Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast. You're listening to Flex and Rooms on Kata.
Speaker 2: We like to be creative. You're in the studio and implore our viewers and listeners to also flex that creativity muscle. If you're out there pregnant, or you have a partner who's pregnant, you have a friend or perhaps a parent who's pregnant, I employ you to open years up to this one. Are you thinking about baby names? I think about them all the time. I have a little list purely hasn't shared.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't.
Speaker 2: I haven't touched it a little while, and every year I changed my mind. So it must be very difficult landing on a name for your child.
Speaker 3: That's regretting it, babes.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's why I think go down the past family member route. Then you've always go to no.
Speaker 4: That is so boring. I prefer the baby X thing. Just let me nameless for a month. They don't know rememb When you can see their personality come through, they'd be like, Okay, yeah, I knew it. You really were Henry and not a Harry little vibe.
Speaker 1: Check on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my parents want to call be just Cinder. Yeah, I see that more than Lucinda.
Speaker 1: Absolutely do you you don't.
Speaker 3: I see your whole life?
Speaker 1: Then I can't even just in the price. That's like I could have been the presidentes Okay, you.
Speaker 3: Could have been the president? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Justinda Arden, threal ones or no. Anyway, I want to think about names. I saw this recently done on a podcast with Will Gibb. They talked about baby names, sorry, names that are far up.
Speaker 1: For products and stuff that would be good as baby names.
Speaker 2: Okay, and it reminds you one of my favorite Instagram pages, Insane clown Puss, created a meme which is like strong names for boys.
Speaker 1: Can I read some out for you?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Go, nad, drain o, foul, Dyson, I like Dyson, Landlord, that's a good one. Landlord's a good one, Ham, Battery, Bloke, glute, and honk.
Speaker 3: Those last five lost me, but it started off strong Landlord.
Speaker 2: So I have come up with a few to share with you. FLEXI please get your thinking hats on and think if you've got any love mine and more down the fermi.
Speaker 1: Root, if I fermi root, if I'm real with.
Speaker 4: You, the words that we use we're gonna look back in five years and be like, what were we trying to say?
Speaker 1: I know exactly what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 3: Ye now, but in five years time.
Speaker 1: See, I went through a bit of a yeat phase and I still get.
Speaker 3: That, and a sleigh phase. You went through.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, RP cappuccino.
Speaker 3: Oh stunning.
Speaker 2: That's gender neutral, yeah Martini, yeah again, gender neutral?
Speaker 1: Baby Bell, baby Belle.
Speaker 2: You know it's like there's no through a little phase last year celebrities calling their babies baby so stoppy? Yeah, hey baby, Oh my god? Anyway to each their own sniper for a boy?
Speaker 1: M hm poodle? Okay, the final one, Oh.
Speaker 4: Audi, lovely Off the doe. Where your allegiances lie? She said she was a Woolworth girl. She No, I don't have any, but this is really interesting. Do you think that you'll ever name your child something non traditional?
Speaker 1: No, I'm like to show too. It's like Listener's traditional with a twist.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: It's giving Grandma vibes. But I like that. I like my name.
Speaker 4: People can't stop saying like, I can't tell if it's conversationally lazy like we were told it was when we were much younger, I remember being pulled up quite a lot in class or struggling to articulate myself and having my teacher call it out, but not just me, everybody in the class. I think it was just a byproduct of not thinking before you speak. You don't do that a lot when you're younger. You just kind of speak or think on the go. Alternatively, I feel like a lot of us.
Speaker 3: There it is.
Speaker 4: I feel as though, No, I don't feel as though. I know for me personally, a lot of my bad speaking habits come from not being listened to, so I feel like I had to rush myself get my point across really really quickly, the stress of like.
Speaker 3: Not being heard all of that.
Speaker 4: So I find the slower I speak, the more articulate I am, and the more I can use the correct words and not rely on filler words. However, there are two new words that have cropped up in myself, and I also observe it. People don't like that I'm a stickler for words, but words are pretty much the only tool that we have currently to ensure that we are understood. We kind of need to be doing words properly. Any thoughts on what the words are I've already read the breaks.
Speaker 3: I know now the two words actually and literally.
Speaker 5: Ooh.
Speaker 4: Now the thing with the word like is it is versatile. It can mean a ton of different things. It can be like this thing is similar to this thing. I enjoy this thing. It's a feeling. It can be it's versatile generally. Actually, though we just use out of context. Literally, we use out of context. I personally use the word literally like period, like.
Speaker 3: Full stop, like I hear you, like I'm listening to you. Yep, that's not what it means.
Speaker 4: Also, actually, I get this when people are trying to emphasize the meaning of something that was actually really good, that's not what you mean.
Speaker 3: Insult you know, I actually went there. I mean, I guess you did.
Speaker 4: But the point is, when people want to take away your power, they confuse you about what you mean. And one of the greatest protections, one of the great a shields you can give yourself is the clarity in knowing that you are understood when you speak, so people can't refuge, so people can't confuse you about your own reality. And when you rely on conversational crutches, when you get into the habit of using words that don't actually mean what you say. You yourself then become unreliable.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: It's a very slippery slope speaking.
Speaker 2: It's Flexi firms on Cata, and by Flexi firms, I mean Mickyanni, my queen.
Speaker 1: Hello, babe, how are ya?
Speaker 2: I'm all right, we're here through mcafe. We're catching up. Giving a pop culture kind of moment. Earlier in the week, Sophie, our social media producer, put up a poll asking you who your favored celeb couples are. Actually wasn't across this because I was on a digital hiatus, but Mickey's in a surprise me. We said celebrity couples as chosen by you guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because last week we were talking about Victoria Beckham and David Beckham and I'm having a little swoon fest over them, So.
Speaker 1: Like, who else is just as good?
Speaker 5: So Cosmo went wonder he's had a reference.
Speaker 2: To get Rude last Arias, which was like this time last year, folks, you and I. I was wearing pink and she was wearing green, and everyone said that we look like because what is it?
Speaker 1: Fairly odd parents?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, fairly odd parents. There's a great theme song for that.
Speaker 1: One too. Where does it go? Our parents fairly.
Speaker 5: Don't Brad and Angelina guys, they broke up, Yeah, but they can still be iconic. Like didn't they wear vals of blood? No bad was doing the blood.
Speaker 1: That's really Angelina. I'm sorry this was way.
Speaker 5: After She's iconic on her own. Who else we got? We got Channing Tatum and Zoe Krabatts. Yeah, allegedly allegedly they're engaged. Blake Lively, Ryan Reynolds.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Also good good ones, Anthony alban Easy and Toto.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: See more cross species couples retractive.
Speaker 1: As friends as friends, I.
Speaker 5: Mean, yeah, of course, of course we love animal people comments.
Speaker 1: I love Toja albanezey. I wonder what he's doing right now, sniffing, sniffing his butt.
Speaker 2: He's sitting on the end of Anthony Albanese's couch in Marrickville, and I reckon it's like one of those modular still understated, but a modular, probably ten year old couch.
Speaker 1: He's clopped off earlier with Toto.
Speaker 5: I went to throw on one of those beers with his face on back.
Speaker 1: That's Bob pork. No, he has a bit.
Speaker 5: Albo has a beer with his face.
Speaker 1: Okay, sorry really yeah, to present that's in you after? Does he drink it?
Speaker 5: His friend actually made the beer.
Speaker 3: This is a whole side story.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Anyway, guys, this is a little mean moment between we catch up. Mccafee expertly crafted Brusa made your choice of iced cool coffee just why you like it? However, you take yours drive through for your favorite at the cafe.
Speaker 5: Ladies and gentlemen, it's time for Flexi's Big Question of the week.
Speaker 3: It is flex and frooms on Kita.
Speaker 4: Last week for Flexi's Big Question, I asked you what is the last thing you changed your mind on. The reason why I pose this question is I think it's important to acknowledge that every day we stray further from things we once held so dearly, and that is okay, And it's important to give other people the same grace. If we're going to hold people to standards of saying the same forever, we too must day the same forever. On Instagram story, you guys had some great responses. This One person says being late and feeling rushed. I've always found myself stressed and overwhelmed whenever'm running late. Now I'm starting to come indifferent about it from here on out. I'm taking my time with everything else.
Speaker 1: Just you just have to like, people need to expect that you're that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or I think it doesn't make sense to be stressed about it and they're not beyond time.
Speaker 3: Imagine rushing to be on time if you're going to be late.
Speaker 1: I'm stressed about being dumb, but I'm not doing anything to change it. If you're being completely honest.
Speaker 4: This person says, I used to think papas were disgusting, but now I think that they are the most superior fruit. This person says, I let go of resentment for being solo on top of my consumables in my lab. What I don't know. I think this person's a scientist, okay science. This person says, I don't have to have an opinion about every information that's been brought to my attention. I've changed my mind about religion and spirituality. I've changed my mind about being overly stingy, spending more now because the apocalypse is here, and enjoying the time we have left. I've changed my mind that F one drivers aren't real athletes.
Speaker 3: They are. I've changed my mind about olives A.
Speaker 2: Tropies also mentioned you change your mind recently. Now I've always liked them. Oh, but I know that's like a thing for people. I don't like oysters. I'm never going to change that. They're expensive, like the taste. Would you Okay, I'll have an oyster on a date to look a certain way.
Speaker 3: But OSes for optics.
Speaker 2: Some people will literally go and get oysters because they love them.
Speaker 4: Yeah what anyway, that's Flexi's big question. Thank you so much for playing.
Speaker 3: Love your work.
Speaker 1: It's Flexi and Frems on Ktera. Flexi. Do you think you're smarter than a twelfth grader?
Speaker 3: In some ways? Yes, in a lot of ways probably not.
Speaker 2: We have right here that HC Food Tech Exam for twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: I did this in twenty twelve.
Speaker 2: Two. I was my lowest score in what was otherwise fantastic atar results did food tech. Yeah, I got about thirty two for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not my best way.
Speaker 3: So it wasn't like a practical exam we had to cook something.
Speaker 2: No, it was like a written exam. They said you were for real a few weeks ago. Now, we did do the HC Maths test on air, which then the government the Victoria government came out and said that they actually had multiple mistakes in the exam.
Speaker 1: So am I the real genius of maths? It seems yes. Okay, here is the HC.
Speaker 2: Food Tech Exam Number one. An example of a community group that promotes health in Australian society is a csro oh two f s A n Z C Meals on Wheels or D New Southal's food Authority.
Speaker 1: I'm going with a cs I ro.
Speaker 3: Oh, spies, I'm gonna go with I'm gonna go with D.
Speaker 1: New South was food authority.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm saying CRSIRO I had the Good Gut Food Health Book. Oh oh, I did trip me into a little bit of an issue with food CSIRO your hands.
Speaker 3: That's an important feedback for them to get. Was it was that correct?
Speaker 1: A bum, You're both wrong. It was c Meals on Wheels.
Speaker 5: You're joking A chuckle, guys, I've looked at the published HC results.
Speaker 2: Okay, they tripped me up, they said. Community group two, which of the following is the most significant benefit of using organic farming systems A less landfill, C cleaner waterways, reduced cost to the consumer, D reduce cost to the manufacturer.
Speaker 1: Well we can strike out san D.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say B because with the other ways of creating food, the soil goes into the waterways.
Speaker 1: One point to free me. It was B And what was the reasoning?
Speaker 5: Babe?
Speaker 3: It's yeah, they're not gonna It's the answers of a basic.
Speaker 2: Study food Tech number three of four questions. Food sold in retail stores in Australia must comply with the country of origin labeling laws that we're introduced in twenty sixteen. These labeling laws are most likely to benefit A local councils, B, import markets, C, primary producers or D people with allergies.
Speaker 3: This is what you did in food tech.
Speaker 4: When I dropped out of food tech, we were literally making Singapore noodles and scones and learning how to cut vegetables period and also things like which chopping ball to use. I don't recall they put different colors for different utensils.
Speaker 3: That was it. And wiping up after you cook, that was it.
Speaker 1: Be serious.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going to go with oh with CEA primary producers because if we know they're from Australia, then it gives them props.
Speaker 1: Al right, see, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's giving two point zero hc eat a reducted four for the final question for the wind from MINDI, which is an example of unethical food advertising A bundle pricing, be a celebrity endorsement done a couple of days in my time see exaggerated nutritional claim. I would be marketing through cross promotion. That's obvious, isn't it. Yeah, you'd hope see it's see see what I find interesting?
Speaker 1: Unethical but not illegal.
Speaker 3: Something to think rowned upon.
Speaker 4: They say it's not ideal, but do it if it gets you what you need, which is the revenue. So what we actually need is someone to come and greater us and let me know if because I did well in math, if that gives me a higher ATAR than sud Tech is not gonna it's not gonna give you above bams.
Speaker 1: It was rounded down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're wrapping it down. You've been listening to the Flex and Rooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 5: For more, Tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.