Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're on for a fresh week, lady.
Speaker 1: Hellaa, how's everyone's weekend?
Speaker 2: We're good in campus whare house today, great savings every day. My weekend was boring because I was waiting for today. It's Succession Monday.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 2: I'm a business bro. I'm so excited. The second last episode ever of Succession came out of eleven. Are you guys not on the Succession train?
Speaker 4: I have never watched a single episode.
Speaker 1: I am very very early on. I mean like four episode season one.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's fantastic. I don't understand a word they're saying or what they're talking.
Speaker 4: About, So I'm not there yet.
Speaker 1: Everyone raves about it, but I haven't hit that peek where I'm sucked in yet. I'm still on that surface, teetering on the surface.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, there's so much googling done after an episode. I've got google. What is a dividend? What is a company? What's an ABN?
Speaker 3: You were speaking in another language to me, because I'm going to google what the hell is Succession?
Speaker 4: I've not seen it. I've not even heard of it.
Speaker 2: Well, why haven't you seen it?
Speaker 3: Because I've done nothing except seeing a dance floor and I'm gonna leave here and go and do more dancing.
Speaker 4: I'm very tired.
Speaker 2: You're I'm dancing with the stars. That's context. You're not just suddenly decided to dance. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I'm on Dancing with the Stars and it's making me a cranky old lady because I never knew that dancing could make me so angry.
Speaker 2: But it is, Well, you're talking about that on the show today, something that people are talking about.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, there seems to be one big question that gets asked every time you do an interview, every time there's any sort of pr surrounding the show, and it is about the sexual chemistry with your partner. There's a lot of speculation and I have a few feelings about.
Speaker 2: It what you and your partner are doing more than dancing.
Speaker 1: Horizontal dance of love, not the sumber Mumber number five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look, we'll talk about it or it's definitely not happening.
Speaker 2: It's on the way right around the country. It is a pick up for your Monday. We're back. Welcome. It's the pick up back around the country for your Monday. Britt Law and Mitch here right now, get half priced big brand vitamins and cosmetics chemist warehouse terms and conditions apply.
Speaker 1: Look, guys, I'm sure you've seen by now, because this is definitely some news that has stopped the nation in the last six days, and that is of ninety five year old Claire Nowland who was tasered in a nursing home. Yeah, I know, you guys have seen this. The story goes that Claire, she uses a walking frame, she has early stages of dementia. Now, last week she was found with a steak knife, so you know, in the nursing home. But she had a steate knife. Now, this is obviously a part of the dementia, the early stages of dementia. What then proceeded to happen was officers were called and one of the police officers, a man that has been in serving as a policeman for twelve years, very experienced, tased her. Ninety five ye old woman with a walking frame. She did have the steak knife, but she was in a walking frame, so she's not going anywhere. I imagine at ninety five you're also quite frail.
Speaker 2: It was four am as well as four am.
Speaker 1: He's tasted her and she's now because of that. As a result. In end of life care, so her her body obviously couldn't take that, because I imagine there wasn't much left at ninety five anyway, and she's now at the end stages of her life as a result of this tasering. This is truly horrific treatment of a ninety five year old woman.
Speaker 3: I don't think that there is a single person who saw this article come out or saw this story and didn't think, what the hell is going on? Like, how on earth does how on earth did the police even get called to an age care facility in the middle of the night for this sort of thing? How are they not more workers in the nursing home? How have they not been more equipped to deal with a situation where maybe a ninety five year old woman becomes disorientated, disgruntled, maybe a bit aggressive, But I think on the scheme of things, how aggressive can someone who's ninety five on a zimmer frame get.
Speaker 2: A Greek completely? And but why was their pepper spray not pulled first, or why didn't they just get a blanket and wrap it around it, like they could have pulled a duner off and given her a bear hug and taken her to the ground.
Speaker 4: Yea Surely the.
Speaker 1: Next step is definitely not to go straight to a taser.
Speaker 4: Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: But one thing I want to say is I've worked in a hospital for thirteen years in an emergency department. That's what I have done before this life.
Speaker 4: I have come.
Speaker 1: Across a lot of patients with dementia. One thing I will say is they are not themselves. They can find extraordinary amounts of strength. They can not always this is just sometimes sometimes sometimes they're really peaceful and soft and gentle and lovely, but they can get this otherworldly strength. A lot of the time they're fearing for their life. But what I want to add to this conversation is she's ninety five and she weighed forty three kilo.
Speaker 2: Group.
Speaker 1: If I'm sorry for policeman, a man who has been in the force for twelve years cannot control a ninety five year old woman that weighs forty three that's a blanket wet. There is a serious problem. It is unfathomable to me.
Speaker 3: And I know that there's so many people who have grind parents or parents who are currently in age care facility.
Speaker 4: I have my grandmother.
Speaker 3: She's in a nursing home and she has dementia, And so when I read this, I was like, you put your family members into care because you need them to be cared for. You expect them to be protected, You expect that the staff they're going to have enough staff on who were qualified enough, who are capable enough to deal with their unique needs. And when somebody has a disability or they have dementia, they have needs and they can't we know they can get aggressive. Why weren't there more staff working? Why was this not mediated before police needed to be called? And even when police were called, why were those police not trained on how to deal with people with disabilities. It's unbelievably disgusting, and I think that that right now, there's been talk about the body care that the police officer was wearing, how they're not going to release the footage.
Speaker 2: I do I want to see that. I don't think anyone wants to see that, but I imagine the family who are grieving the potential and inevitable loss.
Speaker 4: No one wants to see it, But where's the accountability.
Speaker 3: The thing is is, without knowing exactly what happened, without that being at least public, it means that the investigation's done privately and how do we know that there is going to be justice for that woman who's Yes, she's ninety five, but her life was cut short and that is not a way for anyone's grandmother or mother to be treated.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: I think an interesting perspective on this is that she potentially possibly is the oldest person in the history of the world to ever have been tasered. A ninety five year old being tasted.
Speaker 4: Well, that's what her priest said.
Speaker 1: Her priest's father, Mark Croker or Croker Sorry, I'm not sure, but he visited her and he said she's not conscious, but she does look comfortable and peaceful at the moment. But he said, she's got to be the oldest person in the world to have been tasered like this is out of control.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it started a bigger discussion too on aged care facilities in this country, the treatment of aged Australians, and it's a discussion that needs attention. I think it's good it's bringing light to this issue.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is a mother of eight children, a grandmother of twenty four children, and now she's in hospital with crackskull.
Speaker 4: It's just revolting.
Speaker 2: All right. We're back after this on the Pickup. It's the Pickup Monday afternoon with Brit Laura and Mitch. Here I head into chemist warehouse today. Are great savings every day.
Speaker 3: Okay, now, I know I've been speaking about it a lot, but it's because it's taking over my entire life at the minute.
Speaker 4: Dancing with the stars.
Speaker 2: Oh is rehearsing day in, day out. Your ankles are sore from the sumber.
Speaker 3: No, it's my hip flexes are really sore. I'm not doing the sumber, but you know, my hip flexes are sort purely from dancing. I would like to make that very clear because something the Kid's coming up in every interview I've done, in every conversation. Mostly it's when you're doing the media, the publicity rounds. It's the big conversation between what's the chemistry like with you and your partner. There seems to be this expectation, or there's this subtle innuendo that everybody, all the celebrities, must be getting it on with their dance partners, or that there must be some sexual chemistry there.
Speaker 1: Chemistry is very important in a performance and in dancing because it's it's acting of sorts. So do you think they're just trying to be like surface level and inquire about the partners, and.
Speaker 3: You do get very very close and you are kind of like rubbing your body parts on each other.
Speaker 2: Also, there have been affairs in the past. There's been so many dancing affairs.
Speaker 1: These are actually wanted questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the rumors have been started by Britain. I I believe it's happening.
Speaker 3: You mixed jury, No, okay, this is what I've heard that there have been quite a few celebrities in the past who have hooked up with their dancing partners. We saw it last year the controversy that happened with Grant Dania and Lily. There was news articles that came out trying to insinuate that he was having an affair with Lily, And obviously we know Grant Dania is beautifully married to his gorgeous wife and he ended up winning a defamation case against it. But even myself, there have been so many questions that have come up from when I'm getting interviewed about the show and doing the publicity rounds around what's my chemistry like with Danielle And was Matt jealous or does he have anything to be jealous?
Speaker 4: Of my partner. I mean, bless him.
Speaker 3: He's probably gonna hate that I say it, but like, there's nothing I have more sexual chemistry for like a way with me.
Speaker 4: I have more sexual chemistry with you, Mitch.
Speaker 3: He's very militant with me, so he's quite bossy, and I don't like it in like a bossy sexy way. But he's very like, you know, tells me what to do. We have such little sexual chemistry and we have to do this one dance, which is the storyline, is like us being in love and then we've broken up. Now we're coming back together. It's meant to be quite emotional and beautiful. I can't even pretend because I start laughing.
Speaker 1: He could also be a child.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's sixteen years younger than me. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Stranger things have happened. So when Matt did Dancing with the Stars and he was in the semifinals, were you jealous of his female dancing partner?
Speaker 3: So when Matt did Dancing with the Stars, I was only three or four weeks postpartum, like I'd just given birth to Lola, So I was feeling pretty shitty about myself at the time. And he was gone for eight hours a day rubbing himself up against a beautiful Her name is Ruby, Oh and I love her to death.
Speaker 4: She's just the most gorgeous thing. But yeah, there was a part of me that was like, oh God, look at me.
Speaker 3: Every time I cough, I wean myself and he's out there on the dance floor with this tiny, tight little thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a part against me rub me.
Speaker 4: He doesn't want to rub me. I'm wearing a diaper. It was awful.
Speaker 2: So no affair because Britt and I have been texting and we thought maybe there was one.
Speaker 4: You did know we did. We actually put bets on Laura having a fair, not Laura win. We know the answer to Laura win. You're not going to get your money on that one. No, that's why we put it on.
Speaker 2: You're not going to win money the other one.
Speaker 4: You're not going to win money on the affair either.
Speaker 3: I want to put it to rest in case any any articles come out, in case anyone wants to try and insinuate anything.
Speaker 1: Zero sextual witness chemistry. I've witnessed to the dancing Ken Ken firm. There is no.
Speaker 2: Sexual Okay, all right, there you go take that. Australia no chemistry at all, none. Zero. The score is zero.
Speaker 3: For sexual chemistry, the score is zero, which I don't think is going to bode very well for us when it actually comes to performing.
Speaker 4: You guys dance well, but clearly you don't like each other.
Speaker 2: We do.
Speaker 4: He's lovely. I like you. We get it.
Speaker 2: You're not a brother.
Speaker 4: Fair, you're not having a fair.
Speaker 2: We got it. We got to stop talking about it.
Speaker 3: We're on thing.
Speaker 4: He's like my brother.
Speaker 2: I actually believe, Brittany. I know you're in a loving relationship now, but I believe I found your soulmate outside of your relationship and your partner. And I'm going to tell you exactly the name of your soulmate.
Speaker 3: It's also danil My Dan's partner, and he's not going to be happy if you have gone an outsource to soulmate for me.
Speaker 2: I found your next partner. I'll tell you what it is next. I'm the pickup. It is the pickup Monday afternoon, Laura Mitch here, at least in Chemists ware House. You got a head in today right now, get half priced big brand vitamins and cosmetics at Chemists Warehouse. Terms and conditions apply now. Britney Hartley a beloved. We know you're in a happy, loving, long distance relationship with the superstar model slash soccer player, the model now too.
Speaker 4: He is a handsome man. He's very good looking, he's very tall, he.
Speaker 2: Lives overseas, he's in Scotland. It's long distance, but God, you're making it work.
Speaker 4: I am smitten.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know where this is going, but it's creepy. Soon too, he's coming for holiday two weeks.
Speaker 2: Maybe he can come to a show with maybe, well maybe not, because would you con see him your soulmate or on your way to being your soul mate?
Speaker 1: I would say, yeah, he's my person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, interesting because I've done some digging, Laura. A new study out of the US has come out and revealed that fifty three percent of pet owners believe their pet is in fact their soulmate. Which makes me believe, Brittany Hockley, that Ben is in fact not your soulmate, but your dog Delilah is your one true love.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're going between a rock and a hard place here. I love my beautiful boyfriend, Ben, Benjamin.
Speaker 4: He's the light of my life.
Speaker 2: Is that your couple named Benjamin? Name Ben? Human?
Speaker 1: Benuman, He's sweet Benjamin.
Speaker 4: That's his name.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, sorry, okay, sorry.
Speaker 4: God, I didn't it.
Speaker 1: We don't really know britt that wellfriend.
Speaker 2: Well, I know I.
Speaker 1: Name.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize he had a soft ye in the middle of his head. It's German.
Speaker 4: Love him very very much.
Speaker 1: And until you've put presented this to me right now, I am very very.
Speaker 4: Obsessed with my dog, Delilah.
Speaker 1: I think she's also a soul mate. But Ben's a human, so like Ben is the love of my life?
Speaker 4: Yet is Ben more of so than your dog? Is that what we're saying now? I assume so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I don't marry Glilahs, you know I would say Ben's my soulmate.
Speaker 2: Isn't that interesting because the evidence proves otherwise. Brittany Hockley accosted previously here on the pickup. You said this live on the air when we had Ben joining us, sorry, yeah, joining us on the show.
Speaker 3: It's a very simple question.
Speaker 1: If the Lilah or me was drown then who would you say?
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, you really got to put it to the test payer.
Speaker 2: You chose the dog.
Speaker 4: So BRIT's gonna drown a boyfriend even though he's the soul mate. This is he was drowning on his own.
Speaker 1: I didn't drown him.
Speaker 2: So you're gonna kill bear?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: First people, what's true?
Speaker 2: One five people think that their pet would be their therapist if they could talk.
Speaker 3: That is.
Speaker 1: My pet, Delilah is my therapist, and she can't talk. My dog and I believe this. There are studies out of this.
Speaker 4: Dogs don't flip.
Speaker 2: A study on my study.
Speaker 1: But I'm going.
Speaker 4: To outstudy your study. I'll raise your study a study.
Speaker 1: Dogs can read emotions and they react to your emotions. If you're sad, if you're happy, they resonate with that.
Speaker 4: They give you what you need.
Speaker 1: If I am sad, my dog will be on top of me with her palls around my neck, hugging me.
Speaker 4: She'ld be like.
Speaker 3: She does that all the time. It doesn't matter if you're sad or not sad. She does it to everyone who walks in the house.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm just really sad time.
Speaker 3: Can I can I just say one thing all you guys are throwing around in this study. In this I haven't seen a single study you can say it about anything these days, there's been a study that, Yeah, my dog loves me it's a real study.
Speaker 2: This is true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to find where the studies.
Speaker 2: Now I've got the study. Fifty three percent believe their pet knows them better than anyone else in their life, including their best friends, family members, or even their significant others. And I'll land on these Ben lives in Scotland. He hasn't moved to your house. Where does Delilah live in your house with you? It's Delilah Delilah's.
Speaker 4: I have one thing to add here.
Speaker 3: Maybe since the last time we spoke to brit about choosing between Delilah and Ben, Ben was down on a lower rung.
Speaker 4: But now because a bit.
Speaker 2: Of time has passed changed.
Speaker 3: He's taken a higher precedence. Maybe Ben, she's moved up with the relationship. Now their soulmates.
Speaker 4: Can I not?
Speaker 1: Does it have my boyfriend as a soulmate and then Delilah becomes our equal soulmate and we're a throuple.
Speaker 2: Sorry with a dog and your boyfriend. You want to have a thropple with your dogs?
Speaker 1: Just a loving relationship, throuple, like emotionally connected.
Speaker 4: She's God, this is the.
Speaker 2: Worst thing you've ever brought to me. My goodness, a terrible therapist here First, BRIT's in a throuple with a dog and a Scotsman. What a what?
Speaker 4: I dislike you so much in this moment right now.
Speaker 2: Willam, What are you up next? They got a different kind of show, but we're back tomorrow. If you miss anything podcast at iHeartRadio search the pickup. We'll see you tomorrow for Tuesday.
Speaker 4: You guys, Love you by