Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast. Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three wise.
Speaker 2: From Richmond Gold one four point three HQ Melbourne, Australia forcusting to the world.
Speaker 3: Boos, Who's Who's Calling.
Speaker 4: Christian?
Speaker 1: Sean McCall, Hello Christian, It's James Cordon.
Speaker 5: Listen to John.
Speaker 6: They grew Shelley Craft here from Channel nine of.
Speaker 1: The block Christians Christians were Todd McKinny.
Speaker 7: Heal, Hi is Corey filming coming from Malos.
Speaker 3: Who's Who's Who's who calling Christians? Listening to that?
Speaker 8: Just some of the all people that we've had on Who's Calling Christian last week and a half. Another fact that Shelley was the hokey one in I'm actually getting intro plug for her currency. David Househof didn't go of night Rider and Baywatch.
Speaker 9: You know which one always stands out to me. James Corden for some reason, sounds sinister. Hello Christian, This is James Corden.
Speaker 8: No, this is what annoys me about the English accent and how you perceive us.
Speaker 3: When an English person.
Speaker 8: Is cast in a movie, they're either a repressed, bumbling aristocrat, a butler, or sinister and all they have to do to be sinister is talk slowly or James. To me, he's just James Corden. The accent doesn't stand out to you guys.
Speaker 9: To me, it feels like it should follow with Hello, Christian, this is James Corden. I'm inside your house.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 8: To me, Sean mccrlis, sounds more sinister. All right, So we're into the last two days of Who's Calling Christian. It is day nine. Today finishes tomorrow ten am. And what happens then is we will announce after ten o'clock.
Speaker 3: We're still on e f nex to ten minutes. Huggy can put his feet up.
Speaker 8: That's most shows, and we will announce the top five of the Coldness that we even enjoyed chatting too, and we think that you've enjoyed chatting to as well. We do look at you know, a lot of you email me to say who you've liked. We've seen all the Facebook comments and so we are taking that into account. What is going to be into the top five, But it's gonna be a very tough, very very hard to whittle down. So many of the great moments we've had so far. We don't know what's going to happen today or tomorrow into a top five. Then you vote over the weekend online Monday, we announced the winner and they get twenty thousand dollars for the charity of their choice. And if you've got that person on, you win twenty thousand dollars to do with whatever you want.
Speaker 3: Now we're up to forty three.
Speaker 9: That's right, yep, doctor Carl yesterday twigs to forty three.
Speaker 3: Wasn't he great? He's great.
Speaker 8: He was really really funny yesterday the whole game. I understand we've had a few complaints about that, and me asking about ice bullets as well.
Speaker 9: Not really, I'm not.
Speaker 8: Surprised so dotsor Carl was the last person we had on now and think about nine to thirty yesterday. As always, every day, I get lots of emails from you saying, hey, I've asked so and so, of asked so and so. They might be calling, and more often than not they don't always call for various reasons.
Speaker 3: But Jack, we've always been in front.
Speaker 8: Of a white board with all these various names that have said they might call us.
Speaker 9: Yeah, this was kind of our who's who of what we really wanted and we took down early on. We took down James Sherry from Amazing and took down Chris Hemsworth.
Speaker 3: Can you mind your language? But we took them down.
Speaker 8: In the city to deal with footy and aggressive things like that.
Speaker 9: We took them down, so they're in sub smashed Chris Hemsworth.
Speaker 3: Respect Chris Hemsworth. We studs up to James Sherry.
Speaker 9: But in the next twenty four hours, this is who we really need to call. Hugh Jackman.
Speaker 8: Hang on a minute, why don't you open with Jim Newman Cowboys from the Village People. Hello, team, wake up to the greatness in Jim Newman, Cowboy Cowboy from the Village People.
Speaker 9: Jim Newman, Hugh Jackman, Al McPherson, Keith Urban, Rebecca Holden who was the mechanic two, David Beckham, Billy Idol, Pamela Anderson, Robert Downey Jr. These are all people we had strong leads on that we're still wearing.
Speaker 8: I got horrible feeling out of all of those names. So she we know is in Perth. Yeah, all right now, I know. I think that's way out west. It doesn't matter. We've had so many calls some people in Beverty Hills, And we've had loads of people calling in from America. There must be someone who's someone can get out word to him. He must have heard by now about this competition.
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 8: And also do you know I heard a room yesterday he's going to be singing at the Grand Final.
Speaker 3: Joke him to stop. I'm going to start the room.
Speaker 8: And now fans hands in the air by waying for hands in the air. Who likes to be lame as are are?
Speaker 9: Anything'd be better than Matland?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Exactly.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't that be great to start the rumor that the greatest showman? Well open the greatest show.
Speaker 8: All right, so we can ask him if he does call in, Yes, is it true you're going to be doing your show tunes at the Grand Final?
Speaker 3: I'll tell you the one who won't be calling us next two.
Speaker 8: Days because I think he's been very upset about the news about Spider Man.
Speaker 3: Have you heard about this?
Speaker 8: I don't think Bobby Downey Junior is going to be responding to any of our listeners.
Speaker 3: Dogs.
Speaker 9: Wait is Rubbert Downey Junior and Spider Man?
Speaker 8: Nobody's in the whole spider verse. And if you know he died for a reason.
Speaker 9: And he died. Iron Man died.
Speaker 8: Sorry to break it too like that, Jack, You've got so many movies to catch up on. I can't I can't not talk about You know, millions of people have seen it around the world. You're never going to see movies like that. You're never going to watch Iron Man. It's not for you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 8: Yesterday I call one of the kids lying to your bare face. Remember you would just lie bare face in parents obviously it's thought they were stupid. So yesterday my youngest daughter, Lois is meant to come straight from school and cook and prepare last night's tea.
Speaker 3: And it's just.
Speaker 8: A big responsibility for twelve year old No, but they're doing because I tell you yesterday about this Marley Spoon thing we've got. But they've got literally a step by step photos all the ingredients are there, and they like to cook.
Speaker 3: So they're each going to take it in turn one night during the week. Yeah.
Speaker 8: So yeah, last night she knew to come straight home. Anyway, gets to like quarter to five, and it's been like an hour and a half since school ended, and I'm really gonna go. Where are you You've got rehearsals. Oh no, no, no, just with my friends. And I said, you know you're meant to come stop. There's the agreement to come straight back home. And went, oh, yeah, no, I've just been hanging out and doing some extra homework and stuff like this.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 8: She gets in the door, right, and I go, you've been eaten. I can just sense you've been eating. I said, have you been eating?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 7: I have?
Speaker 8: I said, I can see you've got chicken breadcrumbs around your lips. I said, you haven't been at Red Rooster with your friends, have you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I have.
Speaker 3: What are we doing now?
Speaker 8: I've just had some And then she starts to listen all this food that eat and I went, well, I said.
Speaker 3: That's what we're all stopped.
Speaker 8: It's like it's Combus five when I'll probably have a little bit with you guys. Said you can't have a private dinner by yourself when you're the chef.
Speaker 3: But you know, with me, we just lie bare face.
Speaker 8: She had like break crumbs all over her and I know that smell of bread crumbs as well, and I would rather have had, you know, uber EA's red ruster last night. But we're doing this cooking thing this morning. We want to ask you then, if you're up early right now, and you're not all normally up at this time of day, you might be on a long drive today. Who listening right now is up? You might already be on the road or getting ready to go on the road if you have a long drive ahead of you today. One of the things that strongly when I first moved to Australias, you think nothing about driving three or four hours.
Speaker 3: It's not a big drive for you, guys, is to do that?
Speaker 9: Can do it in the morning, do it all the way home.
Speaker 3: We're starting to reset our brains now as well.
Speaker 8: That three four. My wife wants us to go for a long weekend to Sydney when the weather gets a bit better. And I said, great with fly. She goes, no, Actually, I think we're just driving that is eight hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't do that, is it? She likes me.
Speaker 8: She's a nervous flyer, right, she saw anything not to fly? She told me, it's a stunning drive, is it?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 9: Not that eight out? The eight hour way is the Hume Highway, so that's the direct route. Sure, if you want to go along the coast. It's really nice there, but that is it's twelve hours, twelve hours.
Speaker 8: It can be there in an hour and fifteen or the chests star flying.
Speaker 3: Why do I need to do that?
Speaker 8: But then she starts to bambooz on me and going up at the time you've got to tell.
Speaker 3: Amarne live fly security and the end security.
Speaker 8: And I fell into it, going oh yeah, just so that does take eight hours. It's only this morning and I've come in chat to you guys. Damn it, I'm falling for it again, all right. So anyway, who's got a long drive ahead of them this morning? Give us a call and tell us why nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 8: So I'm asking this morning who's got long drive today and why? Nine four one four one oh four three. Good morning, Bill, Yes, Good morning Christian, Good morning Bill. That's gonna have energy me one this time the morning. You're more lively than us.
Speaker 3: We're paid to fake that we're lively.
Speaker 7: Christian.
Speaker 10: Are had lots of coffee this morning?
Speaker 3: We need some of that. And Bill, where are you off to today?
Speaker 7: Mate, after Beny go today work.
Speaker 12: I'm working of electrician and work. You sent me an email saying you've got a job tomorrow in Bendigo.
Speaker 3: Right, is the other the way your job works?
Speaker 8: Then, so the night before you'll get your list of jobs and where you've got to go.
Speaker 7: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 10: Yes, I live in lall so it' took a nearly two hour drives now Bendigo.
Speaker 8: Right, I've been invited to go to the Battle of Bendigo. Not this weekend, next weekend. The big Jeff Horn fight. Now, we had Jeff Horn on the show last week, so a big fight out there with Michael Zaraffa. It's a big domestic showdown between the two of them. I love the fact they Obviously we've heard the rumble in the jungle, but the Battle of Bendigar.
Speaker 9: So you were going to say the domestic showdown was the big name for it. Domestic showdown in.
Speaker 3: The kitchen.
Speaker 8: Sounds like an episode of the Block, doesn't it. Scotty Cam in one corner? All right, Bill, have a good safe drive out there. So are you listening to us or yes?
Speaker 12: Sorry, first time, long time listener.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. Bill. We're trying not to suck too much today. Okay, no, no problem.
Speaker 10: I's going to change some light tubes. That's a good luck.
Speaker 3: Bill, Thank you very much. She called and have a good trip.
Speaker 8: You can you make a note on a whiteboard in here, do not suck today for Bill, all.
Speaker 9: Of us come on, it's all co signed this this for Bell.
Speaker 3: We's got light juices to change in Bendigo. Shane, good morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 12: How are you going today?
Speaker 8: We're good, Shane, Shane. Yeah, you're a folklore on this show. Are you the guy Shane that told us about the lightning story?
Speaker 12: That's correct, Christian, that's it.
Speaker 8: If you hadn't called in, we han't got that story that made us say wow, I wouldn't have thought about the idea. Is there a weakly little feature in stories that could make us say well, it all came from you, Shane?
Speaker 12: Oh, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: All right. So Shane, where are you off to today?
Speaker 12: I left Melbourne's Morning about father Class. I'm heading to Wadonga on just a short drive, about three and half hours up the road. Lord swap some trailers. I've got two trailers full of beer and being Wodonga for about ten minutes and then I came back to Melbourne.
Speaker 8: Do you know what that is an important important mission there to to get the beer to the good people of Wodonga have been thirsty all year.
Speaker 3: Beer up there.
Speaker 9: The streets are line for your arrival. Shane.
Speaker 8: There's someone at the top of the Tourist building in Wodonga on by though, some kid up there or something.
Speaker 3: Don't come down a.
Speaker 8: Minute since January where it's just coming over the horizon now.
Speaker 12: And I'm talking about drive line. Normally drive to Sydney Christian and then come back the following day. And you do it as eight hours a speed record because it's in a truck. You take about eleven and a half hours.
Speaker 3: I can't see.
Speaker 8: I reckon you could do two laps of the UK in eleven and a half hours. You've run out of land in about six hours. You'd have to do it again. I can't fathom that. All right, Well, listen, Shane, thank you very much for give us a call.
Speaker 12: Have a good day, no roads you two guys, see you later.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 8: Some one of women taking calls. If you're on a long drive today. You're already on the road listening to us. Adam is good morning, Adam?
Speaker 13: Are you going?
Speaker 3: I'm good mate? So where are you going today?
Speaker 4: I left Adelaide this morning. I'm heading to a place school, Curoni War. I'll load up there and then probably heading north to play school wist well than yourself? Well, I was about eight norn hours from me.
Speaker 3: Eight or nine hours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, then I'll call it a day. I probably won't get there, to be fair, I'll probably stop about an hour shorter.
Speaker 3: They just got to be So are you heading out towards Brisbane?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do this every week. I go Brisbane to Adelaide, Adelaide to Courona War and then back up to Brisbane and five five and a half day trip.
Speaker 3: But I didn't even know you could drive to Brisbane. I didn't know a human would do that. See it on the mat.
Speaker 4: To me, it looks like really human.
Speaker 3: Is your Australian super humans? Your human pass Australian? Will Adam have a safe trip?
Speaker 7: Okay, have a good day, all right?
Speaker 3: And you all right? Coming up next?
Speaker 8: Then are voicemails from all the celebrities that call sometimes during the day when the show finishes is bursting. I'm looking at now that there's about five brand new messages to play to find out who's called yesterday.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Who's who calling.
Speaker 8: Christian God one A four point three? Good morning, Christian O'Connell badforst Show Thursday morning ten to seven. Already we have someone on the line as we'll find out who is going to be celebrity number forty four for us? Good morning, who's calling Christian?
Speaker 3: Who's this?
Speaker 7: Gooday, Christian, it's Jack Thompson.
Speaker 8: Well, we are living legend. Before there was Russell Crowe, there was you, Jack Thompson. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Good Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 3: Who's asked you to give us a call? How do we owe the pleasure.
Speaker 7: To Mary Phillips there's working at the Deacon University for Kidney Health Australia.
Speaker 3: And she's asked you to give us a gool this morning?
Speaker 7: Jack? Yeah. She got in touch with me through my charity, the Jack Thompson Foundation, and I received this wonderful email saying, you know, we should get in touch with Christian and see if we can't have a shot at this. We consider get something for Kidney Health Australia and the awareness of kidney health, which is pretty much in my domain since I've just recently ended up with ens age kidney failure and I'm on dialysis. But I've been able in my life and I've been able to do the course so where you can do the dialysis at home, which is pretty fantastic because I live in a beautiful place up near Cross Harbor and beautiful Hey. So now I go on dialysis when I want to. You know, it's three times a week and all of that. But kidney failure is not something that I think anybody thinks about. But there's what they're interested in. Kidney Health Australia is getting people aware that if you're over sixty five and you've got diabetes or blood pressure, heart disease or any of those things, that.
Speaker 14: You're pretty likely to end up.
Speaker 7: With some sort of kidney failure and you can lose eighty percent of your kidney function without even knowing that you have.
Speaker 3: So how did you find out? How did you find out you had any problems? Jack?
Speaker 7: I thought I was just getting old. Now I thought kiars it happens pretty bloody quickly, doesn't it annoyingly?
Speaker 4: It does?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I'm not no spring chicken. So I thought, yeah, well this is what it's like. I got tired easily, pains and the joints, and I thought, no, I bet I said a doctor about this. I'll wait until I've done that little movie.
Speaker 14: Over insn't Assralia for the students.
Speaker 7: And when did I do something? Oh it's Christmas, now it's a new year. I kept putting it off and putting my head down. Come on, You're not that sick, you know. And then I end up at a doctor and he said, oh, I do a scam. Did the scan? Oh, nothing there, but he did a lot of blood. When they came in, he said, you're straight in hospital now. And when I got in there, I was sold by the doctor that I had. I was about forty eight hours away from dying. And yeah, and what happens with kidney failure is you just go to sleep. I can. It still makes me shudder to think that I I would have my life, would have waken up in the morning and I would have been dead alongside We all talk about how we want to go in our sleep, but that's exactly what happens. And it's insidious because you know, just over a long period. Yeah, I'm getting into tire bit of but actually I was running on nitrogen and urea instead of oxygen and hem agob and it's just and once you, once you get the kidney failure, once you've become a part of that on dialysis, you discover that there's this whole world of people on Yeah.
Speaker 8: You never think about it too, because you're not been part of that wor it's never happened to you. You'll think you're invincible until something like this happens.
Speaker 7: That's right, that's right. And it's like I said to someone them, it's like, you know, you buy a volk Sagon and suddenly you look around. There's a whole lot of volks Sargons around. You notice them.
Speaker 8: Jack, I'm not sure that Volkswagon are going to use this as part of their new marketing campaign.
Speaker 3: It's a bit like having a dialysis machine.
Speaker 7: By Volta, a bit of a.
Speaker 3: I should sign you up now, Jack, Oh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll just take a Volsag.
Speaker 8: And so how are you now with your treatment? You say you can do dinasias at home, which is great. You've not got to go into a hospital.
Speaker 3: So when are you by? Are you on the machine right now speaking to us?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 7: No, but I could be. I could be a Look, you're on for five hours in three three days a week.
Speaker 8: And what do you do when you're hooked up to it? Can you look out over your view over coffs harbor or are you reading?
Speaker 7: Don't look look out over trees and occasional kangaroo and all of that. But I read, I make phone calls. And then after a couple of hours, you start to get a bit tired because you lose three kilos in wait in five hours, because what's happening. You're doing three sessions, so that's fifteen hours a week, and in those fifteen hours, the dialysis machine, the artificial kidney is doing the work that your kidneys do twenty four to seven, and so you lose, you rapidly lose a body fluid during that.
Speaker 3: Gig jacket sounds exhausting, thought to be honest, it sounds.
Speaker 7: Well, it is exhausting. But then I so when I finish, I go pretty much straight away to sleep. I'll have a cup of soup or something, go to sleep. But then the next morning. I'm, as the old blug used to say, a box of birds, very chirky.
Speaker 3: I love that. I've never had that phrase in my life chat, but I'm going to start using it today. Box of birds?
Speaker 7: How are yeah, Christian Boxer? A bird?
Speaker 3: You're back to being the man from Sowey River and break from around.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's been a wonderful career, mate, I know.
Speaker 8: I'm just looking now because the wonder the Internet. John, looking diving through your IMDb. You've been in some amazing TV shows of movie Jack, What a career you've had.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, if you're around long last mates, fifty years of it. Now, I've had a wonderful career. It's been very good to me and I loved every minute though.
Speaker 8: Now tell me why I'm looking at a photo movie? Yeah, I'm looking at a photo of you naked? Now?
Speaker 3: Now am I seeing that?
Speaker 6: I am?
Speaker 3: It's a photo of you. It's in a magazine called Cleo. Why were you naked with your kit off?
Speaker 7: Well, if you look very closely, you'll see I've got six fingers.
Speaker 3: It's an extra little finger, poor Jack.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's only a little thing.
Speaker 3: Sorry to hear that. Now.
Speaker 8: The way this works Jack, Everyone who calls us up, they leave a question for the next person we're lucky enough to get a phone call from. And the last person we had on towards the end of yesterday's Breakfast show was Dr Carl and he left, Yeah, him, he.
Speaker 3: Left this question. Here's the question. Then this is the question for you. Okay, have a listen to list Jack?
Speaker 6: What would you do about climate change?
Speaker 3: Do you hear that?
Speaker 1: Jack?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 7: What would I do about climb?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I mean it's a I don't think Doctor Carl realize he be asking you. It feels a bit rude to ask a man he's on dialysis what he's going to go and do it to about climate channel. What a great laugh you've got. It's like a Bond Baddie. You should be in a new Bond Baddie movie.
Speaker 7: I haven't got a very love yourself, it's not listen.
Speaker 8: To this, it's amazing. So, yeah, what would you do, Jack Thompson and about climate change? What do you think you should do?
Speaker 7: Jack? Well, we should stop smoking for a start. I'm not smoking. I haven't smoked since I was fifty, so that's nearly thirty years ago. Yeah, I think we should all be aware that it's a reality. The glaciers that have never melted before or melting.
Speaker 11: When I was in the.
Speaker 7: South Island of New Zealand a couple of years ago, people go and visit the glaciers there and there's a walkway that goes out and you can step off the end of the walkway onto the glacier. Can't do that anymore. There's a huge chasm between the end of the walkway and the glacier.
Speaker 3: So changed happening.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, So when people say, oh, it's a debatable thing, come and take a look, mate, how debatable is that it's? And I mean I would do anything like that and to alleviate it. I don't think the single individual can do what's required for the whole planet. But I think we can all contribute and do as much as we can. Good answer, Jack, and be aware and be aware. Teach our children because they're the ones that are going to inherit all this when we are gone. It's this now, Chack.
Speaker 8: We need a question, good answer. We need a question from you, Jack for the next celebrity that gives us a call today or tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 7: Okay, So you've got a magic wand what would you do with the magic wand for yourself?
Speaker 3: What would you do, Jack, what would you do with the magic one for yourself?
Speaker 7: I'd fix the kidney's mate.
Speaker 3: And then get that Volkswagon.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's right, and the volkswagon. Thanks mate.
Speaker 15: If we keep mentioning it isn't call a poductment.
Speaker 7: The wholes I shape, all right? Yeah. And then the charity that I represent, the Jack Thompson Foundation, what we do is we've been going for fourteen years. We teach indigenous people in the remote communities up in the north of the territory, up in arnam Land, teach them how to make their own houses out of the wood that's available to them. With the Lucas mill. They go out and they cut the tree down, they mill the wood, and we've taught them how to make the houses themselves so that when it needs repair, they know how to repair it and they can hand those skills on. We've been doing that for about fourteen years now, and you know, it's a wonderful thing. As they say, you teach a man to to how to fear and you'll feed himself. And it all started talking about the needs for housing and the guy who's now to see the foundation at a background in timber cutting, and he said, yeah, I look around here, I see timber. There's a lot of this go and swinging bark and it's good timber. They could build with this. But what we need to do is get them to learn how to use a Lucas. So long story short, that's what we did. We got a group of young women to come in and good for you, Jack, they established their own milk. That's a nice building mate.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, listen, Jack, it has been a real pleasure. I know a lot of people listening. I'd love to hear you on the show. You're a living legend. Thank you very much for tell us about the charity, and I really hope that your treatment goes well.
Speaker 3: It's been a real joy for us to catch help with you this morning.
Speaker 7: Jack. Thank you, Chris.
Speaker 8: I'm hoping by the end of tomorrow you've got that Volkswagen on your driveway out there.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm not going to work until you're in that. You're in that, okay, Jack, You have a good day. Thank you very much. You give us a call, Take care, Bye bye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three ten minutes past seven.
Speaker 8: Okay, it is day number nine, only two days left on who's calling Christian?
Speaker 3: Let's find out who's on the line right now? Good morning, who's calling Christian?
Speaker 14: Hi Christian? This is Simon peg Peggy.
Speaker 3: Good morning or good evening to wherever you are in the world. Simon, welcome, Thank you mate.
Speaker 7: Nice to hear.
Speaker 14: I didn't know you were over there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've moved over to here now. I'm in Melbourne.
Speaker 14: Wise man?
Speaker 3: And where are you? Are you calling us from la or No?
Speaker 14: No, I'm calling you from some good old tearing itself apart?
Speaker 7: Lady?
Speaker 3: How is Blighty rivers of blood?
Speaker 7: Is it right now? Now?
Speaker 14: It's blighted?
Speaker 7: Let's just.
Speaker 3: And so was it late in the evening there?
Speaker 14: What is it like ten past ten and it's just gone just ten o'clock at night?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 3: What are you up to right now? Are you in your pajamas? I imagine you've got some face cream on.
Speaker 14: That's exactly what I'm doing. You have you hacked into my TWOPDV.
Speaker 3: I'm watching you right now like mission impossible. I'm hacking into you. How are you mate? What do you want to then? Who's asked you to give us a call. It's lovely you always to catch up with you and chat to you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you too.
Speaker 14: A friend of mine called Sarah Clark who lives in Melbourne and she is one of the chief Pegsters a Melbourne chapter who are basically has kind of been with me and Nick and Eggers since the very beginning, since since space and have sort of been our Australian friends and fans. And you just got in touch and asked me if i'd give.
Speaker 8: You a bell of course, And you are you also supporting a charity A lot of suburges that have given us a caller working with the charity. You must be work working with someone.
Speaker 3: Who are you with?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 14: I was thinking I work with a few charities, but the one I thought i'd support is a charity called Time Is Precious, which is a charity which for money to buy specialist equipment for children in children's hospitals in the West of England, sort of specialist stuff.
Speaker 3: In the in the severe cases with Ah, well, that's a lovely charity. Now listen, what is going on with you? What have you got? What can we see you in next?
Speaker 8: Obviously you done the I haven't seen you for a couple of years, so I've got to say the Mission Impossible movie though I think there was out last year. Was it falled out? I thought that was the Yeah, the best one out of all of them. The Women great, that was a I thought that was a brilliant one. That's what what have you got coming out? I read earlier this week. I'm pretty sure that you and Frosty Nick Froster are back together. You're doing something visit for Amazon Prime.
Speaker 14: Yeah, well, we're writing something right now. We go into production with it a couple of weeks. A sort of paranormal comedy brilliant which, yeah, should be fun. And at the moment, I say The Boys, which is on Amazon as well, which is a sort of satirical superhero show Not for the faint hearted. It's extremely extreme, but very funny, based on a comic book, and.
Speaker 8: That its official rating. By the way, Simon, it wasn't sure that that was an ex No, the not for the faint hearted.
Speaker 14: Not for the faint heart, that's what it says, just a book. It's absolutely staggering what they what they are allowed to do in that show. But it's so it's really funny, and yeah, it's it's The funny thing was it was? It was based on a comic book that came out in two thousand and eight. One of the characters in it, called Hue, was based on me. In the comic book, he was sort of drawn out, and it took so long for them to get around to turning it into a TV show that I'm actually playing that character's father.
Speaker 3: That's a moment, isn't it? How humbling.
Speaker 7: Exactly?
Speaker 14: And then The Dark Crystal's coming up on Netflix in August, which is going to be very soon. Actually that's yeah, it must be an.
Speaker 3: I saw a trailer for it just the other day. I think it's I think it's the end of next week.
Speaker 7: Is that?
Speaker 3: I can't wait to see that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You happy with it? Is it good?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 14: It's extraordinary. It's kind of it's amazing because they've done it exactly in the way that Jim Henson their Divisional movie. So it's just so it's so rare to see puppetry as an art form like that. It is absolutely spectacular. So I'm very proud to be part of that.
Speaker 8: And then how is that is that challenging as an actor for you? To to do your stuff when you you obviously got those things around you.
Speaker 14: Is at hard, well, you kind of it. It's different to when you do animation. You do a voice, You do your voice, and then the animators animate to your voice, whereas with puppetry, the properteers do the acting and then you come later on and you sort of dub over their performance. So whatever they do with their mad flats, you know, with the with the that's what we call it.
Speaker 7: The technical.
Speaker 3: So the act originally their mouth flaps perverse, No.
Speaker 14: He had, he had three flaps there. You've got to you've got to change your intonation. So it's strange because you have to kind of follow choices that the puppeteers make. But they're all really good actors, so you just sort of follow their movements and their their sort of you know, gestures and fill in the gap. So it was difficult, but it was amazing because it was a character that I loved when I was a kid, with sort of horrible simpering sketchist, the sort of vulture looking like creature. And I remember coming out of the cinema when I was a kid and sort of doing an impression of him. So to wind up doing his voices is rather marvelous.
Speaker 3: Oh that's great.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 8: The way this works, Beggie, is that every person that we're lucky enough to get a call from leaves a message. About twenty minutes ago, there was a very famous, well known, living legend, Australian actor, Jack Thompson.
Speaker 3: He left this question for the rist person. Here's yours.
Speaker 7: You rather a magic one? What would you do with the magic one? For yourself?
Speaker 3: Well, great voice, isn't he?
Speaker 8: What would you do with if you had a magic wand for yourself? Simon Peg, I think I'd probably.
Speaker 14: Go back to the nineteen eighty six hairline.
Speaker 15: For a couple of.
Speaker 3: See in c G I yourself, Yeah.
Speaker 14: I would. I would literally v affects my hair back.
Speaker 3: What's a question from you to whoever we get on next?
Speaker 14: Okay, if you weren't doing what you're doing.
Speaker 7: What would you be doing?
Speaker 3: All right? Okay? And what would you be doing? Then? If you if you had become the great act you are, what you would you have done? Simon?
Speaker 14: I think I'd probably be in special effects. Actually, I've always kind of loved all that sort of you know, the practical effects, the masks and the puppets and the and the makeup.
Speaker 7: And that kind of thing.
Speaker 14: I think I would be probably still in the film industry, but just behind the scenes.
Speaker 8: Ah okay, and listen if you ever down this necker to which if you ever in Melbourne or Australia doing the rounds, please I'd love to see you again. Might be really nice. But thanksgiving us a call today. Lovely to hear from you always.
Speaker 7: You too, buddy, Take care all right, off to bed now.
Speaker 3: But that face cream up the face cream.
Speaker 7: We're okay, I'm up the step.
Speaker 3: Take care, thanks Simon. By all right. That was Simon Pegg, which Jack takes us to how many celebrities? Five forty five?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 8: So it's day nine. Last two shows for you to get your celebrities on. Who's calling Christian but a busy half an hour. We had Jack Thompson half an hour ago, and then Simon Pegg. Some of you might not recognize to know who Someon Pegg is, but you will recognize the movie he's been in, missche He's been in all the Mission Impossible movies and Star trek as well, and some of you will know him and the great Nick Frost, another hugely funny man for the Shawn the Dead trilogy movie and also the sitcom Space, which is well worth your time from the nineties. But Simon's a very very smart, funny guy and it's great than him and Nick are doing something together again.
Speaker 9: So we are up to forty five celebrities.
Speaker 8: Wow, forty five celebrities, and we've still got about five or six voice smails to play you as well, so the time we played them would be over fifty. So we still have no calls from Hugh Jackman. But it feels like things are cranking up already, doesn't.
Speaker 3: It just didn't. Just in the last twenty minutes half an hour.
Speaker 8: It's been very busy for calls from cops Harbor with Jack and then all the way back in London with Simon Pegg.
Speaker 9: And Hugh would wait for boiling point, I think to call in and we're getting there.
Speaker 3: You know what he is prime time. He's hearing all this. I reckon if he's going to call, what time do you think he calls?
Speaker 7: What day?
Speaker 3: I think tomorrow, quarter to ten, right before it ends.
Speaker 9: We're about to shut the lid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, greatest shame man. What year is he calling from with that phone?
Speaker 7: So out.
Speaker 8: The number you need to get the celebrities to call and they are calling of you. Have you really heard just this morning? Nine four one four one oh four three?
Speaker 3: Good luck?
Speaker 8: Thanks all the all the emails you've been sending celebrities their agents, and all the tweets or the Facebook posts you've been sending that haven't gotten there, haven't been answering anything like that Instagram post that you're not sure if they've read they are reading them.
Speaker 3: Try again, You've got nothing to lose.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 8: All right, it's a non start today. We just had Simon Pegg on the line live from London. Let's find out who's going to be celebrity number forty six on Who's scoring Christian?
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 3: Who's this? Who's calling Christian?
Speaker 6: Christian? It's Tony Hadley and mate, how I call him from Sonny Booking and blow actually stark here in there sucking him share in England.
Speaker 7: Mate?
Speaker 3: How are you t bone?
Speaker 6: T bone big to you? How are you there?
Speaker 13: You all right?
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm very very good. How are you?
Speaker 6: Yeah good, Yeah, not bad at all. Yeah, I've been been going bonkers mad, just gigging festivals, all the sorts of stuff in Absolutely Radio was there the other day.
Speaker 3: How is the old place?
Speaker 8: So if you if you just tuned in, then Tony Hadley, king of the eighties, spanned our bunny still doing live stuff all over the world, used to do with you.
Speaker 3: Obviously, still do a weekly show for my old radio station.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, the Absolutely everyone's still there. They're all they're all missing you and and send their love and thank you.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm out here doing frontier work.
Speaker 6: You're doing frontier work in sunshine, mate. It's been storming here. We've had loads of rain. We nearly had a damn that collapsed.
Speaker 3: To be summer time out there.
Speaker 6: You know what it's like over it. We have a few days of sunshine and then you pay the price. But we have we I think we're going to have a few days of sunshine coming up. But honestly, it's been suit I don't know if you've been watching on the news, but honestly the area were dropping sand bags to try and stop the damn smashing down on the legion everything. You know, there's been a drama every single day. You know.
Speaker 8: I've had a lot of the older people they would have thought it's like the Second World War come back, the damn busters are bad.
Speaker 3: I am doing really well. I've been at Harry about fourteen months. I love it. This is home now, it's a It's a great city, great country.
Speaker 6: Have you been out here doing fantastic place? Sorry?
Speaker 5: Mate?
Speaker 3: Have you been out here doing?
Speaker 8: Have you?
Speaker 3: You must have toured Australia over the years.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I was there. Last time was about four or five years ago with spandow and that's all gone a bit pair of shaped.
Speaker 3: Ex more legal battles.
Speaker 6: Oh mate, honestly I don't know. Well, there's you know, put it this? How can I put it?
Speaker 7: How can I put it?
Speaker 6: They they did something that was not nice so and eventually my my lawyer managed to put it into the long draft.
Speaker 8: How can the rest of span now be turning on the great Tony Handley not doing something nice?
Speaker 4: Mate?
Speaker 6: I don't know. And the unfortunate thing is is that next year is Well would have been the band's forty years anniversary, and I kind of figure didn't anyone stop and think, oh, let's let's keep tone sweet. Anyway that they did, that's rock.
Speaker 8: And roll, isn't it. I mean these these rivalries as human nature. I'm now, I've got to know. You can't tell me on desperate to know what they did. Upset they didn't do a pooh in your dress.
Speaker 3: The last do tell me?
Speaker 8: The last time I saw you, you were trying to get some terra cotta plants for your guarden.
Speaker 3: Did you get them? By the way, you're going to hire a van and drive to Spain.
Speaker 1: I believe cool.
Speaker 13: I was.
Speaker 6: I was going to get these big giant terracott Do you know what I looked into it? It was going to cost absolute fall tune And did I really want to drive a van across Europe for some terra cotta pods?
Speaker 8: It sounds like a TV show actually seems his way across Spain in the van buy some terra.
Speaker 6: Cotta pot To be honest, the TV's got Nafa and Nafa over here. I get after these so many TV shows and it's like, really, no, I think I might pass on that one. It's like no, I kind of and they keep well, I've been asked about five times now to do strictly comes dancing, and I told him I don't do licra, I just don't do it.
Speaker 3: And is that what spanned out?
Speaker 7: Belly?
Speaker 8: Did do?
Speaker 3: They try to get you into Li Likera and that's when you all fell out.
Speaker 6: Definitely, all fell apart, I said Tony, like, now that's the end of the band and we all we all fell apart. But no, it's all a bit. It's all a bit sad and tragic, and and they know they know why that the other guys know why.
Speaker 7: But there you go. That's life.
Speaker 6: That's the way it goes.
Speaker 8: Sometimes to come out here because Rick Hastley is out here, is coming out and stuff and the horror as well, the eighties is back. You've got to be heading out this way soon.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Well, I'm coming in in February and March. I'm just I'm just going to be very professional now and look at my notes here, and I can't find where I'm going from one day to next. I think I'm with you on the twenty ninth, I think twenty ninth of February.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where are you playing?
Speaker 6: Oh I've got a clue. Didn't hold it? Didn't my pr give you that information?
Speaker 3: So when you come over right, you must come in on the show. All right, coming on the show? Yah, well to come and do.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you what I'll bring, Richie b bring the guitar and stuff the a little acoustic thing. But it's going to be a cracker. So we're there at the end of February. Can't quite remember where.
Speaker 8: I'm planning, all right, Well, our thought that we'll find out is now when Rick Casley has agreed to this, Right, he's coming over and he's going to come in and sing on the show. And I gave him a challenge to singer classic TV theme tune and he's going to do Sesame Street. I'm now seeing some talking to you, and I'm going to give you the same challenge. Would you when you come in, would you sat? Would you sing a classic TV theme tune?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 7: Oh, I tell you what what?
Speaker 6: It's the classic? But do you remember that one in the Avenues and Eli, we're the soul of them? There is use it? Know that one?
Speaker 3: Though I'm not familiar with that is that dr.
Speaker 6: Who Okay, okay, we could do and I can do this. Wait wait, I've got I've got I've got very excited about that. Yes, I'll come in if he's going to do one, because he's is he doing man? Is he doing that one?
Speaker 7: Is he?
Speaker 9: No, that's the Muppets. He's going to do Sesame straight, you.
Speaker 7: Know the one.
Speaker 3: We're all gone down to Sesame Street but in June.
Speaker 6: All right, I don't like that one. You don't like that one. You don't like that one.
Speaker 3: Now listen, Tony.
Speaker 8: The way this works, everyone who gives us a call, they have a question from the last celebrity. So we had Simon Peg about half an hour ago. His question for you is this one right?
Speaker 7: What you're doing? What would you be doing?
Speaker 6: Oh, well, Simon Christian and everyone, I would be a surgeon. I would be operating on people on a daily basis to save their lives. Because originally, right, I actually did genuinely want to be a surgeon. I had Mike's scopes, and I had scalpaus and all sorts of things, and I had books on spare part surgery. I was a strange child.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, you sound like you at the ripper.
Speaker 6: Actually sounds a bit. I've just scared myself, you know, Yes, I was. Yeah, I would have been a surgeon.
Speaker 3: And we need a question from you, Tony.
Speaker 6: Okay, to the next person. If you had the chance to go on the first spaceship to Mars, would you.
Speaker 3: That's a great question. That's a great one. Thank you very much for that.
Speaker 8: And recording and supporting a charity as well, Tony before we say goodbye.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Huntington's Disease Association. It's a charity very dip in my heart, so and a wonderful charity as well.
Speaker 7: So that would be the one.
Speaker 8: Definitely great Tony before we go, right you are this is this radio station is called Gold one four point three.
Speaker 3: Can you just give us a quick blast of you gold, Gold, Gold, Gold.
Speaker 6: I always believe in your soul.
Speaker 7: Oh, I was kind of you.
Speaker 6: I was kind of hamming that a bit.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for giving us a cool mate. I spell. Hopefully we see you that when you come out here.
Speaker 6: Listen, No, we'll pop in and listen if you want to come to the show. It's going to be a cracker. And and tell Rick I love him as well. He's a lovely man. He is. He's a really good boy. And yeah, listen'd be great to see Christian really will thank.
Speaker 9: Thanks school before you go, and Tony and the listener of ours later has texted in saying you're playing at the Forum on the twenty ninth of February. The Forum.
Speaker 3: Love that you've got your fans out, do you in.
Speaker 6: Your booking that pr lady is fantastic and follows me everywhere.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, we'll see you out here in February. Okay, Tony, we got to go, but thank you mate.
Speaker 6: Thanks a lot, cheers, christ thank you all the best, mate, mate.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 8: So that was Tony Hadley from the eighties and Spandau Ballet no longer Spanda.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's going on there. I was just turning.
Speaker 8: When we hosted the Olympics London, it was obviously a big thing for London, London twenty twelve and it was a really exciting time in London. Obviously, Team GB we're not very used to winning gold medals. Australian you are, you know, you're used to doing very very well, and we start to pick up quite a few.
Speaker 9: What would you get on average, like five double figure.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 8: In the eighties we had Steve, we had Cram and overt you know we had some Danny Thompson and Decathley. It was a gold medalist.
Speaker 9: We had never heard any of those names.
Speaker 3: Well, we had some legends of the Olympics.
Speaker 9: How Steve the legend of the Olympics.
Speaker 8: In fact, the last couple of Olympics. I don't believe Australia has done as well. To continue with the story, so yeah, sudden we started to do really well and I said on Boss, you know what, I want to do a thing where if we get over a certain number of gold medals that we play Tony Song Gold by Spandau Ballet right, and he's I said, at the end of the Olympics, I want to play it for every gold medal we'd won, and at that time we'd only won five. So I mean, sure, one show, I'll play one, play it and dedicate it to one of the gold medalists.
Speaker 3: My boss said, you can only do that if we get fifteen. He was obviously giving me a target that wouldn't better hit anyway.
Speaker 8: We obviously started to get gold medal after go and I don't know if you remember how many gold medals TEMGB went on to get twenty eight. I went back to the Boss when he got to twenty and went, hey, listen, let's just forget about this. I'm gonna stop talking about it now. He was like, oh, no, you wanted this the day after Olympic ends. You're gonna stay down there and play that and only that song throughout the whole show. I had to play in full spanned our Ballet's Gold twenty eight times. I started at six o'clock and Jack and Bats we did the normal show, and then every song we went to was only that.
Speaker 3: I was on until eleven thirty in the morning to get.
Speaker 8: Through twenty eight blades of it, and we cat trying to find creative ways to get through it. So David Tennant came in and did this amazing sort of actively spoken word version. Tony came in and did a duet with me. We had an opera singing come in. But you're still hearing those flipping lyrics over and over again. So hearing Tony on again was flashbacks to the spandeth On and playing that song twenty eight times.
Speaker 3: I was just telling Jack, my wife has a book club.
Speaker 8: Every month, like your wife Bianca does, and you know they have to take it in turns to host.
Speaker 3: It has it been hosted around at yours.
Speaker 9: Yet Bianchor is the leader of her book club, so she's always hosting. She doesn't share it, no, but they go, they go out, they go to it, they go to a pub and they go to a special room.
Speaker 8: Now, these are on the ladies that go around each other's houses and stuff like this, And normally it's during the week, but obviously with my hours and I have they have a quiet household during the week to preserve my sleep.
Speaker 3: She's having it this Friday night.
Speaker 8: And so I really got in trouble yesterday because I saw there was a load of fresh cheese in the fridge and I opened up two different packets, and my wife went berserk because apparently that is for the ladies book club, the book club ladies. And then my wife said, listen, what are you doing Friday night? And I've been told to leave the house. She doesn't want me around. I am actually banished from my own house Friday, left to just walk the reats until I'm allowed to come home in my own house.
Speaker 3: Has any of them would any of the man put up with this and being told to leave the house.
Speaker 8: I've managed to find a stand up gig to do it the comics land, so I'll kick that will kill twenty five minutes doing a set there, and.
Speaker 3: Then I don't want it's going to hang around.
Speaker 9: The CBD scrunch to the back door like the dog.
Speaker 8: The police need any sort of you know, undercover duties being done, and I think I can actually become a citizen for the night. So if any of you do need a friend on Friday night, I am around in the town and have got time to kill the.
Speaker 1: Christian Oho' Connwell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 8: Three Thursday morning, in the midst of the penultimate day on Who's Calling Christian, We've still got to find time for this. Just as important as a brand new isolated vocal. This one's a great one, so read up Chili Pepper's lead singer, Anthony Keidas, and Anthony Keidas doesn't have your kind of typical, clear, classic sort of rock and roll singer's voice. He's got a very unusual voice. And you wonder if someone at that one and onto a stage one of these talent shows, whether he even gets selected.
Speaker 3: But it's unique.
Speaker 8: Like Mick Chaggers as well, there's something totally different about it very special about it, and this isolated vocal is just him doing under the Bridge. Even the story about how this came to be. They're recording their fifth album, Blood Sugar Sex Magic. They were an underground LA band that weren't really troubling the top ten or in the top twenty, and then they started working with a legendary music producer called Rick Ruben who worked with Public Enemy, Beastie Boys, Aerosmith and was great. They'd taking artists and pushing them into other areas. He's the guy who did the Johnny Cash last three albums. And if you've ever heard that amazing cover version of nine inch Nawl's Hurt and it makes it a completely different song, is not the same song. That was Rick Ruben's idea, and he produced that that stripped back sound anyway. Anthony Keidis didn't like the lyrics to this song under the Bridge. It was just some doodlings and a notepad until he was urged by Rick Rubens, who actually record them, and it went on to become the hugest selling single of the year and it pushed them from being an underground band into the mainstream. It was the album that made and that again with the kind of fornication. But I haven't listened to this, I said, vocal, very different one.
Speaker 3: But I love this.
Speaker 16: I drive on the streets cause she's my companion. I walk through his because she knows who I am. She sees my good deeds and she kisses me. Wendy line of a world. Now that is a line.
Speaker 3: I don't have a water feed.
Speaker 4: Like God?
Speaker 3: Did that depth or takement to the Pleasa load? Take me all the way? I don't have a water feed like God?
Speaker 9: Did that depth takement to the Pleasa love?
Speaker 3: Take me all the way?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's the sweet's isolated vocal. Anthony Keidah was the guy doing the vocals. Jack and I were just saying, you know, how you know you mentioned it, how you probably wouldn't get very far these days.
Speaker 3: You do not think with a voice like.
Speaker 9: That, well, especially listening to without the music. It's not a perfect vocal. No, and he's he's not on pitch all the time.
Speaker 3: No, he's not.
Speaker 8: He's not your classical great he's not a Freddie Mercury or athing like that.
Speaker 3: But doesn't matter.
Speaker 8: There's something human about it and the and the frail to you in it. The fact it's not what you would call perfect. Whatever that means makes it even rawer and more special when rock and roll has lots of voices like that and needs them. That's what rock and roll is, isn't it. It's a place for outfits, people that haven't got the perfect look or the perfect voice. It's about them expressing it in their own way.
Speaker 3: It's there.
Speaker 8: It's their thumb print, isn't it a fingerprint? His is completely different, But I love that. I'm a massive Chili Peppers fan. He's bizarrely right, quite a quiet guy these days. Anthony Keida's he's obviously very clean, sober last style and he was headed towards death. But I was sat next to once Ring. So it's a massive UFC event, wow right, And I thought, And I was with a mate, the matekt knows me going. You got to say you're a big fan, and just like anybody else, would you still get stars trying?
Speaker 3: How's going in the old massive fan?
Speaker 8: You know, I saw you in ninety five and along with Nirvana at Reading Festival.
Speaker 3: Because then he's just going to go thank.
Speaker 8: You, and then he just sat there awkwardly and he's going to think, oh, Criiking sat with some wide eyed super fan. So anyway, in the end, I said, I said, when you go to the toilet, I'm going to say something like.
Speaker 3: What he goes, Why do I have to go to the toilet? If you just start a conversation, you do this for a living. He's not asking for an interview, he's just he's just here. He's by himself as well. He doesn't it they want to talk to anyone.
Speaker 8: When we went to the toilet, even though didn't need to go on with just going, I'm going to say something. So in the end I started chatting to him and the conversation went cold, very dead, and then my phone went thank god, as one of my kids text me about some nonsense. And it was then when I my puppy on the screens save on my phone is where niche and my shepherd dog was a lot small obviously a puppy, that's what they are. And then old Matie, he couldn't get enough for chatting to me, lean's over and goes, what a beautiful dog and starts chatting about then gets out a lot of photos of his dogs.
Speaker 3: Ah, and that was the end of the conversation.
Speaker 8: I didn't see him looking happy that time about massive you fan WILLI into the fights.
Speaker 9: But yeah, huge UFC and puppies.
Speaker 8: He gets his rocks off these days now, talk about kids. I want to try this this morning. I know we have a lot of people listening right now on the school run. And I know this because I get a lot of emails, especially when I see them around the suggested lyrics for Monday mornings misheard. And I love that fact that a lot of you right now and talking to you kids, not the mum and dad's driving the cars. I'm talking to you the kids in the cars you're on your way to school. I'm getting already. There might have been an argument. Something is annoying you, something is bothering you in your world, and normally us on the radio, we don't normally ask you to call it.
Speaker 3: So I just tell us simply, what is bugging you? What is annoying you?
Speaker 8: What's what's really really annoying you this morning? And this happened in my house yesterday. Luckily it wasn't there. One of the many perts to doing this job is I'm not in the chaos that is the school run. But yesterday my wife hact to actually separate my two daughters from physically having a kerfuffle. Shall we say about a pair of headphones, But in their little world, that is everything, those headphones. You need the headphones to walk to school. Apparently you can't walk to school. You haven't got my headphones? And guess who is playing for taking them?
Speaker 10: Me?
Speaker 3: And guess who had taken them. They can't hear this, But anyway, if.
Speaker 8: I'd have asked them to call and what was bugging them, they would have said, she's got my headphones. We think you've got the headphones. Why do you keep taking our headphones? You're too tired to look for your headphones. Kids, If you're in the car right now, or you might be just outside school, you might be walking to school listening to us. If you are to listen right now, this is for you.
Speaker 3: Call me up. I just tell us what is annoying you? What is bugging you? Right now?
Speaker 8: I think for everyone we get on out, we're going to give Have we still got some of our show mugs?
Speaker 9: Yeah we do, We got hold We actually got a whole new batch, have we?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Who ordered them?
Speaker 9: I think Sue approved of the boss actually gave something a tick.
Speaker 5: Do you know what?
Speaker 8: I've got a funny feelings of mate of hers who runs a mug factory and nothing gets signed off quicker than those by the bus fair.
Speaker 3: Are you luxe in with that?
Speaker 8: Sigad sure throughout the year and till it's mugs to soon make the mugs at home the lair of hers in Pran, otherwise known as the mug barn. I demanded sixty minutes exposing on this. All right, kids, what's bugging you? Give us a call ninety four one four one oh four three kids in the school run walking to school?
Speaker 3: What is annoying you right now?
Speaker 8: Might have happened last night or even this week this week at school nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 8: So this is for the kids that listen to the show, maybe in May two in the morning, by mum or dad.
Speaker 3: What is annoying you?
Speaker 8: Might have happened last night, might have already happened this morning. What's bugging you? This is just for you this morning. I don't think producer Brad's used to speaking of kids. He's already upset some poor kid and this.
Speaker 3: He said, he adduts only please hang up a kid?
Speaker 9: And why is Could I just draw attention to Brendan parked online too? He's been a truck driver for twenty two years and the traffic is bugging him.
Speaker 3: What have we got him on?
Speaker 16: Old?
Speaker 3: I think that's the guy that calls every three days whatever the phone is like that. Have you got no head?
Speaker 8: Somebody's been talking about the traffic. I think he just permanently parks online zoo. He's been there since I started last year. All right, kids, what's bugging you? Let's go to Haley. Good morning Haley.
Speaker 9: Harvey.
Speaker 3: Harvey, Good morning Harvey. That's not going to go down well, Harvey.
Speaker 17: Hi, I was gonna make toast for my brother, but I couldn't find the bread. I think he's just got out of the wrong side of the wrong side of the bed. But he said no, I haven't gone on the wrong side of the bed the wall and I got back and he strangled me.
Speaker 3: Oh dear, he strangled you. Is this an older brother?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 17: This is a younger brother.
Speaker 8: A younger brother strangling the bigger brother. That is that's terrible. What happened to mam my? Dad tell him off.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, and then what happened with.
Speaker 3: What happened with the toast?
Speaker 17: Oh well, it didn't get mad because I couldn't find.
Speaker 8: The bread.
Speaker 3: Voice, isn't it?
Speaker 8: Dad?
Speaker 3: Tell him to get by? But this this is our chat. Sorry, thank you, and tell me this, Halvey. How are things now between you and your brother? Have you made up? As he said?
Speaker 9: Sorry, well, I pretty much.
Speaker 17: Well, we pretty much always haided each other.
Speaker 3: But that is sad. You don't want to go through life hating each other. You'relucky to have a brother.
Speaker 8: I'm sure jeep down you love him. Maybe sometimes you just irritate each other, right, okay, all right.
Speaker 3: But listen, Harvey. We'll send you one of our show mugs as well, and I'm going to send you one for your brother as well. Can you make sure he.
Speaker 8: Gets Yeah, I have a good day school, Halve. See lady mate, Bye, my Mi. Now that's Harvey. Who's Sky?
Speaker 13: Hello?
Speaker 7: Sky?
Speaker 3: Great name?
Speaker 8: So tell me just tell me this Sky. Do you choose to listen to us in the morning? Does Mum or Dad make you listen.
Speaker 18: Every single morning? The radio is on the car and yeah, I'm forced to listen to you guys.
Speaker 3: Excellent, excellent? Is it mum or dad?
Speaker 1: Mom?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 3: And what's mum's name?
Speaker 18: Lene?
Speaker 3: Shout out to Rhianne. Thank you Rhianne. Now what is what is bugging you? Thank you? Other than having to listen to us?
Speaker 7: Sky?
Speaker 8: Sorry?
Speaker 18: She takes ever in the morning, like doing her bake up and stuff, and I'm always late to school?
Speaker 3: Or can't she get out a bit a bit early and do the make up early if she's got to do that?
Speaker 18: Oh she wants to sleep in, but.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and what happens the night before? Does she not to have a little glass of wine? And maybe that's why she wants to.
Speaker 18: She has so many.
Speaker 3: Sky mom, Sky, you can get in trouble now.
Speaker 18: Oh maybe I don't know.
Speaker 8: And what's Thursday like for you at school? If you got anything good? Or is it all the dull stuff?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 18: Actually I have a hip hop competition at school, so hopefully we win that. But yeah, it's pretty basic day you.
Speaker 8: Hang on, I mean can't say it's a basic day competition? That's pretty cool? And are you singing or hip hopping?
Speaker 18: Hip hopping?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 18: Dancing?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And what are you hip hop being too? What song are you doing?
Speaker 18: We're doing a mash up of like fur delicious and uh word rider.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, what like lo low low low you do that one? Yeah, yeah, I'm down with the kids.
Speaker 9: We can tell when you said that you're hip hopping today.
Speaker 8: It was a popular beat combo back in mind we used to do and the jitenmug. All right, hey listen, Sky, it has been a great fun chat to you. I hope we've got in trouble with mum. Here's what I need you to do tonight. Right when Mum's tucking into that wine, you sneak into a burn Jamen. You get that alarm clock and you said it secretly half an hour earlier.
Speaker 18: Okay, yeah, I'll sound like five am.
Speaker 3: Five am. That's it. Then she's got plenty of time to do the hair and makeup.
Speaker 18: Okay, Sky, Mom will love you, Christian, we love we love.
Speaker 3: You Mum as well.
Speaker 8: It will.
Speaker 3: We send you both mugs. Okay, Okay, all right, have a good day, good luck with the hip hopping to.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show. Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 8: Three spanned our buddy Gold one O four point three Gold one oh four point three, So see why we played it, it says the radio station.
Speaker 3: Ideally, every song should have a proper ending like that.
Speaker 9: No more fade outs. You don't think I don't like fade out. I don't love a fade out either.
Speaker 8: No bang, that's how you should do it. You know, you build to the end of it, and then someone does that. I don't know what the instrumental druma or something, but it ends like that full stop. I don't like it where it is, and then some does you think it's ending that can't stand it.
Speaker 9: It's a mic drop, whereas a fade out is just like slowly walking behind the curtain.
Speaker 7: Exactly what it is.
Speaker 3: God one O four point three.
Speaker 8: The reason we're playing that is because Tony called us a lead singer and formally lead singer. I spanned out, Buddy as he was telling they still have they've had a lot of legal battles in at the courts, but we're still occasionally do a show together and they go back in the courtroom, have a horrible court battle, then do an occasional show together. And as Tony said an hour ago, they did a show with Tony did something terrible to Tony and now they're not singing together. As spanded out ballet. But the goodness just Tony is coming out in February. And known Tony for quite a few years. He's a lovely guy who was great this morning. There's been so much love for Tony Handley. I didn't know how many of you still obviously knew what he was up to and obviously did you have a crush on him. In the eighties it was Alther him or Simon Lemon.
Speaker 3: Oh, both of them, to be honest, all right, and there was other girls who likes both.
Speaker 8: And he has agreed, like Rick Astley, when Rick comes over here to come on on the show and sing a classic TV theme tune, we need to work out what one we want to get Tony with those big pints of it is to do as well.
Speaker 9: Did anyone find out what song he was singing when he started? When he went straight into a TV.
Speaker 8: Thing, you got to get a grab of it, because I'm obsessed with TV theme tunes. I don't know what the one was that he was talking about someone. I bet we'll know who's listening, right. We were just saying earlier how he wanted to chat some kids this morning find out in their world is bugging them and Lily Ane's held on this morning, Lily Ankboarding, good morning, So have I major lake for school?
Speaker 3: Are you outside the school gates?
Speaker 18: No, we're just still in the car.
Speaker 3: Still in the car, all right, all right, that's good, thank you very much? Holding on? What is bugging you? What's annoying you?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 18: My mom, aren't wanting those shorts for school?
Speaker 8: You can't wear shorts of school. Look at the weather out there. It's chili, it's not it is as cold you know. No, No, you should be in your winter uniform at the moment, aren't.
Speaker 3: You're the longer skirt?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 8: And then my checking, No, you can't be wearing shorts. Now, I'm with your mum on this one. You can't be wearing shorts.
Speaker 10: Okay, yeah, it's going to be sixteen.
Speaker 8: Or over in your face me, now, isn't it? This sounds like I'm having an argue with one of my kids. It might be sixteen, but the school won't like it. You're getting in trouble. You don't want that kind of heat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now it's only thirteen today, So had the right idea, Thanks, Patsy.
Speaker 8: You need to say to tell them on quite a weak parent, Patsy straight and just ending it with the smack down there.
Speaker 9: It reminds me of when my dad would dress me to go to school and he would send us in shorts and t shirt in in the middle of winter, and I would sometimes I get there and the teachers would send me the lost property to go put on.
Speaker 3: You were that kid. Oh they had to go and borrow last polity.
Speaker 8: I get everything. Now, I'm sorry for what you suffered. Okay, it is not my fault, all right, yes, sorry, but now.
Speaker 17: I can't do that anymore.
Speaker 3: I can't do what anymore.
Speaker 18: I used to hide them under my Traxi.
Speaker 10: Parents and then.
Speaker 8: Well and then that's superman. You go into the toilets and take them off and then come out with the short song cheeky. All right, listen, you've got to get into go to school.
Speaker 3: What have you got today? Linian? Is it a good day?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 18: Got art and Italian today?
Speaker 3: Italian?
Speaker 7: Get you?
Speaker 3: And how's the Italian going? What can you send Italian? Chabella?
Speaker 11: I'm not your best sell it.
Speaker 9: Hey Lilian coming to Ciamo?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Ah see see, very I didn't know how come you know Italian?
Speaker 9: I did for ten years at school, did you. Yeah right, I can say coming to Caami and Mikiamo, Jack and odd daughter Ciani, which says I'm twelve years old, ten years you.
Speaker 8: For ten years and that's all you've got. I can do this one as well at two beer that is Italian in case you don't know what I just said. For two beers, I just all right, Lilliane.
Speaker 3: You listen.
Speaker 8: You got to get to school. No shorts, okay, no shorts? Yeah it all right, have a good day. Thanks for cooling us, Hi, thank you bye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Brand you at what time? Waste?
Speaker 8: Coming up after nine o'clock and we could be joined by anyone. It's the penultimate show for Who's calling Christian and oh we'll finish tomorrow more ten am.
Speaker 3: Then we would announce our top five.
Speaker 8: We've already started discussing, shuffling, shuffling, debating who could be in the top five. There has been some great chats today ten to seven. We've got a call from a wonderful legendary Australian actor. Before there was Russell Crowl's this guy Jack Thompson. Some of you might remember from the Man from Summy River and many many other things as well. Then we had Simon Pegg, obviously a Hollywood star now in Mission Possible in.
Speaker 3: The Star Trek movies.
Speaker 8: And then we had Tony Hadley, who was how would you describe Tony warm friendly? I get the fining Tony will be happy chat to us for another hour, just kick him back. And he sent us a photo of him on the phone as well, chatting to us where is it me? I mean, obviously he was one of the big biggest megastars in a Heartford of the eighties and spanned our badlet. But the shirt is undone.
Speaker 9: The shirt, firstly, it looks exactly like this shirt that bananas in pajamas wear blue and white stripes vertical out day.
Speaker 3: But it's very open and is that is it vinyl collection behind him?
Speaker 9: I think it's CD's. Yeah, I think that's CD's or well, if it's c d's then that makes him very small, so maybe it's.
Speaker 3: About eight foot two big. A lot of vinyl he's got there, is it? Do you think it's all just spanned up ballet? Different copies of it he sales him at the weekend, All right on to our show then obviously, hopefully we're going to get lots of calls.
Speaker 8: Hopefully we're going to finally hear from the big one that've been trying for two weeks now. Jim Newman, he used to be in the so we confused now not Hugh Jackman.
Speaker 3: I'm done with him. Jim Newman from The Village People. I can't. I can't go into the weekend.
Speaker 8: I feel like I'll let everyone down if I don't get an exclusive interview with Jim Newman, Cowboy from the Village People, Hugh Jackman would be amazing last day of what's been an extraordinary two weeks. It would be great to try and snaring Hugh Jackman. Where is David Beckham?
Speaker 9: Do we tell Croft that he's got twenty four hours now.
Speaker 8: Get him on the phone in the next hour, Remind him of the deadliner sent him another text last night before going about at ten o'clock in the evenings, so you've got very little time to get David Beckham. And of course we were promised Pamela Anderson, Billy Idol, what's happened there, Robert Downey Jr. Something, We're definitely doing it on to myrow show when we do knock off Friday is beat the Boss.
Speaker 9: Beat on the Boss, Beat all the Boss, Beat on the Buster, gain all day. Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 8: Apologies to the Ramones family and the estate, but this is how the feature works. On a Friday eight o'clock, you versus your boss, maybe you're the boss versus your employee.
Speaker 3: The price.
Speaker 8: If the employee wins, you've got to let them. Sorry, bosses, you've got to let them go home immediately. They begin their weekend at ten minutes past day on a Friday.
Speaker 3: However, if they.
Speaker 8: Don't win and you win, then the boss you get twenty seconds to plug your business whatever it is, live on the show tomorrow morning, and you get.
Speaker 3: The bragging rights as well.
Speaker 8: So it's a high stakes game every Friday with Beat the Boss. We're looking for tomorrow's contestants. So if you've actually challenging your boss tomorrow morning, be careful.
Speaker 7: Though.
Speaker 3: We had a live wire do that last Friday and the boss had a meltdown, didn't he. Black guy just sort of froze.
Speaker 9: He had some of the easiest questions. One of his questions was who's the lead singer of the Rolling Stone.
Speaker 3: All he could do was oh God, he went.
Speaker 8: At one point he went, you put me on the spot here, probably the most iconic front.
Speaker 3: Man in the world. There are people in caves in Afghanistan and all over. The lead singer is of the road Stone. Oh, I didn't know there's going to be some IQ thing. All he had was Michael. That's what we got.
Speaker 8: I don't think he's been called Michael since the Agent five Jagger Michael, clean your ventrol. So we're looking for two live wise tomorrow for Beat the Boss. So do you've actually take an your boss on or do you've actually taken your out employee in the office? Call us up now if you want to book your spot to be tomorrow's contestants on Beat the Boss nine one o four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 8: Today is State Wide Takeaway Day. Didn't even sound convincing, just fell out the last bit. Today Today All day take Away Day, Takeaway Day. Happy, state Wide take Away Day Today. Please change your email signatures. All right, So we're looking for takeaway songs. Prince Cholmain. Prince Cholmain had him and the ants. Prince Chamain Prince Chowmain Rolling Stones with Can't get No Sarte Faction, pretty good, You drive me, Jeff Razy Tears on my pillow, Shakira with these Chips, Don't Lie and hit me Eat a Baby one more time, Hit me Baba Babbie.
Speaker 3: One more time.
Speaker 8: Those are my takeaway songs. Now, Jack has actually spent the last ten minutes.
Speaker 9: You've been rehearsing. You have been rehearsing.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 8: He found a song Patsy off YouTube. He keeps sort of singing it and singing it. There's some kind of live he's building to get ready to stand by everyone. My early ones, though, are total.
Speaker 3: Doesn't need to introduce me. You're not doing a eulogy What a dear friend Derek was to me.
Speaker 9: I just don't want people I don't know.
Speaker 3: Are they going to be someone funny? This is a eulogy.
Speaker 9: Total Chips of the heart good. I took a pill in a pizza.
Speaker 3: No not need, Come on, we will walk.
Speaker 8: You should have opened with that. Hang on, hang on, here comes that's right, everyone, get ready for comedy.
Speaker 9: Oh where oh where is my k FC? The lot took away from me?
Speaker 3: Okay, we're looking for takeaway songs. Now nine four one four, No, that's the phone number.
Speaker 8: Oh four seven five more numbers, oh three one O four three takeaway songs. Today's that work time waster? Oh four seven five O three one oh four three that my friend was up there with you.
Speaker 1: Italian the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 8: Three, alright god one O four point three Christian O'Connor Reakfast show for Jetstar.
Speaker 1: That's he had a massage yesterday, got a go ah, what is it with the beds and you you can't sit up?
Speaker 9: It hits your back afterwards.
Speaker 8: You know, I beg for them to go outside, leave me a quarter of an hour to try and work how to get off this bed. I had to get it. I need another massage. Is that I didn't come there for a crunch workout. At the end of it, it's trying to rock yourself or just.
Speaker 9: Roll off up and then it'll warm up a bit and the okay now and forth momentum.
Speaker 3: I don't know because you've been lying flat, you know, for an hour, so things start to caesar. I get nervous about the end. I know all that's nicest will end badly with the put a hand out to try and but it's angry on that small of your back. They need a button where you get tipped over, or a hospital bed or what can't you like sprung up.
Speaker 9: Like in walls and grummer.
Speaker 8: I think that and it pushes you into a trampoline. Then you slide down to the floor crying. Okay, today's time waster on what I say. It was national, it's national, statewide, national takeaway day to day indoor Australia and it's your takeaway songs.
Speaker 3: Nothing compares to Uber Eats Silver. I'm with you people, popa Dom, don't preach.
Speaker 8: Sivil plus, Subway to Heaven, Civil plus, don't curry be happy, Civil Plus. I don't like Barry Monday's Oh Clever Smart Gold Well un Kenny and Forest Hill, Mister Pye side Gold, stand and deliver Silver plus, uh Pat Benattar, hit me with your lamb chop Silver addicted to lard gold another one bites the cross, Civil plus, Every potato you cake, Bronze.
Speaker 3: It's every breath you take, every step you take. It's a creepy song, creepier every step. Food will tear us apart. Bronze when doves cut.
Speaker 7: Gold.
Speaker 3: I love whatck and.
Speaker 9: Roll bronze because it's using my formula.
Speaker 3: Every breath you take away better gold, Abra cadabra.
Speaker 8: I think they mean abra abra, cababra, silver, Bohemian flaffel Rhapsody.
Speaker 9: Don't get it a rap, bad bronze and bad Bronze. I gotta say we smoked them.
Speaker 8: This what someone's head's been turned since you've got that Acra nomination on Sunday.
Speaker 3: We smoked them.
Speaker 9: I don't think we should even give the chocolates a way.
Speaker 3: I'll guess who gets the chocolates. You get the hate you don't get.
Speaker 8: No, I'm going to give it to bad Bronze because you punish them. They give the chocolate today. What was their Bohemian Flaffel Rhapsody? Chocolate hamper marking thoor bree for your bad Bronze.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 8: A couple of days ago, Court pats middle of a link shopping online on her phone for dresses.
Speaker 9: Yes, did you ever buy that red ras?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 9: No, still looking.
Speaker 3: We had a chat. I thought she'd made some differences.
Speaker 8: She just went to show you and I picture of someone's dog dressed as Paddington. It's very cute.
Speaker 3: Nothing, I'll give it distracting, to be fair.
Speaker 9: She had one day yesterday where she was loading about not having a phone in here.
Speaker 8: Twenty four hours, and then today someone's Pomeranian dog dressed as Paddington. We needed to be look at denial now. So we're just near clear up. One thing today with who's calling Christian. Tony Hadley called it earlier and I was saying, how Rick Cassley is coming over and he's agreed when he comes over to come on the show, and seeing the theme tunes to Sesame Street and I'm hoping that we can get a couple of artists to do this coming on the show and they sing their version of a classic TV theme tune.
Speaker 3: Tony is up for this and he's going to do it.
Speaker 8: And he started to do this TV theme tune, which we didn't know which one he was talking about.
Speaker 3: But loads of you have contacted the show saying you know the.
Speaker 6: Song Ally Avenues and eliwe were the soul of a man. You didn't know that one knows.
Speaker 3: Anyone.
Speaker 8: Tony Hadley earliest one and who's calling Christian obviously lead sing up on the Big Stars of the eighties spand out Ballet. This is the song and Scott in Brisbane, Graham and Mornington. You were right, it's this classic one from Tony Christy a TV I didn't know about this early seventies. But what a TV theme tune, Tony Crystal full Brass band. Didn't they make TV theme tunes used to be an art form. I'm gonna call us up on Spotify.
Speaker 3: Add this to my gym.
Speaker 20: Play this today if you see me shimming and I will be shimmying around the gym, know that I'm listening to this. In those singles Bloods, yeah, no, I look very eighty Madonna broke.
Speaker 3: Oh. So what what is it about with people who have a proper voice?
Speaker 8: Because Tony's got one of those old school big croon of voices where they still even when he was just on the phone to us, I think it was like ten thirty in the evening in London that he was calling us earlier, still.
Speaker 3: Got that warmth about it.
Speaker 6: Didn't know that one knows.
Speaker 8: All right, let's play out some of the voice smells that we had yesterday. We haven't had time to play yet today on Who's gone in Christian? Day nine, last day tomorrow morning, gooday.
Speaker 7: Guys, puffed to hear from Better Homes and Gardens.
Speaker 10: Now I was encouraged to call Christian by one. The only is fantastic, Rebecca thunders Now, I don't know what begs up to today's potential. Letting you know that's incredible opportunity. My charity of choice is reach Out Essential online digital support services to all of our kids in need. But by the bye, and I don't tell this in any way to be mean Christian.
Speaker 6: The tales of.
Speaker 10: Your woes in the kitchen have traveled far and wide, all the way from Melbourne to my home in sunny Sydney. So let me tell you aboute There are things you can mind other than reservation. Come on, buddy, get in the kitchen. You want to know how catch up Better Homes and Gardens. On seven at seven.
Speaker 8: Plug can we do a cut tomorrow of the best plugs that we use this opportunity to plug that I thought we were in that break there? All right, so he takes us up to forty seven celebrities. Let's play this one good day Christian.
Speaker 13: This is David Strausman calling from the Hollywood Hills in Los Angeles, California. I was contacted by Andrea Byrne for your incredible competition here and I'd like to nominate Variety, the children's charity there in Melbourne of a world wide actually as my charity. So wish me luck and I helpo win.
Speaker 3: Thank you by much, David Straussman.
Speaker 2: Hey, Christian C. Susie Wilks calling. I've heard about this awesome thing.
Speaker 13: Who's calling?
Speaker 1: Christian.
Speaker 2: I think it's a wonderful idea, so I'm calling in. You might remember me from shows like Changing Rooms the Original. So a gentleman called Kevin Grant contacted me on my Instagram page. He's an avid animal lover as I am, and I'd love to recommend a charity to donate this money, so called Animal Australia. And Christian, I know you're an animal lover. You've got a dog, a beautiful germanship is called niche, I believe, and I think that's wonderful that you support animals. So let's all support animals if we can. Guys get on board, support our charity and hopefully we'll be successful to donate some money to the animals animals in Australia.
Speaker 3: Nice one, Thank you, Susie.
Speaker 11: Oh hello, it's Mike Brady calling.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: This is Mike Brady, obviously a legend of have a listen to how was tracked down?
Speaker 11: Oh hello, it's Mike Brady calling. I've actually been asked by two individual people. One track me down by Internet. Her name is Louisa Gambin and her preferred charity is Hunting's Disease Charity. So look, I'm delighted to rung up. Next month is my big month. Of course, I'll be singing it PMCG for the Grand Final as I do each year. And I'm not going to sing a bit about the because because I just don't feel like it.
Speaker 19: At the moment, I thought he was the leading into, you know, doing a bit for us now, but I didn't fancy it.
Speaker 9: And the way he said it was like we've been badgering him. Come on singing, come on sing it.
Speaker 3: Just because you've asked me to.
Speaker 8: This is calling Christian sing So but thank you Mike Brady for giving us a call here because singing with you Jackman. Yes, it's been confirmed this morning was announced that I think it was Gil mcgloughan has announced a text than Jackman is going to be singing at the AFL Grand Final, which is an interesting one because twenty one show tunes in front of all the fifty fans.
Speaker 9: But look, the game is going to be shorter. Gil said, the game will be shorter, but.
Speaker 3: Just for ten minute quarters one final one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hi, it's a zequatroll. I'm calling you, Christian. My charity is NSPCC. Go and do what you gotta do, raise lots of money and I'll see you over there in October and November. I'm coming back down under. So best of luck with everything, and good morning or good evening, nice morning here at evening here, okay, bye.
Speaker 3: Bye, thank you, Susie quatro. So we're up to fifteen.
Speaker 9: We're broken fifty so forty seven, forty eight, forty nine to fifty fifty one, fifty one.
Speaker 8: It's amazing, you know, just on the even now. The last show with it tomorrow mornings. So thank you very very much. We'll give you Phil recap a about five minutes time before we head out of here. Of course they're still in nine fifteen minutes. You could still get celebrities to call in tomorrow morning. It finishes ten am and then went out to the top five over the weekend. You pick your winner.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 8: All right, just as we were getting ready to head into last fifteen minutes of the show, the clacks has gone off, which means there's someone on the line right now.
Speaker 3: For who's calling Christian good morning?
Speaker 15: Who's this good morning? It's Bernard's Fanning.
Speaker 3: Bernard Fanning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: How am I?
Speaker 10: Do you know what?
Speaker 3: Bernard?
Speaker 8: Since I started this show about fourteen months ago, I've been saying what a big fan I am of powder Finger but also your solo stuff as well, And I've been saying how I'd love to get Burner on the show one day to beg him, to beg him, to beg him to have a powder Finger reunion. But I a big fan of powder Finger and Tea and Sympathy is a great album by yours as well.
Speaker 15: Thank you, man, I appreciate that. Yeah, don't hold your bird for the reunion, so good to me.
Speaker 8: Well, it was good to have a little quick chat anyway. It's the quickest chat with that it's the time for the ten second into.
Speaker 3: And so what are you up to now? Bone are you still going to do more solo stuff?
Speaker 15: And yeah, I just I made a couple of records in a row last year in the year before, so I'm just kind of having a bit of a break and hanging out with kids, looking at the kids a little bit, and writing as I go. I also have a studio up here, so I've been producing a few records and doing that sort of stuff. So that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: How old are your kids bonded? What age are they at now? The right? So it's chaos.
Speaker 7: Attimes, Yeah, occasionally, you know.
Speaker 8: And did they ever pick up Dad's instruments or are they Are they all locked away in a cabinet?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 15: No, I've Fred the dramma and Gab the piano players. So they they're just getting starting to get into it now. They love me to go away above it and they're just kind of getting into lesson mode and all that sort of stuff. I'd tried to teach both of them, but they completely ignored any advice. I had to go to professionals who actually knew what they were talking about. But you know, it's a pretty interesting process watching kids, just the way they developed, the way, the kind of natural abilities they have, and the things that they're naturally good at and the things that they struggle with.
Speaker 3: And who has asked you to give us a call? Bernard?
Speaker 15: I'm a friend Lara.
Speaker 14: Meanwhile, who lives down there in I look next door to her mom?
Speaker 15: Actually?
Speaker 3: You know what, So what did a mum lean over the fence of good Bernard.
Speaker 9: Stop the kids playing.
Speaker 14: Drums in a digital manner?
Speaker 7: She did it.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's the way the world is.
Speaker 8: Is that how you now asked for someone about the neighbor to borrow a cup of sugar? You you instagram the message or dmm or something.
Speaker 15: Yeah, pretty much. I think that's how it works, even though I know, I mean, we try to make it the old to the way we make our children do our bdding, so say that we don't have to look like we're you know, herest responsible parents. We did actually borrow tomatours and then maybe on Saturday night because you're.
Speaker 7: Running way.
Speaker 3: Well and you said you send your kids to go.
Speaker 5: And do that.
Speaker 15: Oh god, yeah, I'm not going to do that. There's I'm not humiliating myself in front of the Navy.
Speaker 8: Are you worried that they're going to close the door and go what has happened to Bernie can't even afford ketch up. If only reunite with powder Finger, then you could be.
Speaker 3: It could afford ketch up.
Speaker 14: Look, there's no doubt that if there was a we would have a bark.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Bernard, just do a charity that you're supporting as well.
Speaker 15: Mate, Yeah, the Asylum Seky's Resource Center in Melbourne. They do great work looking after people who are very vulnerable, run run from harm and they they are a very undervalued charity in this country.
Speaker 14: So yeah, I'd love to love to put the money towards those guys.
Speaker 8: You're right, it's one of those causes asylum seecause people just sometimes to see them as a problem. They don't really understand that they've escaped danger and death and what you would do in that situation. They're people, Well they're not just a situation.
Speaker 15: Well, they're given a lot of people are given and choose to read information that's just simplely not true. Yeah. I mean I think you just have to really look at it in the most obvious and practical way, which is that people lives are in danger, and they're trying to perfect themselves and their families and places. The Resource Center are trying to help them adjust to life in a completely different country, culture and way of living. You know, they're they're trying to do what all of us, the kids are doing, which is make their lives as stable and happy as possible.
Speaker 3: Nicely said mate. And what does the rest of today Thursday look like for you? What are you up to?
Speaker 15: Well, I'm on the way actually to the golf course.
Speaker 8: I now understand why there's no real it's to reunite the powder finger.
Speaker 3: Let's tea time, no time, no time? Are you decent playing? What do you play off?
Speaker 8: What's your handicap for? I'm people who say that are normally very very good. You're a bandit in my book.
Speaker 15: No, I've no need Kelly.
Speaker 8: All right now, listen, Bernard. It's lovely that you give us a call this morning. And the way this works that everyone who calls him they leave a question for the next person whoever we look call from. And your last one was I don't know if in the ats you remember spanned out ballet or they're a bit before your time.
Speaker 15: No, I don't see you last week that was design, right.
Speaker 8: Okay, So Tony Hadley from Spandale Ballet gave us a call about two hours ago from London and he left this question, which is now for you you go.
Speaker 3: He didn't leave that one. Sorry, that's one of his great lyrics.
Speaker 6: If you had the chance to go on the first spaceship to Mars, would you.
Speaker 15: What kind of language am I allowed to use on this show? Has to be gray, doesn't it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that'd be nice if he could, Bonnet. Yeah, or the charity money will go to paying fines. Yeah, No, all right, fair enough, because you can't come back with that ship. They haven't worked out how to get you back. What's that you can't there's no one worked out how to get you back from Mars. There's a one way trip as well.
Speaker 15: That's exactly right. I've seen the Martian. I don't need to get involved in that on a real level. I can just go with the hollow exam and we need.
Speaker 3: A question from you, Bonett for whoever we get possibly tomorrow now on the last day of this.
Speaker 15: Okay, My question is will Steve Smith have time before the third test to we're just wearing a neck guard on his helmet.
Speaker 9: I hope we get an international started to answer that someone from a America has never heard of.
Speaker 8: We've got to explain cricket, explain Steve Smith, the knick injury from Joffra. He made it very hard for me on purpose, just because I asked if powder Finger are going to reunite. I hope you can't afford any more ketch up up there, barring boy Bonnet, and I hope you have a terrible rounded golf now, and I hope you lose the next test, which starts tonight as well.
Speaker 14: Right back at you.
Speaker 3: When this has ended. Nice now, Bernard, I'm gonna if you don't mind, I'm going to stick on There's one song I absolutely love.
Speaker 8: It became like an anthem when we all moved out here last year, my happiness, powder Finger.
Speaker 3: I'm going to stick it on. Now. Do you get some money for this? Can you afford some ketchup? If I stick this on now?
Speaker 14: Do you still get I think I might be able to get yes, hundreds of a bottle?
Speaker 3: Just a.
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 8: When I'm playing this, the next bottle ketchup is on me, Bernard, really nice at all? I have a good round of golf today, and bad luck in the next test night.
Speaker 15: Thanks very much, guys.
Speaker 3: All right mate, thank you Bernard.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 8: Three god one I four point three. Not a bad way to end today's show. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Who was the name of the bus?
Speaker 8: He mentioned the listener of ours and mum lives next all to Bernard Fanning and Byron Bay.
Speaker 7: You know it was.
Speaker 9: It was the listener's mum who lives next door?
Speaker 3: That's it? Well, I can't remember.
Speaker 9: Lara, Lara, Lara, Lara Lara.
Speaker 8: Wherever you are, I hope you can hear this. Thank you so much for bringing Bernard fan into the show. That was a real highlight for me the last two weeks, just as much of the bus. We'll get Hemsworth on and James Cordon and Tony Day, but getting Bernard Fanning on even though he doesn't want to reunite powder Finger today. What we have learned from today's chats is bands do.
Speaker 9: Stuffed to each other once they're dead.
Speaker 8: Poor Tony, upset by the other members of spandaut Bunny, did something that he couldn't even tell me on air. That was that was unspeakable, and now Powderfinger clearly I'm not going to reunite.
Speaker 3: However, never say never.
Speaker 9: I felt like he was going to hang up halfway through the court, Minchi.
Speaker 8: I actually did think it would be the ten second chat. The only thing anyone will remember is that do you remember that guy? He came on and he hung up on Christian within second days?
Speaker 3: Hey, why did you reunit Powderwing? That was great?
Speaker 8: Thank you very much that we are back tomorrow morning. It is the last show with who's calling Christian. I know we keep saying this, anything could happen, but we were getting ready just to play the montage with what had already happened this morning, and Bernard Fanning called in live from Bar and Bay. Anything could happen tomorrow morning. It's to last four hours with it. You've got all day today if you want to get to leave voicemails. But it's all about live tomorrow six till ten am. David Beckham has to be on at or Crawf will be doing his last ever fifty round up tomorrow with us, but twenty thousand grand is still up for grabs andds tomorrow ten am. Then we announcing our top five after tomorrow's show. Good luck today, I'm getting whoever you want on and thank you very much for all the efforts you make and try and get these people to give us a call.
Speaker 3: Awesome.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three