely because you can't be trusted like people can't be trusted to. It's definitely to be self regulation show exactly well. I really hope in the next couple of weeks that we do hear some good news from Molly May about her surgery, and it's just really great that she is shining a light on the matter. Scy, let's get into our influencer rap, so can you start us off? We really have to take our hats off to Instagram page celeb spellcheck for this one. They were first to break this story, and it is of course that Sky Wheatley has announced baby number two is on the way, and so let's spell check. They were on this a few weeks ago. They were picking up the signs before anyone else noticed. So for those who haven't seen it, Sky made the announcement with a photo shoot which was professionally styled and her family posed in beige outfits outside of White mansion and they basically held up a sonogram showing their new baby. Yeah, and Sky had been talking about this photo shoot for quite a few weeks, so it was kind of obvious that this is going to happen. So we were just really waiting for the photo to drop. And I don't think it disappointed. It was very sky. It was very over the top and really didn't make much sense as to why they needed to have a full on photo shoot and video shoot. Well three weeks ago, she posted a rather misleading photos which made her followers believe that she was actually having twins. She posted a selfie where Lockie had his hand on her stomach. I was I say fox, which one forest was in the photo? And she wrote and then there were five. Now, for those who actually had ego eyes, they would have spotted that their dash hounds, Winston and crunchyet was seen in the background, so that's who she was apparently indicating to. So her comments were filled with people being like, oh my god, this is the pregnancy announcement, So she responded in her comments confirming that she wasn't pregnant and that the next baby announcement would be far more epic than a mirror selfie. The announcement did kind of make more sense as to why she was reminiscing over old photos of herself and her smaller waist. Yeah, it definitely did bring a bit more context there. I'm looking forward to finding out what she's going to name this child and what the sex if it's going to be, because with a name like Forest, I don't think she's going to have a regular boy or girl's name.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm also hoping, I mean, I hope it's just a healthy baby, but I would love to see her with a girl. I'd find that very interesting to see how she dresses her up. And also what I'm looking forward to seeing is more of those epic McDonald's woun So once they had done their photo shoot and announced it, Sky was putting on her story that they went and got there was like two massive bags of McDonald's between the two of them. Also, she also had that epic chocolate pudding as well. I was made me so hungry and I very much look forward to more of that sort of content. Well. Another influencer he's been talking about big life events is Sarah's Day. I found this one so exciting. On Sunday, Sarah announced to her followers that she would be going a wedding dress shopping for the first time now. Of course, Sarah and Kirk got engaged in Hawaii in December last year, and two months ago they shared a vlog where they traveled to Byron Bay to plan their wedding and basically Sarah talked about the fact that they have put the wedding plans on hold while she's renovating and also while her cooking project is nearing its end. Sarah did admit, though, that she had a bit of an intervention and disagreement with her father, who said that she needs to make it a priority to get married. Sarah's dad seems quite religious. Yeah, and Sarah has been speaking about the fact that she wants to have a sibling for Fox sometime soon. So he said, hey, Sarah, if you don't do this now, you'll never get married. Yeah. But I mean the issue is as well that if she wants to have a baby soon, it will just push out the wedding later because she said before that she doesn't want to have her wedding while she's pregnant, so it does make sense. I think that her dad's giving her some good advice. I'm going to be a little bit cynical here, and as much as I really do want to watch the content, it is an interesting time that she's now announcing that she's suddenly interested in her wedding because she has just finished her renovation series on YouTube and there is one final episode to go, which is the unveiling of the project. But it seems like a very wise move, but also one that she's taken from a business perspective to start being, oh, okay, I'm going to start planning my wedding and sharing that. I think that's an incredibly cynical way to look at it. That's what I said, introduces a cynical wedding. I think that she's merely just sharing her life. I mean, I think if she didn't share her wedding dress experience, or she didn't share her wedding, her followers would be very, very disappointed. I think that's a little naive. Yes, her job is to share her life, but she has become known for making quite a lot of money and monetizing her life events like the unveiling of Fox's name and his gender review and her whole pregnancy journey, Like those videos would have made her a lot of money, and I know there's a demand to see them, but I'm just saying she is putting her business woman on and saying, Yep, the next lot of videos are going to be wedding focused. So what I don't get is why it suddenly makes someone so evil to be thinking like like I'm not saying, but there's always this connotation that she's always up to something. And when I watch that instant story, I was like, oh wow, lots of people be excited by this because we all want to have a nosy look into her wedding, and lots of us have seen her relationship blossom with Kery. A lot of people saw her meet him. Now we're excited and we're invested as followers to see her wedding. So for me, I think that's kind of nice that she's sharing it with people. It's not I get what you're saying. It's going to get a lot of views, but let's be honest, most influencers money doesn't actually come from the YouTube views, it comes from the products they bring out. I am very interested to see, though, how much of the wedding is sponsored. Well, this might play into your hands a little bit, Kate with your theory. She did tag the name of the bridle store, which is Hope Times Page. I took a further look into it. The dresses range from about three thousand, five hundred to five thousand dollars and it's an appointment only boutique, so basically you have to pay thirty dollars to have a stylist there come and talk you through the dress. To me, that kind of sounds quite normal, though, Yeah, I would have thought she, knowing her what her wealth potentially is like, she would have gone even to a more expense. So I'm more mean it played into your hands because she is tagging who presume movie she's getting a dressed through. And in no way am I saying that I am begrudging this because I cannot wait to see this footage. I'm just saying it's quite interesting the timing around. That being said, if you look broadly at influencers when they do share some of these small boutiques. It's actually great because it puts them in front of a huge new customer base of people, particular during the economic crisis. It is good that some of these people are getting extra exposure. Is it a Cronulla based bridal shop or did they it's half an hour out of Sydney. Oh interesting. Well what about Sarah's other news because she and Kurtive announce that they're dropping daily episodes of The Health Code, which is their podcast. Well I feel a bit ripped off because apparently the episodes are only five minutes long. It's a very clever business move from Sarah and Kurt if you think about it, they have a massive audience. I believe they've had around ten to twenty million downloads of their regular series, which is quite rare because they don't really upload on a regular basis. Yeah, it's very sporadic and if you think about it, they don't have to put a huge amount of effort into recording a quick, five minute, bite sized episode. They could literally record a bunch of them, have them all ready to go. They could put dynamic ads on each of those episodes, where you can earn quite a bit of money if you're getting ten million downloads. It's also obvious because they said that the episodes are only available on Spotify, So I'm guessing that there's a partnership between them and Spotify and they would be getting a considerable amount of money for well. Moving along, and someone else who's been popping up in our newsfeed is jar Da twint She okay, can you tell us what's happened there? Well? Jarda actually shared two months ago an update to her four hundred and forty four thousand followers on Instagram that she had received some bad news regarding her perapsmere, which is now known as a cervical cancer screening. So her doctor gave her a call and told her that some high grade abnormalities had been found during the test and that she would need to go have some further investigation. Jarda also mentioned that she had been diagnosed with the HPV virus, which is a very common virus that a lot of people now know about since they've changed the screening process. So I just thought it was fantastic that she was raising awareness for something that so many people don't talk about. And two days ago, she gave us a little bit of an update, saying she'd had a biopsy taken of her cervix and it did confirm that there were high grade abnormalities and she is going to have to book in to have a LEAP procedure, which is basically a procedure where they shave a little bit of affected cells and hope to remove the cells. Now that the new testing has been introduced, there are so many women that are getting back these results that they have HPV and that there are cell changes because the test is completely different to what it was like a while ago. Well, I think it's really great that she is normalizing it because so many women have had test results come back recently that say they have HPV because the testing has changed. So I think it's great. Well, to be completely honest, at the start of the year, I had a similar scare. I was caught up and told that I had low grade changes, and for me, it was really terrifying because it is such a new test that I didn't know whether it was normal or who else had experienced it. I mean, I have heard that Sarah's Day had gone through something similar, and you do feel less alone when you hear that someone in the public eye has it and they are sharing their experience with you. I mean, I am lucky that mine are low grade at the moment. I do have to go back in a year and see if there have been more changes, which I'm obviously hoping not. Well. Like Sophie, I have been detected for having some very low grade changes as well, and I do have to go back and have perhaps mere now once every year to ensure that those changes are monitored. And it's quite a normal thing, but I feel like, as Sophie said, because it is a new test, people don't know. So when you get that call, I freaked out. I burst into tears because I didn't quite understand it, and in that moment, you don't take in everything the doctor is saying. And no, I just think it is so, as you said, so important that people get tested because to be completely transparent, I had put mine off for five years, which was a really stupid thing to do because you never know when these changes are going to occur. And it does give me some peace of mind now that I'm going to have one every year for the next little while. And I think, because we know cervical cancer is quite preventive if you do the right thing and get tested, obviously not in all circumstances, but you give yourself the best shot of picking something up sooner if you keep up to date with your tests. Just lastly, I feel like we have to touch on this one. People are annoyed yet again at Sophie Keshia. Yesterday she was caught out by instagram page Spellcheck for flouting Melbourne's restrictions again. Now she shared an instant story of herself watching the Melbourne Vixen's victory, and slev Spellcheck did some incredible investigation. They noticed that in the television screen there were two people sitting on her couch who should not have been there, and she didn't also make it half obvious by the fact that she served up an enormous platter full of food for apparently herself and her children. This is just so frustrating. I'm just so sick of her thinking she is above the rules. And surprisingly she's since deleted the Instagram story. It's just so arrogant, like what needs to be done for her to get it through her head that she's not more important than everyone else? Scary, ben new, isn't it.
Speaker 3: That's the way the kids will threaten to beat you up and call your names like Briefcase Wanka.
Speaker 1: It's not been like that.
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't for me either.
Speaker 1: The privilege of the AFL continues, with special allowances made to ensure the Brownload Metal went ahead on Sunday night. What you guys think about this? Because I was appalled. Are we really surprised? I mean the AFL have been able to get away doing whatever they want this year because it seems that money talks in this in this country, and the AFL seems to be above everybody. Done. A boys club talks as well. The AFL players they've been granted special privileges all year long. Yeah, and then they seem to think, oh, they've sacrificed a lot. Well, they've got to continue playing the game that they've wanted to play when so many other people are out of jobs, when so many other people haven't even seen their family for months on end. Well, and I know we've seen special privileges in relation to them being allowed to, you know, do what they want in Queensland, but I was quite shocked the AFL allowed Victorian teams to come back to Melbourne and hold celebrations in a venue in Melbourne. Really what And this is before any changes to the lockdown, or despite the changes, this still isn't allowed in the current lockdown. Well, it makes me really concerned about what is going to happen when the Grand Final happens next week. They're going to be secret Grand Final parties that are happening. Are they going to be you know, people parading through the streets? Who knows what is going to go on? Just to clarify, Melbourne players were at Channel seven studios in Melbourne and there were other teams celebrating in different locations around the country. Now, they were at socially distanced functions, so basically they were set up in a way where people were Supposedly the couples were one point five meters apart from other couples. Yeah, I just think it's all for show. I mean, I doubt they were keeping their distance once the cameras stopped rolling and they had a few drinks into them. What pisces me off though, is literally every Christmas event has been canceled, Like you can't go to carols by candlelight they're all you know, all the local Christmas events have been canceled. But oh we can go sit in a football stadium and watch the game, and the AFL players can do whatever they want and socialize and dream can It's ridiculous. As much as I'm cut about Christmas celebrations being canceled, I would be beside myself if I had had a family member pass away during COVID and they were only allowed to have ten people or twenty people at their funeral, and then this shit's going on. Yeah, it's ridiculous. What did you guys think about the whole red carpet situation, because obviously there wasn't a red carpet in the traditional sense, but the wags very much did show off their clothing. Did you see it as maybe a distraction for everyone in Melbourne, you know, a nice thing to look at the fashion out there because everyone's been stuck inside in their lounge where or did you see it as quite tone deaf? I gotta say I thought it was tone deaf people showing off their wealth and wearing expensive fancy dresses to an event when Melbourne has been in lockdown for so long. Now. Oh look, I'm in two minds because you know we're ragging on the AFL, But I can see the positives of having the AFL season go ahead because it does bring a lot of joy to a lot of people who are stuck at home. People love watching the football. So you're saying that you think people would like the dresses. Oh yeah, so I'm saying the same thing goes I suppose with the brown Let's be honest, most people watch it to see what the wives and the girlfriends are wearing. That being said, they were told by the AFL that it wasn't essential to stick to the black tie dress code. In saying that, as we touched them before with Sarah promoting the Bridal Bridal boutique, is it good for some of the wags to be promoting some of these designers who were probably struggling as well. Look, there's positive and negatives. I mean, I'm just putting myself in the shoes of people that are in the lockdown at the moment, and it would piss me off if I saw these wags showing off the beautiful dresses they were wearing in the events, nicking well, why are you above me?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I get that about the fact that they're at an event that they probably shouldn't be at, but I also think, well, what are they meant to wear to this were they meant to rock up in the tracking dat just off the topic of fashion. I was really frustrated because on the same day of the brown Low, the Melbourne Vixens won the sun Corps Supernetbull Premiership. Now this is a massive story, well should be a massive story in Victoria, and it was relegated to a one page article in the Herald Sun. The Brownlow took up the front page and the back page. Yeah exactly, So there's a little insert of the fact that, yeah, the Vixens had won about you know, very small, and then the full page photo on the front and back page was of Lucky Neil winning the Brownlow. This pissed me off because not only did they not really get much coverage on the front or the back page, you know, the one article inside, but the AFL had a total of eleven pages of content in the newspaper. So there were five pages about Brownlow fashion, a double page spread about the night, and then four pages about the AFL Grand Final. Now, if the Richmond Tigers had won the Grand Final, I'm sure they would have not had one page written about them. Do you think this is a sort of a political thing whereas the AFL are saying to the paper, look, if you want to cover the AFL Grand Final, you have to print about the brownlow and all of that kind of thing. Or do you think it's the fact that most people care more about the football than they do about the net Well, I think they would perceive that most people care. But I mean, you've got to look at the huge number of women who want to be seeing more female sports publicized in the paper. I don't get why they couldn't, you know, have the brown way on the front of the paper and the netball on the back, like not have what do you need both? Well, the thing that annoys me is if it was the rich men women's football team that had won, they probably would have put it on the back page. And that was my point about the AFL. The AFL seemed to have a monopoly on the newspaper and they seem to, you know, advantage different media who cover all of their various men's and women's events. You know, working in the media, we are aware that the AFL tell journalists that if you don't promote the women's AFL then we will not give you access to the men. So it makes it incredibly tough for other female sports because at the moment there is a quota where really journalists will only put in one female based sports story. I used to work as a communication manager for the Adelaide Thunderbirds and it was so difficult to get coverage about their sport in the paper. So I'm really shocked though, because I would have thought winning a Grand Final might give you some good coverage. I think what also caps off this quite vulgar display from the AFL is the fact that they cry poor, yet then have the money to dig up the dirt from the MCG, put it in a truck where the grass the grass, the dirt on the grass from the MCG, put it in a refrigerated truck and drive it all the way to Queensland. I actually thought the fuck. I actually thought this was a joke, Like, what the hell Are they that pick headed that they think the MCG turf is so sacred that it needs to be flown or driven to Queensland? What the hell? It's the most absurd thing I think I've ever heard. Well, one takeaway point is the AFL season will be over next week, but I'm just guessing there's going to be a bit of uproar over everyone's Mad Monday celebration. That's that's what will be. Apparently it's been canceled, but we'll wait. Well, I am intrigued to see that now the season is over. Where the Hannah Orville who dates a North Melbourne player, whether she will finally return home or wish whether she will stay in Queensland living it up with her brother. I would put a bet on the fact that she'll be staying there with her mother, Sharon, who is now a Queensland resident. Well, that's probably all we have time for. Thank you so much for joining us for today's episode. If you have enjoyed it, it'd be amazing if you could share where you're listening from on your Instagram and tag us out Outspoken, Underscore the Underscored podcast. And if you did enjoy this episode, we'd love if you get help us out and leave us a review on the Apple Podcast Charts. So many of you message in saying you love the podcast, so if you do want to help, go and leave us a review and join us in our podcast community on Facebook. It's Outspoken the podcast community, and share your stories about your arguments with your brother and Sister, I can't wait to read them.