Speaker 1: Take a few glasses and apologize to us.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry, but I'm not taking on my glass.
Speaker 1: What's a procedure?
Speaker 3: This is Roden Gabby versus.
Speaker 4: The world.
Speaker 1: Fry. Yay, we did it.
Speaker 4: We're finally there.
Speaker 1: Five day week. Well done. Hello Gabby, Hello, welcome to your final shift with us today.
Speaker 5: Dance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good morning, and good morning to your of your joining uscross the greatest.
Speaker 4: Very happy about it? Oh no, yeah, I have a little.
Speaker 6: Bit excited for what's ahead, but that's still sad.
Speaker 1: If you are joining us for the first time. This is Darcy. He won't be here after today because you're your tenure wraps up as you decide to move to South America. I know you said you're gonna come back, but I for me in my mind's eye, you fine, love, you settle now, and you give us someone to visit on the other side of the planet.
Speaker 6: So you've got a hunch. I'm moving permanently to Mexico.
Speaker 1: And you're unwitting you're going to go over there. This happens, beautiful story.
Speaker 4: It happens to camera all the time. People go I just came to Cambra for a year, and I've been here for twenty that's.
Speaker 1: All the time. How does that happen? Do you come here, find love and settle down? I don't know, but certainly international adventure, anything can happen out there, mate. Yeah, I'm very excited for you, that's true.
Speaker 4: Also, if you're going for more than a month, you are moving there.
Speaker 1: Do you reckon?
Speaker 4: Yeah? If you go over six months, absolutely you're moving there.
Speaker 6: But it's not in one specific play.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, I can see you integrating into Mexican.
Speaker 6: Village life with no Spanish at all.
Speaker 4: Now, but you'll figure it out in time.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we've got a morning together, so let's get stuck into it here. I'm going to clickbait us as a city and I apologize. However, the NBL's coming back to Canberra.
Speaker 4: It actually is.
Speaker 1: I'm right, I know. But you hear that and you go the Canons are back. I'm not saying the Cannons are back, but we are saying, Darcy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well they're coming for preseason. All ten teams are coming to play over a weekend in August and they'll be doing all at ais Arena.
Speaker 4: So it's kind of like Magic Round for the NRL in Brisbane, but it's for the basketball preseason here in Canberra, so every team will play. I think there's like twenty games or ten games over five days or something like that. Ten games and it is going to be so good.
Speaker 1: It is going to be fantastic.
Speaker 4: I'm so excited. And this has to be a precursor for us to get a team back.
Speaker 1: It has to be correct.
Speaker 4: Why else would you bring the NBL to Canberra if we weren't looking at getting a team back.
Speaker 1: Correct. So since the jujap of the Ais, that's how Kieran Perkins, who oversaw the juja describes its. Yes, but nevertheless that's the sentiment and it's right since he's done such an incredible job. We've broken the national ice hockey attendance record and now the eyes of the NBL turned back to the nation's capital where the once upon a time three time national champions, the Canberra Cannons, called home, and we count down now to when we're giving the green light to get back in there. And there's been talks on the down low for the last twelve months about that, behind the scenes, and so we just continue to hold our breath for that. But NBL are saying we have not forgotten about you. In fact, the most exciting part of the preseason in the NBL is this Blitz, ye and it's coming his a three day festival.
Speaker 4: I am so excited.
Speaker 1: I'm very excited. A couple of years ago there was a young Cambra kid called Alex two who turned up to the Blitz. Obviously it wasn't here. He set the Blitz on fire. They said, this kid's the next big thing. And today he will be drafted into the NBA today, which is incredible. It's the draft pick today, so the drafts yesterday. He's going to go in the mid thirties and so is he Marris boy, is he? That's right? Twenty one? Incredible and he will get picked up today in Day two of the NBA Draft in the US. I don't know which team he will go to, but obviously you'll be keeping an eye on it in the Newstent. But it highlights the importance of this Blitz. You see obviously the star imports that are joining the competition for the first time, and then you see the stars of the future like Alex, who are young guys that may have grown up in Australian towns all around the place and are on their way to the biggest competition on the planet. So this is fantastic. Tickets gone sale nine thirty this morning, Yes.
Speaker 4: So nine thirty this morning and they're going to sell out real quick. So it's happening from Wednesday, the twenty seventh of August to the thirty first of August, so five days, two games per day. Was so good. I'm so excited about it.
Speaker 1: If you ever went to a basketball game when you were a kid or a grown up, I remember going and seeing the Southeast Melbourne Magic, the North Melbourne Giants. I remember going to the Canbra Crocodiles and the Cans Taipe hands over the years, and of course anyone who grew up here going to Canberra Cannons games. There is no energy in atmosphere like this.
Speaker 4: Every Cannons game as a kid, mainly to see the halftime performers.
Speaker 1: But you know, whatever, the motivation was.
Speaker 3: Rod and Gabby versus the world.
Speaker 1: What nineties pets is making a comeback? And what is a nineties pets?
Speaker 4: I knew you'd ask that question, because the nineties pet is making a comeback. People are really excited about this it's been seen in Kmart, it's been seen in some other toy stores, and it is sea monkeys. Oh okay, how excited here it is?
Speaker 1: I I think sea monkeys have been around longer than that. Oh you got your childhood.
Speaker 4: Around for a very long time. But they just have like these these lifts in popularity every now and then. Right in the nineties, it was huge, right massive, and then now and then they kind of had a lull, and now they're coming back and people are getting really excited about it.
Speaker 1: It kind of had a forty year thirty year lull. Yeah, that's a lull.
Speaker 4: Luckily in their little dehydrated eggs they don't, you know, expire before.
Speaker 1: Even before television. I remember if you if you ever go to a comic book store and they let you go back through the super old ones, like there's sixties comic books. They're mail away things that you can cut out from them.
Speaker 4: I think there's actually a sea monkey's comic from back in the day.
Speaker 1: Too, probably like you know, and but you'd also be able to mail away for X ray glasses and all sorts of silly things. But sea monkeys, sorry, cool super smart things like sea monkeys that were just popular there for so many decades. But have had a lull explain to me, by the way, because I've never had them.
Speaker 4: I had these back in the nineties and it's like this little container. They're like a micro shrimp. I think that's what they are.
Speaker 1: And so they are a living organised yea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's dehydrated eggsit you get in a packet and when you put them into the water and with the special I don't know formula that they make you stir in there as.
Speaker 1: Well, brings stuff to life.
Speaker 4: They hatch and they're really really tiny, and then they can grow to be I don't know, maybe the size of about four or five millimeters long. Like they don't get huge, but you can create little worlds for them whatnot. You've got to feed them every couple of days. You've got to airrate the water to make sure that they survive. As a nineties kid, you've got to have patients to get them to be big, and not many people.
Speaker 1: Did, especially nineties kids. That was the beginning of the end of the patients.
Speaker 4: You're right. And my sisters and I all had sea monkeys. We've got them for Christmas and my sister's friend hates me telling this story because she still feels bad about it to this day. But I was dedicated to my sea monkeys and I was really keen to see them get big. My sisters had given up on theirs, but I would say, no, I'm going to get these sea monkeys big. And then at my sister's birthday party one year, her friend accidentally knocked the container and spilt all over the couch, and to my sea monkeys were no longer, and I was devastated. And she still feels terrible about it to this day every time I bring it up. Because I do bring it up because it's funny.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure I mean in her defense, and I don't want her to carry, you know, this burden she's guilty any longer. Yeah, And I don't know for a fact, but I'm guessing that sea monkey has no, you know, sort of awareness memory. I wouldn't think so consciousness.
Speaker 4: I couldn't tell you you're the Vergio. You tell me, I gladly dream.
Speaker 1: That jug full of sea monkeys and not feel guilty for a Second's sick because the play tastes terrible, but I would drink. I mentioned I don't know a couple of weeks ago. North Melbourne supporters don't need to freak out. Your team's good, coach is great, You're going to be fine. And then they came out and they won as I kind of you know, forecast in a roundabout way, and none kid, everyone w Carlton is a disaster. I can't believe you're lost to North Melbourne. They're the worst, which now makes you the worst. Fire the coach. Now that is a that is a short summation of an entire season, perhaps even longer. But Melbourne, but Carlton supporters were banged for blood, you know, and you know, you know that your team can be good when you start shouting to fither coach. I'm a security supporter and now we have nothing to show for. You know, my entire lifetime of supporting.
Speaker 4: Them and changes of coach haven't helped.
Speaker 1: Correct And so now you know, we don't even say fire the coach. We go, well, what are we gonna do? We're to fire this guy and get another guy that can't get it done, stick with this guy. Just see what happened. But Carlton have had success you when a lot of their supporters were younger. And then they go, we want some more of that. We don't know what that's like. So we got.
Speaker 4: Anyway, you don't have the baseline.
Speaker 1: We don't have we have no reference. And so they went into last night's game against port with people going listen, they're gonna show up, get right, really pumped up. They need to show they've got some heart and some courage. And then they didn't score pretty much for half the game, and then they lost by a million goals by the end of the game, and so it was very bad anyway, bad from bad to worse. The news this morning that's being reported on the TV from out the front of Carlton HQ is going like this.
Speaker 7: Well, Blues fans are absolutely fed up, and that is evident because written on quite a number of the walls here at Princess Park is.
Speaker 1: Now written seems like a polite way of saying, spray painted slash graffiti haven't gone a little text up. It's not a little bit of chalk. This is there's someone's got a terrible job on their hands, having a scrub the HQ clean today.
Speaker 7: Graffiti starting with this sack the board that spray painted last night.
Speaker 8: There's also a number of other messages.
Speaker 1: Shot his Shavot supports and me might not even have an AFL team, you, Sydney boy, I have no idea.
Speaker 8: I don't know, including Sack Austin, sack Lloyd.
Speaker 7: That's the list manager Nick Austen and footy manager Brad Lloyd.
Speaker 8: Interesting to you though, it says Keith Voss.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that gets us to the bottom of who's done it?
Speaker 4: Who's boss?
Speaker 1: He's a coach, he says the world. Now this is good new good timing. So, Darcy, we had the big game with Penrith taking on Bulldog's top of the table last night and you just reported that Penrith got it done. What must have been an old fashioned arm wrestle. What was the final score eight to six, which is.
Speaker 6: Very low scoring across the whole game, but reports that I've seen across today. So it's the game of the season so far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you don't usually have an eight six final score where people go to the game of the season, but old fashioned arm wrestle. It sounds like it was.
Speaker 4: It was a struggle to the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and look great defense. I said this weeks ago. It was at last ten minutes of that game. I watched of the Raiders, and while it sounds like a boring thing to say, if you want to watch great defense, that was fantastic. Well, it sounds like this was a game of defense. And so halfway through the second half, the Pennies were still only on two, the Bulldogs were on six. And then the man they say is the best player in the world did.
Speaker 4: This charge down.
Speaker 1: It's clearing. We gets back, he catches eightest. God, she's good and I usually don't get around him. But he now puts the Raiders in prime position to go top of the table.
Speaker 4: That's why you love Cleary today.
Speaker 1: Today's's day. We as a city, we cared about that game more than we otherwise would have. Hayden, have you got the update on where tonight's game. If we win, we go top of the table. If we win on top of the table, that's it. We got to win, all right. The newsboys are all across it today. We'll cross back to the newsroom with both you gentlemen throughout the morning. Gee, you'd be loving amazing news. That maybe would be the greatest thing I've heard in my entire life. So no pressure to not clickbait to see Gabby but it is a dream of mine to see a Disneyland built in our great country.
Speaker 4: Well, I think we are a step closer. And this is me saying that this is not somewhere else that I've pulled that from. I think we're a step closer to having Disneyland in Australia because the US have trusted us to have the world's first Barbie cafe outside of the United States of America.
Speaker 1: Solid but nowhere near our own Disneyland.
Speaker 4: But the fact that they've trusted us to do that means that we're in good stead for a Disneyland.
Speaker 1: So where is the longboat drawer? I get it side as they love Sydney Harbor and so if they can put a pop up there, a Darling Harbor there or somewhere near the bridge or whatever, they think it's iconic.
Speaker 4: No, it's not in Sydney.
Speaker 1: Where is.
Speaker 4: It's in Melbourne. It's a Chadstone shopping center.
Speaker 1: It's in Chatty Shopping it is it's the.
Speaker 4: First ever Malibu Barbie cafe outside of the States. As I mentioned, it's only here for a limited time. They reckon it will stay open till at least summer. But you know, if it's really popular. I reckon it'll just keep going. But it's like stepping into your own Barbie dreamhouse, like life size version, and they've got like a pink Barbie scooter out the front, and everything's very Barbie centric and it's very cute and I really love it. But I just feel like, you know, America, our owns Disneyland. I know that it's in other countries, but in every country except here originated in America. I feel like this is them dipping their toe into Australia to see how the Barbie Cafe goes, to see how much we get around it, and if we do, then they might say, alright, at this time.
Speaker 1: You're giving us some hope. So Mattel, who owned Barbie, are not even mid They're deep through construction of their first theme park in America. And so you think about Mattel and so that roller coaster is going to be the hot Wheels, rolling awesome, Barbie Land will be in there, Masters of the Universe Land will be in there, and so all those incredible assets that Mattel have, Okay, I'll take in Mattel World. Okay, Okay, there you go.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're not super disappointed? Are you a little bit.
Speaker 3: Versus the world?
Speaker 1: And good morning to produce Chelsea, good morning. As a Perth girl, do you feel pride with Perth making the news today for the pub thefts or shame?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Pride, pride and really if we all think about it, I mean, none of us will, with the exception of some you know, like fingered people who are like the five finger discount. None of us steal anything. But after you've had a skinful of the pub and you're a youngster, for whatever reason, someone wants to steal the eight ball from the pool table. Someone thinks, oh, it's more glasses at home, because you probably do. You're in a sharehouse or whatever, and you're swipe stuff from the pub.
Speaker 4: I haven't woken up the next morning with stuff in my bag, but I swear it was me right. People are sneaking stuff in.
Speaker 1: I'm sure who knows how. The point is, it's a great slash shame for all ossie tradition to get on it be young and steal stuff from the pub, and Perth is keeping that tradition alive today. Yes.
Speaker 9: So in Lancelin, which is about an hour north of Perth, a video has gone viral from a tavern. It's got like twenty seven million views on Instagram of these blokes stealing the bar mats from the tavern, like one by one, just sneakily going up and like taking the bar mats. And they ended up taking the AFL premiership flag as well.
Speaker 1: I touched the premiership flag. That's where they draw when there's going to be trouble. Okay, but it would be so sticky, they'd be sticky, they'd be they'd.
Speaker 9: Be the video of how they do it, one by one stealing.
Speaker 1: So the security footage from behind the bar.
Speaker 4: And it's one of those bar mats that's like a material bar matt, by the way, not like one of those thick rubber ones. Well, no, they are underneath. Yeah, I think there's just different ones.
Speaker 1: But they're a long they're a long bar rudder. Yes, okay, So it's looks like it's a hearneken matt there and it's quiet because it's silent, I should take it as a security camera. And old mate is it's.
Speaker 4: Got a bit stuck. Well, there's sticky a the MAT's just trying to.
Speaker 9: Act so casual about it, but like they're probably having the biggest laugh. Look at them shoving them in a woolwortz bag.
Speaker 4: I might mention that they've pre planned this.
Speaker 1: I planned nothing. They've got no. I'll tell you why this isn't. This is when you hear the term daylight robbery. Have a look at this footage. It's the middle of the day. And so if you have ever indulged in in a late night pub swipe, it's late night and the place is packed and no one sees anything, right, you wake up and get home Like Gabby, I don't even know what happened with all this stuff. There is no one else. There's like three or four of these boys.
Speaker 4: It's like a Sunday session or something. Yeah, and what is the jacket over the bag?
Speaker 1: The stiest looking blokes, they're smiling, they're looking sideways and this I guess the flag right? Okay, so now the attempt to try and steal the premiership flag from the local footy.
Speaker 9: Club up the back of the jumper.
Speaker 4: That's actually that was the most they've been so far.
Speaker 1: That was pretty good. It is it's it's turned into a crime spree at this stage. I reckon they're up to about eight bar mats.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think stolen. He just folded up one of the bar mats and put it into the back of his pants. He would have the grossest drippings down his boat crash. That was a really bad idea.
Speaker 1: At a certain point in this, you know, this escapade, you don't know what you're doing.
Speaker 4: But he's going to wake up in the morning. He's going to go to the loop and he's going to go, oh my god, am I sick?
Speaker 8: Like what is this?
Speaker 1: That's all right, it's a bar You're the Sticky Bandits. Have you heard of the Sticky Bandits?
Speaker 4: Start briefing just then, come on, has no one seen Home Alone? Have you seen Home Alone?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So in the first Home Alone, they're the Wet Bandits. When they rob the joint, they turn all the taps on and the basement's all flood and everything. They call themselves a wet bandits. Oh they've got a curly haired guy decides that's a name, and the bald guys, I know we're not. That's silly. He doesn't anyway, And then in New York for the second Home Alone, he decides they're the Sticky Bandits now and he does double sided tape around his hand and as they go past the donation tints, he sticks his hand in and comes out with all the coens and so he decides their name is now the Sticky Band.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So this was brought up because we've been covering the thirsty thieves in Perth. I don't know if you saw these guys. See apparently twenty seven million people around us, around the world, around the eyes of the world have turned to Perth. And so we were just taking a look at this security footage from behind a bar like in some outback pub, like an hour north of Perth. What's let's go to produce a Chelsea. What's the name of this township up there?
Speaker 4: It's Lanceloon, Lanceloon, I just want to say Lancelot.
Speaker 1: Well, it's Lancelot and so Lancelo and they had the premiership flags. Obviously the local Lanceloon teams won the cup. The what's the Lancelo and footy team called up there? Chelsea?
Speaker 4: I would have no idea what animal starts with.
Speaker 1: L the Lions, the Lanceloon Lions, all the Lanceloon.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: That's a funny name. The Lancelo and Lemurs have won the premiership and so a few blokes depart in the middle of the day which turned into night, just got on it progressively through the day. They started stealing the beer mats and then they ended up stealing the premiership flag and then they did a run up. Anyway, so you won't be surprised to learn over in w A. This is big enough news that Perth TV has picked up on it. So this is nine News Perth. This is part of the report from last night. I think they're talking with the owner of.
Speaker 9: The up the Lanceloin pub left nine bar mats short.
Speaker 1: Jade, my office girl, she put together a little bit of a real and posted it just a pretty much name of shame and try and get them back. That's gone viral.
Speaker 9: The video posted on the tabin social media has now had more than ten million views.
Speaker 1: This is so Australian that to try and name in shame they put the video up and these guys are being hailed as legerd for stealing.
Speaker 4: But not only that they put out the reel, but at the bottom they were like, bring the bar mats back and we'll give you a pint, So they weren't really in that much trouble.
Speaker 1: We are shaming you and if you've got enough front to turn up and have your beer of shame, we will put the bill on it. You better believe we're going to drink a beer in shame. Absolutely every beer ultimately ends up being a beer of shame. It's pretty huge for us and our Instagram followers. Its tripled.
Speaker 4: I want to go all of a sudden, well, this just in.
Speaker 1: The lancelom Lemurs are changing their name to the Beer Bandits and the Thirsty Thieves will be their mascots. This has put Lancelon on the mak. Okay, that's the best bad news story that we'll have today, unless Darsie comes up with something else in the next half an Hour'll catch up with you, Dan, Mate, God.
Speaker 3: And Gabby Versus The World.
Speaker 1: Stranded on Honeymoon Island began at the start of the week. We had one of the stars on after she nearly drowned in the first five minutes of the show, and we knew we were I don't know, peaking early, or we're in for something special.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well we thought so. But it turns out that other people didn't think it was quite as good as we did, because the following or the viewership definitely fell off for the second episode. So episode number one was on Monday Night and there was over five hundred thousand people that watch that, and then episode two was Tuesday night and it went down by a couple of hundred thousand. So that's a really bad indication of how it's going to go for the rest of the season, to the point where Channel seven have decided to push it back on Monday night. It's not going to be on at seven thirty, It's going to be on at eight thirty, which is really unfair. Like two episodes in, you can't make that kind of call to push it to a later time slide.
Speaker 1: Well, they'd have enough experience. Let's go to the ratings. So this was Tuesday night numbers, was it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tuesday Night. I think it was three hundred thousand viewers on Tuesday night across the country June twenty four.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. Where are they?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: They are? Yeah, they are, that's maybe ten or eleventh.
Speaker 4: Three hundred and seventy six, right.
Speaker 1: It's they use just woulds look where they are and relative to the other shows because they use metro and non metro numbers and all the stuff. It'll be confusing, But look as far as being indicative of where they landed on night too. If you're the thing that they've invested all this time and primo money in, and you're beaten. We didn't even know Master Chef was still on, and they were beaten by Master Chef and Honeymoon.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Home and Away is up there, and honey and Stranded on Honeymoon Island literally goes off the back of Home and Away, So you'd think that they would kind of keep those numbers.
Speaker 1: No, No, it's okay, yep. That answers the question why.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, and the other controversy has come out. We were talking about this earlier in the week that the camper guy Tom Brown, who's on Stranded on Honeymoon Island, we were checking out his Instagram and since filming he has met a woman who was on Survivor, Australian Survivor. They have had twins and gotten married, So in the time that it's taken for them to film and actually put it on TV, he's lived a life.
Speaker 1: All that said, he's he's found love, got married and had babies in a pretty tight time frame.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's very it's like within a year that that's happened. It looks like they got pregnant and had the babies and then tied the knot soon after that. But it's all hit the national media now that that's happened. And normally these reality stars have to keep their private life off social media until airing has completed, and normally their social media is actually controlled by the network. But I think because they took so long to put this to air, like it was meant to be put on TV six months ago at the start of the year, and they pushed it back by six months. You can only hold onto people's instagrams for so long and expect them not to post their life on their own personal social media for so long, and so they've just gone, oh whatever, I do what you want on your socials and everyone's like, well, we know the result of most of these stories because of their social media, So why would we watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and as humans, we love a surprise, but if we can ruin it for ourselves.
Speaker 4: We will and we have.
Speaker 1: We're looking forward to Monday night. Season three of Parental Guidance kicks off, and gee, I watched that show because you know, I learned things and I try to apply them and there's another part of me as a parent that goes this is terrifying, terrifying, and I wonder how Ali Lange and the host goes with us with it. We're lucky to have her joining us. Now, Ali, good morning?
Speaker 5: Did I Gooday? Guys, I'm a little bit like you. I just watched it and going, man, I am screwing these kids of mine. You know they have me on the show is I can make every other parent feel better that they're doing as a little You know, no matter how bad it gets, you doing a better job than Ali. I swear this is the third season included for that take you to dawn on me. It's like, oh, I finally get why I'm here.
Speaker 4: You're the control, You're all of us. But being the third season, now, like, have you actually learned things off the show that you've gone home and tried to implement? And I very much highlight the word tried.
Speaker 5: My husband always says that I am an amazing parent. For the month after I do this show, you I go back to my old trusted ways. But no, you learn, you learn a lot. I think I particularly when I did the first season, my kids were pretty little and so and we hadn't even really thought about how we parent, so they just kind of we at least had that conversation in the house as to sort of, you know, how we parents and all and and this season it's entirely different because obviously we've talked about smacking, do you smack, don't you smack? And once you've done all that, you've done it. So this time we've broken it down into four topics. It's screen time, peer pressure, body image, and mental health, which are kind of just the really big ones that all parents are facing, kind of regardless of the age of the kids. So it's a bit different this time around. But I've learned the most from this one. This one's been the biggest eye opener.
Speaker 1: I think this is the one for us that's going to perhaps be the most valuable but not maybe definitely the most confronting. But the reality is we bury our head in the sand and we can't help. So we need to get on the journey with our kids. Have you had a moment in this season where you've perhaps felt overwhelmed. It's all good and well to be reporting on it, but we just instinctively then go, hang on a second, how does this apply to our kids.
Speaker 5: There's there's been some really big moments like that, because there's there's there's been a lot that happens in that room. There are some big discussions. There are some big discussions around consent, which that for me in that room was an eye opener just hearing how some of the parents were talking. We're like, holy hell, we got a long way to go. Wow, you know, and and then some of the stuff we were doing only screen time, because I feel like our room's kind of divided. You've got we've actually got the one set of parents who are called protech and you know, actually the kids actually make money from what they do online at all. They're sort of almost one extreme. And then you've got quite a few parents in there who are so anti tech, and you realize that's a big problem too, because our kids are going to access it and be on it, and if we don't know what's going on with it, So there are there are flaws in sort of both really, and I know that I kind of lean anti tech and sort of go don't we kind of get it and I don't like it. I find it overwhelming. This just made me realize, like, holy crap, and I need to get across this and anything my kids are talking about. I need to know it. I need to be able to navigate it because there's some there's some there's some pretty eye opening stuff around like chatbot friends and AI. That for me was and that's in episode one. So that's that's our that's our first show. That's part of it where you know how we kind of like we're just behind the eight ball with social media and like our kids got on it and we realized, oh, this is this is pretty damaging in this way, in this way, this is go like, this is kind of the next thing. So we cross it. Yeah, we really do. It was I mean, terrifying in some ways, but then it's like, Okay, now I know about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, correct knowledge is power, right, Yeah, and I get the parents everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there'll be there'll be parents listening. Now they go, oh, that's it's too much to cope with. But overcome that challenge yourself, do the hard thing, watch that first little bit, and then all of a sudden you're in the game.
Speaker 4: I'm where you were for first. You're too hard.
Speaker 5: It's not too hard, like it's not too like we're dealing with kids and needs of challenges with kids, and we've got psychologists who work with it. So it's not like, oh, I can't watch this because this is going to be way too heavy, Telly Like, there's some fabulous light moments and all in it too, but the conversations are just kind of you know, we say that they're the ones we actually have to have.
Speaker 4: I'm where you were for first season Ali, where I've got a really young child and I'm still figuring out what parenting style i have. So I'm like really intrigued by the names as protech, active, upfront authority. What is the hard way parentee?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, I loved these guys. It is literally, if there is an easy way to do something, we don't do that. We go the hard. Like every meal is cooked from scratch. The kids are involved in in, in, in everything. It is just to everything you apply in life, do it the hard way.
Speaker 4: No, I'm barely surviving trying to do it the easy way, I.
Speaker 5: Know, and it just instead And I'm looking at me, so you don't you don't like take away?
Speaker 4: No, I know that's not the parenting style.
Speaker 1: I'll be taking no, but.
Speaker 5: You learn so But I sat there going I wish I could be like them, and and then you just go, nah's but their kids. But you see the benefit. You see the benefit of the effort they put in. You see, you see you see the reward. I mean, and looking all the kids are beautiful. But so yeah, you'll look at it and you'll aspire to be like that. But I can promise you.
Speaker 1: Halfway there and we've done better than we otherwise would and that's the goal. This is a fantastic show. Season three Parental Guidance Monday Night, seven thirty on nine and then of course we can get it on demand on nine. Now. Congratulations gold Logi. We're going to put our vote for you. You're doing the most amazing important work on the TV and you always, you know, you look like you're having fun. So well done. That's a really big deal.
Speaker 5: Oh look, you know I am having fun and that's the key to it, right, You're have a sense of humor in this job. Yeah, and it is fun. So I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Fantastic the great Alley Langdon. We'll talk soon. See on the TV Monday Night.
Speaker 5: Thanks guys, Rud and Gabby.
Speaker 1: Versus the World in the UK, The polar Opposite of what we're experiencing with our feels like minus eight to start. They have a heat wave, remembering, of course a heat.
Speaker 4: Wave for them is very different to a heat wave for us.
Speaker 1: Yes, so they're got used to hot temperature. Here's the quote, the UK is in the midst of a heat wave, regularly experiencing thirty degrees celsi as temperatures.
Speaker 4: I shouldn't laugh because that can actually be deathly for them. But rast we're like, that's just like spring. I look to Darwin with.
Speaker 1: Their thirty one top the Sarfner and that looks beautiful up there, doesn't it. Anyway, So footage of the cost COEs over there is blowing up on social media, but you can get the bulk waters and so people are going bananas over there.
Speaker 4: Oh they're getting like huge, it's like crates of water.
Speaker 1: Yes, as are they.
Speaker 4: That's what my husband brought me to put in my car because I'm constantly buying water out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's to say hydrated. I mean the panic over there with the temperature soaring to twenty eight degrees twenty nine.
Speaker 4: They're not equipped to deal with twenty eight and thirty. It doesn't houses are not built for the heat. They're built for the cold, so they don't have proper air con and ventilation of that kind of thing, so they do struggle a lot.
Speaker 1: Is there something? Is there something when you're not used to it that you're more likely to keel over as a result of a thirty degree temperature though? Or is the body okay?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 4: People do die in these heat waves in the UK and Europe. It does happen. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Produce a Chelsea welcome back. Thank you. You have a cool game for us that we can all play wherever you are if you're in a relationship, and it's called Chelsea's Wedding Last Name Game. How does this work?
Speaker 9: So the game is you play rock paper scissors and the winner is the winner of the last name that you the wedding couple takes home.
Speaker 1: Right, So you can do it at the wedding. You can do it now, which saves you're doing it at the wedding now.
Speaker 4: We been doing it at the wedding's high stakes. It's far better.
Speaker 1: It's stakes that is. There needs to be a willingness. Gaby, you've kept elgood.
Speaker 4: I have kept my last name, and you know I would have loved Okay. When I first saw this, I was like, I love this. This would have been great. I would have definitely done this. And then I thought more about it and I was like, no, because if I lost, I would have refused to change my names. I would have loved it if I.
Speaker 1: Won, right, Yeah, I would have loved this. So my husband became an elder. I get that back and go either way. Mate.
Speaker 4: We did have a robust conversation about who got their last name for the kids, and maybe this could have solved that because we were still arguing, not arguing. We're still having a conversation about it even after Olivia was born as to which last name she would get, and the decision we came to, and I think rock paper Scissors would have been a far better idea because the decision we came to was if we had a girl, it would be Neb's last name, and if we had a boy, it would be my last name because there's no boy Elgoods in our family, so that last name may potentially die out very quickly.
Speaker 1: Some thinking there.
Speaker 4: And so then we had a girl and I was really devastated that she wouldn't have my last name, and I regretted that conversation.
Speaker 1: I don't think this game is a good idea unless either of you, you know, don't care.
Speaker 4: You both can't care, you both both have to be really blase and go don't care. We'll just pick one. Let's go.
Speaker 1: Chelsea is one of four girls in your family? Or with his last name Boothman, as there've been in a discussion about whether or not there'll be a name flip, let's just apply it to you and Jared. What's his last name?
Speaker 4: Thatcher?
Speaker 1: Thatcher? Yeah, that's a fantastic.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and my middle name is Margaretta.
Speaker 1: Do that, Chelsea Margaret Thatcher.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's so bad.
Speaker 1: You're the wrong personal terrible. Yeah, you've got a lot to gain by changing. Yeah, I mean, and I know your dad listens. We love the last name Boothman.
Speaker 4: It's a fantastic, but it's not Margaret Brouthman isn't a famous politician.
Speaker 10: No, no, And he didn't know this combination of things was going to happen all these years down the track, So you would change to margaritecture? Yes, yes, okay, all right, so see people, you guys care, But clearly this couple, this isn't just a hypothetical. This is making news today because a couple at the wedding in front of all the guests is gone.
Speaker 1: It is on rock paper scissors. We're about to decide on missus.
Speaker 4: Rock or rock papers.
Speaker 9: They're calling it row Chambeau.
Speaker 1: That's funny, though, use let's go all right, let's let's see how this couple goes here in front of all the guests. I assume that it doesn't mean that much to either of them to do it in such trivial way. I don't know if one of the guests has got this voice or this has happened in the UK, but I like it's a great point, mate. It's rock paper Rochambeau. Here we go, one, two, three, al right, round one and he's gone.
Speaker 4: The sus must be must be doing best of three.
Speaker 1: It's always roe sham bo best of three. That's what it means. It means all right, it's old mate, he's a peer, and no one cares if you've got a normal last name. There's nothing to be gained or lost between the pierces and the hunters.
Speaker 4: Except.
Speaker 1: It's tight. He went for a rock, she went for the paper. This is It comes down to this, alright, around three, she's done and he becomes a hunter. And he went for the paper, she went for the scissors. And he doesn't care. He's just married the love of his life.
Speaker 9: You have to keep playing it so we can see his reaction.
Speaker 1: Okay, hat, he's disappointed. He's so disappointed, he's he doesn't care.
Speaker 4: He does, He absolutely cares. And do you know what, I really wish they'd done pan the camera around to see his family, because I bet you his parents care. My my nana in law, my nanner in law. We made a pack that we would never tell her that I didn't change my name because she would be so upset. And so she sends me mail and I am missus Andrews.
Speaker 1: Wants trying to like recruit for the Andrews team.
Speaker 4: What does It's so old school that for me not changing my name would be such a thing for her that I'm like you, only you know you're older. You don't need that argument in your life.
Speaker 1: As of twenty twenty three, in Australia, seventy three percent of women still change their name, so it's still the norm. But I'd like to see more of this. I want to see more of this I'm more weddings if we are rock paper scissoring.
Speaker 3: God and Gabby versus the world.
Speaker 1: Beautiful start to the end of the week, and made even better by the news that we are one step closer to returning to the NBL. I'm assuming part of that.
Speaker 4: Oh absolutely, it's a good assumption.
Speaker 1: But it makes sense today, Darcy, what's the big news.
Speaker 6: So the NBL is having a blitz at the Aas Arena in late August. They'll have across five days, all ten teams playing twice, I believe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, two games per day for five days.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so very exciting. It's the first time in a while. I don't know how long since that's happened, but Andrew bart says he's very excited himself.
Speaker 1: All Right, Wednesday, August twenty seven at the Wildcats. So that's going to produce a Chelsea here. We know that she's the West Coast Eagle. You guys over there, you're right into the Wildcats because you win a lot of championships, right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Like there's a lot of home games in Perth at rac Arena.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, you're making the big track.
Speaker 4: Across the debut debut game, and.
Speaker 1: So you're against the Tigers. They call themselves Melbourne United now but they'll always be the Tigers to me. The thirty six is from Adelaide and the Illawarrahawks. It's a great thing about the NBL. You've got a couple of provincial size, yes, cities that have teams in the comp and illawar I've always been a great team. And so that's the double header on the Wednesday. Then the Bullets, the famous Brisbane Bullets against the Sydney Kings.
Speaker 4: Sidney Kings were my team after the.
Speaker 1: Cannons were that. Yes, well they were a glamour team and they still are with the same colors as the Los Angeles Lakers. And of course the young fellow from Can has been playing for them for the last a little while, Alex Towey. He'll be picked up in the NBA draft today. Sat a couple of great seasons with Brian gorsh in there, who was the Australian coach, and he's got him ready for the biggest of big league. So we'll give you news about that across the day. And then on that Thursday, August twenty eighth, Can mckenn's got kicked out of the comp for a hot minute, as so many of us have. Like us, they were then turned up again for a couple of seasons, and then they got back I wonder if that was a round COVID. They got let back in. And then the newcomers, the famous Tasmanian jack jumpers. That's going to be cool.
Speaker 4: What's that name from jack jumpers?
Speaker 1: Is it like the jack jumper? Is it a bug?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: I don't know what's a jack jumper? Is it? Is it a marsupial?
Speaker 6: I'm going to say it's a bug jack jumper.
Speaker 1: It's something down there. Anyway, they're a great team. And then the old Magic, the now Southeast Melbourne Phoenix. The kiweeds are coming over. The Breakers will play, and then it's Hawks and Wildcats again. What is it an It's an ant? Is it a jack jumper? Not particularly leaf, but they're very strong. Ants can relative to their size.
Speaker 4: Yeah, can hold like eighty time said body weight or something.
Speaker 1: So that's going to go on for a bit, and Gabbie, I wonder, this is the final chance for you to have a redo in life after As a little girl, all you wanted to do, all you wanted to do growing up was to dance at halftime.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 4: My family a huge basketball family. So herb mcgeachen played for the Cannons for fourteen years and his son's played basketball with my sisters and the road Runners and yeah, and one of his sons coached, and it was a whole thing. So massive basketball family, and we'd go to every Cannons game. But I was really young and into dancing. I was a black sheep of my family. And we'd go and I'd be sitting there and I was so young. We'd go in the torrago and I'd be with my dad and the halftime performers would dance, and afterwards he'd look at me and go, what do you rate them? And I'd give him a school out of ten, I'm like seven, giving him a like nine point five. But it was always the one dance school in Cambra. It was Legs Dance School that always had the honor of doing the halftime performance. But I was at the Bung Indoor Dance School, so I never got that chance, and I was so envious because I just wanted to be out there.
Speaker 1: Did the Bung Indoor Dance School ever get the call up? When the Green Machine were playing its seafe. No, you never right, that would have been nice of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we never can for anything. So I don't know if that was a thing because of our skill or just our location could have been either. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, we can't go back, all right, So I'm hearing you want more time. So you're saying, if the Cannons are let back into the camp, if the okay, yep, right, you will dance at half time?
Speaker 4: Sure, if that is something that gets the Cannons.
Speaker 1: Over the line, Oh this is this is Bolsted the bid all of a sudden, hasn't it.
Speaker 4: I'm not doing it to the Blitts. I can tell you that right now. But if the Cannons get back, yes, right, if not even game for the Blitz, No, it has to be the Cannons.
Speaker 1: I hear what you're saying that it can only be the Lifelong Dream has made halftime performance for the Cannons. Okay, I wish I could just confirm this right now. You can't, but it's definitely a work in progress. The NBL turns its attention back to.
Speaker 4: Bars, like, well, if Gabby's going to dance, we got.
Speaker 1: It to we go to this. I wasn't even trying to make this happen, but now got to do it. I'm going to make a whole lot more effort that I have there. The can bearn who's been scammed is Gabby, and this is a concern for all of us. However, you reckon we all would have formed for the same thing, which I reckon alarming.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know if everyone would have, but you would have definitely.
Speaker 1: Well, I think we all would have.
Speaker 4: So it's my wedding anniversary on Sunday, and I had bought something for my husband because it's a leather theme for the third anniversary.
Speaker 1: So I bought him.
Speaker 4: I don't even so I had. You know, every wedding anniversary has a thing that you're meant to buy a gift around go on. So third wedding is the traditional is leather, but the modern is crystal or glass. So he's got it easy. He can just get me some scrotsky jewelry so.
Speaker 1: Easy you can't believe it a gift.
Speaker 4: So I had to get creative and trying to figure out what I could get him that was leather all right. Anyway, I bought the gift, but I knew it wasn't going to get here in time. And I saw something else that popped up on my Instagram feed that was also in leather, and I was like, all right, I'll quickly get that because it's same day delivery and at least i'll have something to give him on Sunday until the real gift comes.
Speaker 5: Goodness.
Speaker 4: So I bought it, and I'm pretty sure they've taken my money and run. I don't think I'm getting this gift because they said same day delivery. I have had no confirmation that it's been sent or I've got a confirmation of purchase. That's it. And then radio silence. So what it was is this ad came up on my feed of this cool little leather wallet. It's like just for your cards for nothing else. That's really slim line, but it has a cutout in it in the shape of Batman's mask, so when you slide your license into it, your face is Batman's.
Speaker 1: This is the greatest gift.
Speaker 4: Herul is thing, right, and so I'm like, he'll love this. At the same day of delivery, I'll have it. Can he can get it on Sunday and then the real gift can come next week. Perfect so I bought it, and I could do it with Apple pay, which I feel like is a bit of a safeguard because they don't get your details then because it's through the third party. So I was like, all right, we're good, we're safe. They're not stealing my card and hacking my bank account. We're all good. So I did it. But I'm pretty sure they've just taken that. It was eighty dollars.
Speaker 1: More than Batman exactly.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure they've just taken that eighty dollars and they're like thank you and moving on.
Speaker 1: And I think I'm getting it, but Apple Pay, I'll get it back. Oh it's like PayPal, like they'll give you the money back and then they'll chase them up, not neither. You'll get this. This will be all right, don't talk down Batman Leather Wallets.
Speaker 4: It's been four days and I've heard nothing. So I'll report back after our holiday and let you know if Batman Wallet came or not.
Speaker 1: Is every license in the world, does it position the person's frie That's.
Speaker 4: Another thing I don't know. And then I've looked at the reviews and they're like, oh, it's not great quality. I'm like eighty bucks a better be good quality.
Speaker 1: You don't respond to a review by going, well, you'd better be wrong.
Speaker 3: Not in Addy versus the world.
Speaker 1: And this is the moment Darcy's last news chat with US seventy five shows. Darcy, congratulations seventy five. Today is your seventy fifth show.
Speaker 4: And only three that you were in isolation for.
Speaker 1: Oh well, well, well remember the time Darcy started the shift and he sounded sick and I freaked out and we had to build another studio very quickly, and then you were stuck there for a week. What a memory that was. What are the other big memories from the last seventy five shows with us?
Speaker 6: I don't even know where to pinpoint it. I've just had so much fun since the start of this show, since you guys started in feb I believe we were talking about before, but it's just, yeah, the most fun I've definitely had at Amplify. And thank you so much to both of you for giving me this opportunity, because it's just been awesome. Every morning, it's much easy waking up.
Speaker 1: Well, it's very kind to say, Spoker, and we feel very privileged to have had you. I remember Kraichi twenty three years ago I started my commercial radio. This sounds more dramatic with this music, but I started my commercial radio career and we had a fantastic newsman of the Central West out there in Clint Brannigan, and I didn't know a different world. I thought that breakfast radio always had a news person integrated into their show.
Speaker 4: Not the case.
Speaker 1: Well, then I got the call up to Townsville and I learned real fast, No, no, you don't get that, and.
Speaker 4: Not many places do anymore, at least no.
Speaker 1: And I've been insistent ever since, from going to Townsville and they're ninety six a m. In Perth to always have someone from the newsroom integrated into the program. And so we were very privileged because it is a privilege, certainly not a rite, when we came here to have you as part of the SHOWMATEE so seventy five. Congratulations, you're off to to set up a new home and life in Mexico. I know you think it's only for six months, but I want to live. I want to live vicariously through an adventure that takes you right around the world. So I've got someone to visit when I go on these you know, these international holidays.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we can go to the theme parks. If there is any in Mexico.
Speaker 1: Any in Mexico, Darcy's gonna find out. I'll do my research, investigative reporting. Why do I feel like we can go on spring break? Spring bring gave Jerusys gain and so I think I want I want us to focus on a story that you that stays with you. There's your last story that we cover together, and so every time, wherever you are in the world, I want you to think about tomatoes. Because there is a tomato shortage that's about to hit camera and I think it's important that we cover it.
Speaker 6: It's absolutely devastating. So there's wild weather in Queensland and South Australian Victoria have a new tomato vine rush, which means there's a shortage and prices are set to go up.
Speaker 4: What's the virus? Because I'd be happy to eat.
Speaker 1: It right, probably even just.
Speaker 4: Looks a bit weird, let's still eat it.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry when planning the show, I didn't really think about the significance of the last news story that we would do together. No, I'm happy with this, but anytime we need to get to the supermarket to pay extra for something.
Speaker 4: It's a big story.
Speaker 1: Well we're going to cover it and ed you.
Speaker 4: Will see tomatoes everywhere you go in your travel. So this is a great last memory because every time you go to a Mexican supermarket and there's a tomato, you'll be like, no, I'll.
Speaker 6: Just send the tomato photos to the Roden Gappy Instagram.
Speaker 1: Page every week.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: What a group chat we're going to have. We might share screenshots of the group chat with everybody. Yes, thank you, mate, congratulations, well done, good luck, be very safe while you're over on the other side of the planet, and we will all live vicariously through you when we look forward to chatting to you on your adventures on the show.
Speaker 6: That's all, and thank you to the both of you as well.
Speaker 1: That is our pleasure. You're really honest around the mum fails, and to be honest, your strike rate's very successful. I think we're on the up to mumfail three so far.
Speaker 4: For twent Sure there's been more, but they haven't been entertaining fails, so I haven't bothered to share them.
Speaker 1: Hashtag mum fail three entertaining ones? Is this the first Dad failed from your husband? This year, the first.
Speaker 4: One that he would probably not be mad at me for telling, like you do, parent fails every day, and it would get very boring to talk about it in those kind of details, So only bring the ones that are half entertaining. But the dad foil that happened yesterday. I bought new shoes for our daughter. There was a big end of financial year sale and she was growing out of her current shoes and the ones she has at the moment, they're great. They're really flexy, but they're.
Speaker 1: Not very warm.
Speaker 4: So I wanted to get similar shoes that were warmer the winter, obviously, so I got these ones online. They were really cool. They were like pink sneakers with like a velcrow little strap so she can try to put them on herself. She's in a she's starting the adult myself kind of face, like yesterday. I had to hold her hands while she put the shoe on the ground and then tried to slip her foot into it while standing so she puts her shooes on. Took twenty minutes, but we kind of got there the.
Speaker 1: Part where you have to let them do things, oh and gain their independence and times longer. Anyway, it's fun stuff.
Speaker 4: It really is. You gotta let them do it anyway. So we got these new shoes in the mail. I got really excited about it. I unpackaged them and they looked great, and my husband got home and I was showing him. And when I was showing him these cool little pink sneakers, Olivia saw them and she loves pink. I think I've really rummed off on it when it comes to that, and she was like, yeah, I want to put them on, and so we wanted to make sure they fit and they've grabbed them and luckily she was not in there i'll do it myself moment. So she was allowing him to try to put them on her and he's trying to jam her foot in there, and she's like this is this is not this doesn't feel good, and he's like I'll be fine once everyone. And she's like squirming and he's like, oh, you know, she's just getting anty. It's fine. He's like trying, and it was going on for a minute until she finally cracked it and was like absolutely not, I am not wearing these shoes. Get him out of my sight. Dad, and I pick up the shoe and I'm like the paper is still in the tona go on. She's trying to shove these shoes on and I were going anywhere, and he thought it was just because she's got a bit of a high foot, like there's really got to get him in there otherwise, like you gotta get the heel up and literally.
Speaker 1: A physical barrier stopping them going on. But on behalf of Dad's yeah, we do that versus the world. So I have had one eye on a story that Channel nine have been covering. They parked one of their journalists next to a roundabout and not in camera. No, And that's why I bring it up because during the break just then I was able to get to the bottom of it. Anyone who has a crack at our world's largest roundabout with the traffic lights that everyone goes, it's the worst round about in Australia, Well, well, well we do not have the patch on the roundabout that has been making news today. This will go viral around the world. I'm ashamed to say Channel nine have been covering it. And if you haven't seen it yet this morning, instead of a circle in the middle, it's a diamond and it makes no sense. We'll think about that so it's fine if on the sides of the diamond that have the less angular points, but when you go to get around the pointy ends of the diamonds, you're doing a hard turn, and not everyone's car has a turning circle that allows you to do that, people having to stop and revert to.
Speaker 4: A three point turn around the roundabout.
Speaker 1: Correct. Alright, this is Carl's take on it this morning.
Speaker 2: Have a look at this bang around about in one of the many brilliant solutions to traffic congestion on our roads.
Speaker 1: Check it out. Check it out.
Speaker 2: The Pool City Council has taken chaos to a whole new level. And for more I'm joined by Liverpool City councilor Peter Restevski.
Speaker 1: Okay, ten points to Liverpool City Council. They've obviously embarrassed themselves. This is a disaster. The last thing anyone in their right mind does is show up to this interview. That said anyone in their right mind would have never built a diamond shaped roundabout. So he's shown up in camera. What's he doing in camera?
Speaker 4: Don't give us a bad name. We've got the good roundabout camera.
Speaker 1: He's from Liverpool though, he's just here for some reason.
Speaker 2: Get him out in camera, get a pete. Nice to see you this morning. Congratulations. Your council has built Australia's worst round about.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's quite embarrassing and quite ironically, I'm in the camber for the Australian Local Government Conference.
Speaker 1: What do you mean ironic? Mate, is here for a conference? So the Australian Local Government Conference. You've brought shame to your city and by virtue of just being here, all right, Well, everyone's going to be absolutely taken a Micky out of him at that conference in the capitol today.
Speaker 4: We have a roundabout almost like that in Bamendor.
Speaker 1: That's fine, that's new South Walest Mate, that's absolutely fine. You do silly staff over there all day