Speaker 1: Good pickup, Laura, come on in. Hello, Happy Thursday girl.
Speaker 2: Hello everyone, Hi Laura.
Speaker 3: I've had the most stressful day I think of my adult life today.
Speaker 2: But why do I feel like that's a gross exaggeration.
Speaker 1: It's real. Guess what's happened.
Speaker 3: I woke up, I did my skin care, I had a shower, washed my hair, and I styled it with my blow dryer, and I could see something sticking out of the top. And I do this every day, and I thought, what is that of fiberglass or something? So I as closely came to the mirror and I look in and I'm very young and youthful, of course.
Speaker 1: So this is when my shock comes in. I have a gray hair, just one Mitch.
Speaker 4: No one sympathizes with this, No one, I do. Have you never had a gray hair? Now your hair is colored? You couldn't tell anyway.
Speaker 2: I've never had.
Speaker 1: A gray No.
Speaker 3: The level with me is my first baby's first gray, baby's first gray.
Speaker 4: Wait until it's in your pubs.
Speaker 2: It's a rider. Does it happen? Of course it happens.
Speaker 4: What do you mean Your hair in your head goes gray, The hair on your beard gray first, and then the hair in your par.
Speaker 1: Or do you actually have gray hairs?
Speaker 4: I don't have gray pubes yet, but Matt does. My husband, he's got a couple of gray pews.
Speaker 2: He's devo.
Speaker 1: Gray pubes.
Speaker 5: It's okay, it's a rite of passage. We all have grays, we all go gray at some point. Just pluck it out. If it were no.
Speaker 1: I googled it and it said if you pluck it, more grow and it's spot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's definitely what I've been experiencing.
Speaker 2: No, I've got cub No, I've got who cares? No gray in your beard?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: So just one, just one on the top of my quick you can color that one hair.
Speaker 1: Then I pulled it out. I burned it. I don't want to look at it as too, I know, I know, learning experience.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, look coming up something more important than gray hairs. We have to do a very important segment, and that is where we answer your deep, dark and burning questions. And we have someone who was asked the question, is it okay to have adult time with your partner when your kid is asleep in the same room?
Speaker 2: Sexy time? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh god, good bet.
Speaker 2: I think it's going to be very polarizing one stick around for it.
Speaker 1: I think so too. That's next here at the pickup. Welcome to the show. I be Thursday.
Speaker 3: It is time for this, everybody. We do it every single Thursday. Ask Uncut.
Speaker 4: So our dun Cut is where you guys call up with your biggest, deep, as dark as problems and even though we have absolutely no qualifications, we.
Speaker 2: Do our best to answer them.
Speaker 4: We try, we do, and we do it every Thursday on Life on Cut podcast.
Speaker 2: Now we have Brie on the line.
Speaker 4: Brie, you're having an issue with your husband where recently you went on holidays and he wanted to do something with the kids in the room.
Speaker 2: Can you give us a bit of information on that?
Speaker 6: Okay, So we were on holiday and here we didn't we didn't. We weren't intimate because I don't I don't want to be intimate with our kids just sleeping in the room. He thinks it's okay to do it when they're asleep. I just don't know. I'm not okay with it? Are you okay with it?
Speaker 5: I do not want to be in the room you guys are doing.
Speaker 1: I don't want to watch that.
Speaker 2: How far away are the kids in the room?
Speaker 6: We could see them like tense.
Speaker 2: They're asleep though I'm guessing obviously not yet.
Speaker 6: I just don't feel comfortable and it got so tense.
Speaker 2: Understandably, How old are your kids?
Speaker 6: Two and four?
Speaker 7: Four?
Speaker 2: Sorry? No, I know.
Speaker 4: So what you're saying is that you guys are going on holidays, You're staying in a one bedroom hotel. You and your partner are probably in the main bed, and then your kids are in the single beds.
Speaker 2: Is that correct?
Speaker 1: Like they're they're.
Speaker 2: Obviously just in a big room together, so they're.
Speaker 1: Look, you're not eighteen, like god, a couple of days, I think there's an.
Speaker 3: Age not me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, yeah, it's my partner and we're like, we're going away again at Christmas, and he wants to book another room. I don't want them in another room. I don't want to put them in another room too.
Speaker 4: No, I mean I think that that's probably the best decision. I think if you're gonna go around holidays, you have to. When you've got two kids and one of them is going to be five potentially by that time, I think that the only solution is to try and book a place that's got two bedrooms, or at least it's got an interconnecting lounge room or something. Yeah, because I mean, look, I think that there's a grace period when kids are really really little, like they're in a bassinet little and they're asleep, and they are you know, too young to even comprehend what's going on. But if your kid can walk and talk and remember stuff, then there's absolutely no way I'd be risking getting down and dirty in a.
Speaker 2: Bedroom with the kids in there. It's just weird.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also what happened to kids club?
Speaker 3: Like, can't you just drop the kids off down a kid's club at the n overtel and then you get an hour to yourself?
Speaker 2: You don't do one am kids club?
Speaker 1: No, but you can't do it at night. Do it in the middle of the day.
Speaker 4: Okay, if you are going to do it at night, can you just like get in the shower or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll shut the door and go into another room.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's that's a really good idea. And in the day. Maybe we'll just have days next on holiday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, where are the kids solved?
Speaker 1: Her a problem?
Speaker 3: Next? Guy?
Speaker 1: Showering kids club?
Speaker 4: This is I mean, I look, I understand the conundrum, but for me, four year old jeez.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's not even a question. That's no strong.
Speaker 3: You've been quite quiet. You think it's okay? Do you You don't want to say it?
Speaker 2: No, I don't. I think it's obvious.
Speaker 5: I think if your kid can remember, you can't do it all for keep it in your pants and stay but she get home and have some privacy.
Speaker 4: You also just can't bank on the fact that they're going to stay asleep.
Speaker 1: That's the point. Yeah, that's all right, that's.
Speaker 6: Exactly my thoughts. So thank you for agreeing with me.
Speaker 1: No, that's all right. There you go enjoy the shower, BA your husband.
Speaker 3: Now, if you want to get in touch with this, you can for nine nine four four one six five cents a text and we'll get you on for ask I cut all right. Next, Oh my god, guys, I think I've come up with a heist. If you're into the fragrance market, like I fragrances in everyone's paying expensive money for all these fancy fragrances, I've got a way for you to get your favorite scent for free.
Speaker 2: Do you mean a hack not a heist? Because he is like a bank robbery.
Speaker 3: That's kind of like that. Actually, when you hear my tip, it's quite similar. I hackhis next. I've come up with a heist, right, You know how everyone's into fragrances at the moment, fancy expensive fragrance.
Speaker 2: When did this become a thing? Again?
Speaker 3: It's TikTok. You know, everyone wants to try. My boyfriend Stephen wants this tom Ford cherry fragrance. Beautiful, very nice, so expensive. It's expensive fragrance. Anyway, I came up with his grand plan to go to a bunch of different like fragrance stores at the local shopping center and get a ten mil sample at all the different stores. So then after five different stores, we got fifty meals and then it's free.
Speaker 5: And then what you poured them into something and made your own little concoction you could.
Speaker 3: Then you have to buy the bottle. Then you're kind of cutting your glasses.
Speaker 4: So then I just the amount of effort that is required to do this is to create your like the poor man's version of one bottle of perfume, and then you have what ten different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you also know you're at the point of a relationship that's really comfortable when I'm okay telling him.
Speaker 1: That like that, that's what you want to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because any other boyfriend will be like, hey, let me buy you this bak.
Speaker 1: He didn't.
Speaker 5: You're like, I want to give you the gift you've always wanted, but I don't want it enough to pay for it.
Speaker 2: So let's go around and steal ten pil which if I have said it once, I've said it ten times on this show.
Speaker 1: You were retirer, I know. So we got karma got it bag because we were at one store. We're at a mecca, right, a mecha do gorgeous, They've got everything, right.
Speaker 3: So I was waiting for this lady to get me my ten meal sample, which is very demoralizing because all they do is get the actual bottle and into this little tiny bottle in front of.
Speaker 1: You, do they Yeah, So she's there like.
Speaker 3: This bottle, and Steve and I are wandering around the stot trying on all the different samples, and we see this like super expensive handcare cream, like your moisturizer, right in your hand, and it's in this metal tube, this metallic tube. It's like thirty centimeters tall. It's gorgeous. It would be a couple hundred bucks. And Stephen says to the lady, can I try this? And she goes, it's a sample. You can try whatever you want, but I don't know if you'd want to try that one. And he's like, oh, no, I'll try it. So he gets his hand cream and he pulls it all over in the back of his palms and you know how you get both your palms together, slightening together, moisturized in the middle of the store. And then he goes, oh, goys, like, Mitch, this is it's like menthol like it's hot and I'm like, oh, really, maybe it's like deep heat or something. He's like, no, it's like really hot and gritty, like it's exfoliating. He goes to the lady, is this exfoliating? Is this getting all rid of on my dead skin? And she went, look, no, that's toothpaste. He's put toothpaste on his hands in the middle of a mecca.
Speaker 2: That is the stupidest thing I've heard.
Speaker 1: It gets worse.
Speaker 3: This lady is store manager, so she freaks out. She's clearly just had fresh w hate genness training.
Speaker 1: So she goes, we.
Speaker 3: Need to get the emergency's basin to wash her hands because she's afraid that he'll get like the second degree coldgate burn or something, so you know, like in the chemical factory.
Speaker 1: So they've got the emergency eye wash station.
Speaker 3: She grabs Stephen by the arm, pulls into this and washes his hands in the sink and gets all studdy.
Speaker 4: And go in your mouth and on your lips and your fine also imagining you just like like being pulled over. And all she sees in your bag is all your fifteen different samples that you've stolen of your tom Ford perfume.
Speaker 1: That's what I was worried, because we were causing all this ruckus.
Speaker 4: And this reminds me of the story girlfriend told recently where she went she had a perhaps me're done, and like you know they when you have peraps me done, they lubricate like the duck billy thing that they stick in you, right, And so then she goes afterwards and she goes, oh, I'm just gonna use the hand sanitizer, and she puts the hand sanitizer on her hands and she rubs it in, and then she's like, this hand sanitizer won't rub it in. And she's still standing there trying to rub it in, and the doctor turned around. He goes, sweetheart, that's lubricant.
Speaker 2: That's definitely not going to rub it cut.
Speaker 5: Laugh.
Speaker 1: But remember when you put hairspray on your arm pits.
Speaker 5: And then I put deduran in my hair where I got the hairspray and the deodor mixed up.
Speaker 2: I burned my under arms with hairsprayed and they stuck together.
Speaker 3: I'm speaking of chemistry. How's big sale this weekend for Father's Day? Next on the show, we're playing a spot of Father's Day Bingo.
Speaker 1: We're going to see how well we know our dads.
Speaker 2: I reckon, pretty dad here? Why would you do that?
Speaker 4: Because I'm calling my husband. You guys can call your dad's but I'm going to get but I'm not.
Speaker 2: Going, hey daddy. That's what Laura said, my dad, popsicle.
Speaker 1: Let's have this day bingo.
Speaker 5: Next on the pickup, it is time for Father's Day Bingo. It is so hard to buy presents, full stop, but to buy for your dad. So we thought what we would do here is call each of our dads off air separately, secretly ask them what they want for Father's Day, and then we as an individual, as a loving daughter or son, have to guess what they would have wanted, like how well do we know our own dads.
Speaker 4: And we're not doing your dad, Laura, Well, we're going to do my husband, Yeah, because he is a dad and I have to get him a present as well. But also this is the I think buying Father's Day gifts is the hardest of all the gift giving that there is. Women are easy to buy for, there's so many options, but when it comes to dads, it's like socks.
Speaker 2: Allow you can throw them, throw them some.
Speaker 5: Perfume or some alcohol, and most of them are happy shirt.
Speaker 3: I wish we had like Father's Day fates like you had in primary school as an adult. Remember in primary school was sorted for, you had mugs and socks.
Speaker 4: And I still wish I could give my dad just like a what are they called a macaroni necklace that you painted?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you probably love that, you know, he'd probably just love a text.
Speaker 5: What do you think miss Mark would want for Father's Day? He could pick anything, all right.
Speaker 3: Dad would want. He'd just say, I want, I want to I want active wear. I want a new walking shirt. Mate, just don't want a new walking shirt. Go to Rebel Sport and get me a new walking shirt.
Speaker 1: So you're locking that in walking in walking shirt.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see, how are you know?
Speaker 4: Ma?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 7: Can I be naughty or can I be normal?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: You are naughty normally.
Speaker 7: So oh god, i'd love I'd love a walking T shirt.
Speaker 1: No good, come on, I know my dad. I know my dad, but you actually got a t get it?
Speaker 3: Batman like father lights like he sweats through the pits in those walking shirts. Dad will walk and he's got such an under arm chafer that he burns holes through his walking shirts.
Speaker 4: I'm impressed that you know him so well. I mean, you do live with him and spend all your time with him.
Speaker 5: It is also the most generic present makes me happy.
Speaker 4: What would you What do you think Tony Hockley would like his father?
Speaker 1: He's a trade he runs a business.
Speaker 2: All to say three answers.
Speaker 4: No, you gotta just pick one or the top one toy I'm going.
Speaker 5: To I feel like there's a corny part of my dad that would have said something like I would just love all my kids to get together and be under the one roof. Like that's the corny version that he would say. But he's really into his fishing lately, like really into his fishing.
Speaker 2: And I can tell by the look on both of your faces, I got that wrong.
Speaker 5: I think he would be like a new fishing road or something like that, which one you need to look in. No, I'm looking the fishing rod in. But I just also think he would be corny.
Speaker 1: All right, fishing rod is the fish answer something?
Speaker 2: But what did Tony have to say?
Speaker 7: I would like nothing better than to have all the clean to gather up all the kids and grandkids, barbecue lunch, maybe somewhere we could able to have a swim, go to the beach, sit around, talk just to the fat, and enjoy the family for the afternoon.
Speaker 2: I knew my dad would be corny.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The sad part about this is that I had to break break it to him that you weren't going home for Father's Day and I am the next weekend.
Speaker 2: I'm going home a week late.
Speaker 3: We said that, and he said, yeah, she's going to dump the dog Delila or that's true.
Speaker 5: Yea, but that's can I just tell you I know my dad well, but that is to a tea.
Speaker 2: All my dad wants. He's the family together all the time.
Speaker 1: It's really mean.
Speaker 3: All right, now it's time for you, Laura Burn, Maddie Jay. The nation knows him. You guys felling low on the Bachelor, we know your love story.
Speaker 4: I think present shopping is the hardest thing. I do not know what he would want. But if I'm going to guess, I'm also going to go. Two things I'm going to go. I'm okay because one is a gift and one is an act of service. One might say a punchy.
Speaker 2: Shirt and a special caddle.
Speaker 4: A punchy shirt, like a shirt like alaural shirt or like it'd be a floral shirt, or it'll be Budgie Smuggers, would be something loud and like, you know, a tire.
Speaker 2: What a special or a special cuddle? You know, an adult cuddle from me? A hump he would want me to hump it.
Speaker 3: Do you guys not get it on that often that it's a gift?
Speaker 2: Yes, every time I do it, it's a gift.
Speaker 3: Mitch, all right, this is Maddie j. This is what he wants for Father's Day. Laura has locked in a bright shirt or a bright pair of Budgy smugglers, or a cuddle.
Speaker 7: You underwear got myself last.
Speaker 2: Forear you underwear? Who is that man? He doesn't even want a special cuddle. No, he said he pood his pants last week, so he need you. Did he say that?
Speaker 7: Actually underwear got myself last week?
Speaker 1: Shut himself last Yeah he did.
Speaker 2: I thought he said he bought them last week. My husband just came on radio and said he shot himself last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah he did. You guys need some therapy, clear.
Speaker 2: I agree. I absolutely agree with that.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Well, it's an happy Father's Day to all that celebrate this weekend. Enjoy yourself by your dad. Trust your gut. That's what we learned from this.
Speaker 1: Trust your gut.
Speaker 2: Don't trust Laura but not Lauris Carr. It's you got I or maths.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 4: But also it's such a beautiful day, Like I think it's really nice that you get to celebrate the important men in your life.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so go and get them something expect daddy.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go. Goodbye,