Speaker 1: Laura, come on.
Speaker 2: Show everybody.
Speaker 3: Hello everyone, Happy Thursday, Mitch, Laura.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I am when we say we are we are? I am an idiot. I can you see this? Okay, I did to myself. You go, it's new mac got freaky. It's not a Hickey. It's I burnt myself with the steamer just before I came into work today because I was trying to steam my jumper whilst I was still wearing my jumper.
Speaker 5: Double hickey. No, what's two little dots? That's where the steamer nozzle is, Guys, I burn.
Speaker 4: I burnt kind of on the side of my boob and under my armpit with a steamer.
Speaker 3: Like the main rule of steaming is you don't do it on your body. It's boiling hot.
Speaker 4: Li has a sign on the front of the steamer that says do not steam clothes while wearing them, and I was like, I'll just do it quick. I'll get it done real fast, and to be fair, I got through ninety percent of it, but then when I got near.
Speaker 5: The underround part, it didn't work out for me.
Speaker 6: Anyway.
Speaker 7: I think this show has been terrible for your public brand or you ever talked about his burning self dropping things for getting children.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm I haven't forgotten my children yet.
Speaker 4: I mean, but there's always time, always time. Anyway, No, look, I'm yeah, I'm an accident waiting to happen.
Speaker 5: Put it that way.
Speaker 7: Well, you know what if you heard that and you thought, God, I'll have some advice from Laura on my life falling apart. It's Thursday. It's perfect timing because we're doing an ask gun cut coming up.
Speaker 4: Well, I think when you've lived the life that I've lived, even if you don't have any qualifications, you can give some you can give some advice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I about the experience. Going to talk about cheating too. We've got a big show today.
Speaker 2: It is Laura's going to put some burnead on a boot.
Speaker 5: I've experienced that as well. Anyway, let's get into the show around the country.
Speaker 2: This is the pickup. It is Thursday time.
Speaker 8: For this ask Umcat.
Speaker 2: We have a pick up.
Speaker 7: A listener standing by to get some premium quality a advice from the three of us, as you girls do on your hit success podcast Life un Cut.
Speaker 2: Every week, we do it here on the radio.
Speaker 7: You can also text us if you've got a question for nine nine four four, one oh six five everyone. I think if you go on your social media feed, girls, do you have friends in Europe?
Speaker 2: At the moment Europe somemech.
Speaker 5: It just about to say, girls, do you have any friends?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Yeah, my sister's over and doing the whole Europe thing right now, and then whenever BRIT's not here, I say Europe. So I know what it's like watching on and seeing all my friends over there. Yeah, averrel spirits.
Speaker 7: It's tough to watch. Image's got to travel related question right, image? Hi welcome? What's going on?
Speaker 5: Hi? H?
Speaker 9: I also want to get hello. I also want to get to Europe for summer next year. And I'm really struggling to save money. All my friends they've got hen parties and birthdays and presents, and everyone wants me to go in on everything, and I'm really struggling to say no. And I would love your advice on I guess how to turn them down or save money.
Speaker 4: It's okay, So things like Hen's parties, I think they can get out of control so quickly, especially if you're a bridesmaid or you've been asked to do more for the wedding. That just racks up so quickly we need to normalize being okay with.
Speaker 5: Saying no to being in that role. Well, I think we just need to remember no is a complete sentence. But one thing, I'm just saying no.
Speaker 2: You got to get god no.
Speaker 5: In all honesty.
Speaker 3: One thing I want to say, And it's a conversation we've been having, Like on the podcast, we actually just spoke with this amazing financial advisor from America leader in the world, name's Tory Dunlap. But we sort of spoke about the fact that there's always a shame around when we feel like we need to say no to someone because we're saving money, Like there's almost a shame around, like, oh, I can't.
Speaker 5: Afford that this week. But I think we need to take the shame away.
Speaker 3: I think it's empowering and amazing for you to be able to say, hey, I'm a bit tired at the moment because I got some really big things coming up that I'm working towards. So unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it, but let me know if we can catch up later. Like, I think it's okay to say that catch up on a platform and in a way that suits you financially and your time frame.
Speaker 4: I also think on that brite, I totally agree with you, But I also think we need to get more comfortable with talking about it earlier on, because the more that you sort of say to your friends, oh, I'm budgeting at the moment, or I'm having to, you know, kind of cut back on my spending, it's also not going to then come as a surprise to them when you say, hey, actually, I'm not going to be able to make that event or I'm not going to be able to do that thing, And they're not going to think you're being a tight us because you've already told them, You've already made them aware that you're in a phase of life where budgeting is really important but.
Speaker 5: Also cost of living a crisis. It's not even a phase, it's it's everyone.
Speaker 3: Everyone should be able to understand that, like purse strings are being tightened, whether we like it or not. And everyone has different priorities, Like their priority might be the destination hens party, but your priority right now is your trip next year to Europe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Nick and Osh, if she comes, you send us picks.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, good luck and enjoy Europe.
Speaker 7: If you want to get in touch with this, you can textas like I said on four nine nine four one six five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and look coming up, I've got a little bit of a spicy.
Speaker 5: One for you.
Speaker 4: We're talking about cheat now. It's something that no one ever wants to experience. You definitely don't want to be on the other side of cheating, but it's something that I think so many people have been in this situation. And there is one woman who found out that her partner was cheating on her and you will not believe how this unfolded.
Speaker 2: All right, that's on the way here on the pickup.
Speaker 4: You know, the one thing in relationships that I think everybody has a very strong and negative opinion on y sharing food or not. Well, I mean maybe in your relationship room. But now I was going to say cheating. There's a TikToker who has gone viral. Her name is Laypenny, and she's gone viral for sharing how she found out that her boyfriend at the time was cheating on her. So have a listened to this.
Speaker 6: Okay, I've been talking to me for the past who then she just walk them in his baby mother, his baby mother, his baby mother. That's a bounce fift birth okay, wow. Wow, he comes in here as soon as he sees me, has face strapped.
Speaker 2: I'm confused.
Speaker 6: I'm quickly enlightned because the mother is behind them with the belly before her. Wow.
Speaker 5: So she is a nurse and she's at the hospital that day.
Speaker 4: She's been texting her boyfriend. They've been texting throughout the day everything.
Speaker 5: The guy she's been talking to, Yeah, the guy. She's been seeing him for a while.
Speaker 4: Maybe not boyfriend, but you know, they're definitely an item, and they've been sleeping together. Anyway, she's at work, she's on a shift at the hospital, and in work walks her boyfriend and she thinks.
Speaker 5: Oh, he's come to visit me. He's come to surprise me on my late night shift.
Speaker 4: But no, he walks into the hospital and behind him is his wife or girlfriend or whoever it is. And she is heavily pregnant. And that's how this poor woman found out that her partner was cheating.
Speaker 2: She approached and say, hey, I am here to deliver your baby.
Speaker 5: No, do you know what?
Speaker 4: And I loved this about this TikTok because I think if you ever put in a situation where you find out you're being cheated on, Like the you have that kind of question as to whether you're going to confront them, you're going to confront the other person. Yeah, as a nurse, she realized the amount of distress that that would have caused that woman who was just about to go in and have a baby, and she was like, I hate him, He's an absolute jerk, But I don't want to do that to another woman in this moment. And maybe she will find out. I mean, finding out shortly after you've had a baby is also still horrific. But I don't think anyone wants to have that news as you're walking in to have a baby, walking into no titeous.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like that says a lot about the person. If she was to go and tell that pregnant woman in that moment when she's giving birth, I think that says a lot about her anyway. Like, I think there's not many people that would be in that situation that would go and ruin her, like she's in labor and she's pushing it, like you just wouldn't do it in that way.
Speaker 2: Not her fault.
Speaker 7: That's the persons to be spoken to is the guy, And like pregnancy such an intimate moment, a special moment for that woman. She can find out at a later date.
Speaker 4: But it does make you sort of raise the question around the interesting ways that people have found out how their partners were cheating on them. So when I was when I was in my twenties and my real long term boyfriend who I was, I mean, I genuinely thought we were going to get married, like I was so obsessed with him.
Speaker 5: Many toxic things happened in that relationship.
Speaker 4: But I came to work this one day and one of my staff from Tony May, she was like, look, I don't know how to bring this up with you. I'm scared you're going to fire me for being the messenger. In the middle of this, She's like, but I need to tell you my girlfriend matched with your boyfriend on Tinder and they went on a date. And I only know this because she showed me the guy that she'd been on a couple of dates with, and then I realized it's your boyfriend.
Speaker 5: Could you imagine?
Speaker 2: It's awful? But I would have loved to have how old were you at that point?
Speaker 5: It was twenty eight.
Speaker 2: I would have loved to have met twenty eight year old Laura, how does that happen to you?
Speaker 5: I was devastated. I thought my life was going to end.
Speaker 6: Laura.
Speaker 3: There were a lot of signs in Laura's relationship, but that I think at the time you chose to or like the woman who.
Speaker 4: I found a pair of undies that were not mine in his bed and he managed to explain away to me that they weren't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the signs meet him? What would he have said? How did he explain that away?
Speaker 4: There was actually something else that happened, like the next day I found message. I didn't want to confront him because I knew he would lie about it again or say she was making it up. So I am not proud of this, But I ended up going through his phone and as I was in his phone, I got a notification which was just a number, and it said do you want to remove this number from spam? And I was like, what spam? And then I found the spam folder and it was filled. You're really deep in that phone, no, I was.
Speaker 5: It was filled with messages from girls that he'd been cheating on.
Speaker 2: Listen, how did you catch the cheater? How did you find out? What's that your cause?
Speaker 1: Next?
Speaker 2: On the pickup. They're just talking about a TikTok that we've seen.
Speaker 4: We're talking about down and dirty cheating is what we're talking about.
Speaker 7: Oh God, imagine being a nurse working the night shift, about to deliver a baby, and then in walks a woman and she's with her partner.
Speaker 2: But that partner is your partner.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but she's also pregnant.
Speaker 2: She's also pregnant. You're not cheating.
Speaker 5: Stressful, Like, of all the ways.
Speaker 4: That you could find out that your partner's cheating on you, some of them were worse than others.
Speaker 5: But at the end of the day, cheating is very, very bad.
Speaker 2: Georgia, Hey, how did you catch the cheaterh Ah.
Speaker 8: It's a few years ago now. I can't remember how I stumbled across it. But I was on the computer at home and i came across a folder called golf and I'm like, that's weird. My husband doesn't And inside was a whole heap of pawn And when I looked at it, there's no spaces, there was no you couldn't see who it was. And I'm like, well, that looks like he's wedding ring. That's a bit strange. And then I saw a tattoo on the tummy of the girl, and I went, oh, okay, and I saw another one and it was just the girl, same tattoo, saw the face and went, hold on a minute, I know you. And it was someone he worked with, and they was like the different videos of the two of them. Oh bloody, what happened? What happened? Oh, you know, denial, it's not what you're see.
Speaker 2: That's how golf works. What about Sarah? Hey, how did you catch the cheetah?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 10: I was in a long distant relationship with my away from at the time, and we're on FaceTime chatting and then all of a sudden, like the phone just fell on the floor and I was like, oh, hello, like hey, you're still there whatever no answer. I was like okay, whatever, like the reception must have just died or whatever. So I hung up, and then like a couple hours went past, and I was like, this is so weird. So I decided to check his location, which I think he forgot, but I had his location, so icho it's girlfriend, you know. And then he replied like three four hours later and was like, oh, I'm so sorry, Like I tripped and fell and hit my head and I got knocked out.
Speaker 5: What an idiot?
Speaker 9: Why?
Speaker 10: So then I was like, well, no, I think you know that's not right because your car was moving like you were left the house.
Speaker 5: But what a weird wouldn't why Like I was unconscious. Okay, we'll go to the hospital then, but how did you actually catch the cheating?
Speaker 4: Just because he's in a car driving doesn't mean he's boned and someone else.
Speaker 10: Because I like questioned him about it and I made him feel really bad confessed do lie.
Speaker 4: The thing about this, though, is that it's so devastating at the time, Like there is nothing more emotionally ruining than finding out you're being cheated on. But then it always in retrospect years later, once you've done a bit of healing, you always find it funny, always like, what an idiot?
Speaker 5: That guy's a loser?
Speaker 7: Hey, joining us next a show intervention, not on brit not on Laura. On the fourth member of the pickup team is that I'm not going to say it, However.
Speaker 5: An extension, if.
Speaker 4: I love that you think she's like the fourth member of the pick up I think she's your child. She's legitimately your child, which we treat her in the same esteem as we do my children. She eats probably better on My kids are eating burgers and yours eating air fried saltmon.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we've got an intervention. We need to talk to Lilah because big moves happening this week in her life. We'll get you up to speed with this next on the show stand By. Unfortunately, we have some some interesting updates in the world of BRIT's dog, Delilah. You're a beautiful Australian shepherd. She's beautiful to look at, but to spend time with horrific.
Speaker 5: She's not. You love her and she loves you, and if she heard you say that, Mitch, she she'd be so hurt. She is a beautiful dog.
Speaker 4: And I like and Delilah to imagine like that person that you went to school with, where they are so hot that they didn't have to work on their personality.
Speaker 5: That's what I mean.
Speaker 4: That sounds me to she's so hot she can get away with anything. But I would love to get to the bottom of like what's the actual problem, Like do we need to sedate her?
Speaker 5: Like what's the next step in this No.
Speaker 7: Because we heard on Tuesday on the show that you're having issues keeping a dog walker.
Speaker 3: So not issues keeping one. I have had two dog walkers that take turns for two years. They both dumped you, but in the last week they both said that, well one of them is sort of dumped done. So I think she's better suited, you know, with a different pack. And the other dog walker, Jody, put her on a one month probation.
Speaker 2: We've got Jody on the phone. Now she's joining us.
Speaker 5: We want to get to the roots, John, she moves away, Brett.
Speaker 7: We need to know what is going on with this dog, Jody, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hi, Hello, everybody by.
Speaker 5: It's okay, it's Delilah Bully.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm not gonna lie. She's she is a little baby, bit of a bully, but not all the time. Not all the time. She's got her times where she is a bit of a beach and then she's got her time where she's a bit of an angel.
Speaker 5: I think Deliah's got pretty privileged. That's what I think this is.
Speaker 1: She doesn't know, sorry, Brett, like I mean, she literally looks like you.
Speaker 2: That's so funny. She's an influencer dog.
Speaker 3: But Tody, you did give us a report card the other day because you've put her on like quite a loose. I would like to say loose one month probation, because after you told me she was on probation, I went home, and I'm embarrassed to admit this. I sat down with her and I spoke to her like she was a toddler. I was like, you are not going to have anyone that wants to walk you. You're not going to have any other dog friends. I was like, you need to rain your behavior in and that I thought I was crazy if anyone saw me doing that.
Speaker 5: How was she the next day?
Speaker 1: She was absolutely fun until I picked up my first dog. Delana's got a thing where she is incredibly territorial. She thinks that any human that's worth her is hers. She's got about eighty seven mothers, and so when she's worth me, she thinks she is absolutely in charge of all the dogs and my car. So she wasn't the greatest student. When I picked up a few dogs. She has to be in the front with me, and yeah, she just basically like, if I'm not really holding her back, I think she may jump over and like tell them what's what. But because I am prepared for it, I don't allow it to happen.
Speaker 3: Do you know what Jodie I actually had after we spoke about it the other day, I had so many people right out that are the parents of Australian shepherds, and they all said the same thing. They were like, it's not you, it's an Aussie trait where they have this like weird obsession with the humans.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, they are so loyal and so protective, and because they're really really affectionate as well, that mix of sort of protection but also lovingless they lovingness. They get so confused and I just think it ultimately comes down to protection and loyalty. She doesn't get that she can share. She's just not a good share act, not a.
Speaker 7: Good share well, like a mum, Jody. While we have you the question that the whole country wants to.
Speaker 5: Know, everyone's on the edge of their set.
Speaker 7: Actually me, are you going to keep Delilah and put in the work to making her a reformed dog?
Speaker 2: Or are you firing Delilah right now?
Speaker 5: No pressure?
Speaker 2: Do I need to pay you more?
Speaker 1: Look a bit of column deep. But let's rehash this in a month and I'll give you an answer.
Speaker 5: So she's still on probation.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, report it's been one world.
Speaker 1: It's been one, but I still love her with all my heart. You know that. So let's chat in a few weeks and we'll go from there.
Speaker 2: Updates on that to car, let's go