Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload the podcast last week Theylight. Welcome back to TV Reload. My name is Benjamin Norris, and on this podcast I go behind the scenes with the biggest players in television. Each episode you will get a front row seat with content makers like executive producers, writers, editors, and casting agents, plus the talent that we see on our screens. TV Reload reloads the shows that you are currently watching and gives you a better insight into our television industry and our streaming services. Today on the podcast, I'm back talking about The Block as I have two more of the contestants from Channel nine's latest series. It is the much talked about contestants, Sharon and Uncore. This year, the Block took a tree change and we have seen more drama than any other series before, with five houses situated on ten acres of land and weather conditions harsher than any season before. It's actually surprising that the contestants have an all quick the competition. So is there any wonder today we are talking to Sharon and Uncore about their tumultuous time on the series. I don't think so. I actually quite like them both, as I feel like they're very real and make great reality TV contestants. We all sit at home and say, oh, they're so ungrateful, but we haven't been in their shoes, and no doubt we would all throw a tantrum or two. From builders spats to picking that big house. There's plenty to unpack and we will do just that. So stick around and get the goss from the horse's mouth, grab yourself a coffee, and Block lovers please enjoy as we welcome Sharon and Uncore to TV Reload.
Speaker 2: It's the questions as a result of what's played out on TV.
Speaker 3: Met Uncre and Sharon. It's not like us against the world, but it can feel like that at times. This is going to be the big question mark hanging over the season of the Block.
Speaker 2: It's just hard because it's like, where do you stop and where do you start with defending yourself.
Speaker 3: I listened to you, you didn't, Yes, you've done to compoint you be honest, I want to say it. So it was more like, let's do this, Let's get out of our comfort zone. You know, there's a lot to love here, but they've got to rethink the relationship between all these elements the crux.
Speaker 2: So it is like misunderstandings about expectation from the start.
Speaker 1: Hi, guys, how are you both going well?
Speaker 2: How are you going really well? It's lovely to see you. How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing very well, And I'm going to start off by saying congratulations on getting onto the block twenty twenty two. I think this has been a massive ride for the two of you.
Speaker 3: That's the absolute understatement. But yeah, it's the right of our lives, I think right now. So, yeah, amazing experience. Amazing is the word for it, positive, negative, whatever, it is all wrapped into one. But yeah, going.
Speaker 2: Well and the experience is continuing, hasn't ended yet.
Speaker 1: I need to ask how much therapy will you both need after this series?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so if we win any money, I think it's all going towards the therapy. Probably. I don't know, I'm gooing for my lifetime.
Speaker 2: Probably.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I feel like with you know, just in line with what other contestants have said, probably for a little bit of time. But it's day by day, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, and you come compartmentalize things and you're like, okay, this is some reality TV part of it. This is the real part of it, and just yeah, see where that blurred line leads and how you sit with it really because.
Speaker 2: You're essentially reliving it as you're watching it now and it's like not what you'll remember sometimes and then you're like was that how that was? And it's just a massive trip.
Speaker 1: As you would know, it's not a normal experience as well, because you know, you guys all lived this a few months ago and then having to watch it back. What the rest of Australia doesn't understand is that is not normal. It's not a normal experience at all, and no one else could cope with it either.
Speaker 3: No, that's so it's a big pressure cooker and I think, I mean, you go on National TV, so you're going to invite opinions from every Tom Dick and Harwry basically, So I mean it's as part of it you sort of deal with it. But for us, it's been a positive experience for our relationship if anything, Like we've definitely grown from that point. So yeah, that's the biggest positive I take out of it.
Speaker 2: What's interesting is that people truly believe like that forty five minutes or an hour whatever they see a couple of times a week is all that happens in that whole day, and they hold you to account for every single word you use, and if you actually think about it, obviously we're real people. People say a lot of things in the course of a day, and you know they can't put everything in an hour episode. So it's an interesting one because like you feel like you kind of like cop it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a reality TV fan from the well, some of my opinions are go on in my head. They have been terrible, and now I'm like what I stand on the other.
Speaker 2: Side of it.
Speaker 1: Isn't it amazing what people can read into as well? Just the smallest look, the smallest thing you might say, the inflection, and then all of a sudden, it's about three blog posts deep in what they believe they know about you. It's crazy, yes, and then.
Speaker 2: News articles as well, So I mean you you know, you know they'd be like, you're resting, bitch face, just cut into something else, like where you totally didn't react that way. People are like, oh my god, look at her. This is what she thinks about them. And it's just hard because it's like where do you stop and where do you start? With defending yourself, do you bother? Do you care? It's all of those kind of thoughts as you go through the journey. Its obviously the people that love you and know you, they know who you are. The problem is is if people form an opinion about you, they tend to look for evidence to support that opinion and that narrative the whole way through, and it's like, can't win them over. And I think the whole thing is is you can't please everyone. And if you're someone that's used to being liked and being received, well generally this is a massive shock, like because you're like, oh my god, you're questioning myself. Am I a shit person?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Is that normal? Is that not normal? But we definitely just like wear ourselves absolutely under intense, intense pressure. It's a pressure coo because for sure we absolutely were, but we didn't play the game per se and like hiding and unswitching off the microphone and you know, you forget that the cameras are there. But it's also like, well, that's real life. If you've got to talk about something or whatever happened in the day, eventing, that is a natural part of life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's interesting is like if you go through someone's bone, like if you go through your partner's phone. I always say to people, you're going to find what you want to find, you know. Reality TV is like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, I mean and yeah that's what people do. You get an echo chambers and you support those thoughts. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the other thing is is like what you forget and I forget it too, is just like people they get you and the people that are kind of like decent and kind of can see through and go, oh, that's just entertainment, that's throung whatever. They're not going to go to the effort all the time. I do get heaps of positive stuff too, but like to tell you that it's generally the people that are those negos that want to like pick, they're the ones who go to the effort and writing and finding you and finding your family and just telling you how crappy of the person you are. But that's kind of like the minority because everyone else is busy enjoying their lives and being happy people, so they're not going to be contacting you. Let you know.
Speaker 1: We'll get more into it though. But Sharon, you know you've been in a pretty exciting profession being an actress and being on shows like Neighbors and playing different roles, How does this compare being in front of a camera and such a different way.
Speaker 2: Well, I really should have continued playing the role coming into this show, but I did not because I was like, it's reality. You want reality, let's you know, be real. And I thought that this show was going to be basically We're going to just be building and renovating the whole way through. I didn't really understand the TV production aspect of it, and I didn't handle that well at all. But it's a completely different thing. So you know, some people will say, like, what how do you feel about the switch from scripted to reality? Like there was no deliberate switch or anything.
Speaker 1: Well, the question I have for your showon is does being an actress help in a format like the block? Are there any times where you can use those skills in a capacity to help yourself in a show like this.
Speaker 2: I suppose some actors would definitely do that if they wanted to invoke sympathy or if they wanted to like make out that they're not bothered by something. I definitely didn't have that restraint, and I definitely didn't play anything I did, you know, like people sometimes I did cry a lot, obviously, but they were real tears and I really went through those emotions. I think I don't think necessarily it helps you being an actor in the sense of like you're connected to your emotions like quite highly, and you say how you feel and all that. It's not necessarily always received well. Like I think generally a lot of people hold back with what they feel and what they say, whereas I'm just it's at the forefront and I'm vulnerable all the time and that can come across, I suppose as being a winder on this show. So yeah, I don't think it helped per se. I wish it did.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: Do the fact that you were a recognizable name help you get cast? I mean, actually, the better question to ask you is how did the block happen for the two of you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so a couple. I think it was just straight after COVID time, wasn't it. We watched the block like everybody else. To be honest, we weren't massive blockheads. We didn't watch it all it's fun because.
Speaker 3: We found it really stressful to watch and I was like, there's no way they're building this stuff like that.
Speaker 2: As already inducing whatever, but we watched it during COVID time and then we're like, that looks like a really fun thing to do and also to learn, like it could be a master class in learning how to renovate. And we are passionate about design and all that, but we've never really had the opportunity to do it. So on a whim we just.
Speaker 3: Like applied yeah, and through COVID, I think your busted out of that and said let's do something like crazy that we wouldn't do before, like because tomorrow is not promised. Sounds cliche, but I think COVID showed us that, so it was more like, let's do this, let's get out of our comfort zone.
Speaker 2: And I think there was a bit of a push from Channel nine et cetera to push for a bit of diversity and look for that. So I think not necessarily that was recognizable, but probably because I was from a diverse background that might have helped and for us as well, like one of our objectives was really like to open this whole media space up like I've done before, to our communities and being positive. You have some positive role in Australian media where it hasn't necessarily been that way, so it kind of like worked both ways. But then we didn't really think we were going to get on, and then it happened, and then it just snowballed, and then we were on, and now we heard.
Speaker 3: It happened so quickly, I was like, what, I just started a new job. What am I going to say?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I remember when I met you, you said this show has actually brought you both closer together. Why do you think that has been the case?
Speaker 3: I think you just have to rely on what you know, right, and you've got each other, and it's like the stability that you need on the Block because nothing else is stable, right, it was just mayhem going around, so it was just Yeah, we had to rely on each other through everything. So it's not like us against the world, but it can feel like that at times. So I think when you've only got that support, it's only going to grow that bond.
Speaker 2: Essentially, it's like we went into isolation again for three months. You know, you don't have access that they take your phone, so you have the block phone, but you don't really talk to your friends like you would.
Speaker 3: You don't have that like time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you don't have time as well, so you just literally got each other. But we've been together for like fifteen years, so I didn't think we could get closer. I didn't think that that could happen, but I feel like we did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure. And that was from Keith. Actually he goes mate if anything, the only people you can rely on in the places yourself. So just make sure you've you've got that down pattern you you should navigate it, Okay.
Speaker 2: I will say I'm really proud of Bunks, Like I haven't really seen it much on mainstream television before, where you know, the husband is so openly supportive and sensitive and vulnerable when it comes to speaking about how they feel and supporting me. And that's been a lot of the feedback we've been getting back is like you know, they were made in appearance like the Melbourne Show, and like so many people and women are like I'm raising two boys and it was so great. It's so great to see how he is and how he is with you guys, and it's just so supportive. And I think that's a great role model to especially in that particular industry.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. I mean there's a lot that goes into producing a show like this. Do you think that you've learnt a lot about yourself watching this back?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I just look at myself and go, how naive is this bloke? Like you're just like walking around pretty stunned most of the time. But I think my biggest learning for myself is I used to put barriers up in my brain and like what I could achieve and how hard I could work. And I think this just forced me into a completely different realm of accepting just letting life come at me instead of worrying about the outcome and where you're going and that anxiety inducing part of it. Now I'm like, yes, taking my stride. The amount of awkward conversations I've had on this show is ridiculous, Like it's just a daily occurrence.
Speaker 2: So Fanks never never really liked or dealt with front confrontation very well, like before this, and we kind of and I'd always kind of be the personality had to like do that, but now we have found that it's turned the opposite way around. So Alex come out super resilient and I'm a little bit like I was taking a bit of a step back, But I personally have learned a lot about myself, just the way I can be really hard of myself, Like I could be really hard on myself, and I can see the negative self talk of like, you're so crap at this, you don't know what you're doing, and I put so much pressure on myself. I'm like, God to make the right choice. If I don't. And when we don't do well in judging and stuff, it's like, oh my god, this is so embarrassing and humiliating answers like what did you expect? Like we're the ones with no experience. Did you think you were going to win every I'm like no, but I didn't want to come dead last and have you know this kind of negative feedback on whenever. So I learned to obviously be kinder to myself and obviously, like we all have regrets, and there's I think I shoot, I tried to like be I suppose not thorough, but like, yeah, compassionate and empathetic in the way that I do things and speak. But I definitely feel like I could learn from taking a step back and just listening more and not just shooting from the hip.
Speaker 1: Out of everyone that's on the show this year, people are talking about you guys the most, and before the season even started, I heard that you were the best casting out of the season. You know, is that interesting for people for you to hear that about yourself considering that there's been so much talk about you both.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's an interesting one. Like I didn't have a producer hat on or whatever or like you know, network cut on. When I kind of came into I was like, we just want to build a house together. But I can see why, Like, you know, I spoke to one of the higher upset Channel nine with the upfronts and they were like, you know, viewership is up thirty percent and a lot of it's distributed to you guys, And for me meant to I kind of go, yeah, but like at what expense, because like, nobody wants to hear anything negative about them. But I have to change my mindset in like what the conversations are about the fact that we've got people talking about both sides like and saying like this and that and what about this and wanting to see how we go. And there are definitely people cheering us on and people realizing that we're real human beings or which we always were. It's been an interesting journey to kind of see and like, I don't know, it's an awkward thing because it's like I don't like seeing anything negative about myself. But then people will be like, oh, where any publicity is good publicity, and the fact that you guys about they've given it. It goes great. But literally every day waking up to some news article about us from the episode, I'm like, biggest shit happened in that episode? Then what happened with us? But I suppose it's clickbait and people are interested, and.
Speaker 3: I just find it surreal. I'm like, what what now? What did I say? I don't even remember saying that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of cringing moments. But I mean, look, we've been.
Speaker 2: Told we brought We've brought lot to the show, and I will definitely be memorable, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, the executive producer Jules said Sharon that you are probably one of the best contestants in the history of the Bloc.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Obviously, as a as a producer, you want the contestants to be like every decision is like the end of the world if it gets goes wrong. Like that perspective can get taken away pretty quickly and some of the conversations having with Chazzi, she literally thought the world would end if like that color was wrong, that was happening, this was happening. So she was in that mindset, and I think that's what shows like reactive emotional, like all of those things.
Speaker 1: You want real people to have real responses, you want real meltdowns, and you know, I think there's been a fair share of people complaining about your complaining. Has that irony been lost on you?
Speaker 2: I totally agree with, Like, I don't know, it's just like bending complain, and I think they just people just want you to. There's some real Australian mentality of something you just suck it up and just what do they say full of cement or something. But it's like why are they both one or the other? Like can you not be grateful the experience but also talk about like how it makes you feel. I think we don't really talk about how we feel all enough, and so I talked about half of that. And also you get asked that by producers like how do you feel. I'm like, well, this is what's happened, and blah blah blah blah, and then it's like.
Speaker 3: You know, Windy Yes, it was hard, mate, Like that's that's the crux of it.
Speaker 2: And we're not obviously the only ones. You've said that. All the contestants been saying the whole way through. Crew have been saying, production have been saying it. So I think there's also like a bit of a bias with all the privileged actress who's just the.
Speaker 3: Glamor unemployed all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it's like obviously you're super rich. Not true, but like it's come on this show and she doesn't deserve this opportunity. That was really hard at the start actually when they we had a bit of feedback and people just talking and even one of the contestants was like, what the for you doing here? You don't deserve to be here, Like this is for Ozzie Butler's and it's like, well, what's your definition of a NUSSI battler? Like where the kids of immigrant parents? We also like this would change our lives, like whatever happens that option, like grateful for whatever, but this will set us up if we get to that, but also this experience yet yeah, but we have a right to want to do it too.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but that's what you learn. I mean everyone's got an opinion, that's their opinion, and is going to be secure in your own self.
Speaker 1: What's worse the judge's critiques or the public's critiques.
Speaker 3: I feel as though as the judge's critique was worse, just more impactful because you have given everything in that week. You haven't slept for say, like I'm like thirty forty hours and you've rolled into judging. You're already on tender hook. So I think the impact of that is more than the public. I mean the public. You're gonna some people love you, some people hate you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, obviously looked like the judges stuff was really like it did it hit me?
Speaker 3: Like, you know, every Sunday she was like so anxious to roll in there.
Speaker 2: I reckon it would be really cool to like watch the judges do it on a screen instead of Scottie telling you, because then you can kind of get the context of, like in the tone of how they're saying it, because sometimes it's not as harsh as what it comes across when you watch it. And even we ran into Neil the other day, Neil Whittka, and he was just like, there's a lot of stuff that you guys didn't hear about me saying amazing things about your rooms. I just want you to know that, so you know, like that. But for me it's also like it's that real weird thing of like people don't know you have such strong opinion about you. Also they never have the guts to say it to your face. You walk down street and everybody wants to have a photo with you and they love you. But like on social media, which is you know, yuck, like then they'll saill that stuff. So for me, I'd say the public thing is a bit because it feels reputational and it's like, oh, I don't like you know, I don't want you to think I'm a digged Yeah I'm.
Speaker 3: Not, you're not.
Speaker 1: The opinion of people on social media is not real. It is not the majority, it's the minority. Because the people who are going to comment online behind a keyboard, they are a certain type of person, you know what I mean. For every one person who's going to say they hate you, there's going to be ten people that love you. They're just not going to get on social media and say, hey, Sharon, I think your hair looks nice today.
Speaker 2: You know, like you're not going to do They're going to tell your lipstick color looks like cow sheep, and they're going to tell you, like, I hate it when you're always holding your husband's hand. It really pisses me off. I'm like, oh you hate love, then, okay, well that's you. Obviously wouldn't respond, But.
Speaker 1: More about you, my friend, that it does about us.
Speaker 2: Yes, So did you do you feel like when you went through it was a journey too, like to get to that conclusion and that inside that you've got now or did you feel that straight away? You're like, no, dismissing, I'm not even listening to any.
Speaker 1: Of that because my show was a live show and it was on Telly and I never saw it, so they watched. You have to remember that, like when I was in that show. The first few weeks I was the headlines, were the most hated reality television contestant in the history of Big Brother. You yeah, and then I won the show, so you know, look through a drink in someone's face, I called someone a bitch. I just did all these things and people hated me for it.
Speaker 2: But see I like that too though. It's real right, you're yourself and that's you know, and.
Speaker 1: Also for you and how this is going to finish up. Because Mitch and Mark you know who turn up on the show this you know, this week. It's a really interesting experience to see them come back because it reminds you of the tumultuous journey that those boys went on both times they are on the show, only to come out of the end, you know, quite well liked and also with you know, three quarters of a million dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that, and everybody did tell us along the way, like when we were having our downs, We're like, just keep the long game, like it's going to be a roller coaster, but yeah, keep that auction date at the back of your mind, and yeah, you guys will be fine. We're just in the eye of the.
Speaker 1: Storm, I think.
Speaker 2: And the other thing is is like just the family, like your mum and dad who get really upset at it, like and your you know, your family and your friends who're just like, we we haven't love you. We just don't get like why and how this is happening and all that kind of stuff, And that's that's probably the difficult. Then I get embarrassed, and I'm like try to just.
Speaker 3: I don't get embarrassed, like all.
Speaker 2: Of that stuff. But no, that's absolutely great advice.
Speaker 1: For people listening to this. You both in the real world not in the television world, are just lovely people to have a conversation with you.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that, Thank you.
Speaker 1: And I know people who know the two of you as well and also speak highly of you, So they're the sorts of things we should be listening to, you know. But interestingly enough, look, this week you have talked about it in the media about a villain edit. You said that you didn't expect it. How did you want to come across? Do you have an idea of how you wanted to come across and is there a side of you that we have been missing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just wanted to come across as us like who we are, so you know, we're funny, We joke around a lot, we laugh a lot.
Speaker 3: We are generally positive people, like even at the time like where there's obviously a lot of doubt, but there was a lot of vies where we're having great times with trades.
Speaker 2: And people, so like you're seeing like at the minute stuff going on with our builders, which is two people of the whole site like basically and yes, we've had our like you know, bargie bargies with Scott Camp but we love him and we also love Keith and like, you know, that's very much the TV character aspect whatever, without building in terms of the real people, like our builders, they're the only ones. All the other trades we love, you know, beers many catch us many five hits, like and we've caught up since like we got along with everyone and the contestants and so you know, like that's more true reflection of who we are. We're like the friends that are reliable. Yes, of course I'm a strong, sassy woman, but like you know, it's that's okay to be a woman and have an opinion. It's fine.
Speaker 3: We did.
Speaker 2: He's definitely a supportive husband. But I think, yeah, the side of us is like the fun side.
Speaker 3: Like it's reality, but it's the completely most weird situation to be in, right, So, like we've never been in this situation before, so saying how we wanted to be portrayed definitely like ourselves, but ourselves in this situation, like we didn't know what we were going to be like on it anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, I feel like with the villain edit thing, like it was a joke, but like it is, there's obviously truth for everything. Like whatever it was more about, I just felt like what happens. We all know like what reality TV shows are like and how they are, and they're telling a story and then you're going to find bits that add into the storyline that you know, go and push narrative and whatever and our contexts and like that sort of stuff. I felt like I was a little bit half done behying that, and but then I'm trying to accept that it's just a show and everyone kind of has the time and that's just how it goes, you know, like, yes, it's just a journey that I'm trying to like navigate my way through.
Speaker 3: It was all happy days and we were painting a wall. No one's going to watch that show, that's it, and then that's just what it is.
Speaker 2: The other issue, I think, just the other issue that I had with that was the fact that because we were like the first like Indians on the show and like first time we've been on a like the highest rating show in Australia, it's mainstream and it's four times a week, there are implications associated with that in the sense that people it's new and it would be great if they saw us who was happy, go lucky like kind of people, because what happened was like when you know, different that one side was focused on. I suppose one fast side of appisode is it opened us up to like horrific you know, racism and like death threats and stuff like that, which we were not prepared for because it's just a building show for God's sakes, Like it's not life or death.
Speaker 3: And like, my honest opinion is that is not to pay attention.
Speaker 1: It would be remissive me not to talk about this. I mean, the relationship with the Builders has now spilled out into the media. Would you say that it would you say that there might be a bit of truth on both sides of the scale? I mean, how do you feel reading this? He said? She said, that's kind of played out amongst yourselves and the Builders.
Speaker 2: It's hard because like, yeah, absolutely, like there are there's truth to both sides. Obviously, the biggest worst part of it was like the stealing of the tiles one hundred percent true, like because that he like, and it's not both of them, so we should be like be particular and specific. I just didn't want to single anyone out, particularly but our carpenter. He was the one that actually said I want these for my house and as a joke. And then next thing I knew a couple weeks later in hallway week when it wasn't any sort of tiling week and they were bright pink tiles I used in my second mate main on spitet room, never going to use them again in the house there was no planter and we a had omd room done. He ordered those and ordered for them to be picked up by him. He also got the tilers that we had and lied to them and said hey, I need to pick up these for Sharon Nunks. Can you give them to me? And I had no idea about it. I only found out about it when the lady from Beaumont said, hey, do you want grout for the tiles.
Speaker 3: That was of a shock, that's a big shock. Yeah, she was undermining the relationship that was there. Like if they think were lazy or any of that, that's one thing. If it's it's different when it's come to.
Speaker 2: And before it played out on television, I told Julian like Julian knew about it straight away and we were trying to figure out how to handle it and you know, but the issues and like a lot of people like why wouldn't you get rid of these builders early in the piece when they were bitching about you and they were trying to get camera tirement saying stuff, And the reason is we were looking couldn't get anybody.
Speaker 3: We also didn't know though early days we didn't know what they were saying to production, like they didn't know what we were saying to production, but that we had no idea there was. It was some days it was passive, aggressive, some days it was great. So I don't know where we sat with it, but also with.
Speaker 2: The truth on their side, Liam definitely worked hard, he definitely did. It was more the carpenter chippy who didn't Who was the one who wasn't working on Saturday, So it was on both of them, it was one in particular. And then Lee himself had a conversation with us saying because they only worked together for a little bit of time, they actually worked together on the outside, that's why they came together as package. And he had a conversation with us saying, I was really it's really opened my eyes to working with Scotti here. I didn't expect that he wasn't going to work on Saturdays, and I have to think really hard about whether he's going to be in my employee when I get out of here. So it's hard because everyone was like, you know, and we haven't gone out of our way to specifically go and talk about it. We get asked questions, but it's questions as a result of what's played out on TV. And it is really sad we got.
Speaker 3: It because it's a big risk for tradestick come on the show also, right, like that's their lively, so we're not in the game to ruin anyone's lives.
Speaker 2: These conversations were had behind the scenes before they made it to camera to try to solve which you don't see. Like even the one earlier in the piece where Im texted us at three o'clock in the morning, he admitted he was drunk. He sented it, he was angry, whatever, that's fine, But I had said to him, I was like, in messages block phone, I said, it's better if we don't do this on camera because I know that the reputations and I don't want you know, they're good guys, like I don't want them to have to go through that, but he didn't take my advice and then it played out on camera and then you know, you don't know how he's going to be portrayed. We don't know we're going to be portrayed. And basically it's made us all look like shit, let's be honest. And for them to kind of continue it on in social media posts and do that is a bit sad.
Speaker 3: Like I get it they want to defend themselves and that, but like the more you talk about these things, the more it didn't flames the situation, right.
Speaker 2: So, but also just like trying to cover up the biggest thing, which was the titles and whatever and trying to say like we knew about it, that is kissing me off a little bit. But I but again, like only because you've asked me, I'm talking about it, I don't. Yeah, it's just really sad, like we've just never been through an experience like that before, and unfortunately happens in Australian families and when you have renovations and things like that, these are the awkward things you go through.
Speaker 3: This is like exactly like one's basically one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: And everybody's under pressure, you know, like everybody's tired, everybody's exhausted. Is a big commitment for three months, and we are very grateful for their work, like their quality of work is great. They seem to just be, you know, annoyed. Maybe it is because Chippy worked on two seasons before and you know, he's a different expectation than We're different contestants to the other ones.
Speaker 3: And we Ronnie loves painting, Like I don't know anybody who loves painting that much. I was like, you might be a little bit of a psychopath with that uncle.
Speaker 1: He's got to get that energy out somehow, Like he's a Rude's got a lot of extra energy going on. They get that out on your painting, and we're not all the same. I think the best advice for everyone at this point is to stay off social media with their opinions because we're only halfway through a story being told, and you know, you're feeding into an environment that's uncontrollable and it can be really hurtful for both sides. So it'll be corrects and everyone's for everyone involved to stay off it. But here I am asking the question, so people, and we're going to.
Speaker 2: Be honest and truthful. This is why we're responding. But like we've also got receipts. We don't want to we don't want it. We don't want to bring anybody down, like, we don't want that, and we never have. Unfortunately, it's played out on the show, so now there's commentary around it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's true. The more it was about it, the more it just.
Speaker 2: I think the crux of it is like misunderstandings about expectation from the start, so like and not having that communicated and instead talking to producers about it, and then it just kind of like snowballed into this thing. So they might have expected more from us and we might have expected more from them, and then you know, like it just was passag and all this kind of crap, which gets.
Speaker 1: What about now we are running out of a bad of time? But everyone who joins the podcast gets asked this question, what's something from behind the scenes that we did not see that we will not see throughout the rest of the series, kind of a behind the scene secret of making the block that you can share with us.
Speaker 2: I've got one. Do you have one?
Speaker 3: No, I've got one.
Speaker 2: Do you have a think? Well, I'll tell this one really quickly when we first yeah, when we first had when we first moved into House three, and we did like the first room. You know, generally like when you do all the demo and stuff, there's just beams everywhere and you have to walk over the beams and do stuff. And we had a portoloo that was like, you know, I don't know, it's forty fifty meters away. In the middle of the night, aunts would just we through the beams pull it out. It was like, so you wouldn't have seen that because it's not family.
Speaker 3: Friendly, and you don't see it ever again because I saw a go for it.
Speaker 1: That's two contestants now, two chats on this podcast that's had the reveal. I mean it's pretty scary. I mean I don't know anyone going to the bathroom. That's the last thing they want is to be recorded or being recorded. Don't worry, no one had seen anyone's Geniti on the block this season or any season anytime soon. I just want to say, before you both go, thank you so much for your time. I have seen your rooms, I've seen it all in the flesh, and I absolutely think you have done a brilliant job. I think you're both gorgeous people. Enjoy the rest of this season because it may not ever happen again, and good luck you know.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for your time and support. That's unreal.
Speaker 2: Such a sweetheart. We absolutely loved meeting you when you were there and we really appreciate your support now. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: And all the money, because you know we'll talk about when you've made three quarters of a million dollars. Then you won't care about what anyone.
Speaker 3: Has to say.
Speaker 1: I can turn up with those gigantic overpriced coats and wander around.
Speaker 2: About both fair fair.
Speaker 1: Already, guys, Thank
Speaker 2: You, thanks lovely,