Speaker 1: It's a Christian O'Connor show pod.
Speaker 2: Hey, good on, it's five minutes past six. Welcome to the Christian O'Connor Show, Wednesday morning. I hope you well, thanks for tuning. Good morning Jack, Good.
Speaker 3: Morning Christian and Patty, Good morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning Patty. Hey listen, guys, I don't want any of you worrying that the Royal Family aren't aware of what we're going through over here. Prince Charles has got a message for all of you.
Speaker 4: I know the Victorians, like all Lotustrilians, are tenacious and resilient, or indeed, as you might say in Australia, made of tough stuff.
Speaker 2: Who had a word in Charlie boys ear say listen over there, you put this in that little script and it will fly. They are walking down the street every day, high five in each other going made of tough stuff. Wow we I mean, it's right from the heart as well with Prince Charles list.
Speaker 4: I know the Victorians, like all Lotstrilians, are tenacious and resilient, or indeed, as you might say in Australia, made of tough stuff.
Speaker 5: What does the Royal family think that we're waiting for a message from them? As well, like, hey, we should really talk to the Australians. It's been a while.
Speaker 3: Now since their money.
Speaker 6: Jack.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what that's actually about.
Speaker 2: Is this, And when Mummy finally goes he's in charge, he gets the job right. By then, he'd be about nine thousand years old. I'm barely able to walk to even be a king. And of course he will be in charge of the Commonwealth. And what a few of the country has already start to say, we're not too sure if it's going to be here, We're not too sure. So obviously Charlie Boy's just making sure that he's got friends of Victoria by leaving us an eight second message.
Speaker 5: Don't forget the tough stuff thing. Yes one of you, Yeah, one of you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've been at too enough years. I don't hear that phrase too often. If he has said she'd be right right or up the guts, then I would have gone, actually, someone's up there, someone's given them the right phrase to say. This feels to me like it's just what's the point, Charlie Boy.
Speaker 4: I know the Victorians, like all Australians, are tenacious and resilient, or indeed, as you might say in Australia made of tough.
Speaker 2: Stuff, wonderful, blessed. Thank you very much, Prince Charles. You know, the other day we were talking about what passes for entertainment now as we're all in stage four. Yesterday I was put the bins out, okay, because it's Tuesday and this pin day. That means it's mind you all to put the bins out, and I'd like to get them out early. I don't want to be the guy that's the last in the street sort of looking up and down. So I was getting them out yesterday afternoon. Finally, finally I saw the big lorry come along to take away the skip. The person that lives opposite my house. They've had a skip out there for three weeks and it finally went to be picked up yesterday, and I found myself right, I thought, oh, I really want to watch this. It's a skip being picked up, because you know, I totally know. I went indoors because I didn't want to be that guy who stands around watching stuff, you know, because there's a bit odd, isn't it. So I went indoors. There's the benefit of having blinds or shut as you can hide behind them. I watched for ten minutes that skip. He attached the chains, then he got the little stabilizers, a little feet that come out signe to stabilize it.
Speaker 5: The little lorrie kind of braced picked it up. It swung for a bit and then he pressed another button and it moved it over.
Speaker 2: Then he pressed the release button. He took the chains off, he checked it all, then he drove off. That was a highlight of my day yesterday watching that skip being picked up.
Speaker 5: You know who does that now?
Speaker 2: Straight?
Speaker 5: A three year old boy named Harry.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: I have to look here a load of a photo of a load of CDs that your dad is trying to sell.
Speaker 5: Is this right? Yes? I told him he had a bunch of vinyl, gave that away for free, and now he's saying he's going to he's going to sell the CDs, I said, dad, everybody wants vinyl. Now nobody's buying CDs anymore.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's like stock, isn't it like gold? It's going through the roof all those albums your mum and dad have had that they gave away to like charity shops. Now they're worth a bomb now, especially because they're the original ones. They're not the reissues which are still really expensive. Now, so is this his CD collection?
Speaker 5: So this is what he's got. He's messaged the Family's said, hey, before I sell these. I think he thinks he's going to get a premium pass for it. Before I sell these? Does anybody want any of the CDs in this box? So you even got a CD player, wouldn't be out of plane.
Speaker 3: I don't know anymore I do, but that's no surprise.
Speaker 5: Well, I used to have thousands of CDs.
Speaker 2: I sold them all. I got rid of them years ago because everything suddenly went on to hard drive and suddenly they just looked clunky.
Speaker 5: But I'll tell you what, though, you know old man he's a proper music fan, then yeah, oh yeah, he's.
Speaker 2: Looking through this. So he's got like a couple of Stones CDs. He's got Sticky Fingers, Goat her Head Soup, a Ted Nugent album as well sticking in there. I also see he's got Lloyd Cole on the commotions. Brilliant, brilliant artists. I didn't know be across that. I'm taking the Green Day CDs I left over from when you left Home that was me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Green Day's May but yeah, Aerosmith, Cold Chisel, Black Sabbath, Rolling Stones.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing someone brought on this for Father's Day. He's got one of those classics, the essential Australian rock, because I don't think anyone she goes out and buys one of those of themselves unless you're going on a long road trip and you see them at the Servo years ago, the cramming something that. It's got chizelon and everything else. But that's a classic father this Father's Day.
Speaker 5: So it's got who Doo Guru's.
Speaker 2: In there, Kinky, which is a great album as well, the classic album which as well hughes for years. Eric Clapton Unplugged is MTV session of that as well. So what does he want for this? Is he into the Avid Brothers as well?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, there is some good stuff in there, but this is the thing everybody can either stream it now or people are going back to vinyl. Do you think this will make any money? I said he could maybe sell it for a dollar at a shop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think sadly, you know you're not going to get much money for this. So what does he think He's going to get like one hundred bucks or something.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but he's I mean, he's asked if we could put it out to tender on the show.
Speaker 2: I didn't wonder if there was an agenda here, Jack, nothing is just have a look at this photo. Here's some interesting albums my dad's into. So you know a couple of months ago you tried to sell that death trap of a uke.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's still for sales.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now your dad has kind of used the show as a kind of radio gum tree.
Speaker 5: He just thought there's music lovers who listened to this show. He's trying to sell music to the world.
Speaker 2: I'm just read in a record company to try and do that isn't going that well. You know, they've got Spotify people that's stripping it, streaming it for free.
Speaker 5: Now. I told him to expect nothing. But do you think we could What do you think is the asking price for a box like this? Maybe fifty CDs?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I reckon, there's fifty CDs here there, say Kadi Lang. He's a fan of Kadi Lang. I know in Ncy Old Late Night skin Flicks on SBS. He's got Katie Lang's just left out here as well. I think that's just harm the pricee that.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 2: Wow, we what do you think is fair? As an asking price? What is it with an auction? Is a reserve price they asked for?
Speaker 5: I reckon, we start a dollar? Yeah? Wow, we've just seen as well. He's got some deaf leopards stuck in there too, all.
Speaker 2: Right, So look high lights in this fifty odd CD collection. He's got, you know, all your classics there. There's a lot of classic rock and roll.
Speaker 5: There's Deep Purple, a couple of Rolling Stones albums.
Speaker 2: There's also some great Australian music as well, Chisel by Cold Chisel. There's a Mark Seymour solo album in there. It's not all rock and roll, though, don't Kadie Lang Yep. Kate Sobrano, The best of Kate.
Speaker 5: Sobrano, Get best Off? Okay, oh bother You? Original Broadway cast recording. I don't remember listening to that too much.
Speaker 2: That's how you're made to alright, the best of Arim as well, from when he's feeling a bit more downbeat. Oh dear stings down the bottom right where he belongs, right down the bottom. There's like a shame the wine bottom right is sting Is and some Puccini as well. Yeah, this is a very this is a very cultured collection. Alright, any offer, any offer, that's not what you do with like Christie's or so. But he's to have a reserve price. Will you say twenty five dollars?
Speaker 5: No, you aren't spinning twenty five dollars on CD anymore. You're a terrible salesman. Five dollars, five dollars dollars.
Speaker 3: No, fifty twenty five bucks.
Speaker 5: When I said he will get a dollar for all, I'm in a dollar for the box, not a dollar person.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. Let's open to the lines. Now, what are you prepared to offer for this fifty c D collection?
Speaker 1: Hello, good Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: And the second time in two months, we welcome back to the show. Jack's awesome dad, John Posts. Good morning John. I understand we disturbed you at work.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's okay, all right.
Speaker 2: But listen. First of all, I know you're a cultured man. Amazing CD collection. You've got some great stuff here. I've got all the Australian classics like Mark Seymour and Hunters and collectors. And then I see you've got Lloyd Cole in the Commotions, bit of Cadi Lang in there, crash Test dummies who thought that they had another song.
Speaker 7: In them, very good album.
Speaker 1: I really like that.
Speaker 2: Then I see you got then there's some Katy Perry which I like a bit of Katy Perry as well. You've got the Reservoir Dog soundtrack, which was a brilliant track. But then you get with some really great stuff like Dark Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd and James.
Speaker 7: What's the first one I ever bought? Was it a long time ago?
Speaker 2: Great album? Classic album? And I did run as you're into the Avid Brothers, who are a great band.
Speaker 1: Aren't they?
Speaker 7: They certainly are great.
Speaker 2: And then also you're a man of contrast. You've got some Puccini in here as well.
Speaker 7: John, I don't know where I picked that up.
Speaker 2: And then also you go from Puccini maybe in the early hours of the morning, then crank it up before we go to bed with a big old blast of the Broadway recording of old.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Sam, I don't play some of those very oftens.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's great.
Speaker 2: Now, John, how much did you have in your mind that you might get for this? Because Jack's brought this photo when of it he's using the show wants more for his own games to try and get you some money? Or is he going to charge you like a seller's fee? But how much do you think you want for this?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 7: Look, I was thinking, you know, when I tried to sell it across the jack's mate or pass him to sell.
Speaker 5: Okay, wait, sorry, when you send me the photo of it, I thought you were saying you can have this before I go and sell it. I didn't know I was meant to sell it to our friends.
Speaker 7: You could have it for free. But if you were going to pass it on.
Speaker 2: Like gangsters have, they have a fence down and past. Oh yeah, it's a drugging community.
Speaker 7: So I was looking at it about a dollar three CD YEA yeah, A whole lot had to go.
Speaker 2: And then obviously just chuck them in that crush tests.
Speaker 5: Well, there's seventy CDs, seventy plus CDs here accounted them during that song. So it's a it's a fair asking price.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's let's take some offers right now. Johnny's on the line. Johnny, good morning, good morning. Yeah, okay, So Johnny, what are you prepared to offer for the CDs. You've heard someone high it's in the low lights right, Well you.
Speaker 5: No, it's gone.
Speaker 9: Johnny got over Susan see news that I might just keep buying and baring.
Speaker 10: But well that sounds pretty good. Dollar. I'll offer thirty dollars and twenty five whatever you ahead of them.
Speaker 5: Thirty dollars, all right, good starting price?
Speaker 2: Yeah, John, you're happy with thirty? Is there a starting price?
Speaker 7: Well, he just said he was heavy with a dollar at each CD, so now I'm not happy with that.
Speaker 2: This guy's good your agel. Seriously, you've got your better deal here than whatever you're on right now. We didn't we didn't hear that, John, Did you know? That's what you get from listening to Oliver at midnight every night? And Katie, Johnny, you happy to go up from thirty or is that your final price?
Speaker 10: Go on, I give you, I'll give you forty.
Speaker 2: Whoa forty? Okay, let's take another offer. Now, let's go to Connor. Connor, good morning, good morning, guys.
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, we're high level auction here right now. A lot of big offers flying around from overseas, but up to forty dollars for the CDs? What are you prepared to go to?
Speaker 5: Connor?
Speaker 10: I'll go fifty and some advertising on my race car?
Speaker 2: So what was the bonus advertising on your race car?
Speaker 10: Yep?
Speaker 5: Yeah? What race car have you got?
Speaker 10: I've got several, but the one I'm doing at the moment's Formula Lead.
Speaker 5: But it's a favorite.
Speaker 2: So we were stunned by that. That's very kind of you. Yeah, I mean, do you actually mean like a but you know, racing cars if we could see on the TV?
Speaker 5: Or is it yeah hot wheels?
Speaker 10: No, No, a proper racing car.
Speaker 5: Awesome? All right?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: So what was your off for Connor?
Speaker 10: Fifty and some advertising?
Speaker 5: Fifty and some advertising that? What would you advertise on Connor's race car?
Speaker 7: H what would I advertise?
Speaker 2: Let's go to Fritz. Fritz is on the line, now, Fritz, how are we?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We're good, Fritz? What are you prepared to go to? Uh?
Speaker 1: Sixty?
Speaker 2: Sure about that? Sixty?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, definitely definitely. I'm a collector of old CDs as well. And yeah, this I'm there. I haven't got especially.
Speaker 2: It's called evolution if you if you haven't got it now, you don't need to worry about it. It's a Scientist movie that moved on from the crush test.
Speaker 5: Tommies, pretty good, Dad, what are your We've got another offer coming in now, Fritz stay there. We go to David.
Speaker 2: David's prepared to off the up the maximum offer at the moment. David, good morning, good morning. Yeah, I'm good. I hope you're well, David, in your safe, you're prepared to go higher? Then do you want this box of CDs?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's a it's a cut the long story, short out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll take two back seats.
Speaker 5: Seventy CDs in there. David.
Speaker 2: This is the way you can an auction. They don't go from one office is suddenly doubling it, you know, and this is in a movie.
Speaker 5: So you said one hundred and forty bucks.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't like auctions.
Speaker 9: So I just want to.
Speaker 5: Guys, well, I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: Honestly, don't do it, David. I know I shouldn't be doing that as the auctioneer. Todavid, serious, I reckon eighty tops. I can't believe we've actually done this. We're taking money off the listeners. But c connection, Hey, welcome to twenty twenty anything. Girls.
Speaker 5: We'll put you guys in touch of Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, David, thank you very much. You're the new owner all the CDs excellent, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Christian Christian I connell Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: That's a funny guy. He's always good value. Whenever he comes an air. He doesn't listen to the show, but first guarante him. I understand that. I respect that, but he's he's good fun your dad.
Speaker 5: If you want more stuff to sell on the show, I mean they're downsizing, going into a small home every week. They're trying to get rid of stuff.
Speaker 3: What is his by swapping sell?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Actually, you know what, I actually quite enjoyed being the auctioneer. I'm thinking that maybe once a week we will try and sell one thing from the listeners, just one thing, okay, and try and get you the best price because you can put it on gum tree and Facebook marketplace. But there's a lot of other stuff at the moment. By the way, I was trying to get some home gym equipment yesterday chat to this guy here in Melbourne and he was saying he's a wholesaler and he can't He said, if I could sell all the demand at the moment, he'd be able to retire.
Speaker 5: Because there's just not enough stuff anymore.
Speaker 2: If you go on eBay, you'll see the value now what people are selling dumbbells and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: It's gone through the roof. It's like it's like gold. It's shot up. He was saying.
Speaker 2: Anyway, when we went into Who Remembers the Old Days and good Old Days of Lockdown number one, Oh, such an innocent time.
Speaker 5: I didn't think we needed the reboot.
Speaker 2: Hear remakes, he said it. Within the first couple of days, so all gym equipment was being sold out all over the place, and he said, this guy rings up and starts asking if he's got any the actual weight plates. You know that you're ten twenty thirty forty fifty, buys five hundred dollars worth, calls back two days later to buy another thousand dollars worth of weight plates, right, cools back again, all right, and he says, guys, are you actually selling this? Because you can't be and it's your enormously god, he's really getting ripties. It's got like a thousand kilos on each arm or something. This guy was selling them at double the price on eBay.
Speaker 5: And this homeside didn't.
Speaker 2: Cay just wanted to get rid of it, so he in the end he sold him. His dad was a businessman, so they obviously had a bit of money, but he bought thirty thousand dollars worth gosh of gear and he said he was selling up at least double So what has made about sixty to seventy thousand? Wow, As you Australian say, here in Australia maye have tough stuff all right. So often on the show we have a like a spillover from three topic Tuesday, which we did yesterday and we do every Tuesday where we do three phoners at the same time. One of the topics yesterday is still around and it was what's the first thing you ever saved up money for? Because I think if you actually do take a moment to think about it, you remember the very first thing you actually saved up, whether it was your pocket money, your little piggybank, or whether it's like from a Saturday job or a part time john. When you saved your own money to actually go and buy something with your own money, it was quite in your life. This comes from Kim in Frankston, Christian I was just on a show. Yes, sir, I love the topic. The first thing you saved your money up for. This took me back to saving for a box of Dernt pencils. Oh yeah, ultimate, that big sort of keyboard of them that the full keyboard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the full seventy two was the If you had that, then you had all the colors.
Speaker 3: Yeah made.
Speaker 2: Yeah. When I was thirteen years old, this is all I wanted Christian. Those pencils. They were the Rolls Royce, weird gree of pencils. They came in boxes of twelve, twenty four.
Speaker 5: Then there was the really big one. I thought there was like a thirty six. Yeah, and then I'm seventy two had like two layers of pencils. So you'd open up the box and then you would have said chocolate, yeah, Cigarett layer underneath box.
Speaker 3: With favorite character food.
Speaker 2: You're eating the pencils, maybe out your way. A school friend had the twenty four box, only had the cheaper favorite castales. I remember those from school. Favorite costeals that that used to grade pencils was like a two D or three H or something that the lead them was Grady or something, and I really wanted those dorments. I saved my pocket funny for money for months and finally had enough for a pack of twenty four. I proudly went down to the news agent's and asked a man behind the counter for them. He said, do you want the twelves, the twenty fours or the thirty six? I didn't know. Hang on a minute, sir, they come in a thirty six pack. Now, Oh my god. The dilemma extra colors a bigger box. It was torn between taking immediately the twenty four pack there or holding out and saving extra for the larger pack. This is a life lesson. Isn't about deferred gratification and done or what Pats he would done? It Just ate the whole twenty four Christian. I want to stick it to my friend with the twenty four box. So I held out for another couple of months to save for the bigger one. The joy when I walked back in there to get the thirty six pack of owning those beautiful rolls, Royce of pencils, the dormins, the smell of the newness when I opened that beautifully illustrated hard box it used to come in, that real hard box.
Speaker 5: It was the metallic one.
Speaker 2: It was it. Even you couldn't call it. It was a very flimsy tin. He used to put that in your all bag and just just moving a shoulder again, the other shoulder on. We're just dent half of it. And the amazing selection of such vibrant, rich colors.
Speaker 5: I remember.
Speaker 2: It's amazing how you can still remember this, Christian. I wouldn't let anyone else use them, and slept with them under my pillow. That's so cool, only to be used the special occasions coloring homemade birthday cards and stuff like that for mom and dad and all my school friends were so envious. So I was so proud until a few weeks later, past the same news agents he had a big sign up in the window, brand new seventy two marks on. My thirteen year old me did not to know how to swear, but that's how angry I was. Kim and Frankston great email Kim.
Speaker 8: Christian.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast this morning.
Speaker 2: We're carrying on from yesterday's three Time Tuesday. Ask you what's the very first thing you saved up money for? Which had a lovely email about der Went pencils. Christian, I I've still got my set of Derwin's seventy two in that ten brand new box. I've still got them unused from nineteen ninety, holding on to them for one rainy day Ellison's. Melbourne's been plenty of rainy days. There's no short supply. Justin Thank you very much, your text mate, Max, good morning, good morning, Tame Here are we Yeah, we're good Max? And are you well?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Fighting fit and twice as dangerous.
Speaker 5: Max.
Speaker 2: What was the first thing you saved up your money for a brand.
Speaker 9: New Melbourne Star dregster when I was third een?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we'll be saving pocket money. Or did you have a little paper round?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I used to work selling papers at the Rising Sand Hotel and what's great and saved up? You got me one hundred dollars and went the end of the shop to buy it pay cash, and my brother wanted to put it in the car to drive and bring it home. I said no, I'm riding at home. I paid for it.
Speaker 2: I bet you felt like a young man at that moment, didn't he won You're handling cash one hundred dollars as well to a young thirty year old. It's an eye watering about sort of thing that they'd rob a bank. You see it, this is one hundred dollars. Then you're cycling it yourself, your own thing. I got this myself. None bought this for me. It's a real moment, isn't it.
Speaker 9: It was? It was, It was a turning point. It was just like I played for this is mine, that's question. But that was fun. I wish I had it now because there was a lot of money now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Max, thank you very much and cool, take care, no worries.
Speaker 9: Every good day.
Speaker 2: And Helen, good morning, Good Helen.
Speaker 11: Thing I bought Christian. I was eleven and we lived in McCloud, which is the north North suburbs of Melbourne, and we had to go to Saint Kilda, which was nearly an hour away in the car. And I wanted this cassette player and I didn't care if I had to wait for a better one. I wanted this particular model and it was about thirty dollars and it was a Panasonic and it came in the leather case. And my dad said, oh, do you want to wait for another model? You know we'll get you a better one. No, no, no, I want this one. I want this one. And then I would go home and I would sit by the radio, question and I would hit record and record my favorite songs off the radio and play them back on the cassette player.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had one of those little ones, just like that single, long sort of oblong sort of cassette record, wasn't You could hold it up to the radio record your favorite songs.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And you know I used to sit there and wait for the songs, and I'd get really annoyed if I missed the start of the song.
Speaker 2: That I used to get really annoyed too when the DJ would talk over the end of the song, which I now do for a living.
Speaker 11: Now annoying DJ.
Speaker 2: Used to trash the last like forty seconds. Shut up, Now, I am that guy. This full circle. What was the first album you got on cassette?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 11: Well, the first album I actually bought. Well, the first single I bought was going to See My Baby Tonight by the Laddie Do. And my first album was split with Matt Rumors.
Speaker 5: What a great album for your first one to crazy.
Speaker 11: It was a little record shop outside Flinders Street station and I would lay by my records from that same guy. And I've still got most of those vinyls today.
Speaker 5: Oh, you're so.
Speaker 2: Lucky, because so many of us just gave away all those great albums we had on vinyl when we all moved over to what we thought was a future CDs exactly.
Speaker 11: But I've still got vinyls, and now my twenty five year old now buys vinyls and has their own record player as well.
Speaker 5: I love that. That's great.
Speaker 1: Christian Well, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, I saw something amazing. Actors and actresses when they're promoting a new movie, they do all these promo rounds, all these different videos, you know, trying to sell their movie to us all over the world. And it must be exhausting, you know. They read out these scripts that other people read for them, and that's all the different markets around the world. Russell Crowe, I think is a great actor. Okay, he's done so many truly brilliant movies, and as he's getting older now I feel he stopped. He never stopped as a guy, gave a lot of didn't really care a lot more he didn't really care. Now he really doesn't care. He knows who he is in the world, and if you follow him on social media, a very interesting funny guy on social media as well. He uses it really really well. And yesterday he shared this and I loved it. He's promoting a new movie, but listen to how he promotes it. It really makes me want to go and see this movie because of the honesty and power of this. All movie promos should be like this.
Speaker 5: They say, there is.
Speaker 6: A catalyst at the heart of the cinema experience, a social contract, a binding, dynamic power that lifts the cinematic experience into a realm of intimate connection between the audience and the screen and the stars in the heavens beyond.
Speaker 8: They say, But who are they some considered pretentious squads to try to pick your pocket and tell you it's around them bad.
Speaker 2: They've done this the MoMA mea. I've seen it.
Speaker 5: Hinged with it.
Speaker 6: It's called unhinjured.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be hang on you talk to the goes off your own. That is how to sell a movie, isn't it Unhinged by Russell Crowe?
Speaker 5: I think that is fantastic.
Speaker 2: But up on our Instagram if you want to see it, and on Facebook as well.
Speaker 5: It's really really good.
Speaker 1: Christian The Christian O'Connell Show podcast who's Calling.
Speaker 2: Christian is back for twenty twenty.
Speaker 12: Christian O'Connor, Christian, Here's that works?
Speaker 2: For two weeks on the show, it's all about you trying to get hold of celebrities where you find them on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Have you know a friend of a friend who's the cleaner? Four Kate Sobrano fucking names and mom, okay, it's my radio. Anyway. At the end of the two weeks, winnounce the top five. You pick the winner, the celebrity you really like, maybe like the sound their charity, or he just thought they were funny when they called the show. The winning celebrity gets twenty thousand dollars for the charity of their choice, which is a huge amount of money, but even bigger this year because we all know what this year has been like and charities they're obviously having a very tough year. They're not raising any money to twenty thousand dollars for charity and all celebrities, so many celebrities are affiliated with various charities, and then if you got that celebrity to call the show, you also win twenty thousand dollars, like Ryan last year who got Olivia Newton John to call the show. Ryan was actually kind enough. He gave you don't have to do this. He gave half of his money to the Olivia Newton John Wellness Foundation as well. So you get twenty thousand dollars. The celebrity gets twenty thousand dollars. Now, if Robert de Niro has listened to this live in New York on the iHeart platform, if a celebrity wants to call us directly, you can have the whole forty thousand dollars for the charity of your choice. And how this works.
Speaker 5: Then if you go on Instagram, you'll find all these celebrities this year. They're not working on projects. They're going crazy, like Russell Crowe swearing us telling us to go and see his movies.
Speaker 2: We need Russell Crowe on this show. They want to feel they've got egos. They're not working this year. They don't want to feel forgotten about. They want to feel relevant. They'll want to know that as a radio show, they can come and have a quick chat with us and they can plug their charity whenever they else they want to talk about, and they might win twenty thousand dollars for the charity of their choice. We did this last year. The show was only just over a year old. I was terrified it wasn't going to work. I've done it in the UK and I wasn't sure if it worked here or whether you'd.
Speaker 5: Even like it. But it worked amazingly.
Speaker 2: We were stunned with the amount of celebrities you got to call us from all over the world. The majority of these coming through social media, and look, we're on our phones. They're on their phones all the time. Get your kids, if you're stuck in doors with the kids like mine, get your kids to think about their favorite top ten, Top twenty celebrities, actors, actresses, musicians, whoever they like, and start peeing them. All these celebrities they like to engage with their fans. Now, especially this year, they're doing it more because they've got more time. So who knows who you could get on the show. You really are just one message away from winning twenty thousand dollars. Now there's a website. It's called All the Details Everything We're talking about. You want to find out more, you can go to Christian dot com dot au can find out more. There's a thirty second video on there by the way you can watch and watch one which explains it, you know, a lot clearer than me. Jack's on there right now. It's got all every bit of information need, even if it's a phone number. Like a couple of Verds celebrities, they called from all over the world. I mean, James Corden was in Ala Bear Grills. He's got this big new Amazon show at the moment. He was in the UK. Simon Begg was in the UK as well. He's even got like a little is it a world clock on there?
Speaker 5: Yeah, a helpful way to say, like when it's six am to nine am in Melbourne, you could call your time and then us a drop down menu and say I'm in La or I'm in New York.
Speaker 2: Because to call Michelle Obama is going to call. I've got a feeling that one of you is going to get hold of Michelle Obama. What we don't want is good and.
Speaker 5: You know what time is it there?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know, and they probably want they're not because you look at those bits of the Oval office. They've got clocks all over the world, haven't they. You can't take them with you when you leave the job. And she probably didn't get some new world clocks because it reminds her husband.
Speaker 5: Of the job he used to have.
Speaker 2: They got kicked out off the wall. Michelle, I have told you about that.
Speaker 5: But there's a sneaky little world clock on a radio station website. We're all good. So I love the idea of someone like Robert de Niro coming to the website and going, all right, I want to call between six am and nine am Melbourne time. And then there's a drop down menu and it's got a bunch of cities. Obviously, we can't put every city in the world because that would just waste people's time. So we've just gone for the biggest cities London, New York, la Paris and Lord Howe, Ireland is Sorry, where is that? It's in the Oceana, somewhere.
Speaker 3: Off Astragiu's coast.
Speaker 2: But who might be there?
Speaker 5: Hey guys, it's Robert de Niro.
Speaker 2: I'm with Michelle Obaba. We both want to speak to you on who's calling Christian. So it starts in two and a half weeks time. All the details are online and also the times if it's from Melbourne to Lord Howe Island. Everything you need on the video you'll find it at the Christian O'Connell showed, now what's the web best website Christian O'Connor dot com dot au.
Speaker 5: The Christiacconnellshow dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: Oh we've got that, Tomain, did we? Oh look at us all grown up after two and a half years, and good luck. And I know it doesn't start for two enough weeks, but a lot of you are starting to contact celebrities already.
Speaker 1: I would do that.
Speaker 5: Good luck.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jack was making me try and sell on air his dad's box of CDs, just a random load of CDs, but some actually very good stuff and they're going from Pink Floyd Donks Are the Moon to a lot of great Australian classic rock albums, also a bit of the eighties Brits stuff with Lloyd Carl and the Commotions and then sadly some unnecessary crash test dummies.
Speaker 5: Still we managed to get him one hundred bucks for this. I'm as shocked as anybody than anybody I thought. Honestly, twenty dollars or less is what he could expect for the scene.
Speaker 3: You need a cut from that, Jack too, machine half an our shows.
Speaker 2: We need to cut from that. That's what needs to happen. However, if anyone wants to get some bonus points someone from Crash Test Dummies. I don't even know what's the name of the guy who's the lead sing of Crush Test Dummies.
Speaker 5: We don't need to know his name all in case he calls in and he goes, oh, it's Gary, He'll crush Test Dummy.
Speaker 2: What were the other ten tracks you managed to cobble together on that album? Anyway? And you're telling me that killing Heidi? Are throwing shade on your dad CD Box of Wonders? Yeah?
Speaker 5: They comment on photo of my dad's CDs on our Instagram page five dollars with a laughing emoji of it.
Speaker 2: Ah, come on, that's a rare collector's item of that Crush Test Dummies album on there.
Speaker 5: They're just worried that there's no killing Hardy A month.
Speaker 1: Music Snobbery Christian Hello, Christian O'Connell show podcast. This is going straight to the pool room. Are you telling me that you've got a time machine?
Speaker 2: Worry? I'll tell you what any buses secks anyone, but I say any have the dyers above nervous tea?
Speaker 11: No one? All right?
Speaker 2: I mean, did there's once a week we go back to a certain year because of the eighties and nineties. Today we go back to nineteen eighty. Judging from what we heard yesterday on the showprom Patsy, it's some of the year you started dancing for cash to get that spiral part of flames.
Speaker 3: I did start lessons when I was said, actually and.
Speaker 2: This was highland dancing dancing, she's got to dancing. Yeah, Patsy was a very you're like you won a ward or whatever they called state champion.
Speaker 3: I forget that stage danced overseas?
Speaker 5: Do you know you danced overseas?
Speaker 2: What like trying to earn your you're fair over there dancing or like you know a Titanic they're dancers on there? Were you dancing away across the seas? Where did you go?
Speaker 3: New Zealand?
Speaker 5: They had dancing danced all over the world, Then go New z.
Speaker 3: I didn't say all over the world. I just sit over the seas.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: New Zealand's very strong contingent of highland dancers. And I think eighty seven it was I danced over in Napier.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's incredible. Did you have a rival?
Speaker 3: Did I have a rival? I had many rivals. Ooh, lay Glory, very strong competition. Believe me, we've produced some beautiful dances out of Victoria over the years.
Speaker 5: God, those kids could dance with cash. Can you say the name of your Maine nemesis.
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Probably Suzanne Hateley, who listens to the show and now lives in Geelong. She was a beautiful dancer get away. Yeah, she's brilliant.
Speaker 2: Tell you what, no one does a nemesis, No, Patsy doesn't she Jacks.
Speaker 3: Is a beautiful girl. And then you're still friends no of her.
Speaker 5: And then that she's still listening to the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, amazing, we're Facebook friends because your enemy is close.
Speaker 2: But she has tabs on everybody, all right. So nineteen eighty you an't even around Jack. It's a concept, it's a collection of ideas. This was big news, so the PM in nineteen eighteen. Malcolm Fraser was the Australian Prime Minister. Population of fourteen million. Back in nineteen eighty and Australia's first test tube baby was born in here in Melbourne at the Royal Women's Hospital.
Speaker 5: I remember that being a huge deal.
Speaker 2: Was this something that was talked about a lot in the eighties was about the whole medical advancements and test tube babies being a thing even before, because I was only seven before I ever knew how babies came along.
Speaker 5: I still thought it was the stalk. Don't you know one of the test you babies?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I know, really yeah. Frankly, my personal trainer is a one triplet of a test tube baby. They went into expecting one baby and they got three. That's amazing. I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Christian iconn Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, The biggest movie of nineteen eighty was this one. Empire Strikes Back, my favorite one out of all the Star Wars movies.
Speaker 5: I love this movie.
Speaker 2: However, for me, the big bit everyone still talks about from the Empire Strikes Back is this classic movie scene was just one of the most famous ones in Star Wars movies, but also in all of cinema. I knew your father, so we found out that Darth was Luke's dad, and the thing that we're I found amazed about that. The would big big thing with me is that someone as cool as Darth Fader could have such a dull son as Luke Skywalker. Because Luke Skywalker wasn't my guy even want to watch him now? I find it really irritated. I was a hand solo guy.
Speaker 5: For me.
Speaker 2: The star of the movies was always sandsided. It was the reboy, he was the pirate, he was the cool one. Skywalker, I gotta be honest, was a pain in the backside. He's really whiny and irritating the movies to me, and I was like Darth for all his evil, it's just got that whiny son that doesn't make sense to me. That was my big takeaway from it. The other big movie, one of my favorite comedy movies of all time. Please tell me you've seen Caddy Shak. Noah, oh, I'm jealous. Please make time this weekend watching Caddy Shak. This will make no sense, but a lot of you, a lot of you. Please tell me there are Caddyshack fans out there because this clip I love.
Speaker 1: And in order to conquer him, I have to think any one ever passible.
Speaker 2: What a line up Chevy Chase, Rodney Jingerfield, and Bill Murray. There's a great book about the making of that movie. Bill Murray's lines. He did in six days, no script, just turned up and said whatever he want. To do, is that one of the golden gods, like he said, is now. Bill Murray is someone who I could if I could get anyone on who's calling Christian, would be Bill Murray for me, just a hugely talented We watched Ghostbusters a couple of weeks ago with the kids. That is still a really funny movie. He's so cool in it, just funny and cool. Yeah, Bill Murray be great. But if you are a big Caddy Shack fan, there is an entire movie. Adam Hills told me about it a couple of years ago. Caddy Shack The Making of a Hollywood Cinderella Story is a brilliant book about Hollywood and comedians and what they're really like, including the strange rivalry they hated each other, Bill Murray and Chevy Chase. Chevy Chevy was hugely jealous Bill Murray hues. Yes, fascinating reading about it all. Anyway, Yeah, Caddy chat was out there, as was this Here's Johnny, amazing movie from Jack Nicholson and Patsy. You remember this, yeah, but it was the year off who shot Jr? Yeah, messive And also this was such a long time ago, nineteen eighty This is when TV could keep a secret. Now there's all these spoilers, deliberate spoilers, pr press releases. They kept this quiet from the entire world. Three hundred and fifty million TV sets washed that episode of when jr.
Speaker 5: Was shot.
Speaker 2: They didn't reveal the answer for two hundred and forty three days. None had any idea. I'm an interview in Larry Hagman years and years ago. He told me he was offered a million dollars by a really rich guy. Just a talent, just a talent, not even like make it public, just to Tellig so he could tell his wife. It was such a mega fan. It became such a big thing. I didn't know until it looking up yesterday. Two hundred and forty three days. No one had any ideas nowadays, you wouldn't keep that quiet. Everyone would have a theory. There'd be something leaked online, wouldn't they There was a Hues TV show. Did you watch it with mum or dad? I watched you with my mum every weekday.
Speaker 3: You can compare notes with girlfriends at school.
Speaker 2: The other thing was this came into the world.
Speaker 1: There has never quite like Rubig Skull I love.
Speaker 2: Rubert Scube never been able to do one in my life. Patsy Dolds a documentary I saw the other week as well about Ruberts cubes called Speedcubers. It's on Netflix. It's only about forty five minutes.
Speaker 5: You'll love it.
Speaker 2: Jack can do one in under five minutes.
Speaker 3: Phenomenal.
Speaker 5: Yep. I use my year twelve, the period they give you the two weeks before your final exams. I used that to learn how to do it right. Did you know where is it?
Speaker 2: There's a fact about Rubert Scoob. There's something like three hundred and fifty quintillion different ways to do one. I don't even know what a quintillion is, but it sounds great when you read it out.
Speaker 5: On a.
Speaker 1: Christian hell Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: From ninety this week's year on the Wonder Year. We now go to the music of nineteen eighty and the one second winner. This is where we play Jack and Patsy first of all. Then you some big hits from nineteen eighty, but only one second of them. You two ready, yes, At the moment the schools are. Patsy is coming up strong nineteen and a half, Jackie Boy is on twenty four. It's a strong performance from Patsy last week. Let's see how you are on the hits of nineteen eighty.
Speaker 3: Oh number one bites the Dust queen.
Speaker 2: Point eh, yeah, that's only fair point very good team. Yeah, No one bites a dust written by the bass player John Deacon, dust inspired if he hung out with she at their studios. Isn't it a number one?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: What about this? Another classic song Hue song from nineteen eighty.
Speaker 3: Teacher, leave these kids alone Pink Floyd.
Speaker 2: Yes, spricking the wall. That's it doesn't matter. You got you got the win, You got the win? All right? What about this? We play a lot on the show.
Speaker 3: Well you take me to Funky Town? If I did a remake, but this.
Speaker 5: Was Who do we give this to? Who do we give this to?
Speaker 1: Do?
Speaker 5: I don't know the original artist?
Speaker 3: I forget.
Speaker 2: I'll give it to Patsy Funky Town lips in in nineteen eighty What about this.
Speaker 5: Level terrors apart? Joy Division?
Speaker 2: Yes, well done, Joy Division, level terrors apart.
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 2: Last song for Jack and pats.
Speaker 7: What is this?
Speaker 5: Oh? Under pressure David Bowie and no, no, no, it's not super good is it? Yes?
Speaker 2: Wow? I was going to send that one up for the I don't know why send it up, and then to listeners, I send up for heavens, send it to the God. Well, I'm patty, this is EVO.
Speaker 1: If it.
Speaker 2: This is the one I'm sending up now, all right, then this is the one for you, dear listener. What song from nineteen eighty?
Speaker 1: Is this?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yeah, too recent? Isn't it too easy?
Speaker 2: But then our ears are so funny tune, so it's gonna sell at Russell Crowe. Then what's only reckon? That is from nineteen eighty.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, so we need to find the winner to this week's wonder Year. We've been doing nineteen eighty and I test Jack and Patsy with their knowledge or the big hits of whatever the wonder year is each week. So testing on nineteen eighty, then we play you one the one we're asking you try and guess what the song is from nineteen eighty?
Speaker 1: Is this.
Speaker 5: Daniel?
Speaker 2: Good morning? Daniel?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 3: Then you are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm good, Daniel. Thank you very much for working on hold John the news and that I hope you're well, Daniel. Want to think the song is?
Speaker 5: Isn't the themes, the Macguy, the theme tune.
Speaker 2: No, it's not that guy theme tune. We should do theme tunes next week for the Wonder Year. Right, great, Daniel, it's not that, but thanks for trying. Take care you, Mick. Good morning, Good morning, Christan.
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good Mick.
Speaker 5: Mick.
Speaker 2: What song do you think it is? This?
Speaker 7: I think it might be the Winner Takes It All by Eba.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great song. I love this song a different way now after the isolated vocal last Thursday. Yeah, Mick will send you all price. Thank you very much, well done, Thanks Christian to have a good guy Dan, you buddy, thank you very much. Now today is a it's the last show for our producer Brad. Now you would have heard producer he's looking up now.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Normally he's listened to various other podcasts during the show.
Speaker 5: Is he talking about me?
Speaker 7: What does he do?
Speaker 2: Another one of those talking bits you've often heard Brad talked about very fondly on the show. He is a mindy. He's been in radio for years. Yesterday he would showing me some of his childhood photos and I said, I recognize her as an Amelia Hour. He went to school with Amelia Airheart. He's been around for years, okay, and he's been working on the show for two years. And we're going to miss Brad hugely. He is in my mind, he is probably the founding father of the show. Whatever the show is. Without Brad, no show, I think I actually would have bailed and gone back to the UK. Brad has been amazing. What's also been amazing about Brad are some of the ideas he's kicked our way. And Jack and I used to keep a secret list, a secret list of some of Brad's ideas that I would go yeah, and then go put it on the list, just to give you some idea of his form. Once there was a lovely letter I got from a listener who wants to surprise her son. Could we try and track down the bomber's mascot? Do you remember this episode? Brad got a whole of him called it in all his contacts. He's been in radio for years. We get the mascot on the studio, he gets changed. The boy comes in. He doesn't know anything about it. He's hiding behind the sheet the bomber's mascot. Brad goes to me with a minute left on the song. By the way, contractually he can't talk on the show, walks out.
Speaker 5: The door, shuts something. What are we going to do with him.
Speaker 2: Not allowed to talk?
Speaker 5: What are we going to do with this thing?
Speaker 2: Moom We've just left in the studio a minute left in us so just breezed out like it was no biggie and only you went over and wish and said can you not talk about and he actually whispered to us like somehow he control So we had to do basically my match on the radio for you.
Speaker 5: The mosquito is nodding. He's here, Yes, take our word for it.
Speaker 2: He's really here right now, Jack, What are some of the wonderful ideas? But we'll do a top five Melbourne's worst team. Take that to his next show. You wait the next couple of months. We're here that on a on a station. Guarante him and be doing it.
Speaker 5: That wasn't just a phone in for a week competition.
Speaker 2: I was a competition involving social media, multi platform so we could all see Melbourne's worst teeth, photos.
Speaker 5: Of them, weird place hair grows.
Speaker 2: Yeah again, I didn't want to ask any more details.
Speaker 5: The umpire, Remember the umpire sketch. He kept pitching to you and change crawflins, where all I've got written down is umpire sketch crawf and Christian keep getting something wrong, but the umpire and he gets Christian in trouble.
Speaker 2: Why did we do that? Why didn't we do that?
Speaker 5: One that's very close to all our hearts. We reference it so often on air off air is the swearing parrot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just said to me one day we were talking about pets that could do stuff, so that it would be greatf you could find out if her listeners and pets have got any amazing skills. Do you want the swearing parrot? He said, It was like like a thing I might know about it. I've got a number of a guy who's got swearing, so we can't have a mascot speak, but we cannot swell, which are legan on the radio anyway, But.
Speaker 5: We've always had that as a break glass and carry emergency.
Speaker 2: You ever tune in one day, go listen, come up five minutes time the swearing Barrett. No that we've got nothing. We've run out of material.
Speaker 5: And this is this is a personal favorite of ours because you just wonder how how many calls would we really get for this idea? A phone in topic? Are you listening to us live from a hot air balloon on Valentine's Day?
Speaker 8: L nine?
Speaker 2: Here we would have ten lines going with that.
Speaker 5: All over Melbourn.
Speaker 2: They're all listening to the show, because that's what you do. If you're going out there, you take a little transistor radio with you. But the one we're going to actually do now, we're going to, you know, to be fair, we're going to do one of Brad's ideas here and one which I always think about whenever it rains. I always think of this idea. There's been some flooding run about two years ago in Melbourne and I merely mentioned it and Brad came flying in during the outbreak. I went phone or idea, what got wet? What got wet? That's it. So you know what we've said no too many times. I think today is the day of saying yes to producer Brad. So we're going to try this now, listeners. This is all we knew about the idea is simply what got wet?
Speaker 5: It could be there was rain here in Melbourne in the last twenty four hours. It could be in the last twenty four hours, but it could be years ago story.
Speaker 2: From the nineties where something got wet.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Let's give it a go. What got wet?
Speaker 2: This has come for the mind of our producer Brad. He's been on the show since the early early days and he's leaving us today and he's pitched lots of ideas and one that was what got wet? And we said naw, And so we're saying yes now to what got wet? That's the phone in this morning. You make of that whatever he wants. We had no more details from his mind. Nine four three. It's a kind of leaving present to Brad Tony come on.
Speaker 9: Him, good morning. I love the segment title beds to genius, isn't he.
Speaker 2: You're the first ever call roll what got wet on my plast?
Speaker 10: I had broken armored plaster from my from my palm to my shoulder, and the first time I tried to shower on my own, I got it wet and had to have it readone again.
Speaker 2: No, I bet so many people have done this one. Can't you meant to put like a carrier bag around it, tape it up and go in.
Speaker 10: Well that's what I tried to do.
Speaker 2: But then the tape cut got wet and came away, and then the bag was filling up with the water before realized. And this actually what got wet. It's two things. The bag got wet, the tape got wet, and the plaster got wet.
Speaker 5: Yep, it's a.
Speaker 2: Trifector on the first ever cooled off. What got wet?
Speaker 7: I managed to get wet at the same time.
Speaker 2: Four things. Actually, this keeps giving yes.
Speaker 7: And the floor of the shower got wet.
Speaker 2: I mean, one said, what got wet? It's a whole big world, Tony, thank you very much. She called me the first ever one, and what got wet?
Speaker 9: Excellent? Thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'd be in the Museum of Media. Let's go to Peter.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Good morning, how are you?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Great, good times. We're playing what got what?
Speaker 5: Peter.
Speaker 12: Yeah. When we were younger, my younger brother noticed that the neighbor was getting new carpet in the house in the front laund room. So when they all packed up and left, my younger brother decided out put the sprinter in the front door and turned the tap.
Speaker 9: On and bolted.
Speaker 5: And the wolves we think about it, and the.
Speaker 12: Wolves and everything else.
Speaker 2: After the new carpet just got laid in the neighbor's house.
Speaker 12: In the neighbor's house, and he did all say to a taxi when he went up to the front door, and he put the hose in the taxi and flooded it.
Speaker 2: Boy, yeah, we get controversy, Peter, Thank you very much, Old Bailey.
Speaker 13: Come on, hi guys, here you going? Yeah, yeah, what your friends call me uncle Bee?
Speaker 2: Good to know? And what got with?
Speaker 13: Oh you wouldn't bloody believe it? In Leopold yesterday, I was there on the tools and hit down, bump up, and I heard the hayle and I left the top off me you and all my tools.
Speaker 2: Got with who they called him uncle b I think it's bad doing in voice trying to be an enthusiastic caller was another character picture. You've been on the tools yesterday?
Speaker 13: Oh chocolate?
Speaker 5: All right? Thank you.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Today is World Humanitarian Day? Could you know any less interested? You've been with an eyelash and went like, shuld I just come in from school or something. I went, we had double mat.
Speaker 5: Shut up?
Speaker 2: Who cares about humanitarian interest? Also heard the news earlier, you said that asteroid past Earth three thousand miles away. I just looked right, see how close Adelaide is. It's eight hundred kilometers right, three thousand kilometers was that asteroid? You don't go Adelaide. It's just down the road.
Speaker 5: Car size, But you must all say it could be the size of a cruise ship.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: It was nowhere near three thousand miles away.
Speaker 2: Isn't near to me? Careful, you're gonna hit me.
Speaker 5: But I do say it's scary that they didn't see it until after past because it's so far away.
Speaker 2: That's why they didn't say it. Do you see anything?
Speaker 5: No anyway? Right?
Speaker 2: Okay, it's World Humanitarian Day, Jack, you're a humanitarian like me?
Speaker 5: Who your top five humanitarian patsy?
Speaker 3: Yes, don't say that with the smirk on your faces.
Speaker 2: Scary sometimes, all right, So yesterday we're asking for angry movies. Today we balance that out. It's World Humanitarian Day. We're lucky to be alive. Right now, we almost got smashed into my an asteroid size of a Fridgi or what was it, size of a She was a car, isn't it?
Speaker 5: I thought I felt would be a yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Slow down, Aliens'm a wing mirror of Oh yeah, mak a movie nice Today. We're balancing out from a movie angry yesterday because today is World Humanitarian Day.
Speaker 5: Oh who's that?
Speaker 2: No, he's not mad Max, it's glad Max.
Speaker 5: What is so happy?
Speaker 2: Max? High five in Miss Daisy. Silver Uh there will be cake. Oh lovely, that's good news. Silver plus Avengers assembled my ikea lovely guys, gold plus.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Tickler mocking bird, Tickler, mocking mocking bird. Enough now, help mamma off the train. A big step down, mama, big big step down here on the platform. There you go, help mama off the train of the mine. And last one, doc to note, let me help you, let me out, Jack, What have you got for? Make a movie nicer, clear and pleasant danger? This is a pleasant gold.
Speaker 5: National pleasure. Sorry Nicholas Cage, Yeah, national pleasure. Looking all around for the pleasure.
Speaker 2: Basic mode bronze free download, Hordon, here's a humanitarian Oh now that is gold plus. Well done.
Speaker 5: And the man who wasn't there there, the man who wasn't.
Speaker 2: You aimed high? I give you a silver plus for aiming high. Okay, all right, what have you got make a movie nicer.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Today is World Humanitarian Day, and we marked this on the atwork time Wester by asking you to make a a nicer movie. The kind of movie produce a rio often, Let's give me one of two facts to do whatever we're doing on the the time wastter.
Speaker 5: This is interesting.
Speaker 2: World's friendliest countries? What do you think is the world's friendliest country?
Speaker 3: It's not friends.
Speaker 5: Oh there we go easy, bit of as.
Speaker 2: Your racism, that's not I mean, it's one thing to actually pick on a person of race, but to take on a country. Last person is that?
Speaker 5: That was Hitler. It's not the whole country, you know what I reckon.
Speaker 3: It's somewhere like Norway or somewhere like that.
Speaker 5: Can I mind you?
Speaker 2: It is World Humanitarian Day. We're supposed to be all behaved like humanitarians.
Speaker 5: What's not France? I can only think of the route any of them, the whole country.
Speaker 2: It isn't actually France, Taiwan, Taiwan's and one the Kiwi's. I'm not surprised this at number two Cambodi, at number three Canada. They are relentlessly nice. I used to work with this Canadian guy, and even when he lost his temper, his pulse would never still go up, so you could never ringly iv he was genuinely angry. Australia is nineteenth.
Speaker 5: Oh that's where do you think the UK is? We're not even in the top fifty fifty five fifty. I think you guys are kind of nice. It's nice that Chris Charles's message to Australia.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, let's you know. This is it we started the beginning of the show. This is Prince Charles's message. He's thinking of you all.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 4: The Victorians, like all Austria, are tenacious and resilient or indeed, as you might say in Australia, made of tough stuff.
Speaker 2: All right, today's time I said, let's mark them all right, make a movie nicer, make a movie kinder Today The Green Smile, Gold, Hello Luke and Nooser, The Easter Egg, Hunt for Red October Gold Justin, The Lord of the Grins, Silver Kramer Loves Kramer, Gold, Very good, well done. Indiana Jones returns the Lost Arc Chat the Ripper Bloke. He is honestly a ripper blow as.
Speaker 5: You might say here, made of strong still gold plus. That's very good. Who sent that?
Speaker 2: In word on stratos the Texas seesaw mass gathering. A lot going on there, too much too to try, too many people on the sea. Saw Craig cast away, Negativity, Silver, Aiden top fun Silver, that's some of the curiously named Hostco reservoir hugs, gold, gandhy another day. That is disrespectful to one of the world's greatest humanitarians.
Speaker 5: Justin Silver.
Speaker 2: Plenty of country to go around for old men.
Speaker 5: Silver.
Speaker 2: The Empire rubs my back. Gold. We have that gone in sixty seconds, sir, Silver dude, let me have me find your car gold rein clearing man, Oh bronze you've got You've got fan mail, gold, handshakes on a plane, silver lockstock, and two smoking Carols.
Speaker 5: I guess Carol could be a nice person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Silver, Why can't they uh cheerful Encounters of the happy kind?
Speaker 5: Silver minus.
Speaker 2: Anyway, do you know what this is gonna be our last song? We've had to hide this from producer Brad We mentioned earlier it was his last day on the show. Today he's folding his arms now. I've hidden it with the code name. Great code name. By the way, play this one note to self. You tried coming up with code word at ten to six in the morning. I just went I said to someone on the team, I said, use the code word, and they stared at me about five minutes. When to play this one?
Speaker 5: You could use the code word Brad's secret. He wouldn't have found it.
Speaker 2: There's a song we've played on the show over the last twelve months. I guess it's kind of like an unofficial show anthem. I think it sums up if you enjoy the show, then Brad producer. Brad has been a massive part of putting that show together with definitely three of us, and there are two other young producers well who who he has mentored as well, Collect and Rio on the show he has personally sort of mentaled then and actually, despite me being in radio a long time, Pats as well, he has mentored us as well. And he and the great thing about working with someone like Brad as well is for all of us and maybe you've worked with someone like this as well. Sometimes you meet someone and you look for someone else. He's actually become a friend of ours, isn't he. Definitely, Yeah, Brad, you said that you weren't sure. Remember we rehearsed this bit. Okay, but producer, Brad, we are going to miss you so much. You have given this show and us personally so much, so I'm gonna let Actually the last words of today's show will be actually Brad, because he's seriously working the radio a long time, and he actually emailed me. I found your email last night that he sent me when we were looking for a new producer, and he contented me out the blue, and thank god you did. Honestly, I don't know, I don't know where we'd all be without you, Brad. So the last word today will be from producer Brad.
Speaker 5: I just want to say thank you to everyone.
Speaker 2: We made great radio, but more importantly, I make great friends.
Speaker 5: Thank you, blessure. We love you, Brad, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Chris Christian Podcast