Speaker 1: Let's go Matt Preston.
Speaker 2: Let's go all right on kids breakfast right now, Matt Preston is joining us live. Good morning, Hello Matt.
Speaker 1: Very good morning. Nice to see all Amy. Congratulations on the longest interview pressures for a radio show. You've done fantasticly. You have you permanently here, you have the perfect black crock of Sydney Harbor. You've done well, very much.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Love to so your mate been a while, love that there still go Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: This is a little cowboy Neckerchief because I feel that making the show playing locally it needed a slightly new lock. So we bought all these these little cowboy squares and I'm wearing those. They're smaller, they're slightly more understated, they're slightly more more suitable for when you're out in the country.
Speaker 2: So have you retired the cravats?
Speaker 1: No, I've got I've got I've got a got a bag of four hundred I'm looking to get rid of. I'm trying to work out how to get rid of. You could auction on by yeah, yeah, well you know there's nothing that. There was a famous case of a of a daytime celeb in the UK who auctioned his tie and it went for fifty cents, so it was like everyone, well, no one likes him. So I'm thinking, no, I think they need they need to be given away to bad homes.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, you don't want to embarrass yourself with a fifty cent go on.
Speaker 1: I don't need to be detailed. How relevant I am?
Speaker 2: Well you're relevant. Your gods are playing locally at premieres on SBS on Demand and SBS Food tomorrow eight point thirty. Is this all about how good our food here in Australia is?
Speaker 1: I think it's a combination of one of one, how good our food is. Number two, how hard it is to produce really good food. And you know for a small producer, if you're a farmer or a fisher, gee, it's a brutal life. And when you when you hop into icy cold water, you know, at dawn on the gooor perm anything, I'll just be paddling around raking pippies in maybe ankle deep water and your suddenly are You're up to your nipples in freezing surf and then the waves come in and smash you. And these guys know that they use their rake to hurdle the waves. You don't have that skill, you'll end up. You end up and it's you go, gee, that is that is not a job. And breakfast radio is hard, but this is double plus.
Speaker 3: That sounds harder. So is all of the food that you are going to be eating on these series. Is it very much like farm to table?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's it's these small, so small regenitive farms. It's that. Then maybe maybe it's maybe it's a family with an oyster lease that they've had a couple of generations. I think the other thing, you really it's not just the physical struggle how hard it is, but just you know, we were down at the ice Lease and Kangaroo Island and they just had this algae bloom. So their business has been shut down for nine months and they felt isolated. And I think this thing with with with producers is it's quite a lonely business and there's not a lot of love for them. So it's really nice to go somewhere and show some love. And also in terms of the images, it's a beautiful thing to do because they are in the most unbelievable location, so that the shots the kind of that that romance of the location is something that kind of you said against how hard the job is. So you have this stuff, Oh that's beautiful, and then all that's quite hard.
Speaker 3: Would you say that you've got one of the best jobs in the world, like basically being able to go pay to eat cake, flowing out to Mexico City do well cocktail awards?
Speaker 1: How hard?
Speaker 3: Cocktail?
Speaker 2: How did you go with like keeping wade off and stuff? Is it hard?
Speaker 1: I've just I've totally changed my dart recently.
Speaker 2: And I'm just what did you go to.
Speaker 1: I just I just went clean, you know. I mean, I've got I've got young kids, I've got twined like young young adult kids, so twenty six, twenty three, twenty one, and they're like, oh Dad, this protein. We need more more protein and so and so they've just smashed me, like, no, you can't eat that, none of that.
Speaker 3: So what do you cut out? Have you cut out like carbs?
Speaker 1: I'm not really I've tried to not cut out stuff, just eat more of stuff I really like, like, you know, but I mean spending my time working with food and obviously I've been involved in social media since it kind of started in two thousand and nine, so I love that as a source both good and bad. There's some terrible trends out there, and there's some terrible recipes that you make and go I need to tell people never to make. But there's also some really clever stuff out there. Whether you know. I've been all across that rice paper, which is delicious. Love Yeah, so good, so crunchy, crispy. I love the air fryer.
Speaker 3: Have you seen the one? I just my girlfriend told me about this yesterday. Apparently it's gone viral on TikTok. It's all about Kingston, the little Kingston biscuits.
Speaker 1: You know, the King of biscuits. Yes, the King of biscuits.
Speaker 3: So apparently you lay out a tray of them and then you put like peach cobbler all over it and it turns it into some cake.
Speaker 2: Yes, here, your mat anything.
Speaker 1: With the Kingston. I mean you've got it. So what you've got The challenge is it's got to be better than the ordinary Kingston A cup of tea, right, and I would suggest you're gonna watch Plated locally. It is the show is designed for a big mugget tea and a plate of Kingston's. You know, why are you're here?
Speaker 2: We're talking of weird food trends, we were having to look at this this morning of food influenza.
Speaker 1: You've already started in the batle.
Speaker 2: A food influence. All right, here's what she does with the macas. So Angel Foodie. She orders a triple cheeseburger and dips it in Coca cola.
Speaker 1: Listen to it.
Speaker 4: I swear this is actually so good. Ever since I tried this again, I've been creeping it like once a week. And I've also seen a lot of common saying that people dip pizza or chicken nuggets and coke also, so it's really not that weird, and I actually kind of want to try those.
Speaker 1: Also, there's nothing wrong with any dunking credit. Let's start with that place, you know, the Kingston's Hot Sea. Perfect, the Tim Tam Slam. Unbelievable. That that's really good.
Speaker 2: We'll stand by. Have we got the macas Yeah, we got it.
Speaker 1: We've got it.
Speaker 2: We're doing it, so stay right here. Oh my, let's see if it is next kiss all right, the Kiddle Roy right now, good morning. All right, we're going to taste this with Matt Preston. So this foody influencer, Angel Food She orders a triple cheeseburger, dips it in coke and Matt Preston, you were saying you think this is good.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I don't think it's good, and I'm questioning it. I love it. I love a very salty fry with a vanilla milk chack. There's a sense of the salt and the sugar that makes sense in terms of the Dark Doctor. I don't mind the Dark Doctor for cooking. I used them in the stir fry and I got Yeah, just just a little bit of my favorite recipe. The best recipe you find online, it's super easy, is slow cooked chicken wings in It's got to be full strength, in full strength coke and cook them really really. I've tried it with DC and horrible, but with full strength it just cooks for a long time. There's a lot of sugar. It's not an every day food, mate.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, well neither is this markets that we have in here. Now, my basic cooking knowledge would would think that bread into liquid is not a good thing.
Speaker 3: Going to do a quick dumb it's going to play on the whole sweet and salty.
Speaker 1: And what about what about having a cheese and ham toasty dunked into a tomatoes souper, your pumpkin seap, you know, superstick. But the liquid thing is okay, I mean what about the barrier, the berrier dunk stuff.
Speaker 3: I like pizza and coke.
Speaker 1: I like, yeah, you just like junk. Amy is already who ring into the well?
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 3: This is yum m for cold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, what's your review here?
Speaker 1: You know, a really good combination takes two plus two. It makes eight, right, and I think this is a two plus two. I don't think there's a benefit in having the cheeseburger into the coke. It's an interesting idea, and it's certainly not as bad as and I'm putting cinnamon on cucumber, which is a big trend, but it's not one of those things like putting olive iolo the ice cream that was a trend about a year ago, which is delicious. This is really changing.
Speaker 3: The taste is taking it cold, Yeah, soggy.
Speaker 1: Cold, cold and soggy. But then you know, if you go to if you go to Istanbul, they have a thing. They have these soggy burgers. They have steam burgers. They make a burger they put it's like steam boats and so that's the thing. So maybe if you're from a Turkish background, this could be. This could be the colabb be looking for.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this works if you're Turkish.
Speaker 1: You know what I think all the things, You've got to give it a try. You never know what your own personal peccadillo may be. And we all have you know, I love I love a Worcester sauce on on toast with apricot jam and that is a combo that is weird, but it's delicious.
Speaker 3: Works for you.
Speaker 1: Vegamite and raspberry jam on burnt toast. Seriously, try it yourself. I'll send you a list of weird combos to try it. Summer one not to try chicken loaf and na Tella one of the most disgusting.
Speaker 2: At least you gave it a go. Matt Preston plating locally so it starts on SBS on Demand and SBS Food tomorrow at thirty pm. Always good to see you, mate, Thank you for giving her
Speaker 1: A go and yeah, pleasure, pleasure, Thank you for feeding out the croke